Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2010 1:13 AM
Feb 2009
love the new intro and ed awesome ep worth the wait
Apr 11, 2010 1:58 AM
Jul 2008
Nice new op, not so much for the ed though. Lol at the Sora no Woto poster in the background! I feel bad for Celty now, getting chased all over town by the cops now, but it was nice see Celty actually being afriad, again. Shinra's father was really weird, along with the Slasher hacking into the Dollars network. As for Kira, I wonder what his connection to the yellow scarf... Overall, great episode again!
Apr 11, 2010 2:36 AM

May 2008
ringoo4 said:
After rewatching the episode, I think there must be connection between Shizuo and Slasher. Slasher was apparently stalking him from what I've seen.

Edited: oh slasher attacking bully scene is just creepy as fuck.
Yes!

Awesome episode!
JonasApr 11, 2010 2:42 AM
Apr 11, 2010 2:40 AM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't mind if Anri leeched onto me and became my friend....despite not knowing much about her.

Episode was pretty exciting to me.
Apr 11, 2010 3:10 AM

Mar 2009
Fragile Celty hehe. What a tsundere =P
Apr 11, 2010 3:47 AM
Feb 2009
For a moment I got this silly thought that Anri will turn into slasher and kill the bullies... but only for a moment. Than, the slasher appeared and killed those bitches. I still think there might be some connection between Anri and slasher.

And what's with that weird spamer on chat? Also, is it just me or did they made voices in chat slightly more recognizable? I don't know, even before I was pretty sure I recognized Mikado's voice in that chat...
Apr 11, 2010 7:09 AM

Dec 2007
jog said:
did anybody else lol hard when izaya went all, "SHE'S HEREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! oAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAo!!!!"

I did too xD. The Shinra and Selty moments are always nice to see, can't wait too see how Shinra's dad interacts with them, from the previews it looks like it will be interesting to say the least. I'm still wondering about the slasher and who exactly it has a connection with whether it be Shizuo, Anri or just someone else.
SapphireStar26 said:

I was actually thinking AHAHA BITCHES GOT PWNED when the slasher attacked those girls bullying Anri...I'm so vengeful lol D:

Nah I don't think you're vengeful, I'm pretty sure a lot of us were thinking that xD.
Apr 11, 2010 7:15 AM

Sep 2007
I definitely LOVE the new opening, ending is good but I still prefer Trust me (so catchy!).
The episode was good as always, I really can't stand Anri, she is SO passive, but I suppose she has her own reasons...

Apr 11, 2010 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
first ED was better imo, the slasher is kinda scary but some Dollars seem to know more.

wonder what the yellow scarves have to do with anything, why did Kida
Apr 11, 2010 8:52 AM

Jan 2009
^Obvious spoiler was obvious ^^
Thanks for the warning though : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 11, 2010 10:18 AM

May 2009
the intro isnt as catchy as the 1st one same thing applies to the ending but they're okay also it looks like not much has changed in those six months and the slasher is still killing..for a second i thought that Anri might be the slasher and she was going to kill those girls...well atleast i was right about the girls getting killed by the slasher! XD lol well they deserved it anyway >.> and that policeman has some mental issues towards Celty -_- leave her alone!
Apr 11, 2010 11:05 AM

Oct 2007
Love this episode we can finally get to see more of Kida nad Anri side story.
But the best part of this episode we can see Anri's thoughts.
KuroTsuki14Apr 11, 2010 11:13 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Apr 11, 2010 11:12 AM

Jan 2010
I love the new op. I didn't know it was a new season, but I like how they put the main characters in the intro. So, the dude at the end is the actual Slasher. And, come on Anri, I really wanted you to go physco on those girls, but you just sat there and took it. Oh, and I can't get over how freakin adorable those Shrina x Celty moments are >.<
Apr 11, 2010 11:46 AM

May 2008
Hahah Shinra's dad was so epic.
Apr 11, 2010 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
Ah nice episode! :) new opening was quite nice.. well everything i wanted to say has pretty much been said! :P i was damn sure that Anri was the slicer though..pitty.. ^.^
Shinra's dad was hillarious! At first I really thought he would turn in some kind of turbo fighter or sth and beat the crap out of those guys but afterall he was just weird depending on Celty! haha xD Oh and also this time i pretty much enjoyed the chat scenes.. :P
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 11, 2010 12:19 PM

Jan 2009

Apr 11, 2010 12:55 PM
May 2008
Boring episode until the end when... SHIT GOT REAL!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 11, 2010 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
Jure said:

And what's with that weird spamer on chat? Also, is it just me or did they made voices in chat slightly more recognizable? I don't know, even before I was pretty sure I recognized Mikado's voice in that chat...

It has something to do with the Slasher (I read about in the novel). I'm sure we'll see something about really soon.
(And yeah,the voices in the chat are now more recognizable,since there's no really an use to hide identities since we know who is who now)

I really liked the episode as ever,and I really love OP2. It's pure love for me,and I think the same about END2,but just a littler lower. Trust Me was so special,but this is kinda awesome too.
AHHH,DAMN,THE SHINRA X CELTY PARTS....I really,really go fangirl with that pair.
By the way,Shingen Kishitani is freaking weird. What an unpredictable funny dude.
Kinnosuke (the cop) will have something weird behind,or that's what I've been thinking about later....
And Kida...too. Well, that's something that since episode 5 at least we've been wondering about.
hiromeeApr 11, 2010 2:22 PM
Apr 11, 2010 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
Jure said:
Also, is it just me or did they made voices in chat slightly more recognizable? I don't know, even before I was pretty sure I recognized Mikado's voice in that chat...
I hate telling this again again, but for the first 12 episode, the chat conversation was voiced entirely by narator of the each episode. Now, last episode, they revealed who they are exactly, so they don't really need to do that now on. So, they are now using actual seiyuus for the users. That's all.
Apr 11, 2010 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
Vinhthehero said:

It seems to be mocking Shizuo.. a gurl in bartender suit
Apr 11, 2010 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
Hydrazoid said:
Vinhthehero said:

It seems to be mocking Shizuo.. a gurl in bartender suit

Lol my thoughts exactly
Apr 11, 2010 7:29 PM

Nov 2009
jog said:
did anybody else lol hard when izaya went all, "SHE'S HEREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! oAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAo!!!!"

Oh I did :'D lol I played that scene over like 5 times before moving on with the rest of hte episode. What really made that part epic was the smiley face he used in the chat rofl XDDDD

jog said:
also, much love to shinra's dad. :'3 I CAN'T WAIT FOR SHINRA/DADDY INTERACTION. ( i'm the only one who commented on shinra's dad, huh. )

ooooh, NVM. PERSON ABOVE ME, YOU'RE AWESOME.

<*W*> I AM AWESOME 8D Why thank you ;D

DemonTetsuo said:
SapphireStar26 said:

I was actually thinking AHAHA BITCHES GOT PWNED when the slasher attacked those girls bullying Anri...I'm so vengeful lol D:

Nah I don't think you're vengeful, I'm pretty sure a lot of us were thinking that xD.

Hmm true true, glad I'm not the only one :'D
Apr 11, 2010 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
I felt the atmosphere was a little different this episode, and the OP/ED added to that. It was really good, just felt a little darker. I can't wait to learn more about Anri and Kida and the Slasher!
Apr 11, 2010 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
Shinra's dad... is pretty amazing. XD

Oh, and I couldn't stop laughing at the whole, "frail in bed" comment. :'D
Apr 11, 2010 9:10 PM

Apr 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
Oh, and I can't get over how freakin adorable those Shrina x Celty moments are >.<

Nor can I. :3

<3
Apr 11, 2010 10:56 PM

Jul 2007
haha, Celty was left traumatized by the cops xD

Glad to see that we're going to get more development on Kida, he's "such a bro". Miyano's voicing fits him too well.
Apr 11, 2010 11:47 PM

Oct 2009
Jaapsneep said:
first ED was better imo, the slasher is kinda scary but some Dollars seem to know more.

wonder what the yellow scarves have to do with anything, why did Kida
Awesome spoiler but I think it has to do with the girl in the hospital.....I have a bad feeling it will be sad drama I can feel it somehow......I will assume it might be.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 12, 2010 4:07 AM

Feb 2010
awesome
I can't wait to know what happens with the serial killer and anri
Apr 12, 2010 4:33 AM

May 2008
that was scary , new op and ed ROCKS

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 12, 2010 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
new opening song is rocking my ears right now XD
Apr 12, 2010 5:12 AM

Mar 2009
Umm as for new episodes, when they was talking on chat, does mikado already know that Kanra is Izaya? I know that in previous episode Izaya called him 'Tanaka Taro-kun', but now Mikado is completely sure that he is Kanra? I have doubt, because anything changed from time, before he didn't know who he was.
I hope someone answer this stupid question, sorry ;_;
Apr 12, 2010 6:36 AM

Jul 2009
Maya666 said:
Umm as for new episodes, when they was talking on chat, does mikado already know that Kanra is Izaya? I know that in previous episode Izaya called him 'Tanaka Taro-kun', but now Mikado is completely sure that he is Kanra? I have doubt, because anything changed from time, before he didn't know who he was.
I hope someone answer this stupid question, sorry ;_;

Isn't obvious that Mikado knew Izaya is Kanra from last episode.Even in Private Message chat scene Izaya tell Mikado to stay low-profile as Yellow Scarves doesn't like Dollars & Mikado agrees with his advice.
Apr 12, 2010 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
Kagura89 said:
Isn't obvious that Mikado knew Izaya is Kanra from last episode.Even in Private Message chat scene Izaya tell Mikado to stay low-profile as Yellow Scarves doesn't like Dollars & Mikado agrees with his advice.

Thanks for answer me. Yeah, I remember this, but like I said, I still had doubt because nothing didn't change. I expected that Mikado would be more nervous or something like that.
Apr 12, 2010 7:49 AM

May 2009
mom mom mom mom mom mom mom
mom mom mom mom
mom mom mom mom mom mom
mom mom mom
Apr 12, 2010 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
OP is so addicting.. and no, it's not a guilty pleasure.
Apr 12, 2010 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
Really great episode that brought back a lot of the kooky comedy that i liked about the first half of the first arc. Shinra's dad is awesomely weird, Celty being spooked by the new Traffic Cop was great, and Izaya is <3.

I didn't even remember that the slasher was carrying a different weapon, but it doesn't really change my thought that he/she/it is called when people get bullied. The first time we saw him was when Ryugamine was being bullied by the scarves, and now the Slasher is here to 'save' Anri. Maybe he's a personification of that emptiness, but I also wonder how he's related to Izaya, since he seems to know everything going on in Ikebukruo (not to mention that he has called himself a demon in the past). I also wonder if Shinra's dad is here to check things out on the Slasher, since everyone in this show has ulterior motives.

Back to the question game, and that's what I love about Drrr!!
Apr 12, 2010 7:48 PM

May 2008
I really did enjoy this episode. Great opening episode for the second half of the series. As for the new OP and ED, I don't really like them all that much. Although I probably get addicted to them the more I listen to it. Just like Uragiri no Yuuyake. <3

The Slasher is quite a mystery, and I do agree on the whole 'it kills to save the bullied' idea. Then again, we haven't seen many episode with it. Kida is still epic with his whole flirting with the girls thing. And we find out something new about Anri [for me at least]. It shocked me when I heard it, when the Ganguro girls were beating her up. Izaya is still awesome though. Oh, I don't like the police force. Darn them for creeping out Celty. D< Man, I love this show. So many questions left unanswered, totally can'y wait for ep 14.

Apr 13, 2010 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
I'm interested in Anri. I'd heard something like this would happen, but I didn't know anything really specific.
Apr 13, 2010 2:50 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Really great episode that brought back a lot of the kooky comedy that i liked about the first half of the first arc. Shinra's dad is awesomely weird, Celty being spooked by the new Traffic Cop was great, and Izaya is <3.
Back to the question game, and that's what I love about Drrr!!

It's so rare to see you satisfied with anime but I am happy you did :D
noteDhero said:
now the Slasher is here to 'save' Anri. Maybe he's a personification of that emptiness,

That is interesting and I though about that too as a possibility.
noteDhero said:
I also wonder if Shinra's dad is here to check things out on the Slasher, since everyone in this show has ulterior motives.

Yeah that could be it but also I wonder if he discovered something more about Celty.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 13, 2010 2:57 AM

Jun 2009
OP and ED was great, glad they are on-par with their older counterparts.

This might be the most enjoyable episode of DRRR for me so far, the story this time seems more interesting.

Big lulz moment at shinra's father :D
Apr 13, 2010 2:58 AM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:

Yeah that could be it but also I wonder if he discovered something more about Celty.

Oh, you know, that never crossed my mind, but that makes sense. It would have to be something regarding her memories. I'll be sleeping on that one (since I'm up at an ungodly hour right now).
Apr 13, 2010 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
New OP, New ED, New plot, NEW TWIST!!

Seriously, I wasn't expecting that. I thought I really understand the whole story up to episode 12, but I was d*** wrong, when lots of twists and turns came in~~~~

Now there's lots of holes in the plot that need to fill in to understand a 2nd half of this series~~~

5 stars for surprising me and keep on attracting me to watch more!!
Apr 13, 2010 5:42 AM
Mar 2010
LovercraftIzuo said:
ringoo4 said:

Izaya is behind of all this.

Izaya is behind everything. Is like our fluffy coated prophet xDD

Rofl
Apr 13, 2010 7:26 AM

Jul 2009
First few words about op and ed. First ed - I think its better then the first one. But about op the first one was much better, well i can't say that this one is bad but i liked the first one more then the new.

Shinra father sudden arrival and the way he behave ...., also Selty reaction for the cops was great ;] Another very good ep
Apr 13, 2010 12:40 PM

Nov 2009
otakufries said:
mom mom mom mom
mom mom mom mom mom mom
mom mom mom

rofl XD

that was an..interesting part~
Apr 13, 2010 5:24 PM

Jul 2009
The new opening is good, but I preferd the previous one, that tune was catchy.

I must say, as horrid as thoses bully girls are, that slasher scene was disturbing!!!
Watching threw the eyes of a potential victims who is about to black out is a great, genious approach.
This series features great rt, creativity and perfectly fitting jazz/blues music.

I'm looking forward to seeing Shinra's dad.

Apr 13, 2010 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
if anri doesn't sustain any form of knife injury, I could see her being the slasher due to the unreliable narrator aspect (too much Ryukishi07 for me....)

So before the slasher has a long katana, now it's just an average knife.....
Apr 14, 2010 5:44 PM

Sep 2008
So is anyone hating he new OP and End as much as I am? Seriously the other OP kicked ass and this one is just like meh -.-

I wanna know more about Kida-kun and his past! Seriously couldn't care less about Anri >.>

Oooh and that was sooo cute when Celty went to Shinra's arms all shaken :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2010 6:54 PM

Feb 2010
CC-Kallen said:
I fucking love this show. XD

Oh yes, I'm so glad it's back. While still good, the last episode has a bit of a 'wind down' feel; this one... well, things definitely sped up. Celty remains my favorite character, but everyone's just so damn interesting to watch. Love it!

myth720 said:
Did Izaya just use キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!! in the chat??
my brain is a little broken XDDD

That was really funny. I remember being overwhelmed by the chat dialogs at first, but now that I have a bearing on who's saying what, they are so fun. And creepy, too.

母母母
母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母母

.__.
Apr 15, 2010 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
sexiji said:
CC-Kallen said:
I fucking love this show. XD

Oh yes, I'm so glad it's back. While still good, the last episode has a bit of a 'wind down' feel; this one... well, things definitely sped up. Celty remains my favorite character, but everyone's just so damn interesting to watch. Love it!

myth720 said:
Did Izaya just use キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!! in the chat??
my brain is a little broken XDDD

That was really funny. I remember being overwhelmed by the chat dialogs at first, but now that I have a bearing on who's saying what, they are so fun. And creepy, too.

母母母

.__.

ending was epic

-awesome ep

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Feb 25, 2010

299 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
May 22, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

300 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
May 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.