Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 31, 4:09 PM
Jul 2023
doesn't it feel kind of rushed when compared to its manga?
Jul 31, 4:32 PM

Sep 2018
Man, I'm loving the animation in this show, it really does enhance the watching experience.
Jul 31, 4:35 PM
Jul 2022
Amazing episode!
Jul 31, 4:46 PM

Feb 2020
Definitely same energy
Jul 31, 4:51 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
Thankfully, Aqua's back to normal thanks to... Akane.

Find yourself a partner that's so in love with you to the fact that they'd help you murder someone. Truly true love <3 Then we have Ruby with the other kind of "love" for his brother to the fact that "she'd lose respect for him" if he got Akane pregnant... as if she had any respect for dude to begin with lol. Someone I started having respect for was Melt for actual being a gentleman and stopping that other idiot from hitting further on my girl Minami. This absolute manwhore as Mem called him legit asked for Ruby's straight after.. LOL.

Get some banter from Akane and Arima.. lol. Really was just the setup for Akane and Arima's rivalry in the coming episodes as the setup is finally over after a long and tiring five episodes. Thank god. Did not remember the setup for the play being this long in the manga. That transformation scene was absolutely beautiful, I can't lie though. Entire final scene with Aqua facing his past self was also beautiful. If thing looked this beautiful already, who knows how beautiful this play will be.

Five episodes later, and here we go, the Tokyo Blade Stage Play is finally here.
@IzanaSolos Ruby losing respect for aqua if he got Akane pregnant I'm fairly certain stems from how in her past life Ai got pregnant at 16 and had to disappear for a while because of it. So I completely understand Ruby's thoughts there
Jul 31, 4:52 PM

Jul 2022
Wow, having a girl support you to the point of wanting to kill someone for you is serious business—some would call that love. Although I still prefer Kana, I adore the rivalry between Akane and Kana; they push each other to prove who acts better.

Aqua trained with the director, and I hope there has been some progress and that he delivers a great performance, even though the trauma is still present. I also hope that Narushima shows improvement, as he has been working hard to become a better actor. Now, it all depends on what the actors do on stage.
Jul 31, 4:57 PM
Aug 2022
Idc what anyone says this is one of the best shows of the modern gen, I love the phycological trauma aspect of this show. This episode we got a little peak into Ruby's own trauma and its obvious she hasn't gotten over Ai at all despite what Aqua said last episode. The look on her face when thinking about what might happen if Aqua got Akane pregnant, Ruby's obviously thinking back to when Ai was pregnant before she died and was reincarnated.

its great to see Ruby again also, Aside from Kana she's probably my favourite female character in this show. This episode just honestly made me like Kana even more I loved her back and forth with Akane. Tbh I noticed a lot of subtle details this episode which I feel like are hinting at Aqua and Akane maybe breaking up in the future. (Which I really hope they do tbh)

This episode once again proved that Akane is really weird, With how she's perfectly happy to kill someone for Aqua. Like yeah its what Aqua's striving for but he's been mentally broken down and hurt to this point. Akane is just happy to kill someone for him even though she has no mental trauma which would lead to that. So I cant help but dislike her more

nice detail I noticed at the end when Abiko was standing outside was the cold breaths of her and the other 2. Subtle detail which adds a lot.

considering I doubt the stage play will take up another like 6 or so episodes im curious to see what happens with the rest of the season
Phantom_373Jul 31, 5:01 PM
Jul 31, 5:16 PM

Jun 2019
I want some skill upgrade for Melt-kun. Guy has suffered too much.
Jul 31, 5:25 PM

Jul 2024
this ep is great n can't wait for the next week ep. Will see how Aqua overcome his trauma and showing off his feeling in acting.

BUT the most important thing, I can't get off my eyes from AKANE. She's a keeper for sure

shaftmajoJul 31, 5:29 PM
Jul 31, 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
This episode becomes so good for me when there is a Ruby scene. Her emotion and the atmosphere is just awesome, props to the studio and the voice actress.

Seriously, I can't wait for the next arc.

Jul 31, 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
woooow and I thought last episode couldn't be topped for a while and boy was I wrong.

As an anime only watcher, I keep believing there's a good reason for the starry eyes and whether they're white or black. Of course there was the moment in season one where it went beyond the thinking that it's just family genes and to signify aqua and ruby's relation to their mother. However this season we have some particular moments where akane switches between different mental states including large and small stars, but now we even got black star Ruby for good measure.

Ahhhh I thought I had a favorite between Akane and Kana-chan, but I'm so glad they're both just so good. Although I'm probably weak towards those that support you no matter what your goals are and one that empathizes with others this strongly. I can't wait 7 days...
Jul 31, 5:36 PM

Jul 2024
Akane with the "I'll help you kill them" was great but terrifying lol. She seems willing to do anything for Aqua, and that can be a good and bad thing.

I'm hyped the play is here already. I like how they skipped the rest of the prep and set up the next episode for the show.
Jul 31, 5:37 PM
Nov 2019
Excited to see the next episode, animation is indeed better than just reading it in manga!!!
Jul 31, 5:39 PM
Jun 2012
It's coming good as the previous season, and even made me laugh. It's progressing better than the first episodes.
Jul 31, 5:51 PM
Apr 2023
waifu that will killforyou
Jul 31, 5:54 PM
Apr 2024
KANA SUPREMACHYYYYYY
Jul 31, 5:54 PM
May 2024
The emotion and fear brought on by akane and aqua in their conversation about aqua's plans truly hit me. sent a shiver up my back.
Jul 31, 5:57 PM
Jan 2024
como me malogra el fucking dia saber que akane existe. Pero salió la mangaka, buen cap
Jul 31, 5:58 PM

Nov 2023
Are we already at the play? I'm always amazed at how often the sense of rhythm changes from the anime to the manga, but I don't remember perfectly, was something cut out? I expected this season to be almost entirely focused on the play.

Jul 31, 5:58 PM
May 2023
Episode had me smiling.
Jul 31, 6:09 PM
Mar 2022
Can't wait to see the next episode !!!
Jul 31, 6:21 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to ZoneAnimTime
como me malogra el fucking dia saber que akane existe. Pero salió la mangaka, buen cap
@ZoneAnimTime Callate simple aleatorio
Jul 31, 6:22 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to raycrack4
@ZoneAnimTime Callate simple aleatorio
@raycrack4 quien te está hablando oe tontolon
Jul 31, 6:24 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to ZoneAnimTime
@raycrack4 quien te está hablando oe tontolon
@ZoneAnimTime Como un profesional en el rubro no puedo quedarme callado ante una opinión totalmente errónea
Jul 31, 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
The play looks exciting. Let's see what kind of performance Aqua will give.
Jul 31, 6:40 PM

Apr 2022
akane is so up rn but the bits with arima's teasing was great as well, and the transitions to the play were too good. put some respect on melt's name bru.
Jul 31, 6:58 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to raycrack4
@ZoneAnimTime Como un profesional en el rubro no puedo quedarme callado ante una opinión totalmente errónea
@raycrack4 chat cree que verse 1000 animes lo hace profesional 💀
Jul 31, 7:03 PM

Feb 2017
I like the loyalty of Akane to Aqua even though they aren't the best couple. The rivalry between Akane and Arima is also growing, though it still has that childish fight vibe. The flashbacks are still intense. Looking forward to seeing how Tokyo Blade gets adapted.

ㅤㅤ I love Nao Tomori ♡
ㅤㅤ友利奈緒のことが大好きです ♥

let's feel good
レッツ フィールグッドします
Jul 31, 7:41 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to ZoneAnimTime
@raycrack4 chat cree que verse 1000 animes lo hace profesional 💀
@ZoneAnimTime claro que sí, de ahora en adelante solo existen 2 opiniones, las que están totalmente equivocadas y las mías
Jul 31, 7:48 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to Nerdason
Definitely same energy
@Nerdason lmfao this is so hilarious XD
Jul 31, 7:59 PM

Aug 2022
- Akane is on fire once again for this episode. Nonchalantly saying she'll support Aqua's efforts to kill someone is quite the affirmation of a life debt.

- Ruby is back! Her naivety was on full display when she couldn't figure out what could a guy be doing with his girlfriend late at night. That naivety also might be why she immediately assumed that Aqua sleeping around with a high school girl would result in a pregnancy. I understand her concern. But Ruby, ever heard of contraceptives?

- The thought of Aqua getting someone pregnant at a young age causes Ruby to have a black star appear in her eye for the first time. I see two sides of this. Firstly, I totally buy that Ruby doesn't want Aqua going down the same path as their biological father. On the other hand though, this might really be more of a sign of Ruby's jealousy... her brocon side surfacing.

- The look on Ruby's face as she walks off to the bathroom....

If I did not know any better, that is the look of someone who feels she's going to loose the "best sister of the year" award to the likes of Yuki Suou from Roshidere. 🙃

- The rivalry between Kana and Akane is reaching a new stage. Surprised to know that Kana was actually the one who inspired Akane as a child to get into acting.

- I wonder how will Aqua's panic attacks affect him once he gets to finally perform in the stage play....

- Looking forward to finally seeing the Tokyo Blade 2.5D stage play in its full glory next episode!
Jul 31, 9:17 PM
Jul 2024
Like the last episode, I enjoy the implication of Aqua's PTSD, I hope they continue this approach and I'm excited to see the play's performance
Jul 31, 10:02 PM

Apr 2022
Yeah, that’s another great episode. We’re on a good roll now.

My girl Akane is really solidifying herself as the protagonist of this arc. Really happy to see her getting so much love. Really do not think I her devotion to Aqua is healthy lol.
Jul 31, 10:15 PM

Jul 2023
Great episode... look forward to ep6
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 31, 10:18 PM

Nov 2017
We're Ready for the Stage !!! so Tokyo Blade arc is nearly the end, and i can't wait how the Live Stage gonna be Animated.

And we still see Kana vs Akane Rivalry still going, idk i just love these 2 encounter everytime lol.
Jul 31, 10:48 PM
Mar 2015
The show must go on even with Aqua in a bad place and the grils cat fighting
Jul 31, 10:52 PM
Mar 2022
the best episode so far and quite possibly a strong contender for episode of the season.

"You said it yourself. You put everything you have on those scales of yours.
Because if you merely followed others, while being lost and adrift yourself...
without ever truly weighing your decisions and consequences... then you just may come to regret everything."
Jul 31, 11:53 PM

Jun 2023
Can’t wait to see Aqua’s acting being animated!!
Jul 31, 11:54 PM
Feb 2024
Best episode so far imo
Jul 31, 11:56 PM

May 2015
I can't wait to see how they'll adapt this. The play in the manga is so fucking good.

Jul 31, 11:58 PM

Apr 2015
Definitely my favorite episode so far, a riveting setup/transition to the opening stage play performance and it had a perfect little mix of everything - Akane showing why she's best girl, Ruby with her black star, Melt being setup to prove his worth and improvement as an actor (fuck that yellow-haired dude), the Akane vs. Kana rivalry, Aqua using his past trauma for his emotional acting...definitely looking forward to the next episode!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Aug 1, 12:05 AM
Jun 2021
Great cant wait for next episode
Aug 1, 12:08 AM
Feb 2015
Akane vs Arima. The fated battle between genius in acting and Aqua emotional acting. I'm looking forward to the theater next episode!

Is that siscon I detect? Hope it didn't go that way.
Aug 1, 12:12 AM

Mar 2019
Just another phenomenal episode.
Highlights were the Akane and Aqua on the balcony scene and the Aqua's own personal hell in the mirror scene.
Aug 1, 12:27 AM
Sep 2022
perfesct sinematograpy
Aug 1, 12:29 AM
Jun 2024
Another great episode! These last two episodes have been awesome! Also, Akane has solidified her best girl position for me, and Aqua is a genuinely great protagonist; his complex emotions and story are very entertaining. I can’t wait for the next episode!
Aug 1, 12:37 AM
Mar 2023
I hardly ever come in these discussion boards but omg, this episode was fantastic, I'm on the edge of my seat for the play.
Aug 1, 2:49 AM

Jul 2014
I remember reading this part in the manga years ago, they did not disappoint, mostly with the Akane ride or die line, the way her eyes shifted from a bubble like starry eye to a black hole was amazing, it didnt hit me as much as the manga but the scene where Kana and Hanekawa just casually disturbing Akane and Aqua and this was Akane practicing too, I know Kana's insecure when it comes to Akane but calm tf down bitch.
Cannot wait how the play is gonna turn out!
Aug 1, 2:52 AM

Feb 2014
First things first, Memcho finally got more screentime and that made me VERY happy! =D

Secondly, Akane showed her near unbreakable loyalty towards Aqua when he mentioned his hypothetical about his ultimate goal and she showed no hesitation in wanting to help him out. It makes me hugely respect her more, but also a bit more scared by it as well.

It wasn't all seriousness, though. The bickering between Kana and Akane was simply hilarious. Kana is a master of being able to get underneath someone's skin and Akane was no exception to that. Their rivalry is entertaining, so I do look forward to seeing how these two will perform during the play itself. Same goes for Aqua. Thanks to Gotanda helping him out with the emotional acting, along with Akane's help, he is ready to give it his all.

I hope this stage play is a huge success. =)
Aug 1, 2:54 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Best artstyle of the season. It looks so good!
Loved every second of it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Ep 6. Predictions

did4375 - 28 minutes ago

1 by Phantom_373 »»
2 minutes ago

» Akane and Kana (rivalry) ( 1 2 3 )

benedito2937425 - Jul 31

118 by benedito2937425 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

154 by CarresingHook4 »»
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ricky16 - Jul 24

216 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 3:57 PM

» ep5 just solidified akane as best girl

Kitsune_089 - Jul 31

39 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.