Forum Settings
Forums
New
Today, 12:04 AM

Jul 2023
As recent, there are some topics going on about "weeb". So, question is- what kind of title weeb actually is?

I personally think weeb as an insult. I don't know maybe I am the only one who thinks like that.
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Today, 12:06 AM

Jul 2024
Didn't it originate from anime fans trying to accumulate the insult weeaboo into the moniker weeb as a way to mock the haters and embrace the predominant "anime is trash and so am I" mentality of the 2010?
Today, 12:06 AM

Feb 2020
It sounds a little bit offensive imo.
Today, 12:12 AM
Jun 2024
I don’t consider myself an “otaku” or “weeb” because they both usually have negative connotations and kind of describe a person who is obsessed with something in a very harmful way. Plus, every time I've seen any Japanese person talk about weebs, it’s not in a positive light.
Today, 12:32 AM

Jun 2024
Just like I'm told on previous forum the word sound "Weeb" is akin to "Dweeb" so yes that's a offensive.
Today, 12:36 AM

Jun 2024
Depending on how it's said, "Ew, you're such a weeb" or "Oh my god, we're such weebs".

๐“๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ผ๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐“ช ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ
๐“๐”€๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“”๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ
๐“ค๐“ท๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท
Today, 12:38 AM

Feb 2009
Absolutely an insult. Western Otaku is acceptable and from personal experience, the Japanese recognize western Otaku to be different than Japanese Otaku.
-Crimson-Today, 12:47 AM
Today, 12:39 AM

May 2019
It's just a silly adjective to describe an anime fan.
Today, 12:40 AM

Feb 2009
Reply to Solacev
Didn't it originate from anime fans trying to accumulate the insult weeaboo into the moniker weeb as a way to mock the haters and embrace the predominant "anime is trash and so am I" mentality of the 2010?
@Solacev Originated on 4chan in the early to mid 2000s with the term Wapanese, as a way to insult someone for "wanting to become a Japanese person" then this comic had the word "weaboo" in it, and 4chan decided that sounded more catchy I guess? and adopted that instead.
-Crimson-Today, 12:43 AM
Today, 12:44 AM

Jul 2024
Reply to -Crimson-
@Solacev Originated on 4chan in the early to mid 2000s with the term Wapanese, as a way to insult someone for "wanting to become a Japanese person" then this comic had the word "weaboo" in it, and 4chan decided that sounded more catchy I guess? and adopted that instead.
@-Crimson- I see, thank you for clarifying.
Today, 12:46 AM

Feb 2009
Reply to Solacev
@-Crimson- I see, thank you for clarifying.
@Solacev No Problem!~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, 12:49 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to JustMaya
Depending on how it's said, "Ew, you're such a weeb" or "Oh my god, we're such weebs".
@JustMaya this what called modest obscenity in both way >_<
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Today, 12:53 AM

Jun 2016
I don't see how being obsessive over japanese cartoons can be a badge of honor and I say this as someone who has watched hundreds of them.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Today, 12:55 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to nirererin
@JustMaya this what called modest obscenity in both way >_<
@nirererin Never mind, it does sound offensive either way lol.

๐“๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ผ๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐“ช ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ
๐“๐”€๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“”๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ
๐“ค๐“ท๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท
Today, 1:19 AM

Jun 2016
I said in the other thread that I identify as a "Japanimation Connoisseur" or "JC" for short. I am not a weeb/weeaboo/wapanese/otaku/etc...
Today, 1:45 AM

Jan 2022
i think the whole 2015-2016 trend of hating on "weebs" is gone and in hindsight it was so cringe lol i dont think ive heard the word weeb in years. Plus even back then it means the extreme degenerates that consider themselves to be japanese because they watch a lot of anime and can understand some hiragana. No, believe it or not 90% of the people on this website don't fit the definition of weeb

it doesnt really mean anything anymore
Today, 2:03 AM

Feb 2024
I guess it can be a honorable title, unless it makes your real life worse. It's a matter of self-perception.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Today, 2:26 AM

Oct 2021
I'm barely using weeb as a term, but if I use it, it's not because I want to honor or insult someone. I'm just trying to make a fact.
7 hours ago

Sep 2016
Weeb is both an honor and an insult, everyone can interpret it in the way they like.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
7 hours ago

Mar 2023
Only anime fans can use that word. If you are a non-anime fan and uses the "W" word then you're just a bigot.
7 hours ago

Sep 2018
Weeb is a lot like being sub five. It is a status. Being insulted over a status is silly imo. I wear my weeb status with pride though.
7 hours ago

Oct 2013
It's definitely a term with negative connotation. It wouldn't be an overexaggeration to say it's a pejorative word.
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
7 hours ago

Jan 2009
semantic change is a thing so weeb will become an honor someday
6 hours ago

Jul 2013
I don't care if someone calls me a weeb or not...because I do not take anime that seriously.
6 hours ago

Aug 2017
Pretty sure its meant as an insult, but anyone who is actually offended by it, deserves to be mad for being that insecure.
5 hours ago

Feb 2020
not sure what it actually is but I definitely would take it as an insult
5 hours ago

Aug 2013
It's a braindead insult invented by people who don't know what it means to have hobbies and passions. And a nice filter word too. You can immediately know that you're dealing with an idiot if someone is using it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
3 hours ago

Jul 2017
I see it as simply a label to identify someone who likes and regularly consumes anime/manga. I think the original meaning has been lost over time.
3 hours ago

Feb 2009
Reply to KariNull
i think the whole 2015-2016 trend of hating on "weebs" is gone and in hindsight it was so cringe lol i dont think ive heard the word weeb in years. Plus even back then it means the extreme degenerates that consider themselves to be japanese because they watch a lot of anime and can understand some hiragana. No, believe it or not 90% of the people on this website don't fit the definition of weeb

it doesnt really mean anything anymore
@KariNull Spend a day on twitch and you will see that its completely the opposite.
2 hours ago

Sep 2007
Reply to Zarutaku
Weeb is both an honor and an insult, everyone can interpret it in the way they like.
Zarutaku said:

Same and agreed as along it doesn't ruin your life and being somewhat respectful about it.
2 hours ago

Jan 2022
-Crimson- said:
@KariNull Spend a day on twitch and you will see that its completely the opposite.

Nah they still use emotes mainly as a joke lol and it’s funny sometimes but the entire thing of calling people weebs is a dead trend that some people still cling on to
2 hours ago

Feb 2009
KariNull said:
-Crimson- said:

Nah they still use emotes mainly as a joke lol and it’s funny sometimes but the entire thing of calling people weebs is a dead trend that some people still cling on to

I'm on there right now, it's not a joke. People really love to use that word to hate.
2 hours ago

Jan 2022
-Crimson- said:
KariNull said:

I'm on there right now, it's not a joke. People really love to use that word to hate.

No lol sure there are still people holding on but we’re talking stragglers. It’s not a thing anymore. Even if it was just on all of twitch that doesn’t really mean anything lol it’s just twitch. But anyways even then, it’s a minuscule amount of people there, probably on some weird streamers chats
2 hours ago

Feb 2009
KariNull said:
-Crimson- said:

No lol sure there are still people holding on but we’re talking stragglers. It’s not a thing anymore. Even if it was just on all of twitch that doesn’t really mean anything lol it’s just twitch. But anyways even then, it’s a minuscule amount of people there, probably on some weird streamers chats

Well I hope you are right because it I can't deny, it really triggers me lol
30 minutes ago

Mar 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
I guess it can be a honorable title, unless it makes your real life worse. It's a matter of self-perception.

LoveYourSmile said:

The Ironic thing about the depiction of Rudeus when he was still alive in Japan is that this would be the typical stature of just about any average male in The United States between their late teens to early 40s. Out of shape, overweight, and poorly groomed. I could walk downtown where I live in the States right now and likely pass about 65%+ of all males who would match this exact depiction just wearing different clothing. Sadly the typical North American female isn't much different in this aspect either. Where 2 out of 3 females one could pass by just waking down the street downtown would also be just as out of shape, overweight, and poorly groomed too.

According to the CDC in the United States about 74% of adults between the age of 20 and older were overweight or obese in 2018 and this research was done before the pandemic happened....
ColourWheel23 minutes ago

More topics from this board

» Are you into demon girls?

Osamunau - 7 hours ago

11 by rohan121 »»
1 minute ago

» What do you think about nostalgia and how do you value it compared to new trends?

RobertBobert - 7 hours ago

4 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

» Fake Anime/Games Inside Another Anime

JaaShooUhh - 13 minutes ago

2 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago

» Which anime "feel the most Japanese" to you? (have the most Japanese cultural elements or pop culture)

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

11 by six20 »»
7 minutes ago

» Do we need more cooking scenes in anime?

SgtBateMan - 6 hours ago

13 by tchitchouan »»
8 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.