Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 2, 9:40 AM

Feb 2024
Would you still like it and would it be rated as high as it is now?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 9:50 AM
Oct 2020
i think yes
bcz it was the storytelling that mattered
Jul 2, 9:58 AM

Sep 2018
What character would they rewrite for it to be a isekai? If it was frieren I am not sure how it would be handled, but it would probably be widely loved either way. I would watch it.
Jul 2, 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
Who would have been isekai'ed when and where to?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 2, 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
Every single anime is an isekai.

Jul 2, 10:09 AM
Apr 2017
but isn’t frieren.. literally an isekai..?
Jul 2, 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
futarisaison said:

No. An isekai is when you get sent to or reborn into another world. As that does not happen in Frieren it is not an isekai.
Jul 2, 10:12 AM
Sep 2020
futarisaison said:

who got transported to another world?
Feb 2021
It wouldn’t make sense as an isekai.

Jul 2022
futarisaison said:

No, it isn't. "isekai" means "out of the world", this genre is about a character that was once in a world and was transported to another in any possible way. In Frieren's case, the world is fantasy, but no character from the story got transported to that world.

You should always know that isekai =/= high fantasy story
Jul 2, 10:13 AM
Oct 2023
tttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyy
MrUnchained219Jul 5, 6:16 AM
Jul 2, 10:14 AM
Oct 2023
Piromysl said:
Every single anime is an isekai.

Don't say it like that... lol
Jul 2, 10:14 AM
Apr 2017
Okay thanks for the replies, I thought an isekai anime was an anime that takes place in another fantasy world (like Frieren), didn’t know it had to be a character that actually is taken to that world from his original world.

Thanks !

And so I think it still would’ve been as popular ! :) But if Frieren had to be the main character that gets transported into that world then we’d have to somehow change the whole story line especially the fact that she’s a thousand years old. would be pretty hard to go through her thousand year old journey in just 28 episodes ๐Ÿ™ƒ
futarisaisonJul 2, 10:18 AM
Jul 2, 10:15 AM
Apr 2017
MKIkawa said:
futarisaison said:

No, it isn't. "isekai" means "out of the world", this genre is about a character that was once in a world and was transported to another in any possible way. In Frieren's case, the world is fantasy, but no character from the story got transported to that world.

You should always know that isekai =/= high fantasy story

you’re right !!
Jul 2, 10:18 AM

Jul 2022
futarisaison said:
Okay thanks for the replies, I thought an isekai anime was an anime that takes place in another fantasy world (like Frieren), didn’t know it had to be a character that actually is taken to that world from his original world.

Thanks !

Yeah, that's just called fantasy. I can see why you were mistaken though, so don't worry
Jul 2, 10:43 AM
Dec 2022
MrUnchained219 said:
In my opinion, Frieren is an Isekai... I mean hero parties, Demon Lords, magic spells, I mean elves and dwarves... what more do you need?

there's a difference between the Isekai tag & the Fantasy tag...

and you need brain to digest the definition of those two terms..
Jul 2, 10:52 AM

Jan 2021
MrUnchained219 said:
In my opinion, Frieren is an Isekai... I mean hero parties, Demon Lords, magic spells, I mean elves and dwarves... what more do you need?

Your "opinion" is factually wrong.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 2, 11:00 AM
Apr 2023
I actually made this comparison, Frieren’s setting and vibe reminds me of Mushoku Tensei but with likable characters and a fleshed out magic system. I think it would definitely still garner the same success.
Jul 2, 11:00 AM
Apr 2023
Cielord said:
MrUnchained219 said:

The guys brain is rot. No hope.
Jul 2, 11:11 AM
Jan 2024
I'm still lost on how the story would work. I guess it could work if Fern was isekaid and frieren would be dealing with that. If frieren was isekaid then I have no idea what that would even be, it would be a completely different thing
Jul 2, 11:11 AM
Jan 2022
MrUnchained219 said:

Biscuit Oliva skipped brain day.
Jul 2, 11:12 AM
Nov 2023
Only Fern would work as an issekai’d character, she is raised from small by Heiter but it wouldn’t be hard for him to have found her straight after she transferred from earth or even from another world entirely. What memories she came with and how they would change the overall story is debatable but tbh it’s perfect as is.
Jul 2, 11:39 AM
May 2022
JayTCU said:
Cielord said:

Seriously, wtf lol L take
Jul 2, 11:41 AM
Aug 2023
Depends on what kind of isekai. As long as it kept the same vibe and character dynamics of the original then I wouldn’t mind. At the same time I don’t think I can see any of the main cast as a character from a different world without drastically changing their motivations/backstory etc.
Jul 2, 12:08 PM
Jul 2023
futarisaison said:

Thanks !

And so I think it still would’ve been as popular ! :) But if Frieren had to be the main character that gets transported into that world then we’d have to somehow change the whole story line especially the fact that she’s a thousand years old. would be pretty hard to go through her thousand year old journey in just 28 episodes ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Yeah Isekai and Fantasy look pretty similar but it’s usually the plot the differentiates the two of them
Jul 2, 12:11 PM

Dec 2020
Maybe you think the japanese of reincarnation is isekai. But itz not. Isekai means different world. The japanese of reincarnation is "Tensei". For example Mushoku Tensei
Jul 2, 12:12 PM
Mar 2024
Plot twist: this is isekai

I know it isn't but imagine if the author was on something while drawing new chapters
Jul 2, 2:28 PM
Aug 2019
No, it’d be a bit further down, cause the premise would feel more cheap. Plus, I’m not sure how you could fit it in with a near immortal main character
Jul 2, 3:04 PM
Mar 2023
I bet himmel is a reincarnate
Jul 2, 5:20 PM
Mar 2023
if you say frieren is Isekai that's mean Naruto, Bleach, one piece, pokemon, etc is isekai too
Jul 2, 6:09 PM
Apr 2021
but Frieren can still be an isekai!
Jul 2, 6:43 PM

Apr 2020
Hamskuy said:
if you say frieren is Isekai that's mean Naruto, Bleach, one piece, pokemon, etc is isekai too

Tbf, Bleach is pretty much an Isekai
Jul 2, 7:46 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to JayTCU
Cielord said:
MrUnchained219 said:

@JayTCU

Say someone who don't even know what isekai is on a anime forum.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 2, 7:49 PM
Apr 2018
i think it would be. Honestly by the time most of these generic Isekai hit ep 11 or 12 I almost always forget it's an isekai, or how the MC got isekai'ed in the first place.
Jul 2, 8:00 PM
Dec 2023
It wouldnt make sense as an isekai, if it were about Himmel or Serie it would be a different story, in more than one way, so essentially there's no real way to turn it in to an isekai without completely changing the story and protagonist
Jul 2, 8:12 PM
Apr 2023
If Mushoku Tensei could get praise, I don't see why something much better, like Frieren, couldn't.
Jul 2, 8:18 PM
Jun 2022
Taking Frieren as the isekai'd character?
I would have no problem at all.
As long as her attitude towards time and mortality remained the same.
Jul 2, 10:04 PM
Sep 2021
if we're talking about most anime fans then yes they wouldn't like it as much they would do the " this is an isekai..... but it's an actual good Iskeai because the production values are actually good!! " argument that they did for the 7th prince anime ( which wasn't even an isekai lol )

tl;dr most fans have a dumb hate boner for Isekai
Jul 2, 11:37 PM
Nov 2022
futarisaison said:

In what way is it an isekai
Jul 2, 11:57 PM

Nov 2013
If it was an isekai, then its story would logically be different and would obviously affect how people feel about the anime aka rate it.

Id believe it would go harder on the video game parallels and would be cringey.
Jul 3, 12:03 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to DGemu
If it was an isekai, then its story would logically be different and would obviously affect how people feel about the anime aka rate it.

Id believe it would go harder on the video game parallels and would be cringey.
@DGemu Whether "Freiren" was an isekai or not wouldn’t have saved it from the quagmire of mediocrity it’s stuck in. It’s a 2/10 on a good day, and not even a genre change could rescue it from its inherent dullness. The storytelling is as engaging as a nap in a lecture hall, and the character development is as riveting as watching grass grow.

The idea that making it an isekai would somehow improve its reception is laughable. It would just add another layer of cringey, overdone video game parallels to an already boring narrative. The pacing is abysmal, the plot is uninspired, and the characters are flatter than a sheet of paper.

It's insane how such drivel manages to climb to #1 on the site, a testament to the low standards of the masses. But just wait until "Eternal Quest" releases. It will redefine excellence in manga and soar to #1 because it has everything "Freiren" lacks: rich, dynamic characters, a gripping and original plot, and the kind of depth that leaves you pondering long after you’ve turned the last page.

So, enjoy your overrated, flavorless "Freiren" while it lasts. When "Eternal Quest" hits the shelves, the bar for quality will be raised so high that your beloved drivel will be but a forgotten footnote in the annals of mediocrity. Your taste is as bland as unseasoned tofu, and your appreciation for true art is non-existent.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jul 3, 12:06 AM
Oct 2020
It's not an isenkai. all the parameters that are used to define isenkei works escape when compared to Frieren
Jul 3, 2:42 AM
Aug 2023
@BimJomp That's a lot of yapping just to say that you didn't like a show, Also saying that people who rated Frieren high don't have literacy/understanding is literally denial of the highest level๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 3, 2:43 AM
Aug 2023
MrUnchained219 said:

Pass on the crack that you've been smoking
Jul 3, 4:44 PM

Jan 2021
Of course, Frieren is already indistinguishable from a generic isekai anyways.
Jul 4, 4:12 AM
Aug 2022
JoeChip said:
Would you still like it and would it be rated as high as it is now?

No. If this super awesome well done great thing was another trash isekai I would not like it. lol
Jul 4, 12:19 PM
Dec 2021
How would that fit into the plot though? Frieren would need to have her entire character rewritten for that. The other side characters would need less of a change in them but still it just wouldn't fit.
Jul 4, 7:22 PM

Apr 2012
It would somewhat work if Stark was an isekaid character since he's the one who's always having over the top reactions like he doesn't belong.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 4, 8:11 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to MrUnchained219
tttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyy
@MrUnchained219 By your logic every fantasy anime is an Isekai ??? Lol
Jul 5, 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
I would probably like it a little less, because that fact would do nothing for the overall story.
Tbh a lot of isekai anime could just be normal fantasy anime and you wouldn't notice after the 1st episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» S2 has not been greenlit. IP is not promising. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Okeanix - Jul 27

178 by aurora_yuuki »»
9 hours ago

» Does this show get so good? ( 1 2 )

DiabloMask - Oct 1

55 by Elcal_voconcapa »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

245 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

331 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

256 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 7:42 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.