Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 3:21 PM
Feb 2015
lol I thought this was the last episode and halfway through was like they're gonna somehow wrap all this up?????????? but then checked to see there's 13 episodes ahahahahhaha
Jun 26, 1:24 PM
Apr 2023
Let me guess, Diamond Dust released a new song on the same day.
Jun 26, 1:25 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to BonBonToro
lol I thought this was the last episode and halfway through was like they're gonna somehow wrap all this up?????????? but then checked to see there's 13 episodes ahahahahhaha
@BonBonToro same thoughts lol, I was constantly checking the time because I thought it would be the last.
Jun 26, 1:26 PM
Apr 2023
For everyone thinking this is a bad episode, you probably think like that because of how strong episode 10 was. Just my thoughts. I think it's a great episode.
Jun 26, 9:38 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to saikyozero
Let me guess, Diamond Dust released a new song on the same day.
I'm betting the 103 views is a reference to back when Youtube views would get stuck at 301
Jun 27, 3:58 AM
Feb 2024
if only they had genius Chinese strategist as their ally😂
Jul 3, 9:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally they recorded and mixed their first single at the studio! It's true that it's too early but I would like to see the confrontation with Diamond Dust... sad ending though, the song flopped :(
Jul 4, 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
So they signed with Miura's agency and making their first song but a duel with DiaDust already felt abrupt but also makes sense given it's an one cour original show. Will they be able to defeat them or the result will be as predetermined? Only one way to find out. Also damn just 103 views?
Jul 11, 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Sucker Punch at the end! Still no Rupa developement! Also something about views.

Maybe I got overhyped but after ep8 I have been expecting more. 9, 10, (11) and now 12 have all been a bit eh. Not bad by any means but it was lacking the energy the show had earlier.
If the final doesnt blow me away the magic will be gone.

For the concert battle, DD obviously does them dirty, I wonder how Momokas old friends feel about it. But isnt the opportunity to piggyback of their popularity pretty good? Though maybe they already do so by virtue of using Momokas affiliation and this would show the world the new band isnt all that great?

And having half their followers so soon after starting is insane! The early part is where it takes the longest usually! Maybe I just have no sense for how much time has actually passed here.

Atleast they seem to have support from the agency now, though it does feel more like a label to me? Managing releases, pay etc. I thought a talent agency was more for managing acts and negotiations with labels.

I think Nina had too much character developement. She lost her edge after making up with school and family in ep10 and now the only character trait left is beeing weirdly fixated on her former favourite band. The band itself also just misses the drama from Nina and Momoka. I actually think her hate for DD is disrespectfull towards her own band because it implies only Momoka mattered even though they all performed the song she claims to love.
Comander-07Jul 11, 1:40 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 11, 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to Ishitateso
@stevejawbs If you think about it in Rupa's case there were already signs of that it could effect her work. I mean in the previous episode before their gig it was used as a comedic tool multiple times that she wanted to drink and one or sometimes all the other girls had to tell her not to do it before their performance. Momoka-san is more professional in this sense, she drinks only after work, be she does it regularly, we have already seen her passed-out at least two times, she orders alcohol almost every time they eat and one time we saw her arriving home with a six pack that she ment to drink alone. She is definitely well on the way to have a serious problem with it in the future, the anime just had to change its perspective on it to make us see it as not comedy but a source of serious drama.
@Ishitateso Since when does "member of a rock band" scream abstinence?

Not just is drinking pretty normal in japan, they are literally a rock band.

Rupa also handles her alcohol well. The only one who passed out multiple times and still continues is Momoka. Its not about the amount you drink.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 15, 2:42 PM
Aug 2019
Recording a group album already, Miuri san apparently such a nice agent
Jul 22, 6:10 PM
Mar 2019
Never expect too much too soon.
Jul 29, 8:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was thinking once they started recording with those professionals things might get a bit awkward but they were thankfully chill, that Nakata or whatever his name was chiming in at the end was cool. And looks like I was right to be sus of this episode’s title, so not only did their song drop and not get many listens, they’ve also got this band competition coming up which could turn out bad for them, it probably won’t but still lol.

Also I’m ngl, the decision to partake in the band competition seemed kinda odd, so they did a vote and decided not to do it, but then Nina decides for everyone later and that’s that, I don’t see why they needed to be against it at first if they were going to switch gears that fast lol. But the final episode should be an exciting one thanks to this, may the rock god be with them, and it’s not too late to become a jam band and melt faces, just extend the episode by an hour and it’ll work, trust me lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.