Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 7, 12:58 AM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@Seansy Stop calling Doga Kobo an "Oshi no Ko studio". This is not their first or only impressive hit. Also, as far as I can see, Yaku only wrote the script, while the creator of the show was another person.

@YuukiTheFlash It still amazes me how easily people can call something yuri/yuri bait after just one episode. But at least you don't look for it so much that you call the mere fact of "yuri vibes" proof of the show's quality, lol. It’s best to wait for at least the first three to draw such conclusions, not to mention the fact that the shows you’re comparing this to didn’t have any romance at all. I don't think I need to explain to you what yuri bait really is, considering you're a huge Hibike fan.
@RobertBobert Me describing the show in my final statement "All in all, I am looking forward to the remainder of this series, which I would currently describe as a yuri/yuri-bait coming-of-age drama, with a similar setup to Paripi Koumei and having Yorimoi themes/vibes." is separate from my opinion on the quality of the show. Furthermore, I am not simply basing the yuri/yuri bait comment on this one episode, but also opinions/reviews from secondary sources of the second episode as well. The early dynamic between Mahiru and Kano reminds me a lot of the early dynamic between Kumiko/Reina from Euphonium, as well as Takina/Chisato from Lycoris Recoil.
Apr 7, 1:04 AM
Feb 2022
I have never cried about an anime before. I don't know what it was, but I couldn't stop bawling the entire episode. I have no idea why.
Apr 7, 1:08 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to YuukiTheFlash
@RobertBobert Me describing the show in my final statement "All in all, I am looking forward to the remainder of this series, which I would currently describe as a yuri/yuri-bait coming-of-age drama, with a similar setup to Paripi Koumei and having Yorimoi themes/vibes." is separate from my opinion on the quality of the show. Furthermore, I am not simply basing the yuri/yuri bait comment on this one episode, but also opinions/reviews from secondary sources of the second episode as well. The early dynamic between Mahiru and Kano reminds me a lot of the early dynamic between Kumiko/Reina from Euphonium, as well as Takina/Chisato from Lycoris Recoil.
@YuukiTheFlash I don't think my words "but at least you don't" mean that's what you're doing. I literally commend you for not mixing tastes with judging the quality of a show, unlike other people.

I won't talk about how pointless it is to base your impression of a show on other people's impressions. Especially if these are some yuri resources or shipping-friendly sites like ANN. If we are talking about “early dynamics”, then Hibike and LR especially did not have yuri bait, not to mention yuri (though I won't deny that shows like this always have people who see yuri in almost every character interaction in general). Both ships became especially prominent among shippers towards the second half of the show, when the girls became noticeably close and their relationship really took on significance (for example, episode 8 in the case of Hibike). So, I don’t know how this will end in the end, but at the moment it looks more like wishful thinking from meaningful relationships between the girls than any objective content. At least until the first three episodes or even half of the show, all these "yuri/not yuri" conclusions and speculations are simply pointless.
RobertBobertApr 7, 1:14 AM
Apr 7, 1:44 AM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@YuukiTheFlash I don't think my words "but at least you don't" mean that's what you're doing. I literally commend you for not mixing tastes with judging the quality of a show, unlike other people.

I won't talk about how pointless it is to base your impression of a show on other people's impressions. Especially if these are some yuri resources or shipping-friendly sites like ANN. If we are talking about “early dynamics”, then Hibike and LR especially did not have yuri bait, not to mention yuri (though I won't deny that shows like this always have people who see yuri in almost every character interaction in general). Both ships became especially prominent among shippers towards the second half of the show, when the girls became noticeably close and their relationship really took on significance (for example, episode 8 in the case of Hibike). So, I don’t know how this will end in the end, but at the moment it looks more like wishful thinking from meaningful relationships between the girls than any objective content. At least until the first three episodes or even half of the show, all these "yuri/not yuri" conclusions and speculations are simply pointless.
@RobertBobert Agreed we will need to see more. Also I think in a lot of shows they make it very open to interpretation as that is perhaps the best way to market/sell that aspect of the show.
Apr 7, 1:59 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to YuukiTheFlash
@RobertBobert Agreed we will need to see more. Also I think in a lot of shows they make it very open to interpretation as that is perhaps the best way to market/sell that aspect of the show.
@YuukiTheFlash You're right. When it's not a case of G-Witch, where writers deliberately avoided tags and direct discussion in order to create intrigue and retain the old audience, things are often written to be platonic, but very melodramatic and idealized in order to keep the appeal as wide as possible without limiting the potential audience. This is a pretty good commercial approach and you can see it, regardless of the original intentions, from both the yuri-loving author of NOIR and the directly talking about platonic friendship writers of Princess Principal. The author of LWA even directly went on the boards before the broadcast to say that their anime will not be yuri, but they are completely ok with any shipping and fan content.

This is also facilitated by the fact that, unlike the Western audience, the Japanese loves shipping and entertainment from interpretations of, even possibly officially platonic things, more than battles for some “one and only accurate canon.” But again, it still depends on each case individually and we still need time to find out how things will be prepared this time. I'm wondering how much author of Tomozaki was involved in cooking the story besides the script, as I already see some similar themes or tropes in this one.
RobertBobertApr 7, 2:10 AM
Apr 7, 2:27 AM

Nov 2009
Wait,......Didn't what two MCs do to that idol girl pretty rude???

She simply set up her live steam in front of the art and didn't even do anything wrong. The poster will be removed afterward with no damage to the art anyway.

They could've just waited until she finished and talk it out.
Marina2Apr 7, 2:46 AM
Apr 7, 3:46 AM
Dec 2022
feels like a mixture of
call of the night
&
Lycoris recoil
Apr 7, 4:25 AM

Nov 2022
i really like the jellyfish concept, it works really well ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა i think the story has a good message and seems slightly relatable for now. i wasn't really sure what to expect but it seems promising ⋆˚✿˖° the animation is really smooth and the characters are cute too 𖹭 can't wait to be introduced to the rest of the characters and watch how mahiro and kano get along in future episodes as jelee ! ദ്ദി (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶)~✧

i really like their performance at the end 𖹭 i'm glad they came together and mahiro took down the poster of the random idol performing there ૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა ♡

(also happy to see a snippet of a jirai kei girl too waaaaaa ( ⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝) ⋅˚₊‧ ଳ ‧₊˚ ⋅
Apr 7, 4:39 AM

Sep 2018
Doga Kobo hitting out of the park visually, they've really taken their product to the next level in recent times. Might even be a bit too dynamic at times.

It's a nice premise that I can get behind, a coming of age show between a group of young girls who have or continue to struggle (not the only show this season that's doing a similar thing either), but man, the script is a little too intense for my liking. Difficult to truly and fully connect with a lot of what they're saying or what's going on. Maybe it's just my age and where I'm at in life.

One of those scenes, it reminded me of that terrible quote from American Beauty or the tattoo on the tennis player Borna Coric's arm, "there's nothing worse in life than being ordinary", cringed hard at those similarly undyingly pretentious words from this episode.

Oh, and in true Doga Kobo style, they've even put in some random fanservice to lighten the mood a bit lol
GakutoDeathGlareApr 7, 4:43 AM
Apr 7, 4:40 AM
Apr 2023
Rie Takahashi singing and MC in a Yuri anime with amazing art. need i say more?
Apr 7, 5:33 AM

Dec 2018
The love was in the air 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Little Idols lesbians flirting like crazy. Holding hands and saying gay things to each other and being so close🤩🤩🤩🤩

Great episode with strong Yuri vibes

This is a Doga Kobo after all. So who knows maybe later in, there will be some lesbian kissing,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

They are girlfriends 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈😍😍😍😍😍👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩👩‍❤️‍👩

Yuri-CrusaderApr 7, 5:43 AM
Apr 7, 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
It's okay I guess but I'm kinda bit annoyed with Mahiru
Apr 7, 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
Miku Itou! I love Miku Itou, it's always nice to hear her in a new show. I wish it was more often though.

Well, this was better than whatever I was expecting. I picked this one because the synopsis seemed interesting, there were cute girls in the visual and of course the cast, but I didn't really know what to expect. Kano and Mahiru have such great chemistry and are super fun to watch. The show also looks amazing, the visuals, animation and camera work... wow! I love this show already.

First the train one and now this one. Both originals have been my favorites so far.
Apr 7, 7:03 AM
Feb 2015
This is where the execution of the anime exceed the story, it surely surprised me with the social media involvement and meaningful conversation, high potential cgdct. I wish it making the attempt of sexualizing underage girl not that obvious though
Apr 7, 7:08 AM
Aug 2021
all i gotta say is the design on the nose bridge of all characters is really disturbing. during all close up face shots i see that thing on their noses and feel like my screen has a hair stuck on it and try to remove it...
Apr 7, 7:23 AM
Oct 2019
NezuSwallowtail_ said:
I watched this because I saw Miyu Tomita as Kiwi and kept watching because of the animation and coloring of this anime.

Also this is a collaboration between Doga Kobo, ufotable, SHAFT, cloverworks, even TRIGGER? I saw this in the credits scene if it's true then that's awesome.

Really looking forward to the next episode!

It's not a collaboration.
All anime call on other studios to advance their production.
We can see MAPPA on Spy × Family, CloverWorks on AOT, WIT on the latest Miyazaki, Tezuka on Pluto etc etc
Apr 7, 7:25 AM

Nov 2013
yeah, as expected from this, girls running in the night sounds like a fun anime, i like it :D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 7, 7:30 AM

May 2023
JaysonNnN said:
NezuSwallowtail_ said:
I watched this because I saw Miyu Tomita as Kiwi and kept watching because of the animation and coloring of this anime.

Also this is a collaboration between Doga Kobo, ufotable, SHAFT, cloverworks, even TRIGGER? I saw this in the credits scene if it's true then that's awesome.

Really looking forward to the next episode!

We can see MAPPA on Spy × Family, CloverWorks on AOT, WIT on the latest Miyazaki, Tezuka on Pluto etc etc

so that's how it is.. (sorry for my bad english)
Apr 7, 7:34 AM
Oct 2019
NezuSwallowtail_ said:
JaysonNnN said:

so that's how it is.. (sorry for my bad english)

No problem !
If you look closely at the credits for the next anime you watch, you will notice lots of studios!
Apr 7, 8:05 AM
Sep 2016
Holy sh*t! That's a great 1st EP! So, in a sense, this is the birth of a Supercell like multimedia group/band, huh? The performer (singer + music, like Supercell's Ryo), the animator + graphic designer, and what presumably going to be the arranger (I have no idea what the last member going to be. Maybe the musician?).
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 7, 9:07 AM
Apr 2021
Omg the wait was worth it I couldn’t wait for this since it got announced and Doga Kobo fucking delivered the animation quality was just through the roof especially with the camera movements and the art quality is so pretty I love all the colors that they did for Mahiru’s Jellyfish art that such eye candy to me man😩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😩🔥🔥🤩🔥🔥

A little fanservice here and there and tbh I’m here for it thank god we got fanservice in this anime I’m the minority that loves it😫

I CANT BELIEVE Takahashi Rie is one of the main female leads in this anime I knew off rip that that was her voice and I forgot that this woman can sing (she sang the ending song for Tomo-Chan when it was the all girls ending) she sounded amazing it felt like a music video a little to me I can’t wait to see what more we have in store for us🔥🔥🔥🔥

Original shows never fail to impress me and this show seems like a mix between CGDCT, Visual Art, Idols and Slice of Life which is a cool mix, can’t wait for the next episode currently I’m giving this a 9/10 based off how much I enjoyed this anime🥰
Apr 7, 9:14 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Seansy Stop calling Doga Kobo an "Oshi no Ko studio". This is not their first or only impressive hit. Also, as far as I can see, Yaku only wrote the script, while the creator of the show was another person.

@YuukiTheFlash It still amazes me how easily people can call something yuri/yuri bait after just one episode. But at least you don't look for it so much that you call the mere fact of "yuri vibes" proof of the show's quality, lol. It’s best to wait for at least the first three to draw such conclusions, not to mention the fact that the shows you’re comparing this to didn’t have any romance at all. I don't think I need to explain to you what yuri bait really is, considering you're a huge Hibike fan.
@RobertBobert I'm simply remarking on the quality of the last 2 series from Doga Kobo that I have watched. Studios can get better or worse over time and at least for the last 2 series from them I've been impressed with their continued quality thus far.

Since Yaku is also credited with series composition, my understanding is that series composition oversees the narrative arc of the entire series, including deciding on the general direction of the plot with the director and other parties. Everything is built out from the narrative established in the script: storyboards, voice acting, even directorial decisions. Since this is an original series that means Yaku likely had the greatest influence on the creative direction of the show in preproduction through production.

If I am misunderstanding the role of series composition and lead script writer please feel free to clarify.
Apr 7, 9:23 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Seansy
@RobertBobert I'm simply remarking on the quality of the last 2 series from Doga Kobo that I have watched. Studios can get better or worse over time and at least for the last 2 series from them I've been impressed with their continued quality thus far.

Since Yaku is also credited with series composition, my understanding is that series composition oversees the narrative arc of the entire series, including deciding on the general direction of the plot with the director and other parties. Everything is built out from the narrative established in the script: storyboards, voice acting, even directorial decisions. Since this is an original series that means Yaku likely had the greatest influence on the creative direction of the show in preproduction through production.

If I am misunderstanding the role of series composition and lead script writer please feel free to clarify.
@Seansy I understand perfectly what you want to say. It’s just that, as a long-time fan of the studio, I’m just sad that people first tried to call them the no-name studio that created the hit, and then began to connect their entire career with Oshi no Ko.

You are confusing composition with the work of the producer and director. This means that Yaku turned the original idea and storyboards into a script for the series. This is about composing the content of the episodes based on the script he wrote, and not the entire show as such. The creative direction had already been created for it by the creator of the franchise along with the director, who developed how it would look in animation. Therefore, you always need to distinguish between a person who simply writes a script and a person who wrote an original story.

Unless, in fact, a group of authors, among whom was Yaku, is hiding under the specified name. He could also influence the production of the show with his ideas and comments (including adding something while creating his LN adaptation), such as Ichiro Okuchi during the reworking of the original draft of the G-Witch script. But I have no information about this.
RobertBobertApr 7, 9:28 AM
Apr 7, 9:44 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Seansy I understand perfectly what you want to say. It’s just that, as a long-time fan of the studio, I’m just sad that people first tried to call them the no-name studio that created the hit, and then began to connect their entire career with Oshi no Ko.

You are confusing composition with the work of the producer and director. This means that Yaku turned the original idea and storyboards into a script for the series. This is about composing the content of the episodes based on the script he wrote, and not the entire show as such. The creative direction had already been created for it by the creator of the franchise along with the director, who developed how it would look in animation. Therefore, you always need to distinguish between a person who simply writes a script and a person who wrote an original story.

Unless, in fact, a group of authors, among whom was Yaku, is hiding under the specified name. He could also influence the production of the show with his ideas and comments (including adding something while creating his LN adaptation), such as Ichiro Okuchi during the reworking of the original draft of the G-Witch script. But I have no information about this.
@RobertBobert Ok. I just don't think JELEE is a real person for the creator and is likely just a front for other people, Yaku included. Also, storyboards usually come after a script, at least that is what Crunchyroll wrote in their article explaining how anime is made.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/deep-dives/2023/3/21/feature-learn-about-the-building-blocks-of-anime

I have no doubt that a producer or someone part of their team sold the idea of the premise of the show to the other staff they invited to work on this production, including Yaku. Unless JELEE is hiding some real person that created the idea behind the show the person that had the most creative input besides the director is likely Yaku. At least, that is my understanding of the nature of anime original shows compared to adaptations of other works.
Apr 7, 9:56 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Seansy
@RobertBobert Ok. I just don't think JELEE is a real person for the creator and is likely just a front for other people, Yaku included. Also, storyboards usually come after a script, at least that is what Crunchyroll wrote in their article explaining how anime is made.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/deep-dives/2023/3/21/feature-learn-about-the-building-blocks-of-anime

I have no doubt that a producer or someone part of their team sold the idea of the premise of the show to the other staff they invited to work on this production, including Yaku. Unless JELEE is hiding some real person that created the idea behind the show the person that had the most creative input besides the director is likely Yaku. At least, that is my understanding of the nature of anime original shows compared to adaptations of other works.
@Seansy Depends on what the idea for the show looked like at the original concept level. For example, did it include thoughts on how it should look and be animated or not.

Well, that's obvious. Making anime is a team effort and you can't do it alone, just ordering others around like soldiers. Well, at least unless you're the father of a multi-million dollar original franchise, lmao. And even in this case, the staff still works together as was the case with Princess Principal.

This may require more detailed research, but from the information I found, the main person in the production was the director, who made most of the decisions for the development of the project, and also invited other people to the crew. While Yaku is simply listed as a hired writer. Which most likely means that his job was directly to create the script based on the concept and ideas of the director and creator of the show, whoever they were. And also put it together into a cohesive story with good pacing and consistency. Which is somewhat reminiscent of the creation process of the already mentioned Licorice Recall, where the staff actually adapted the story invented by the creator after a series of joint discussions.

But again, we don't know all the details and Yaku may well have been quite proactive and creative during the writing of the script, I just don't have information about it.
Apr 7, 10:19 AM

May 2010
This anime oozes style and I can already tell i'm gonna love it
Cute art, nice music, lovely urban comfy vibes
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Apr 7, 11:52 AM
Dec 2022
I smell a hidden gem.
Apr 7, 12:47 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Seansy Depends on what the idea for the show looked like at the original concept level. For example, did it include thoughts on how it should look and be animated or not.

Well, that's obvious. Making anime is a team effort and you can't do it alone, just ordering others around like soldiers. Well, at least unless you're the father of a multi-million dollar original franchise, lmao. And even in this case, the staff still works together as was the case with Princess Principal.

This may require more detailed research, but from the information I found, the main person in the production was the director, who made most of the decisions for the development of the project, and also invited other people to the crew. While Yaku is simply listed as a hired writer. Which most likely means that his job was directly to create the script based on the concept and ideas of the director and creator of the show, whoever they were. And also put it together into a cohesive story with good pacing and consistency. Which is somewhat reminiscent of the creation process of the already mentioned Licorice Recall, where the staff actually adapted the story invented by the creator after a series of joint discussions.

But again, we don't know all the details and Yaku may well have been quite proactive and creative during the writing of the script, I just don't have information about it.
@RobertBobert Ok, I see your point.

I just think there is a massive difference in the amount of credit a writer gets for adapting someone else's work (much like the screenwriter for the play in Oshi No Ko), versus doing all/most of the writing for an original show (Yaku is currently the only writer credited on MAL but I wouldn't be surprised if others are missing to be credited for individual episodes).

Outside of the director, and maybe the sound director given the musical focus of this show, the person next most responsible for the success/failure of the quality of an original anime is generally the lead script/series composition writer. Agree or disagree?

Since I haven't watched any of the series the director has led, and only a couple of series from the sound designer, most of my expectations for this anime were based on Yaku doing the writing and the quality of the studio. Hence my comment on those specific attributes in my original post.
Apr 7, 12:59 PM
Nov 2022
It looks interesting, knowing Doga Kobo the production may be good so I'm going to give it a chance to see how the story develops, I liked the protagonists but the excess of strange camera shots caught my attention xd, (not is complaint).
Apr 7, 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Seansy
@RobertBobert Ok, I see your point.

I just think there is a massive difference in the amount of credit a writer gets for adapting someone else's work (much like the screenwriter for the play in Oshi No Ko), versus doing all/most of the writing for an original show (Yaku is currently the only writer credited on MAL but I wouldn't be surprised if others are missing to be credited for individual episodes).

Outside of the director, and maybe the sound director given the musical focus of this show, the person next most responsible for the success/failure of the quality of an original anime is generally the lead script/series composition writer. Agree or disagree?

Since I haven't watched any of the series the director has led, and only a couple of series from the sound designer, most of my expectations for this anime were based on Yaku doing the writing and the quality of the studio. Hence my comment on those specific attributes in my original post.
@Seansy There's a slightly different context here. Yaku neither adapted the work nor wrote the whole thing in this case. He wrote the script based on the showrunner's ideas and concepts. This is a completely normal practice, read about the works of Tomino or Watanabe, who are known for their original anime. For example, Cowboy Bebop was written and composed by Keiko Nobumoto, even though the showrunner was the aforementioned Watanabe.

Writing a script for an original anime is not the same as creating a story from scratch simply because it is not an adaptation of an existing work. It all depends on what material the writer had at the time of writing the script and how much creative influence he could have on it. What we don't know, because all we know right now is that the project is helmed by a director and that he hired Yaku to write the script. This is exactly what I want to say. We just don't know how involved he is. Perhaps some interviews or materials in the future can correct this, but at the moment I don't have any.

I think, if you want, then you can easily rely on Yaku’s writing, since as I said, we simply don’t know how involved he was in the process of creating the story and you can assume any level of responsibility. Moreover, the story already echoes a number of Fuuka's arc tropes in the first episode.
RobertBobertApr 7, 1:11 PM
Apr 7, 1:51 PM

Mar 2020
This was really cute. Strong Yorimoi vibes from this show so far
Apr 7, 2:16 PM
Jul 2016
I teared up a little. :,)
Apr 7, 3:29 PM
:3 enthusiast

Jun 2020
Fuck this anime is so good... i cried its just so beautiful i love it so muchhhh

Apr 7, 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
Got a beautiful animation.And that erotic part is super cute, I really liked it. (#^.^#)

Apr 7, 5:07 PM

Mar 2015
Crazy good first episode as they say

Main duo already has really good chemistry and interactions, the street performance was awesome, animation was great, really looking forward to the rest of this one.
Apr 7, 5:10 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Seansy There's a slightly different context here. Yaku neither adapted the work nor wrote the whole thing in this case. He wrote the script based on the showrunner's ideas and concepts. This is a completely normal practice, read about the works of Tomino or Watanabe, who are known for their original anime. For example, Cowboy Bebop was written and composed by Keiko Nobumoto, even though the showrunner was the aforementioned Watanabe.

Writing a script for an original anime is not the same as creating a story from scratch simply because it is not an adaptation of an existing work. It all depends on what material the writer had at the time of writing the script and how much creative influence he could have on it. What we don't know, because all we know right now is that the project is helmed by a director and that he hired Yaku to write the script. This is exactly what I want to say. We just don't know how involved he is. Perhaps some interviews or materials in the future can correct this, but at the moment I don't have any.

I think, if you want, then you can easily rely on Yaku’s writing, since as I said, we simply don’t know how involved he was in the process of creating the story and you can assume any level of responsibility. Moreover, the story already echoes a number of Fuuka's arc tropes in the first episode.
@RobertBobert I feel like this should of moved to DMs 5 posts ago we are so far off topic on the episode lol.

This show was the only 1 Gigguk gave a must watch rating to that didn't already have a ton of hype as a sequel, remake, or new popular shounen jump series. The main reasons he gave were related to the studio, writer, and director.

Since I'm not familiar with the director I echoed my high expectations based on my previous experiences from the studio and writer. That's it. The end.
Apr 7, 5:25 PM
Dec 2016
I am not going to lie, based off the MAL synopsis I wasn't expecting more than a twist on k-on or bocchi.
In some ways they scratch the same itch if you will, yet this felt at times deeper.
And that was a really nice change.
Apr 7, 5:49 PM
Jan 2024
one of the best of this season good start
Apr 7, 6:14 PM
Nov 2023
ShadowGG said:
Love hidives dogshit app where you can’t read the last 30 seconds because of the “next episode” thats not even out

I bet the fact that it puts writing everywhere when you pause a show makes you love it more, if you want screenshots you have to watch it on a pirate site even if you pay HIDIVE sub…
Apr 7, 6:31 PM
Nov 2023
On the subject of the show itself, WOW! What a masterpiece! I know it’s a first ep, could turn to s**t, but I believe in something this well written and produced. Anime of the season potential. Maybe I’m affected more since I was in Shibuya at night 2 weeks ago and the nostalgia is off the scale. But anyhow, the animation quality and character design blew me away. Perfect.
Apr 7, 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Seansy
@RobertBobert I feel like this should of moved to DMs 5 posts ago we are so far off topic on the episode lol.

This show was the only 1 Gigguk gave a must watch rating to that didn't already have a ton of hype as a sequel, remake, or new popular shounen jump series. The main reasons he gave were related to the studio, writer, and director.

Since I'm not familiar with the director I echoed my high expectations based on my previous experiences from the studio and writer. That's it. The end.
@Seansy Doga Kobo is a fairly famous or even cult studio, almost every show of which becomes a hit. Even if we imagine that his audience suddenly became too young and doesn't remember it, we still have Oshi no Ko. But yeah, we're already repeating ourselves, so if you're suggesting we just stick with the status quo, I agree. Although I don’t think that discussing the staff is offtopic in discussing the premiere episode.
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Mar 2021
Strong start. I try to remain open minded about any new anime, but this was definitely not on my radar. Really went hard on the animation; it really looked nice.
Apr 7, 11:09 PM
Nov 2020
They direction absolutely fried holy shit, was hyped from the trailers and this did not dissapoint
Apr 7, 11:35 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
they featured discord this is the future

Apr 8, 12:31 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert

I get this sentiment, even if it's not the intention at all, it seems Doga Kobo is only know for a recent show.

They keep animating great shows, to name some favs of mine, Myself; yourself, YuruYuri, Engaged to the Unidentified, Nozaki-kun, New Game!, Tada-kun, Selection Project.. really good stuff.

Btw this one is the 50th anniversary project of the studio, it's one of the oldest studios out there.

@GakutoDeathGlare

Oh, and in true Doga Kobo style, they've even put in some random fanservice to lighten the mood a bit lol

More than Doga Kobo, it's the director Xebec roots.

Apr 8, 12:47 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to TiagoCosta
@RobertBobert

I get this sentiment, even if it's not the intention at all, it seems Doga Kobo is only know for a recent show.

They keep animating great shows, to name some favs of mine, Myself; yourself, YuruYuri, Engaged to the Unidentified, Nozaki-kun, New Game!, Tada-kun, Selection Project.. really good stuff.

Btw this one is the 50th anniversary project of the studio, it's one of the oldest studios out there.

@GakutoDeathGlare

More than Doga Kobo, it's the director Xebec roots.

@TiagoCosta Probably these shows also managed to reach the rank of classics, since, as last year’s thread showed, some people even consider them no-name studio.
Apr 8, 3:32 AM

Feb 2020
Seems nice, episode direction was great. I will definitely be expecting a lot of Yuri ship art of them on Twitter. Looking forward to it lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 5:37 AM
Mar 2022
i just screamed the whole episode, Yoru x Kano omfg, they are canon i dont make the rules.
Apr 8, 10:11 AM
Aug 2022
Takahashi Rie as a former Idol (again)
with the same Doga Kobo studio
I’m in~

the 1st episode looks very good tho
Apr 8, 10:35 AM
Aug 2020
the first ep was interesting

i feel that we will have a lot of joice...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.