Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 8:51 AM

Dec 2021
Glea, the goat, finally defeats Ultimatia once and for all.

During the intense clash between Ragna and Kamui, both risking everything they have, their battle reaches its peak, driven by their amassed strength. Meanwhile, Ultimatia, having regained the power to manipulate time in a dire situation, attempts to reclaim all the lost members of her clan with her newfound abilities. However, her plans are swiftly halted by Glea, who immobilizes Ultimatia with a gunshot, forcing her back into her human form instead of her dragon form. As she begins to recount the past.

Aside from the 3 MINUTES REACP IN THE FINALE, THEY BROUGHT BACK THE FIRST OP. Hell yeah. That was hype; imo, this song is amazing. And the fight had some decent animation. What an epic battle. The blessing from the start to counter the ability to stop time was finally put to use. I like how, in contrast to Kamui building up his power through multiple ways, all Ragna has is that one single thing. It does feel right that an "absolute" power is something that just is, without anything extra.

And hell yeah, LIA'S ALIVE! In a coma, but ALIVE! I'm also surprised Shin survived. I thought he was a goner, and only three members of the Argentum Corps survived the battle (those in the same room as the princess). She's alive, and everyone gathering around Lia's bed made me tear up a bit. They can rest in peace. Wings gone, Princess alive, survivors recuperating and preparing for the next hunt. All in all, a good ending for this super arc, I suppose.

And that's the prologue for Ragna finished... now onto hunt the next bloodline. Onto the next battlefield.

This show has its ups and downs (cough all of cour 2 cough), but it somehow stuck the landing... still, though, I think this would have been better off as just one cour. But whatever, eh.

Mar 30, 9:14 AM

Feb 2021
How they played the first cour OP before the fight and not during it is kind of awkward lol
The fight ended fast... But I guess it fits them in this case lol
Damn, Ultimatia's death scene... I don't really feel bad for her, but... idk how to say it, but I loved it. These past couple episodes made me like her and Kamui much more.
NO NO WAY THEY ARE ALIVE
It's not all of them, but I'm so happy T_T
Really epic fight/war overall.

8/10
This was unexpectedly really good. I really liked all the lore about dragons and the fights. I just wish the animation was a bit better, but oh well.
I also recommend everyone to check out the manga, the art during fights is quite beautiful.
This episode ended on chapter 56 (end of volume 11), so you can read chapter 56.5 (bonus volume chapter), then continue from there. (I'm not a manga reader, I was just reading the manga along with the anime)
EmbientMar 30, 9:46 AM
Mar 30, 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
The final (recap) battle of Ragna vs. Woltekamui (plus Ulma Sound Junction's OP in the background, which is a great and epic song), it's an epic fight to the death.

Silverine vs. Lightning, only one can reign supreme, and Gilzea has already determined the latter's loss in terms of speed. Still though, Kamui shall not admit defeat until he's downed himself, which in a way, forces Ultimatia to regain her powers, for good or for worse. With her real self brought back to young Kamui pestering her for a wish, to save the people whom sshe cares about, the countless Carulas have not just been decimated, but the Church has been affected by the Lightning Beast, which the Sun God has desperately wanted to capture for the longest time.

To make matters worse, the Dragon God appearing as her syncopation, it doesn't make any of Ultimatia's sufferings go away, much less being burnt in the gazes of sunlight and hiding under the shadows of Kamui's blade. What a terrible victory, a bloody way to win against the Dragon Scourages as Crimson heals Ragna and lets him see Starlia, which she has recovered entirely, thanks to Olto Zora who created chemicals, not poison.

Onto the next bloodline, as this is the end of the Winged Bloodline arc and the anime as well.

This show has been quite the mixed bag with a perfect 1st Cour and a seriously dragged 2nd Cour. Eh, it's decent as a whole I guess...
Mar 30, 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
With so many great anime end this month, I probably already said "I need a sequel" a dozen time. But after watching Ragna Crimson's last episode, I'll say it once again, "I need a sequel".

This is the anime that will fail a "3-episode rule" but luckily I'm not stupid enough to believe that rule because many anime that have weak starting can have strong ending, Ragna Crimson is one of them.

Now for this episode, I don't sympathize with Ultimatia. However, I'm resonated with Kamui and his devotion to save Ultimatia even after he died, his sword still provide a small safe zone to her, extending her life, but only a few second more.

Starlia survive, not sure who provide the biggest help but seems like Crimson also help her even if a little bit, I think this is very important because... that would make Ragna trust Crimson even more. Ragna and Crimson have a relationship based on a mutual benefit, but they can be so much more that would even make a romantic relationship (which I wish for) seems shallow.

I don't read the manga but I can already predict that this whole 24 episodes anime is just a small part of a much bigger universe. If lucky, I can see it until the very end in the anime form, but as of now I'll just be happy with any sequel announcement.
Mar 30, 9:49 AM
Jul 2023
Despite its many flaws, the animation, the half baked worldbuilding, and character underdevelopment especially. The many emotional moments presented in genuine and heartfelt manner captured the heart, on a personal level at least.
Mar 30, 10:02 AM
Mar 2023
It's a shame the anime didn't have a big investment! It would be wonderful if that were the case.
Mar 30, 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Could have done with out the 15 minute monologue from Ultimatia but whatever.
They didn't touch on Chimara and their whereabouts either so we dont know if they're alive or dead

Ending was good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 30, 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Kamui and Ultimatia finally defeated. Good to see Starlia still alive, looking forward to when she'll wake up. What about Chimera though?

Decent action anime, somewhat decent story too. Had both it's generic and interesting bits. Certainly wouldn't mind another season.
Mar 30, 10:11 AM

May 2023
it was a fun show with some good battles. now waiting for a second season
Mar 30, 10:19 AM
Feb 2020
The ED is flipped by showing the dragons side first and Starlia ended up smiling now instead of Ultimatia.

Definitely times animation felt underwhelming,but its passable with how many other things happening at the same time and how much of them are still solid.I'd even say this is best production from SILVER LINK in a while especially considering its 2 cour consecutive.

Wasn't expecting it to became one show im excited to watch every week,but suprisingly quite some depth on the lore and characters.Its an easy
-8/10
Mar 30, 10:24 AM
Dec 2015
didnt they ended all dragons? wtf
they killed all the bloodline
what is left?
or ther are more monarch
seems pointless
exept we didnt see leon yet

i am fine with spoilers
not seing this gets season 2
Mar 30, 10:35 AM

Dec 2010
The anime ended up being about as average as I expected of Silver Link, they pretty much fumbled every big fight, with the exception of maybe the first Ultimatia beatdown. I still enjoyed it though since I'm a big fan of the manga, so I'll give it a relatively high score.
Mar 30, 10:42 AM
Mar 2020
Nice ending, hoping that second season will happen sooner or lter.
Mar 30, 10:54 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to kun_kirito
didnt they ended all dragons? wtf
they killed all the bloodline
what is left?
or ther are more monarch
seems pointless
exept we didnt see leon yet

i am fine with spoilers
not seing this gets season 2
@kun_kirito There are 6 bloodlines, this was already explained at the end of episode 2.

And yeah, each bloodline has a Dragon Monarch in it, 1 bloodline is down, and there are 5 more bloodlines to go, the manga is going strong and it doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon.

BTW, the anime removed the Leo chapters, read the manga.
Mar 30, 10:54 AM

Feb 2019
RAAAAH. PERFECT finale. Got everything I wanted and more from this. Poor animation aside, thjs was amazing. Season 2 me now please πŸ™πŸΎ. One of my fave 2023/24 anime.

RIP Kamui, talked the biggest game just to get packed up lol. Ragna’s new light speed attack was dope, if only the animation could’ve been not even good, just decent for this fight it would’ve been so much better. Even then, still had some hype moments.

Almost felt a little bad for Kamui and Ultimatia there at the end. When Kamui launched his sword there at the end, I thought he meant killing Ragna would be how he protected Ultimatia from death, but making a literal shade for her to be protected from the sun in was actually powerful. In the end, he did fulfil his promise and paid her back for saving him. Such an interesting romantic dynamic with the two of them. With her bloodline gone, I wonder what the future will hold for Ultimatia.

STARLIA SURVIVED LETS GOOOO 😭 I knew they couldn’t kill off my baby like that. I’ll settle for the Rem treatment. Long as she’s safe and sound, I know she’ll come to one day and make that sword for Ragna. The scene with all the dead Argentum corps looking over Starlia was so sweet man. There’s just two left that can actually fight, when you think back on how happy and rowdy everyone was like 8 episodes ago it feels awful. But they didn’t die in vain. Like Ragna said, no use feeling regret, would be disrespectful for those who sacrificed so much for victory.

1 bloodline down, 5 more to go. I love long ass adventure stories like this. If this is just the first bloodline, I can’t imagine who else is out there and how strong they’ll be, and then of course the dragon God himself. Still haven’t seen Leo again either! Will be moving onto the manga no doubt.
Marinate1016Mar 30, 11:32 AM
Mar 30, 10:56 AM
Nov 2020
Decent episode. I enjoyed Ultimatia and Kamui storyline. The fight animation was a little eh but the ost was fire. I have mixed feelings about this one but I would definitely watch another season.
Mar 30, 11:00 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to xZabuzax
@kun_kirito There are 6 bloodlines, this was already explained at the end of episode 2.

And yeah, each bloodline has a Dragon Monarch in it, 1 bloodline is down, and there are 5 more bloodlines to go, the manga is going strong and it doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon.

BTW, the anime removed the Leo chapters, read the manga.
@xZabuzax
i dont like manga so i cant
sound weird
the power lvl tehy show this episode seem like end serius power

they had power to kill this death god
and you are telling e its just the start? kamui is a weak charcter?
tnx anyway man
Mar 30, 11:05 AM
Dec 2023
AMAZING ANIME WOO
Mar 30, 11:08 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to kun_kirito
@xZabuzax
i dont like manga so i cant
sound weird
the power lvl tehy show this episode seem like end serius power

they had power to kill this death god
and you are telling e its just the start? kamui is a weak charcter?
tnx anyway man
@kun_kirito This is only the beginning but Kamui isn't weak, he's actually one of the strongest characters in the show and the mangaka plans to keep it that way, according to the mangaka, Ragna and Kamui are Tier 1 characters, Gilzea is Tier 0 so she's the strongest character in the franchise.

The only reason Ragna was able to stand a chance against Kamui is thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, that sword made Ragna stronger by 120% and even gave him healing properties, he was able to reattach his head thanks to the sword, without that sword, Ragna wouldn't stand a chance.
Mar 30, 11:11 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to xZabuzax
@kun_kirito This is only the beginning but Kamui isn't weak, he's actually one of the strongest characters in the show and the mangaka plans to keep it that way, according to the mangaka, Ragna and Kamui are Tier 1 characters, Gilzea is Tier 0 so she's the strongest character in the franchise.

The only reason Ragna was able to stand a chance against Kamui is thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, that sword made Ragna stronger by 120% and even gave him healing properties, he was able to reattach his head thanks to the sword, without that sword, Ragna wouldn't stand a chance.
@xZabuzax
tnx
but it sound pointless if his first real foe is the strongest/one of the strongest
i think tehy should end this here and that it
ended well good ending point

you know sometimes more is not better only worse
Mar 30, 11:14 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to kun_kirito
@xZabuzax
tnx
but it sound pointless if his first real foe is the strongest/one of the strongest
i think tehy should end this here and that it
ended well good ending point

you know sometimes more is not better only worse
@kun_kirito Yeah I understand what you mean, but trust me, the manga is really good.
Mar 30, 11:32 AM
May 2021
Loved this anime 10/10, pure battle, no trash talk between fights awesome. I am glad Starlia is alive! Will read the manga next!
Mar 30, 11:50 AM
Feb 2018
can someone explain to me why glea can move on the ulti's time stop ?
did i miss smething lel?

Mar 30, 12:40 PM
Jul 2017
The mid is finally over.
Mar 30, 12:42 PM
May 2023
Alright, First thing this is seriously next-level. The story- it hooks you in like no other, mixing drama, action, and mystery in a way that's just, wow. And the animation was flawless, man. Each episode's like a wild ride, hitting you with all the feels. This was totally unexpected. I hope we will 2nd season for this, So exited to watch LOL
Mar 30, 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
9/10, death to all dragons
Mar 30, 1:10 PM

Apr 2020
Wish the animation was better because it was overall very good.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 30, 2:19 PM

Feb 2020
Score-7*(C+). Pretty good anime and a fun story with one of the best side characterers... I love everyone on this last arc doing all they can just to stop the dragon and give Ragna a time for the big boss. So good to see her still alive, I Mean we need to see to make that amazing sword again/more powerful cuz thats the only reason Ragna win that battle. I had a fun Time with this anime and OP2>OP1 ED2>ED1.
Mar 30, 2:39 PM

May 2016
At least there was a good ending with the b*tch dead and lia alive.
Mar 30, 3:02 PM
Oct 2017
loved it, it was great
Mar 30, 3:06 PM

Aug 2019
The short-haired Lia looks very fresh, I like that. The final battle looks less memorable to me, especially Ultimatia's death which feels fleeting. Maybe it's because it explains her past too much that makes her death not satisfying, nor does it make me sad. I didn't see Chimera at the end, which explains why she didn't survive, I guess. It's a shame I couldn't see Leo again at the end of the episode, because she's the reason I started watching this anime. This anime starts off very interesting even though the reason for their war looks quite ridiculous and then ends with an ending that is less memorable for me, I guess because I have already lost the hype for this anime.
Mar 30, 3:25 PM

Mar 2020
I have mixed feelings about this anime but overall I enjoyed watching it, there were fun and emotional moments. Ultimatia's past was not something I expected but I really love that, it adds more depth to her character. I'm not gonna feel bad for her, but I don't hate her as much as before. It's good to see that Tia is still alive, what a shame when only 4 people survive in their group T^T I hope Ragna and Tia can meet again.

I'm just a little confused with Kamui and Ultimatia's relationship though, I think Ultimatia likes Kamui(in a romantic way?), but I don't know about Kamui, he does seem to care about Ultimatia but I feel like he cares about his own enjoyment of fighting strong character more... so I don't know. but I love their relationship, Kamui's word is a motivation for Ultimatia, and she still waiting for him to fulfill his "repayment/promise" to free her from god is such a nice detail. I don't know why I was invested in their relationship more than the actual main character, lol.
Mar 30, 3:43 PM
Aug 2020
I was really surprised by this one.

It was better than what I expected.

They did a great job.

7,5/10
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 30, 4:30 PM
Sep 2021
very good. let just hope for a season 2.
Mar 30, 4:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh look at that little change for the ed theme. No more Tia, just a remmified Tia xd.

Idk about you, but i am pretty much glad they decide to save Lia after all shits happening toward herself and her corps. Its weirdly bs but still glad. They did a well fought against the Winged Monarch after all. Also its hurt to see Hazella crying like that so at once Crimson doing great for giving a hands to rescue the corps survivor and hides them in a saved place...

About Tia and her past, kinda questioned hard about those blazed being. Perhaps that's a Sun God, and perhaps its then died because of the Dragon God decided to lend a hand to create Tia an Ultimatia and Kamui became a Kamui. So at the end, the Carula church clone priest actually moved beyond themselves? Detail still unknown as expected of why and how, i can't even begin to confirm it at all. But at the very least, just, read, the source...

Overall, i unexpectedly enjoy the ride. Definitely not the best shounen series ever i found, but its indeed a pretty much shounen series. Its have their enjoyment, I'd say. A good one.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 30, 6:22 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I've been wondering if Leonica from the beginning of the story has been completely forgotten for the rest of this series? Wasn't Leonica the reason why Ragna originally wanted to become stronger in the first place to kill the dragons?

Action-packed series, I gotta say. I don't really have problems with the battle animations. I think they were good that's why this series has been so crazy. Damn, that Gilzea is too OP and has broken abilities. Are Ragna & Crimson's group going to hunt Gilzea next?

It's unfortunate that there are only a few survivors remaining from the corps. Even one of the cute twins is gone. Still bummed that Leonica has been completely forgotten for the rest of the season. I would have rated this anime 8/10 but I'll finalize my score to 7/10.
Mar 30, 6:28 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to liong_son
did i miss smething lel?

My guess is cuz she was sucking on Crimson's blood from the arm she had.
Mar 30, 6:30 PM
Jan 2012
What manga chapter did the anime stop on?
Mar 30, 6:50 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to LunyRem
I've been wondering if Leonica from the beginning of the story has been completely forgotten for the rest of this series? Wasn't Leonica the reason why Ragna originally wanted to become stronger in the first place to kill the dragons?

Action-packed series, I gotta say. I don't really have problems with the battle animations. I think they were good that's why this series has been so crazy. Damn, that Gilzea is too OP and has broken abilities. Are Ragna & Crimson's group going to hunt Gilzea next?

It's unfortunate that there are only a few survivors remaining from the corps. Even one of the cute twins is gone. Still bummed that Leonica has been completely forgotten for the rest of the season. I would have rated this anime 8/10 but I'll finalize my score to 7/10.
@LunyRem Leonica wasn't forgotten, the anime simply removed her chapters, through the story, we have some Leonica chapters here and there, and once this arc is over we have another Leonica chapter.
Mar 30, 6:51 PM

Sep 2021
A really good finale and a perfect end for the season. Kamui is gone for good and I'm also happy Ultimatia survived. Though she'll probably be unable to do anything anytime soon, she is such an interesting character I'd love to see (or read) more about.
Talking about great characters, it's a pity Crimson didn't get much screentime today. But I wonder if it was him who saved the remaining corps and brought them to the hospital.
Otherwise, Glea was really cool. And what's with Chimera & Snake? Did they die or are they already on their next job=

In the end, Ragna Crimson was a good show. Even if it was sometimes too much of a "Battle Shonen", it had an amazing Anti-Hero, a great Anti-Villain and a cute Slime that always kept me going. Crimson and Ultimatia really show off those character types perfectly. They manage to give the show an identity and really got me into it.

Onto the plot: In the Fall Season, it was one of the least memorable of my 26 shows I was watching. The first cour was decent, but all there really was, was Crimson. And towards the end Ultimatia. The first time the show really stood out as "something better" was Crimson's mental attack on Ultimatia.
By the time I watched this, the season had already shifted into Winter. And while I do have a Top 3 that dominated that season aswell, Ragna Crimson also managed to be a show I looked forward to every week. Not only due to the weaker competition, but also because it got really good! The Argentum Corps were all well-written and the battle against Olto Zora & Taratectora was executed very well. The final battle in the capital too, although not quite to the same extend.

Overall, Season 1 was a 7/10. But I'll move on to the manga soon and I wouldn't be suprsed if this work grows onto me even more.
Mar 30, 6:52 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to jvict
What manga chapter did the anime stop on?
@jvict The anime stops at chapter 56 but my advice is to read the manga from the beginning, it's more complete and has awesome art and paneling, the anime removed things from the manga and the animation was simply not that good.
Mar 30, 7:35 PM

Jan 2021
Im so glad I decided to watch this Ragna is sick definitely will be waiting for s2
Mar 30, 7:39 PM
Mar 2014
Reply to liong_son
did i miss smething lel?

before final battle carula give them blessing to move in time stop for a while
sucking crimson arm regenerate her so she can move again
Mar 30, 9:09 PM
Sep 2021
Ultimatia & her dragons were wiped out completely, now it's time to head towards the remaining dragon bloodlines. The fight has just begun.
Mar 30, 9:14 PM
Jan 2022
this is one of those animes that is average but had so much potential
Mar 30, 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
So much dead in the end. So many bodies.

This show is such an extreme mixed bag I dont know what to think of it. Originally I was watching for Leo then she got pushed aside then I was watching for Crimson and Ultamatia but Crimson's attitude also kind of got on my nerves sometimes. Some of the fights were great and others full of stupid asspull seemingly endless power ups while they should be dead. I felt very entertained sometimes and bored others. The humour in this was god aweful on majority of the joke attempts too. Does a good job at telling a sad subplots in it though. And holy shit those stupid faces Ragna makes and he is literally the most annoying MC I've ever seen and I have to wonder if that was intentional seeing how Crimson also knows he's an idiot.
Mar 30, 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
One of the endings of all time. Give like half the episode to Ultimatia (best girl) and then just pivot to... Nothing? Ragna needs to show Crimson his pimp hand.
Mar 30, 9:35 PM
Nov 2016

Some people might be confused about this because they will see Kamui transformed into a dragon and getting captured by the Solarians but Ultimatia wasn't even a Dragon Monarch at that moment which means there's no way for Kamui to be a dragon at this point, however, I must remind you that Kamui was not a dragon there, that's simply his normal transformation, he transforms like that as a human, and even as a human, he had insane regeneration abilities, and even survived a decapitation by Gilzea, you heard that right, when Kamui attacked Gilzea he was still a human and survived that encounter without a head, Kamui was that special.
Mar 30, 9:52 PM
Apr 2015
Solid 8/10, i really wish for a sequel but dreaming is free LOL
Mar 30, 9:58 PM
May 2021
xZabuzax said:

Some people might be confused about this because they will see Kamui transformed into a dragon and getting captured by the Solarians but Ultimatia wasn't even a Dragon Monarch at that moment which means there's no way for Kamui to be a dragon at this point, however, I must remind you that Kamui was not a dragon there, that's simply his normal transformation, he transforms like that as a human, and even as a human, he had insane regeneration abilities, and even survived a decapitation by Gilzea, you heard that right, when Kamui attacked Gilzea he was still a human and survived that encounter without a head, Kamui was that special.

Wait what πŸ’€. Dam, Thanks for the explanation as I was also confused lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 10

77 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.