Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 12, 5:58 PM
Jan 2024
Gallardo00 said:
Itsuomi x Oushi > Itsuomi x Yuki

itsuomi x Yuki>>>>>>
Mar 12, 7:25 PM

Jul 2016
Oushi got tamed by MC in such a way. Ouch...
That aside, I still think Oushi is far more interesting as a character than perfect Itsuomi-kun will ever be. Though it's a shame episode tried so hard to make Oushi act as childish as possible just to have MC as the only mature adult in the room.
Mar 12, 8:02 PM

Aug 2011
"You're important to me; so I want to treat you right."

Best line
Mar 12, 10:08 PM
Jul 2020
I think how Oushi's maturity level is portrayed is appropriate for his age. Clearly he has a lot to learn but most people do at 20. Some of his words and behaviour in the episode should be viewed through the lens that this was the first time he's ever drank as well. It would be more accurate to say that Itsuomi is exceptionally worldly for his age than that Oushi is particularly immature. And even then its not like everything Itsuomi does is mature. He has a very naive view of his first love and the way he deals with Emma's unwanted advances isn't exactly the best for example. More so than their different maturity levels I feel the purpose of Oushi's character in relation to Itsuomi is to show the difference between being able to speak to someone and being able to communicate with them. Oushi's put all this effort into perfecting his sign language but neglected taking the all important step of bravely putting himself out there and directly expressing himself and directly asking questions. Not only does Itsuomi knows Yuki better than Oushi does in spite of knowing her only a short time but he also knows Oushi better than Yuki does while having even more limited interactions with him. The difference in vulnerability is what sets their communication skills apart. By putting his heart out there Itsuomi builds trust and builds relationships while Oushi is too afraid to start. Its not that one's love is more real than the other or that one is more worthy of love than the other or that one doesn't have Yuki's prosperity as their top priority. Its a matter of communication and that's just as vital for all of one's relationships romantic or not.
Mar 13, 1:44 PM

Nov 2013
Glad they toned down the drama. It would've been too painful to watch. Feels bad for the bro but Yuki's in love now. She won't be changing partners out of pity.
Mar 13, 2:08 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Jimgus
I think how Oushi's maturity level is portrayed is appropriate for his age. Clearly he has a lot to learn but most people do at 20. Some of his words and behaviour in the episode should be viewed through the lens that this was the first time he's ever drank as well. It would be more accurate to say that Itsuomi is exceptionally worldly for his age than that Oushi is particularly immature. And even then its not like everything Itsuomi does is mature. He has a very naive view of his first love and the way he deals with Emma's unwanted advances isn't exactly the best for example. More so than their different maturity levels I feel the purpose of Oushi's character in relation to Itsuomi is to show the difference between being able to speak to someone and being able to communicate with them. Oushi's put all this effort into perfecting his sign language but neglected taking the all important step of bravely putting himself out there and directly expressing himself and directly asking questions. Not only does Itsuomi knows Yuki better than Oushi does in spite of knowing her only a short time but he also knows Oushi better than Yuki does while having even more limited interactions with him. The difference in vulnerability is what sets their communication skills apart. By putting his heart out there Itsuomi builds trust and builds relationships while Oushi is too afraid to start. Its not that one's love is more real than the other or that one is more worthy of love than the other or that one doesn't have Yuki's prosperity as their top priority. Its a matter of communication and that's just as vital for all of one's relationships romantic or not.
@Jimgus, yes, but I still support Oushi!
Mar 13, 6:56 PM

Oct 2022
Imagine loving someone for all those years and never telling them until it's too late that has gotta suck(ik he hasn't told her yet). Anyways Oushi is out here teaching everyone important life lessons take notes people.

Mar 13, 8:13 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah the love triangle is real 😅 everyone is loving on someone they can’t have. It’s so hard to watch especially when you like all the characters so much. Such a great anime. Hard to believe that the season is almost over
Mar 13, 11:52 PM
Dec 2021
This eps inspired me to learn more language
Mar 14, 12:58 AM

Oct 2022
Loved this episode. Itsuomi is such an insightful person that even people that dislike him can't dislike him lol

Mar 14, 3:58 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
this shit is so cute bruh my heart is so warm
Mar 14, 3:59 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Oushi deffs grown on me a little bit. Itsu is such a good dude man. Such a mature role model wow

Most us would’ve been hostile i’m sure
Mar 14, 4:33 PM

Dec 2022
This was a really well done episode. Itsuomi's very mature, I generally wouldn't expect this attitude towards dating from someone who's just 22. As much as I dislike Oushi's attitude, it's more what I would expect from someone his age. It's nice to see him growing and them becoming friends.
Mar 14, 8:59 PM

Jul 2022
oushi is the better LI imo.. he deserves so much better it makes me so sad that he’s treated so poorly both in the anime and in the fan base. he deserves to be yuki’s endgame UGHH
Mar 15, 1:11 PM
Jan 2024
hagukoko said:
oushi is the better LI imo.. he deserves so much better it makes me so sad that he’s treated so poorly both in the anime and in the fan base. he deserves to be yuki’s endgame UGHH

Because you're oushi too, right? 🤣🤣
Mar 16, 2:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Haha what a gentle of Itsu still manage to holding himself up from hs after seeing virgin Yuuki still tense af when they both together that close. I mean, ofc its not that hard but still trying to slow down for however its goes. Its actually good for them, i guess.

Alright back to Oushi. Dude really is the big of tsundere. Can't stop laughing when he's trying to show off to Yuuki only to then mock her by signing she's a fool and bleh kekw. Oh man i can see him getting along that quick with Itsu. But to think he's also saying he's not gonna surrender that fast. Alright dude you so unpredictable, i feel like this is gonna start spicy with that review as well. Even then, i might needs to swap out a little, to another side pair to shows their little space time....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 16, 10:47 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to cableguyjay
Imagine loving someone for all those years and never telling them until it's too late that has gotta suck(ik he hasn't told her yet). Anyways Oushi is out here teaching everyone important life lessons take notes people.
@cableguyjay, no, he is a good guy!
Mar 17, 1:04 AM

Jul 2021
It's kind of refreshing how level-headed and well-intentioned Itsuomi is towards Oushi. He "destroyed him with facts and logic", literally, but with the goal of understanding and befriending him.

My opinion on Oushi is somewhat improved, but only because Itsuomi really "saved face" for him by giving him a chance to talk about himself.
Mar 17, 3:32 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to perseii
It's kind of refreshing how level-headed and well-intentioned Itsuomi is towards Oushi. He "destroyed him with facts and logic", literally, but with the goal of understanding and befriending him.

My opinion on Oushi is somewhat improved, but only because Itsuomi really "saved face" for him by giving him a chance to talk about himself.
@perseii, very sad that Oushi struggles with his emotions and intentions toward Yuuki.
Mar 17, 8:45 AM
Sep 2021
Nice to see Oushi get his focus & it was nice to explore his character & his past.
Mar 18, 5:43 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to AnimeSrk
Nice to see Oushi get his focus & it was nice to explore his character & his past.
@AnimeSrk, indeed! He is a good guy!
Mar 19, 9:56 AM
Feb 2015
Itsuomi really honest and straight to the business guy, Oushi can you beat him? probably not. hope thye can be friend instead Oushi is not bad guy, he only likes her and the sign language. he need to be honest a bit though.
Mar 19, 11:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Oushi´s feelings were revelad!!!
kekeke
Mar 19, 2:54 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to R1saenami
hagukoko said:

Because you're oushi too, right? 🤣🤣
@R1saenami sadly not but hes my wifey idc i love him and thats my take lmao
Mar 20, 5:33 AM

Jan 2017
I know there are a lot of people hating on Oushi's character saying that he should just give up, or it was already too late for him, and that he shouldn't bother Yuki anymore blah blah stuff but I kinda understood his methods. Him and Yuki grew up together and in a world of their own over those years, even if you won't call that "love" for that matter, but it's hard for such thing to get shattered only because one of them was already in a relationship. Also, there are a lot of ways a person can show his affection and that's how Oushi showed his; sure he wasn't upfront about his feelings but who cares, he cares about Yuki so much that he studied sign language to protect "their" world. I don't like people judging and putting a name to Oushi's affection at all, like a know-it-all, but in this anime where speech and hearing is supposed to be taken into account, I do believe Oushi became too absorbed in their world that it made him disregard "words" rather focus on actions/signs substantially making him a mute to Yuki and a deaf to their surroundings. That is his way of affection. It's just that Yuki met Itsuomi and he's showed him a bigger world than Oushi could offer. But still that doesn't make Oushi a bad guy nor make his affection invalid.
P.S. Shin and Emma should just get together for real. They're the only couple I'm most excited about in this anime...cause they're the only ones that are not yet dating I guess? lol. Everyone's been lovey dovey (oh will Oushi find a girl too? Hopefully)
sakurasyinksMar 20, 10:59 AM
Mar 22, 4:15 AM
Nov 2019
Unique! The ending made me cry.
Mar 23, 7:39 AM

Oct 2017
Oushi missed his chance, felt bad but it's just life. In Itsuomi's own words, Oushi is a guy you just can't hate. Good luck my man.
Mar 23, 11:43 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Rumbata22
Unique! The ending made me cry.
@Rumbata22, me too. It was so sad for Oushi.
Mar 24, 12:31 PM

Mar 2008
That was sweet how Itsuomi talked to Yuuki

Was nice seeing Itsuomi and Oushi semi get along. I guess seeing more of Oushi's past it makes more sense why heis the way he is. He couldnt sign so he could only make rude gestures as an excuse to not know how toreply to what Yuuki-chan replied with. Her being his first love interest he doesnt know what he is doing especially knowing her for so long. Still you would think he would have had his feelings get a bit more matured years ago.
Mar 25, 6:50 PM
Mar 2019
And so it's confirmed...the childhood friend loses. Though for him it's only 'for now'. This is what happens when you're not upfront with your emotions. On the other hand, if he were upfront we wouldn't have this beautiful anime.
Mar 29, 5:49 PM

Oct 2023
"I'd fall for Yuki and choose her every time" THEY'RE SO CUTE I CAN'T
Mar 30, 4:42 AM

Jan 2021
Damn it. Why tf does it have to be a love triangle with a childhood friend. I prefer Oushi's ship more but its obvious it wont sail. Damn it.
The fireworks scene was beautiful. The visuals and Osts made it look like a movie scene.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 30, 5:35 PM
Nov 2021
I am so so happy that the guy best friend and the boyfriend had a common ground and had a good understanding. I kinda wished that on ep 9 that the sleeping in the same room was more lovelove.
Mar 31, 2:28 PM

May 2020
This main dude is the epitome of maturity. Sorry childhood friend but, since you act like a normal person, there's nothing you can do here. Blame the gods they didn't make you perfect.

Now he still might not be likeable, but I'd rate him above this main dude any day.
Apr 1, 3:38 AM

Dec 2023
it was a very touching episode for me because it made me realize things in real life
elitekawaii on discord
Apr 10, 6:43 AM
Feb 2023
no pueden hacer sufrir a oushi asi me cago en lpmqlpat AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA osea le daria un 5 y un 1 porque me revolvio todos los sentimientos pero la pase re mal T-T en parte siento que me identifico con oushi, en la forma que oculta y banaliza sus sentimientos, y en la forma que dejo pasar literalmente al amor de su vida, porque estoy SEGURA de que si le hubiera dicho a yuki lo que sentia hubieran tenido un amor hermoso..y encima nisiquiera puedo enojarme con itsuomi porq es buena gente ;_____;
Apr 15, 7:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad to see Oushi's backstory when he first met Yuki and started learning the language for her... well things were difficult with Itsuomi obviously but it got better in the end, even though Oushi still doesn't want to lose
Apr 16, 4:09 AM

Jun 2019
Ahh yea, if you don't take action, you won't shape your future. It's the simplest rule of life, yet many people fail to realize it.
lettuce<3
Jun 15, 6:57 AM
Oct 2017
I don't want to avoid Itsuomi San forever either, I just don't want him to hurt her...
Aug 15, 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
I'm definitely weird for preferring Oushi, right. Right??
Sep 11, 6:33 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
Loved that Itsuomi is so respectful and friendly with oushi despite oushi's bad personality, I understand the character a little better, but he's still a jerk and bully to yuki
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oushi hate ( 1 2 )

Raggy-_- - Mar 20

77 by Winola_22 »»
Sep 25, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

109 by palainre »»
Sep 19, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

130 by Ittan_Momen »»
Sep 15, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Phloup - Dec 31, 2023

343 by Rige1 »»
Sep 13, 8:44 AM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

19 by ANormalUser »»
Sep 11, 4:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.