Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think it's wrong to love someone of the same sex?
Yes
19.6%
No
80.4%
525 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2009 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
if I thought it was wrong, it'd make banging my boyfriend REALLY awquard.
Dec 17, 2009 6:11 PM

May 2008
Related picture:

Basically covers all of the bases.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 17, 2009 6:33 PM

Sep 2007
ukonkivi said:
Related picture:

Basically covers all of the bases.

I lol'd. That is definitely a great summary of this ridiculous debate.
Dec 17, 2009 6:34 PM

Aug 2007
Monad said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sasu-neko said:
I don't have anything against it at all. It's their life and I won't stick my nose into their business. Well, as long as they don't do any harm to other people - like picking on straight people or making out in the middle of the street. Doesn't matter if you're straight or homosexual, I don't support those who go all lovey-dovey in front of others in public.

Making out in public never hurts anybody.

The phrase "Get a room" has a very good reason for existing.

Doesn't mean it actually hurts them.
Dec 17, 2009 7:15 PM

Apr 2009
To me, homosexuality is like cutting your own balls: if you want to, go ahead and do it, just don't expect me to cheer you on.
No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
Dec 17, 2009 7:56 PM

Mar 2009
To me, the entire debate is ridiculous. When viewed objectively, all forms of sexual contact are disgusting animalistic behaviors done for a quick high, much like any other drug. Debating which methods of fornication are better than others seems like debating about the proper direction to wipe your ass after you shit--yes, one way is less messy, but in the end it's still disgusting and acting superior because you wipe away from your ball-sack just means that you think too much about shit and balls.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Dec 17, 2009 8:47 PM

Dec 2009
rTz said:
To me, the entire debate is ridiculous. When viewed objectively, all forms of sexual contact are disgusting animalistic behaviors done for a quick high, much like any other drug. Debating which methods of fornication are better than others seems like debating about the proper direction to wipe your ass after you shit--yes, one way is less messy, but in the end it's still disgusting and acting superior because you wipe away from your ball-sack just means that you think too much about shit and balls.

Haha, well put.
Dec 17, 2009 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
I'm a christian. but my personal philosophy is LOVE thy neighbor. I don't think it's right or "CHRISTIAN" to judge or condemn anyone just because of their sexual orientation. It's sick that there's much bigotry out there...that a lot of it is coming from "CHRISTIANS". It disgusts me and shames me. I want to apologize for the way people of my religion have totally misrepresented what christianity is all about.

Dec 18, 2009 12:22 AM

Dec 2009
im always surprised when people have to debate this...its like hating someone for liking a different soda than you...its really that simple...im not gay but ive had alot of friends that are i mean come on i lived in san francisco for some time and while stereotypes are bad sometimes they have some truth behind them lol...its sooo ridiculous there are much better things we could be putting our minds to
Loading Image...
Dec 18, 2009 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
It's perfectly fine with me.

I think that people who worry about anothers sexuality is weird.

I mean come on, how ridiculous can a phobia get when you find out a friend is gay, and you don't want to be friends with them anymore.

I'm TECHNICALLY Christian, but don't follow the faith closely. At all. I don't see why christians worry about homosexuals. I mean if God sees everyone equally, and loves all equally.. Then it shouldn't be a problem, he created these homosexual and bisexual people. So it really SHOULDN'T be a problem.

People just hate something 'different.'
Nothing exists, but empty spaces... And you, you are but a thought. - Mark Twain
Dec 18, 2009 9:51 AM

Aug 2007
Pinktiarapanda said:
I'm a christian. but my personal philosophy is LOVE thy neighbor. I don't think it's right or "CHRISTIAN" to judge or condemn anyone just because of their sexual orientation. It's sick that there's much bigotry out there...that a lot of it is coming from "CHRISTIANS". It disgusts me and shames me. I want to apologize for the way people of my religion have totally misrepresented what christianity is all about.

A Christian who supports gays? Are you also pro-choice?
Dec 18, 2009 9:54 AM

Feb 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Pinktiarapanda said:

A Christian who supports gays? Are you also pro-choice?
This is the 21st century, some of them have evolved reason.
Dec 18, 2009 9:59 AM

May 2008
A lot of people who are Christians are not a part of the Christian Right. And many children cannot let go of the religion of their parents.
Sometimes they don't actually believe, but are just respecting the religion of their parents.

Dec 18, 2009 11:41 AM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Chavez said:
Only if the girls are hot.

A-Men xD
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Dec 18, 2009 11:10 PM

Jul 2008
I'm gay, so I don't think it is wrong or disgust myself. I only disgust myself when I'm sweating, but then everyone disgusts me when their sweaty. Maybe also after I've eaten too many onions, which I'm sure seemed like a good idea at the time. An hour later or so I start to have major doubts.

And It is nice when girls are hot, yes. I'd say it's nice when people are hot in general, regardless of orientation, and even more so when engaging in public displays of affection. If we wanted to see hairy beasts going at it, we would have gone to the zoo.
Dec 18, 2009 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
I completely support the idea.

As has been mentioned, if they start to bring harm to the world, then I may have a problem.
Dec 19, 2009 4:26 AM

Jul 2009
I love gays/biseuals because it pisses off so manyr eligious people haha.

But on a serious note, if it makes them happy, then why the Hell do people have opinions against them? Your opinions dont mean shit, people dont get put in jail just because of their sexuality any more live with it (exept for paedos)
Man Created God in his Own Image : Intolerant, Sexist, Homophobic and Violent

A Theory That Explains Everything Explains Nothing
Dec 19, 2009 11:51 AM

Mar 2009
Shizuru said:
If we wanted to see hairy beasts going at it, we would have gone to the zoo.

Bear > Twink :p
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Dec 19, 2009 12:03 PM

Aug 2008
/facepalm /thread
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Dec 19, 2009 11:09 PM

Apr 2009
JonnyAkster said:
I love gays/biseuals because it pisses off so manyr eligious people haha.

But on a serious note, if it makes them happy, then why the Hell do people have opinions against them? Your opinions dont mean shit, people dont get put in jail just because of their sexuality any more live with it (exept for paedos)

As well as those who practice incest, but debating the validity of *that* was a whole 'nother flamewar on this very forum. The parallels between both threads, however, are fairly interesting.
No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
Dec 20, 2009 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
I'm a Christain and i dont agree with same sex relationships, but even tho i dont agree with it, it will not stop me from have a friendship with the person. One thing my mother and others in the church always say is to hate the sin but love the person.
Dec 20, 2009 5:27 AM

Sep 2008
I'm fine with the church hating gays and what not, they hate everyone anyways, but I don't understand how the state can say no to same sex marriage? You know we kinda have this thing called the constitution that says it's totally cool.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 20, 2009 9:28 AM

Sep 2009
Jakxon said:
I'm a Christain and i dont agree with same sex relationships, but even tho i dont agree with it, it will not stop me from have a friendship with the person. One thing my mother and others in the church always say is to hate the sin but love the person.

I really don't think that loving others can be considered a sin.
And who listens to what the bible says? It seems to approve of incest (forgive me if I'm wrong, but if I remember rightly it doesn't explain how Adam and Eve managed to create a whole world of people with just two sons). And that really is wrong, as it fucks up genetic makeups.
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Dec 20, 2009 3:38 PM

May 2008
Incest ain't so bad. If I remember correctly it seems to agree with raping women on a number of occasions.

Dec 20, 2009 4:30 PM

Sep 2009
Incest isn't too bad as long as there aren't babies involved. Then it's just cruel.
And I only read like, 30 pages of the bible before I was bored stupid, but yeah, that sounds accurate.

(✿◠‿◠)
Dec 20, 2009 5:09 PM

Dec 2008
I don't care if they do, but I don't 100% approve it. Watching man make out and acting the "other way around" it's gross and it repugnates me. I won't do anything, they can do as they please.

Girls+Girls are not that bad though.

Bis are not bad either, I respect that. I wouldn't mind having a relationship with a bi-girl.
Dec 20, 2009 5:32 PM

Aug 2007
vault2049 said:
I don't care if they do, but I don't 100% approve it. Watching man make out and acting the "other way around" it's gross and it repugnates me. I won't do anything, they can do as they please.

Girls+Girls are not that bad though.

Bis are not bad either, I respect that. I wouldn't mind having a relationship with a bi-girl.

You're a hypocrite then. You either like both or hate both. Not one or the other.
Dec 20, 2009 6:15 PM

May 2008
Many people are easily most tolerant of what fanservices their gender.
A lot of guys are like YEAH MAN LESBIANS SO HOT and then BUT NO MAN BROMANCE IS JUST WRONG AND UN-MANLY, GET THAT NASTY HOMO SHIT OFF.
Or, you know, "oh hey I don't understand this male fixation with lesbians, also I don't watch x show because it's just bishoujo crap catering to guys. You know we girls can hug and stuff and it not mean anything without being sexual us girls aren't like that. Yaoi on the other hand that's just hot".

It's funny.
Notably, the liking one but disliking the other tends to be a lot more common among guys it seems. You know, because they need to uphold their patriarchal masculinity and stuff.

Dec 20, 2009 6:33 PM

Dec 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
You're a hypocrite then. You either like both or hate both. Not one or the other.
Probably. I just can't picture it with mans. If that's being a hipocrate then I'm a hipocrate.
ukonkivi said:
Many people are easily most tolerant of what fanservices their gender
Point taken.

ukonkivi said:
A lot of guys are like YEAH MAN LESBIANS SO HOT and then BUT NO MAN BROMANCE IS JUST WRONG AND UN-MANLY, GET THAT NASTY HOMO SHIT OFF.
Or, you know, "oh hey I don't understand this male fixation with lesbians, also I don't watch x show because it's just bishoujo crap catering to guys. You know we girls can hug and stuff and it not mean anything without being sexual us girls aren't like that. Yaoi on the other hand that's just hot".
I don't have a fixation with lesbians lol. I said "are not that bad". I don't watch yuri or shoujo-ai, because I'm not fond of it either. Obviously I don't watch shounen-ai or yaoi either.

I've got friends from Mexico and Argentina and they kiss you when they greet you, I have nothing agaist that, I'm talking about deeper stuff. Forgive if I expressed myself wrong.

ukonkivi said:
It's funny.
Notably, the liking one but disliking the other tends to be a lot more common among guys it seems. You know, because they need to uphold their patriarchal masculinity and stuff.
It's just the way some of us are, yep, all human being has it's flaws. Of course it can be funny in your eyes, but for me it's just the way I am.
Dec 21, 2009 4:05 AM

May 2008
I have nothing against it, and I already have a couple of friends who aren't straight.

I do admit that I'd feel awkward to see them make-out or anything infront of me.
Dec 21, 2009 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
EternalSnowXx said:
Jakxon said:

And who listens to what the bible says? It seems to approve of incest (forgive me if I'm wrong, but if I remember rightly it doesn't explain how Adam and Eve managed to create a whole world of people with just two sons). And that really is wrong, as it fucks up genetic makeups.

hmm it a bit hard to explain....... Adam and Eve where created perfect humans as we where ment to be, without genetic defects. but after the fall man become seperated from God and as time progressed we have become less and less perfect in a physical
sence, the proof is in the fact that things like allergies to everyday food items are becoming more and more commom. anyway the reason that children of close family member have defects is because the likelihood of both perants being a carrier of the same defective gene is very high since they come from the same gene pool themselves. where as the likelihood of this happening with two unrelated people is fairly low. Now because Adam and Eve where genetically perfect such defects did dont occur in there grandchildren.
Now at that time it was not a sin, it wasn't until Moses recieved the ten commandment from God that it became a sin. If you wish to know more pleas go here http://creation.com
but like i said before I have no problem with the people them selves i just dont agree with 'it' just like you prolly dont agree with everything your friends do, I treat them with that same respect I would any1 else.
Dec 21, 2009 8:45 AM

Feb 2009
I don't have any problems with it.

Dec 21, 2009 10:40 AM

Aug 2007
Jakxon said:
EternalSnowXx said:
Jakxon said:

hmm it a bit hard to explain....... Adam and Eve where created perfect humans as we where ment to be, without genetic defects. but after the fall man become seperated from God and as time progressed we have become less and less perfect in a physical
sence, the proof is in the fact that things like allergies to everyday food items are becoming more and more commom. anyway the reason that children of close family member have defects is because the likelihood of both perants being a carrier of the same defective gene is very high since they come from the same gene pool themselves. where as the likelihood of this happening with two unrelated people is fairly low. Now because Adam and Eve where genetically perfect such defects did dont occur in there grandchildren.
Now at that time it was not a sin, it wasn't until Moses recieved the ten commandment from God that it became a sin. If you wish to know more pleas go here [url=http://creation.com]http://creation.com
but like i said before I have no problem with the people them selves i just dont agree with 'it' just like you prolly dont agree with everything your friends do, I treat them with that same respect I would any1 else.

How could two fictional people be perfect humans?
Dec 21, 2009 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
How could two fictional people be perfect humans?

Meh ur welcome to believe wateva u like, as am I.
besides this has gone way off topic
and I dont like to be patronized
Dec 21, 2009 12:18 PM

Apr 2009
Do you people really have twenty five pages worth of stuff to write about one guy boning another?
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Dec 21, 2009 1:00 PM
Jul 2009
When people bring about the whole issue of homosexuality, somehow they're always talking about sexual relationships.

However, love does not equal sex.

(Oh, and to the posts above, Adam and Eve could have been a metaphor. There's no proof regarding whether they're real, or fictional. I'm a religious Catholic myself, but I'm not against homosexuality.)
Dec 21, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2007
Faeverily said:
When people bring about the whole issue of homosexuality, somehow they're always talking about sexual relationships.

(Oh, and to the posts above, Adam and Eve could have been a metaphor. There's no proof regarding whether they're real, or fictional. I'm a religious Catholic myself, but I'm not against homosexuality.)

Since the bible is bullshit that means they are fictional.
Dec 21, 2009 2:45 PM

Apr 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Faeverily said:

Source?
Dec 21, 2009 2:51 PM

Sep 2009
CDRW said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Faeverily said:

Source?

evolution

(✿◠‿◠)
Dec 21, 2009 2:54 PM

Apr 2009
EternalSnowXx said:
CDRW said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Faeverily said:

Did Evolution publish that in a peer-reviewed journal? What university did he graduate from?

Source?

evolution
Dec 21, 2009 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
CDRW said:
EternalSnowXx said:
CDRW said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Faeverily said:

Did Evolution publish that in a peer-reviewed journal? What university did he graduate from?

Source?

evolution
You fail. CDRW just completely pwnd Drunk Samurai and you bring up Darwin. Darwin even said he could be proved wrong. You fail in the highest of proportions.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Dec 21, 2009 9:03 PM

May 2007
Asako said:
I'm indifferent as a whole. People can do as they wish; it's their life.
My anime list
Dec 21, 2009 9:05 PM

Nov 2007
EternalSnowXx said:
Jakxon said:

The Bible speaks many times against a homosexual relationship:

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

God created men to be with women and vice versa. Men and women were created to have a relationship with each other and to take care of each other, as well as balance each other out. That's difficult to do in a homosexual relationship since men and women have different roles and abilities. God blessed marriage between man and woman and told them to be fruitful and multiply, which is a bit hard to do if you're with someone of your own gender.

Also, the Bible doesn't promote incest, it's actually against it.

"None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness. Leviticus 18:6

Considering God made Eve for Adam, it's likely that he created spouses for Adam or Eve's children. God is considered all powerful, so it wouldn't be over his power to create more humans. Either that, or their children could marry distant relatives, which would be permissible, especially if there was not much choice due to a lack of humans readily available.

Also, just because YOU don't follow the Bible doesn't mean others don't.
federDec 21, 2009 9:14 PM
Dec 21, 2009 9:21 PM

May 2008
Lulz whatever happened to "though shalt not kill"?
Scriptures are so full of contradictions one has to make one interpretation or another.
You can't follow the Bible without being personally interpretive because the Bible is always giving you several different messages.

And some of that stuff should just be seen as a wallbanger and left out by any sensible Christian. I mean, kill the men, the nonvirgin women, and rape the lolis? Make statements like that nowadays and it will get pretty much 99.9% of Western society to hate you who hears it.

Dec 21, 2009 11:01 PM

Aug 2007
xTEHWAFFLESx said:
CDRW said:
EternalSnowXx said:
CDRW said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Faeverily said:

Source?

evolution
You fail. CDRW just completely pwnd Drunk Samurai and you bring up Darwin. Darwin even said he could be proved wrong. You fail in the highest of proportions.

I got pwned because somebody believes the bible is real?
Dec 21, 2009 11:01 PM

Aug 2007
feder said:
EternalSnowXx said:
Jakxon said:

The Bible speaks many times against a homosexual relationship:

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

God created men to be with women and vice versa. Men and women were created to have a relationship with each other and to take care of each other, as well as balance each other out. That's difficult to do in a homosexual relationship since men and women have different roles and abilities. God blessed marriage between man and woman and told them to be fruitful and multiply, which is a bit hard to do if you're with someone of your own gender.

Also, the Bible doesn't promote incest, it's actually against it.

"None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness. Leviticus 18:6

Considering God made Eve for Adam, it's likely that he created spouses for Adam or Eve's children. God is considered all powerful, so it wouldn't be over his power to create more humans. Either that, or their children could marry distant relatives, which would be permissible, especially if there was not much choice due to a lack of humans readily available.

Also, just because YOU don't follow the Bible doesn't mean others don't.

If people think homosexuality is wrong because of the bible then they are nothing but brainwashed fools.
Dec 22, 2009 1:15 AM

Dec 2007
feder said:

Haha, what a pile of bullshit. In case you haven't noticed, PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT. Setting roles based on gender is ridiculous and will soon be completely absent.
Jan 16, 2010 12:05 PM

Nov 2009
For all I care there's nothing wrong with homo-/bi-sexuals, I think everyone's free in their choices, and I wouldnt hate or avoid people just because they're homo- or bi-sexual.
Jan 16, 2010 12:07 PM

Oct 2009
well, four of my best friends are gay, and i live with 2 of them. so no, i dont have a problem with it :3
Jan 16, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
i dont like gays
but its not about religion i just dont like
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.