Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2023 12:53 PM
Sep 2021
absolute dogshit, is her brain made out skittles jesus imagine all the stds that bitch has , and the guy is annoying af why did i bother watching this instant drop
Oct 6, 2023 1:05 PM

Aug 2017
This was sweet to watch, both main leads are cute and curious to see where the relationship is going and exploring more of the gyaru past. Speaking of gyarus, I'm always in for them, read some manga and ln with htem which I would like to see adapted.
Oct 6, 2023 1:08 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Marinate1016
Waifu of the year candidate is here! Runa is so cute and I hate that she’s been mistreated by so many people in the past. Really broke my heart to see her think her only value is her body.

I know the start came off as very awkward and frankly cringe, but give this one some time. I think people will grow to love and appreciate Ryuto and Runa’s relationship. There’s more to it than meets the eye.

It was a slower paced, but fun episode for me. The challenge is going to be walking us through Runa and Ryuto’s developing relationship. Showing us how their differences actually bring them closer. It’s always cool seeing how opposites can attract.

Plus Gyaru supremacy.

Let’s let ENGI cook on this one. The art is gorgeous.
@Marinate1016
This season best waifu/girl is Frieren vs Maomao. Frieren already has over 4,000 favorites. Maomao has over 1,000 (before first episode).
Sousou no Frieren has high score and is popular.
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto will have high score and will be popular.
Keikuzuni score is and will be low.
I don't think your favorite "expierienced girl" is popular/best girl/waifu material. I don't thinks she will be most popular girl in her owne anime (Maria will be more popular).
Oct 6, 2023 1:16 PM

Feb 2019
Zienger said:
@Marinate1016
This season best waifu/girl is Frieren vs Maomao. Frieren already has over 4,000 favorites. Maomao has over 1,000 (before first episode).
I don't think your favorite "expierienced girl" is popular/best girl/waifu material. I don't thinks she will be most popular girl in her owne anime (Maria will be more popular).

Who the hell cares about favourites and stats when talking about anime 💀 you sound like a box score watched in sports.

And considering you calling her a “slut” and other incel-esque comments you not really someone whose opinion I’d read too much into
Oct 6, 2023 1:18 PM

Mar 2021
feel this is kind of a well written show when it comes to romance topics. It is probably not going to get a lot of attention without the well animated ecchi of dress up darling
Oct 6, 2023 1:24 PM
Nov 2016
wtf did i just watch
Oct 6, 2023 1:32 PM

Jan 2021
Mc was like

idk
cringe?
but i feel like this is a "My first gf is a gal" but a lil better cuz is more about a really relationship WITH A BITCH

Oct 6, 2023 1:35 PM
Sep 2018
man, im a ducking virgin, this type of anime is insane
Oct 6, 2023 1:41 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Marinate1016
Zienger said:
@Marinate1016

Who the hell cares about favourites and stats when talking about anime 💀 you sound like a box score watched in sports.

And considering you calling her a “slut” and other incel-esque comments you not really someone whose opinion I’d read too much into
@Marinate1016
Girl of the season/year is all about numbers, about popularity. What are you even talking about. Doesn't mean you have to like popular characters and dislike upopular one.
By oxford dictionary slut is: word used to refer to a woman who has sex with a lot of men. Well, Runa fit that category. It's fact not an opinion. Author make her like that. Blame him not me.
Yeah yeah incel, yeah yeah your opinion doesn't matter. Sure.
Oct 6, 2023 1:50 PM

Feb 2019
Zienger said:
@Marinate1016
Girl of the season/year is all about numbers, about popularity. What are you even talking about. Doesn't mean you have to like popular characters and dislike upopular one.
By oxford dictionary slut is: word used to refer to a woman who has sex with a lot of men. Well, Runa fit that category. It's fact not an opinion. Author make her like that. Blame him not me.
Yeah yeah incel, yeah yeah your opinion doesn't matter. Sure.

Girl of the season is about waifu quality and preference, has nothing to do with numbers. That’s all it is.
Oct 6, 2023 2:00 PM
Jul 2017
Can't this just be a story of NTR instead of a romcom? She's done slept with the whole damn school and caught gonorrhea from one of them.
Oct 6, 2023 2:03 PM
Mar 2014
The anime story itself is nice, but the Boy character pisses me of to no end.
The guy need to grow some balls and be more confident on himself.
The girl also annoys me, she is obvious experience and not an airhead,
yet she playing the perfect girlfriend card, and that is just too easy,
as the boy figured it out already that's most likely the reason why she keeps getting dumped.

Yet in reality you'll not find these kind of girl that slut themselves out so easily, well they do exist, but they wouldn't be innocent like the girl in this anime, they'll have a completely different behaviour, with Tatoos and drugs and all the unsavoury ex-boyfriends.

Know those kind of people in real life, even if they offered to do it, you wouldn't want to knowing how many they had before, and who knows if they got some STD or what not 😅

So, yeah, thanks but not thanks, but definitely not like the boy character.

hmm... anyway, will check out a few more episodes to see how things develop, if MC continues to be a sissy, this show is going down the drain.
Oct 6, 2023 2:34 PM

Aug 2011
Mc represents some people in this situation quite accurately, but everything escalated very quickly, and there wasn't even a kiss.
Oct 6, 2023 2:37 PM
Jul 2023
@Zienger
Well just because of being abused or because she doesn't know any better, it's kind of rough to say slut. I haven't read the manga or ln but I am 110% sure that everything will be explained and turn out just fine. Don't be so rough on the first episode.
Oct 6, 2023 2:43 PM
Jul 2023
é tipo aquele anime lá "hajimete no gal", não sei se tá certo. a diferença é que não tão lixoso, digamos que é aceitável.
Oct 6, 2023 3:12 PM
Feb 2021
For everyone whining about the MC, all im going to say is he will develop similar to Ichikawa in The Dangers in My Heart. Probably won't be as good an anime as that but it will definitely get better.
Oct 6, 2023 3:22 PM
Sep 2019
was to horny for a bunch of teenagers
Oct 6, 2023 3:24 PM
Jul 2017
Feels like it'll get really old really fast. But I am sort of in need of a perfect waifu/loser protagonist show, so I'll give it a few more eps.
Oct 6, 2023 3:40 PM

Aug 2010
Well, it start using a lot of the genre cliché... so let's see if it goes better... or is just anther average boring romcom

>Quotes from AoB <
There is again! The ultimate technique: "It's all his fault, not mine!"
Goddess, High Bishop, you sure are popular!
まんが きけん      むがく -> Manga wa kikenjyanai, kedo mugaku desu.
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。
-> Manga isn't dangerous, but ignorance it is.
Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I didn't want to give the books leather covers.
Oct 6, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2023
Otro anime para que los otakus crean que les va a caer una chica del cielo.
Oct 6, 2023 3:47 PM
Aug 2020
i didn't know what to expect but i was feeling a good vibe from it.

this first episode is enough for me to add it to my watching list.

I can't wait to see how this relationship will go...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to ZXEAN
Didn't like it. Especially the main characters.

Skip.
@ZXEAN Same. It has nice looking character designs, with beautifully drawn eyes, but that's it. I wasn't entertained that much myself. What's more, I'm worried that this show is gonna turn into a generic, cliché romcom. I will skip as well.
Oct 6, 2023 4:20 PM

Sep 2018
That was really sweet.

Being desperate doesn't excuse you from doing the right thing which is why Ryuuto is the MC and everyone before is a nobody that just treated Runa like a breathing sex doll.

I just hope the show doesn't drag things out endlessly and Runa gets the climax she deserves !!!

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 6, 2023 4:24 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Softhenic03
Oh no, it’s the same suuuuuuuuuper bland, dark haired, gloomy, by-product of the industrial waste which goes by the name of light novels, protag ONCE AGAIN.

“My life is miserable as a high schooler, with little to no friends, but.. but I want a cute girl who could order me around as a girlfriend”. Yes, it’s the same background telling too, and guess what? A gyaru who’s rumoured to be a sex-freak, and coincidently the crush of this creature, accepted his proposal of going out, just like that… JUST LIKE THAT. Guess the rumours did have some truth in them after all:)

And no, we didn’t just stop there. That girl literally led this loser to her home, because they’re now going out… asked him if he wanna go all out and have sex, because they’re now going out… and, straight up accepted the fact that it’d have been fine if they fucked like rabbits, BECASUE THEY’RE NOW GOING OUT lmaooooooooooooo.

We didn’t see sex or anything, because of course these dudes aren’t programmed that way. So, would not pretend to be surprised.

But man, this was some horrendously stupid first episode, might be top two this whole year in that category lol. Can just laugh it off.
@Softhenic03 Yeah, if the first episode has that much of idiocy and wacky stuff going on, then I can't find motivation to even consider continuing watching the whole series. Not when it already feels maybe not atrocious, but surely worse than average. At least to me.

Sure, it might be entertaining and I'm glad if someone will or already likes it a lot. However, I wasn't impressed myself.

It might be a nice source of laugh in the future for chilled fans who will decide to continue watching this series, though. Just look at some posts following the whole "Femcel vs. Incel" trend in this thread, kekw.
Oct 6, 2023 4:30 PM
Aug 2022
Is Runa still virgin?
Oct 6, 2023 4:39 PM
Jan 2023
is it just me or does Shirakawa share the same VA as Akari from More than a married couple?
Oct 6, 2023 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Spyder95
is it just me or does Shirakawa share the same VA as Akari from More than a married couple?
@Spyder95 You're not wrong. Both characters are voiced by Saori Oonishi.
Oct 6, 2023 4:46 PM
Jan 2023
Adnash said:

I love Akari I just wish they'd make a second season already :(
Oct 6, 2023 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Spyder95
Adnash said:

I love Akari I just wish they'd make a second season already :(
@Spyder95 To be fair, I'm not familiar with that show. I only checked Shirakawa's voice actress and searched for the anime you had mentioned. :-)
Oct 6, 2023 4:52 PM
Jan 2023
Adnash said:
@Spyder95 To be fair, I'm not familiar with that show. I only checked Shirakawa's voice actress and searched for the anime you had mentioned. :-)

I appreciate you looking into it though I was fairly confident in it lol but I suggest checking it out if your into animes like this one
Oct 6, 2023 5:18 PM
May 2017
Very good first episode! Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. began Hajimete no Gal++. Rooting for the story and Ryuuto and Runa relationship to develop in a pleasurable and rewarding way. Ryuuto seems to be who Runa needs. Runa is caring and sweet and deserves a deep and true love.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 6, 2023 5:38 PM

Oct 2020
It’s fine. Had some stereotypical dialogue from the unpopular main character and the first few minutes clearly plays to the trope of the loner kid and his eccentric friends. Overplayed? Yes. But frankly fiction as a whole wouldn’t work if there wasn’t anything that had the ‘every men’ kind of characters. I do kind of like Runa, says some ubiquitous love interest things but I do like the implied dynamic here where she clearly has a messed up view of her role in a romantic relationship, but it’s not overt and on the surface I like how it doesn’t come up til she has the misunderstanding.
Oct 6, 2023 5:42 PM
Jul 2021
So basically a loser MC anime.
Oct 6, 2023 6:15 PM

Apr 2022
oh nah she's been ran through, she belongs to the streets. or belonged, i guess? still, seems this season is incapable of producing good romance anime so far. aside from that 'disgraced noble' one, that one was decent.
i can't believe this wimpy mc who's usually the type to get ntr'd in other manga i've read, is actually the only somewhat decent character so far. the dialogue and progress from barely talking to dating was just straight-up braindead. not to mention the incredibly mediocre animation.
Oct 6, 2023 6:32 PM

Oct 2021
This is bad, I watch it for the cute gyaru happy go lucky waifu, but it opened with one of the worst trope of a bland mc explaining how bland he actually is, and this level of idiocy overly nice from the gyaru is just too much.
Oct 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Apr 2014
God... the absolute pain of suffering to listen to the MC boy just constantly stuttering and being an absolute wet noodle the entire episode. I can see this anime as being something young teenagers getting their feet wet in romance animes would be good for, but the loss of brain cells watching this was way too much for me. Only gave it a chance because the girl was kind of cute and the art style looked cute, so maybe... but no.

No its just bad lol

[Artist] • [Streamer] • [Writer]
Seasonal Anime Watcher!
Oct 6, 2023 7:01 PM

Dec 2022
Most guys really are after the body only, so its normal that she just gave them what they wanted to keep them from seeing other girls (tho I dont approve but I kinda understand) so if guys acted more like the mc and keep it in their pants till the timing is right when there is feelings and honesty, most relationships would be succes.
It's my point of view many will not agree but I believe what the mc did was right and what she did is understandable.
Seggs should be done with people you really love.
Oct 6, 2023 7:07 PM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
I don't remember the last time I would've had as much mixed feelings over a pilot episode. I picked this show up because I absolutely adore the kind-hearted gyaru archetype and so far both Runa and her friends have certainly delivered on that, but I just can't get over how much this feels like a nice guy's wet dream. The way Runa is simultaneously a non-virgin yet very pure-hearted makes it seem like the protagonist is supposed to be some sort of savior that rescues the fair maiden from those pesky predatory chads because thou are not permitted to hold hands until thee form an eternal oath! The fact that the story is told from the POV of this idealistic yet pessimistic horny virgin makes the entire show have a weird, extremely uncomfortable undertone, but I also know guys like this do really exist... I feel like he's pretty well written so far in terms of credibility, but he's by no means a likeable character which is the main problem.

Runa's past is heartbreaking and based on what I've heard about the dating and cheating culture in Japan, also an unfortunate reality for many. It's devastating to think about how girls as young as her think of sex as something they have to partake in whenever because their upbringing has led them to believe that their value lies in how well they're able to accommodate for their partners' sexual needs. Runa seems especially keen on external validation, so it's not surprising that she's willing to resort to sex as a "duty" in order to hear positive affirmations about herself like "I like you" of "you're cute".

TL;DR I'm probably going to end up starting as a hate-watcher and maybe accidentally fall in love with it halfway through.

PS. Runa's first name (月愛) can also be read as "tsukiai" which means dating or companionship. It's satisfying to pick up on little details like this as a japanese learner, haha.

Oct 6, 2023 7:13 PM
Oct 2023
really epic mc seems pretty good so far and the ending is amzing
Oct 6, 2023 7:58 PM

Jul 2019
Dude it's so funny by how many people judge the story only by the first episode. Just wait until they finally realize what it's all about.

I've read the LN about months ago, and I assure y'all that the story is promising.
Oct 6, 2023 8:18 PM

Feb 2019
Temp8 said:
Dude it's so funny by how many people judge the story only by the first episode. Just wait until they finally realize what it's all about.

I've read the LN about months ago, and I assure y'all that the story is promising.

People have very short attention spans. They want everything explained in one episode. Let them drop it though, keeps these threads smaller and more intimate
Oct 6, 2023 8:25 PM
Dec 2022
I obviously already love this anime! Runa may be a flashy gal, but she does seem pretty kindhearted to others, tbh I was kinda concerned on how easy she seem in the teaser trailer😅. If I was in the same boat as Ryuto where a popular girl even approaches the introvert, I would also develop strong feelings for her. I kinda feel bad for Runa, she say she's a faithful girlfriend but guys she dates only seem to be after her body (Scum!!). Ryuto may also have an interest in doing it, but he's a sensible guy who wants to build a foundation, there are not that many guys who could be like that lol. I can tell their relationship will turn into a great one, even if they face certain obstacles along they way.
Oct 6, 2023 8:43 PM
Aug 2023
Story seemed a lot like Meguro-san wa Hajimete Ja Nai?
Oct 6, 2023 8:44 PM

Oct 2022
I know it's "impure" but I really do hope that her "impure" love would turn to "pure" love like how we saw from the trailers. And I've got a feeling its gonna be kinda emotional.
Oct 6, 2023 8:48 PM
Mar 2023
How sad Shirakawa gave me when she said "It's almost like a duty", the poor thing was accustomed to being disposable, but I trust and am certain that our Ryuto will be able to guide her on the right path, I feel that their relationship will be a kind of "reformatory for my girlfriend who never really knew love", but obviously there must be some setback in between, so I'm betting because the girl Ryuto previously proposed to is going to try to coax him back to her by realize that he now has a girlfriend. See you next week c:
Oct 6, 2023 9:20 PM
Oct 2023
The whole premise of her thinking that sex is an obligation and that no guy would date her if she didn't put out is honestly retarded as hell. The author was probably just thinking, "how do we set up a premise for a girl that is actually easy and not just rumored to be that will not receive too much backlash from the audience? Let's make it so that she has no social or cultural awareness and let's have her parents not teach her anything about social interactions whatsoever. We'll also potray it such that every single guy before the mc was some sex crazed player who used her in the worst way, and she's just some total angelic being who got played. She could not choose a single guy who would take her seriously until the MC here confessed on a dare. That says alot about her ability to choose men, if anything. Yeah apparently this anime is going to set up a romantic story but if you set it up on such a shitty premise, it ultimately won't result in anything meaningful.
Dhx379Oct 6, 2023 9:24 PM
Oct 6, 2023 9:59 PM
Nov 2022
Bruh, now I understand all the comments that were said about this manga (now anime) 💀

The protagonist seemed like a good guy to me, he knows what he wants and doesn't seem to be as "delicate" or stupid as others (cough cough Kazuya cough cough).

The girl intrigues me, so is the rumor of her promiscuity true? ._.
Oct 6, 2023 10:01 PM

Feb 2021
nothing new in ep1.. lets see what happens in upcoming eps, wish it will diff...
Oct 6, 2023 10:05 PM

Nov 2022
I understand in the long run the payoff might be better but genuinely I think these two would turn out just fine if they had just done it now. He isn’t going anywhere. He could have still helped her correct this notion by later asking her why she was so quick to give it to him. He just blueballed himself for his own sense of justice in a world that isn’t that simple.
Oct 6, 2023 10:42 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Dhx379
The whole premise of her thinking that sex is an obligation and that no guy would date her if she didn't put out is honestly retarded as hell. The author was probably just thinking, "how do we set up a premise for a girl that is actually easy and not just rumored to be that will not receive too much backlash from the audience? Let's make it so that she has no social or cultural awareness and let's have her parents not teach her anything about social interactions whatsoever. We'll also potray it such that every single guy before the mc was some sex crazed player who used her in the worst way, and she's just some total angelic being who got played. She could not choose a single guy who would take her seriously until the MC here confessed on a dare. That says alot about her ability to choose men, if anything. Yeah apparently this anime is going to set up a romantic story but if you set it up on such a shitty premise, it ultimately won't result in anything meaningful.
Dhx379 said:
The author was probably just thinking, "how do we set up a premise for a girl that is actually easy and not just rumored to be that will not receive too much backlash from the audience? Let's make it so that she has no social or cultural awareness and let's have her parents not teach her anything about social interactions whatsoever. We'll also potray it such that every single guy before the mc was some sex crazed player who used her in the worst way, and she's just some total angelic being who got played.
I had exactly the same impression. And guess what? Apparently it worked well. Look at some comments in various places on the Internet that are critical, but polite about the author choosing such trope and presenting it in that way. You will see generic "incel this, incel that" buzzphrases, filled with mandatory misandric insults no matter who is talking. Sexism and hostility comparable to that mythical "army of incels hating on women".

Anyway, I'm not surprised, to be frank. A lot of anime fans have soft spot for such otaku pandering. They are also hypocrites treating this somewhat dramatic story as something "sad uwu" or "cute" (sic!), because the author decided to present sexual awareness in that way (or rather not present it at all). What's the message of this show? That being easy is actually not that bad for a young woman's dignity? Or maybe that it's not Shirokawa's family's fault that she has become someone who is casually called as a whore by a lot of guys at her school, due to their parents and grandparents preferring apparently to live a chilled life instead of just raising her?

Kinda messed up situation, not gonna lie. My female friend has called it as "femcel fantasy". I didn't expect her to use that kind of harsh vocabulary when talking about this show, but if you think about, her judgement was on spot. Presenting sexual awareness like that surely looked as if the author wanted to introduce the readers to something like "femcel fantasy".
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

79 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jul 22, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

157 by TitledApollo741 »»
Jun 9, 12:55 AM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Luna vs Maria

IRBIS1857 - Dec 8, 2023

41 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 4, 9:22 AM

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

20 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.