Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2023 11:24 AM
Feb 2023
Ascension123 said:
"I actually thought I could never win" - Gojo Satoru

Yeah he went from “I will win” to That als. Talk about a disrespect to the personality to the character in just one chapter. It feels like Gege all of a sudden went rage mode and forgot how to write
Sep 20, 2023 11:26 AM
Feb 2023
Phoonaki said:
I really liked a lot about this chapter, even loved some of it. However, what the fuck? It feels like we’re missing a page or two, not a whole chapter, literally just a move and some dialogue. The harsh cutting from gojo wins to him cut in half is so jarring I’m struggling to keep my thoughts together on how I feel about this.

Dude the whole chapter doesn’t make sense. Sukuna just did that and he wasn’t “trying”. What kind of dialogue is that? That’s like saying “Get ready for the meaningless pulls coming next just because I Gege hated Gojo”.
Sep 20, 2023 11:34 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to akiiira
@musubi3

Totally agree, if Sukuna runs or they fail to eliminate him this manga won't finish in 2023 unless Gege kills everyone except Sukuna & Kenjaku.
There are only 14 weeks left in 2023 which has me concerned about the ending if Gege does truly want to end it in 2023.

MALoween 2023 Candies | x 5

Sep 20, 2023 11:39 AM
Sep 20, 2023 12:01 PM
Aug 2022
RIP GOAT😭😭😭
Sep 20, 2023 12:03 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Where are yall reading the new chapter?
死だけが確実
Sep 20, 2023 12:35 PM

Mar 2015
Confused_100 said:
Phoonaki said:
I really liked a lot about this chapter, even loved some of it. However, what the fuck? It feels like we’re missing a page or two, not a whole chapter, literally just a move and some dialogue. The harsh cutting from gojo wins to him cut in half is so jarring I’m struggling to keep my thoughts together on how I feel about this.

Dude the whole chapter doesn’t make sense. Sukuna just did that and he wasn’t “trying”. What kind of dialogue is that? That’s like saying “Get ready for the meaningless pulls coming next just because I Gege hated Gojo”.

I’m hoping that’s a translation issue but at this point the more I think about it the less in good faith my thoughts are and I’m just kindof mad lol
Yeet
Sep 20, 2023 12:46 PM

Jul 2022
I love the idea, hate the execution
Sep 20, 2023 1:02 PM
Nov 2018
Reply to KingSlowDown
Where are yall reading the new chapter?
@KingSlowDown The scan is up on JJK discord channel.
Sep 20, 2023 1:09 PM

Aug 2021
beyond lazy writing from gege. last chapter ends with him delcaring gojo the winner and we open this chapter to see gojo got killed offscreen. crazy. he really wrote himself into a wall. gojo losing makes sense for the plot but why have gojo winning the entire fight just for him to get killed and not even show it? clearly he doesn't even know himself how gojo could lose but decided he wanted it to happen so he did it in a laziest way possible. can't be that surprised though. the writing has been iffy and rushed ever since gojo got unsealed so it's whatever. just wish it was executed better for such a crazy result
Sep 20, 2023 1:12 PM
Nov 2015
bro what the actual F*ck Gege ...
Now sukuna and Kenjaku vs the boys bro Sukuna should have died with Gojo don't give the kill to kashimo bruh.
Sep 20, 2023 1:27 PM
Jul 2020
10vely said:
Guranto-kun said:
But let's be real and honest here. Mahoraga carried Sukuna's ass.

makes me wonder if sukuna would've won without megumis body. like, sukuna from a thousand years ago, would've he been able to do anything about the infinity? i dont think so! which makes this whole fight be about luck in getting the circumstances right, and not necessarily about POWER

Someone didn't read the chapter.
Sep 20, 2023 1:37 PM

Dec 2020
I see I'm not the only one for whom this chapter doesn't make sense. Just to be clear, I have absolutely no problem with Sukuna winning. We all expected that Gojo would have to lose or win but in a way that would make him unable to continue fighting (e.g. exhaustion), since it was necessary for the plot to move forward, but it was executed in the worst way possible. I'm well aware that Akutami hates Gojo, but any respect for readers requires treating your character, especially at a moment like this, with any respect.
1. From Sukuna's statement, it appears that he was simply able to copy the way Mahoraga broke through Gojos limitless. This is an asspull, there has never been a character in the manga who could copy an attack from another technique like that (apart from Yuta, of course). Also Sukuna said that “The target of the cursed technique was not Gojo Satoru. Space, Existence, the World, it expanded all the way until those things and cut.” which contradicts to what Gojo said in the fight against Jogo, that “infinity exists everywhere”
2. Sukuna's description indicates that his "new" slash is not stronger in terms of pure power, but has a higher chance of hitting. In this case, how come Gojo was able to tank the melavolent shrine (where his infinity was inactive) but died from a single slash in this case?
3. True, Gojo admitted that Sukuna is stronger than him. He was literally killed for god's sake (with an asspull but still killed), so what else could he say. What I don't understand is the statement that Sukuna didn’t go all out. This completely conflicts with... the entire fight... Sukuna, who (as the narrator himself said) felt nervous for the first time in 1000 years and had to use his strongest Shikigami, didn't go all out? Bullshit.
4. And of course killing Gojo offscreen, after 11 chapters of fighting. After the chapter where Gojo was declared the winner. I don't even want to talk about it further
I hope Gojo survives. I absolutely don't give a damn whether he's the strongest or not. There is no shame in being the 2nd strongest character. I'm just hoping that Gojo will do something more in this manga than being locked in prison realm for almost 3 years, fighting for 11 chapters straight and finally dying offscreen without achieving anything at all.
Sep 20, 2023 2:14 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to tttriplesec
sukuna beat the fraud allegations in the end, even Gojo owns up to it
@tttriplesec How does he beat the fraud allegations? If mahoraga wasnt in the picture he would never learn to cut space like that lol. It's just bad writing at this point.
Sep 20, 2023 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
Ever since Gege said he wanted JJK to end soon he's been getting real lazy with his writing.

I don't mind Gojo dying. I do mind the way it was executed and presented. Offscreening Gojo is just a wild choice. And showing how it happened in the next chapter (which who knows if it'll be shown) won't fix how poorly it was storyboarded.
Sep 20, 2023 2:55 PM
Apr 2016
Yeah… of course I got spoiled. This shit was all over the internet. Fuck me!

I expected Gojo would lose somehow but from what I understand his death was anticlimactic. Gege’s a weird dude killing off the ultimate fan favorite like that. Wonder what he’s cooking now. It all seems doom and gloom.
Sep 20, 2023 2:56 PM

May 2013
RogerCop said:
Someone didn't read the chapter.

but did you read it?
Sep 20, 2023 2:56 PM

Oct 2019
I feel like Gege should have added at least one panel of gojo getting cut in the torso, or end the chapter before that with gojo having a reaction of him getting cut because it feels like it came out of nowhere, other then that I don't find his death to be that offensive could have been executed a lot worse.

people tend to forgot that most of the fights that include the "strongest" in any shounen manga got asspulls and nonsensical abilities it isn't something new.

but enough about Gojo it's time for the real GOAT to stomp, get his ass Kashimo!!!!!!!
Shoko664Sep 20, 2023 3:01 PM
Sep 20, 2023 3:05 PM

Apr 2015
Welp even though I havent read the chapter, Rip to Gojo. :(
He always was Cocky and Positive but he had a certain charm to him, basically was carrying most of this series. It'll be interesting to see what Gege does from here on out.
Cant say anything at this point , maybe he'll be revived or something?

Update : After reading the chapter I now feel sadder :) even though Gojo wasnt my favourite character, He still was an awesome one.
BiisooSep 21, 2023 12:42 PM
Sep 20, 2023 3:20 PM
May 2021
Dropped JJK today.
Sukuna got copped out 6+ times by Mahoraga, 2 times by megumi's soul, 4 times by the the ten shadows.
The heroes got no cop out. And any power up the heroes could get now would be rushed, and ass pulls.
Unless Gojo manages to live and at the very least stalemate Sukuna, Gege ruined JJK.
Sep 20, 2023 3:31 PM
Dec 2022
Kvothe_1 said:
edit btw: NOBARA IS ALIVE(she wasnt in afterlife)

1st and foremost.... PLEASE DONT BE TOXIC AGAINST THE MANGAKA UNLESS U WANT ANOTHER ENDING LIKE AOT...

2ndly
what was all that about gojo dad??

3rdly....infinity works upon the principeles of calcalus like how in limits the closer u come to thing the farthe away it is....so y does it matter if even the world is slashed?? infinity makes every attack slow.... IT DOESNT STOPS IT...
so some1 explain that plzz..... as for chap

gege u fucking monster ...i hate this i hate this guy and love him so much at the same time...he doesnt care about fan that much was clear from shibuya he has a story to tell and that he will without care of the world

Tsumiki also wasn't in the afterlife, and she had over a decade with Gojo....
Sep 20, 2023 3:33 PM

Apr 2012
I don't know what happened in this chapter and I don't want to know, but people on Twitter are literally starting to threaten the mangaka with death and send him sadistic wishes.
Sep 20, 2023 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
Ever since Gege said he wanted JJK to end soon he's been getting real lazy with his writing.

I don't mind Gojo dying. I do mind the way it was executed and presented. Offscreening Gojo is just a wild choice. And showing how it happened in the next chapter (which who knows if it'll be shown) won't fix how poorly it was storyboarded.
@KneelBeforeMe It's a very vague thing. Aka often said that he was tired of Kaguya and wanted to create something else and even started Oshi no Ko, but Kaguya still continued after that for several more years. Although yes, it was a shadow of the previous manga.
Sep 20, 2023 3:39 PM
Apr 2016
In the end what did Gojo accomplish ? Couldn’t save Riko, was completely oblivious to his best friend’s inner struggles, got sealed, resulting in major casualties on his side, came back and lost to Sukuna without freeing Megumi, even frying his brain in the process. This man was a walking L.

He better not be dead.
Sep 20, 2023 4:10 PM
Apr 2021
I ain’t even read this yet I already know what happened mannnnnnnn… WHY GOJO WHYYYYYYYY GEGE WHEN I CATCH GEGE WHEN I CATCH GEGE WHEN I CATCH YOU GEGE
Sep 20, 2023 4:48 PM
Aug 2021
We all knee Gojo was gonna die but those flashback panels rly did me in😭😭
Sep 20, 2023 6:00 PM

May 2022
Reply to awsmsteph
Kvothe_1 said:
edit btw: NOBARA IS ALIVE(she wasnt in afterlife)

1st and foremost.... PLEASE DONT BE TOXIC AGAINST THE MANGAKA UNLESS U WANT ANOTHER ENDING LIKE AOT...

2ndly
what was all that about gojo dad??

3rdly....infinity works upon the principeles of calcalus like how in limits the closer u come to thing the farthe away it is....so y does it matter if even the world is slashed?? infinity makes every attack slow.... IT DOESNT STOPS IT...
so some1 explain that plzz..... as for chap

gege u fucking monster ...i hate this i hate this guy and love him so much at the same time...he doesnt care about fan that much was clear from shibuya he has a story to tell and that he will without care of the world

Tsumiki also wasn't in the afterlife, and she had over a decade with Gojo....
@awsmsteph maybe she want close enough?
Or maybe I m just coping at this point....🥲👍
Sep 20, 2023 6:34 PM

Mar 2013
I still can't believe that the finishing blow to Gojo happened off-screen. Like what the fuck, are we missing a few panels? Even if I understood what happened, why on Earth would this not be drawn? Did Sukuna put Gojo in a genjutsu or something? This is by far the most egregious and unexpected things I have read since Usagi Drop's second half. Like why isn't this final cleave shown?

In addition, what the fuck are you talking about Gojo? Mahoraga was the reason why Sukuna (apparently) won this fight. Where is this bullshit coming from where Sukuna did not need Mahoraga to win, when the last ten chapters literally disproves this point? Now, I do believe that Sukuna has a few techniques which he has yet to debut based on prior character commentary, but Sukuna was also nervous during certain moments with his fight with Gojo. This clearly was a close fight, so where is this bullshit of Gojo not standing a chance come from? What was the point of this fight if it wasn't even close?

Especially since Gojo was pretty fine whereas Sukuna was exhausted, and you're telling me Sukuna had enough cursed energy to completely cut Gojo in half, and Gojo just let that hapened?

These decisions by Gege make no sense to me other than killing Gojo, which at least needed to happen. Man, this was...unexpectedly bad for me. I hope chapter 237 clears things up.
Sep 20, 2023 7:00 PM

Feb 2022
Yeah I don't know what Gege was thinking with this. It's like he forgot that he needs to actually write the story in between his big ideas. Good concept, bad execution.

Gojo losing I don't have an issue with and I was expecting anyway, and I like the mechanism behind it of indirectly killing him by simply deleting the space-time in which he occupies. But off-screening the most central character in the story and leaving the presentation up to an exposition dump is just bad storyboarding. The worst part about the leaks is the dialogue, though. Apparently Sukuna was holding back and Gojo knew that he'd lose all along despite no indication of such things from their fight. Both of them must be really good actors, and it makes the outcome feel completely unearned. Not sure how Mahoraga came back from being obliterated by an attack that deletes things from existence either.

Unless this is 4D chess and it's all miraculously explained with a fake-out, Gege drew himself a corner to intentionally walk into.
Sep 20, 2023 7:50 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to the13thStruggle
Yeah I don't know what Gege was thinking with this. It's like he forgot that he needs to actually write the story in between his big ideas. Good concept, bad execution.

Gojo losing I don't have an issue with and I was expecting anyway, and I like the mechanism behind it of indirectly killing him by simply deleting the space-time in which he occupies. But off-screening the most central character in the story and leaving the presentation up to an exposition dump is just bad storyboarding. The worst part about the leaks is the dialogue, though. Apparently Sukuna was holding back and Gojo knew that he'd lose all along despite no indication of such things from their fight. Both of them must be really good actors, and it makes the outcome feel completely unearned. Not sure how Mahoraga came back from being obliterated by an attack that deletes things from existence either.

Unless this is 4D chess and it's all miraculously explained with a fake-out, Gege drew himself a corner to intentionally walk into.
@the13thStruggle mahoraga didn't come back to slash gojo. Sukuna says that he used Mahoraga as a "blueprint" meaning that he learned from him. He learned how to slash through the world/reality or whatever just by looking at Mahoraga do it. Literally. I personally find this a bit easy, like sure Gege had to find a way somehow to make Sukuna win so the story would progress, but I don't dig it, I would have liked to see how Sukuna would've done without Megumi's CT, that way we could at least have a glimpse of what his CT is, and more importantly it would be a lot more of a fair fight, and Sukuna wouldn't receive all these fraud allegations. I can't help but think about how he would break through Gojo's infinity in that case. But maybe there was just no way to do it without Mahoraga.
Also, the fact that Gojo said that Sukuna was holding back until the end, that he didn't give his all to Gojo and that even without the 10 shadows he would've beat Gojo, I think Gege included that line to tell the fans that no matter the circumstances, Gojo would still have to lose for the story to progress, but honestly I don't believe that, I won't believe it if I don't see the fight happening. Honestly just feels like Gege was out of idea or lazy to think of a way to kill off Gojo without the 10 shadows, so he put that line to justify that Sukuna would still win. Also, that very line contradicts itself, why were we shown panels where Sukuna literally screams for his life, even the narrator saying that he felt nervous for the first time in a thousand year.

But yeah, quite disappointed with how it was shown, I would have hoped that it wasn't done off screen to add more impact. Starting out the chapter directly with Gojo in the afterlife kinda breaks the whole tension/suspense yk
LeysohSep 20, 2023 7:56 PM

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Sep 20, 2023 8:06 PM

Oct 2017
one of those moments in modern manga history. great chapter
R&B Leyend
Sep 20, 2023 8:28 PM

Apr 2019
1. Sukuna now knows how to hit Gojo with Cleave because of Mahoraga? Oh cool he did that inside Malevolent Shrine a thousand times and Gojo just tanked it.

2. Sukuna was so strong that he was holding back all this time?

Peak writing.

I mean I don't care if Gojo dies, but atleast think of something.

Sep 20, 2023 8:46 PM
May 2021
Ain't no way gojo lost like this, this is bull-
Sep 20, 2023 9:57 PM

Sep 2017
I don't want to believe it, but it happened, there is still the possibility that Gojo can use the "reverse technique" and survive, since he still have their brain intact, but with the wear and tear he had and everything shown ... It is almost certain that we will have to say goodbye to the strongest wizard. Something that if I don't like is that he declared to be weaker than Sukuna and that Sukuna did not give everything of if WTF that way to spoil everything!!! No, you can't say that!!! Gege what the hell????
Isvi_BerserkSep 20, 2023 10:01 PM
Sep 20, 2023 10:24 PM

Jun 2017
Uggh another fav character is dead... it seems this manga was made to make me cry haha

it's pretty obvious he had to die so the story can move on, so when exactly can we get Yuuji's power up?
Sep 20, 2023 11:35 PM

Apr 2019

pain peko
Sep 21, 2023 12:21 AM
Sep 2021
The votes 'hated it' being the most☠️
Sep 21, 2023 1:06 AM

May 2020
Someone would've ended up dead anyways, it's just that he is Gojo, and that in itself kind of saddens me, but the way author pulled off something this major is in simple words.. just downright abysmal.

Offscreening Gojo's death doesn't make any sense, when just the last chapter he was seen obliterating multi-storey buildings and everything. Not sure if we would get the exact circumstances on how we reached this conclusion next chapter either, as I mean author really is in some rush to conclude his manga this year itself.
Sep 21, 2023 1:49 AM
Feb 2023
im sobbing so much
Sep 21, 2023 1:56 AM
Feb 2023
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

When the author says in the last chapter, Sukuna was worried for first time in ages then contradicts himself to say “well he wasn’t actually trying”. That’s so bad as he not only contradicted himself, he wrote himself into a corner with Sukuna. He made him into what he hated about Gojo and also will make it seem somehow the other characters will surpass Gojo and Sukuna within these moments. Like talk about pulling asspulls just because Gege hated Gojo. Like make him lose. But with someway that makes sense to the future. Like “eventhough he did lose, he exhausted Sukuna”. Therefore you can make it believable that Sukuna will lose future wise. The whole chapter was only a disrespect with alot of contradictions in it. It is so badly written. That’s why most ppl and fans hate it. There is a portion because of Gojo but like I explained, it’s just so poorly written.
Sep 21, 2023 2:05 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Confused_100
OnePiece7Sh1 said:

When the author says in the last chapter, Sukuna was worried for first time in ages then contradicts himself to say “well he wasn’t actually trying”. That’s so bad as he not only contradicted himself, he wrote himself into a corner with Sukuna. He made him into what he hated about Gojo and also will make it seem somehow the other characters will surpass Gojo and Sukuna within these moments. Like talk about pulling asspulls just because Gege hated Gojo. Like make him lose. But with someway that makes sense to the future. Like “eventhough he did lose, he exhausted Sukuna”. Therefore you can make it believable that Sukuna will lose future wise. The whole chapter was only a disrespect with alot of contradictions in it. It is so badly written. That’s why most ppl and fans hate it. There is a portion because of Gojo but like I explained, it’s just so poorly written.
@Confused_100
Real, basically gege is the worst author, the way he writes fights r shit, i only understand the fights after mappa animated it + GEGE IS TRASH, A LOSER, A NOBODY, A PIECE OF SHIT, THE ONLY HUMAN I WANT DEAD
Sep 21, 2023 2:06 AM

Aug 2021
midjo in the mud, now i can finally start to enjoy the manga again
Sep 21, 2023 2:37 AM

May 2013
Kvothe_1 said:
maybe she want close enough?
Or maybe I m just coping at this point

from what I understood, this is not just general afterlife, it's the last moment he was happy and content with his friends before everything went to shit, meaning it's the okinawa airport terminal before they went back to tokyo to turn riko in, resulting in everything that happened with toji and the aftermath of that. so you only see suguru who was on the mission with him there, nanami and haibara who joined later, riko and misato who they were escorting, all of whom are dead now (when I said everything went to shit after this I wasn't kidding!!)
you see gojo's also reverted to his teen self, so if this is the timeline he assumed in the afterlife, it would be weird to have either nobara or tsumiki there because they were literal children at that point, like, 7yo at most?
not that I wouldn't absolutely love nobara to be alive!
Sep 21, 2023 2:49 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to 10vely
akiiira said:
this manga won't finish in 2023

was it something gege said in an interview or something? i've seen this date floating around but somehow um having troubles believing it's possible. so much is still unsaid, and until the end of the year it's like, 12 chapters at most (less, if we consider gege's typical breaks)
@10vely Yeah Gege said that... But I choose X for doubt tbh
I read AoT so I can hate on it.
Sep 21, 2023 2:52 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to 10vely
akiiira said:
unless Gege kills everyone except Sukuna & Kenjaku

omg imagine
the moral of the story in the end, the good guys never win
@10vely Honestly I think it will be some epic Yuji / Yuta vs Sukuna and Kenjaku fight in the end. Yuji is still a perfect vessel for Sukuna and who knows how he will evolve.. Although I don't know how that would work since there is less than 12 chapters as you mentioned.

I also forgot that its legit been like 5 months since Yuji got to know about the world of curses (since the time in the manga goes super slowly).
I read AoT so I can hate on it.
Sep 21, 2023 3:50 AM

Aug 2019
That was unexpected that Gojo died just like that. Wonder how the others feel about his death.
Sep 21, 2023 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to -Shinzo
1. Sukuna now knows how to hit Gojo with Cleave because of Mahoraga? Oh cool he did that inside Malevolent Shrine a thousand times and Gojo just tanked it.

2. Sukuna was so strong that he was holding back all this time?

Peak writing.

I mean I don't care if Gojo dies, but atleast think of something.
@-Shinzo
1. Fair enough that doesn't make sense then again he didn't use cleave once in the entire fight possible he didn't in the domain but that's just a theory.

2. This however was stated by Kusababe in the last few chapters he did mention he was holding back. Cause he couldn't go all out due to him fighting everyone else afterwards anyway. Even Hakari said the same thing. Gojo literally confirmed it due not using his technique.

But I will give you him screaming for mahoraga was dumb though he was in panic mode for whatever reason. Why are you panicking you literally killed him next chapter.

Gege killing gojo offscreen was stupid as well.
Sep 21, 2023 4:48 AM

May 2013
while on the topic of the afterlife

Sep 21, 2023 5:10 AM
Sep 2023
gege is an inbreed bastard and the manga was honestly a steaming pile of shit
Sep 21, 2023 5:11 AM
Sep 2023
gege is an inbreed bastard and the manga was honestly a steaming pile of shit
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gege really can't stan GoJo at this point

00RATUL00 - 3 hours ago

8 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 261 Discussion

deg - 5 hours ago

20 by dk107_ »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 260 Discussion ( 1 2 )

grim - May 15

81 by FruitPunchBaka »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you happy with where JJK plot is heading?

Zimmu - May 7

45 by Ridkidjory »»
3 hours ago

» return of the king? chapter 260

deg - May 15

33 by thebrentinator24 »»
May 20, 4:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.