Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2023 10:35 AM

Sep 2018
I'm surprised that Counter Arrow haven't cottoned on to how OP Rudeus is.

But someone sure saw straight through him.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 16, 2023 10:36 AM
Jul 2021
Was I the only one who thought Sara stole Roxy’s panties?
Jul 16, 2023 10:37 AM
May 2022
I like it we forgot Eris and moving on SARA RUBY canon ♥️♥️for me ugh i hate to wait for the next episode 😭😭
Jul 16, 2023 10:41 AM
Apr 2018
Why is the animation so mid? The style feels so generic, such a let down
Jul 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Jul 2021
Am I the only one who doesn't like watching shows set in winter when it's blazing hot outside? XD Nonethless, fantastic. Waiting for the next episode
Jul 16, 2023 10:53 AM
Jul 2020
weeeeellll... Mushoku tensei was the 1st LN i read...and they skipped so much content idk if i ever gonna like this season
Jul 16, 2023 10:53 AM
Aug 2015
Polvo_Aranha said:
Is it just me or Rudeus is less pervy now? So I can finally play devil's advocate by saying that was part of his character development.

Hmm, he's still worshipping at a pantsu shrine. Even halfway knocked out, Sara notices his wandering eyes. Let's just say that a jury of anime girls would definitely convict.
Jul 16, 2023 10:54 AM
Apr 2014
for a novel adaptation that focuses on character development, im starting to feel sad to see this arc being rushed like this.

maybe there are other LN readers that don't feel the same way but i personally cannot help but feel like things are proceeding faster than it should have. sure, i do understand that there are time constraints to consider since they need to fit in everything within the allotted episode count so removing some scenes here and there are to be expected but skipping interactions just feels so wrong to me. it cheapens the bond he had formed with this newfound party. even more so if you factor in what's to come after this episode. i can't help but feel worried.
Jul 16, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 2021
Well it’s safe to say that the animation has had a huge drop off compared to the first season. I’m so sad as I love this show
Jul 16, 2023 10:56 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 16, 2023 10:59 AM
Jan 2009
RoTkRylas said:
Is no one seeing that the new episodes are getting cut too short compared to th light novel and manga adaptation,I mean it's getting butchered.

I mean in the manga the battle with the tree is hard af for rudeus to fight alone ,but now he just swoop in and yank sara out in 10 seconds.

Total disappointment imo 
From a novel readers perspective I would say that they have cut out a lot of material here. I also feel like some of the scenes did lose a lot of impact because of that, much so because they fail to show the bond building between Rudeus and the counter-arrows and I think they are failing in giving impact to a lot of these early encounters, and showing Rudeus real mental state. It was also somewhat disappointing that they never really showed the skill different between stepped leader and counter-arrows parties.

There was also really grating transition between the scene where Soldat Heckler confronted Rudeus and (some time later) when Rudeus is sitting in the adventurers hall again. You don't really get an idea that any time has passed at all. It's also never explained that the counter-arrows were kind of a weak adventuring party and mostly survived because they were kind of smart about what missions they accepted and planned carefully. 

Overall I think they would have needed an episode or two more, but maybe they are speed-running it because this part if mostly just a build-up for what's coming later, and they feel they can skip things because they are less interesting. 
Jul 16, 2023 11:04 AM
Jan 2022
our boy has changed <33
Jul 16, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2021
It amazes me how quickly every episode goes by!
Jul 16, 2023 11:11 AM
Apr 2014

billybub said:
Ryuseishun said:
This is where this season has my first major disappointment with the series as a whole anime-wise: this particular segment was just too rushed IMHO. The part with introducing Soldat and the part with rescuing Sara from a monstrous tree-like creature. For someone who really loved the story material, this part felt so flat for me in terms in storyboarding and direction. Sure, there was that short but amazing looking sequence with Rudeus avoiding the tree monster's attacks with his Earth magic, but otherwise this was quite a disappointing display for me. Not necessarily god awful, but it sucks when the anime staff are so limited with their options due to episode count & length as well as their already prevalent time constraints. The good side is that the episode does have a nice introspective of how Rudeus is doing mentally and why it's more complicated than most people would initially think.

There's only so much you can fit in 4 23 minute episodes, and v7 is by far the least important of what's being adapted.  I really don't see what the problem is
the problem is the pacing. you cannot possibly tell me that no one would have any problems with the current pacing of this adaptation regardless of whether they've read other sources or not.
it matters on stories that focuses on character development heavily. it's understandable to be disappointed about it.

just because you felt like a volume is the least important doesn't make it right to act like it's wrong for us to be disappointed.
especially for a studio dedicated on adapting the entire series.

i can understand skipping some fights and pantsu fanservice but skipping too much interactions between characters on a story centered around character development is just a big no in my book
Jul 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Apr 2014
aegd said:
RoTkRylas said:
Is no one seeing that the new episodes are getting cut too short compared to th light novel and manga adaptation,I mean it's getting butchered.

I mean in the manga the battle with the tree is hard af for rudeus to fight alone ,but now he just swoop in and yank sara out in 10 seconds.

Total disappointment imo 
From a novel readers perspective I would say that they have cut out a lot of material here. I also feel like some of the scenes did lose a lot of impact because of that, much so because they fail to show the bond building between Rudeus and the counter-arrows and I think they are failing in giving impact to a lot of these early encounters, and showing Rudeus real mental state. It was also somewhat disappointing that they never really showed the skill different between stepped leader and counter-arrows parties.

There was also really grating transition between the scene where Soldat Heckler confronted Rudeus and (some time later) when Rudeus is sitting in the adventurers hall again. You don't really get an idea that any time has passed at all. It's also never explained that the counter-arrows were kind of a weak adventuring party and mostly survived because they were kind of smart about what missions they accepted and planned carefully. 

Overall I think they would have needed an episode or two more, but maybe they are speed-running it because this part if mostly just a build-up for what's coming later, and they feel they can skip things because they are less interesting. 
yea it truly did felt like the impact was lost with this pacing. we still have 21 episodes left to work with but it felt like theyre finishing this arc in 3(next one) which is sad.
Jul 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Sep 2021
Rudeus as a character his development was shown well, he is now starting to come out of his depression and seeing life in a new way.
Jul 16, 2023 11:20 AM

Feb 2018
So we get a bit of a time skip to see how Rudy is doing in this new place, working jobs and such.
After he saves Sara it looks like they might get on a little better.
Jul 16, 2023 11:22 AM
Jan 2023
Kinda disappointed that manga did better than animation

Jul 16, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2015
RanDL said:

billybub said:

There's only so much you can fit in 4 23 minute episodes, and v7 is by far the least important of what's being adapted.  I really don't see what the problem is
the problem is the pacing. you cannot possibly tell me that no one would have any problems with the current pacing of this adaptation regardless of whether they've read other sources or not.
it matters on stories that focuses on character development heavily. it's understandable to be disappointed about it.

just because you felt like a volume is the least important doesn't make it right to act like it's wrong for us to be disappointed.

i can understand skipping some fights and pantsu fanservice but skipping too much interactions between characters on a story centered around character development is just a big no in my book

Ok there's only so much time available, so in order for you too add something to "improve the pacing" something needs to be taken out. So what exactly could have been omitted from this or any future episode in order to fix this magical "pacing problem"?
Look I'd love to see a 1:1 adaptation of the Ln but that's not going to happen.
Jul 16, 2023 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
billybub said:
Ryuseishun said:
This is where this season has my first major disappointment with the series as a whole anime-wise: this particular segment was just too rushed IMHO. The part with introducing Soldat and the part with rescuing Sara from a monstrous tree-like creature. For someone who really loved the story material, this part felt so flat for me in terms in storyboarding and direction. Sure, there was that short but amazing looking sequence with Rudeus avoiding the tree monster's attacks with his Earth magic, but otherwise this was quite a disappointing display for me. Not necessarily god awful, but it sucks when the anime staff are so limited with their options due to episode count & length as well as their already prevalent time constraints. The good side is that the episode does have a nice introspective of how Rudeus is doing mentally and why it's more complicated than most people would initially think.

There's only so much you can fit in 4 23 minute episodes, and v7 is by far the least important of what's being adapted. I really don't see what the problem is

To me it was. V7 imho was key to bridging that gap between Rudy's mentality in vol 6 and how he is when vol 8 kicks off. Apparently the director doesn't feel otherwise, unfortunately.
Jul 16, 2023 11:44 AM
Dec 2020
Wonderful and beautiful, but I expected Better
Jul 16, 2023 11:46 AM
Apr 2019
This episode was quite enjoyable. I saw some people complaining about the pacing but since I haven't read the manga or ln I have no complains and with the pacing i feel like there's no way to win cause either you end it on a cliffhanger with either Rudeus leaving the city to save Sara or with this current ending with a bit of stuff cut out. The character development though is so good, like is this even Rudeus?? If this was old Rudeus he definitely would've copped a feel and did some weird shit when he saved Sara from falling and when they were naked. So he goes to save Sara but he himself doesn't even know why and asks himself that question and thinks he just doesn't wanna abandon someone just like eris abandoned him but when Sara told him that she was glad he came to save her he felt a sort of relief and felt as if he was the one who was saved and not the other way around which shows that yes maybe he did do it because he didn't wanna be like eris but also maybe he enjoys helping others or his close ones and getting that sense of gratitude from others and that he made the right choice by going to save her and not abandon her perhaps.
Jul 16, 2023 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
_Rudeuss said:
Kinda disappointed that manga did better than animation

lmao the anime is such a downgrade when compared to the manga art and moments,the tree fight Also looks sick in the manga.
Jul 16, 2023 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
he even made a shrine for the panties xD i wonder what sara mumbled at the end? 
Feb 2012
Even though animation was not top notch, and, by some people, this episode was rushed, as an anime watcher only I think it was a great episode. During the first season I already saw, that the creators puting their main resourses on the most impactful episodes, while other episodes are being "butchered". Just remember Orsted episode, how it was animated and how it was way over the top compared to other episodes. We mostly are toking about single episodes in these forums, but if the overal anime is gonna be good, I am down for it.

Jan 2018
Besides a few cuts of brilliant animation the rest of the episodes animation was generally rough around the edges.
Jul 16, 2023 11:52 AM

Jan 2021
Damn Rudeus is actually working out. Rudeus comes across someone other guild member but after he hears they have taken on a job, he takes on a job as well. Rudeus helps clearing the snow, lol Sara lurking.

Sara asks Rudeus to join them for a job and he does. The caves were nice until the monsters attacked and when they were about to outnumbered, the guy from the other guild slayed the other monsters and this guy out here looking for trouble so fast, just because he was on the wrong place bruh. The beer after the hard work was deserved until that guy showed up again and ruined it.

Its the next day and Rudeus waits on something while the guy comes again but he then sees Suzanne and she tells that Mimir is dead and that Sara has gone missing, so RIP Mimir. Rudeus sets foot to look for Sara in the blizzard and defeats snow beasts underway and discovers Mimir's belt and Sara's earring. Rudeus then sees Sara being held by some roots and Rudeus saves her and then he heals her in the cave and there's also some fanservice. Sara tried to reach out to him but couldn't so she thanks him for saving her, with a smile this time. Rudeus & Sara then return to the hometown and Suzanne gets angry but calms down and thanks him.

I think Sara said "I love you" in the end but who knows, it could've been anything. Nice episode.
Jul 16, 2023 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
billybub said:
RanDL said:

Ok there's only so much time available, so in order for you too add something to "improve the pacing" something needs to be taken out.  So what exactly could have been omitted from this or any future episode in order to fix this magical "pacing problem"?
Look I'd love to see a 1:1 adaptation of the Ln but that's not going to happen.

just remove the fanservicey things that doesn't contribute much to the plot (further pantsu highlights after ep1, catching sara as she lost her footing, peeking at sara after saving her etc.)
i bet there are more irrelevant fanservice things to expect on the upcoming episodes that they could cut if they actually bothered to check which couldve given this arc just a bit more time.
but im no director nor am i involved in the creation process so i cannot exactly give you specifics on how to resolve this obviously.

i'm not hoping for a 1:1 adaptation. just a pacing that doesn't feel so rushed. pushing to fit in that many volumes just to ruin the pacing is just wrong in the 1st place. and here i thought they made the studio to give mushoku a good adaptation. what happened to that sentiment?
RanDLJul 16, 2023 12:02 PM
Jul 16, 2023 11:58 AM

May 2016
I feel like we lacking something but I can't really pinpoint it exactly what its.
still I'm glad Sara was saved. too bad for Mimir RIP.
Jul 16, 2023 11:58 AM
May 2022
Faithful to the source material
Jul 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
HorseJairo said:
Why is the animation so mid? The style feels so generic, such a let down
It seems like the same animation as the special of Sylphy. Also they rushed things from the LN from the look of it so yeah I feel the same. Especially the animation so far is not as good as the 1st season which is unfortunate. :(
Jul 16, 2023 12:07 PM
Jan 2023
Well that was pretty wholesome and redeeming...
Jul 16, 2023 12:08 PM
Apr 2021
Suzeray87 said:
Still waiting for a plot…

Rudeus becoming known as an adventurer, Hoping your name reaches your mother.
Jul 16, 2023 12:09 PM
Nov 2022
Rudeus working on his reputation while dealing with his abandonment traumas, basically the same as the previous episode xd

Although it should be noted that after Rudeus rescued Sara it seems that their relationship is not so bad anymore xd.

A light episode this week, I wonder if the next episode will be the same or there will be more action already.
Jul 16, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 2022
Nah bro got the roxy shrine
Jul 16, 2023 12:14 PM
May 2019
As a novel and manga reader, this episode was unfortunately going WAYYYY too fast. We missed so much from the developpement of so many characters. Mimir used to be dealing to some undead with sacred magic, making us at least a bit intrigued by him, making his death something. We used to see Timothy and Suzanne almost fighting each other from despair when mimir died. We used to know more and understand the tree monster.

I love the series, but this episode just depressed me. I was confident about the director change and everything, but this episode made me having fear for the rest. I truly hope we can have a season going at normal speed from now on. Let's just hope it's only gonna affect the 7th volume adaptation and not the other ones
Draze_999Jul 16, 2023 12:24 PM
Jul 16, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
A whole episode so Rudeus can develop a good relationship with Sara? Not only that her team would retreat and Rudeus could easily take those monsters? And the cherry on top is how cringe Rudeus is getting, you'd expect a person with a mind of a 40 years old would have grown out of the cringe monologue he has, "Hulk and Heracles" what the hell? I liked this isekai, it had some cringe, but at the least the writing was good, first two episodes are terrible.
Jul 16, 2023 12:32 PM
Jul 2023
Vol.7 length here is a big problem. To properly adapt everything they would need like 6-7 episodes for the ~500 pages of that Volume and with that, cour 2 would end right mid through the big arc of said cour so I can understand ditching the less important things of the arguably least important volume of season 2. Better this stuff than everything from volume 8-12.

That said, the animation felt stiff (compared to season 1) at the first half while the second half had great animation which really feels like they want to get out of that volume and put their budget on the following arc but I may be wrong.

Lets hope for the best.
Jul 16, 2023 12:32 PM
Apr 2023
show has more to offer
Jul 16, 2023 12:45 PM

May 2013
S1 is running circles around S2 so far.
The quality drop is just ridiculous. These 2 episodes so far, especially this one felt like your run of the mill, typical isekai 3/10 garbage, that has been pouring to the anime market for years now.

Not like this MT brehs.
Jul 16, 2023 12:47 PM

May 2021
Really good pacing and story telling. It feels so good when story is done right. Animation is still a bit different, can't really put my finger on it. But tone and overall package is great so far.
Jul 16, 2023 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
ngl as much as I liked the 1st episode I think they rushed WAY TOO HARD in this one
Everything progresses at a rate that is way too unnatural

Not even mentioning the fact that animation prolly hit its lowest in this episode, basically only the backgrounds still look good

Very unfortunate since 7th Volume of the LN is still my favourite up to date, so seeing it reduced to... this is just sad
Jul 16, 2023 12:53 PM

Apr 2022
It feels great to watch new episodes of this series, it just flies by!
Jul 16, 2023 1:04 PM
May 2021
I've been following the Anime since it aired and even read some of the LN and Manga adaptation. And still until now, everytime I see Mushoku Tensei it just breaths life into me. I love this series.
Jul 16, 2023 1:09 PM
Jan 2022
a total masterpiece
Jul 16, 2023 1:14 PM

Jun 2021
i like that panty shrine.

sara and rudeus might hit off i think

deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jul 16, 2023 2:01 PM
Apr 2023
Rudeus is toned AF. Did he forget to give the head of Mimir back to the party? And will he and Sara get down?
Jul 16, 2023 2:03 PM

Jun 2016
Sara is so kawaii, she deserves to be in Rudeus' harem too! :3
Jul 16, 2023 2:04 PM
Oct 2017
many parts from the source material were cut off!
the animation is worse then the first season
the story feels rushed
Jul 16, 2023 2:08 PM

May 2022
The scene of Rudeus doing push-ups was a little bit strange, but that was a good episode.

I don't see a big difference between first season and this.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

277 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

283 by shams267 »»
May 31, 8:22 PM

» This is lowkey the best SoL anime.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 24

24 by al_vl »»
May 25, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

355 by lasodamos »»
May 22, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

454 by eddy_spaghetti »»
May 21, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.