Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 29, 2023 8:25 PM
Jan 2021
Man this episode was weird. Runa kinda sucks she almost got the poor girl kidnapped or raped.
Apr 29, 2023 8:31 PM

Mar 2019
I could not stand how they were trying to make me like Runa after absolutely destroying her character. Yeah I'll pass on her. Let's get back to the Akane and Yamada moments please.
Apr 29, 2023 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
Luna did a horrible and dangerous thing. I feel kinda bad that the anime just undermine the whole situation, this is not reasonable. Unintentionally becomes very apologetic towards creepy male behavior. Albeit i know it wasn't necessarily anime's intention. In the end what lacked for me was the unavoidable lecture Luna needed from Yamada or her brother. Kids do shit but they have to learn what's right and what's not. Akane just tries to make the situation less worse.
khekouApr 29, 2023 9:10 PM
Apr 29, 2023 9:07 PM
Jan 2018
that is just offensive
Apr 29, 2023 9:23 PM
Aug 2020
Akane is too kind if i were her i won't easily forgive runa
Apr 29, 2023 9:44 PM
Apr 2023
Kind of mean for Runa to pull that prank on Akane. I pretty much knew she was going to stood Akane up, but was not expecting her to set her up with an obsessively sincere fan. But then, glad it was resolved with Akane being the kind-hearted heroine that she is. Don't know yet how things will go between Yamada and Akane, things are still slow. But good thing Runa isn't necessarily romantically attached to Yamada (that might add an unnecessary love triangle) - she is just kind of self-centered and hates seeing affection being thrown to another new female member of the guild.
Apr 29, 2023 9:47 PM
Jan 2018
Hmm, today’s episode was interesting. Not sure what to think of Runa chan but the jealousy part I can understand. However deliberately planning this in order to get Akane away from Yamada san was not okay. She’s a good kid deep down so we’ll give her a pass since she’s still young and has plenty of room to grow. Hopefully both of them can be good friends~
Apr 29, 2023 10:24 PM

May 2022
The use of music in this anime is brilliant. One of the reasons this may be the anime of the season.

Yamada-kun has discovered that Akane's level IRL far surpasses his skill in the virtual world of gaming.
Apr 29, 2023 11:21 PM

Apr 2023
Was gonna ask a pen pal what is wrong with the anime when the bathroom scene started since she reads the manga adaptation, but I let it play out. I see the four-eyed salary man took his mom too literally and lacks common sense. An embodiment of a gamer who stays inside all day and goes, "No freaking way. A 3D girl." and goes X games mode to impress them. I know of non-gamers who do this, but I have met plenty of male gamers like that. I'm a level 13 white knight. Mr. Kimota rushing to the scene fearing for the worst with Eita's exaggeration is solid gold comedy. Runa is a teenager and teenagers do dumb stuff. Understandable from the perspective of me as a teenager. Yamada's decision not to play the nice guy is respectable. Akane's made-up pain as an excuse to make up in private is also respectable.
Apr 29, 2023 11:31 PM
May 2017
Perish little demon 👹
Apr 29, 2023 11:32 PM

Oct 2021
There's so many things that I hate about this episode.
Apr 29, 2023 11:54 PM
Jul 2022
How could Runa do that!
Apr 30, 2023 1:04 AM
Aug 2022
Am I the asshole for thinking that Runa didn't deserve so much kindness from Akane so fast after the bullshit she pulled? I'm conflicted because I feel almost no empathy for her at the moment, but I'm hoping they manage to build her character in a way that eventually do. Good episode tho

o h and also wanted to say Takezo is an instant fave, he's iconic, what a good lad, I'd hang out with him anyday

Apr 30, 2023 1:37 AM
Sep 2021
Runa's character development happened this episode, and she is now trying to become friends with akane
Apr 30, 2023 2:42 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Eh, not a great ep. Runa’s a bit too annoying but should hopefully be tolerable after this…

Now, can we get back to the romance? That’s much more interesting.
Apr 30, 2023 2:44 AM
Oct 2019
Omg this bitch Runa really set her up like that.
Dangerous prank, holy shit dude.

Kamota-san is the real one here.

Akane are so kind.
Ain't no way i would let somebody like Runa be my friend.
Apr 30, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2012
Dickegrobe said:
EX1ST3NC3 said:
Runa is such a fucking bitch, why does she think setting up dates with random weirdos is just a "prank"?

She certainly is bitchy, but also, she is only a kid (in, like, one of the safest countries in the world?). And while it's often contested, kids ARE dumb, especially that kind of dumb. So, yea, we could maybe say that she still has a lot of levelling-up to do on all kinds of matters regarding interpersonal relationships and stuff ...
Yes, kids are often frustratingly stupid, and that's okay. Especially if they were left unattended. But she literally put Akane at great risk, and if this guy wasn't just an autistic straight guy, god knows what might have happened.
Apr 30, 2023 3:52 AM
Jul 2015

I'm not arguing whether or not she did what she did (she did, obviously) and I would have even preferred Akane to be more straight about it (not that it was her responsibility or anything). I'd still like to make the case that Runa didn't anticipate any actual danger from the setup.
Apr 30, 2023 5:32 AM

Jun 2019
Akane is the sweetest girl and a brave one at that. It was nice seeing all of them worried about her. Runa definitely needs that lecture. She was acting like a spoiled brat but glad to see that she realized her mistake. Don't do things like that to other people.
Apr 30, 2023 6:04 AM
Jun 2021
Yamada is becoming more and more aware of Akane 😚😚
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
Runa pissed me off hard, but I'm always easy to forgive if apologies are honest.

Creepy Rurihime fan made me feel suffocated. I nearly punched the screen as he kept bothering Akane in the toilet. 
Apr 30, 2023 7:06 AM
Sep 2021
Fuck Runa. hope she dies
Apr 30, 2023 7:10 AM
Mar 2018
I am genuinely floored and how sweet and heartfelt this episode ended.
Apr 30, 2023 7:11 AM

Sep 2020
Very funny episode lol.
Apr 30, 2023 7:26 AM
Jul 2022
Pretty entertaining.
Apr 30, 2023 7:32 AM

Aug 2017
This is like a Fruits Basket with video gaming. I like Akane and she's very cute, but a bit too nice.

I liked the marriage proposal and bouquet from the Rurihime fan after the credits. The guy seemed less creepy than I feared.

AOD-san said:
Eh, not a great ep. Runa’s a bit too annoying but should hopefully be tolerable after this…

Now, can we get back to the romance? That’s much more interesting.

Yeah Yamada was casting some glances at Akane at the end, and that was the extent of it here. She's melting his frozen heart.
StephApr 30, 2023 1:50 PM
Apr 30, 2023 7:39 AM
Feb 2015
They really got Ono Daisuke in for this episode playing as some weird creep huh 😂
It's nice that Akane and Runa's relationship are starting to patch but whatever Runa did with her prank, it really was a bad thing. I wouldn't necessarily blame her all the way because she's at an age where she doesn't know right from wrong actions, especially with the kinda character she's like as well. But this is something she would need to learn the hard way of the consequences to her actions because if say she wasn't fortunate to have this happen with someone even more worse than the creep and with someone else who isn't as forgiving as Akane too, it's even more possible she would think it's okay to do this in the future as a grown up and deter her relations with others even more.
It's a good thing she is learning about this at a younger age which can even help change how she becomes and talks to others in the future rather than becoming someone that people still wouldn't want to interact with.
Mr. Kamota is a real G tho ahahahhahaahahah
Apr 30, 2023 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
Nice! I love the new character development!
Now I love Runa after this episode but she's still cheeky. Nice Akane, you're an angel in my eyes without a doubt.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 30, 2023 9:27 AM
Nov 2021
akane is not only nice but also dumb 😑
Apr 30, 2023 9:34 AM
Dec 2021
Might just drop this next week, i just can not stand these characters and their actions. It felt like a cute premise but the exaggeration of Akane as this loveydovey person who can not see others do wrong is driving me nuts. Also the random game-/tech talk just feels so terribly out of place, there doesnt seem to be anything at all interesting with these characters and no apparent try to flesh anything out.
Apr 30, 2023 9:45 AM

Sep 2018
Wow, Runa seriously crossed a line there...

But of course what it does is give Yamada yet another shot of Akane's extremely positive spin on the world

And he's becoming addicted to it isn't he

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 30, 2023 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
Dickegrobe said:

I'm not arguing whether or not she did what she did (she did, obviously) and I would have even preferred Akane to be more straight about it (not that it was her responsibility or anything). I'd still like to make the case that Runa didn't anticipate any actual danger from the setup.
That is why the conversation of the elders with her should be very long and intelligible. Because even though she didn't intend to seriously hurt Akane, she still put her in a pretty dangerous situation.
Apr 30, 2023 10:34 AM
Mar 2021
idk what to say but I can say one thing for sure you shouldn't just forgive someone so easily but it is anime so it's OK but in real life you should teach lesson to this runa type of people
Apr 30, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2015
They need to give Runa a punishment or else, her character (regardless of the fact she acknowledged what she did) will still remain stupid and useless.
Best series of all time? Gormiti of course
Apr 30, 2023 11:22 AM
Aug 2021
this gave me weird vibes
very weird vibes
Apr 30, 2023 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Sarwan111 said:
LemonMadness said:
They need to give Runa a punishment or else, her character (regardless of the fact she acknowledged what she did) will still remain stupid and useless.

finally someone who has same opinion as Me
I mean, it's against common sense to just forgive her for what she did; pretending to meet up with someone and then not show up would've been acceptable, but setting up a meeting with a potential creep and then forgiving her like it was a bad prank is irrealistic
Best series of all time? Gormiti of course
Apr 30, 2023 1:21 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I'm pretty sure there's more within Kamota than meets the eye. That character has become more interesting this episode.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 30, 2023 2:48 PM

Jan 2021
It’s pretty shitty Runa stood Akane up but sending some random rabid fan of “Ruri” to meet Akane is beyond fucked. Luckily this guy was harmless but those kinds of “pranks” are how people end up hurt or worse. I guess that’s something Runa never learned from her 300 internet friends. I’m glad she felt like shit for what she did. She needed to reflect on her behavior.

Kamota is a homie though. Really came through to help Akane despite being a nervous wreck the whole time. I don’t think I’d be as calm or mature as Akane if someone pulled some shit like that on me. I’m very impressed she took the high road and still tried to make friends with Runa despite her being a little brat. The way she handled that seems to have left an impression on Yamada.
Apr 30, 2023 6:15 PM

Sep 2017
arleas said:
tsunakami321 said:
Was that Ono Daisuke voicing the 'Gamer Friend'? Who was that voice actor?
YES! That's the voice I couldn't place... I was like "he sounds so familiar, who is it?" and went to look and they didn't have it listed, but now that you pointed it out, it's definitely the same voice actor as Kalego Sensei from Marimashita Iruma Kun.

Are you all saying that the guy who voices the creepy gamer guy is the same person who voices Erwin Smith from Attack on Titan? 🤯
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Apr 30, 2023 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
I loved this episode because you could tell Yamada's feelings are involving for Akane! I hope Runa ends up becoming a really good friend of Akanes. Ritas' reaction when he heard gamer friend dude was in the bathroom was quite priceless, wasn't expecting that from him.
Apr 30, 2023 8:52 PM
Aug 2016
i really hate when anime does this. a character does something pretty horrible and we as the audience are kind of forced to just forgive her immediately.  i would've preferred for akane to be upset, go home first and then meet runa another time and make up when runa has actually had some time to reflect and acknowledge she did something really bad.

do really love that the creep was voiced by Ono Daisuke though haha
manon627Apr 30, 2023 9:40 PM
Apr 30, 2023 10:19 PM

Mar 2011
Alright... Kamota might be one of my most favorite characters of all time now :D. He was so cute when he was worried about Akane. So wholesome and I love strawberries *-* <3. I can even forgive him for ruining Yamada's moment :D.

A lot to take from this episode... I really liked it although it got me confused at first (eventhough I knew Runa was plotting something) I never expected she would set up a "date" with a creepy guy for Akane (poor her). Runa is really spoiled and deserves to be lectured but I just love Akane for handling the situation the way she did and for being forgiving. Yes, what Runa did to her was wrong but I feel like Akane even tries to understand her reasons/feelings and that's beautiful and a good message (not what she did!). I couldn't relate much with Akane up to this point but this episode changed things (even when she admitted she could have walked away when she saw the guy she was totally reasonable and mature). Plus if I would have been in her position I would have freaked out too if a guy followed me to the ladies restroom. Seriously... what was wrong with him? O.o.

One sentence that really hit me hard is when Akane said she's not good when it comes to relationships but making friends with other girls/women. It was kind of deep and unexpected for this kind of anime (but in a good way).

I would totally love to see creepy guy discover princess Ruri's real identity :D. I loved the scene when Eita came up to him and was protective about Akane (just on a side note).

Yamada didn't say much but I feel like he saw a side of Akane he didn't knew yet so Runa might actually helped them.
Wildflower3Apr 30, 2023 10:27 PM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 1, 2023 12:07 AM

Oct 2018
Between this and the last episode, I'm missing the full SOL episodes tbh.
May 1, 2023 1:22 AM

Sep 2020
This episode feels kind of slow, but finally they reconciled and hope they can have a good time in the guild in the future.
May 1, 2023 1:44 AM

May 2011
Akane doğru olanı yaptı helal olsun. Şahsen hayatta yapamayacağım bir şey sanırım. runa gibi şımarık ergen veledleri hiç sevmem ağzına ağzına iki tane çakasım geldi.

Akane did the right thing. I guess it's something I personally can't do in life. I don't like spoiled adolescent brats like Runa.While I was watching, I got extremely angry and wanted to slap it.
vkopuzogluMay 1, 2023 1:48 AM
May 1, 2023 2:50 AM

Oct 2021
Yeah it's hard to like Runa after what she did, and this sudden character development doesn't help, all of Runa's problem before feel kinda useless now.

Seeing Eita's serious side is the best part of this episode tho.
May 1, 2023 3:02 AM

Jun 2013
Nah I still don't like Runa. She has a lot of growing up to do. 

I wonder how her older brother was going to "discipline" her and why she was so scared. >_> Still doesn't excuse what she did.

Akane was mature about it but honestly, I think she should get upset more. This is why people keep taking advantage of her, including her ex, Runa and the creepy guy who kept mistaking her for Rurihime. She needs to stand up for herself more. 
臭い-
May 1, 2023 4:09 AM
May 2019
انمي زباله ضيعت من حياتي ساعتين على كلام فاضي ما رح اكمل الخرا ذا ابدا البتها 😒
لو اقدر اعطيه 0 كانعطيته بس اقل شي هنا 1
May 1, 2023 7:33 AM
Mar 2023
Well, what the Rune did was quite childish, but it shows that she did it from immaturity and not with the desire to really hurt, thank goodness she regretted it when she saw Akane's good intentions and that everything could be for the better :)
PS: The Kamota gives me the same feeling as when I see Iruma-Kun's Sullivan, I don't know why haha, and it was interesting to see the Eita's devil mode, I thought it didn't exist.
May 1, 2023 10:19 AM

Oct 2008
tsunakami321 said:
Was that Ono Daisuke voicing the 'Gamer Friend'? Who was that voice actor?
YES! That's the voice I couldn't place... I was like "he sounds so familiar, who is it?" and went to look and they didn't have it listed, but now that you pointed it out, it's definitely the same voice actor as Kalego Sensei from Marimashita Iruma Kun.
yes! that's him! the one who voiced Erwin_Sasageyow! lolz
Runa deserves some spanking! that's a dangerous thing to do!
5/5.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

260 by Yuhhangg27 »»
Aug 31, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

199 by Composure »»
Aug 27, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

281 by WalkerTheWolf »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

123 by venbals »»
Jul 18, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

108 by japanese_god »»
Jun 16, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.