Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2023 5:40 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not fully sure how to feel about this personally. It partly feels a bit of a let down, as it could've been more. The reason why I say that, as the bubble of nostalgia misses, as if you been watching the Pokemon anime for past few years, that has been running around so much. So the impact of being hit with it again, falls flat for someone like me. But ir's why I have mixed feelings about it. Because if people who haven't been keeping up with the show see it, they may enjoy it more, and the marks will hit better for them. While yes, it had many good episodic moments, feeling a bit like the old, and is more a celebration of it all in general. But that's just me ngl.
Mar 25, 2023 6:02 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was emotional, good in every way. Thanks for the journey ash.
Mar 25, 2023 6:16 AM

Oct 2018
So that's how it ends. Not really a huge fan of some of the episodes of this short season. XY and Sun and Moon are the season I am yet to watch/complete, going to get on that sometime later.
Mar 25, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2013
well nice ending, kinda sad that this is over
(long comment about the episode)
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 25, 2023 7:38 AM
Aug 2020
Expected too much from this last episode, but it still hit different
Mar 25, 2023 7:38 AM
Aug 2020
Expected too much from this last episode, but it still hit different
Mar 25, 2023 9:38 AM

Sep 2016
There were a lot of shots with Oddish in this one, much appreciated. A send off to the big dreamer boy. Hearing Type Wild at the end kinda got me but it wasn't the heart string ripper I anticipated.
Mar 25, 2023 11:21 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
I don´t believe yet, it the last episode where we enjoyed with Satoshi and Pikachu!!! (β•₯_β•₯) (β•₯_β•₯) (β•₯_β•₯)

Satoshi always will be a kid, finding adventures and knowing new pokémons!!!

Bye-bye!!

kekeke

8/10
Mar 25, 2023 1:06 PM
Apr 2020
The ending was emotional. After so many years I can say, I have seen every single episode of pokémon. Ash grew as a person.
I will miss you Ash. Love you brother. See you soon...
Mar 25, 2023 1:41 PM

Aug 2009
tbh the episode was kinda crap, the credits was more emotional than the main episode itself, but at least his journey is over now
Mar 25, 2023 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
End of an era, I wish we would have gotten something a bit more consequential but it I guess it would have been against decades of his journey , Satoshi is still going to have more of his adventures. Looking forward to the new main characters and get back into the Pokemon anime.
Mar 25, 2023 7:01 PM
Mar 2021
Este último capítulo me ha emocionado mucho.
Mar 26, 2023 1:18 AM
Jul 2021
where can i watch this episode it's not available anywhere??
Mar 26, 2023 5:25 AM

May 2021
What a terrible day for rain.

So glad they brought back Pidgeot. This leaves Goodra as the only one Ash did not meet again if I remember correctly. RIP.

Gonna miss Team Rocket and Ash/Pikachu so much, especially TR.

Mar 26, 2023 7:57 AM
Mar 2010
Largely underwhelming for the final journey. 3/4 of the episodes were unnecessary. The Ho-oh storyline would've been the perfect final story rather than the random Latias one. Ask deserves a better send off than this.

5/10
Mar 26, 2023 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
I'll be blunt: I hated the ending of Ash's journey so much that I had to write a review for it.

Ash, Misty and Brock deserved so much more than...this.
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Mar 26, 2023 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
Feels unreal that the Pokemon storyline featuring Ash has come to an end. This final part had perhaps not the best written episodes compared to peak Pokemon, but I appreciate the idea of one last journey with the OG cast and all Pokemon Ash befriended on his long journey. Hard to not get emotional now.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Jul 2017
Well... damn i'm holding back tears ... i don't know if i have the words to share my thoughts but i'm happy with this last journey of the orginal Pokémon characters. This episode was so nostalgic and it's melancholic in a way. it's sad to say goodbye to iconic Pokémon figures in pop culture history but at the same time it was a great run. from 1997 to 2023 truly one of the best shows in the whole world. this anime has raised generations of Pokémon fans all over the globe. and it will never be forgotten.
pickyotakuMar 27, 2023 6:19 AM
Mar 27, 2023 4:08 AM
Mar 2017

man... 25 years, abt 23 of which i've followed his journey, I can't believe it's actually over.
Mar 27, 2023 5:17 AM

Apr 2019
Sayonara, Ash!
It still feels unreal, especially with how this season and ending was somewhat underwhelming, but that means that it's not over for him and Pikachu, I think? Let's hope they'll make a cameo in Horizons.

It's really raining a lot, isn't it. ç_ç

but also...
i wish that this season was more like... a celebration of *all* the anime. instead of not showing may, serena, dawn, hell even old rivals like ritchie... like, i liked the season but it was mostly "pokemon of the week" with episodes like banette's which while good could've been done in previous seasons... idk. or not even having a gary vs ash fight, not showing ho-oh, not making ash catch latias...

but im obv still crying. ash's journey is finally over, and yet i'm not ready for it.
ryuujiryuMar 27, 2023 5:21 AM
Mar 27, 2023 4:54 PM

Aug 2016
can't believe it's over :(
Mar 28, 2023 8:04 AM

Nov 2017
This time it's really finished. πŸ˜­β€Š

A very nice little series to conclude the end of Ash and Pikachu. πŸ˜­β€Š
Mar 28, 2023 9:30 AM
Jun 2021
End of an era, pretty crazy that I am not going to see Ash and his Pikachu again.
I remember fondly, after my school I used to rush home and at 4 pm me and my mom both used to watch Pokemon, and it was Indigo league that time, my mom liked Squirtle and I used to love Charizard (and I still do) we laughed, we enjoyed the series together, this is the end of a saga end of a legend.
Although the series didn't do justice to Ash I'll let it slide, I needed a closure.
Thanks Ash, Thanks Brock, Thanks Misty, Thankyou for making my childhood speical, I'll miss you.  
Mar 30, 2023 4:41 AM
Jan 2018
They will bring him back at some point and probably make him the main character again if the new show doesn’t work out
Mar 31, 2023 1:43 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was a nice send off for Ash/Satoshi, but overall this show was just okay with some good parts here and there. Which honestly sums up my feeling about most of Ash/Satoshi's journey (the one I watched), and okay journey with some hype moments every now and then.
Apr 1, 2023 6:09 AM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, I expected a little bit more from this episode. Then again it's a kids anime and I'm an adult now.

It was nice to see Pidgeot again, but we didn't see Primeape apart from some flashbacks.

I think we might get new movies with Ash and Pikachu. Goodbye for now...
Apr 2, 2023 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
The end of an era!

It feels almost unreal that this crazy adventure of more than 25 years has come to an end.

Pokémon is possibly the series that has accompanied me the longest throughout my life, so it's sad to say goodbye.

Thank you Ash and his inseparable companion Pikachu, forever and ever a true Pokémon Master <3...

Apr 10, 2023 3:50 PM

Jan 2017
As an ending for one of the arguably longest running anime ever made it was a little unsatisfying.
I think leaving it open ended made sense since he's still just a kid and has a lot of stuff to do (He's barely aged since the begining), but They could've definitely done more with these last few episodes than just making some of the old mons reappear.

Especially team rocket deserved a proper conclusion. Instead they are doomed to unsuccessfully try and catch pikachu for the rest of eternity. Well, at least they're having fun doing it.

Despite it all, this has been a decent season. I'm sure this won't be the last time we'll see ash and the gang or even team rocket. I just hope they can finally age now.

Anyway, this is just an opinion of a long time pokemon fan, who stopped following the anime 17/18 years ago and only watched a few episodes and movies since then.
Apr 21, 2023 12:26 AM

Nov 2020
It's over.... :')

Apr 28, 2023 11:37 AM

Mar 2011
A perfect send off.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 30, 2023 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
RIP my childhood and entry anime. It felt like it was only yesterday when I was 4 watching Indigo League, while collecting pokemon stickers and cards... have been following Ash's adventures ever since. I'll miss the Ashnime for sure. Well, time to binge it all again after I am done with replaying the games, somewhere down the line. Goodbye Ash, and thank you for getting me on board on your adventure. Truly an end of an era.
May 6, 2023 11:58 PM
Aug 2022
It's been an honor to watch Ash's Journey for over 14 years, but all things must come to an end. Goodbye you magnificent son of a gun
May 16, 2023 3:28 AM

May 2009
Leaving this here... thank you for everything Ash.

May 24, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4  
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4
This short to long is a summary of everything about each ep with all of ash friends and Pokémon he has meet along the way. Ep1, was about Latias was really happy to see them bring back Latias out of all the other legendary that they could have picked for Ash, a call back to the fifth film heroes never forget the love and care She had for Ash, and now having seen that she is appearing in each and every ep in till the finally I'm just happy. Ep2, about meeting Misty I wish they did a better job when it came to them meeting again then trying to catch a water Pokémon, like having something to do with a bike. Ep3, Brock was nice to see same old Brock idk why they made him stop being a Doctor wished he stayed focusing on that path also seeing Dent was a surprised having them in the same ep but it was a short meeting and short good bye. Ep4, same old same old helping wild Pokémon they meet with their problems, feels like this ep was a waste of time just showing off same of ash old Pokémon he's bring along changing in each ep. Ep5, nothing but gen one memories see the Squirtle again from the Squirtle squad left with Officer Jenny great ep having Bulbasaur & Charizard meeting an old friend and helping him out that HUG in the end with Ash was to much!. Ep6, Team Rocket catching Pikachu then spending all his time with Meowth and Ash feeling lonely without his best bud having flash back memories of many of their moments together all throughout the journey a kind of sweet and touching ep. Ep7 The gang meeting Laplace again ever since the orange islands days traveling on her back the type of journey feeling I loved seeing back then, and helping a Pokémon while Pikachu force Team Rocket to assist them lol really enjoyed this one. Ep8, seemed like it was going to be about help officer Jenny but it was about Nurse Joy reuniting with an old lost friend, feels like they wanted to make you cry this time. Ep9, All about Team Rocket getting to see and meet all the Pokémon they went though with and call backs to the others that aren't their with them anymore wish they had a chance to meet the original two they started with, awhile chasing Ash around the world, mine jr is just adorable in this one. Ep10, This is all about Helping Latias to save Latios she been trying to find someone that can help her all this time. Dude at the end seeing the call back to the Fifth Film Heroes was to much, The Canal city of Altomare the Venice like city and Seeing Bianca the Artist and then Latias on the same swing were she spent time with Ash. Final Ep11, Misty & Brock saying their goodbye and farewells, Ash returning to Pallet Town spend time with his Mom & Mr. Mine relaxing meeting Tracey again and final time with Professor Samuel Oak helping him with a missing charmander. A final meeting with Gary, and team rocket at it again while coming to save the day Ash's Pidgeot so much on the final ep and ash trawling a twinge at the end to see were his next journey wood take him.    
Yo nothing for Butterfree but a short credit shot in the final ep of journey... that sucks and May & Max never got to meet Ash again, also Serena meeting with Ash was so short never got to spend any time together unlike his other friend he got to meet.   
CcCharlesMay 25, 2023 10:18 AM
Sep 2, 2023 5:40 AM

Jan 2021
After years and years of following Ash's journey, it has finally come to an end. What a very bittersweet feeling it is but ultimately, we must move on. This little series is a nice heartwarming sendoff to one of the most iconic anime characters of all time as we revisit old companions and relive the journey that started it all. Sad to see it all end but the new cast seems promising so it's not all that bad.

Pokemon Heroes is also one of my most favorite Pokemon movies of all time so seeing them revisit that part of the franchise really made me happy. Latios, Latias, Alto Mare, Bianca... still a very beautiful movie.

7/10
Jan 12, 6:48 PM

Jan 2022
Well.
Gonna preface that I've watched this show, and most everything else, dubbed.
I've seen a lot of the pokémon stuff. I'd say everything that's been dubbed, plus a bit more, minus paldean wings (and, you know, the series following this). Yet, I didn't actually care much. Decent episode for sure, but it's been a while since Pokémon actually surprised me with the episodic plot.
I've got similar complaints to other people here saying that they could have done much more with the final season, but I'm fine with what we got. The one thing that I had to comment on, though, was the "Pokémon Master" thing.
I'm fine with Gary pointing it out. I'm fine with Ash deciding that it had nothing to do with battles, but that seemed to go the opposite direction of Journeys, where Ash was the battling guy, while Goh was the catching guy. He is always friendly towards Pokémon though, so sure.
Yet, what got me was the "Being a Pokémon Master means being friend with every Pokémon". Like, I get the idea, but it's an actually unobtainable goal, and I would have expected that Ash wouldn't specifically treat Pokémon like a different and numberable species. If a young girl tells you that she wants to befriend everyone, then you know she can't, but it's because of youth and inexperience. Ash, though, while "young", has a lot of experience, and knows that many different Pokémon of each species exist. Plus, Pokémon are continuously dying and being born, making it as generic a goal as World peace.
It's one thing to have that be your new goal, but to say that that's what it takes to be a Pokémon Master in your book? Then no one would ever be, and it feels like we just wasted a whole arc in Journeys where you didn't do anything close to that.
I do like his comment about still feeling like a challenger, though. That sounds like something he's said before after beating powerful foes, and it makes even more sense when you take into account that he had bonus power-ups against Leon, and wouldn't have won without them.

Anyways, I did not cry. Liked the stick thing, even if it was at the end of Journeys just a few episodes back, I seem to recall it in one of the earlier season's earlier episodes. And I also like that Ho-Oh didn't appear, he was there at the end of Journeys, and I didn't think it would add anything else.
Feb 6, 9:31 AM

Jun 2012
I don't care what Ash or Gary says, in my mind Ash is already a Pokemon master.

He has won it all and travelled multiple regions while solving problems for thousands of Pokemon and making strong bonds.
Mar 24, 8:06 AM

Feb 2020
Here I am again...

It was 2 years and a few months rewatching one of the animes that was part of my childhood

The best trio

Hey bro 😳😳😳

The worst/best villains of all

The unforgettable bird of route 1

And here I end my routine of watching Satoshi and Pikachu's adventures. It's crazy to think that I watched more than a thousand episodes of Pokémon just like I did with One Piece o.O

Sayonara Satoshi and Pikachu, see you someday.

Jun 28, 1:53 AM

Nov 2020
After so many years Ash's journey finally come to a "end", well not really πŸ˜†. It's crazy to think that I have watched over 1200+ episodes of Pokemon and finally seeing it end leaves me feeling happy that I have witnessed the whole journey from start to finish but also sad knowing that its over now. There have been way too many iconic moments and memories I have made while watching this show that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you to Ash and Pikachu for the last 26 years as you both have had an impact on millions of people's lives. It's gonna be really weird knowing that a new series will be airing without Ash and Pikachu as the main characters, hopefully anyone that watches it finds it enjoyable as my journey with the Pokemon anime has also come to an end.

“Maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happens for a reason, our destiny slowly takes form.” - Rayleigh

Jul 20, 10:25 AM
Dec 2014
Started watching in 2003 and ended on 20/07/2024.
Truly end of an era.
9/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So how do you feel that Pokeshipping never happened even in the end? Misty fans how do you feel?

precita - Apr 4, 2023

13 by precita »»
Jun 2, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 9 Discussion

NintenZura - Mar 10, 2023

28 by QueenNothing »»
Apr 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 10 Discussion

AkemiInoue - Mar 17, 2023

43 by Nerdason »»
Mar 24, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 8 Discussion

Cosenza - Mar 3, 2023

33 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 7 Discussion

DanyyelTR - Feb 24, 2023

22 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.