Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2023 7:12 AM

Oct 2014
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the quality of the animation. It doesn't fall into the many pitfalls other full cgi shows do. Never do the characters feel stiff, which is a huge problem (the most common culprit is the arm from the elbow down. Specifically the wrist). There's some great squash and stretch and motion smears, as well. Something very few cgi shows do (but should). I also like that they change the character animations from going on 2s to 1s in spots, just like regular anime does. A great example of this is when Vash is running from the townspeople. There are plenty of shots there to look at, so I'm not gonna pick a specific one and instead just mention that when Vash is animated on 1s, the townspeople in the background are animated on 2s.

It's fair to say if you don't like the show, but to say its badly animated is just factually wrong.
LuZekeJan 15, 2023 7:16 AM
Jan 15, 2023 7:47 AM

Mar 2019
Nope. Orange's CGI is gorgeous.
Jan 15, 2023 8:35 AM
Oct 2016
No. Art and animation are amazing. I'm more bothered by the script and characterization. It's such a downgrade.
Jan 15, 2023 12:32 PM
Sep 2022
Epic. Beautiful. Just like me.
Jan 15, 2023 12:32 PM
Sep 2022
Kamilek said:
How can you complain about the animation when it's amazing? 💀🗿

Its amazing! I love it
Jan 16, 2023 7:27 AM
Mar 2013
I really like the animation and the art style, some of my favorite parts are, when Meryl gets all fluster after Vash said they are good people, when Meryl trows the bullet, Vash preparing to shoot the and the chase scene.

I have notice some people just take stills and scream how terrible it looks like, but to be fair that is like taking still of in between frames, if you see the animation in motion (as you are suppose to do) is fluid and nice, of course this is something that applies to CGI animation and not to traditional animation.

The redesigns are fine, Meryl looks cute, and Vash looks like, well a younger Vash which does not make it automatically awful.
Jan 16, 2023 4:28 PM
Apr 2016
What I hate are the overexagerated movements that just reminds me of the young kids CG cartoon shows that you see on TV. This is supposed to be an anime that is aimed for teens, so why do they put childish like overexagerated gestures? To me it completely ruins what is otherwise a nicely made CG anime.
Jan 16, 2023 9:20 PM

Nov 2019
Quit whining. Studio Orange's the best out there that can make amazing 3DCGI than most.
Jan 17, 2023 12:12 AM

Jan 2022
The show just doesn't have the same feeling. The best way to describe it is like this: 1998 OG Trigun is like Fallout New Vegas, while Trigun Stampede is like Fallout 4. Both are of the same franchise, but both have a different feeling and grittiness, and obviously the one that is better is the OG Trigun/ or using the comparison, Fallout New Vegas, unless you like a littered and clean feel of the new Trigun/ Lack of RPG elements in Fallout 4. This one feels like a 6/10 already since they gave all the original's secrets away in the first episode.

Jan 18, 2023 1:21 AM
Jun 2016
Wow, I'm pleasantly shocked that Studio Orange is well-loved and appreciated in this thread!

The best Japanese 3D artists flock to where the money is: in video games, especially Square Enix. Not even Pixar can produce something as aesthetically intricate as the movie Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (Pixar, Disney Imagineering, etc. are unparalleled 3D tech companies though and publish the bulk of significant computer graphics white papers). In the anime industry, you can only reliably hope for quality 3D animation from Studio Orange. Production I.G. is trying their hardest to jumpstart an industrial revolution in anime through 3D as an answer to the industry's dwindling workforce, specifically Kenji Kamiyama and Yoshiki Sakurai, the latter now utilizing his position as Netflix Japan's chief animation producer--but their tech and talents are extremely outdated and no amount of good writing could carry their 2000s 3D aesthetic in the 2020s.

What Studio Orange does above and beyond Pixar and Disney is the complexity of animation--not so much Trigun Stampede so far, but more with Houseki no Kuni. Studio Orange continue to impress me and I support how they're revolutionizing the Japanese animation industry more than Production I.G. is hoping to do. The biggest problem of course is the traditional cel animation illustration style that anime fans have been used to since the 70s, and there have been published solutions recently to 3D rendering that attempts to more realistically flatten 3D animation into 2D cel animation.
Jan 18, 2023 4:16 AM

Sep 2018
Flair_Noble said:
This is supposed to be an anime that is aimed for teens, so why do they put childish like overexagerated gestures?

Comedic effect? I'm liking it.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Jan 18, 2023 10:06 AM

Oct 2021
Fr, peeps doesn't know how to appriciate the work and simple comes to spread hate in community. Just Grow up bro.
Jan 19, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2019
the cgi looks way better than dragon ball super hero. really looking forward to aee what they do with the story. the 2nd episode was beautiful and emotional. i can't tell if it's nostalgia or not but I'm dogging it a lot. I was worried when I saw the teaser and am a long time Trigun fan. but hey I also really liked netflixes ghost in the shell series they did haha
Jan 22, 2023 1:12 PM
Nov 2017
I mean... Its not shit like beastars, but really weird. Could do without the CG, at leadt for the character animation.

The best way I could describe watching this, is if I watched trigun original right after marathoning beastars, and smoking a fat blunt.
Jan 22, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2018
I've seen enough of RWBY and clips of this to know this shit is bait lmao

Especially early RWBY is glorified clip art, Orange is the best studio in Japan at CGI.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 22, 2023 3:39 PM

Apr 2020
Just a different style.
Get over it.
There's still the original to enjoy. Nobody is taking this away.

It's pretty much just an alternative Version of Trigun.
Some will like this one better, most will probably stick with the classic.
It's not that big of a deal.
Jan 23, 2023 10:50 PM
Feb 2016
The only thing that threw me off was when the gang is at the plant room (ep 1), everyone's blush is showing in the shadows giving a weird glowing effect. I haven't really noticed that anywhere else and overall have been impressed with the graphics.

Meryl's animations are cute :)
Jan 28, 2023 7:25 PM
Apr 2020
If I were you guys and loved it complain this much I would honestly just kms. you are all pathetic losers 😹
Jan 28, 2023 10:25 PM

May 2013
I'd say compared to other Studio Orange shows I've seen, this one's aesthetic is unfortunately a disappointment. 
Jan 29, 2023 5:17 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
I kind of like the new design of Vash. I didn't watch the original series nor the manga, but it's a nice and fresh new look.

the animation is cg but it's not the WORST cg I ever saw. This ain't no EX-ARM level okay

Jan 29, 2023 11:17 AM
Oct 2010
I enjoyed the original when it came out and I'm enjoying this one, changes and all.

For those bothered by the cgi I'll just say to go watch a Pixar or any Pixar clone movie with their bland, sausage-like designs and then take another look at this. It's a bloody masterclass in comparison, with a clear and unique style that fits the setting and story.
Jan 29, 2023 12:42 PM

Oct 2013
DarkLeafNinja said:
I really don't see how people can complain about the animation. This is probably The best 3D animated CGI anime as of now, but people already have a bias towards CGI anime so that will never change. I know CGI anime can be crap but studio orange and sanzigen have delivered very good shows and they seem to improve for every show that they do. Just my two cents.

The best..? You must be joking. Land of the lustrous (same studio) is way better, also usually moves better and is better composed and directed. Etotama meanwhile blows them both out of the water with its fight smoothness and choreography, scene complexity and dynamics  despite being older than both... Although its not 3d all the time. And no one even knows of it lol! There's also the precure 3d movie, recent love live 3d stuff, both way better...
Jan 29, 2023 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
pureguava said:
Kalanjay321 said:
the animation is pathetic! dropping this show!!

if you genuinely think this you are actually clueless💀

no full cgi anime has achieved this fluidity. You may complain about not liking cgi or the art style, but 'pathetic' just shows your complete naivety to the current state of the industry. this is absolutely above what is standard for tv anime.

actually at least 4 titles i know of did, one of them from the same studio.
Apr 10, 2023 1:05 AM

Oct 2008
Meryl Stryfe is my biggest issue, her character design is NOT GOOD.
I'm not a fan of 3D, but Trigun Stampede's overall visuals were a 5/10, average, they were fine, WE'VE SEEN WORSE.
Apr 28, 2023 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
No.

I don't like CG in general, but some works are okay for me. "Appleseed" was okay, "Trigun Stampede" is too.
Scenes were animated nicely, for example, hair movement is realistic:

In some cases without CG it's almost impossible to animate some scenes, like in case with Nai:

Try to hand-draw all these knives, and I'm not talking about static picture, but try to draw them moving, changing positions, etc. It reminded me how Studio Ghibli used CG in "Mononoke Hime" to animate all those "worms":

So in over-all I didn't notice any bad cases, maybe except for some characters who use more simple models.
Aug 27, 11:32 PM
Jan 2022
I hate it, I'm not one to be picky about animation either & always eye roll when people comment on old One Piece animation. But this bothers me more than the Spiderverse animation.
Not to mention this version of the show is trash compared to the original.
Oct 13, 1:41 PM
Feb 2020
Nope, the quality is great. Enjoyed it a lot!

You can dislike animation but hating the quality? Lmfao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

213 by arminsluvr1 »»
Oct 13, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

79 by arminsluvr1 »»
Oct 12, 8:35 AM

» Which Trigun should I watch?

Dhrunto - Jul 30

30 by JoeChip »»
Oct 3, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

71 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 25, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

89 by Gloominscammer »»
Jun 9, 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.