Forum Settings
Forums

What’s an anime that everyone else loves but you didn’t?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 15, 2022 11:53 PM
Feb 2021
AnimeTyger said:
Bhavya7 said:
are you talking about manga? cause in manga he has next to zero appearance in dark continent arc so far yet lol

I’m just talking about the ending of the 2011 anime

Yea because of that he is powerless now and no role to play in dark continent
Oct 16, 2022 12:04 AM

Apr 2022
Violet Evergarden

Castlevania

To your Eternity
Oct 16, 2022 12:22 AM
Feb 2021
remiagined said:
Tokyo Ghoul... like in theory it's anime i could enjoy but idk something just wasn't there, maybe i expected too much or not the right thing. it was't horrible or anything but i just didn't like it

i will now recite the 3 words that are prolly already recited in this thread a dozen of times

"Read the manga"
Oct 16, 2022 12:29 AM

Aug 2018
Not that I didn't love it per se, but just that I never really understood the hype or praise Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood always got.

I watched the anime back in 2015, finished it, and remember thinking to myself, "That's it? That's one of the best animes everyone is always recommending?" It just felt very underwhelming to me is all. Besides Envy and Pride, all the other sins hardly did much for me. Most of the characters didn't even leave a memorable lasting impression either. I can go on and on.

There's not to mention how aggressive the fanbase is. They always praise it for the sake of praising it, and bring any other anime down that dares to usurp its "throne." It always left a bad taste in my mouth seeing that. To me, that anime will always be the most overrated anime, and the result of what hardcore bandwagoning can do. It isn't the only instance where you see that, but it is one of the most prevalent and reoccurring.
KusogakiRenfirOct 16, 2022 1:31 AM
Oct 16, 2022 2:18 AM

Oct 2015
Fell asleep watching AoT and all the battle-shounen nowadays~

Because my taste changes a lot when I reach 17-18 years old. I went from a action maniac to a sci-fi / dark-fantasy fan.
Oct 16, 2022 3:35 AM

Sep 2015
Steins;Gate 0 seems rather popular going by score. I found it to be an extreme disappointment in comparison to the phenomenal first season (though I guess technically this isn't "season 2"), it's just too boring and lifeless.
can dis sig fit
Oct 16, 2022 4:19 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Sangatsu no Lion, always heard how good it is n all that and it turned out to be pretty mediocre when I watched it. Not necessarily bad, just not good either

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 16, 2022 4:35 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Demon slayer, there's nothing about it that I like..
the story is below average, a grade schooler can come up with a story like that in 2 mins..
It also has the worst characters personalities I've even seen, the jokes are the worst..
I don't know how someone can find those jokes to be funny..

The author have psychic powers of mind control to brainwash people is the only explanation..

Oct 16, 2022 5:28 AM

Aug 2013
Atlos said:
I hate clannad but I hate after story more

may god forgives your soul for such heresy

but for me is One Piece.
Oct 16, 2022 7:42 AM
Oct 2022
DeFa- said:

Bleach (Battle shounen with no stakes, Drags on way too long, too many characters that are all boring, should have ended with aizen)

I would argue that pretty much every battle shounen has no stakes
Oct 16, 2022 7:58 AM
Oct 2015
Rainbow, sad scenes and narrative plot are poorly written and executed in my opinion. i felt like the author was begging for my tear while watching the show. I have no problem with sad stories, I like them, but all the inconsistency of this show made me uncomfortable.
Oct 16, 2022 8:27 AM

Sep 2016
For me it's probably Noragami. I watched it a few years ago because people were raving about it but it just didn't blow my socks off as I expected. I think it's an okay anime... not terrible but not great either. Who knows tho, maybe the manga is better.
Oct 16, 2022 8:48 AM

Aug 2021
i cant stand kaguya-sama, i only managed to survive two episodes and dropped it
these characters and the jokes were infuriating, and the premise felt so infantile
and now i keep getting notifications from the mal app that its the second best rated show ever or something and im screaming 'why do yal like this' in my head
i swear
Oct 16, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2016
100% Dr. Stone. I get why people like it, it makes people feel smart. But I can't stand it...
Oct 16, 2022 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
"Maison Ikkoku." It remains the worst anime that I've ever seen, and I'll never understand why so many people like it. The same goes with "Urusei Yatsura." I haven't seen the UY remake, and I don't want to.

Oct 16, 2022 11:07 AM
Oct 2022
Runasius said:
Violet Evergarden

Castlevania

To your Eternity

Was wondering if you could explain why you didn’t like those animes? I personally really enjoyed all three so I’m curious what made you not them.
Oct 16, 2022 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
nashpika said:
SAO eww, i still remember how bored and frustrated i got while watching Alicization. I ended up dropping it

My guy skipped Ordinal Scale (Movie That Takes Place Between Season 2 And 3)

Ordinal Scale lowkey the best piece of SAO Media that has been made.
Oct 16, 2022 1:24 PM

Jul 2022
None of the so called Shonen's Big Three.
Oct 16, 2022 1:29 PM
Jun 2020
Greater Teacher Onizuka. The comedy didn't land for me, and the main character was annoying. Not a bad show, just not my thing.
Oct 16, 2022 1:35 PM
Jun 2020
Halqifibrax said:
For me it's the recent anime Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

The MC is just edgy cringe boy that let himself hit by truck, get isekai then gain magic power because he want to get more power, I hate it. But somehow this anime get everyone love with cringe MC anime like how, HOW?

Trust me bro, the anime ruined the MC. In the manga and light novel, he's depicted in an extremely ironic and comedic light, but the anime decided to rip out all the comedy from his character.
Oct 16, 2022 1:44 PM

Oct 2019
I normally try to stay away from these threads but I really don't understand how No Game No Life is so popular. I've tried at least three times to start watching it and I always get bored and annoyed by it. The fanservice is obnoxious and overused in a way that's clearly supposed to be comedic but is in no way remotely amusing, and even beyond that it's just not an entertaining show. The only positive thing I can say about it is that the art it gorgeous and I love how colorful it is
Oct 16, 2022 1:47 PM
Jan 2018
Edge_Runner said:
Gintama for me. That shit is boring as hell
TRC_Randy said:
SaiteiDaOrette said:
Hyouka. There are good things about it but I think it’s quite pretentious with boring characters.
what th- Really? I thought the show's very direct with its themes and all what's so pretentious about it?

There is no romance in that romance series man
Oct 16, 2022 2:00 PM
Jan 2018
Thanatos1 said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33352/Violet_Evergarden
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It looked nice and everything but my main problem was that it had too many flashbacks and cared too much about the story in the past and I absolutely didn't. The movie was also bad but the specials were nice though.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35839/Sora_yori_mo_Tooi_Basho
Again didn't hate it but didn't love it either. It's just K on but the girls go to Antarctica. I started nicely but got boring towards the end. It was longer than it needed to be.

anime is not complete ik but movie ansers every unanswered quesiton and its so good imo
Oct 16, 2022 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
Kiseijuu, really solid start but something didn't stick to me.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Oct 16, 2022 5:01 PM

May 2020
I am sure that huntrash x garbage fans were mind controlled to love that shit show, it's impossible for crap like that to be so loved x2
Oct 16, 2022 5:04 PM

May 2020
Joshhhp said:
Kinda impossible for me to answer because there's no universal loved anime

cant imagine maid sama has a single hater
Oct 16, 2022 5:08 PM

May 2020
CickNipolla said:
Joshhhp said:
Kinda impossible for me to answer because there's no universal loved anime

Pretty hard to say that when you scroll through the reviews

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Oct 16, 2022 5:10 PM

May 2020
Joshhhp said:
CickNipolla said:

Pretty hard to say that when you scroll through the reviews

reviews tend to be extremely exaggerated to bait clicks or upvotes.
Oct 16, 2022 5:14 PM
Jul 2016
SAO. well adapted but seriously mid and feels like it's being dragged out and milked for all it's worth from it's initial success.
Oct 16, 2022 5:15 PM

May 2020
CickNipolla said:
reviews tend to be extremely exaggerated to bait clicks or upvotes.

Well if you say so, tho usually exaggerated and bait clicks still kinda counts for me

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Oct 16, 2022 7:23 PM

Oct 2020
since everyone already said hxh
spirited away and all the other ghibli movies

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Oct 16, 2022 7:29 PM

Feb 2021
kizumi91 said:
Spy x Family, lame sense of humor.
Ousama Ranking, the most messy things I've ever watched.
Lycoris Recoil, masterpiece of waifu bait.
Agreed about Spy x Family. I can't believe people find Anya's expressions funny.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 16, 2022 7:30 PM

Sep 2020
Gotta be Attack on Titan, I watched the first season because of peer pressure but I honestly couldn't continue. Wasn't for me.
Oct 16, 2022 7:46 PM
Mar 2017
Toradora
Jaku-chara
3D Kanojo Real Girl
Nagatoro
No idea if anyone praises it or not but Plastic Memories
Oni ChiChi - it's just alright, kind of a bit much really to watch compared to other Hentai.

All fine anime I just couldn't get into but finished all but Nagatoro.

Toradora. Ep1-11 enjoyed it, the drama and changes in 12 to the end was confusing and not that enjoyable. I finished it but didn't enjoy it even on rewatches I end it at Ep11. I've seen many anime now with drama than I had back then and some now I could take, others I painfully sat through (Jaku-chara and 3D Kanojo Real Girl both seasons, couldn't take them in sub, sat through not as but still just as painfully through in dub).

Nagatoro, fine anime, not as engaging or a bit too much over what Takagi offered. Takagi I could sit through even if it is more repetitive and still teasing the extent was different. Sure it's still teasing but to me most of the characters weren't as engaging, the situations were just very boring and otherwise I get what they were going for but eh, it kept going on and on and even Nagatoro herself wasn't really that interesting to watch for let alone any side characters I'm having to look for side characters in some shows just to care and there wasn't any then from what I remember. Gave it 5 episodes I think and just gave up.

Plastic Memories, 5 episodes in was good (even if episode 2 was eh but the rest of the series was just another episode 2, how can you have that many writers and still make it like it's episode 2 right after the best it got was episode 4-5 for aspects of the show. I'm fine with romance but nothing worthy happens that the androids going rogue or the day to day was more interesting then trying to get with an android in the most boring ways possible then if that question was asked in other shows and properly. Unlike other shows where I go 'ok get through the nonsense to get to the better stuff, it did the reverse of get the good stuff out of the way and make way for the nonsense which for an original show isn't a good thing to make it 'stand out' from non-original works what a waste).
Suntanned_Duck2Oct 16, 2022 8:22 PM
Oct 16, 2022 7:56 PM

May 2015
How is Kaguya-sama so high on the ranking?
It's mid.
Oct 16, 2022 8:48 PM

Oct 2021
Anohana - all six of them are so shit that I didn't care about the story.

Re:Zero - most characters are annoying af, especially Subaru and Rem.
Oct 16, 2022 9:15 PM

Nov 2017
Death Note - watch the first DVD and just never got into it.
Oct 17, 2022 12:46 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
ummm Grand Blue... it was the lamest comedy... repetitive asf and the faces were not funny

𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 • Faye Webster
...i'll quiet down if it's what you want, i understand
i'm not the only one for you - so tell me what you're
looking for... is it a picture-perfect girl, for you ?
Oct 17, 2022 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
AnimeTyger said:
Crimsunreaper said:

I thought this was a hate thread anyway, so why not let me shitpost in peace?

Not a hate thread. A place to have a civilized conversation about anime that are loved and popular but you didn’t enjoy. If you want to shitpost in peace then make your own thread. Please be respectful and civil in this and I don’t think that’s such hard ask or unreasonable.

"Not a hate thread" and then there's you constantly whining about two goofy ass characters in a damn parody anime.
Oct 17, 2022 1:22 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Yuri on Ice is one. It's pandering fujoshi BL bait. Animation and soundtrack are great and it would've faired so much better if it wasn't obvious what niche demographic it was pandering to.

Serial Experiments Lain is another. While I don't 'hate' it, it is just such a slog to sit through because it's boring and tries way to hard to get its point across.

Fullmetal Alchemist is perhaps my biggest dislike. Now I've not seen any FMA so take my opinion at face value, but I honestly just do not undertsand how it is considered the most perfect anime, being the most highly consistent rated show on MAL and is just universally beloved by everyone. I have no desire to sit through it.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Oct 17, 2022 1:46 AM
Jan 2020
For me it's Attack on titan, I mean the story was good don't get me wrong but people praise it like the best of the best when it comes to anime.
Oct 17, 2022 1:48 AM
Jun 2014
For me it's Re:Zero - gave it 11 episodes and just couldn't vibe with it
Oct 17, 2022 2:02 AM

Feb 2021
Anohana, Horimiya, Kokoro Connect
Oct 17, 2022 2:18 AM

Apr 2016
It's the Monogatari series for me. Maybe because it's SHAFT, maybe just the storyline and characters that I can't find neither interesting nor attractive. I never understood the hype.

Oct 17, 2022 2:34 AM

Jan 2017
This post is mostly directed at thrashing Hunter x Hunter.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Oct 17, 2022 2:39 AM

Jul 2016
Shield Hero / Beasters / Ansatsu Kyoshitsu / Cowboy Bebop / Dr.Stone / Made in Abyss / Jobless Reincarnation / Evangelion / Ranking of Kings / Summer Time Render / Hyouka / JoJo

"We become what we think about"

If you want to succeed in life, plant the next goal you want to achieve in your brain, and work toward achieving that goal. write as specifically as you can the path you need to go through to get to the goal, and If that is really what you wished for, work toward it, and you will achieve it.
Blog

Oct 17, 2022 4:54 AM

Apr 2019
Highschool DxD. My friends like it, people who I've talked to online like it, but I don't.
Oct 17, 2022 5:49 AM
Jun 2021
soniyay said:
ummm Grand Blue... it was the lamest comedy... repetitive asf and the faces were not funny

I totally agree with you...so boring... the comedy was trash...only thing liked about it was its op(the song so good I never skipped)
Oct 17, 2022 6:02 AM
Oct 2022
NotEmp said:
AnimeTyger said:

Not a hate thread. A place to have a civilized conversation about anime that are loved and popular but you didn’t enjoy. If you want to shitpost in peace then make your own thread. Please be respectful and civil in this and I don’t think that’s such hard ask or unreasonable.

"Not a hate thread" and then there's you constantly whining about two goofy ass characters in a damn parody anime.

Did you read the entire conversation between me and them? If not then I suggest going back see the entire exchange. Now maybe I was whining about two characters from a parody anime but not once did I use hateful or insulting language to do so. I didn’t hate on the fans of the show or saying anything that would be considered demeaning or insulting about the characters and the fanbase. I was civilized and respectful where as that person was demeaning and insulting with how they expressed their displeasure of a show and it’s character. Now if you don’t have anything useful to contribute to this conversation then just leave it alone.
AnimeTygerOct 17, 2022 7:16 AM
Oct 17, 2022 9:08 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Khaos_17 said:

I totally agree with you...so boring... the comedy was trash...only thing liked about it was its op(the song so good I never skipped)

Someone agrees w me on this ??? HOLY COW that's rare but tysm guess we don't have bad sense of humour :)

𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 • Faye Webster
...i'll quiet down if it's what you want, i understand
i'm not the only one for you - so tell me what you're
looking for... is it a picture-perfect girl, for you ?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The best Isekai (poll)

Shizuna - 19 seconds ago

0 by Shizuna »»
19 seconds ago

» Which anime character has the coolest theme while being irrelevant in their series

Anjuro - 8 minutes ago

2 by rohan121 »»
2 minutes ago

» The common formula of WW2 anime

JoeChip - 4 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Are people desperate for anime?

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

31 by BilboBaggins365 »»
4 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

12 by Kwanthemaster »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.