Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2009 4:55 PM
Mar 2009
hirahira said:
Maybe some of the people who voted for Battler weren't serious. The mackerel won the EP2 suspicion poll.

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub2/kekka.htm

That's ridiculous.
Dec 24, 2009 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
mel-hime said:

for 26 goddamn episodes I've been reading and watching you people argue and criticize this series , culminating with a BOMB ARGUMENT WITH THOUSANDS OF YOU TUBE LINKS AND THINGS THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE VN CAN'T UNDERSTAND!

We were only trying to help the people who didn't understand certain things by showing them what happened in the VN.
Dec 24, 2009 5:01 PM

Aug 2009
mel-hime said:

It's like it's a total CATASTROPHE JESUS CHRIST FORBID...that DEEN DIDN'T animate the vn's EXACTLY like they are....that was the impression that was left after some of the users on these umineko topics...and if it trully is for you guys a CATASTROPHE...then..sorry to say.....something is definitely wrong with you guys.

^100% agreed with that part

It's like if DEEN didn't animate 1 scene the world was going to end. I hate it when people (vn readers) expected every tiny line to get animated.
Animefan1929Dec 24, 2009 5:08 PM
Dec 24, 2009 5:11 PM
Mar 2009
I'm just glad the anime is over so this silly drama can end.
Dec 24, 2009 5:32 PM

Apr 2007
atleast they stll had the nice piano song in the end just like they have in the VN
Dec 24, 2009 5:42 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah, personally I hope that now that the anime is over some of the more annoying anime fans can gtfo of my fandom.

It's like, god forbid we talk about the actual plot of the story, instead of treating all of the anime viewers like special little flowers who need to be protected from knowledge of the VN.

Also, as a warning, if there's any name-calling or rudeness here, I'm just going to report it again. Posts got deleted last time, and they will this time too. So behave yourselves. Talk about arrogance!
Dec 24, 2009 5:54 PM
Nov 2009
June_1983 said:
Yeah, personally I hope that now that the anime is over some of the more annoying anime fans can gtfo of my fandom.

It's like, god forbid we talk about the actual plot of the story, instead of treating all of the anime viewers like special little flowers who need to be protected from knowledge of the VN.

Also, as a warning, if there's any name-calling or rudeness here, I'm just going to report it again. Posts got deleted last time, and they will this time too. So behave yourselves. Talk about arrogance!

You do realize this is an ANIME ONLY discussion right? You're not suppose to talk about the VN here anyways. Not that I care, but since you're being an arrogant lil dick I just wanted to point it out. You must feel all powerful and superior just because you had the time to finish the VN, how laughable.

Oh ya, I also find it funny how you'd insult the anime viewers, then threaten to report their posts if they turn out to be offensive to you, lol sorry but, how laughable.
conbiniDec 24, 2009 5:57 PM
Dec 24, 2009 5:56 PM

Aug 2009
June_1983 said:

Who's calling eachother names anymore?

No, we Anime-only viewers don't care about the excessive spoilers anymore (Since now you're actually being civilized for once and putting it in spoiler tags), we now care about you people complaining in every single episode discussion.

Us annoying? LOL are you kidding? Jesus, talk about hypocrisy. Now that the anime is over, we don't have to hear you people's constant whining anymore. Thank god.

toratiger said:
June_1983 said:

You do realize this is an ANIME ONLY discussion right? You're not suppose to talk about the VN here anyways. Not that I care, but since you're being an arrogant lil dick I just wanted to point it out. You must feel all powerful and superior just because you had the time to finish the VN, how laughable.

Oh ya, I also find it funny how you'd insult the anime viewers, then threaten to report their posts if they turn out to be offensive to you, lol sorry but, how laughable.

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself!
Dec 24, 2009 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
toratiger said:
I am an anime only viewer. After a whole season I still have no idea what the hell is going on...Plus the ending doesn't expalin anything. Feels like it's made for those who have read the VN. Or perhaps everything that happened so far are simply questions.

i agree
i'm considering reading the vn if it's really that good
i was also a big higurashi fan and was excited for this anime and i've been totally disappointed
maybe i'm just not a good detective bc to me it seems obvious its magic considering everyone's always using magic like the red text.. that's not an everyday thinng lol ^^"
Dec 24, 2009 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
h4l3y said:

maybe i'm just not a good detective bc to me it seems obvious its magic considering everyone's always using magic like the red text.. that's not an everyday thinng lol ^^"

Magic in the Meta-world isn't the same as magic in the real world. Besides, Lambdadelta said in red at the end that Natsuhi was killed with a gun. That's not magic.
Dec 24, 2009 6:03 PM
Mar 2008
ITT: Neither side actually notices how annoying they really are.
Dec 24, 2009 6:07 PM

Aug 2009
PlatinumHawke said:
So, who's premptively raging at the ending?
I know I am!
Me too, it's so wowwwwwwww =(
Hmm, I see.......
Dec 24, 2009 6:20 PM

Oct 2009
Anime by itself: 8.5/10

Anime compared to VN: 4.5/10
Dec 24, 2009 6:29 PM

Oct 2009
Animefan1929 said:

Well, you were a few days ago, up until your posts got reported and deleted. :)

No, we Anime-only viewers don't care about the excessive spoilers anymore (Since now you're actually being civilized for once and putting it in spoiler tags), we now care about you people complaining in every single episode discussion.

Us annoying? LOL are you kidding? Jesus, talk about hypocrisy. Now that the anime is over, we don't have to hear you people's constant whining anymore. Thank god.

I wasn't talking about excessive spoilers. There haven't been excessive spoilers since probably the first few episodes, except for a few isolated jerks. People only bring that up now as an excuse to whine.

You are very, very, very annoying. Because you and a few select others barge into each thread desperate to debate with and complain about any posts any VN make that are slightly critical of the anime. Hell, these days you usually post before any VN players make a critical remark; pre-emptive strike! Don't you realize that nearly everyone finds this annoying, VN readers and anime-watchers too? Your posts have been a blight on this forum for quite awhile ago. You are grade-A troll, and none of your posts have any further meaning or purpose than that.

Of course there are some arrogant and annoying VN readers! But enormous jerks like you have made even people who have been very lenient on the adaptation, like myself -- up until the last few episodes, I've never felt the need to rate an episode below a 4 here or a 7 on Anime Suki -- start to feel ambivalent about a lot of anime-only watchers. Because even if we have a mostly positive view on the anime, if we make any critical remarks at all or dear god, mention the source material for the anime, somehow we become anime-haters and "VNfags". Seriously? This isn't /a/ or /b/. Let's face it, you aren't even /a/ or /b/ material. They'd eat you alive over there.

So as I said. Keep pushing and misbehaving, and you'll have to face the consequences. You're treading the line and trying to avoid going just far enough that you'll actually get in trouble, but don't worry. I have faith in you. You are too much of a troll not to get in trouble again. :)

As Ange would say, "Have a nice dream. See you in hell." :)

toratiger said:

I did not insult the anime-viewers, or even refer to them in a broad-sweeping manner. Please try re-reading my post. I said there are some anime-only viewers who I hope I won't have to see in Umineko discussions anymore. I didn't call you a "fag". I wasn't even referring to you, because, to be honest, I don't recall ever reading any of your posts before.

The moderators are already aware of the behavior of some posts here. It's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last.
Dec 24, 2009 6:38 PM

Dec 2009
^ June1983, this is an ANIME-ONLY discussion. You shouldn't be posting VN material here anyway no matter what, even if it's in spoiler tags. What part don't you understand?
Dec 24, 2009 6:46 PM
Mar 2008
>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

I don't see anything that states, or implies, that you can't discuss the source material, as long as you aren't overshooting where the anime is in terms of the storyline. Before I stopped paying attention to these threads, that's usually what was posted; Youtube videoes of the sound novels that pertained to the episode being discussed.
Dec 24, 2009 6:53 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
The part I found funny was the ending with Bern and Lambda. Ange's scene with Battler was another tearjerker, and I hated to see her die.

Good season. Can't wait for another one!
Most certainly:

There will be a second season of Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

=P theyd have to at least make an OVA to finish it up XD
-renn-Dec 24, 2009 6:57 PM
Dec 24, 2009 6:58 PM

Oct 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
^ June1983, this is an ANIME-ONLY discussion. You shouldn't be posting VN material here anyway no matter what, even if it's in spoiler tags. What part don't you understand?

What part don't YOU understand??? This is not about posting VN spoilers! This is about people talking about the storyline of the episode in question. If you've seen the VN, it is impossible to talk about the episode and not also talk about the corresponding scenes in the VN. You DON'T post spoilers. You compare the scenes and give your opinion on them, and if there were scenes that were left out, talking about those are NOT spoilers -- I'm sorry, but that's just the way things are. There is NO BAN on talking about the VN in these threads. NONE at all.

Most VN players just want to be able to talk about the show and the storyline, but we aren't allowed to, because our opinions are constantly criticized by a small minority of posters here who are rude and out-of-control. We get tons of abuse heaped on us and then if we respond to it we're criticized for that, too. It's pathetic.

Lately I don't even bother to discuss the actual episode here, because I'm not going to be able to have a civilized conversation here anyway. There are better places. I still keep reading these threads, mainly because I do like to read the responses of some of the anime-only viewers, but when I see ridiculous bullshit like this, I can't help but say something. It's a disgrace the way a few posters have been allowed to run rampant in these threads and ruin them for discussion.
Dec 24, 2009 6:58 PM

Aug 2009
June_1983 said:
Animefan1929 said:

Well, you were a few days ago, up until your posts got reported and deleted. :)

I wasn't talking about excessive spoilers. There haven't been excessive spoilers since probably the first few episodes, except for a few isolated jerks. People only bring that up now as an excuse to whine.

You are very, very, very annoying. Because you and a few select others barge into each thread desperate to debate with and complain about any posts any VN make that are slightly critical of the anime. Hell, these days you usually post before any VN players make a critical remark; pre-emptive strike! Don't you realize that nearly everyone finds this annoying, VN readers and anime-watchers too? Your posts have been a blight on this forum for quite awhile ago. You are grade-A troll, and none of your posts have any further meaning or purpose than that.

Of course there are some arrogant and annoying VN readers! But enormous jerks like you have made even people who have been very lenient on the adaptation, like myself -- up until the last few episodes, I've never felt the need to rate an episode below a 4 here or a 7 on Anime Suki -- start to feel ambivalent about a lot of anime-only watchers. Because even if we have a mostly positive view on the anime, if we make any critical remarks at all or dear god, mention the source material for the anime, somehow we become anime-haters and "VNfags". Seriously? This isn't /a/ or /b/. Let's face it, you aren't even /a/ or /b/ material. They'd eat you alive over there.

No, you become VNfags and Anime haters when you repeatedly say that "Deen is horrible and this anime sucks" which most of you people are doing. Slightly critical? Don't you EVER read these episode discussions? It's always something like this: "DEEN Sucks. this is the worst adaptation ever, I hate this anime because they did not include the small bomb scene and Battler X Beato hugging scene! VN is so much better then this pile of garbage and it's a fact. Deen is so lazy and are just a bunch of idiots!"

Now, Imagine hearing that in every episode discussion, for 26 weeks. So you're saying that we are more annoying then them? We anime-only watchers didn't complain since a few weeks ago. They started back in July. And I don't recall doing a pre-emptive strike on any episode discussion. Probably others do, but I have no control of them what so ever.

So as I said. Keep pushing and misbehaving, and you'll have to face the consequences. You're treading the line and trying to avoid going just far enough that you'll actually get in trouble, but don't worry. I have faith in you. You are too much of a troll not to get in trouble again. :)

As Ange would say, "Have a nice dream. See you in hell." :)

^ Isn't that an insult right there?

toratiger said:

I did not insult the anime-viewers, or even refer to them in a broad-sweeping manner. Please try re-reading my post. I said there are some anime-only viewers who I hope I won't have to see in Umineko discussions anymore. I didn't call you a "fag". I wasn't even referring to you, because, to be honest, I don't recall ever reading any of your posts before.

The moderators are already aware of the behavior of some posts here. It's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last.
Dec 24, 2009 7:01 PM
Nov 2009
June_1983 said:

Because these boards are usually full of VN materials, I usually don't post in these discussions since I have only read chapter 1 of the VN. Not that i care it's just that I dont feel like posting about something I haven't read, since it seems the anime only boards instantly turn into a VN debate. I directed my last post at you simply because I thought you were being a lil dick. Saying how you were sick of refraining yourself from talking about the VN because of all the anime viewers. Which I found aggrogant.
Dec 24, 2009 7:13 PM

Jun 2007
In Umineko's case, the VN fanbase is larger than the anime fanbase because the VNs hae been translated for over a year before the anime started.

So yeah, the majority of Umineko fans are VN readers and that won't change. If a VN reader says the anime sucks or ruined something and you don't agree with it, then ignore them. You're not going to convince them otherwise. VN readers don't go around posting spoilers like anime watchers tend to believe. Posting information omitted isn't a spoiler. Without all the supplementary information, things would be a lot more confusing. If you don't want extra information then don't read it. It's there for those that want it.
Dec 24, 2009 7:16 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
also as i said over at my blog @http://www.sirensrequiem.wordpress.com, I loved the last part with Bern and Lambda. I go into more detail over there lol

Also, did anyone else notice the "crying seagulls" at the end? I thought it was a last ditch effort to remind us about the title. lol still it made me laugh
-renn-Dec 24, 2009 7:32 PM
Dec 24, 2009 7:52 PM
Jul 2008
Kinzo looked so weird as a dragon by the way. I imagined it to be more... you know, sinister.

MarthX said:
In Umineko's case, the VN fanbase is larger than the anime fanbase because the VNs hae been translated for over a year before the anime started.

So yeah, the majority of Umineko fans are VN readers and that won't change. If a VN reader says the anime sucks or ruined something and you don't agree with it, then ignore them. You're not going to convince them otherwise. VN readers don't go around posting spoilers like anime watchers tend to believe. Posting information omitted isn't a spoiler. Without all the supplementary information, things would be a lot more confusing. If you don't want extra information then don't read it. It's there for those that want it.
I honestly don't see what the problem is. Anyone can say anything, and anyone can ignore anything as well. Regardless if they're being condescending or not, it shouldn't bother you. It's sad.

And yet, people still choose to respond to those types of posts anyway. It makes 0 sense logically. The more you do it the more you'll have to put up with. Everyone acts like anything critical is not aimed at the anime, but, at the people themselves. Grow up, and move on. That's what I've been seeing with my own eyes this whole season in these discussions.
pnayDec 24, 2009 7:58 PM
Dec 24, 2009 8:41 PM

Feb 2009
"Who am I?" My guess, his mother 0.0
Dec 24, 2009 8:59 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
@HypnoInsanity

His dragon form was weird. I didnt care too much for it in the precious 30 seconds (if that) that it was on the screen. I was glad it went away. It was ugly anyway lol

A good dragon form for Kinzo would've been the Red Eyes Black Dragon from YuGiOh lol
Dec 24, 2009 9:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
laserjay151 said:
"Who am I?" My guess, his mother 0.0

lol.

very disappointing ending. DEEN must have really screwed it up.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 24, 2009 9:35 PM

Nov 2009
Well that ending didnt explain much ._., i hope they make another season!
Dec 24, 2009 9:36 PM
May 2009
I know this may be alittle off topic...but was the anime any good? I have only watched up to episode 13, and don't know if I should continue or not. It seemed really confusing and pointless, but did it get better? I don't want to waste my winter break on something that turns out to be horrible. :/
Dec 24, 2009 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
RDX said:
Well that ending didnt explain much ._., i hope they make another season!

They probably will, don't worry. Though it is supposed to be solvable by EP4. But Ryukishi was talking about the VN when he said that not the anime. I really don't think the anime is solvable.
Dec 24, 2009 9:44 PM
Sep 2007
So-so.
Dec 24, 2009 9:50 PM
Oct 2009
ANIMATE CHIRU! ANIMATE CHIRU! FINISH IT!!
Dec 24, 2009 10:11 PM
Feb 2008
by the way, did anybody think that bernkastel was rika from higurashi?
Dec 24, 2009 10:12 PM
Apr 2009
She's not.
Dec 24, 2009 10:15 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
zeropi said:
by the way, did anybody think that bernkastel was rika from higurashi?

Bernkastel is totally not Rika. Theres theories all over. Find the one that suits you lol

Dont make me use the red. =P
Dec 24, 2009 10:15 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Symphonica said:
ANIMATE CHIRU! ANIMATE CHIRU! FINISH IT!!

i agree.
Dec 24, 2009 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
....What the fuck did I just watch?
Dec 24, 2009 10:21 PM
Sep 2007
Bernkastel is Rika.
Dec 24, 2009 10:31 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
*sigh*

Bernkastel is not Rika.

Dec 24, 2009 10:34 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Dethbryte said:
....What the fuck did I just watch?

Higurashi+magic=umineko lol
Dec 24, 2009 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
Eh, it was okay. I read the VN, and I don't think this was the best adaptation, but c'mon. It could have been worse. All of this arguing is just ridiculous.

Don't really have much to say about the episode itself, other than the music being stellar. I'm assuming the cliffhanger ending = second season? If so, I'll probably watch it. Partly because my little brother gets so excited when we watch Umineko, it's adorable.
Dec 24, 2009 10:55 PM

Jun 2007
....What...wait.....why.....*head explodes*.

They didn't confirm nor deny anything we've been hypothesizing since the beginning >:( damn it! Kinzo being dead before the game started was probably the only thing "true" but even so it wasn't verified in red (which I still have trouble approving as truth).

Ange's random blood didn't seem so random to me. She technically died twice assuming you take things for face value. The first time was when she jumped off the building (which we later learn that she was saved due to an over hang to prevent suicide jumpers) and the second time when she gets killed on the island while using "magic" to kill Eva's body guards (which "magic" was her deference). In reality she got shot several times while someone else picked off the body guards. I think the blood tripping all over was just to show that she has indeed dead already, similar to how Jessica was brought back to life for 10 min and then when the time was up blood rushed out all over the place as her face caved in. The only difference being Ange's body magically disappeared.

As much as I disliked how they used magic in this mystery series, I still look forward to a second season. I just hope they don't sacrifice mystery and logic over Magic again.
Dec 24, 2009 11:01 PM

Jun 2008
DeathfireD said:

They didn't confirm nor deny anything we've been hypothesizing since the beginning >:( damn it! Kinzo being dead before the game started was probably the only thing "true" but even so it wasn't verified in red (which I still have trouble approving as truth).

It was supposed to be verified in red along with some other stuff like Kanon not being murdered or commiting suicide or dying in accident in EP1. And yet the anime-only people still keep saying that nothing important was left out...
Dec 24, 2009 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
Just my two cents, but I thought this series was just all over the map. While I thought the animation was pretty good, and there certainly where some great plot twists and "O Snap" moments, I thought the character, plot consistencies has the same pace like an episode of BoBoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo or something.

After reading some of the comments for this show, it seems the VN makes much more use"tea room" or what I call the actual "game" part, which, in my opinion, is probably one of the most important parts of the show.Does the VN actually make better use of this? There seems to be some really cool logic tricks here, and I think the anime's ADD nature ruined it by including one two minutes every few episodes then cutting to everyone getting killed or magic or whatnot (which I don't mind in the least bit)
Dec 25, 2009 12:01 AM

Jun 2008
They do spend more time on the Meta-World scenes in the VN.
Dec 25, 2009 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
Beato's Who Am I = Asumu.

ne?
Dec 25, 2009 12:27 AM
Sep 2007
Battler...
I... ...am your Mother...!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Dec 25, 2009 12:29 AM

Apr 2008
Bernkastel is Oyashiro.

lul. Stupid cliffhangers. They shoulda made umineko 100 episodes.

And put in all that stuff you VN readers/watchers said they left out.
Dec 25, 2009 12:38 AM

Apr 2008
blahrgness said:
Bernkastel is Oyashiro.

lul. Stupid cliffhangers. They shoulda made umineko 100 episodes.

And put in all that stuff you VN readers/watchers said they left out.

Ah what a unfulfillable dream. But a good one none the less. *dreams on*
Dec 25, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
I prefer the fanmade animated ending for obvious reasons.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Dec 25, 2009 12:53 AM

Apr 2008
It had LOVE. That's the difference. Love to the series that is
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 14, 2009

169 by alenaphoenix »»
Sep 10, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Sep 9, 2009

236 by alenaphoenix »»
Sep 9, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Aug 19, 2009

338 by akuma-ka-sareta »»
Jul 23, 11:01 AM

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.