Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 31, 2022 3:19 PM
Jan 2022
man as a non-idiot middle schooler this hurt to watch a bit. the immaturity is painful
Aug 31, 2022 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
WTF is he reading?! :O

Aug 31, 2022 3:41 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty typical cringe way some middle schoolers would break up. So I guess it's not unbelievable in that sense. This did paint Yume in a worse light tho which maybe I shouldn't be surprised about. At least Mizuto sort of tried to apologize and reach out. I'm sure these two never had a proper conversation about their feelings in the time they were together so you know.

This show really failed to meet my expectations of being hot incest trash. Instead it's trying to be this kinda mediocre romcom thing.
Aug 31, 2022 3:44 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty real stuff, u can understand both sides, good ep

My Candies:

Aug 31, 2022 3:46 PM

Nov 2012
Natsuo7 said:
Natsuo7 said:
THE REASON FOR BREAKUP
IN MANGA AND ANINE IS DEFERENT.
😕😕

MANGA STORY AND ANIME STORY IS DIFFERENT

pls some context my friend

My Candies:

Aug 31, 2022 3:47 PM

May 2021
Well, that was certainly the best episode so far, seeing as it finally gave us context into what happened between Irido and Yume and a Metamorphosis reference. It's simple - poor communication destroyed their relationship. Which is pretty much the leading cause for most break-ups so no surprises here.

Aug 31, 2022 3:50 PM
May 2020
This episode made me want to punch yume in the throat so hard that her name would be ayai again
Aug 31, 2022 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
As for relationship between two midle school students, sexual frustration seems like a pretty mature reason to break up. I wouldn't be surprised if she later accused him of too low a salary.
Aug 31, 2022 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
Thought this was the best episode of the series so far. Found myself saying a lot of the time "Yes he's right about that." and "Yep she has a point." But more so favoring Irido over Yume. They both knew what they did wrong but Irido had a genuine heartfelt apology and Yume just made things worse because the Library was their "Special PLace" ITS THE FUCKING LIBRARY
This episode kinda broke my heart as well. Seeing Yume alone at the Festival, Christmas and Valentines was kinda sad.

So we get their backstory only to come back to current day where they are arguing with each other...only for each of them to realize...they wanted to smash...alright now this leads into how this series will end. Let's see some fireworks please.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 31, 2022 4:05 PM
Mar 2021
What the hell they read I want to eat your pancreas and no one cried? This is bs.
Aug 31, 2022 4:24 PM

Nov 2009
with this back story i definitely see why the main couple broke up and honestly should stay not a couple even thou i cheered them on till now this episode just cements it for me Irito is a chicken and lost full respect from me
Hi !!!
Aug 31, 2022 4:31 PM

Jan 2019
Okay so before this episode I wanted Irido and Yume to get back together, and I'm pretty sure that's what the writer intends the ending to be.

But their break-up is so badly written, I assume the intention was to make it seem like a mutual miscommunication situation, but it's not mutual.

Irido straight up apoligises for lashing out, explaining that he was growing jealous and insecure and what does Yume do? Accuse him of cheating, because he had a conversation with another girl in a public space, and never apoligises. She's clearly the one in the wrong here.

It's a shame because I was rooting for Yume for the whole show up to this point and they have great chemistry outside of the flashback.

Aug 31, 2022 5:22 PM

Sep 2018
These guys really just fucking read a whole damn book, the same damn book, together, in one go. No wonder they split up, that's some psychopath shit.
Aug 31, 2022 5:44 PM
Mar 2021
so after suzumia we a got a pencrease reference.
Aug 31, 2022 5:47 PM
Jan 2019
ForeverTraitor said:
Okay so before this episode I wanted Irido and Yume to get back together, and I'm pretty sure that's what the writer intends the ending to be.

But their break-up is so badly written, I assume the intention was to make it seem like a mutual miscommunication situation, but it's not mutual.

Irido straight up apoligises for lashing out, explaining that he was growing jealous and insecure and what does Yume do? Accuse him of cheating, because he had a conversation with another girl in a public space, and never apoligises. She's clearly the one in the wrong here.

It's a shame because I was rooting for Yume for the whole show up to this point and they have great chemistry outside of the flashback.

This, so much this. (though I don't necessarily think its badly written - pretty sure this sh!t happens in real life)

All the previous posts about misunderstanding - there wasn't any... Both knew they were in the wrong. The only difference is, Irido does the decent thing and reaches out to apologise for his own mistake, and for attempting to initiate patching things up even though Yume never apologises...

And there is no mutual miscommunication - there was only one direction the communication needed to come from! Not only did she not apologise, but Yume straight up blanked him after giving the "ok" to patch things up!

TBH, all the crap about sacred places (which is public) and her ownership that chair (owned by the school)... I think he was lucky to get away from her!
Aug 31, 2022 6:31 PM
Jun 2017
Their past has been aired on this episode... sometimes JEALOUSNESS, PRIDE/ EGO can break a relationship...

and also there are times that a relationship will be challenged and one of which is ABOUT TIME!!! Many couples are breaking up because of that TIME... thats why you make sure you balance your friendship and love stuff.
Aug 31, 2022 6:51 PM
Aug 2022
knktzvra said:
Natsuo7 said:

MANGA STORY AND ANIME STORY IS DIFFERENT

pls some context my friend

MANGA AND ANIME CHARACTER IS SAME BUT SOME STORY IS DIFFERENT

YOU WANT READ MANGA - https://mangadex.org/title/05f282b4-5010-48ff-8729-90059e90de57/mamahaha-no-tsurego-ga-moto-kanodatta
Aug 31, 2022 6:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, it’s definitely a shame to see how Mizuto and Yume relationship ended in middle school, the way I see it is that initially Yume was in the wrong with her cheating accusation and then not apologizing even though Mizuto did, but then it was an issue of miscommunication where the two of them didn’t make any effort to contact one another, but Yume was silly for thinking Mizuto would just show up at the festival or during Christmas lol, but I did like this flashback a lot and it adds more to their current relationship.

Speaking of the current relationship, the sister and bro shenanigans are happening as usual, and then the two of them realize that they were both expecting fun sexy time when they were alone at Mizuto’s house as a couple lol, honestly maybe they should be thankful they didn’t or we’d have a similar situation to one aspect of Domestic Girlfriend lol. Also is it me or was Yume packing an ass in that last bit, maybe it was just drawn weird but it is now my headcanon lol.
Aug 31, 2022 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
as someone that typically skips the flashbacks for how painfully generic they are this was a slog to get through but hey we found out that a couple of shy middle schoolers broke up for a real dumb reason

both were wrong and right but Yume kinda took the cake for too many wrongs while at least Mizuto realized he went to far and apologized
Aug 31, 2022 7:09 PM

Feb 2019
Reading kimisui together?? Omg Lord when will I have that type of love. I would’ve been crying like a baby.
Aug 31, 2022 8:14 PM
Aug 2021
The different chemistry between Irido and Yume during their relationship and them being siblings is gold
Aug 31, 2022 8:14 PM
Nov 2015
5cm per second only to reel it back in
Aug 31, 2022 8:23 PM

May 2019
A heavier episode than we're used to, but a necessary one. Without it, the show would've never gone beyond superficial, but it has some real freedom to delve deep now.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 31, 2022 9:11 PM

Apr 2015
TaxemicSpark said:
Is it just me or is Yume the one who is mainly at fault, as she expects Mizuto to do everything while making no effort herself

Yeah for real, she's even the one who started the whole irrational "you betrayed me," when Irido was feeling left behind himself with actually relatable concerns. Irido waiting for her to say something to make it better was not the right decision because she doesn't move at all.

In the end, they're both at fault, but oh boy, Yume...
Aug 31, 2022 9:18 PM
Aug 2013
No Higashira in this episode, waste of time.
Aug 31, 2022 9:48 PM
Nov 2021
Good👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Aug 31, 2022 9:51 PM
Nov 2021
Nah, bro... I changed my mind on Irido, bro was a bitch back then and then he rejected Higarashi cuz of Yume🤦‍♂️. And bro didn't even contact Yume for like months💀
Aug 31, 2022 9:53 PM

Mar 2021
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GREAT EPISODE YESYESYESYESYES RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT YES I LOVE IT
Aug 31, 2022 10:49 PM
Aug 2016
pues, un episodio bastante normal donde vemos el pasado de ambos, asi que nada muy serio que comentar.
Aug 31, 2022 10:50 PM
Jun 2022
If I watchig this as teenager I would be annoying af. But looking this from adult view, it kinda expect though, that's how teenager and immature middle schooler would act. I probably didn't do it any better if I was in their shoe.
Aug 31, 2022 11:25 PM
May 2019
Now matter how stupid it was, at least we now know why they broke up, lol
Sep 1, 2022 12:09 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know how do i supposed to look this... They were both immature, sure. And i totally think she should not expect some miracle from heaven about her boyfriend to just show up. But this episode just made me get angry with how stupid Mizuto was lol. Idk if he is just dense or really arrogant in point of be brainless. He did a false reconciliation with Yume just to not talk direct with her at all, where is the man on this relationship.
Sep 1, 2022 12:39 AM

Feb 2021
Ahhhh the weird Ass relationship backstory!!!!

Wait... that was actually kinda good

Sep 1, 2022 12:46 AM
Aug 2021
All I can say is this episode was a woman moment
Sep 1, 2022 1:13 AM
Jul 2020
Im not into backstories that dont give us much info but it was alright ig?
Sep 1, 2022 1:14 AM
Jan 2021
They actually circled back to the “wimping out” conversation in the end scene. Lmao. That conversation originally should’ve happened in the first episode during the whole towel incident.
Sep 1, 2022 1:51 AM
Feb 2022
TaxemicSpark said:
Is it just me or is Yume the one who is mainly at fault, as she expects Mizuto to do everything while making no effort herself

this is like womens r in rl too soo it's normal I guess haha
Sep 1, 2022 2:07 AM
Jan 2021
Yume sucks lmao, didn't even think about apologizing once even though she threw out a stupid accusation...AND Irido apologizes anyway multiple times.

In conclusion, Higashira is way better
zrovroSep 1, 2022 2:12 AM
Sep 1, 2022 2:56 AM
Apr 2020
Yume is just the dumbest person ever and every sentence she says, is bullshit.
Every thought she thinks is dumb.
She is the reason why Mizuto has to go through so much trouble.
He did nothing wrong at all and she is just like, "Oh yeah, we didn't make up here".
Well of course not if you're not even saying anything...dumb.
Sep 1, 2022 4:38 AM

Jan 2021
In this episode we got to see into their past a little, how they started their relationship and how it ended with an breakup, tbh Mizuto was jealous because Yume was making friends but he thought that they were drifting apart but on the other i understand the side from Mizuto, but Yume went and threw all of those words against Mizuto without any evidence since Mizuto was only explaining an book lmao, she was triggered fast and that led to their breakup kinda.

I did love the easter egg though to "I Want To Eat Your Pancreas", that was an beautiful movie imo.

I can genuinely say that this episode was put well together.
__andre__Sep 1, 2022 4:42 AM
Sep 1, 2022 4:50 AM

Jan 2021
TovarishTony said:
They picked the wrong romance light novel right there. Yume have to be a sickly girl if she wants to be like Sakura from KimiSui. I would personally recommend for both Mizuto and Yume to read the Oregairu LNs and see how Hachiman goes through this.

That stupidity the entire episode like might as well change the title to "Irido-kun and Ayai-chan can't communicate". I can't believe I have to use this infamous quote in this case... Do you guys have phones??? Sure they do have but man use it the way it's meant to use it. Simple communication could've fixed this problem instead of waiting for months doing nothing instead of trying to talk and fix the issue themselves.

This is just painful to watch at the same time, was actually laughing on how stupid those two are. Higashira is the best girl on this show hands down!

I see it more realistic that way...scenes with both holding the phone but why to call? When they did "reconcile" things went even worse, they didnt want to see each other (well more on irido's side) and she was hurt thinking he did cheat on her so she wanted him to write her...(well and mantain the "creation of memories" promise)

Not just communication but also pride issues involved...and he wanted her to apologize which she never did so...they did let the relationship die.

But yes, as an Oregairu's fan, he loves 8man for sure.
Sep 1, 2022 4:51 AM
Mar 2019
The amount of Deja Vu i experienced in this episode is unreal. I never thought that a silly and goofy anime with tones of ecchi would be so deep and build actual great characters. Not your typical "insert yourself" char, but with a whole, fleshed out and with love made personality. And the Girl is not some dumb off the shelf anime girl, but a girl that is grounded in reality and can actually exist like that. Even the situations are plausible and happened to a lot of us. Be it from the male or female side.
Love this
Sep 1, 2022 5:19 AM
Jun 2021
EPS 9 IS GOOD, I LIKE IT!!
Sep 1, 2022 5:31 AM
Mar 2022
Definitely the best and heaviest episode so far, finally seeing how their relationship break down right after that start due to their immaturity and lack of communication is pretty depressing even though its already an established fact.
Sep 1, 2022 6:23 AM
Jul 2014
I LOVED IT! Best episode of the season so far.
Oppai-Duragon 00
Sep 1, 2022 6:29 AM
Jan 2022
my stepmother daughter is my ex episode 9 my opinion on it is okay base on they give us a backstory on how they broke up
Sep 1, 2022 7:16 AM

Jul 2021
The more we are finding out about their relationship from middle school, the more I find it fucked up for everyone to expect them to act like siblings. They are ex's before step-siblings.

The starting part caught me off-guard, for a second I thought it was a kiss between current Mizuto and Ayai and I started questioning did I miss a few episodes.

LMAO the last part though.

This was easily the best episode till now. Got the much needed back story of Mizuto and Ayai's relationship. It was a complete and normal relationship between two middle school students, it made sense why Ayai acted how she acted (immaturity) and why Mizuto said what he said.

Why the hell didn't either of them cry while reading I want to eat your pancreas, what's wrong with these kids? But lmao Ayai repeatedly closing eyes expecting a kiss.

It was Ayai's first time making friends so of course she was gonna talk about them a lot, she probably didn't realise it was irritating Mizuto to keep hearing about her friends when she's not spending any time with him.

Accusing Mizuto like that was such an immature thing to do and Ayai undertood that later.

We got a whole summary of how thier relationship used to be like. It's pretty safe to assume (and we can see that too) that both of them still like each other a lot, which just makes them acting like step-siblings and living in same house so difficult.

Seriosult though, the conversation between them in the last part was so hilarious. I can't believe they talk like that about their past, completely admitting everything lmao.

6/5 episode.

Edit: everyone is talking about a book Mizuto is reading, "The metamorphosis" and it made me pretty intruiged to read it. i know what i'm doing next.
TsutanaiFuunSep 1, 2022 7:27 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 1, 2022 7:18 AM

Dec 2021
falko92 said:
TovarishTony said:
They picked the wrong romance light novel right there. Yume have to be a sickly girl if she wants to be like Sakura from KimiSui. I would personally recommend for both Mizuto and Yume to read the Oregairu LNs and see how Hachiman goes through this.

That stupidity the entire episode like might as well change the title to "Irido-kun and Ayai-chan can't communicate". I can't believe I have to use this infamous quote in this case... Do you guys have phones??? Sure they do have but man use it the way it's meant to use it. Simple communication could've fixed this problem instead of waiting for months doing nothing instead of trying to talk and fix the issue themselves.

This is just painful to watch at the same time, was actually laughing on how stupid those two are. Higashira is the best girl on this show hands down!

I see it more realistic that way...scenes with both holding the phone but why to call? When they did "reconcile" things went even worse, they didnt want to see each other (well more on irido's side) and she was hurt thinking he did cheat on her so she wanted him to write her...(well and mantain the "creation of memories" promise)

Not just communication but also pride issues involved...and he wanted her to apologize which she never did so...they did let the relationship die.

But yes, as an Oregairu's fan, he loves 8man for sure.

I'm going to watch I am Blue, in Pain and Fragile which is the one Mizuto read with another girl where there's a live action movie based on that LN on Netflix.

Problem is Mizuto didn't even talk about KimiSui after reading that LN with Yume like no reaction at all whether he or Yume cried or something. There's going to be a ton of quotes from Oregairu that would suit Mizuto.
Sep 1, 2022 8:18 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus man, that felt so real, I hate it, it hurts lmao. That was a really great episode, it was great to see what led to their breakup and the hilarious scene at the end was the icing on the cake. From personal experience, time apart can do some wonderful things too, like make you reflect on what happened, what went wrong and all that. I think that's what's happening here as well, they had time to grow, so if ever Mizuto and Yume ends up back together, step-siblings be damned, I think they'll have a more healthy relationship.
Sep 1, 2022 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
The directing was so great in this episode. It explained so much with very few explicit dialogues.

Episodes like this is the reason why I will never stop watching anime. 5/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

195 by Spriite1 »»
May 7, 7:14 AM

» A question for the Light Novel readers

ArashikageX - May 2

16 by Ninjanime »»
May 2, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.