Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 22, 2022 2:18 PM
Oct 2016
this is the average shonen manga arc ending
but this is a seinen and it's written worse than any average shonen

was the homunculus even relevant? that guy literally appeared twice and did nothing. His partners? I don't care about them I don't even remember who they are

The main villain? Explained almost nothing and disappeared after power of friendship holy ray. His old friend? I don't remember her name either

Maybe I would care about Rishia's relationship with Naofumi if it weren't almost inexistent

I've not read the light novel, but the one who decided adapting it like this seems to hate it or smth
Jun 22, 2022 2:29 PM

Jan 2017
It was not a great season. I hope it picks up in S3. I spotted one of my favorite characters at the end. In the cage next to the Slave Trader.

KamijouToumaIBJun 22, 2022 2:35 PM
Jun 22, 2022 2:44 PM
May 2022
Rytakahashi09 said:
Yaggamy said:

The anime cut this out. But basically while Raphtalia and Glass spars in the castle she confesses that she loves Kizuna.

I knew it lol. Cheers

hope she will get well soon
Jun 22, 2022 2:45 PM
Jun 2020
just fuck raphtalia killing those 3 girls they just wanted to bring ther person they loved back to live she is so annoying makes me wanna go to the other world to get revenger for the girls
Jun 22, 2022 2:54 PM

Aug 2019
smoltulip said:
Yaggamy said:

The anime cut this out. But basically while Raphtalia and Glass spars in the castle she confesses that she loves Kizuna.

Ahhh would have loved to see this animated, thank you for this~

It's chapter 77 from the manga, if you're interested in reading that scene.
Jun 22, 2022 3:00 PM
Aug 2019
MC is a big idiot. Complain about a girl when you have the choice to not accept her in your party and you know her intentions from day one. Cring asf. Worst after those insults statement the fool still have her in her party. The whiny MC stupid asf and most of the audience fail to realize it. I hate the Green hair bitch but the MC is no different regarding brains
Jun 22, 2022 3:12 PM

Sep 2008
Zuit said:
nyugvo6 said:

if you ask my opinion, yes. about that bad. read the manga if you feel like it, I guarantee you that it's a better experience. I enjoyed it a lot, which is why the anime rubs me the wrong way. I wanted to see the story adapted, not sit through a subpar watered down rewrite.

Im so sorry for these things... Why let down a whole community if they make anime to promote the source material? It feels like that they purposefully make these otherwise masterpieces bad to force you to read the source for better experience like reverse psychology or some shit...

I honestly think they "wanted to appeal to an international audience"
Producers: Frontier Works, AT-X, Nippon Columbia, Glovision, Good Smile Company, Sammy, Crunchyroll, Kadokawa Media House, NTT Plala, Kadokawa

https://variety.com/2020/streaming/asia/crunchyroll-joanne-waage-anime-growing-i-1234823407/
somebody here on mal once said that normies would dislike a constantly angry naofumi.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jun 22, 2022 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
Well this episode was more in line with S1 with just the right amount of edginess, it is a shame to read here that so much was skipped, like Glass confessing her love to Kizuna, Kizuna single handedly saved this season for me, hopefully it gets better on S3, specially that there aren't any problems with the animation like on the past few episodes, isn't this the final episode tho? it felt as much of a finale with a teaser for S3 and everything.

I do feel bad about Rishia, she got told everything and then Naofumi didn't deny it but at the same time she didn't say it wasn't true either.
Jun 22, 2022 3:49 PM
Oct 2013
Big disappointment this season was..
Jun 22, 2022 4:14 PM

Sep 2017
Wait this is the finale and the "final" episode is a recap... ? Yeah okay I think the absurd decision sums up this season.
Jun 22, 2022 5:01 PM

Dec 2018
The post-credit scenes really made this look like a final episode, the final screen announcing the name of the next episode is also missing, yet sources list this season as 13 episodes long...

Maybe the next one will be a summary? If it's going to be treated as a "12.5" I'd actually prefer if MAL had a separate entry for it and listed the season as 12 episodes.

Anyway, I'll wait until next week to see what they are going to come up with ^^.

Jun 22, 2022 5:05 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was as terrible as the rest of the show.

Some highlights for your reading displeasure (feel free to add some in a reply, I beg you):

• Naofumi's background of having no experience with games, which allowed him to level up unbiased by video game logic which is what made him more powerful than the other 3 heroes, get's completely ret-conned in the first 20 seconds of the episode.
• The Rage Shield, one of the only things this show had left that was actually interesting and made it bearable to watch, get's essentially booted and replaced by the cringy, boring Turtle Shield.
• Rishia once again deus ex machina's a win against Kyo, last time being a physical deus ex machina, this time being an emotional one.
• One thing I will actually praise is Naofumi's outburst at Rishia, thank god someone actually tried to put her in her place, even if it was just a bait-and-switch.
• Ost appeared oh for fucks sake. Ost was a NOTHING CHARACTER. I cringe at the mere MENTION OF HER NAME. STOP. PRETENDING. SHE. WAS. IMPORTANT. The best thing she ever did was commit suicide.
• During the generic 'super laser finisher move' Naofumi basically spells out his emotional triumph to the audience, because they sure as hell can't deliver emotional payoffs the normal way, given how they treated Ost's death like it was the fall of christ.
• Naofumi confirms at the end that a wave hit his world around the time the wave in Kizuna's world hit. So he really did just abandon his world to be destroyed by a wave for no reason other than the turtle's vial of soul juice. I guess it's like the equivalent of medieval magic crack in this show. Good job, Naofumi.
Jun 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Jan 2021
A much stronger episode than any other for this season. Although this season was filled with rushed trash, that's not saying much. Honestly I like the last 10 or minutes of this episode. The preview of season three is awesome. Dragon/Naofumi calling Rishita a whore, trying to get into the Bow Hero's pants got a solid laugh out of me. Of course them defeating Kyo was very satisfying. I hated OST but loved the way she returned as an angel living inside Naofumi's shield. The turtle shield has a dope design.

The beast girls were stupid side bosses, same with the zombie. Also as much as I like seeing Kyo get beaten the moment doesn't feel earned. Also no one ever explained why Rishita is able to resist gravity magic.

We still have another episode after this one. Which is surprising because this one felt like a finale to me. Makes me wonder if Kyo is still alive and trying to kill Naofumi in one last ditch effort. Or maybe its going to be a segway for the third season.
PurpleMagicJun 22, 2022 5:25 PM
Jun 22, 2022 5:27 PM

Aug 2019
TigersAndDragons said:

Some highlights for your reading displeasure (feel free to add some in a reply, I beg you):

• Naofumi's background of having no experience with games, which allowed him to level up unbiased by video game logic which is what made him more powerful than the other 3 heroes, get's completely ret-conned in the first 20 seconds of the episode.
• The Rage Shield, one of the only things this show had left that was actually interesting and made it bearable to watch, get's essentially booted and replaced by the cringy, boring Turtle Shield.
• Rishia once again deus ex machina's a win against Kyo, last time being a physical deus ex machina, this time being an emotional one.
• One thing I will actually praise is Naofumi's outburst at Rishia, thank god someone actually tried to put her in her place, even if it was just a bait-and-switch.
• Ost appeared oh for fucks sake. Ost was a NOTHING CHARACTER. I cringe at the mere MENTION OF HER NAME. STOP. PRETENDING. SHE. WAS. IMPORTANT. The best thing she ever did was commit suicide.
• During the generic 'super laser finisher move' Naofumi basically spells out his emotional triumph to the audience, because they sure as hell can't deliver emotional payoffs the normal way, given how they treated Ost's death like it was the fall of christ.
• Naofumi confirms at the end that a wave hit his world around the time the wave in Kizuna's world hit. So he really did just abandon his world to be destroyed by a wave for no reason other than the turtle's vial of soul juice. I guess it's like the equivalent of medieval magic crack in this show. Good job, Naofumi.

On the last thing you wrote:
Kizuna actually mentions that the wave won't stop until Kyo is defeated. So Naofumi being back in Raphtalia's world wouldn't do much. To stop an artificial wave the summoner has to be stopped.
Jun 22, 2022 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
Yaggamy said:
TigersAndDragons said:

On the last thing you wrote:
Kizuna actually mentions that the wave won't stop until Kyo is defeated. So Naofumi being back in Raphtalia's world wouldn't do much. To stop an artificial wave the summoner has to be stopped.

NGL man this reminds me of our last conversation where everything you just said isn't really stated in the show, it kinda feels like meta knowledge from the Novels or Manga. The only thing Naofumi really knew was that Kyo was a badman who stole the turtle juice and was planning something devious. Sure in hindsight we know if he and his friends weren't in Kizuna's world they'd both be screwed, since Kizuna and co were teleported away by the Waves, but at the time we didn't have any idea what Kyo was planning. It comes across as post-hoc justification, since the only real motivation Naofumi had was to recover the turtle juice and avenge Ost, and comparing that to protecting his world from the Waves, Naofumi absolutely made a mistake.
Jun 22, 2022 5:55 PM
Jun 2017
MAL says its final episode is episode 13, but it seems to me that this is the final episode already.. anyways i love this episode
Jun 22, 2022 6:08 PM

Dec 2015
boring as f*ck.

I really hope that the sequel has another direction, because I couldn't hype anything about this season.
Jun 22, 2022 6:30 PM

Aug 2021
This season is about to end, it was not bad, of course it was overshadowed by other anime and even the end showed emotion, the good thing is that the third season was confirmed years ago when the first one ended, so a new arc and new characters are coming, apparently.
Jun 22, 2022 6:37 PM

Jun 2019
Holy shit I struggled with this episode.

It takes itself so seriously but I don’t care about a single character. We have to watch Naofumi fight his anger for the billionth time and be dragged out forever. Kyo never seemed like that big of a threat yet he was constantly capturing “strong” characters offscreen using bullshit magic. Then after it all Naofumi’s team conveniently teleports back after an awful farewell between him and Kizuna.

An absolute mess. At least the animation was better this episode.
Jun 22, 2022 7:06 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi was able to control the wrath shield thanks to Ost Raphtalia and Filoo
Jun 22, 2022 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
I assume this is the end right? What's the 13th episode for? I wish we had it tho, would be fun to see Naofumi staying a month in their world.
Hope we can see Kizuna in the 3rd season!

It was a great ending, Kyo never stood a chance, and Naofumi's conversation with Rishia was really nice.

Can't wait for next season!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 22, 2022 8:00 PM
Oct 2019
I will be honest, the real villain in this adaptation of Shield Hero is the extremely short time the team is given to adapt the entire arc. 12 episodes is extremely short, even by other similar anime like Demon Slayer. The production cost of the whole project and (I personally think) the attention span of the audience probably are the main causes for this extremely short season.

I'm saying this cos coming from the manga, a lot of details got glossed out. Sure, the important points are still there, but if this is more of a 2-cour season instead of a 12-episode one, the story can be fleshed out a lot more.
Jun 22, 2022 8:03 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I guess this isn't the final episode? Not sure what they'll do in the final episode because this wrapped everything up fairly nicely.

This was like the first episode with a decent animation budget. Rishia ended up helping Naofumi, like how he helped her. But I can't deny there was some truth to the words he said while possessed. Rishia's life goal is to get with the loser that is the Bow Hero, and it's kind of pathetic.

So is Raphtalia still a "hero" or did she have to give up the sword now that she's back in the other world?

Overall, this season has been a disappointment. I really hope the third season cleans things up and is more narratively competent, not to mention just given a higher budget.
Jun 22, 2022 8:38 PM

May 2018
Oh so that Kyo's backstory, both him and Naofumi were Otaku, except Naofumi has a life while Kyo was a hardcore Otaku. that doesn't have a life and has committed suicide.....
Jun 22, 2022 9:12 PM
Jul 2020
Who the hell hired this director?
Jun 22, 2022 9:28 PM
Jan 2010
yeah... they were able to turn one of my favorite animes into the worst I watched in a long time...
This season failed miserably on the most basic aspects...
Kyo is just another generic villain character made to be hated.
They failed to build up the story, had the worst animation possible, and failed to end it in any proper way... It's almost as they wanted to make it the worst anime of the season...
Jun 22, 2022 9:52 PM

Jan 2021
This episode really felt like they just took certain parts from the LN and just stuck them together and hoped that it worked. It was alright, but I really only felt a little bit excited.

This felt like a finale, but it;s not the actual finale. I wonder if next week will be about Naofumi's world during the wave or if it'll be some kind of recap episode.

I know season 3 was announced along with season 2, but I really hope that DR MOVIE doesn't get their hands on it. I don't know if this episode was done by them, but there have been parts this whole season where quality has significantly dropped. Don't really know why DR MOVIE ever really got a chance with this one considering their track record.

Jun 22, 2022 9:57 PM

Jul 2016
So... was this the final episode? Because it really felt like a finale.
And what a shit finale, I must add. Only "decent" part of it being Naofumi going full edgelord and dissing Rishia so hard I actually had to pause the episode and re-read his lines because I seriously couldn't believe he was saying those things to her lmao.

Honestly, I'm so tempted to give this trash show a 1/10 right now but guess I will wait for the "last episode" (be it a recap, a side story or an epilogue) to be released and then I will decide. Also not gonna lie, some part of me really don't want to give a 1/10 to a series with Kevin Penkin's OST.
Jun 22, 2022 11:06 PM

Dec 2016
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
I wish Naofumi would punch the girl who tried to attack them even though she didn't know. She still tried to help him.

When are they getting rid of the green haired dead weight crying girl? Although I did like when he was shitting on her calling her a whore and slut. #true

Also the white haired guy with the ship reminds me big time of Merlin from FGO

From what I heard and read from LN/Manga readers comment, Risha looked useless in anime because the anime literally deleted nearly all her character progression / development and cut,change, and rush everything.
Jun 22, 2022 11:32 PM

Jan 2013
if theres one thing Shield Hero is good at…is annoyingly insufferable (sometimes channel changing) antagonists.

Wrath Shield verbally eviscerating Rishia was the greatest yet hilarious thing all season

next week rumored/confirmed? to being a recap really caps off what a meh season this has been and how this series has fallen off bad and too much annoying green hair girls for my liking
dannymilkJun 22, 2022 11:38 PM
Jun 22, 2022 11:39 PM

Aug 2021
I was so confused when the OP had both Naofumi and Kyou. I thought this was the real messup of the season till I realized what was going on.

When Kyou said that's how those kind of people are going to end up, it gave me a wierd sense of foreshadowing which I really hope is wrong.

also though what Naofumi told Rishia was a glimpse of his true self forced out by the curse shield, it was rather harsh :(
Jun 22, 2022 11:41 PM

Aug 2021
KANLen09 said:
The opening sequence, I'd thought it'd be Kyo's, but turning out to be Naofumi's opened my eyes...a teeny bit.

But nevertheless, Kyo has hastened the Dimension Wave's activation using the Spirit Tortoise's powers, and Naofumi and gang are gearing to fight against him and those like Yomogi who's been bought to his lies, along with his many homunculus experiments using the wielder of the Mirror Vassal Hero's power, with Kazuki being its loaned vassal.

Of course, Kyo's power is stupidly high thanks to the Spirit Tortoise, but Naofumi will not relent on Kyo destroying his own world to go havoc once again, this time unlocking the Wrath Shield's abilities for bad. Rishia being the one to keep him sane, and Ost's salvation together with Raphtalia and Filo plus the Mirror Vassal Weapon, it's a power fest battle between Kyo and Naofumi to defeat the former.

The end of the battle, a fitting end to an annoying and brute villain to complete the Spirit Tortoise's mission, and the Cardinal Heroes' world restored.

If this was the final episode, it would've been the decent finale. Now...what to think of the ACTUAL finale episode next week?

no how could it be Naofumis? they put bits of Kyou and Naofumis past and stitched the videos together to show the parallels between them and what they decided to pursue after they came to the new world.
Jun 22, 2022 11:55 PM

Mar 2015
Yikes this season was about as bad as Slime.
Jun 23, 2022 12:30 AM

Sep 2021
titodacat said:
smoltulip said:

100%. As an anime-only watcher it really felt like they were speeding through everything as fast as they possibly could. And it was so jarring coming from season 1, where they spent so much time on character moments, stretched out across 2, sometimes even 3- episodes. Here we were lucky if we got 2 episodes for what should have been really impactful moments. There was barely any time spent on character motivations, antagonists, etc. I could go on.

I definitely think you're right that they wanted to get this over with and get to season 3. It just sucks because we know they can do better than this. Like the ending with the goodbyes and everything, it didn't even affect me really because I didn't get super attached to the new characters. I mean, they're great, Kizuna is super cute! but there was just so much missing throughout the season that the big emotional moments felt so flat to me.

Especially the final battle: which, if we had proper buildup to it this season, I would have loved. One of my favorite things about season 1, was Naofumi and his group finally showing just how amazing they are after all the struggle they went through to get to that point. We got to know them all so well, that their journey meant something to us. This final battle was good, but it really didn't feel earned to me because of how quickly we glossed over everything this season. What should have been emotional and cathartic and a beautiful character capstone, really felt like they were going through the motions (even though Ishikawa's acting was really well done when it counted).

I'm like venting at this point lmao, but absolutely, this isn't a LN reader-only thing. This is a: "pretty much everyone can see just how much worse this was than season 1, and how lacking it was in all of the things that most of us watch Tate no Yuusha for" thing.

thank you, I was flabbergasted to see someone even think this was a ln readers hating an adaptation thing. This season definitely made it my least favorite isekai quartet series.

I was extremely confused when I saw that there are 13 episodes this season, knowing that I got so pissed that they basically did a season finale like thing for the second to last episode. I have a sneaking suspicion that they will end on a cliffhanger to set up season 3 in 3 years.

The one thing I liked about this episode during the fight was everyone around naofumi. Other than that it gave me whiplash with how fast it sped through this stuff. It didn't even grace us with great animation like toaru s3 did, I really hope that they just wanted to get past this part in the story and adapt what they like well.

The emotional moments that they were trying to do this season just felt forced, like I totally forgot who ost was at one point before she somehow became a talking point again this episode. Another thing that pissed me off was that they just glossed over Raphtalia becoming the freaking kitana hero, like that seems like it should've gotten atleast an episode itself.
I agree with you though, I did like kizuna, really wished she was in season 1 when we got actual character moments instead of this where she got basically shafted after filo came back. I like how they gave us the backstory to kyo in the episode with his big final battle.

This season just didn't feel like a journey, like season one felt like a grand adventure and this felt like a linear path from point a to point b. I will be watching season 3 with hopes that they just wanted tp get away from this part of the story but I have my expectations severely lowered

Same same, when I saw we only had 13 episodes (back when it was first announced) I was like... hm... and now it totally makes sense. Just a super rushed mess, really. Exactly like you said, even moments like Raphtalia becoming a Hero should have been an incredible moment, but that barely got any screen time. And this kept happening, any time we got a hint of really neat character development or character moments, the show was like "okay that's nice, moving on, we have a 13-episode schedule to keep" lol. So many things that deserved their own dedicated episode at least. You could feel the time constraints in every episode. It was tangible.

Kizuna with season 1's style of storytelling would have been amazing, I really feel like she was wasted on this season rushing through everything. She was a genuinely cool character that deserved better (like pretty much everything this season lmao, but you know). Moments like finally getting Kyo's backstory, Naofumi being supported by all of his group at the very end- were absolutely what I wanted more of! I think we got flashes of what this season could have been (with more dedicated time), and that was one of them.

Like you, I really don't have super high expectations for Tate no Yuusha after this. This show can do genuinely good character moments and emotional moments, we know they can- which is why this season was such a disappointment. Thank you as well for putting a lot of this into words! Let's just hope that season 3 will get us off this whiplash ride (plz).

I'm okay now... At least... I want to be able to say that.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingreadingart credit

Jun 23, 2022 12:45 AM

Mar 2012
Honestly i have no idea what Kodakawa and Crunchyroll were even thinking when they made this decision to adapt is how it did.

S1 was a fantastic adaptation, it had top quality animation, the pace was decently matched, the story was more or less the same and they kept a nice balance for each character to get development and time to shine.

But this? Did they seriously think just cause it was great the first time that they can just rush trough it give it little budget and adapt so much in so little time? they pretty much self sabotaged themselves.

Even if ST arc was the weakest arc it would of still been a better if they adapted as it should of been, s2 should of put all their in adapting vol 6 and 7 and s3 vol 8-9 maybe 10. They also messed up with all the changes to the story it confused the heck out of everyone and aliented the ln fandom.

Than the extra raphtalia scene, i get that raphtalia was a popular female lead but than to just added all those extra scenes even the unneccesary fanservice naked shot, this was a blatant attempt to sell her out, like wtf man?

The rushed elements also made other characters not develop properly. Rishia was suppose to have her big moments in this arc but since they cut out a lot of the stuff they pretty much hated her. Naofumi they got rid his resentful attidue and non-trusting nature which pretty much ruined it for him.

And than there is that god awful animation production, especially with how DR MOVIE role in it. 3 years..3 fking years i dont care how long it takes, their was clearly no communication between them and kimetra circus as all their animation was way too poor even if covid had effected production i have seen studios release animations more impressive and less time. No real effort in communication and co-ordination.

The reason why this show is scored so low? It is easy to understand, Cause people are mad at its treatment, especially when you already had a predecssor show that did it better but instead made now they made it worse.

IT showed a lack of care and diservice to both ln and anime fans.
It show they care more about their greedy little agenda than the quality of the series.
IT also shows that they will change the themes of the show if it does not meet their standards.

If they mess up s3 as well, you will pretty much obliterate this franchise and it is all on them.

This is a pure example of self sabotage. IT sucks that sh was the one to suffer for it. They caused to much damage, even if s3 is adapted better it will suffer trough the repercussions this season made.
Jun 23, 2022 1:01 AM

Jan 2014
Even if I gave it a hard time at the start, I will say, it did improve, not massive, but it was at least better then it was heading that is for sure. Hopefully the next season, won't have such a poor start as it did.
Jun 23, 2022 1:08 AM

Jul 2012
eh, hopefully the next arc will be better.
Jun 23, 2022 1:13 AM
Apr 2022
Annoying and not great antagonist, again with the naofumi's anger management, and spewing green and purple ooze to each other....what an episode. Naofumi dragon version was right about Risha tho. that scared little green bitch.
Jun 23, 2022 1:18 AM

Feb 2016
why season 2 is so shit?
Jun 23, 2022 2:02 AM
Jan 2020
The battle of the discord mods, and how the hell is this not the last episode?

Sasuga Naofumi, saying what the audience thinks about Rishia.
Jun 23, 2022 2:39 AM

Apr 2014
as much as i love this series this season i just hated how they did things this season..... so much rushed, a good amount got changed, and a LOT got cut out ...... not to mention the animation drops was just ridiculous.....

if anything i would say to go ahead and also red the manga of this whole season cause its much better as a whole

with that said i can only hope they do better with season 3 i have yet to even read any of the LN so im not even sure what happens in season 3 and seems the manga hasnt even started the arcs for season 3 yet so will have to see how things goes

but im hoping to god they bring it back to the level that season 1 was on cause again this season was soooo rushed and a lot of weird choices they made with this season

while not all was bad but a good amount was

with that said ima really need to find out what happens with the next few arcs so i can be prepared incase the be dumb with season 3 like they did this season
"one step at a time"
Jun 23, 2022 2:41 AM
Dec 2021
Mr360AttAck said:
why season 2 is so shit?

Studio was cheap in many aspects (animation, storyboard, and fight scenes).
Studio decided to rewrite portions of the Glass's World arc. This hurt Raphtalia's arc greatly.

The fights between the Spirit Turtle and Kyo are sorely lacking. To have read the final fight in the Light Novel you saw in episode 12... disappointing would be praise.

Oh and you will laugh hard when episode 13 is rumored to be a RECAP episode.

Because the studio was doing so well it didn't need that last 22 minutes!
Jun 23, 2022 3:35 AM

Sep 2021
One more Yuzurenai next week! And hoping Fujikawa Chiai will also sing for the 3rd season next year.
Jun 23, 2022 3:45 AM
Dec 2020
"Rising of the shield hero, but it didn't rise high enough"
Spirit tortoise arc was boring, next arc starts good but rushes every single thing.
Kyo was a good villian, but he could've been a lot better. 12/13 episodes was a really bad idea
Jun 23, 2022 4:21 AM
Jan 2017
the rating down all because the bad cgi?
how about plot and story? and most importantly they have loli rapthalia and raphchan
Jun 23, 2022 6:31 AM

Jan 2019
Did the writers just forget about Filo? Naofumi had Filo and Rishia come with him, but Filo just vanishes from the episode until Raphtalia reaches the boss room.

I know they wanted to give Rishia her moment, but couldn't they have had Kyo just immobilise Filo rather than having the episode forget she exists?

They really needed to slow down the pacing or cut down the bloated cast, they can't have it both ways. Too many characters having to share one cour leads to most of them getting no development and none of them being memorable.
ForeverTraitorJun 23, 2022 6:35 AM

Jun 23, 2022 6:46 AM
Jan 2016
Too little emotional contrast, things happened too fast
Jun 23, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
Best part of the whole season was right when naofumi grabbed rishia and told her exactly how i've been feeling about her since she joined in

based

but it didnt make up for it being rushed to hell.

Jun 23, 2022 8:55 AM
Dec 2021
I found it as a good anime
Jun 23, 2022 9:20 AM

Feb 2021
S2 was not the best, but honestly I am just staying for the ride... I didn't mind the second half of the season as it was starting to get more interesting, but it did feel rushed. I am still looking forward to S3 since I still really like the characters. but hopefully the show can redeem itself.

I used to always recommend Shield Hero to everyone, but after S2, it is gonna be a tough sell.

On a positive note... I really like Naofumi's and Raphtalia's new outfits so much!

🌸 Ancient Jaguar Fiend, Saiko Beast! 🌸
🌸 EN/ESP Variety Vtuber 🌸

💗 twitch.tv/saiko_beast 💗

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

119 by Fabrizio00 »»
Sep 20, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

237 by Martin_Taylor »»
Sep 7, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2022

168 by Martin_Taylor »»
Sep 6, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

152 by Martin_Taylor »»
Sep 5, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

177 by MagiaMalegna »»
Sep 4, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.