Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2022 2:07 PM

May 2019
Archfiend836 said:
Okay but why is this in "Attack on Titan" forum?
nobody looks at general
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
Jun 20, 2022 2:09 PM

May 2019
giffica said:
PPPFFFFHAHAHAHA bruh what??? Make it obvious you haven't watched Akira, Ghost in the Shell, DragonballZ, JoJo, Naruto, or a whole host of other basic shows everyone has seen.
It’s so obvious, these “basic” shows have so many 10/10 villains
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
Jun 20, 2022 2:13 PM
Feb 2020
MR-GOD said:
giffica said:
PPPFFFFHAHAHAHA bruh what??? Make it obvious you haven't watched Akira, Ghost in the Shell, DragonballZ, JoJo, Naruto, or a whole host of other basic shows everyone has seen.
Ever heard if a little character called Tetsuo, who inspired everyone from Speilburg and Tarentino to Kanye and Michael Jackson? I don't buddy maybe thats. 10/10 villain.

Try The Laughing Man, or The Puppetmaster, the Solid State Society imagining not even the 1995 version. Maybe thats why the Matrix was made, cause Puppet master was so perfect it inspired entire concepts and worlds bro. Jesus. Yeah no 10/10 villains. Freiza, Majin Buu, Orochimaru, Madara Uchiha, Itachi, like do you exist? What story and deep plot line you looking for Mr 8/10 bunny girl?
Jun 20, 2022 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
It's difficult to find a 10/10 villain also because there's no definition for it. We can feel it but not really describe them in a satisfying way, so they mainly come down to our preferences more than a standard

And tbh most meaningful stories don't really need them. Anime have a lot of villains because it got lots of heroes but that's the exception in media

Probably the most fitting definition would be a well defined, contextualised, meaningful, stunning personality character with a reason and a story that happen to have bad (justified) morals
Jun 20, 2022 2:42 PM
Mar 2021
Mosesaa said:
All Demon Slayer villains are 10/10. Anyone who disagree with it certainly have no idea of well written character or else he is hipster.

You can't name 5 villains better than Muzan Kibutsuji.

Oh god, this is one of the singular worst takes I've seen in general.

To each their own I guess. But I cannot for the life of me agree with this one.

Also:

1) En (Dorohedoro)
2) Izaya Orihara (Durarara)
3) Momonga (Overlord)
4) 9 & 12 (Zankyou no Terror)
5) Johan Liebert (Monster)
6) Meruem (HxH)
7) Askeladd (Vinland Saga)
8) Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
9) Light Yagami (Death Note)
10) Ladd Russo (Baccano!)

I just gave you 10 villains (in no particular order) that are probably better written than most if not ALL the villains in demon slayer. Idrc that im buying into your bait, I just wanna set things straight ibsr.
Jun 20, 2022 2:44 PM
Jun 2021
Mosesaa said:
All Demon Slayer villains are 10/10. Anyone who disagree with it certainly have no idea of well written character or else he is hipster.

I can name over 100. Muzan ( for me personally) was very disappointing. He was hyped up to be something he just couldn’t live up too and went down way to fast compared to some lesser villains in the story. But all the upper moons are very good though.
Jun 20, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2019
giffica said:
MR-GOD said:
Ever heard if a little character called Tetsuo, who inspired everyone from Speilburg and Tarentino to Kanye and Michael Jackson? I don't buddy maybe thats. 10/10 villain.

Try The Laughing Man, or The Puppetmaster, the Solid State Society imagining not even the 1995 version. Maybe thats why the Matrix was made, cause Puppet master was so perfect it inspired entire concepts and worlds bro. Jesus. Yeah no 10/10 villains. Freiza, Majin Buu, Orochimaru, Madara Uchiha, Itachi, like do you exist? What story and deep plot line you looking for Mr 8/10 bunny girl?
firstly, just because something inspired someone, that doesn’t mean it’s a 10/10, it doesn’t even mean that it’s good. Secondly, I’m not sure what you mean by inspired there, some of those celebrities you listed may have mentioned Akira before (no clue if they did) but for most of them, inspiration from that wouldn’t even affect anything they’ve ever done, as it has no relation at all.

I haven’t seen ghost in the shell, so I don’t really have a comment. But neither Freiza, Majin Buu or itachi are good villains. Freiza is iconic… that’s it. Majin Buu doesn’t even have a personality besides “evil”. Itachi is just a mysterious older brother. The only development he gets is when he isn’t a villain or even alive. Orochimaru is at most an 8/10. And Madara bearly even has any justification to what he does, he just has some dumbass plan that he wants to achieve because he’s angry. While I’d still probably give him a 9/10, he is certainly not a 10/10.

Also I’m not even sure what you mean by that bunny girl “question”.
Jun 20, 2022 2:50 PM
Jun 2021
what about johan?
Jun 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Oct 2021
Gotta be team rocket and no one come close.
Jun 20, 2022 2:53 PM
Sep 2015
Johan Liebert from Monster
Jun 20, 2022 2:58 PM
Feb 2020
MR-GOD said:
giffica said:

firstly, just because something inspired someone, that doesn’t mean it’s a 10/10, it doesn’t even mean that it’s good. Secondly, I’m not sure what you mean by inspired there, some of those celebrities you listed may have mentioned Akira before (no clue if they did) but for most of them, inspiration from that wouldn’t even affect anything they’ve ever done, as it has no relation at all.

I haven’t seen ghost in the shell, so I don’t really have a comment. But neither Freiza, Majin Buu or itachi are good villains. Freiza is iconic… that’s it. Majin Buu doesn’t even have a personality besides “evil”. Itachi is just a mysterious older brother. The only development he gets is when he isn’t a villain or even alive. Orochimaru is at most an 8/10. And Madara bearly even has any justification to what he does, he just has some dumbass plan that he wants to achieve because he’s angry. While I’d still probably give him a 9/10, he is certainly not a 10/10.

Kanye literally went into his wife's home illegally to take back his "Akira Graphic novels" and went on a twitter rant about how she wouldn't let him have his favorite work of art. The single most influential musician has stated that Tetsuo is a complete inspiration for his lifeSTYLE and his entire personality. Michael Jackson included Akira clips in scream. Matrix, the single most influential movie on philosophy in the last, oh, 100 years, was directly inspired by Ghost in the Shell and the Puppetmaster, which is BETTER than Matrix. Yes, something inventing the reality you live inside, means it's as close to perfect as perfect comes. Elon Musk has cited it as his top anime, and the reason he created Neuralink. Stay pressed my anime invent the world you live, while yours, uh, have no good villains? LOL

Freiza is the absolute perfect villain to Goku? Are you unaware of the reptilian vs ape context that the fight is engaged under? It's clear you think Toriyama was just throwing blasts around, instead of engaging the Japanese nuclear trauma, which is how all those scenes read. Not some cool, big boom. It was fear. Freiza is the absolute peak of human peak. A reptilian who can use nuclear blasts to destroy planets at the bat of an eye, and ALREADY destroyed another ape planet previously. Please. Sit down little kid. You don't even know the thematic depths you are playing with, besides the fact Freiza killed both Vegeta and Goku's father, destroy's piccolo's homeplanet, etc. There is no truer definition of pure evil. You just didn't grasp the terror and race based themes from World War Two.

Madara just has a plan? Are you deluded? Madara already unleased the tailed beast on the leaf village which is the entire basis for both Naruto and Sasuke's traumatic past??? Are you this daft, you think Madara's moon plan was to control people? Oh honey, it's obvious that you don't know what Madara was trying to achieve, cause his plan was 0% of his plan. He achieved his plan. That's the part YOU MISSED. Try reading the ancient Uchiha stone tablet that dictated the lore from day 1 and puts Madara as nothing put a tragic cog in a machine. That's THE POINT OF MADARA. He is a human puppet for a discussion on Free-Will, which was Kishimoto's inspiration from Ghost in the Shell and Akira, which is what those two stories are also about.

Majin Buu has no personality? He has 5, WEEEEWWWW does it show that you didn't read or watch DragonballZ, make it obvious for the people in the back. Majin Buu is the definition of pure evil. There is no greater evil than majin buu. You cannot COME UP WITH A BETTER VILLAIN THAN MAJIN BUU. He turns you into candy buddy. Then eats you, and traps your soul in his body for eternity consuming you and using your powers. And he doesn't do it cause he has any plans, like Madara, who you criticized for "having too much of a plan". So which is it, buddy? Should a villain have NO GOAL or A COMPLEX GOAL? Oh wait you don't even have any consistent idea of what you are talking about.

You gave bunny girl an 8 and naruto a 7 no one thinks you have a valid opinion on "good stories".
Jun 20, 2022 3:04 PM

Jan 2021
Askeladd if he counts as a villain.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Jun 20, 2022 3:08 PM

May 2019
giffica said:
MR-GOD said:

Kanye literally went into his wife's home illegally to take back his "Akira Graphic novels" and went on a twitter rant about how she wouldn't let him have his favorite work of art. The single most influential musician has stated that Tetsuo is a complete inspiration for his lifeSTYLE and his entire personality. Michael Jackson included Akira clips in scream. Matrix, the single most influential movie on philosophy in the last, oh, 100 years, was directly inspired by Ghost in the Shell and the Puppetmaster, which is BETTER than Matrix. Yes, something inventing the reality you live inside, means it's as close to perfect as perfect comes. Elon Musk has cited it as his top anime, and the reason he created Neuralink. Stay pressed my anime invent the world you live, while yours, uh, have no good villains? LOL

Freiza is the absolute perfect villain to Goku? Are you unaware of the reptilian vs ape context that the fight is engaged under? It's clear you think Toriyama was just throwing blasts around, instead of engaging the Japanese nuclear trauma, which is how all those scenes read. Not some cool, big boom. It was fear. Freiza is the absolute peak of human peak. A reptilian who can use nuclear blasts to destroy planets at the bat of an eye, and ALREADY destroyed another ape planet previously. Please. Sit down little kid. You don't even know the thematic depths you are playing with, besides the fact Freiza killed both Vegeta and Goku's father, destroy's piccolo's homeplanet, etc. There is no truer definition of pure evil. You just didn't grasp the terror and race based themes from World War Two.

Madara just has a plan? Are you deluded? Madara already unleased the tailed beast on the leaf village which is the entire basis for both Naruto and Sasuke's traumatic past??? Are you this daft, you think Madara's moon plan was to control people? Oh honey, it's obvious that you don't know what Madara was trying to achieve, cause his plan was 0% of his plan. He achieved his plan. That's the part YOU MISSED. Try reading the ancient Uchiha stone tablet that dictated the lore from day 1 and puts Madara as nothing put a tragic cog in a machine. That's THE POINT OF MADARA. He is a human puppet for a discussion on Free-Will, which was Kishimoto's inspiration from Ghost in the Shell and Akira, which is what those two stories are also about.

Majin Buu has no personality? He has 5, WEEEEWWWW does it show that you didn't read or watch DragonballZ, make it obvious for the people in the back. Majin Buu is the definition of pure evil. There is no greater evil than majin buu. You cannot COME UP WITH A BETTER VILLAIN THAN MAJIN BUU. He turns you into candy buddy. Then eats you, and traps your soul in his body for eternity consuming you and using your powers. And he doesn't do it cause he has any plans, like Madara, who you criticized for "having too much of a plan". So which is it, buddy? Should a villain have NO GOAL or A COMPLEX GOAL? Oh wait you don't even have any consistent idea of what you are talking about.

You gave bunny girl an 8 and naruto a 7 no one thinks you have a valid opinion on "good stories".
this is a joke, you are a complete idiot. “Reptilian vs ape” = “thematic depths”. Not only are you thick as shit, but you also believe that you are smart. I’m not going through and refuting all of your points (which are all wrong or just shit). Think a bit more objectively please. And don’t say “my shows”, as it blatantly shows your biased. And ending every sentence with LOL, Ok buddy or just something in all caps, doesn’t make you correct. Do fuck off now, as you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.
Jun 20, 2022 3:09 PM
Jul 2021
I really don't like rating characters but anyway, not counting ones like Sukuna who's story haven't been finished yet, I'd say I quite liked Muzan, Meruem, Askeladd, En, Johan Liebert, Brau-1589, Denshichiro if he can eve be called a villain, can't think up of anymore rn, these villains just had this air about them that made them great.
Jun 20, 2022 3:15 PM
Jun 2021
Griffifth is a 10/10. The fact that 100’s of 1000’s of people hate him show that Miura wrote a perfect villain. I also really love Obito. I think he is very well written and a cool character in general. It’s hard to hate him as in Shonen character’s don’t do f’d up stuff like Griffith to make you hate them but I still think he’s a really good antagonist
Jun 20, 2022 3:33 PM
Feb 2020
MR-GOD said:
giffica said:

this is a joke, you are a complete idiot. “Reptilian vs ape” = “thematic depths”. Not only are you thick as shit, but you also believe that you are smart. I’m not going through and refuting all of your points (which are all wrong or just shit). Think a bit more objectively please. And don’t say “my shows”, as it blatantly shows your biased. And ending every sentence with LOL, Ok buddy or just something in all caps, doesn’t make you correct. Do fuck off now, as you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.
Bunny girl 8/10 you lost your 8/10 isn't meaningful 🐰
Jun 20, 2022 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
Threads like these lose credibility the moment someone lists something from Fairy Tail and One Piece.
End Zionazism
Jun 20, 2022 3:37 PM
Dec 2020
MR-GOD said:
I've given it some thought and I don't believe that there has ever been a 10/10 anime villain. I certainly believe that there are 9/10 anime villains, and it's not like I'm someone who says "10/10s are impossible because no show is perfect". A villain is the hardest character to write, and I believe writing a near perfect one would require so much detail that it would normally make them the focus of the show, which I would then argue removes their position of the "villain" from the story. Light Yagami is a very possible example of this. I believe that to write a 10/10 villain, would definitely require an even better written protagonist, and an incredibly meticulously written plot that leaves room for careful development for each of these characters.

I would like to know how anyone else feels about this, and if you have any examples of 10/10 characters.

Friend from 20th century boys. Literally the perfect antagonist.
Jun 20, 2022 3:40 PM

May 2019
Mikasa said:
Threads like these lose credibility the moment someone lists something from Fairy Tail and One Piece.
I’d rather those not be put in the same category, but I’ll agree that neither are relevant here.
Jun 20, 2022 3:41 PM
Mar 2022
Askeladd, griffith, yagami light, eren jaeger
Jun 20, 2022 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
MR-GOD said:
Mikasa said:
I’d rather those not be put in the same category, but I’ll agree that neither are relevant here.

They are closer to each other than either of them is to seinen or shounen-transcendents
End Zionazism
Jun 20, 2022 3:45 PM

May 2019
Mikasa said:
MR-GOD said:

They are closer to each other than either of them is to seinen or shounen-transcendents
In what way would that be?
Jun 20, 2022 3:45 PM
Aug 2021
Mosesaa said:

Very stupid claim there hope your being satire, I can think of a better antagonist in most shows i’ve watched as well as a better one in Demon Slayer being Akaza.
Jun 20, 2022 3:54 PM
May 2021
chainsaw man tbh- I wouldn't say makima is nessisarily a 10/10 but she is one of the best villains I've seen. I like the dynamic that the conflic comes not from the protagonist being unable to defeat her but being unwilling. and the other villains in it were pretty good but I can't rly remember them
Jun 20, 2022 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
MR-GOD said:

I would like to know how anyone else feels about this, and if you have any examples of 10/10 characters.

Well it should be pretty Obvious God
Jun 20, 2022 4:08 PM
Jul 2021
bro doesn't know about Griffith
Jun 20, 2022 4:14 PM

May 2019
Konstantinos88 said:
bro doesn't know about Griffith
the closest thing to a 10/10 that I’ve seen at least
Jun 20, 2022 4:24 PM
Aug 2021
Mosesaa said:

meruem
kenjaku
light
sukuna
Griffith
Johan libert

muzan is literally a dogshit compared to these😂, muzan is some generic mid shounen's antagonist.
Jun 20, 2022 4:35 PM
May 2021
Griffith and Funny valentine are the only ones I can think of
Jun 20, 2022 6:00 PM

May 2020
why you put this in aot, this show dont even got villains
Jun 20, 2022 6:37 PM
Jun 2021
Okk, according to me the only two 10/10 villains in my sight are Light Yagami & Eren Yeager

Now just let me explain before trolling me with such comments like "this guy has watched only mainstream shows" or "they weren't evil since beginning"

VILLAIN- According to me a villain is a character who is against those ideologies which gives value to each & every life or a character whose point of view is different & unexplored where people haven't empathasise with them. We all can empathasise with protagonists and their ambitions as we watch those shows from their pov but we can't do the same with a villain who's just introduced to us.

Using this analogy, what I actually mean to say is that in the case of Light Yagami & Eren Yeager we have witnessed their development into the evil characters. Now few might say that their goal was still not evil as Light wanted a "perfect world without criminals" & Eren wanted to save the people of Paradis & most importantly his friends life, but that's where people ignore the fact that even many other villains are also anti-heroes in a similar fashion & those characters with pure evil ambitions have also some kind of goals which they consider righteous act according to them. So definitely the difference of "point of views" & "different ambitions" really has mashed up these both terms Villains & Antagonists.

As I have seen their transformation from their pov into evil, I can easily claim that these both are mine 10/10 villains

Let's see if Dio Brando from Jojo can make it up here
Jun 20, 2022 7:23 PM
Apr 2022
DIO, Kira Yoshikage, Pucci and Funny Valentine are 10/10 villains.
Jun 20, 2022 7:37 PM
Mar 2022
Mosesaa said:

Johan, griffith,askeladd and maybe obito and mereum
Jun 20, 2022 7:53 PM
Aug 2021
Mosesaa said:

I guess you are trolling, upper moons are better than Muzan, Upper 1 and 3 are good villains no joke
Jun 20, 2022 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
I agree, I haven't seen a purely awesome protagonist since Johan Leibert.
Jun 20, 2022 8:52 PM
Nov 2020
there's 2 in this show. Zeke and reiner. also if u consider eren a villain
Jun 20, 2022 9:23 PM

Jun 2020
Mosesaa said:
I guess you miss my point. My bad, i wasn't clear.

Lets keep it simple - They both sucks ass, Johan and DS villains, both.
So controversial yet so true.

Not sure if they are 10/10, but I really like Meruem, Kira Yoshikage, Funny Valentine, Kong Wenge.
Jun 20, 2022 9:43 PM
Jul 2021
I’d have to say Gaku Yashiro from Erased would have to be a favorite of mine. He’s a very well written villain
Jun 20, 2022 10:09 PM
Dec 2020
Mosesaa said:

Madara, Pain, Obito, Itachi, Kaido, Dio, Kira, Shigaraki, Griffith, AFO, Light (if you count him), Pride, Wrath, Greed, Envy, Father, Meruem, Pitou, Chrollo, Hiskoka, Fetan, Mahito, Akaza, Demon King, Zeldris, Esterossa, Zeke, Reiner, Annie, Eren (if you count him), Hanma, Izana, Aizen and that’s off the top of my head
Jun 20, 2022 10:17 PM

Nov 2020
If you’re going by the first definition of the word “villain” as defined in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, which reads as “a character in a story or play who opposes the hero”, then Light Yagami isn’t even really a villain given that he is objectively the protagonist of the story. This would place characters such as L, Near, Mello, the Kira Investigation Task Force, etc, into that role. I personally agree with this definition, and believe that characters who could seem evil to some aren’t necessarily the villains. Morality is a subjective, human concept which is open to individual interpretation
Jun 20, 2022 10:23 PM
Apr 2022
Mosesaa said:

wamuu, yoshikage kira, kira, dio, arlong, captain kuro, and I could go on for years (just my opinion, also I'm probably biased (biased not based) because I thought demon slayer was pretty bad)
Jun 20, 2022 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
> 10/10 True Evil Villain definitely Kira Yoshikage. This dude is purely evil and a psychopath naturally but author still can make him such an amazing and likeable character, usually pure evil characters gets no enough screentime or come as a stale/unlikeable as a character

> 9/10 Solid Evil : Meruem, Light Yagami, Griffith. These guys actually have/had a heart-empathy somewhere, but they are solid af as evil and thus 10/10 character.

> 8.5/10 The Great Villain : Eren and Lelouch. Ended up being the only evil that the world hates so everyone is at peace. Amazing villain but not as evil because their action leads into the peace - hence a good thing.
Jun 20, 2022 10:27 PM
Apr 2022
KarnaKua said:
Mosesaa said:

Oh god, this is one of the singular worst takes I've seen in general.

To each their own I guess. But I cannot for the life of me agree with this one.

Also:

1) En (Dorohedoro)
2) Izaya Orihara (Durarara)
3) Momonga (Overlord)
4) 9 & 12 (Zankyou no Terror)
5) Johan Liebert (Monster)
6) Meruem (HxH)
7) Askeladd (Vinland Saga)
8) Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
9) Light Yagami (Death Note)
10) Ladd Russo (Baccano!)

I just gave you 10 villains (in no particular order) that are probably better written than most if not ALL the villains in demon slayer. Idrc that im buying into your bait, I just wanna set things straight ibsr.

I agree with you on all of these, yoshikage kira is also a great villain
Jun 20, 2022 10:43 PM

Dec 2018
gilgamesh is definitely up there
Jun 20, 2022 10:59 PM
Apr 2021
V1P3R0P said:
MusashiKarlsefni said:
Askeladd and Bondrewd tbh (being completely bias)

I think Bondrewd is one of the best written villains out there. Dont know about Askeladd. Even though he was introduced as a villain, He pretty much was a hero for me for several reasons.

Being a villain is not the same as being an antagonist.
Jun 20, 2022 11:00 PM
Apr 2021
Mosesaa said:
I don't know which is weird me calling "Demon Slayer villains are 10/10" or others claiming "Johan is a 10/10 villain" lol

Bro why are you trolling 😹
Jun 20, 2022 11:01 PM
Apr 2022
Mosesaa said:

well douma( upper moon 2) is certainly more evil. But yeah muzan is also good
Jun 20, 2022 11:02 PM

May 2021
Kotomine Kirei from the Fate Series will be my choice.

Jun 20, 2022 11:05 PM
Apr 2021
Niko1987 said:
If you’re going by the first definition of the word “villain” as defined in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, which reads as “a character in a story or play who opposes the hero”, then Light Yagami isn’t even really a villain given that he is objectively the protagonist of the story. This would place characters such as L, Near, Mello, the Kira Investigation Task Force, etc, into that role. I personally agree with this definition, and believe that characters who could seem evil to some aren’t necessarily the villains. Morality is a subjective, human concept which is open to individual interpretation

What you’re missing here is the definition of a hero, which is “the chief character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities, and with whom the reader is expected to sympathize.” Light yagami is constructed to be hated and have sly demeanor. No hero traits at all.
Jun 20, 2022 11:07 PM

Mar 2021
RetroGressive said:
V1P3R0P said:

I think Bondrewd is one of the best written villains out there. Dont know about Askeladd. Even though he was introduced as a villain, He pretty much was a hero for me for several reasons.

Being a villain is not the same as being an antagonist.

Ok!!??? And your point being?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime that ended terribly

ST63LTH - 9 hours ago

21 by DigiCat »»
2 minutes ago

» Is Tanamachi Kaoru best girl with curly hair in anime?

Catalano - 5 hours ago

6 by karrotStick »»
5 minutes ago

» Good anime with bad start

JoeChip - 7 hours ago

32 by DarkFirefly72 »»
9 minutes ago

» Guess the Socionics types of your Favorite characters (fast and easy way provided)

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
17 minutes ago

» If all the characters in your Favorites (profile) were put in Boxing rings, which ones would win their fights?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

19 by IpreferEcchi »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.