Available on Manga Store
New
which flopped harder
GOT
77.0%
AOT
23.0%
530 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 4, 2022 8:18 PM
Mar 2021
Well practically, GOT but AoT is almost shitted the same way....
Apr 4, 2022 8:23 PM
Jul 2021
AoT when final episode airs
Apr 4, 2022 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
Whichever one ends up being the bigger Starbucks commercial.
Apr 4, 2022 8:25 PM

Jan 2018
nonofyourbeeswax said:
the fandom probably
The only valid answer here
Apr 4, 2022 8:50 PM

Dec 2012
If you read the books from what got was adapted then got was affectively worse. Season 1-4 were the peak seasons of got and after that they had no idea what to do. Characters missing, plot lines changed and no set ups at all. Which resulted in bad writing and even worse character development.
Apr 4, 2022 8:53 PM
Nov 2016
Nothing can literally flop harder than Game of Thrones.
Apr 4, 2022 9:54 PM

Nov 2021
LordSozin said:
Ah yes, the defender of AoT, @I_Am_Freeballing, is here to be the annoying prat that he is.

if feels great watching you guys getting annoyed over us ending defenders

Apr 4, 2022 9:59 PM

Nov 2021
are you actually an anime only that just became a manga reader ?

I'm not judging you , it's just if you wanted to know people's opinion over this you would have created this thread in the manga section
but no.....

You made it in the anime section amd that's exactly what a pro-ending hater would do

And by that i mean........ you did not became a manga reader just yesterday

Apr 4, 2022 10:34 PM

Nov 2021
kareemamr said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

It will be my pleasure to annoy you the rest of the time you spend on the forum of a series you dislike.

I don't think there are any plot holes but you are free to think there are. The cycle continuing is the POINT of the story. It's the best thing about the ending.

1-time travel?
I can't tell about the other points cause I don't know that stuff in detail but I can say that there is no time travel in AoT
They go through the memories of grisha and stuff and it's a casual loop and also he didn't know about burturtle from episode 1

They are able to interact with grisha cause of the attack titans power to send future memories to the past holder
You can say it's a bootstrap paradox
SaphhhApr 4, 2022 10:38 PM
Apr 4, 2022 10:38 PM
Mar 2021
Pred8r said:
kareemamr said:

1-time travel?
I can't tell about the other points cause I don't know that stuff in detail but I cant say this that there is no time travel in AoT
They go through the memories of grisha and stuff and it's a casual loop

Not this part i understood this one and its genius.i am talking about the final chapter in the manga
Apr 4, 2022 10:41 PM

Nov 2021
kareemamr said:
Pred8r said:
I can't tell about the other points cause I don't know that stuff in detail but I cant say this that there is no time travel in AoT
They go through the memories of grisha and stuff and it's a casual loop

Not this part i understood this one and its genius.i am talking about the final chapter in the manga
Ohh my bad
A lot of people got confused on that one

I don't know about the last chapters cause I haven't read the manga

But I think I will cause I ain't waiting for a whole year just for 9 chapters lol
Oct 2020
kareemamr said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

1-What time travel? There is no time travel in this story.

2-He is expressing regret that he didn't. The Japanese (the original) raw has Eren regretting he didn't save his mom when he could have because he was consumed with revenge and hyper focused on the Rumbling.

3-He did not know Bert was the colossal titan since episode 1. What the hell?

4-Umm. Ymir was a slave. Her love for King Fritz is a parallel to Mikasa's love for Eren. Mikasa killing Eren IS what freed Ymir. Mikasa killed the one she loves, ie something Ymir was unable to do (she protected him and chose to suffer 2000 years instead).

5-Eren did not turn into a bird. That is a meme. The birds are simply symbolism for freedom.

6-A lot of people don't understand that Eren's goal and his wishes are not contradictory. He wanted to destroy the whole world. He said so himself again in 139. That doesn't change. He knew he would be stopped and that is different. He didn't WANT to be stopped, he just KNEW he would be.

How does Grisha begging Zeke to stop Eren not make sense? It's not like killing 80% of the population is somehow forgivable in comparison to doing a 100% Rumbling. It's still horrible.

While he wanted do kill everyone outside the walls, he knew that would not get rid of the power of the titans, which was his main goal. When he says ''I will exterminate every single one of them from this world'', he still means titans. What he saw in the future is Mikasa's choice ending the titan curse which is why he moved towards that.

The cycle would not have been broken. Those outside may not hate them cause they will have all died but what would happen then is exactly what Kiyomi said and Floch agreed with. Paradisians will fight each other on the island.

So what if Eren has the Founding Titan? So what if he erased everyone's memories? Did you forget the humanity inside the walls before the basement reveal? Did you forget the Uprising arc? If Eren killed the entire world, he would still have the titan powers, Ymir would still be imprisoned in Paths and he would still die in 4 years. Meaning a whole new inheritor of the Founding Titan who has their own agenda and could fuck shit up. Everyone who believes there would be eternal peace if Eren killed everyone off the island is just delusional.

1,2,3 i still cant think of any other possible explanation than time travel he wasnt a titan shifter nor had the founding power on that day
4 i dont get this plotline at all to be honest eren wasnt cruel to mikasa as fritz was to ymir mikasa overcame her feelings to kill him but its not the same reasons their stories are not similar
5 no comment tbh
6if he didnt want to be stopped he simply could have forced them to not to stop him
and he could have still ended the titan curse afterwards but without gambling with eldian lives
the uprising arc?it wasnt a civil war it was a corrupt goverment trying to hide the truth now everyone knows the truth and eren could use the founding power to maintain peace and still end the curse

Number 2 one is like this. Some of the content of is skipped in the anime. After Bertolt destroy the wall for the first time, Dina Fritz is right there and supposed to eat Bertolt but Eren didnt want Bertolt to be eaten cause he’s important for his future plans and thus he direct Dina Fritz to the inside of the walls. As a result of that, his mother is killed by that titan. He didnt intend to direct the titan to his mother but only to save Bertolt. CMIIW
Mar 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
are you actually an anime only that just became a manga reader ?

I'm not judging you , it's just if you wanted to know people's opinion over this you would have created this thread in the manga section
but no.....

You made it in the anime section amd that's exactly what a pro-ending hater would do

And by that i mean........ you did not became a manga reader just yesterday
i dont know how to prove it for you but i literally just read chapters 132-139 yesterday and its the first time ever i read a manga,also u could see how many times i said that aot is a masterpiece,10/10,goat for me up until epi 7 this season which gave me doubts.but i guess u do u
Apr 4, 2022 10:44 PM
Mar 2021
Jannn said:
kareemamr said:

1,2,3 i still cant think of any other possible explanation than time travel he wasnt a titan shifter nor had the founding power on that day
4 i dont get this plotline at all to be honest eren wasnt cruel to mikasa as fritz was to ymir mikasa overcame her feelings to kill him but its not the same reasons their stories are not similar
5 no comment tbh
6if he didnt want to be stopped he simply could have forced them to not to stop him
and he could have still ended the titan curse afterwards but without gambling with eldian lives
the uprising arc?it wasnt a civil war it was a corrupt goverment trying to hide the truth now everyone knows the truth and eren could use the founding power to maintain peace and still end the curse

Number 2 one is like this. Some of the content of is skipped in the anime. After Bertolt destroy the wall for the first time, Dina Fritz is right there and supposed to eat Bertolt but Eren didnt want Bertolt to be eaten cause he’s important for his future plans and thus he direct Dina Fritz to the inside of the walls. As a result of that, his mother is killed by that titan. He didnt intend to direct the titan to his mother but only to save Bertolt. CMIIW
yeah what i am questioning is how?that day he wasnt a titan shifter yet nor had he met ymir.the only possibility is that he did this redirection after meeting ymir which beg the question for me how?
Apr 4, 2022 10:47 PM
Oct 2020
kareemamr said:
Jannn said:

yeah what i am questioning is how?that day he wasnt a titan shifter yet nor had he met ymir.the only possibility is that he did this redirection after meeting ymir which beg the question for me how?
I mean Im just answering your number 2 about why he direct the titan to his mother when he didnt do that
Apr 4, 2022 10:50 PM
Mar 2021
Pred8r said:
kareemamr said:

Ohh my bad

But I think I will cause I ain't waiting for a whole year just for 9 chapters lol
yeah thats why i read it too i didnt want to wait lol
Pred8r said:
kareemamr said:

Ohh my bad

Yeah thats why i picked it up too i didnt want to wait lol
Apr 4, 2022 10:51 PM
Mar 2021
Jannn said:
kareemamr said:
I mean Im just answering your number 2 about why he direct the titan to his mother when he didnt do that
ohh ok i get it now it wasnt intentional but still it doesnt make sense how he did it
Apr 4, 2022 10:55 PM
Oct 2020
kareemamr said:
Jannn said:
ohh ok i get it now it wasnt intentional but still it doesnt make sense how he did it
Well yeah I guess, I also didnt fully understand how that works,The ending definitely felt rushed imo
Apr 4, 2022 11:01 PM

Nov 2021
kareemamr said:
Jannn said:
If I had to guess it would be because of the PATHS cause its transcends space and time
But if you look to deep into it(this how and why stuff) then I doubt it'll make any sense cause some people consider it a plot hole some say it's fully explained ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 4, 2022 11:03 PM
Mar 2021
Pred8r said:
kareemamr said:
If I had to guess it would be because of the PATHS cause its transcends space and time
But if you look to deep into it(this how and why stuff) then I doubt it'll make any sense cause some people consider it a plot hole some say it's fully explained ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its controversial indeed but i am not sure if the paths theory is 100% cause dina fritz was a pure titan not a titan shifter so i dont know tbh
Apr 4, 2022 11:06 PM
Mar 2021
Jannn said:
kareemamr said:
Well yeah I guess, I also didnt fully understand how that works,The ending definitely felt rushed imo

I agree and i still feel there is some plot holes and i am not just hating on the ending my doubts were there since epi 7 tbh
Apr 4, 2022 11:24 PM
Mar 2021
This isn’t even comparable. AoT went from 10/10 to 8/10 and then to 7/10.
Apr 4, 2022 11:27 PM

Jul 2021
Both had a terrible ending, but I hated AOTs more.

Apr 4, 2022 11:37 PM
May 2021
How is it flopping, I still think it’s a masterpiece
Apr 5, 2022 12:04 AM
Apr 2020
kareemamr said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

Comparing it to GOT last season ? Really ?
Aslo the only negative aspect of this season is the incomplete handling of psychological changes and development of Annie and Connie , but anything else is a masterpiece
Now despite everything you said about the ending, where the fuck was the time travel thing ?!!!
There wasn't anything like this or even close to it
I understand that you didn't like the ending but to say it fell off is exaggerating and the last couple of chapters needed more explanation for sure , but overall it still better than GOT's ending by far

he told armin in the final chapter that he redirected dina fritz to ignore bertholt as it wasnt his time to die.So how did he do it if not for time travel?this was the day the wall fell he wasnt a titan shifter yet nor has met ymir so how

That doesn't mean it's a time travel either
In AOT, it's like Dark if you have seen it, not only the past can affect the future but also the future does affect the past ,Eren controls the past through the power of the founder and that's how he made Dina Fritz's titan ignore Birtholt , but again that doesn't mean he killed his mother in purpose, because he just couldn't save her , and we know that he's a bit selfish so it's impossible for him to do that unless because he can't do anything to prevent his mother's death
Apr 5, 2022 12:10 AM
Jan 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
kareemamr said:

1-time travel?
2-if eren could direct dina fritzz back then why did he kill his mother?motivate rumbling in future which actually didnt happen?
3-If he knew bertholt was clossal titan from the 1st episode why didnt he act on it?
4-Whats ymirs goal?she saw herself in mikasa and admired their love story so why did she cause mikasa to kill eren and then she just peaces out
5- pigeons/seagulls is eren a god or what even after he died they are still watching mikasa
6-so if that was erens plan all along then he might have saw it when he kissed historias hand which doesnt make sense cause greisha begged zeke to stop eren.also he was bent on rumbling all of the world and he didnt want to gamble eldians lives in the end he contradicted everything he said
u say the point is the continuity well the cycle could have been broken if rumbling happened in full effect,people would argue that the eldians would still fight cuz its "human nature" but thats simply not possible because eren has the founding power and could literally induce eternal peace(the remaining foreigners wont be able to rebel and they were helping eldians out of their own accord)

1-What time travel? There is no time travel in this story.

2-He is expressing regret that he didn't. The Japanese (the original) raw has Eren regretting he didn't save his mom when he could have because he was consumed with revenge and hyper focused on the Rumbling.

3-He did not know Bert was the colossal titan since episode 1. What the hell?

4-Umm. Ymir was a slave. Her love for King Fritz is a parallel to Mikasa's love for Eren. Mikasa killing Eren IS what freed Ymir. Mikasa killed the one she loves, ie something Ymir was unable to do (she protected him and chose to suffer 2000 years instead).

5-Eren did not turn into a bird. That is a meme. The birds are simply symbolism for freedom.

6-A lot of people don't understand that Eren's goal and his wishes are not contradictory. He wanted to destroy the whole world. He said so himself again in 139. That doesn't change. He knew he would be stopped and that is different. He didn't WANT to be stopped, he just KNEW he would be.

How does Grisha begging Zeke to stop Eren not make sense? It's not like killing 80% of the population is somehow forgivable in comparison to doing a 100% Rumbling. It's still horrible.

While he wanted do kill everyone outside the walls, he knew that would not get rid of the power of the titans, which was his main goal. When he says ''I will exterminate every single one of them from this world'', he still means titans. What he saw in the future is Mikasa's choice ending the titan curse which is why he moved towards that.

The cycle would not have been broken. Those outside may not hate them cause they will have all died but what would happen then is exactly what Kiyomi said and Floch agreed with. Paradisians will fight each other on the island.

So what if Eren has the Founding Titan? So what if he erased everyone's memories? Did you forget the humanity inside the walls before the basement reveal? Did you forget the Uprising arc? If Eren killed the entire world, he would still have the titan powers, Ymir would still be imprisoned in Paths and he would still die in 4 years. Meaning a whole new inheritor of the Founding Titan who has their own agenda and could fuck shit up. Everyone who believes there would be eternal peace if Eren killed everyone off the island is just delusional.

so in 100 fucking years no one ever was in a toxic relationship and no one ever broke up and moved on?
was it written somewhere on a terms and conditions paper that to move on its necessary to kill 80 percent of the world? and wasn't she supporting eren and now suddenly all of a sudden she smiles like a creep when Mikasa kills him.
the only thing that might make sense is that eren wanted to free her and she was so moved ( domt take 139 into context that's a retcon) and helped eren start rumbling no love bullshit.
eren never wanted to gamble Paradis's future he said it yet he took titan powers from eldians left 20 percent of population hoping that no one would ever hate them?
my man you gave them a good enough reason to hate on eldians and they don't even have titan powers ( well yeah they got bombed lol)
eren doomed the upcoming generation for the sins of their father , well isnt that what he wanted to remove?

so killing millions is ok? but killing 100 percent is a genocide and well not morally correct. if you are killing innocent then kill everyone so upcoming generation could atleast live happily .

Ymir never loved fritz that's a total bullshit .
if she loved him she won't have died because hey she loves him she has a will to live and shifters can heal according to their will to live , well actually Ymir was so tortured and broken that she just wanted to die and that's when eren came in trying to free her so she starts the rumbling . sounds much better than the love bullshit .
because we know Ymir can manipulate events she revived Zeke so he can meet eren so why not manipulate events something like that so it leads to Mikasa moving on from eren?
were those 80 percent really necessary? .

again if she just wanted to move on I'm sure there were hundreds of girls/women who were in a toxic relationship with an asshole and they broke up and moved on.
this was a bad attempt at making Mikasa the main character while she's one of the most bland written character in fiction
Apr 5, 2022 12:28 AM
Nov 2020
Except AoT never flopped
Apr 5, 2022 12:28 AM
Nov 2020
Except AoT never flopped
Apr 5, 2022 1:30 AM
Nov 2019
If anyone legit says AOT, they've not watched GOT.
Apr 5, 2022 2:12 AM
Nov 2021
nahh "fans" flopped harder
Apr 5, 2022 4:27 AM
Jan 2021
LordSozin said:
Ah yes, the defender of AoT, @I_Am_Freeballing, is here to be the annoying prat that he is.

lol he didn't even defend it he just said it was 11/10 for him. you're the one getting annoyed by the thought of him liking the whole manga with the ending "little brat*"
Apr 5, 2022 4:32 AM
Jan 2021
kareemamr said:
Ever since episode 7 i genuinely couldnt view aot the same way ever again.For me i saw a masterpiece getting destroyed as imo aot is one of the greatest shows ever made.I also read the manga yesterday and it just made things worse chapters 133-139 felt like reading a fairytale with the only thing missing is for
the final chapter had me so confused and angry and no its not because

Anyway this poll is just for fun before anyone might want think i am trolling/hating. i am not a hater i absolutely love aot but plot felt off since epi 7 for me i kept delaying watching it cuz i didnt feel the same about and i literally cant even rate this season right now and i wasnt a manga reader until yesterday, so what do you think?

GOT flopped so fucking hard that it's hard to put AOT in the same category of flopping. even if the lates episodes with the ending aren't as good as they used to be it still makes sense. GOT made 0 sense, they built the story for 7 seasons only to make up an entirely different story in the last season and go with it. (idk I got tired of arguing about the ending so I just commented about the poll)

Mod Edit: Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KarinaraApr 7, 2022 10:22 AM
Apr 5, 2022 12:05 PM
Mar 2022
kareemamr said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

It will be my pleasure to annoy you the rest of the time you spend on the forum of a series you dislike.

I don't think there are any plot holes but you are free to think there are. The cycle continuing is the POINT of the story. It's the best thing about the ending.

1-time travel?
2-if eren could direct dina fritzz back then why did he kill his mother?motivate rumbling in future which actually didnt happen?
3-If he knew bertholt was clossal titan from the 1st episode why didnt he act on it?
4-Whats ymirs goal?she saw herself in mikasa and admired their love story so why did she cause mikasa to kill eren and then she just peaces out
5- pigeons/seagulls is eren a god or what even after he died they are still watching mikasa
6-so if that was erens plan all along then he might have saw it when he kissed historias hand which doesnt make sense cause greisha begged zeke to stop eren.also he was bent on rumbling all of the world and he didnt want to gamble eldians lives in the end he contradicted everything he said
u say the point is the continuity well the cycle could have been broken if rumbling happened in full effect,people would argue that the eldians would still fight cuz its "human nature" but thats simply not possible because eren has the founding power and could literally induce eternal peace(the remaining foreigners wont be able to rebel and they were helping eldians out of their own accord)

1. there's not really time travel. eren's attack titan exists at all points of the path/coordinate, especially after Ymir picks Eren instead of Zeke. that's why in the last chapter Eren says that the power is basically driving him crazy because he exists everywhere at once.
2. By this point he has the founding Titans power. he can control every Titan and Subject of Ymir.
3. he didn't know that. only post Season 3 Eren knows this. Child Eren wasn't aware of the manipulation. think about it, it starts with him crying and Mikasa asks why. he can't answer because he doesn't remember. but it felt like a long dream.
4. Ymir was just a slave. like everyone else. that's the motif. Slave to Fritz because she loved him. same as Mikasa to Eren. but where as Ymir accepted the Devil's bargain, Mikasa didn't. it's not that they're connected, Mikasa was just lowkey a stone cold murderer with a conviction of steel
5. bruh that seagull wasn't Eren it's just supposed to make you feel sad and reminiscent. showing at his core Eren wasn't a monster, the world and Grisha made him into one.
6. yes, it does make sense. when Eren kisses the hand, THATS when the power awakens. he sees everything. and by that point, everything has been and always was in motion. Grisha killing the Riess' because Eren made him, that's the 1 true event. that's how it always happened. basically he saw he was and must continue being in and manipulating the coordinate. basically if he brought his friends along they'd be hated by everyone, or dead. Lelouch archetype my guy. Even in Season 3, Eren says he just wants his friends and family to live. Even if he's in the wrong, that's what was happening. basically it's showing ever since he was a kid, he had a burden placed on him he didn't want. by his father and his future self. When Grisha begs Zeke to stop Eren, he literally says it's pointless because Eren "won" and will get what he wants- AKA The Rumbling.
7. And I meaaaan, sure, but do you approve of the genocide of the planet??? why do you think the motif of killing throughout the series is "dirtying your hands"? and I think it's trying to draw a parallel to real life. humans will always fight. look at this thread for an example LOL. I do understand if the ending isn't your cup of tea, but I appreciate that it didn't go for a Sunshine and Rainbows ending, I don't think the story has ever been that type of story, so it wouldn't make sense to end it that way.
Apr 5, 2022 3:53 PM
Mar 2021
Beezy1218 said:
kareemamr said:

1-time travel?

1. there's not really time travel. eren's attack titan exists at all points of the path/coordinate, especially after Ymir picks Eren instead of Zeke. that's why in the last chapter Eren says that the power is basically driving him crazy because he exists everywhere at once.
2. By this point he has the founding Titans power. he can control every Titan and Subject of Ymir.
3. he didn't know that. only post Season 3 Eren knows this. Child Eren wasn't aware of the manipulation. think about it, it starts with him crying and Mikasa asks why. he can't answer because he doesn't remember. but it felt like a long dream.
4. Ymir was just a slave. like everyone else. that's the motif. Slave to Fritz because she loved him. same as Mikasa to Eren. but where as Ymir accepted the Devil's bargain, Mikasa didn't. it's not that they're connected, Mikasa was just lowkey a stone cold murderer with a conviction of steel
5. bruh that seagull wasn't Eren it's just supposed to make you feel sad and reminiscent. showing at his core Eren wasn't a monster, the world and Grisha made him into one.
6. yes, it does make sense. when Eren kisses the hand, THATS when the power awakens. he sees everything. and by that point, everything has been and always was in motion. Grisha killing the Riess' because Eren made him, that's the 1 true event. that's how it always happened. basically he saw he was and must continue being in and manipulating the coordinate. basically if he brought his friends along they'd be hated by everyone, or dead. Lelouch archetype my guy. Even in Season 3, Eren says he just wants his friends and family to live. Even if he's in the wrong, that's what was happening. basically it's showing ever since he was a kid, he had a burden placed on him he didn't want. by his father and his future self. When Grisha begs Zeke to stop Eren, he literally says it's pointless because Eren "won" and will get what he wants- AKA The Rumbling.
7. And I meaaaan, sure, but do you approve of the genocide of the planet??? why do you think the motif of killing throughout the series is "dirtying your hands"? and I think it's trying to draw a parallel to real life. humans will always fight. look at this thread for an example LOL. I do understand if the ending isn't your cup of tea, but I appreciate that it didn't go for a Sunshine and Rainbows ending, I don't think the story has ever been that type of story, so it wouldn't make sense to end it that way.

1,2,3 that basically sounds like time travel with a few extra steps or eren literally becoming a god.Also thats what i am saying instead of preventing a lot of major catastrophes he chose to save bertholt while having the ability to do much more smh.
4-ymir loving fritz definitely makes sense he just raped her abused her made her children eat her yeah good plotline,also how is mikasa slave to eren s1-s3 she always defied him and many times imposed her opinions over his and u want to tell me that ymir actually by protecting eren with all her might and activating rumbling was all to make mikasa kill him like what? or what is it all a gamble? like there are literally 9 other individuals trying to kill him, and then she just peaces out happy? by causing a lover to kill her counterpart? this liberates her?Also eren-mikasa is not similar to fritz-ymir at all
7-so if i approve of genocide of whole planet thats bad but 80% is cool and eren is a hero now?its war anyone would do anything to survive and not gamble with lives of his own people.the motif is being a slave u say so eren was a slave for freedom and he still didnt attain it.Funny how he could have become free if he continued with his original plan of full rumbling but instead this weird path of liberating ymir led to him dying without freedom and without his lover and didnt even break the cycle.
for me ever since the alliance formation and how isyama was trying to convey eren as a villain i was not happy with the direction of the story trying to create a fairy tale/avengers type path
Apr 5, 2022 4:02 PM
Aug 2020
Have not seen GoT, because I think it is overrated garbage that tries to sell sex and nudity. Take away all the sex, and the show would probably have scored lower. It clearly took inspiration from LOTR + and the War of the Roses and just added sex. Dragons + sex + family feuds = amazing apparently... Trash.

Still, AoT's manga ending is atrocious. Comparing two turds makes little difference. NOTHING gets resolved by the end of AoT. EVERYTHING is left in a worse state. There are countless character assassinations, and the story is retconned, meaning that it is impossible to rewatch previous seasons. The mangaka used so many asspulls by this point. The retcons make AoT's previous seasons unwatchable. Eren's powers are too OP, and his ideology is dumb af. Once you really understand what happened to Eren's mother, you will see how truly garbage AoT is.
Apr 5, 2022 4:08 PM
Mar 2021
Schwarznight said:
Have not seen GoT, because I think it is overrated garbage that tries to sell sex and nudity. Take away all the sex, and the show would probably have scored lower. It clearly took inspiration from LOTR + and the War of the Roses and just added sex. Dragons + sex + family feuds = amazing apparently... Trash.

Still, AoT's manga ending is atrocious. Comparing two turds makes little difference. NOTHING gets resolved by the end of AoT. EVERYTHING is left in a worse state. There are countless character assassinations, and the story is retconned, meaning that it is impossible to rewatch previous seasons. The mangaka used so many asspulls by this point. The retcons make AoT's previous seasons unwatchable. This type of time travelling/some degree of controlling fates = disaster.

Exactly it all felt pointless.Levi went from badass edgy guy to i have to kill zeke!! but annie who played football with my squad is cool idc fuck petra anyway i wasnt really sad i was faking it, and fans are still WORSHIPPING him i dont know how. and thats only one of the few character assassinations that happened.Also finally someone else acknowledged the time travel/fate control bs it led to the appearance of many plotholes and countless possibilities which as u said =disaster
Apr 5, 2022 4:14 PM

Feb 2020
Idk, i dislike GOT since the beginning so i never crossed beyond first 2 season. I disliked AOT only after time skip.
AdampkApr 5, 2022 4:19 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 5, 2022 4:20 PM
Aug 2020
kareemamr said:
Schwarznight said:

Still, AoT's manga ending is atrocious. Comparing two turds makes little difference. NOTHING gets resolved by the end of AoT. EVERYTHING is left in a worse state. There are countless character assassinations, and the story is retconned, meaning that it is impossible to rewatch previous seasons. The mangaka used so many asspulls by this point. The retcons make AoT's previous seasons unwatchable. This type of time travelling/some degree of controlling fates = disaster.

Exactly it all felt pointless.Levi went from badass edgy guy to i have to kill zeke!! but annie who played football with my squad is cool idc fuck petra anyway i wasnt really sad i was faking it, and fans are still WORSHIPPING him i dont know how. and thats only one of the few character assassinations that happened.Also finally someone else acknowledged the time travel/fate control bs it led to the appearance of many plotholes and countless possibilities which as u said =disaster

Bingo. Levi should have fkn smacked Annie and crushed her after what she did to team Levi, but now he is all cool? Wtf. Isayama is such an incompetent mangaka. He's basically trolled his fanbase. Petra was waifu material for Levi, but Annie got away with it. Armin is the dollar store version of Erwin and basically a useless clown. Eren is Hitler 2.0. The show is just a hot mess by the end. Even ODM became pretty much useless by the end, and the ODM was one of the key aspects that made AoT stand out in season 1. The fans won't admit this, though. Oh well. Sick of the fans as well.
Apr 5, 2022 4:49 PM

Aug 2018
it's not that bad YET. But definetly went down a lot...

GoT was like; ''we don't want money anymore, let's just finish it before George dies''

AoT is; ''Nooooooooo, it's ending! Quick, how can we milk it some more?''

The final season naming is just a cheap trick to make more hype, i do resent them for that, but not enough to say it's bad now... I just don't like Debbie Downer Ehren and how artificially people made decisions these last 2 seasons (final 1 and 2 (this is stupid))
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 5, 2022 4:52 PM
Aug 2020
guizo- said:
it's not that bad YET. But definetly went down a lot...

GoT was like; ''we don't want money anymore, let's just finish it before George dies''

AoT is; ''Nooooooooo, it's ending! Quick, how can we milk it some more?''

The final season naming is just a cheap trick to make more hype, i do resent them for that, but not enough to say it's bad now... I just don't like Debbie Downer Ehren and how artificially people made decisions these last 2 seasons (final 1 and 2 (this is stupid))

Just wait for the actual end. Absolute disaster. I have not seen GoT, but I know how the manga ends. And according to people who have watched GoT and read AoT's manga, AoT's ending is more infuriating. GoT ran out of source material from what I understand and the people just did their own thing. AoT does not have this excuse. Isayama is a fraud
Apr 5, 2022 4:56 PM

Apr 2020
Hmmm the vote is pretty clear....

Maybe it's because AoT is pretty much loved by 90% of people who watched it...
To suggest it that it "flopped" is pretty.....weird...and just wrong, aswell

It's almost like, and this is gonna sound craaaaazy, people who haven't watched 100 Shows in their Lifetimes don't really know what they talking about, when discussing Anime...

*cough*
Apr 5, 2022 5:06 PM
Mar 2021
Merve2Love said:

It's almost like, and this is gonna sound craaaaazy, people who haven't watched 100 Shows in their Lifetimes don't really know what they talking about, when discussing Anime...

*cough*

Well obviously it flopped among manga readers u could see how much hate it generated prior to this part which ruined the experience for many anime onlys myself included.So if we talking anime only i guess u can say will flop not flopped.Also if u think i am hating i am not at all aot is a masterpiece for me absolute 10/10(up to epi7 this part) which when i started to have second thoughts and picking up the manga 2 days ago made it worse.
100 shows in lifetime? i probably saw this much its anime that i am fairly new to watched maybe 25 animes idk .So i think i know what i am talking about
Apr 5, 2022 5:17 PM
Dec 2020
kareemamr said:
Jannn said:

Eren did that redirection the moment Ymir gave him the Founders power.
Similarly Eren had that talk with his friends the moment he got the Founders power. But erased their memory of it, so that they would only remember it after he dies.
Apr 5, 2022 5:33 PM

Apr 2020
kareemamr said:
Merve2Love said:

*cough*

Well obviously it flopped among manga readers u could see how much hate it generated prior to this part which ruined the experience for many anime onlys myself included.So if we talking anime only i guess u can say will flop not flopped.Also if u think i am hating i am not at all aot is a masterpiece for me absolute 10/10(up to epi7 this part) which when i started to have second thoughts and picking up the manga 2 days ago made it worse.
100 shows in lifetime? i probably saw this much its anime that i am fairly new to watched maybe 25 animes idk .So i think i know what i am talking about

Oh, I wasn't talking about you, my boy^^

Just about these guys who watched around 60 Anime (barely scratching the Medium), who than go on trying to formulate an opinion about said medium and kinda get met with overwhelming disagreement....like....in a poll or something.

Those guys^^
Apr 5, 2022 5:38 PM

Aug 2018
"Time travel is dumb", but people turning into man eating giants is totally OK.

But yeah GOT was way worse. I can't imagine anyone on earth was satisfied with the way it ended. The show's producers just got tired of doing it so they killed it intentionally.
Apr 5, 2022 5:43 PM
Mar 2021
Merve2Love said:
kareemamr said:

Just about these guys who watched around 60 Anime (barely scratching the Medium), who than go on trying to formulate an opinion about said medium and kinda get met with overwhelming disagreement....like....in a poll or something.

Those guys^^

Oh sorry my bad and i think i agree with u i used to make fun of my friends who watch anime all the time and just got into it myself recently and now i realized how wrong i was lol
Apr 5, 2022 5:45 PM
Mar 2021
epidemia78 said:
"Time travel is dumb", but people turning into man eating giants is totally OK.

But yeah GOT was way worse. I can't imagine anyone on earth was satisfied with the way it ended. The show's producers just got tired of doing it so they killed it intentionally.

Not my point i meant resorting to that direction led to inconsistency and plot holes.If i started watching with this logic i wouldnt have made it past season 1
Apr 5, 2022 5:48 PM

Apr 2020
kareemamr said:
Merve2Love said:

Those guys^^

Oh sorry my bad and i think i agree with u i used to make fun of my friends who watch anime all the time and just got into it myself recently and now i realized how wrong i was lol

Im not making fun of you.
Im just suggestion that you're maaaaybe not beeing able to differentiate between what's an actual flop and what is not....talking about Anime, now^^

That maaaaaaaaay be, because you haven't experienced much of the Medium you are trying to critique.

Don't know. Maybe you just triggered me, huh?^^

You're entitled to an opinion, of course. Rate it. Love it or hate it. That's fine^^
I just think you're objectevely wrong about this one....the poll kinda speaks volumes, aswell
AoT is not a flop. And it's not compareable to what happened to GoT. Period.
Apr 5, 2022 6:08 PM
Mar 2021
Merve2Love said:
kareemamr said:

Im not making fun of you.
Im just suggestion that you're maaaaybe not beeing able to differentiate between what's an actual flop and what is not....talking about Anime, now^^

That maaaaaaaaay be, because you haven't experienced much of the Medium you are trying to critique.

Don't know. Maybe you just triggered me, huh?^^

You're entitled to an opinion, of course. Rate it. Love it or hate it. That's fine^^
I just think you're objectevely wrong about this one....the poll kinda speaks volumes, aswell
AoT is not a flop. And it's not compareable to what happened to GoT. Period.

Well maybe ur right idk ,but i am not stating that aot is a greater flop than got no not at all i am just comparing.i know aot is not a flop rnw by any means its literally the most watched series rnw among anime and live action shows and it has the highest ratings everywhere so i am talking about the next part in the future if it will flop as it did with the manga.anyway i hope u turn out to be correct but to me personally i dont like the direction the story went with but i still absolutely adore aot.
Apr 6, 2022 9:11 PM
Jul 2020
One chapter vs a whole season. No comparison.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.