Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2022 10:07 PM

Sep 2015
Meh it was an alright episode, although Gabi still has a lot of learning she has to do.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 23, 2022 10:13 PM

Mar 2015
Oh my God this episode was incredible holy shiet and Gabi being a stick in the mud as usual lmao!

I KNEW Eren was never going to really play along with Zeke's plan. He's gonna be the big bad after all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 23, 2022 10:22 PM

May 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
Ferme_- said:
Man who the fck vote 1/5 ,this episode literally best aot episode to date you all crazy mf. I was gonna say ,all of moment is fcking masterpiece
Gengenpresser said:
Damn that's easily one of the best if not the best AOT episode of all time.
Best from MAPPA sure. Charge and Hero are still better.
Don't man I felt the same that hero and charge were irreplacable, but this ep was so well done I cAN't choose now lol.
Mappa truly went Plus Ultra...
Jan 23, 2022 10:25 PM

May 2021
_Fallacy_ said:
Fuhrer_Wrath said:

Dude, you're going to tell people to take it easy after that massive stick up your ass.

Nigga really need to touch some grass. He just come on every episode discussion thread to shit on the series. I don't know why the fck he is even watching it. Lol, look at his ratings ..he rated last season '2' and S3 P2-'4' , definitely a troll.
Yeah fam he's just a troll.
He's hate boner is straight up unexplained.
Still watching this series after he hates it to way to much.
People these days really r something
Jan 23, 2022 10:28 PM

May 2021
Raideroz-nim said:
LESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gentleman, we are currently witnessing history, this is why we are investing our time into this medium.
Welcome to the peak of your lives. Enjoy every momment to the fullest.
Yeam fam this the time of our lives.
I am so glad I was born to witness aot with my own eyes!
Shits just...
Peak fiction!
Jan 23, 2022 10:29 PM

May 2021
TheFounder131 said:
This ep was a Banger an easy 5/5 ep. I am glad they used the old classic ost, also the direction was perfect, peak cinema. I really can't wait for next eps.
Dude Mappa just went above and beyond..... I wasn't expecting 119's adaptation to be an absolute masterpiece.
Jan 23, 2022 10:32 PM

May 2021
Scordolo said:
I-I don't even know what to say anymore.
I feel so empty after watching this episode and I've come to the conclusion that Isayama's goal is to kill us emotionally. Seriously, I never cared for random soldiers of Survey Corps but after seeing them turn into Titans it was just sad. No Anime has ever emotionally impacted me as Aot.
10/10.
The crazy thing is the next 2 eps r even better than this masterpiece and I can't wait to witness them!
Finally Paths kino.
But bruh this ep was so well done I just......
Jan 23, 2022 10:34 PM

Aug 2020
It's been a long time since I have seen such a good episode. The good old season 1 OST is back to give us the chills. I barely noticed the CGI this episode. That shot of Zeke screaming was so fucking good. Eren beating the shit out of Galliard was brutal as fuck. Everyone we knew from season 1 is now a titan. Falco ate Galliard, I wonder how his Jaw titan form would look.

The shot of Gabi shooting Eren's head and the subtle foreshadowing of Eren not interested in Zeke's plan was great. The transition to paths is easily the best part of this episode. Holy shit, I never expected such a good episode from MAPPA.

Now the key part, Eren and Zeke in paths. Eren outsmarted Zeke..... but Zeke outsmarted his outsmarting. Both have made contact and I wonder how the next episode is gonna be. THE HYPE IS KILLING ME.

5/5 episode and #FuckGabi
Jan 23, 2022 10:37 PM

May 2021
samashi20 said:
HOLY SHIT

If it's Zeke's will, NOW WHAT? Eren basically has nothing without the Founder's powers.. I didn't expect for the story to have an even bigger turn and I refuse to believe that Eren now lost the Founder's powers..

Truly mind-blowing.
Hmm eren hasn't lost the founding power tho?
He still has the titan.
Jan 23, 2022 10:38 PM

Sep 2020
Finally watched this episode. I wanted to watch this with my friends so I waited so long. Ngl easily one of the best episode of Attack on Titan. The only complane I have is that Eren's face look a little bit wired in the path.
Jan 23, 2022 10:40 PM

Sep 2020
Gabi did nothing wrong. #GabiBestGirl
Jan 23, 2022 10:40 PM
Feb 2020
It was completely breathtaking, I can't express my emotions with words, it blew up my mind so many times that there isn't anything left there,
Everything was so beautiful so so very beautiful, m not gonna say anything about the actual ep m just gonna praise mappa, MAPPA u goddamn rock your amazing mappa, I fucking love mappa,

Ufffffff
Jan 23, 2022 10:44 PM

Apr 2015
Mathi786 said:
It was completely breathtaking, I can't express my emotions with words, it blew up my mind so many times that there isn't anything left there,
Everything was so beautiful so so very beautiful, m not gonna say anything about the actual ep m just gonna praise mappa, MAPPA u goddamn rock your amazing mappa, I fucking love mappa,

Ufffffff

Mappa ruined Shingeki, what are you guys talking about
Jan 23, 2022 10:48 PM
Jul 2021
ShadowUnown said:
Mathi786 said:

Ufffffff

mappa saved shingeki what are you talking wit dropped and we would never have it be thankful
Jan 23, 2022 11:15 PM

May 2020
Just realised this was the last time we will see erens attack Titan

Jan 23, 2022 11:20 PM
May 2021
I had been waiting for this episode to finally be animated and it surpassed my expectations by so much! I knew how it was going to go but was still on the edge of my seat the whole time, they really outdid themselves!
Jan 23, 2022 11:22 PM
Jan 2022
The 2D animation is amazing as always but the 3D animation just brings down the enjoyment. 3D will just never be as good as 2D . Hope CSM animation is more like JJK and less like this.
All the non-CGI scenes were amazing though.

Jan 23, 2022 11:24 PM

Oct 2021
they nailed the memory shreds scene, great job by MAPPA!!! 10/10 Episode
Jan 23, 2022 11:44 PM
Dec 2018
that felt like a full-on movie
#kyoanistrong
Jan 23, 2022 11:49 PM
Jul 2021
This ep was amazing,Idk what to say 😶
Jan 24, 2022 12:10 AM
Jan 2022
-Eren Headshot
-Memory Share
-Falco and colt moment
-Survey corps and Pixis moment
-Galliard Masterclass exit
-Eren Punch galliard brutaly
-Paths
-Eren betrayed and got betrayed by zeke
-Eren and zeke butthead
-Best Mikasa looking ever
-Nostalgia ost
-Fcking amazing opening and ending
-+Eps 4 (121 preview aka the greatest aot plot twist)
10/5
Jan 24, 2022 12:11 AM
Nov 2016
This episode was awesome, the best episode of the season so far, the latest episode of Demon Slayer was also pretty fucking awesome.

5/5 episode for both animes this week, can't wait for the next one.
Jan 24, 2022 1:18 AM

Sep 2020
ZXEAN said:
Finally watched this episode. I wanted to watch this with my friends so I waited so long. Ngl easily one of the best episode of Attack on Titan. The only complane I have is that Eren's face look a little bit wired in the path.

that's actually a perfect drawing on point with his character design
how? the character designer drew this frame LOL
Jan 24, 2022 1:30 AM
Jun 2021
I sobbed for so long. That was traumatic to watch
Jan 24, 2022 1:44 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck, what an episode. Definitely the most peak episode in a while. The whole sequence leading up to Gabi shooting Eren's head and beyond that was just *chef's kiss*

This really do be a fantastic adaptation, especially this episode. The directing, the symbolisms, and of course the brothers. The next episodes will be absolutely peak, can't wait.
Jan 24, 2022 2:21 AM

Sep 2019
ZXEAN said:
Jojo came into ereh
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 24, 2022 2:29 AM
Jun 2021
OMG!!!!! F*uckkkkkkkkkk I'm gonna die!!!!!!! Best of the best. Did you hear that sound! So nostalgic and impressive. WE GOT A NEW/OLD SNIPER GUY HERE! what the hell is going on????!!!!!!!
Jan 24, 2022 2:29 AM
Feb 2020
Konstantinos88 said:
ShadowUnown said:

mappa saved shingeki what are you talking wit dropped and we would never have it be thankful

I think this guy is nuts
I can't tell good from bad or at least can come up with a mature response
Jan 24, 2022 2:31 AM
May 2021
AHHH MY EYES CANT BEAR WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL ANIMATION :O
Jan 24, 2022 2:35 AM

Jun 2020
I thought mappa couldn't do hype episodes since i didn't like declaration of war but this was a perfect episode. i expected them to adapt the memories higurashi/pv style but the way mappa did it was genuinely unsettling, loved it.

peak kino true cinema king shit best anime of 2020 11/10

Jan 24, 2022 2:44 AM
Oct 2021
This episode was one of the best ep in Attack On Titan.What a Cliff hanger, it was so awesome I am very excited for the next episode
Jan 24, 2022 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
The hate Gabi is getting after this oh god. I really thought maybe she might change, NOPE WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.
Jan 24, 2022 3:03 AM

Dec 2020
aLotQuestion_ said:
troilus_05s said:

1) They didn't have several chances. Both the flashbacks were during their same meeting.

2) Zeke never fully trusted Eren. That's why all that plan with the fake chains. At that time, he had no way of knowing that he could command Ymir. He learned all of this after coming to the Paths. Zeke is a Royal Blood so he thought he is bound by the Vow Renouncing War. He thought he couldn't use his full power. So obviously he was going to see whether Eren was not fooling him and then touch him.
Zeke doesn't have the Founding. That is with Eren. So both of them together accessed the Paths and Zeke being an outside Royal Blood and not having the Founding Titan wasn't blocked by the Vow. So he could break it. He learned all of this in the Paths now when he was waiting for Eren to heal. He said, "It feels like I have been waiting for years for you to recover (heal from that decapitating due to Gabi's shot) and wake up."

TLDR: He didn't know this could happen when he met Eren in Marley. He thought Eren would have the full control and wanted to fully trust Eren before touching him. But now he understood he doesn't have to depend on Eren and can do it himself. He did not know this back then. Simple.

In short, the flask back in this episode is the first time they met?

The first and probably the only. Zeke was a Marleyan Warrior so it wasn't possible to meet with Eren easily. Eren had met Yelena before which Zeke mentioned in the flashback. So Yelena likely told him about Zeke's plan and they only met once to confirm it.
Jan 24, 2022 3:08 AM
Aug 2021
Pretext0r said:
The hate Gabi is getting after this oh god. I really thought maybe she might change, NOPE WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.

Wdym she didn't change?
Jan 24, 2022 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
Very unexpected turn of events. I really thought Falco would eat Reiner, but instead he ate Galliard. It was kinda obvious that he would not die, not even AoT would kill him off like that. Seems like Gabi learned nothing after all, she still tries to doom Paradise, dumb bitch. Apart from Gabi there were two other things I didn't like: First that Pieck was suddenly in titan form again and second Reiner suddenly appeard above Eren. I get that we can imagine ourselves how that happened, but stuff like that being offscreened is not cool.
Jan 24, 2022 3:19 AM
Apr 2021
Damn you MAPPA i never thought it's gonna be so fuckin sick
Jan 24, 2022 3:21 AM
Apr 2021
Hxttori said:
Pretext0r said:

Wdym she didn't change?
well maybe he thinks, she's will not shoot eren like she shoots sasha
Jan 24, 2022 3:22 AM
Aug 2015
It feels like it's been a while since we've seen these regular titans! (I guess they also appeared when Levi was guarding Zeke.)

And then in that in-between universe we're confronted with the "I've expected that you've expected that I've expected that..." play.
Jan 24, 2022 3:23 AM
May 2016
Just damn! How does a series this many seasons in just get better with every episode?
Jan 24, 2022 3:25 AM

Feb 2021
I liked this episode, it could have been better, but still it's a job well done. 4/5. Next episode should be kino if done correctly. After that... Sigh.

I find it interesting that Mikasa's scarf was depicted as black in Eren's visions(If anyone doesn't know it's black in the manga). Also no idea why Historia was with the goth and the nerd
Jan 24, 2022 3:34 AM
Aug 2021
IAMh3h3h3 said:
Hxttori said:

Wdym she didn't change?
well maybe he thinks, she's will not shoot eren like she shoots sasha

I don't understand what you said now. But I think it is far more complex than sasha's case. I think it is because he is the founding titan and she could stop the suffering before he touches zeke. But other than that she has now changed which is very evident in the anime where she reflects her action after shooting sasha and eldian's way of treating her.
Jan 24, 2022 3:37 AM

Mar 2015
Damn they bamboozled each other.

Next episode looks like a flashbacks/memories ep huh. Really hope we get Ymir's origin story, I've seen some snippets and it looks really interesting.
Jan 24, 2022 3:39 AM
Dec 2021
As a Manga reader, this was one of the parts I was looking forward to the most. And WOW, the adaptation was near perfect. The only part which I felt was a little weaker than I imagined was Porco's death and Reiner's subsequent reaction. The memory shards were interpreted so creatively and they also had a fun little Easter egg of Isayama's Attack on High School Castes characters which was also in the Manga chapter. The scene of Pixis resigning himself to his fate after his last drop of alcohol was also so impactful.

9.7/10, but I had to give it 5 stars on MAL.
Jan 24, 2022 3:45 AM

Oct 2011
Holy fuck, that may have been the best 20 minutes of anime ever made in the history of mankind.

RIP to Colt - he deserves a top 10 character spot after that unconditional love for his brother. One of Attack on Titan’s most underrated best characters. Rest In Peace soldier
Jan 24, 2022 3:59 AM

Aug 2017
That was one wild ride from start to finish. Kudos go out to MAPPA

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jan 24, 2022 4:03 AM

Jun 2016
t's been quite a long time since an anime (or a manga, or a tv show etc) made me feel so much emotions, it was just perfect.
Jan 24, 2022 4:17 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
This episode was breathtaking just wow.
I figured that Eren was just playing along I wonder what his plan is?
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jan 24, 2022 4:20 AM
May 2020
Welp the episode was straight up fire, but why no one is talking about Sauna scene>???
and ye Gothkasa.. do I even need to say how gorgeous she is.
Jan 24, 2022 4:46 AM

Aug 2019
it was extremely good
Jan 24, 2022 4:48 AM

Aug 2012
Incredible episode. Omine top notch directing.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who is the best wifu of all time ???

neel_senpai - Today

28 by Astridd_ »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

543 by kiyomi-dead- »»
Jun 18, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

283 by Orochimaru9 »»
Jun 16, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.