Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 30, 2021 5:21 PM

Aug 2020
this episode was hella intense until the end, the ost was great for the fighting scenes. That end scene surprised me

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 30, 2021 5:22 PM
Aug 2014
WOOOH it took 4 episodes but we're finally at the beginning of the large scale offensive
Oct 30, 2021 5:26 PM
Dec 2007
Well that was an episode lol. Light Novel fans eating good this weekend. 86 readers have been waiting for this episode since the adaptation was announced and Mushoku Tensei fans are getting their big pay off tomorrow.
Oct 30, 2021 5:31 PM

Mar 2020
That gives me goosebumps. I'm excited what will happen!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 30, 2021 5:32 PM
Jun 2016
*Damn you A1 and SAWANO. YOU GUYS MADE THIS EPISODE LIKE BADASSS*
Oct 30, 2021 5:33 PM

Jun 2021
As a story, I was never too crazy about 86, but they hit the jackpot when thy got A-1 Pictures to make this adaptation, because the geniuses that are working on this show made this episode a fantastic one.

The BGM, the action animation, all the subtle facial expression cuts they use. Everything was phenomenal. The transition from the ED into the final scene was excellent too.
Oct 30, 2021 5:39 PM

Apr 2020
ED is growing on me, I mean...finally I guess.
Oct 30, 2021 5:41 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Shin's smile in his mech was pretty cheesy, but aside from that a very solid and emotional scene.

It was also nice to see the return of Lena! Or should I say 'Bloody Reina'.
Oct 30, 2021 5:45 PM

Apr 2020
Yep this episode is great, although I didnt feel it that much, I know shit is finally happening. My goodness, the action in this episode is freaking insane. For once, the CG when the Legions are fighting are freaking awesome, definitely not a let down. And the scene where Frederica is crying for Shinei going insane is amazing as well.

Too bad that things are not going as great in San Magnolia, but without Lena they're all being fucked by the Legions right now. Way to go, Bloody Regina, you are the true hero of your country, now I wonder what her uncle will do...uh oh that ending shocked me.
Oct 30, 2021 5:47 PM

Apr 2020
Lamss said:
It was also nice to see the return of Lena! Or should I say 'Bloody Reina'.

Reina in Spanish means 'Queen'. That title suits her bloody right!
Oct 30, 2021 6:14 PM
Jan 2021
Double cliffhanger episode im really looking forward for the next episode it's really been a while that i deliberately wait for a series to finally dropped another episode and lena finally have screen it was good while it lasted but there's a chance she's gonna show up on the next episode so letsssss gooo........

All and all brilliant episode easily one of the best episode 86 has to offer but i got a feeling that the next episode is gonna be even better.......
Oct 30, 2021 6:19 PM
Sep 2015
Holy cow. What an episode. The action, the CGI, the narrative everything is just amazing
Oct 30, 2021 6:28 PM

Sep 2020
WOW. absolute banger of an episode. the calm has passed, and now the storm has arrived!!!

the Federacy soldier who fear the 86 will fear them even more, while hopefully the commanding officer will soon inquire Shinn more about how he knows when the Legion will attack. at least the commanding officer need to know about Shinn ability.

Lena part also really strong. if Shinn can be a highly capable soldier/pilot. Its clear Lena will show her superb commanding ability. cant wait to see how the rest of 86-er will respond to her in the emergency
Oct 30, 2021 7:12 PM

Mar 2021
Jeez that cliffhanger at the end wtf
Girls in my class start to cry if I even make eye contact with them
- Ishigami Yuu
Oct 30, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2019
Again, cool episode. The squadron get to show off their skills. For me, this series is at its best when it comes to individual character focuses. These fights against the Legions are freaking dull. All there is to these fights are human against an emotionless murdering machine army.

The animation is great.

Overall, this series is still a I don't give a fuck.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 30, 2021 7:53 PM
Aug 2020
Gween_Gween said:
Interesting cliffhanger, the episode was interesting in terms of visuals and such but it lacked tension so the result wasnt as interesting, I don't know if I can tolerate the Lena's dialogue and Frederica's dialogue going on in the same episode, the discussion with the uncle was extremely eye rolling. Decent episode

Yeah. From what I saw it's Chiaki Nagai who is in charge with Screenplay this episode, also the writer in part 2 episode 1. I'm not entirely sure if it's the sub which is messed up or,with my comprehension in Japanese , the script at that part is messed up. I'm not really sure. I might check the fansub with accurate translation.
Oct 30, 2021 8:22 PM

Jun 2020
Shit the war's about to begin and it's a bloody one

The way that they keep up and the power that they just have on the battlefield is amazing it's amazing how well they handle the battlefield than just say's the 86 team is as good as how they stand till this very day

Going back to Lena missed seeing that compassionate face it's about time she takes action, That cliffhanger gives me a bad feeling about the next episode.
Oct 30, 2021 9:10 PM

Feb 2014
This is by far the best episode that 86 has aired so far. A-1 pictures doing an excellent job in here.

And Lena is back, I missed her.
Oct 30, 2021 9:14 PM

Jan 2020
Everything is so well done as expected from this series and I love it

It was nice seeing Lena get some spotlight again lol. I feel like it's been a bit

Oct 30, 2021 9:46 PM

Mar 2021
After such an incredible episode its going to be a long week to wait to see what happens.

Also the specialized reginleif were really cool.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Oct 30, 2021 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
good episode edge Shin was kinda cheesy but hey his character is one of the very few that are interesting so his love for battle and being cracked is not a surprise his grin was enough of a tell.

was kinda shocked they had foot soldiers right on the frontlines complete utter fodder and waste of death right there

if i didnt know better id say this was start of the final battle seems like the legion is at the front door of everyone but republics is still incompetent af even in their final hours

post credits scene pls the fuck was that i havent seen such a cliffhanger in 30seconds drop a bomb like that in a while there normally not that bad just little teases lol
Oct 30, 2021 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
Quite the action-packed episode we got this week, huh? Entertaining for what it is but nothing much to say besides that. Shinei kinda realized he actually enjoys killing Legion so his battle with Kiriya for the ultimate edge-lord title sure will be legendary.
And though brief, it was also nice to see Lena again. Her situation is kinda fucked right now given how incompetent Magnolia's higher-ups continue to be but she said she won't accept defeat without giving a fight so I gotta appreciate that spirit.
Oct 30, 2021 10:54 PM
Jan 2021
The episode was fucking amazing.
Oct 30, 2021 11:43 PM
Apr 2021
Clearly whatever was in that letter triggered Shin by quite a bit.
Oct 30, 2021 11:49 PM

Sep 2018
Mmmm, that was gorgeously animated, my goodness. I dunno wtf that cliffhanger was though...

Foot soldiers in the front lines were hilarious, like what do you expect to achieve with that sort of fodder?
Oct 30, 2021 11:55 PM
Dec 2020
This show is soooooo... Underrated 😤😤😤
The recent episode 5 just gave me the goosebumps likes of which I experienced only while watching those hyped Attack on Titan moments and In Death note.
At that smile of Shin... Dammmmmn
Overall the anime is awesome, it's nothing less of a visual treat so good is its animation. And music is good too, action is one of the best I have seen in not only just mecha but every other genre.
I have high hopes from this anime... Hope it only gets better from here on😇😇👍😃
Oct 31, 2021 12:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shin's battle against Giad forces was just so great, but damn it really affects him, and Lena is finally back to command the 86, that cliffhanger is hard though, I can't wait to see the next episode now
Oct 31, 2021 12:27 AM
Jan 2021
I've seen enough. Im satisfied
Oct 31, 2021 1:04 AM
Jun 2021
Well done! This episode was epic. I haven't seen fight scene for long time. Lena look so brave and it seems like she really made her mind. We have a lot of insane Shin moments (I'm screaming inside🙀🙀) At the very end, there's a clue of next ep and I felt so excited about it! Such a masterpiece😍
Oct 31, 2021 1:31 AM

Aug 2020
Blegh , lena half was as aggravating as I would have to expected it to be. Nice cg animation , tho the lighting felt off at brief moments . The yellow haired one's spider man movements were fun , although I question the physics in work . The problem was that it lacked any sort of tension , except maybe a bit for the scenes with shin losing himself . The battle itself is the squad kicking ass , and it's not edge of the chair stuff at that point , which should be the case for war arcs.
TweedleDaneOct 31, 2021 1:36 AM
Oct 31, 2021 1:41 AM
Jan 2021
I just understood the meaning of ED after watching this episode 5...

Since I'm an International Relations student myself, watching this episode and listening to the ED at the same time, it's emotionally draining ...
Oct 31, 2021 1:52 AM

Apr 2015
Well, this episode shows that the final battle is close, the new problems to solve are the legion, their time is up, but also the republic, although they have more than one defense and Shinei must overcome the enemy's mental control.

the last chapters will be the ones that determine the success of the season
Oct 31, 2021 2:50 AM
Mar 2018
This adaptation man holy shit. Absolutely amazing.
Oct 31, 2021 2:56 AM
Mar 2018
mattnoce said:
All the machines are CGI right? If that’s the case I gotta say 86 has some of the best CGI I’ve seen in any anime. The action sequences, especially in this ep, always look really good

You gotta thank studio Shirogumi for that as they were the ones who handled all the CGI robot scenes. They are responsible for the Doraemon CG movies and the Dragon Quest movie, which had fantastic CG and looked amazing. Their most recent work in Night Head looks good too.
Oct 31, 2021 3:08 AM

Mar 2021
I still can't get over how annoying Frederica's character is. Honestly why do all these serious dark gritty anime have these annoying kids in them that take you out of the immersive world?
Oct 31, 2021 3:12 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck, insanely amazing episode. The anime is seriously elevating the light novel, the LN is already amazing for me, but the anime manages to take it even higher damn. Reading action scenes is fine and all, but seeing the action come to life is just cathartic.

Also, for those that didn't notice, it was the letter in Shin's cockpit that caused him to go berserk, he didn't go unga bunga for the lulz. That was some really fucking great action though, the CG was really well done. Shin doing his thing with close quarters combat, Raiden with the support, Theo going Spider-Man, Anju bombing with her multi-rocket launchers and Kurena sniping.

Really great to see Lena again, still as idealistic and determined as ever, but she can back it up now. That's our Bloody Reina. Her conversation with uncle Karlstahl was great. Karlstahl, knew how fucked up the republic is, but he didn't really do anything about it, well it's too late anyway now. But at least at the last moment, he did something for his niece. I can respect that.

Badass Bloody Reina speech at the end, resonating with all surviving processors for a last ditch effort against the legion. Also, that clliffhanger though, really can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 31, 2021 3:21 AM

Nov 2017
Wow this eps so great. I like shin smile when he read that letter. Also cliffhanger 10/10

Oct 31, 2021 3:57 AM
Apr 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Mmmm, that was gorgeously animated, my goodness. I dunno wtf that cliffhanger was though...

Foot soldiers in the front lines were hilarious, like what do you expect to achieve with that sort of fodder?

Hey cringe boomer, you're back!!
Anyway, answer of your question

https://www.reddit.com/r/EightySix/comments/qjj2i5/question_over_the_latest_episode_16_about_the_army/
Oct 31, 2021 4:19 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, what an episode!

Escaped 86 do make the fight seem too easy though.
Oct 31, 2021 4:20 AM
Feb 2019
TarifKabir said:
I still can't get over how annoying Frederica's character is. Honestly why do all these serious dark gritty anime have these annoying kids in them that take you out of the immersive world?
Why do you let it bother to you. If you're mature enough, you know how to deal with it. Kids act like kids, that's it.
Oct 31, 2021 4:32 AM

Dec 2015
Wow. The vision at the end makes me look forward to the next episode. Of course this hasn't really happened cause Shin would have noticed before that guy could have gotten too close to attack. But he might be on his way to attack there.
Oct 31, 2021 4:34 AM

Sep 2020
the cgi deserves a chef kiss, beatifully animated, it brings all of the cod infinte and advanced warfare vibes, man, after a boring prologue now we can see the peak of the show.
Oct 31, 2021 4:44 AM
Nov 2020
Best episode so far! Hands down. The animation, ost, everything about this episode was 10/10. Especially the last part during Lena's speech was so intense! Want to see more of my Bloody Regina. And this is only the episode 5. We have more and more episodes. Looking forward to next episodes. 86 is already one of my favorite animes not only for this year, but generally..
Oct 31, 2021 5:33 AM

Jun 2016
oh my goat !! this so intense and epic battle !!
remind me of attack on titan final : invasion episode !!

so crazy !!
Oct 31, 2021 5:48 AM
Aug 2020
This ep was insane
Oct 31, 2021 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was full of chills. Shinei getting the sweats from the no. of enemy he senses and going batshit crazy was terrifying. But Kiri getting into the mind at the end was horrific. What a way to introduce a character.

So with every nation front getting attacked; is this the end of all? Are we getting to the end?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 31, 2021 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
This season so far is amazing and this just might have been one of best episodes so far of the show. Absolutely stunning.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Oct 31, 2021 7:18 AM

Aug 2018
First season was decent but this season's been knocking it out of the park. This episode was incredible
Oct 31, 2021 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
What was in Shin's Chest pocket that protected him from Basically being killed? Was it Frederica's camera? That's what it seemed like to me.

Wow Crazy episode! Shin fighting was incredible and the music synced up perfectly.

Lena is back and she is BLOODY REGINA NOW. I love it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2021 7:47 AM

Sep 2018
SoraSenpai said:
What was in Shin's Chest pocket that protected him from Basically being killed? Was it Frederica's camera? That's what it seemed like to me.

Wow Crazy episode! Shin fighting was incredible and the music synced up perfectly.

Lena is back and she is BLOODY REGINA NOW. I love it.

His brother's insignia (or whatever you'd like to call it)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

537 by Alfred0098 »»
Today, 6:19 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

301 by Alfred0098 »»
Today, 6:19 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2021

214 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 11, 5:53 AM

» [SPOILER]. If they make a second season would it be a romance?

Superninjaboy2 - Jun 3

12 by Flacion »»
Jun 4, 10:50 AM

» Light Novel after anime??

RadicalSanta - Oct 11, 2022

23 by rayanDON »»
Jun 1, 10:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.