Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Sep 2019
they just loli’d the loli… DOUBLE CUTENESS

Liked Tohru’s backstory, her dragon form was cute as well
Sep 15, 2021 3:09 PM

Apr 2018
Nah man baby Kanna is illegally cute. Baby Tohru too.

Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Sep 15, 2021 3:15 PM

Apr 2015
Tohru's tail as a massage chair sounds heavenly. I need one of those.

Baby Tohru was the most adorable smol thing ever!!! Was nice to see more backstory on how Tohru has lived her life and how Tohru's father given her the freedom to choose whatever she wants to do.

Festival next week! How in earth did they manage to find a Yukata that fit Ilulu? Seemed like an impossible challenge.
Sep 15, 2021 3:41 PM

Oct 2008
Aw... kinda sad they never showed Iruru in the flashback sequence.
Sep 15, 2021 3:59 PM

Nov 2019
Aw, the spoiler only makes me wish for more of Tohru and Elma's journey. Well, the anime offers not much of a progression, but a lot of plots.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 15, 2021 4:24 PM

Sep 2017
Shouta's father always looks so sketchy. Was nice to get the backstory from the perspective of both Tohru and her father. And dragon Lucoa was awesome. She is massive.
Sep 15, 2021 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
Tohru fighting god was a surprise this explained more about Tohru's past was missing something else to comment on her.
Sep 15, 2021 4:52 PM
Dec 2020
Baby dragon tohru is good enough to be a pokemon XD
Sep 15, 2021 4:57 PM

Oct 2020
Heh, Tohru's tail massage chair seems to be really effective. So, apparently, Tohru's father and Shouta's father are friends, interesting. A lot of insight into the history of dragons especially, Tohru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2021 6:15 PM

Jun 2019
They acted like diving deep into Tohru’s backstory was a huge development to understanding who she is, but it really doesn’t feel like anything changed. Not her character, nor the way I view her. I liked that we learned more about the Dragon World and what the other prominent Dragons were up to at that time though.
Sep 15, 2021 7:35 PM
Aug 2015
Atavistic said:
While I have no qualms with the strong emotional and lore-focused core of this episode, the way we got to that point felt a little contrived: so, Kobayashi happened to recognise magical spells in the programming code (has she ever seen magical spells written down to be able to notice that?) and Tohru's father just so happened to be there in the office when she discovered that to exposit Tohru's backstory? And that's not even mentioning how strange it is to jump from "I recognised magic spells in our programming code" to "give me Tohru's backstory on how she arrived in this world".

i believe that kobayashi when saw the spell wroten by tohru have similar logic or structure as the code she developed not necessary the programming language
Sep 15, 2021 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
Emperor of Demise is actually a pretty decent father. Who would have thought?

So... Kobayashi was able to touch and even remove a sword forged by a deity like it was nothing? Okay.

Anyways, pretty nice episode. I was never really interested in this show's lore but the way in how it was told was quite fascinating to follow. Same goes for Tohru's backstory.

I'm ded

Mod Edit:Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
babyakiSep 17, 2021 3:44 PM
Sep 15, 2021 8:38 PM
Oct 2013
Where can I buy the premium seat? Hands down best episode across both season. The execution can't get any better than this. Wasn't expecting the backstory to be this meticulous.
Glad that they don't waste time in delivering the meat of the story instead of another battle actions scenes. Good for Tohru that she finally found what she wants to do.
Sep 15, 2021 8:53 PM

Nov 2015
If there were a magic programming language, I think they could do better than Python. (You can see it's Python when they've shown the screens.) It's not a bad language, but not that special either.

Loved this episode though. I think Kobayashi and Tohru both gained a great deal of understanding toward one another. It was certainly a heavier and less comedic episode than usual, but they really did it well and made it work.

Also, I think Kobayashi understands Tohru's father a bit better. The chains hang as heavy on him as on Tohru, or even more so.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Sep 15, 2021 9:20 PM

Feb 2014
Tohru :Origins was good to see. How she came to be and how her journey with the others started was a sweet memory.

Superismaeel said:

Also Baby Kanna existed once, let that soak in.

Mod Edit: Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.

Best of the bits. She can have all the attention she wants.
babyakiSep 17, 2021 3:47 PM
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 15, 2021 10:24 PM
Mar 2021
To describe this episode I have so many words like awesome, amazing, brilliant,etc this episode is my one of the most favorite episode of this anime series
Sep 16, 2021 12:23 AM
Jul 2021
It was a good episode I didn’t really find anything wrong with it and enjoyed it.
Sep 16, 2021 2:29 AM
Nov 2019
OK did anyone else pickup on how they described Kobayashi when they were in the bar.

They referred to her becoming "Persephone" - Queen of the underworld. But then stating she was closer to "Demophon".

Is Kobayashi much more powerfull than she realises and is she actually an Isekai OP MC in the dragons world?

This would explain why she could pull out the gods sword from Tohru back at the start of season 1 (could it be a sword in the stone parallel?)
Sep 16, 2021 2:43 AM
Oct 2020
penrhos said:
OK did anyone else pickup on how they described Kobayashi when they were in the bar.

They referred to her becoming "Persephone" - Queen of the underworld. But then stating she was closer to "Demophon".

Is Kobayashi much more powerfull than she realises and is she actually an Isekai OP MC in the dragons world?

This would explain why she could pull out the gods sword from Tohru back at the start of season 1 (could it be a sword in the stone parallel?)
has the topic about the sword and what is revealed in the manga
Sep 16, 2021 2:51 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting and very good chapter.
Tohru looked adorable in her dragon mode xd
Sep 16, 2021 4:15 AM
Aug 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
penrhos said:

which chapter in the manga?
Sep 16, 2021 4:50 AM
Oct 2019
Didn't expect Serious Backstory Episode today...

Baby Tohru and Baby Kanna.
Cuteness Overload..

That's Kyoto Animation for you, there is no Single CGI on the Dragons at all.
Absolutely Fantastic!!!

I'm bit sad Next week is the Season Finale.
But looks like we gonna get OVA as well next year (i read it on wiki)
Sep 16, 2021 5:03 AM
Oct 2020
alteriasaber said:
GeanWolf2000 said:
chapters 88 and 99
Sep 16, 2021 5:07 AM
Aug 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
alteriasaber said:
chapters 88 and 99
thank you!!

[15 characters]
Sep 16, 2021 7:21 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode! Seeing baby dragon Tohru while The Emperor of Demise was telling her story all serious and shit was so cute and hilarious lmao. I love that we're finding out more about the fantasy world, this some good worldbuilding. Kobayashi was right. that was really heavy. Emperor of Demise is actually a good dad though.

Can't believe we got an even smaller and cuter Kanna, that's too much cuteness Wady Toohu. Now that I saw the scene where Kobayashi and Tohru met again, Kobayashi pulling out that God sword out of Tohru might become important later on. Looking forward to the season finale. Hope we get a 3rd season.
Sep 16, 2021 7:34 AM
May 2021
Nice full backstory about tohru, 75% story in this episode was tohru and it's more interesting than Elma backstory, almost no joke at all compensated with deep back story and better storytelling than earlier episode plus we have two POV....yeah double the fun
Sep 16, 2021 7:57 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Nice to see a Tooru focused Episode. Good to get some insight on her past

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 16, 2021 8:17 AM
Oct 2020
dasprn said:
Tohru :Origins was good to see. How she came to be and how her journey with the others started was a sweet memory.

Superismaeel said:

Also Baby Kanna existed once, let that soak in.

Mod Edit: Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.

Best of the bits. She can have all the attention she wants.
this episode adapted chapters 49, 57 and 58 of the manga

babyakiSep 17, 2021 3:46 PM
Sep 16, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2015
Wow i'm surprised Elma didn't take any offense to Tohru being direct or unknowing about things, But DAMN that dragon tail is not only helpful for serving dragon meat, but as a back massager as well??

Tohru as a baby dragon is just too cute !

It's good to see the good and bad intentions from both factions, after all, no sides are perfect, or perfectly moral, there will always be ups and downs. And this is way more realistic. Critical thinking on point!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 16, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2021
the lore is too much for drama-slice of life anime. this lore definitely need spin off manga/anime, about Dragon life until Tohru meet Kobayashi, maybe with final battle against Gods ending.

I still dont know who is the God who fight Tohru, looking on his trisula probably he is Neptune/Poseidon but why he throwing a sword (probably the sword is Damocles aka Tohru dad sword)

or maybe can connect to Damocles lore where is The king is Tohru dad then the Damocles is Tohru
Sep 16, 2021 11:57 AM
Oct 2020
ReiseReise4 said:
the lore is too much for drama-slice of life anime. this lore definitely need spin off manga/anime, about Dragon life until Tohru meet Kobayashi, maybe with final battle against Gods ending.

I still dont know who is the God who fight Tohru, looking on his trisula probably he is Neptune/Poseidon but why he throwing a sword (probably the sword is Damocles aka Tohru dad sword)

or maybe can connect to Damocles lore where is The king is Tohru dad then the Damocles is Tohru
What? Is commentary no make sense
Sep 16, 2021 12:07 PM
Oct 2020
does anyone have wallpapers of dragons? it would be nice.
Sep 16, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2019
this episode was peak fiction
y'all should watch haibane renmei
Sep 16, 2021 1:00 PM

Sep 2018
For a season 2 some were predicting to be a huge fail I'm pleased to find myself not liking this every bit as much as the first season but actually liking it a fair bit more.

I think the show has barely put a foot wrong, and even the content some found questionable I thought was well handled and pretty funny.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 16, 2021 3:38 PM
Aug 2021
This episode was heavy. You learn a lot.
Sep 16, 2021 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
I actually know someone who's a Scorpio and had to deal with a troll this week. I showed her this week's "Who's Rotten" and she was surprised at how accurate it was.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 16, 2021 4:36 PM

Mar 2018
great episode for backstory and GODDAMN LUCOA IS MASSIVE

i didnt know kanna could get any smaller lol

i want to see more of the chaos vs god faction now too hopefully we do

Sep 16, 2021 5:05 PM

Jun 2021
Interesting episode

At times, I felt that some of the stories from this season were rushed, so I was kind of surprised that they decided to use an entire episode to do a backstory on Tohru. The story was good, but again, not something I expected from a penultimate episode of the season.

Cannot believe we are down to one final episode. Going to miss this show so much.
Sep 16, 2021 5:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This is probably my favorite episode of the series we finally get some backstory on Tohru and the rest of the dragons, but I find it very odd that we got this kind of episode when the anime is reaching its climax unless they have something special planned for the last episode. I'm still curious to how Ilulu fits into all this, but once again she didn't get any screen time.
Sep 16, 2021 6:16 PM
Oct 2020
borderliner said:
For a season 2 some were predicting to be a huge fail I'm pleased to find myself not liking this every bit as much as the first season but actually liking it a fair bit more.

I think the show has barely put a foot wrong, and even the content some found questionable I thought was well handled and pretty funny.

I didn't see anyone saying it would be a failure, on the contrary, we wanted and were looking forward to s2, what everyone expected was the stupid complaint about ilulu. I wanted to know where they got this weird information from.
Sep 16, 2021 6:19 PM
Oct 2020
AddaeAkono said:
This is probably my favorite episode of the series we finally get some backstory on Tohru and the rest of the dragons, but I find it very odd that we got this kind of episode when the anime is reaching its climax unless they have something special planned for the last episode. I'm still curious to how Ilulu fits into all this, but once again she didn't get any screen time.
her parents died in the war but she didn't have a connection to Tooru, she just knew her and that issue will be developed in the next arc, hopefully in season three.
Sep 16, 2021 6:23 PM
Oct 2020
KYOANI, MAID DRAGIN SEASON 3! 💖
Sep 16, 2021 6:43 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:
AddaeAkono said:
her parents died in the war but she didn't have a connection to Tooru, she just knew her and that issue will be developed in the next arc, hopefully in season three.

Oh, I see now. Ilulu is such a interesting character and I love her character design. I just wanted to see more of her
Sep 17, 2021 12:56 AM
Jan 2021
alteriasaber said:
guys i think this season is better than the first one...at least for me

No just you. I enjoyed it alot more than season 1.
Sep 17, 2021 1:02 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was so interesting and great. It was nice to see tohoru backstory and mini Kanna. Kobayashi with her back pain was very relatable.
Sep 17, 2021 4:25 AM

Jul 2020
In this days, I still wondered how the fuck Kobayashi removed that giant sword lmao
Sep 17, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode. baby Tohru and baby Kanna were both cute
Sep 17, 2021 6:29 AM

May 2014
Another great episode again and this time its about Kobayashi's back and Tohru's backstory
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2021 6:58 AM
Aug 2018
I'm really amazed by the shape of the lucoa dragon, he is very big and maybe he is the strongest dragon in this series
Sep 17, 2021 8:27 AM
Oct 2020
HD90 said:
I'm really amazed by the shape of the lucoa dragon, he is very big and maybe he is the strongest dragon in this series
yes she is very powerful
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Sequel(?)

V1P3R0P - Sep 6

30 by V1P3R0P »»
Yesterday, 7:28 PM

» New sequel officially announced!!!

Dbagas8 - Yesterday

13 by PastUchiha98 »»
Yesterday, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2021

280 by PunkNMetalhead »»
Sep 7, 12:25 AM

» Any Idea on season 3?

sunprincess01 - May 24, 2023

7 by AdriTm »»
Aug 22, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

226 by XB0X »»
Jul 21, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.