Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 12, 2021 8:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Even with all the plot that went down near the end of the episode, the highlight for me was Machi and Yuki having that moment together. After season 2, Machi became easily one of my favorite characters in the show, so glad she’s getting some focus, and has potential to get with Yuki, another one of my favorites lol.
Apr 12, 2021 9:06 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
ATTA BOY SHIGURE, GET SOME

Ok, with that out of the way. That was some spicy stuff. When Akita said Ren, I thought she meant Rin. But after a quick google search, it was Akito's mother he slept with. So Shigure both loves and hates Akito. How strange.

Looks like Machi is really coming out of her shell, so much so she and Yuki are starting to get more and more little moments.

Kyou and Tohru also get some moments too.

Overall a fun one. Gotta give Shigure another high five though.
Apr 12, 2021 9:45 PM
Mar 2021
Not gonna lie, my expression the whole time was just :0 omg Shigure just annoys me for no reason at all but honestly it makes me kinda sad how Akito is always saying “you’re all mine I can do whatever I want with you. We’re forever bonded.” Or whatever, because it never really sounds like a statement, it just sounds like she’s trying to convince herself that it’s true.

Oh also that lil moment between Kyo and Tohru with the paper flower had me in tears 😭😭👍
Apr 12, 2021 10:10 PM

Nov 2008
SC__Anderson said:

Take into consideration Isuzu, she still hates Hatsuharu. Even in this season she still hates him and simply moves away from him.

What? What makes you think Rin hates him? She loves him; you've misunderstood her character completely?

Kyo is another example, he's that tsundere guy who hasn't even resolved anything and kept leaning on Tooru just doing all the romance.

Kyou has a very good reason for keeping his distance.

I hate to say this but the similar thing goes to Yuki. Even he can't be honest with himself and still wants to get glued to Tooru

Yeah no. Yuki is focusing on Machi and the show is making it pretty obvious.

Kureno is so attached to Akito and still wants to stay alongside her even with his curse disbanded. He still wants to stay with someone who already abused him before? That's terrible!
And just because it's a "FAKE" bond that Akito made, IT-DOESN'T-MAKE-ANY-FKING-SENSE!!!

Kureno outright said "it wasn't the Zodiac bond; it was because he sees Akito as a vulnerable, tortured woman".

Gee, someone sure doesn't pay attention.

This anime is unwatchable.

It would be watchable for you if you understood it lol

You better kick yourself out and find another anime that can explain problems and find solutions better and more simple than this anime full of "complicated mess".

It's not a mess. It's just a big story because there is a big cast and lots of tangled relationships.

Season 1: Introducing the characters and showing what they are going through as they bond with others

Season 2: Revealing most of the secrets and darkest trauma of the characters, deepening bonds and forming new ones with new characters. (we saw a lot of this with Yuki)

Season 3: Having the characters move past their trauma and learning to finally be happy.

Apr 12, 2021 10:31 PM

Feb 2014
This episode feels like two sides of a coin.

On one side, we got our light-hearted and sweet moments, with Tohru and Kyo having their cute alone time together, whereas Yuki and Machi also had a really cute moment on the stairs. I couldn't help but laugh when Machi spent a lot of time finding Yuki, but after a few seconds, wanted to leave, but not before throwing the paper flowers at his head! XD

However, the other side of the coin was filled with some powerful revelations and thick tension between Shigure and Aktio. We get to see a proper sinister side of Shigure during his argument with Akito, where not only did Shigure correctly accuse Akito of sleeping with Kureno, but Shigure himself admitted that because of that fact, he ended up sleeping with Akito's mother, Ren, in revenge. Talk about ruthless...

Out of desperation during their argument, Akito moved in to kiss Shigure, which led to them sleeping together at the end. Go figure! =P

Either way, I really loved this episode and how it didn't hold back with all of the revelations on one side, while also continuing to give us the sweet fluffy moments on the other side.
Apr 12, 2021 10:49 PM

Jun 2019
Shigure being the best boy once again. We also got to see a kiss. Nice.
Apr 12, 2021 11:40 PM
Mar 2019

Omg , I love the SHIPS mannn !! Let's goo , Yuki X Machi and Tohru X Kyo is PERFECT.
I'm really looking forward to all the action that's gonna be in this season, but also...I'm really sad that this absolute gem of an anime is gonna end this year.
Apr 12, 2021 11:48 PM
Jul 2020
i know the seggs scene will happened. lmao my eyes :'^))
Apr 12, 2021 11:59 PM
Aug 2020
Is no one going to talk about how Kyo has his own fan club now. Complete with crazy girls.
Apr 13, 2021 12:10 AM
May 2019
KingGarland said:
Is no one going to talk about how Kyo has his own fan club now. Complete with crazy girls.

He's had one for a while, though I think that is made more evident in the manga (like brief moments in the past that the anime had to cut out for time, iirc). He also had that admirer in the School Trip episode in Season 2, so it didn't come completely out of nowhere.
Apr 13, 2021 12:22 AM
Sep 2019
Chiibi said:
SC__Anderson said:

Take into consideration Isuzu, she still hates Hatsuharu. Even in this season she still hates him and simply moves away from him.

What? What makes you think Rin hates him? She loves him; you've misunderstood her character completely?

Kyo is another example, he's that tsundere guy who hasn't even resolved anything and kept leaning on Tooru just doing all the romance.

I hate to say this but the similar thing goes to Yuki. Even he can't be honest with himself and still wants to get glued to Tooru

Kureno is so attached to Akito and still wants to stay alongside her even with his curse disbanded. He still wants to stay with someone who already abused him before? That's terrible!
And just because it's a "FAKE" bond that Akito made, IT-DOESN'T-MAKE-ANY-FKING-SENSE!!!

Kureno outright said "it wasn't the Zodiac bond; it was because he sees Akito as a vulnerable, tortured woman".

You better kick yourself out and find another anime that can explain problems and find solutions better and more simple than this anime full of "complicated mess".

It's not a mess. It's just a big story because there is a big cast and lots of tangled relationships.

Season 1: Introducing the characters and showing what they are going through as they bond with others

Season 2: Revealing most of the secrets and darkest trauma of the characters, deepening bonds and forming new ones with new characters. (we saw a lot of this with Yuki)

Season 3: Having the characters move past their trauma and learning to finally be happy.

A very eloquent and elegant response to that mess and done neatly and objectively, to the point. I 100% agree with everything you said.
Apr 13, 2021 12:48 AM
Aug 2020
Wow this ep was emotionally full... And the OP and ED were sooooo good!
Apr 13, 2021 1:12 AM

Sep 2019
SC__Anderson said:
I'VE HAD IT! This story could've had enough of its repetition of the past!
I thought Fruits Basket was gonna be a straightforward 3rd and Final season but it's not, it's still repeats mistakes from the 2nd season! What's the purpose of this anime having to exist if it's just being repetitive and having crybabies, Huh?

HEAR ME OUT, Don't get me wrong!

If you'll look back to the 2nd half of 2nd season, this is where things should've already been a step forward, and to find the members' resolve.
What happened instead? They just keep being dishonest to themselves and kept remembering their dark past, especially the flashbacks(most of which were already shown in the 1st season although it's brief). They barbecued the entire time in Autumn for nothing and it's already Winter, there isn't enough time left to make up with that resolve right? Or else face permanent confinement, never to be disbanded.
Take into consideration Isuzu, she still hates Hatsuharu. Even in this season she still hates him and simply moves away from him. Hatsuharu is struggling to get her respect back because she keeps staying away, therefore their problems cannot be resolved and they can't get their proper relationship back.
I hate to say this but the similar thing goes to Yuki. Even he can't be honest with himself and still wants to get glued to Tooru, despite Manabe trying to cheer him up, but what he's doing isn't funny. It's just cringe.

Akito is not excused, because all that hypocrisy she had done was already beyond the line, in other words "It's all her fault from the beginning". And he just step away from Tooru and go back home.
Which is why I was very disappointed with the ending of S2, it's terrible because of him resisting to live freely. That terrible start happened again in the 1st episode.

And Tooru can't even ask Shigure about what Kureno said about that "stupid" bonds, just because she's scared. If she asked, then at least she has an idea why.

This anime is unwatchable. I can't hold back anymore in watching it. It'd be better if the story was properly executed, the same path from where the 1st half of S2 left off .

Don't be fooled with the OP and ED, it's just making you love the anime that doesn't even entertain you. This is now one of the worst anime I've ever watched.

I’m a manga reader and from what I have read from your response is suggesting that you clearly misunderstood each character you mentioned and not specifically paying attention.

“Izusu still hates Hatsuharu” Rin doesn’t hate Hatsuharu. You knew Haru won’t be fooled by that nonsense and for herself. Rin is obviously finding a way to break the curse, so Haru won’t be involved with anymore trauma, regarding the zodiac curse. What if she doesn’t do anything? It would be pointless for her to exist in the show. Besides

“I hate to say this but the similar thing goes to Yuki. Even he can't be honest with himself and still wants to get glued to Tooru, despite Manabe trying to cheer him up, but what he's doing isn't funny. It's just cringe.” Fyi, Yuki is being focused on his relationship on Machi now and most of his character development is done after s2.

“Kyo is another example, he's that tsundere guy who hasn't even resolved anything and kept leaning on Tooru just doing all the romance.” Why don’t you just patiently wait for the time it will happen?
There is a reason why Kyo is feeling so much guilt in himself and you may have been hinted in s1 and s2.

“This anime is unwatchable” If you had the guts to fully understand this.

“ You better kick yourself out and find another anime that can explain problems and find solutions better and more simple than this anime full of "complicated mess" Woah woah there, goodness me. This anime series is long due to the big cast and the complications of relationships within the zodiac curse. I’m definitely feeling that your simply too impatient for this and it’s about to happen soon.
Apr 13, 2021 2:17 AM
Mar 2018
Oh man, the amount of sparks flying around. Yuki and Machi having their moment, Kyou being soft for Tohru again.

Not down bad, but wiishing I was Akito for two reasons... Or nevermind

Apr 13, 2021 5:43 AM

Jan 2020
Chiibi said:
peachyixxy said:

Yeah, most people are still gonna find it weird to date or sleep with your cousin. Regardless of legality, it's still controversial. I don't care about dictionary definitions. I, and lots of other viewers (granted mostly Western viewers), think it's weird.

Finding something "weird"=/= illegal sexual relationships.
"People from a different country find other country's cultures "weird". More at 11.

Dude... I know lol. My original post was talking about how *I* find it weird and morally wrong, and how it's impacting my viewing of the show (and plenty of other people bc I'm certainly not the only one). I don't care that it's "normal" in other countries or if other viewers don't mind it in the show. Stop trying to defend incest or pseudo-incest to me, though
Apr 13, 2021 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
So Shigure was kicked out of the main Soma household because he slept with Akito's mother in retatliation for Akito sleeping with Kureno instead of him? Weirdness of this rampant incest aside, these are some interesting developments and we're finally getting some true context of the kind of person Shigure is and has been all along. Elsewhere, it was nice to see Machi and Yuki get a moment together and same for Tohru and Kyo, though the comedic elements at the school still don't work for me at all.

I also still don't like how the writing seems to be trying to make Akito more sympathetic this season, as she really doesn't deserve it. But I guess they do need to do something else with her at this point rather than having her lash out all the time if things are to progress at all.
Apr 13, 2021 6:59 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of stuff here!
Ok Shigure, now i get why..

But i have a question, i didn't read the manga so I'm not sure if i didn't catch it or i just have to wait to know:
Was that Shigure and Akito's fist time?
Apr 13, 2021 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
Truly a final season. Everybody's got somebody but me. The ships are sailing now.
And this time even the silent Machi is changing. You go girl.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 13, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2020
Farabeuf said:
MoonDragon72 said:
Jesus, every character in this show needs a fucking therapist

Agree. None more than Akito, though. Lots and lots and lots of therapy.
this. i really wish were more (and better) therapy depictions in general. so would be be fewer stories about "love can fix everything" which is incomplete/fallacious fact

tho don't think Furuba intends to deliver that message as it has many more complexities than just codependency. and highlights the importance of bounds (not only romantic, also friendship and family) but also gives importance to autonomy and if it hurts, it must be changed.
obviously everything would be much less suffered with counseling involved jaja
Apr 13, 2021 8:24 AM
Jan 2020
The thing I especially enjoy about the characters of Fruits Basket is that I can understand their motivations and why they do things. I may not agree with what they do, but I can see the progression of their emotional states and their decision-making process.

Shigure felt incredibly hurt and betrayed when Akito slept with Kureno so that is why he reacted by sleeping with Ren. But that's not the only reason, there are also other motivations for both Ren and Shigure and I'm pretty sure the anime will reveal them later.

And I wonder if people are misunderstanding Shigure's feelings of "I want to crush Akito". Yes, Shigure is a bit of a sadist, but I don't think he means it in a malicious way. I think he's just so frustrated with Akito's actions and behavior that he wishes he could wipe the slate clean and start everything over. Honestly, I think most of the problems in Shigure's and Akito's relationship stems from the Zodiac issue, which is why Shigure is so eager and desperate to break the curse. If it was just Shigure and Akito living alone together somewhere, I think they'd be perfectly happy.

I think what makes Fruits Basket so unique is that it goes beyond the typical 'dere' spectrum and shows people with real (and intense) emotions and how they can be both good and bad.

Machi fans will definitely want to watch next week's episode since it has (what I think) is the sweetest Machi scene.
Apr 13, 2021 9:27 AM
Mar 2019
shigure fucked akito's mom......... damn
Apr 13, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
peachyixxy said:
Stop trying to defend incest or pseudo-incest to me, though

But it's not "incest" so please stop calling it that. You're going to give others the wrong impression about such a wholesome show.

@lazymundane oh, thank you for the compliment :3

@AnitadelaBrisa

From what I understand...going to therapy is really looked down on with shame in Japan. It's so awful in fact that my friend who is an English teacher over there says "kids with special needs are put into the same class as regular kids".

Talk about a nightmare....it's unfortunate...but it explains a lot about the lack of therapy in anime and other Japanese programming......
ChiibiApr 13, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 13, 2021 9:37 AM
May 2019
Ika_ said:
A lot of stuff here!

But i have a question, i didn't read the manga so I'm not sure if i didn't catch it or i just have to wait to know:

It wasn't. Shigure's words before he kisses Akito back implies that they've done it before and there are various moments in the previous episodes that imply this. Two examples off the top of my head are:

1.Season 1, Episode 10. This was the Valentine's Day episode. Shigure visits Akito at the estate and Hatori tells him to make sure Akito doesn't get cold/catch a cold.

2. In Season 2, during the episode when Shigure invites Akito to the Beach House, he closes the window as Akito kinda leans into him.

There are other moments too, I bet. But those were two moments that I remember the most.
Apr 13, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2013
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
Ika_ said:
A lot of stuff here!

It wasn't. Shigure's words before he kisses Akito back implies that they've done it before and there are various moments in the previous episodes that imply this. Two examples off the top of my head are:

1.Season 1, Episode 10. This was the Valentine's Day episode. Shigure visits Akito at the estate and Hatori tells him to make sure Akito doesn't get cold/catch a cold.

2. In Season 2, during the episode when Shigure invites Akito to the Beach House, he closes the window as Akito kinda leans into him.

There are other moments too, I bet. But those were two moments that I remember the most.

Ok, thank you!
I was almost sure it wasn't, but i didn't remember that moments you mentioned at all, guess i should do a rewatch after it ends ahah

Edit: So basically it wasn't the first time after they fought either!?!?
Ika_Apr 13, 2021 9:50 AM
Apr 13, 2021 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
Yeah Akito can fuck around with all the men she wants but if Shigure fuck someone else it's bad, logic 100.
Apr 13, 2021 11:26 AM

Nov 2014
SC__Anderson said:
I'VE HAD IT! This story could've had enough of its repetition of the past!
I thought Fruits Basket was gonna be a straightforward 3rd and Final season but it's not, it's still repeats mistakes from the 2nd season! What's the purpose of this anime having to exist if it's just being repetitive and having crybabies, Huh?

HEAR ME OUT, Don't get me wrong!

If you'll look back to the 2nd half of 2nd season, this is where things should've already been a step forward, and to find the members' resolve.
What happened instead? They just keep being dishonest to themselves and kept remembering their dark past, especially the flashbacks(most of which were already shown in the 1st season although it's brief). They barbecued the entire time in Autumn for nothing and it's already Winter, there isn't enough time left to make up with that resolve right? Or else face permanent confinement, never to be disbanded.
Take into consideration Isuzu, she still hates Hatsuharu. Even in this season she still hates him and simply moves away from him. Hatsuharu is struggling to get her respect back because she keeps staying away, therefore their problems cannot be resolved and they can't get their proper relationship back.
I hate to say this but the similar thing goes to Yuki. Even he can't be honest with himself and still wants to get glued to Tooru, despite Manabe trying to cheer him up, but what he's doing isn't funny. It's just cringe.

Akito is not excused, because all that hypocrisy she had done was already beyond the line, in other words "It's all her fault from the beginning". And he just step away from Tooru and go back home.
Which is why I was very disappointed with the ending of S2, it's terrible because of him resisting to live freely. That terrible start happened again in the 1st episode.

And Tooru can't even ask Shigure about what Kureno said about that "stupid" bonds, just because she's scared. If she asked, then at least she has an idea why.

This anime is unwatchable. I can't hold back anymore in watching it. It'd be better if the story was properly executed, the same path from where the 1st half of S2 left off .

Don't be fooled with the OP and ED, it's just making you love the anime that doesn't even entertain you. This is now one of the worst anime I've ever watched.
Pfff...HAHAHAHA

You are making yourself look like a freaking idiot xD Jesus christ, this has to be the dumbest post I have ever seen. Furuba was a long running series, it didn't have to take TWO seasons for things to sort out, if it did, then it would have been rushed and poorly done and you would've still complained.

Like someone mentioned:
Season 1 was introducing us to the characters
Season 2 began to unfold dark secrets surrounding the Sohmas and gave us more reason to understand them and also a road of "finding your own path" for some of the characters.
Season 3 is called the Final for a reason, this is where things will be solved out, where people can move on and finally be free from their painful curse.

What got you to think that Rin hates Haru? She still loves him, but she doesn't want him to get hurt, she wants to find a way to break the curse, so she can finally be with him. Pay attention.

Yuki is slowly but surely moving away from relying on Tohru and began to open himself up more for his friends at school and even opening himself up for Machi. Again, pay attention.

Kyo is a complicated character, if you haven't paid attention as of why he is complicated and why he is the way he is, then you haven't understood the show at all. Yet again, pay attention.

Kureno simply can't leave Akito because of many reasons, there were no one else she could rely on in the Sohma household, so she targeted the fragile and kind-hearted Kureno who didn't have a heart to abandon her even to this day 'cause he sees her as a "fragile tortured woman", but he still wishes to leave one day to be with Arisa.

It is your own fault if you can't understand the show, it is all by paying attention, I rarely do when I watch anime, but Fruits Basket hits close home to me and reading your post made me laugh at loud. Here you go, have a clown card 🤡
TheOneOfSevenApr 13, 2021 11:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2021
holy crap shigure
All the stars in the sky await you!
Apr 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Apr 2020
Chiibi said:
peachyixxy said:
Stop trying to defend incest or pseudo-incest to me, though

But it's not "incest" so please stop calling it that. You're going to give others the wrong impression about such a wholesome show.

@lazymundane oh, thank you for the compliment :3

@AnitadelaBrisa

From what I understand...going to therapy is really looked down on with shame in Japan. It's so awful in fact that my friend who is an English teacher over there says "kids with special needs are put into the same class as regular kids".

Talk about a nightmare....it's unfortunate...but it explains a lot about the lack of therapy in anime and other Japanese programming......

ou, didnt know it! my bad for naturalizing the practice (cuz my valid personal and western experience)
anyway, it doesn't bother me so much there's directly no therapy intentions as in Furuba than in other narratives especially BL manga or generic school shoujos when they romanticize a bond and name it as a kinda therapy or "cure" for their trauma/mental issues.
Would it be very delusional a version where the legend's zoodiac wheel was actually a round of group therapy and Thoru was the counselor? ajjajaj

btw agree that it's NOT incest, plus the Souma clan is big enough everyone can be called cousins but none are really that close by blood bond
Apr 13, 2021 12:42 PM
Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
SC__Anderson said:

XD Epic reply man , personally love the series...don't understand why people just hate it outta nowhere
Apr 13, 2021 12:46 PM
Mar 2019
be4 said:
The whole situation between Shigeru and Akito is just too weird and messed up...
At least with all the drama going on, we got to see flower scenes with Yuki x Machi and Kyou x Tooru. They're so cute!!!
Love the new OP ^^

It was wholesome as heck and damn the ships in this anime are sooo damn cute !!
Apr 13, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2008
AnitadelaBrisa said:

ou, didnt know it!

I didn't either! I was shocked when he told me all that! It's very stressful for him to deal with autistic students.

my bad for naturalizing the practice (cuz my valid personal and western experience)

No need to apologize...xD I mean, unless you live in said country or talk to someone who does in detail, it's not really common knowledge.

Would it be very delusional a version where the legend's zoodiac wheel was actually a round of group therapy and Thoru was the counselor? ajjajaj

That's pretty much what she already is. xD Ironically, she needs therapy too...grief counseling, at least!

Apr 13, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
Shigure & Akito have a such a toxic relationship with the way they play mind games with and purposefully hurt each other. Shigure is one of the most compelling characters with the way it's hard to tell whether you love him or hate him, even this far into the anime.

This ep brought such sweet moments for both Yuki AND Kyo! How can they be so different yet so damn adorable when they're in love?!
Apr 13, 2021 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
Damn. That was spicy.
Apr 13, 2021 2:06 PM

Apr 2020
Chiibi said:

That's pretty much what she already is. xD Ironically, she needs therapy too...grief counseling, at least!
the netflix version ajaj Thoru's doing an upaid work
_anitaApr 13, 2021 2:10 PM
Apr 13, 2021 2:34 PM

Sep 2017
Very intriguing episode. I feel we are finally able to get a glimpse into how Shigure feels about Akito and this whole situation in general. It's quite a surprising one. Pretty fucked up as well. I still don't feel like I really have him figured out tho, and that's a good thing.
Apr 13, 2021 3:09 PM
Jan 2010
I'm too old to be satisfied with cute love between two main couples.
I NEED CHAOS! AND DRAMA.
And Shigure, the motherfucker, provides.
One of the best episodes. The third season is so far a very good pace.
Apr 13, 2021 4:35 PM

May 2018
Apr 13, 2021 9:14 PM

Jan 2021
What a fantastic episode, I definitely loving those eyes Shigure was pulling in that scene
Apr 13, 2021 9:50 PM

Apr 2020
peachyixxy said:
Chiibi said:

Finding something "weird"=/= illegal sexual relationships.
"People from a different country find other country's cultures "weird". More at 11.

Dude... I know lol. My original post was talking about how *I* find it weird and morally wrong, and how it's impacting my viewing of the show (and plenty of other people bc I'm certainly not the only one). I don't care that it's "normal" in other countries or if other viewers don't mind it in the show. Stop trying to defend incest or pseudo-incest to me, though

The general rule is that relations between first cousins or closer are considered incest. Beyond that, the DNA shared is low enough to not be considered incest, and not cause birth defects in offspring. They don't talk about it specifically in the anime, but I assume all of the zodiac members are further removed than 2nd second cousins. There are so many people in the Souma clan that they pretty much have to be. Like, many of them have never meant or interacted with each other, and the Souma estate is basically a small village. If they explicitly stated they were first or second cousins, yeah that'd be weird, but I assume they're far enough removed to not really make a difference. Akito's relationships with Shigure and Kureno are icky to me for different reasons lol.

Apr 13, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
I loved that Yuki and Machi moment so much. They are so cute together! <3 My favorite ship in Fruits Basket tbh. I loved the Kyou and Tohru scene as well. It was so sweet and tender. I love how Kyou acts sweet around Tohru. Second best ship for me.

Though, the most interesting part of the episode were the Shigure and Akito scenes. I don't like Akito and I don't ship her with Shigure, but their drama was pretty entertaining to watch.

I hope Rin is okay. She's already been through a lot.
Apr 13, 2021 11:47 PM

Jan 2021
Jessesgirl32 said:
I may get flak for it but I didn't like this one. Some moments between kyo and tohru and then yuki and machi were great but shigure was being a jerk to the girl he supposedly loves. Not cool.
How would you feel to dedicate your heart to someone only to see them sleeping with somebody else
Apr 13, 2021 11:49 PM

Jan 2018
When Shigure said Ren I thought he was talking about Rin...
Apr 14, 2021 1:48 AM

Sep 2008
Tellatez said:
We learn in this episode that Shigure is a literal mother fucker.

This made me laugh so hard. I’m glad we’re getting to the dark side of things now 😎 the og anime couldn’t handle it.
:)
Apr 14, 2021 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
Shigure x Akito!?!? i don't even want to think about it! damn...
5/5.

Apr 14, 2021 5:07 AM

Jan 2020
Carlyhild98 said:
peachyixxy said:

The general rule is that relations between first cousins or closer are considered incest. Beyond that, the DNA shared is low enough to not be considered incest, and not cause birth defects in offspring. They don't talk about it specifically in the anime, but I assume all of the zodiac members are further removed than 2nd second cousins. There are so many people in the Souma clan that they pretty much have to be. Like, many of them have never meant or interacted with each other, and the Souma estate is basically a small village. If they explicitly stated they were first or second cousins, yeah that'd be weird, but I assume they're far enough removed to not really make a difference. Akito's relationships with Shigure and Kureno are icky to me for different reasons lol.

Yeah, I'm gonna assume that everyone's distantly related enough that it's not too too bad, especially since they're a huge "clan" more than a "family." It still bothers me, though. I guess because the idea of clans is kind of foreign to me, and because all the main Soumas are so close and have known each for so long that it kind of just registered as "these people are close family" in my head. I can see that that's not the case, though. (And trust me! I never wanted it to be the case)

And, yeah, this isn't the only thing that makes Kureno/Akito/Shigure's dynamic uncomfortable to me. There's so much toxicity there, and... well, Shigure sleeping with Akito's mom and then her is just... wow.
Apr 14, 2021 5:10 AM

Nov 2014
KrakenHatchling said:
When Shigure said Ren I thought he was talking about Rin...
One simple letter of the same spelling can cause confusion, don't worry, I've been there too ~ I just call Rin for Izusu, so it'll become easier to remember.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2021 5:12 AM

Nov 2014
Jessesgirl32 said:
I may get flak for it but I didn't like this one. Some moments between kyo and tohru and then yuki and machi were great but shigure was being a jerk to the girl he supposedly loves. Not cool.
Weeell, Akito is being a jerk towards him by justifying her cheating with Kureno with "she is a god and everyone obeys her", so I say karma bites her in the ass on this one. We don't know what Shigure's true intentions are, but for now, he was a literal savage towards Akito. What comes around goes around, basically.
Apr 14, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2012
lmao still not a fan of Akito
Apr 14, 2021 12:34 PM
Jun 2015
Ah this episode... I feel my heart racing like crazy!
Apr 14, 2021 12:44 PM
Dec 2020
AGJHFGURWYAGTRM FUCKING DICKHEAD ASS MOFO AGJKSAFAGTIU
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

322 by KoniginElle »»
Aug 8, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

165 by KoniginElle »»
Aug 4, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

212 by KoniginElle »»
Aug 3, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

127 by KoniginElle »»
Jul 30, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

208 by KoniginElle »»
Jul 28, 2:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.