Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2021 1:03 PM

Aug 2020
Levi did not expect that to happen at all.
Mar 21, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
Amazing episode. So all Eldians are somehow connected with the founding titan. Another piece to the puzzle. Im totally on board with every revealed information about the titans so far.
Guys I have some questions and I dont want to use google because of spoilers:

1. If Eren and Zeke were face to face in that hospital, why didnt they use their plan right then? Do they have to be in Paradis for the mass sterilization?

2. And why didnt Zeke share his plans with Marley? I assume bc they wouldnt go along with that plan? Maybe bc they want to keep their Titans for war purposes and they need Eldians to do their bidding?
I dont really get why Zeke faked is death and ran off.

3. Since Zeke is royalty, does that mean hes related to the queen of Paradis? (forgot her name, the blonde girl).

4. Why are the Ackermanns so strong? Was that revealed yet? Could theyve been enhanced by the founding titan? Can they become titans themselves?

Mar 21, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2019
Maybe it's a stupid question and explained later on but... why didn't touch right away ? XD they would have won immidiatly.
Mar 21, 2021 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
I really do not agree with Zeke or Eren here. I'm really hoping there is a better way. I'm Putting faith in Armin to figure something out. Zeke and Eren seem very extreme where as Armin seems level headed not to mention he is a genius.

On another note I feel like that was pretty stupid of Levi to attach that explosive to Zeke smh. I hope he is okay.
Mar 21, 2021 1:15 PM
Feb 2017
This episode looked really good. Grisha was much more scary with voice acting and his harsh looks
It's Aiko!!!!
Mar 21, 2021 1:16 PM
Feb 2017
Neonox8 said:
Maybe it's a stupid question and explained later on but... why didn't touch right away ? XD they would have won immidiatly.

If the rumbling activated whilst they were in Marley, wouldn't they just get crushed too? I think so at least, unless Eren can precisely coordinate the Titans
It's Aiko!!!!
Mar 21, 2021 1:17 PM

Feb 2013
vegeta8639 said:
Hmm so I was wrong about Zeke. He's actually just fucking insane. Lets exterminate all the Eldians so Eldians won't be discriminated against anymore. Brilliant idea. XD Maybe he should have just teamed up with Willy Tybur instead.
Only difference is I guess Zeke wants to do it in a generation but even if Eldians stop having kids as long as they still keep turning into titans people will be afraid and want to kill them anyway.
Anyway, no shot Eren's actually buying this shit. He's gotta just be telling Zeke what he wants to hear and is gonna betray him later. If not then both characters have just been completely ruined by this episode. We'll have to wait and see.

I mean Eren already killed a bunch of Eldian civilians and children and was an ass to his two best friends. IMO he is irredeemable. I don't care if he has some secret plan that will save the world He is dead to me.
Mar 21, 2021 1:18 PM
Aug 2020
OMG YES!!! DIE, LEVI, DIE!!!

I've never thought much about Zeke as a character, but I liked his backstory here. The cheesy melodramatic music did kinda ruin it in some scenes tho, it would've been better if there was no music at all.
Mar 21, 2021 1:19 PM
Jan 2021
Pyoung said:
vegeta8639 said:
Hmm so I was wrong about Zeke. He's actually just fucking insane. Lets exterminate all the Eldians so Eldians won't be discriminated against anymore. Brilliant idea. XD Maybe he should have just teamed up with Willy Tybur instead.
Only difference is I guess Zeke wants to do it in a generation but even if Eldians stop having kids as long as they still keep turning into titans people will be afraid and want to kill them anyway.
Anyway, no shot Eren's actually buying this shit. He's gotta just be telling Zeke what he wants to hear and is gonna betray him later. If not then both characters have just been completely ruined by this episode. We'll have to wait and see.

I mean Eren already killed a bunch of Eldian civilians and children and was an ass to his two best friends. IMO he is irredeemable. I don't care if he has some secret plan that will save the world He is dead to me.

armin killed people, reiner, zeke, bertholt everyone, then everyone is dead to you xD
Mar 21, 2021 1:22 PM

Jan 2020
great episode, i always wanted to know Zeke's past, i didnt thought that is so much sad
Mar 21, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
I was seriously sleeping on Zeke's backstory while reading the manga. Dope character, but eff him for all he did.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2021 1:24 PM
Jan 2019
MinorTatu said:
Neonox8 said:

If the rumbling activated whilst they were in Marley, wouldn't they just get crushed too? I think so at least, unless Eren can precisely coordinate the Titans

What are you talking about? I'm speaking about the plan of the slow euthanasia plan of Zeke and Eren (I'm an anime watcher only please don't spoil me), if they touch right away they could executed the plan and win.
Mar 21, 2021 1:26 PM
Feb 2021
Neonox8 said:

Well im pretty sure that it isn't explicitly touched upon later on but you might pick it up as new episodes come out and you think about it. So I dont actually think it is a real spoiler as such but still.

Mar 21, 2021 1:29 PM

Dec 2009
It's awesome that one bad guy who I previously didn't like turns out to be an amazing character with the flashback added, another guy who was previously meh turns out to be the sexy bad guy, and basically I have no idea already who is right or wrong, who is good or bad, and I could in fact sympathize with anybody because everyone has their own reasons doing what they are doing. And that's amazing. A detailed story with unexpected turns and deep characters. Wow.
Mar 21, 2021 1:31 PM
Jan 2019
TheZ0DiAC said:
Neonox8 said:

Well im pretty sure that it isn't explicitly touched upon later on but you might pick it up as new episodes come out and you think about it. So I dont actually think it is a real spoiler as such but still.

Ok I get it better now, thank you :)
Mar 21, 2021 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They did a great job adapting Zeke's backstory. And the voice acting was superb all around too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 21, 2021 1:35 PM
Jul 2016
How will they have the time to finish the entire series with just one episode left? o.O Am I missing something? I havent read the manga BTW so I have no idea how much is really left.
Mar 21, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2020
My reaction during this episode

Solid as always, can't wait next week.
Mar 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Nov 2019
Levi Heichou :( please stay safe
I want to see you and scream Bujide yokatta
Mar 21, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2020
The horse died. He did nothing wrong but got killed in the blast at the end. #justiceforhorse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2021 1:58 PM
Dec 2019
Sooo... My man Eren is going to kill all eldians for their own good? Am I right? 😶
Mar 21, 2021 1:59 PM

Jan 2015
Amazing episode. Hope they won't leave us hanging about Levi in the next episode.
Mar 21, 2021 2:00 PM

Mar 2018
Zekes past man i forgot just how bad he had it, i love the time he spent with tom though at least.

was euthanasia the only thing they could come up with though i mean really?

the music this episode was godly, cant wait to add it to my playlist

one more episode of this cour left? get ready because just like since the beginning, it only gets better

mappa really are the aot of animation studios, they're the goats
Mar 21, 2021 2:07 PM
May 2015
Beautiful episode.

Troffin said:
How will they have the time to finish the entire series with just one episode left? o.O Am I missing something? I havent read the manga BTW so I have no idea how much is really left.

They won't. There will be most likely a continuation to be announced.
Mar 21, 2021 2:18 PM
Apr 2018
Oh no, I was wondering how they were going to wrap this up in one episode, but I've just learnt that there will a part2? Meh, I kind of wanted this series to be finished already, because of how much I work myself up each week, being pissed off by all of these psycho characters, such as Eren, Floch, Zeke and co.

I might even binge the manga from where this episode finished. That way I could concentrate all of my anger and frustration in one time period.

Damn, I have such a love and hate relationship with AoT. It's a great story, but very few other anime made me hate certain characters to such an extent as this one.

gaboruMar 21, 2021 2:29 PM
Mar 21, 2021 2:21 PM

Jul 2020
And then all of a sudden, Zeke doesn't seem so much of a bad guy anymore. It's like Itachi Uchiha all over again.
Mar 21, 2021 2:25 PM
Aug 2013
I loved the way Zeke's backstory was very well executed. All scenes fit perfectly, and the transitions from scene to scene were also great.

omg one episode left!!!
Mar 21, 2021 2:27 PM

May 2016
Guys can you explain me why Zeke and Eren did not change Eldians DNA during their meeting in Liberio and preventing further wars? Am I missing something?
Mar 21, 2021 2:28 PM
Jul 2020
in season 1 i was like OMG this anime is so good! ... now in season 4, it has made me depressed and rethink the meaning of life... but hellll IT IS THE UNDOUBTEDLY THE GREATEST ANIME EVER MADE!
Mar 21, 2021 2:29 PM
Jul 2017
This episode was beautifully animated 10/10 ! And I also hope my boi Levi is fine
Mar 21, 2021 2:30 PM

Dec 2020
I was pleasantly surprised, I wasn't expecting episode 15 to air this week. Since I didn't watch the section of episode 14 that aired last week, it was like a double episode.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was done really well! Zeke's childhood is so sad, he was basically groomed by everyone he'd ever known (Grisha, Ksaver, his grandparents, Marley itself, etc). The scenes where he overhears his parents fighting about his inabilities hits harder animated than in the manga.

I'm excited for the season finale next week. It's hard to tell where they'll cut off this cour from the preview alone, so I'm really interested to see where it'll end.
Mar 21, 2021 2:30 PM

Apr 2019
Magnificent episode...MAPPA thank you. That was so good....

Mar 21, 2021 2:31 PM

Mar 2020
MAPPA nailed this episode! I was truly able to understand Zeke and his ambitions.
made by Nate
Mar 21, 2021 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
So that was the past from Zeke's point of view with him "backstabbing" his parents.
Levi got Hit ! Oh shit!
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 21, 2021 2:33 PM
May 2020
Zeke's backstory hits 100x harder in the anime than the manga, I acc felt AWFUL for him
Mar 21, 2021 2:38 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
Zeke's back story from his POV was interesting to watch since earlier we got it from his Fathers perspective.

IDK how they will wrap all this up in one episode but let's hope they can do it justice.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 21, 2021 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
Now that's some fucked up logic on Zeke's part. If he doesn't like living he can just shoot himself in the head and not "save" world lol. I don't get how Eren got convinced to join that.
Idk about others, but I'd rather destroy rest of the world to save my people, not other way around.
Unless there is some twist and Eren actually has some other plan, I really hope they fail misreably. Marely should die too. Yep, as it is, the best ending now would be for everyone just die.
Mar 21, 2021 2:42 PM

Jul 2017
ooo333 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
A disclaimer for everyone that might not be up to the info: next episode is the last episode of Part 1. We are getting a continuation either later this year or the next.

this is the final season. I havent read any news of there being more AOT following episode 16.

The Manga provides material for at leat 10 more episodes after this Season ends. Of course there's going to be a Part 2. Remember that Season 3 Part 2 was announced around the release of the final episode of Season 3 Part 1?
Mar 21, 2021 2:44 PM
Apr 2016
I haven't read the manga, so I'm not sure if this is a spoiler, but I've heard Isayama posted the final manga panel from the final chapter a long time ago and
, so is it safe to assume
?
Mar 21, 2021 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
Man this episode was really well done on Zeke's childhood. Like wow. They really did a nice job. Zeke having to blow himself up like a Kamikaze. I made a joke on his and called it Kamikazeke. I feel so dang bad for doing that for some reason.
Mar 21, 2021 2:55 PM

Aug 2012
JanPri said:
I haven't read the manga, so I'm not sure if this is a spoiler, but I've heard Isayama posted the final manga panel from the final chapter a long time ago and
?

Non-Eldians also have babies.
Mar 21, 2021 2:56 PM

Feb 2019
MAPPA did a great job with the OST during Zeke’s flashback scenes. It really drove home how shitty an upbringing he had. His father heart was in the right place, but he completely neglected his son’s humanity and emotional development. The scene where zeke is huddled in a corner and breaking down while his parents argue about next steps is heartbreaking.

Zeke and Eren’s conversation had a phenomenal OST as well. Both episodes were great today and shit I didn’t realise ep 16 was next week. The finale is going to be insane, can’t wait for Yelena’s scene.
Mar 21, 2021 2:57 PM
Nov 2018
Unu5ual said:
I still think they're all in the wrong. I disagree with Mikasa and Co's attempt to get the world to see them as normal. Imagine rolling up to the people who hate you and going "oh, by the way, we're not actually devils, you guys are in the wrong". However, Eren is acting like a brat, and the only bit I agreed with him on was the killing of all the generals.

Hopefully they keep the CGI to miinimum in the last episode.
you’re contradicting yourself in one paragraph.
Mar 21, 2021 2:58 PM

Mar 2019
The last scene with Zeke and Levi was stunning, the close-ups and the drawing of Zeke's face was way too good, if Mappa only had much more time, I'm pretty sure no one would complain about S4's animation at all.
Mar 21, 2021 3:01 PM

Sep 2020
Now THAT was a fantastic episode!
The last scene was fucking epic as well.

I can't believe MAPPA can pull such quality content out in such a limited time.
Mar 21, 2021 3:02 PM

Jun 2020
I don't know why but I feel like this was the best episode this season.

Just my opinion.
Mar 21, 2021 3:03 PM
Apr 2016
Funseco said:
JanPri said:
?

Non-Eldians also have babies.
Obviously, but all the charatcters the anime/manga follows are Eldians, aren't they?
Mar 21, 2021 3:06 PM

Dec 2020
Again a very good episode you see how grisha yeager push his son zeke down.I hope levi is fine after this explosion
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Oct 2018
Wow. they really made Grisha out to be an asshole huh? Zeke might as well not have had parents.

Mar 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Mar 2018
I doubt Eren will go along with Zeke's plan. He's probably going to use that power for something else. Can't wait to see what it is.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 21, 2021

475 by jebras »»
Jun 9, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

508 by therealnagora »»
Jun 5, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by therealnagora »»
Jun 1, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.