Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 13, 2021 8:43 PM
Mar 2015
At least the triangle got corrected with Sakura being rejected Hori is more worried about boys taking Miyamura than girls
Mar 13, 2021 8:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yuuki again!

When the snow melted away, the purple boy told everything right off the bats, to cleared the relations between them. I honestly didn't like those two's end direction. I am dissapointed with the purple boy choice, even Yuuki still didn't blurt her feeling out, only indirectly one. Tooru even said that Cherry blossom asked the snow to melt as if Sakura was the wrong one there. Smh. Tooru being greedy with all of his words toward Yuuki, making the snow girl happy through the time, as they flirt intensified each others like a crazy couple. Pity Sakura in their romantic drama whirl. Her honest feels couldn't reciprocal to defeat those strong walls within them. She decided to surrendered it, and yeah, that's some wise choice to stop the hurts. One support for her comes from me, and Sengoku right through his word; Tooru just idiot.

However, he was right again later. It wasn't anyone fault. Its just one of those usual teens drama. Its snowing, then end their saga, as soon as possible....

Phew! Shall i mention about Hori and her wild thought about her boyfriend and his friends? Nah. Its enough for the laughs xd. So, what else?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 13, 2021 8:56 PM

Aug 2019
not even tripping about sakura getting rejected but I do feel sorry for her
Mar 13, 2021 8:59 PM
Mar 2017
this anime is so fucking shit
Mar 13, 2021 9:36 PM

Aug 2015
i liked a lot sengoku saying that it hurts more because nobody's at fault. it's exactly that! it would be easier if you could blame someone else for being a jerk or whatevs, but you can't really fault other people for not liking you. it forces you to deal with that on your own, not having other people to blame :|

but the roof scene was so cute, the analogies were SO OBVIOUS but i was smiling the whole time
Mar 13, 2021 9:47 PM

May 2016
ribbonaffair said:
I think people who get bitter over Sakura not ending up with Tooru are sort of missing the point. That’s life you know, you can’t force/control feelings. You could do a million & one things & be the sweetest person ever but if they are not interested in you & like someone else there’s really nothing you can do. And Sakura is graceful about it & aware of that, that’s why I like her so much too, she’s thankfully not reduced to some evil scheming bitch stereotype in many shoujo romance. She took it in her stride, and of course she’s sad, but she’ll be okay.

I knew anime-only would turn on Yuki/Tooru once this happened ㅜㅡㅜ
They didn’t do anything wrong......Yuki was also trying to be considerate of Sakura’s feelings & Remi just told her what she needed to hear.....

To those asking, it’s like that in the manga too. They adapted this episode perfectly! And

Sakura wasn't trying to force her feelings since she told Toru that she didn't need an answer right away. She was being as honest and as open about as she possibly could but Toru, being the moron that he is, never picks it up when it should have been obvious from the start. Seriously, how do you not even consider the possibly that a girl like Sakura might have crush on you when she talks to you, is very nice to you, and gives you cookies that she made? Because you're well beyond her league? What kind of excuse is that?

The problem with Toru that is he's so focused on Hori, Yuki, and even Miyamura is that he completely ignores Sakura without ever looking her way once. And when she finally works up the courage to confess he's shocked beyond belief? Give me a break! I knew guys like Toru in High School and none of them would have been this stupid. It's probably no wonder Hori rejected him in the end and I'm beginning to wonder what Sakura even saw in him in the first place.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 13, 2021 9:59 PM
Jan 2021
Yeah this was like a REDEMPTION for the side characters
Toru and Yuki ship was obvious, because they have been together for a long while sakura was never seen more than a friend by Toru
But still , sakura's efforts and breakdown , Yuki's lies ( Because she couldn't think straight ) was pretty sad to watch
Happy that Toru X Yuki ship is sailing , but damm Sakura, hope u find someone to love .
This was a good episode
8/10
Mar 13, 2021 10:04 PM

Jun 2020
DirectorK said:
ribbonaffair said:
I think people who get bitter over Sakura not ending up with Tooru are sort of missing the point. That’s life you know, you can’t force/control feelings. You could do a million & one things & be the sweetest person ever but if they are not interested in you & like someone else there’s really nothing you can do. And Sakura is graceful about it & aware of that, that’s why I like her so much too, she’s thankfully not reduced to some evil scheming bitch stereotype in many shoujo romance. She took it in her stride, and of course she’s sad, but she’ll be okay.

I knew anime-only would turn on Yuki/Tooru once this happened ㅜㅡㅜ
They didn’t do anything wrong......Yuki was also trying to be considerate of Sakura’s feelings & Remi just told her what she needed to hear.....

To those asking, it’s like that in the manga too. They adapted this episode perfectly! And

Sakura wasn't trying to force her feelings since she told Toru that she didn't need an answer right away. She was being as honest and as open about as she possibly could but Toru, being the moron that he is, never picks it up when it should have been obvious from the start. Seriously, how do you not even consider the possibly that a girl like Sakura might have crush on you when she talks to you, is very nice to you, and gives you cookies that she made? Because you're well beyond her league? What kind of excuse is that?

The problem with Toru that is he's so focused on Hori, Yuki, and even Miyamura is that he completely ignores Sakura without ever looking her way once. And when she finally works up the courage to confess he's shocked beyond belief? Give me a break! I knew guys like Toru in High School and none of them would have been this stupid. It's probably no wonder Hori rejected him in the end and I'm beginning to wonder what Sakura even saw in him in the first place.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said. I didn’t mean Sakura herself was forcing her feelings that’s why I said she was graceful about it :) I was talking about life & feelings in general. Also, Tooru just didn’t reciprocate her feelings & doesn’t like her & he’s not obligated to.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 13, 2021 10:18 PM

Feb 2019
Really enjoying the continuation of side character development. I'm happy that Yuki's getting what she wanted, but it still hurts to see Sakura --who worked so hard for it-- fail. I'm not saying one or the other deserves it more; this is just how it works out, and it's not pretty. Good for a show though.
Mar 13, 2021 10:24 PM

Nov 2020
Oh God.. This girl (Sakura) acts like having a relationship is everything that matters in life. I think She's being too dramatic and I don't think her friends are helpful enough either. I felt so bad for her ://
Mar 13, 2021 10:24 PM

May 2016
ribbonaffair said:
DirectorK said:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said. I didn’t mean Sakura herself was forcing her feelings that’s why I said she was graceful about it :) I was talking about life & feelings in general. Also, Tooru just didn’t reciprocate her feelings & doesn’t like her & he’s not obligated to.

Doesn't matter if he liked her or not. Instead of giving an honest answer he just outright ignored her as though she wasn't even worth his time. I don't care what his excuse was or what his reasons were. You don't treat any girl like that.
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Mar 13, 2021 10:26 PM
Jun 2017
Looks like Yuki made some progress. But gotta feel sad for Sakura. Also for Yanagi. They are such good people. Maybe Yanagi and Sakura can get along, just like Tooru and Yuki.
Mar 13, 2021 10:37 PM
Dec 2020
Decent episode for side characters. Hopefully next episode finishes this side character arc then focus on Hori and miya to end it would be ideal or just focus on Hori and Miyamura on the rest would be.
Mar 13, 2021 10:42 PM

Jun 2020
DirectorK said:
ribbonaffair said:

Doesn't matter if he liked her or not. Instead of giving an honest answer he just outright ignored her as though she wasn't even worth his time. I don't care what his excuse was or what his reasons were. You don't treat any girl like that.

Lol I was replying to you nicely, don’t understand why you’re so hostile. I think you’re projecting too much. How did you know he ignored her? They didn’t even show it, he was just telling Yuki what happened.

Mar 13, 2021 10:54 PM
Mar 2020
I feel bad for Sakura, honestly she deserves to be with Tooru more than the other girl who’s pretty much doing nothing to get his attention.
Overall I really liked the episode.
On another note, why do all the dudes have landing tracks for foreheads?
Mar 13, 2021 11:14 PM

May 2016
ribbonaffair said:
Lol I was replying to you nicely, don’t understand why you’re so hostile. I think you’re projecting too much. How did you know he ignored her? They didn’t even show it, he was just telling Yuki what happened.

I'm not being hostile, I don't know where you got that impression. If I was it wasn't intentional. I'm simply telling it like it is. And you answered you're own question right there. Going by that conversation it's very clear that he didn't even speak to Sakura and instead went straight to Yuki without second thought. He could have just simply told Sakura, "Sorry, but I just feel that way about you" and left it at that but he didn't. That alone should tell you a lot about his character.
Mar 13, 2021 11:22 PM
Mar 2018
A Yuki and Ishikawa episode. Very touching telling the relationship they have. Poor Sakura, I'm hurt about her crying :(

Mar 14, 2021 12:01 AM

Jun 2020
DirectorK said:
That alone should tell you a lot about his character.

That he doesn’t want to hurt her? It’s not always black & white. Sakura herself said she didn’t want any answer. She knew right from the start she never stood a chance. Like you said, she was proactive baking him cookies just because she wanted to show him some affection but that was that. Tooru even told her from the start not to bake for him as he didn’t want to trouble her but she kept saying they were extras & he accepted her kindness. Nobody asked her to do so. Likewise. It’s just her unrequited feelings. Why must we blame Tooru? And you saying that it’s clear he didn’t say anything to Sakura — even if that were the case, I don’t think it necessarily means he’s a douche, if you’ve read the manga, and even from the anime, you can tell he’s unassuming, non-confrontational & always considers his peers’ feelings. I wouldn’t say he’s insensitive, he’s the exact opposite.

But I understand where you’re coming from, I can agree with you! Just thought I’ll defend him a little ;)

Mar 14, 2021 12:02 AM

Oct 2020
In this episode, we discovered more about Yoshikawa and her conflicts. She fakes a relationship with Ishikawa and often hides her true desires. The interaction between Yoshikawa and Ishikawa revealed a lot and debunked many thoughts they had. Glad to see this pair happy, but I feel sad for the third wheel, Sakura. Seeing her cry broke my heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2021 12:21 AM

May 2016
ribbonaffair said:
DirectorK said:
That alone should tell you a lot about his character.

That he doesn’t want to hurt her? It’s not always black & white. Sakura herself said she didn’t want any answer. She knew right from the start she never stood a chance. Like you said, she was proactive baking him cookies just because she wanted to show him some affection but that was that. Tooru even told her from the start not to bake for him as he didn’t want to trouble her but she kept saying they were extras & he accepted her kindness. Nobody asked her to do so. Likewise. It’s just her unrequited feelings. Why must we blame Tooru? And you saying that it’s clear he didn’t say anything to Sakura — even if that were the case, I don’t think it necessarily means he’s a douche, if you’ve read the manga, and even from the anime, you can tell he’s unassuming, non-confrontational & always considers his peers’ feelings. I wouldn’t say he’s insensitive, he’s the exact opposite.

But I understand where you’re coming from, I can agree with you! Just thought I’ll defend him a little ;)

Had he simply talked to Sakura first before going to Yuki she wouldn't have broken down like that. She simply would have accepted it and moved since she knew that she had very little to no chance of winning him. He owed her at least that much, but by essentially ignoring her he caused to cry because he didn't think about what he was doing. Never said he was a jerk, he just doesn't know better.

If anything, I blame this more on Yuki. She basically a selfish, indecisive little brat who lied to everyone about her relationship with Toru and hurt an innocent girl's feelings in the process. Apparently she's now got what she wanted and everyone acts like it's all good. I'm sorry, but that's a load of BS.
Mar 14, 2021 12:53 AM
Aug 2018
Hori getting cancelled on twitter rn lmao https://twitter.com/ultsukuna/status/1370807028315226112

Mar 14, 2021 3:16 AM
Mar 2016

That's funny to read 🤭.
Mar 14, 2021 3:24 AM

Sep 2013
yoshikawa yuki is so trash. KONO SAN :((
Mar 14, 2021 4:22 AM

Feb 2014
If you don't feel sad when you lost him, then you never loved him. Sakura will find someone for her I hope.

Also someone needs to chain Hori down. She barred my boy Miyamura from boys now.XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 14, 2021 4:46 AM

May 2015
Jeez, Hori is so stupid. Maybe it's all done for comedic purpose but her crazy ideas about violence and gays don't make her any more likeable.

It was interesting to see some development with Toru-Yuki-Sakura situation but kinda disappointed that Yuki didn't have the courage to express her feelings after all.
Mar 14, 2021 5:55 AM

Aug 2017
Didn't really like it. There are 9 people on the pic for the show, so either one is the odd one out or someone gets a harem. Looks like glasses girl is the loser. She deserved to beat Yuki
Mar 14, 2021 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
That was fantastic episode! It hit really hard, I just want all of them to be happy. Yuki, Sakura, all of them. That skit at the beginning was fucking hilarious, and Hori really be getting cancelled over it lmao.

Sengoku was right, it was no one's fault. It just do be really like that with love, I hope Yuki and Toru's relationship prospers and Sakura finds someone that will make her happy. Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 14, 2021 7:43 AM

Jul 2014
Hori's jealousy is starting to approach psycho territory and she really needs to get the fuck over herself and put some trust in Miyamura as her boyfriend. I can get being insecure about other girls getting near him and interacting with him (though I still don't agree with how she went about articulating that last week), but her reaction to Miyamura improving relationships with his male friends is not only arguably homophobic but also extremely disconcerting.

Now Miyamura has to be careful about how he interacts with his friends to keep Hori from losing the plot and presumably hitting him a lot. It's almost as if Hori is trying to cut him off from interacting with anyone else besides her, and that's a big red flag if so. And even if it's not quite to that severity, it's incredibly cruel to Miyamura given how isolated he was in the past and how few friends he had. You'd think, given that past of his and Hori's knowledge of it, that she'd be happy to see Miyamura making friends, but alas she can't see past herself to be happy for him. Nope, it's all about her once again, because it always has to be.

That aside, I do feel sorry for Sakura but I have to respect how she went about the situation, getting the confession off her chest and being willing to give up and eventually move on. That takes a lot of emotional maturity for someone her age and it's very impressive.

Why are the side characters in this show so much better than the main two?
Mar 14, 2021 7:47 AM
Apr 2015
Ok, no, I can't, I really can't. Homophobia is not funny, is not a comedic purpose. I really didn't enjoy this episode at all.
Mar 14, 2021 8:36 AM
Nov 2019
Short haired got rejected again..
Not really but poor Sakura.. She deserve all the best.. She broke my heart ..😭
Abdulaziz_AlwahaMar 14, 2021 11:22 AM
Mar 14, 2021 9:10 AM

Nov 2015
Seeing Sakura break down at the end of the episode was so sad and hit a little close to home for me when it came to crushes, and again sengoku saying no one was really at fault. Young love amiright. Can't wait for the last few episodes.
Mar 14, 2021 9:14 AM

Sep 2017
The "joke" where Hori is more jealous of boys honestly comes off as kinda homophobic and makes me go ehhh, but I do like seeing Toru and Yuki's relationship develop. Also really liked how Sengoku tried to cheer up Sakura like that.
Mar 14, 2021 9:16 AM

Jan 2021
Good thing Yoshikawa finally faced herself and decided to make a decision I'm happy for them!

But now I can't stop thinking about how much Sakura got broken Poor girl.. :(
Mar 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
Easily the least enjoyable episode in the series for me, specially since every previous episode has been great in the drama and comedic bits.

My gripe with Yuki isn't that she's scum. It's the fact that she acknowledges it but does nothing about it. She doesn't come clean towards Sakura, she doesn't express her feelings towards Tooru (while Sakura did have the courage to do so) and everything just continues as it did before in a wishy washy not boyfriend relationship while deniying Tooru being with anyone else. It feels like that Jurassic Park meme

My other gripe is Sengoku just acting like a very cliche anime stereotype of a guy so unnaware of human empathy that just stares at Sakura while she's griefing in pain while he has some internal monologue acting cool and distant. This is just cheap writing using unrealistic anime archtypes because they are meta and the target audience buys this crap.
Mar 14, 2021 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not saying Yuki doesn't deserve happiness, but she is GARBAGE! And at least she can admit it. Her half assed feelings at times only made shit worse for Sakura in the end.

God it broke my heart to see her break down in tears at the end of the episode.

AND THEY STILL DON'T EVEN CONFIRM THE RELATIONSHIP!

Garbage.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 14, 2021 11:12 AM

Mar 2010
Imma remember that quote, it only hurts cause no one is in the wrong.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 14, 2021 11:20 AM

Nov 2017
Cry scenes only work if the viewers care about the character.

plz @ me
Mar 14, 2021 11:47 AM
May 2019
BEST EPISODE SO FAR THIS SEASON IMO
Mar 14, 2021 12:12 PM

Mar 2017
I feel for Sakura because she never really had a chance because of the fake relationship and Ishikawa clearly feeling 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 for Yuki. It's great that this anime shows all sides to love though, even the parts where we get hurt and learn to pick ourselves up again.
Mar 14, 2021 12:51 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't like the way this ended, but I will say, for someone whose character is kinda ditzy, I have to give Remi her props for calling things out. That chick is smarter than she lets on.

Mar 14, 2021 12:51 PM
Feb 2013
Loooooove the focus on Yuki this episode. I really hate that in the anime they skipped the plot point of her thinking outside-school-Miyamura was Hori's cousin way early on in the manga. Yuki lost a lot of character introduction and development from that skip but best girl got the spotlight this week
Mar 14, 2021 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Damn that was... cold. In more than one way.
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 14, 2021 2:17 PM
Sep 2020
Horimiya is always a treat whenever a new episode comes out. It feels like there is always a new "best scene", but I think this it. Last episode, I thought the scene in the "outside" with the bunnies was going to be the stand out "wow" scene of the show. It still may be, but for me personally, it is now the scene where Sakura breaks down in front of Sengoku. The animation and tiny subtle details of her face, coupled with the insanely good violin that crescendos as she begins to cry, that scene is a masterpiece. The emotion it conveys hurts to the core, it feels raw, the voice acting sounds so genuine. I am sitting here right after watching and I feel speechless. Through accepting the loss of Toru, she is happy knowing that she doesn't have to worry about it anymore. However, through accepting that, she is also accepting the heartbreak and sadness that comes along with it. I love how they contrasted Yuki with Sakura, especially since we know how similar they really are. In any other show, it would have ended with Toru and Yuki talking on the roof, but Horimiya knows it's more complicated than that.
Mar 14, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2020
A different episode. Here we got a little more about Sakura's feelings, and a breakdown after so long holding herself. Like some other episodes, Hori and Miyamura didn't show that much, but the other characters can hold it and make the story happen.

I hope she'll finally break free from this sadness, and also that Yuki will decide what she really wants, and take the wheel.

Ps.: The opening is catchy, but the ending... So beautiful.

Mar 14, 2021 2:54 PM
Nov 2019
LOL so Hori is more worried about boys taking Miyamura than girls - the BL fear is real....

Hori knows it's always Bro's over Ho's.

Yuki's sister's comments over the guy with glasses she turned down - priceless....
Mar 14, 2021 3:05 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I teared up for Sakura, she deserves so much.
Mar 14, 2021 3:38 PM
Nov 2020
I felt like Sakura should have been with toru, but honestly I just want her to be happy I like her character a lot cuz I can relate with her a bit but it pains me to see her hurt like that at the end
Mar 14, 2021 6:53 PM

Jun 2020
why is yuki so cute why is yuki soooo adorable
Mar 14, 2021 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
now that friggin' hurts!
poor Kouno Sakura! looks like she fall for the wrong guy! Tooru & Yuki did nothing wrong!
5/5.

Mar 14, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2018
Damn that ending made me tear up ;-;
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

410 by Meliodas5767 »»
Yesterday, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

153 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 19, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

166 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 18, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

219 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2021

215 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 12, 11:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.