Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2021 5:48 PM
Feb 2019
Rob7 said:
That is great, so after 1 year, Emna and Ray are now able to jump that pit around the farm without ropes or anything!

So legit!

`

It's all about super-powers buddy, if Lewis was able to move at the speed of sound and dodge bullets from machine guns at point blank then I don't see why Emma and the gang can't put a little bit of chakra in their feet and jump a little bit higher.
Feb 4, 2021 5:50 PM
Jan 2021
The Episode was Mind Blowing you Should watch it
Feb 4, 2021 5:58 PM

Apr 2020
Such a disappointment. This is going way off track and it's so boring and I don't understand anything that's happening. This is just a sad episode. (not sad but horrible enough to make me feel this way)
Feb 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Jan 2020
Yikes... I didn't like this that much. I've already lost hope for the stuff in the middle but I hope it at least manages to stick it's landing somehow

Feb 4, 2021 6:04 PM

Apr 2018
This is soo much better than anything we ever got in the manga. Its great that theyve started characterizing the average demon and fleshing out their mechanics early on like this instead of near the end like the manga
Feb 4, 2021 6:05 PM
Jan 2016
this is why people shouldn't listen to critics they try and remedy things and make it worse in the process if I wasn't rating everything a 10 to spite MAL's stupid scoring system I'd rate this a 4
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Feb 4, 2021 6:09 PM

Jul 2020
lmao the flow of the story doesn't make any sense to me, I'm not even surprised about the appearance of norman rofl.

but I guess if you haven't read the manga, you would love this episode.

Feb 4, 2021 6:11 PM
Jul 2013
dompsterfire said:
i hate this already. they really made Norman's sacrifice in season 1 look like bullshit. I was kinda hoping the demons in the end was Yuugo lol. Well I guess they did mention that someone was attacking the farms.

I love how they did not show what happens after the bunker explodes. I love how they just all survived going through the forest full of demons. I love how the pursuers never got to them. I love how they only smelled the humans now.

mannn I really had hopes for this.

The butchered Neverland. Last episode I was already wtf how much did they freaking skip? And now literally time-skip over the entire hideout, Goldy Pond, Emma leaving the hideout to search for the walls and stuff, straight to Norman. It's like literally 60% of the entire Manag gone...disappointing. In times like these I wish I had never read the Manga, but even then it'd probably still feel rushed.
I was looking forward so much to see Goldy Pond animated, and they don't just skip this one, they skip literally about 2-3 arcs more along with it.
Feb 4, 2021 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
Bruh forget about Norman reveal, I feel so bad about that two demons that got murdered. Now who will feed their little brother and sister? :(
Feb 4, 2021 6:17 PM

Jan 2014
so.... they're not even gonna show us a glimpse of how they escaped that huge demon from last ep?
i even had to go back and check the previous episode cause i was so confused
Game over. If that's the case, I just have to play again.
Feb 4, 2021 6:22 PM

Jan 2014
every manga reader can agree that the final arc was the worst arc of all, so i dont understand the reasoning behind skipping good previous arcs and going directly to that one, when now we have even less background info.
maybe the mangaka wanted to fix that arc, and so he decided to ignore the other ones cause they're already good enough in the manga. thing is, those arcs build all the groundwork to our "grand" finale. so now that we're starting this final arc, things feel so rushed and out of place because we don't have those previous arcs

honestly, it's a shame
if they wanted the anime to go original, it should've gone original, not just cut out parts from the manga, cause now the anime will never be as good as the manga.
Game over. If that's the case, I just have to play again.
Feb 4, 2021 6:25 PM
Aug 2019
Why can't people just separate the manga from the anime? JUST SEE THIS AS A NEW STORY OF THESE CHARACTERS, an Alternative Universe where some things did not happen, others are different and maybe some are new. This should be the spirit, and not "Oh they didn't do that? Let's just vote 1 LOL". You can be angry cause the adaptation is not like everyone was expecting to be, but this doesn't mean that it is a bad anime. You say "they didn't show Yuugo", and I say to you: Who is he? it doesn't exist in this story, so i don't care. When everything will be finished we will compare the anime story and the manga story and then decide which one was better in which part and why. That's it
Feb 4, 2021 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
I'm disappointed. This is ridiculous. How can they skip so many chapters?
Feb 4, 2021 6:38 PM
Jan 2021
( not read the manga fyi ) Man this could have been a great episode. Reuniting with Norman and the scene with the old man were cool. However throughout the episode i just felt like they were speedrunning the plot. cramming as much shit in to one episode as possible and all of the dialogue was just exposition to explain the rushed events ( e.g. “it’s been six months and nothing has happened” ). it doesn’t just feel rushed. it feels like there’s a huge portion of the show that’s completely missing, which i’m sure there is. this season wouldn’t seem so bad if the first season wasn’t so great and well paced.
Feb 4, 2021 6:40 PM

Oct 2017
Hahahaha Norman just casually showed up.

Not in some big shocking moment, not in some emotional reunion , not in some plot twist crucial moment, just casually showed up.

All the emotional impact of season 1 from Norman's Sacrifice gone cuz he just shows up 6 episodes later.
Feb 4, 2021 6:42 PM
Jul 2020
That's such a random, random ass timeskip.
3/5
Feb 4, 2021 6:42 PM

Jul 2012
strawberaetae said:
we don't wanna see a montage every 10 minutes, gosh what an awkward way to progress the story.

dompsterfire said:

I love how they did not show what happens after the bunker explodes. I love how they just all survived going through the forest full of demons. I love how the pursuers never got to them. I love how they only smelled the humans now.

^This

Honestly, I'm over the whole Goldy Pond thing, even though it was cool and introduced some characters it wasn't my favourite arc by any means but there's something about the sudden changes and skips in this season that really bother me. I mean, we ended lasst episode with them still in danger and then BAM, 1 year timeskip and no explanation whatsoever on how they managed (although im curious Emma has her hair ties thingies).

I do appreciate that we're spending more time with developing the demons and cities because that's something I really felt lacked in the manga unfortunately but anyway.

Chase scene was alright, some inconsistencies and I guess everyone's a ninja now with super fast reflexes and climbing skills but anyway. Guess those little demons will regenerate completly since they won't have any food anymore. Also apparently the only way to kill demons isn't only the eyes anymore (unless they aren't really dead).

Wasn't expecting them to bring back Norman so quickly... it's been a while since I watched the first season and it still felt too fast, I can't imagine the people who are just continuing to watch S2 right after finishing S1... it makes his sacrifice seem.. cheap? The emotional toll is considerably lower..

Either way, I did find the episode better than the previous which sadly wasn't very hard considering the rushed mess it was.

Let's see where they'll go from here.
-miraiiFeb 4, 2021 8:07 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Feb 4, 2021 6:43 PM
Feb 2017
Manga reader tears taste so sweet I love it.
Feb 4, 2021 6:45 PM

Oct 2017
Resus-2 said:
Rob7 said:
That is great, so after 1 year, Emna and Ray are now able to jump that pit around the farm without ropes or anything!

So legit!

`

It's all about super-powers buddy, if Lewis was able to move at the speed of sound and dodge bullets from machine guns at point blank then I don't see why Emma and the gang can't put a little bit of chakra in their feet and jump a little bit higher.

I know you're being sarcastic but Lewis's power is well explained. His heritage , as well as his long year of training and battle make his superhuman power make sense..

Emma on the other hand...
Feb 4, 2021 6:47 PM
Feb 2019
cianchetto4 said:
Why can't people just separate the manga from the anime? JUST SEE THIS AS A NEW STORY OF THESE CHARACTERS, an Alternative Universe where some things did not happen, others are different and maybe some are new. This should be the spirit, and not "Oh they didn't do that? Let's just vote 1 LOL". You can be angry cause the adaptation is not like everyone was expecting to be, but this doesn't mean that it is a bad anime. You say "they didn't show Yuugo", and I say to you: Who is he? it doesn't exist in this story, so i don't care. When everything will be finished we will compare the anime story and the manga story and then decide which one was better in which part and why. That's it

People being mad about it is understandable, I see that Steins;Gate is one of your favorite anime (it's actually my #1 favorite anime) so imagine if you finished the VN and then decided to watch the anime and realize that Suzuha was left out from the anime of Steins;Gate and even change things drastically and even cut important parts from the anime and implemented new stuff that made it worse or stuff which doesn't make any sense at all... I bet you would be mad too, if the anime of Steins;Gate got butchered like that then the fans would be mad about it and that's understandable.

Well this is exactly what's happening with The Promised Neverland, characters are being butchered, the story appears to not make sense at all from a manga reader and even anime onlys are noticing issues with the anime so far.
Resus-2Feb 4, 2021 6:56 PM
Feb 4, 2021 6:49 PM
Apr 2016
Found Emma's little soliloquy a bit contrived.

Norman's alive!? What?! That's a nice twist, but it does make me wonder how.
Feb 4, 2021 6:51 PM
Feb 2019
Ventus_S said:
I know you're being sarcastic but Lewis's power is well explained. His heritage , as well as his long year of training and battle make his superhuman power make sense..

Personally I really didn't like seeing super-powers in the manga, even if it was well explained it didn't made sense to me and was unnecessary.

Nothing would be lost from the manga if they left the super-powers out.
Feb 4, 2021 6:52 PM
Mar 2015
At last they found Norman
Feb 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Oct 2017
Resus-2 said:
Ventus_S said:

Personally I really didn't like seeing super-powers in the manga, even if it was well explained it didn't made sense to me and was unnecessary.

Nothing would be lost from the manga if they left the super-powers out.

I mean we're talking about Attack on Titan which literally every main characters have op Titan power lol...
Feb 4, 2021 7:02 PM
Aug 2019
Resus-2 said:
cianchetto4 said:

People being mad about it is understandable, I see that Steins;Gate is one of your favorite anime (it's actually my #1 favorite anime) so imagine if you finished the VN and then decided to watch the anime and realize that Suzuha was left out from the anime of Steins;Gate and even change things drastically and even cut important parts from the anime and implemented new stuff that made it worse or stuff which doesn't make any sense at all... I bet you wold be mad too, if the anime of Steins;Gate got butchered like that then the fans would be mad about it and that's understandable.

Well this is exactly what's happening with The Promised Neverland, characters are being butchered, the story appears to not make sense at all from a manga reader and even anime onlys are noticing issues with the anime so far.

In fact i said that it is understandable to be angry that they chose to change the story instead of adapting "chapter by chapter" the manga, but in my opinion this doesn't mean automatically that it should be downvoted so hard. It is a lost occasion to see the original content animated, and i'm also sad about it, but i'll decide at the end if they did something bad or good, cause FOR NOW the story, as an only anime (that will read the manga soon) is going quite normally well except for some forcing scenes (like the demon coming from the forest and killing the militars). If there will be some plot-holes or not-explained things in the future, as i said, then that will be my angery moment
Feb 4, 2021 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
cianchetto4 said:

I mean, sure we can, personally I'm trying but it's hard to take this season seriously when everything is happening at 300km/h between timeskips and montages of the kids doing mundane things.

That's the biggest problem I'm having with the season, I don't mind them going original as long as it's good and makes sense but so far almost every episode has been lackluster with the kids having way too much plot armor on them and with situations being brought upon them and concluded basically in the same episode.

You also have Emma and Ray changing personalities from the first season for example, Norman's sacrifice seeming irrelevant since he appeared only 6 episodes after "dying" in the first season and plot conveniences that seem out of a mediocre shonen, that IS frustrating to watch after such a good first season.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Feb 4, 2021 7:08 PM

Mar 2019
The manga was never as good once they left Gracefield anyway, but this time skipping isn't doing the show any favours either. After an entire season in the house and now half way through the second season they jump a year? Probably just want to finish the story this season now. But what was the point on even making a second season then.
Feb 4, 2021 7:11 PM

Jul 2016
I felt like I was watching Made in Abyss for a second. Guess the village presented in this episode is one of those that receive the "meat" from the low-quality farms, uh?

Well, despite what some really whiny manga readers say, it was a rather enjoyable episode. Norman's comeback was indeed pretty bland but leaving that aside, I actually really liked the idea of humanizing the demons. Not gonna lie, now I feel kinda bad for those "deformed" demons that lost their brothers without even knowing.

As for Norman, I'm glad he's back since he's of my favorite characters alongside Isabella. Really interested in knowing where the hell he has been during all this time tho.

Marinate1016 said:
On top of that, next week is a recap episode. So only 10 actual episodes this season. To say I’m angry isn’t an accurate statement.

Dude, check the official info before talking shit. Episode 6 will be released on February the 18th. Next week we will be having an "emergency" recap (Episode 5.5) due to the studio having production issues.
Feb 2019
Ventus_S said:
I mean we're talking about Attack on Titan which literally every main characters have op Titan power lol...

That's true but IMHO this has something to do with "Suspension of Disbelief" which comes into play in stuff like these. I'm ok with super-powers stuff in other animes like Attack on Titan because we are seeing humans flying around in ODM Gear from tree to tree in the 1st episode and even fighting titans, normally this is impossible to do for normal people but seeing this in the 1st episode had my mind accepting these super-power stuff from that anime.

However, in The Promised Neverland we didn't had super-powers in the 1st season so my mind already toss out any type of super-powers from it, I accept that there are demons that eat humans but my mind won't accept super-powers anymore, specially not after the 1st season which was pretty good without super-powers so seeing super-powers in the manga is something that came out of nowhere for me and I won't be able to use my "Suspension of Disbelief" to accept it because my mind already tossed that out.

Not to mention, adding super-powers in The Promised Neverland felt completely unnecessary, the manga could remove that out completely and nothing would be lost from the manga so the super-powers did more harm than good IMHO.

Damn I wish I had a dollar every time I say super-powers.

Jul 2012
Honestly at this point I'm just expecting them to throw us into a flashback to show what happened in that 1 year whilethey talk to Norman idk... also because of Emma's hair ties

Jul 2016
I just wanted to say that even if I hadn't read the manga, this episode would still be total nonsense as it was.

There's a huge gap in the main story, almost no character development at all, no goldy pond and norman reintroduction was super crappy. I was completely lost for a whole 5 minutes in.

Goldy pond is an excellent arc!!! I feel this season is so rushed that they're probably finishing the whole story on it.

and let's talk about the fact that emma started the episode with that victim trash talk and then suddenly puts everyone in danger because she 'couldn't help it' to help the old demon. what a joke.

I'm really sad for how this adaptation turned out. Probably gonna finish just for the sake of it.

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
Feb 4, 2021 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
the fuck is going on lol that's a big timeskip ,whats bad or good i'm just very confused and a recap next week seems like the production doesn't know whats going on either
Feb 4, 2021 7:25 PM

May 2016
This season kinda feels like fan fiction which I honestly don't mind that much. Ive read the manga and the suspense of what the fuck is happening and how it links to the manga is great. I already have the manga to read so seeing an alternative version(even of dubious quality) is very entertaining. DUUUUDE, seeing fucking Norman at the end was so funny, especially when compared to the manga. I can't believe next ep is a RECAP this sequel season is hilarious.
Feb 4, 2021 7:40 PM
Jun 2017
NORMAN IS ALIVE!!!! ohhh.. what an interesting plot we have right here.. well lets see what will happen on this one
Feb 4, 2021 7:44 PM

Oct 2017
Resus-2 said:
Ventus_S said:

That's true but IMHO this has something to do with "Suspension of Disbelief" which comes into play in stuff like these. I'm ok with super-powers stuff in other animes like Attack on Titan because we are seeing humans flying around in ODM Gear from tree to tree in the 1st episode and even fighting titans, normally this is impossible to do for normal people but seeing this in the 1st episode had my mind accepting these super-power stuff from that anime.

However, in The Promised Neverland we didn't had super-powers in the 1st season so my mind already toss out any type of super-powers from it, I accept that there are demons that eat humans but my mind won't accept super-powers anymore, specially not after the 1st season which was pretty good without super-powers so seeing super-powers in the manga is something that came out of nowhere for me and I won't be able to use my "Suspension of Disbelief" to accept it because my mind already tossed that out.

Not to mention, adding super-powers in The Promised Neverland felt completely unnecessary, the manga could remove that out completely and nothing would be lost from the manga so the super-powers did more harm than good IMHO.

Damn I wish I had a dollar every time I say super-powers.

I think you misread the whole point I tried to make.
Reread my post please.
I'm not defending this anime original Promised Never Land.
Feb 4, 2021 7:51 PM
Feb 2019
Ventus_S said:
I think you misread the whole point I tried to make.
Reread my post please.
I'm not defending this anime original Promised Never Land.

Ah I see, my bad then.
Feb 4, 2021 8:00 PM

Oct 2015
Yuugo ? More like You are Gone lolol.
Feb 4, 2021 8:07 PM

Apr 2020
HEY NORMAN!!
He is here again! He did survive as they did not show his death in S1.
Hell yeah!

I guess the others are also humans in disguise. Even though I understand that the demons also need meat to survive, how to use humans in the real world treat fowls, and cattle as meat, but I still will pick Emma's side because of the emotional connection.
--AbiSa--
Feb 4, 2021 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
Another pretty tense episode, i honestly tough that this was the time that some of them wouldn't make it, but with that ending! Norman is back, i can't wait so much for the next episode!
It's probably him and his crew? that are stealing kids from other farms, that's for sure!!! Finally, some hope! i hope xD

I'm glad they did a small time skip but they didn't show much but i do guess they live with the bare minimum. And honestly taking those 2 kids was obviously the worst idea ever, they're too young! All of them clearly forgot that they live in a demon world where they are food and top tier ones lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 4, 2021 8:12 PM
Feb 2021
I'm not sure if this show is salvageable at this point. I haven't read the manga, but I don't know if I can watch this knowing how much contents been thrown out. With such a good first season, it's a shame it took such a plumit.
Feb 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Mar 2019
Boring episode... but the last twist, saved it a bit...

The energy in this season is so much lower than the first season...

"Original Story"........ not a good start i must say...

Almost in halfway... i hope it gets better in the second half.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 4, 2021 8:19 PM

Nov 2018
So not only are they going original with the story (or unless they skipped way ahead in the manga), we're also getting a recap episode. They really are fisting our assholes with this season. This is pretty much a 10 episode season.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Feb 4, 2021 8:43 PM

Dec 2017
im not even gonna talk about what is skipped in the manga or whatever since i will accept that this is an original-ish. however, what the actual fuck happened? a whole 6 months time skip, this is just a cop out, so that they dont have to explain any logic at all. supposedly, trained soldiers from the ratri clan got wiped out immediately by the demon from last ep, while a group of kids with bows and fishes are able to escape with no injuries or issues at all. sonju must have been a fucking great sensei, teaching a bunch of 10 year olds to the point that they are better than trained soldiers. anyways they came to hide with the demons after finding a place to live with an old demon...what? then all of a sudden, they got caught just from two random demons smelling them...so you're telling me that the old demon did not smell anything at all (i know hes blind and all) but ure telling me that he fucking cant smell? then of course then we get more fishing scene, welcome to The Fishing Neverland...come on. now the return of norman, assuming that the back story will come in the next ep, i still dont have much hope at all...

Feb 4, 2021 8:48 PM

Feb 2014
So with Norman appearing now, it seems they plan to end the show in this season. Let's go Mama Isabella VS Norman and the kids.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 4, 2021 8:53 PM
Nov 2019
Wait, how much time passed between last episode and this one?

Holy shit Normans back! That came out of fucking nowhere.
Feb 4, 2021 8:58 PM
Jan 2021
Even though I haven't read the manga, this season seems a tad bit rushed. It was nice finally getting to see Norman once again.
Feb 4, 2021 9:26 PM

Mar 2017
As someone who finished the manga, this is the episode that has actually gotten me the most interested in this season. The other episodes felt disappointing because they still had a toe in the manga material so it felt kind of janky but this feels completely it's own thing. I'm mourning the loss of what we could've had but also very excited at the things that this episode sets up. It communicates the ideas of TPN very, very well and I liked getting to know the creatures better on a more personal level.
Feb 4, 2021 9:29 PM

May 2016
Norman reveal was one the BEST moments in the manga and we got this.......
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Feb 4, 2021 9:45 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Did they start adapting this before the chapters came out? Was it budget friendlier to switch it this way?
I'm really interested to see how they salvage this. It wasn't bad in my opinion (albeit, a bit unrealistic--but this story is literal demons eating kids so... what can I say about realistic), but I think they're losing a lot of surprise factors such as the discovery of Norman.

Does the next arc start with the kids getting raided? I'm not even sure what to expect. Maybe it's a newly written route altogether.
Feb 4, 2021 9:46 PM
Jan 2021
This is one very, very unpopular opinion, but as someone who's read a decent bit of the manga (and dropped it because it got boring), I don't necessarily hate this original approach. Hear me out.

For me, the first three anime episodes were the worst. Episode 4 was when things picked up with the bunker explosion, and personally as someone who enjoys faster pace, I prefer how the anime did it. Yes, Yuugo's entrance in the third episode would've been amazing to see animated, but that would've led up to the notorious Goldy Pond Arc--a fan favorite, from what I've seen, but for me it personally got quite boring after a while. The whole William Minerva search and finding different points and whatnot was redundant.

I will say I wish they had done Normans comeback a bit better. It was quiet obviously him and therefore very anticlimatic... sort of wish it had been Yuugo or a really shocking character under there. Still, glad to see Norman back again. :)

Also love how the demons are being given character (and a bit of charm?) as well.

A number of people have said the manga falls off, so I'm excited to see how the creators take on their new approach. Hopefully the rest of this anime will redeem the first three mediocre episodes and add more horror elements. Looking forward to see how they tie back in the two religious demons that helped the kids out at the start, as well as Normans story (I'm assuming his experience gonna be way different from the manga at this point).
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

507 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:48 AM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.