Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 13, 2021 7:24 PM

Sep 2008
no, deku is the worst shonen protag, followed by naruto.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 13, 2021 8:24 PM

Sep 2020
ok so the fact that Eren turned into the villain of the show doesn't mean that he is the worst anime protagonist. Light Yagami did the same thing back then; he was the villain of the show but still a well written character. Eren used to be the hero, now he is the bad guy, u can't deny good writings tho

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jan 13, 2021 8:38 PM
Feb 2018
This massacre is just the tip of the iceberg for what's more to come
Jan 13, 2021 9:21 PM
Jul 2010
Added Eren Jaeger as my Favourite in Myanimelist
Jan 13, 2021 9:40 PM
May 2020
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?
A character being a bad perdón doesnt make it a bad character, look at Johan Liebheart, for example. And if you mean "People liking his attitude", dude, just Watch the number of People who si. P Yuno Gasai. Thats nothing new to anime
Jan 13, 2021 9:43 PM
May 2020
nyugvo6 said:
no, deku is the worst shonen protag, followed by naruto.
Naruto has a good character development and growth. He still gets some unreasonable powers by the end of the series, but he still isnt that bad.
Jan 13, 2021 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Try to read the manga. It all depends on your perspective. . .
Jan 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Jul 2020
cuz he's doing an act of revenge... next
Jan 14, 2021 12:22 AM
Jul 2020
why in hell is this thread so long. it should have ended at 10 posts. Also its not like he didnt suffer much back when he was a kid. he isnt going for revenge, but if he was his revenge is well justified.
Jan 14, 2021 12:26 AM
May 2020
Thinking Eren as the worst anime protagonist of all time means you haven't understood the story and the concept of his character bro
Jan 14, 2021 12:31 AM

Sep 2016
I guess Kirito is the best protagonist for you then. He only produces lives with girls instead of killing lives.
Jan 14, 2021 12:39 AM
Apr 2020
Bruh are you stupid or something? Did you not watch the past 3 seasons? Heck did you even watch episode 5? What a stupid thread lmao.
Jan 14, 2021 1:35 AM

Dec 2015
Lovlis said:
Most of you’re reasons are a little weak. Mikasa being strong and cutting her hair does not make her manly lol that’s jsut sexism. Armin being whiny is realistic and he does grow from that.
Yeah, you area right about that. Stil I found Mikasa's personality a bit too annoying. (Too overprotective regarding Eren.) And yes. For Armin it has reasons. Though I prefer different ways to show/explain characters like him. I remember dropping Re:Zero cause of the annoying main. Where hardcore-fans said he was a great char and there is a reason for him behaving llike that. I think you can do this without making chars too "annoying". This is kinda shounen. Already the "physically weak guy that is intelligent" and the (Eren) "guy that gets stronger and stronger with super powers he suddenly gets frome somewhere".

Lovlis said:
Eren is boring... I see you’re a manga reader and I don’t know why you think that??? Hate him or like him every scene he’s in for the last final arcs are awesome and he’s a scene stealer.
Armin and Eren and to an extent Mikasa are the three people who have gone through the most character development. And they are all very flawed characters, which IMO makes them realistic.
I like Levi, but I don’t even consider him a top 10 AOT character lol, but that’s jsut me. Although erwin ofc is an amazing character and Jean is underrated.
Yes. "Scene stealer" because of the action. Plotwise ... imo there is not too much depth. Yes fans see a lot in there. And try to "push" the little hints we get. I agree with you on Erwin and Jean.

But imo the internal conflicts for other chars are much more interesting and depicted with more detail than for Eren - the shounen main hero. I much enjoyed showing the Marley/Eldian chars in the previous episodes. Imo Reiner grew really strong. (Disliked him in the previous seasons but here he got to shin. Strongest and the one with most development in the beginning of this season.)

Of course the scene with him and Eren meeting was great. And the dialogue were Eren talked. (Both of them have there own reasons. And they get to face each other. And Falco just things "wtf is happening here".) But Reiner is much better. Just feels like they are a bit similar regarding their past (Reiner started weak as well) but just have a different development. While not main and less screentim the few backgrounds in this season were enough fo flesh out Reiner's char much more. He is not restricted to the shounen-type stuff that dictactes for a main to have a certain behaviour/development. (Again: I dislike main characters in a lot of anime. And find side chars more likable. I think in shounen it happens more often though than in other type of anime.)
Jan 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Oct 2019
Luthandorius said:
, you area right about that. Stil I found Mikasa's personality a bit too annoying. (Too overprotective regarding Eren.) And yes. For Armin it has reasons. Though I prefer different ways to show/explain characters like him. I remember dropping Re:Zero cause of the annoying main. Where hardcore-fans said he was a great char and there is a reason for him behaving llike that. I think you can do this without making chars too "annoying". This is kinda shounen. Already the "physically weak guy that is intelligent" and the (Eren) "guy that gets stronger and stronger with super powers he suddenly gets frome somewhere".

Yes. "Scene stealer" because of the action. Plotwise ... imo there is not too much depth. Yes fans see a lot in there. And try to "push" the little hints we get. I agree with you on Erwin and Jean.

But imo the internal conflicts for other chars are much more interesting and depicted with more detail than for Eren - the shounen main hero. I much enjoyed showing the Marley/Eldian chars in the previous episodes. Imo Reiner grew really strong. (Disliked him in the previous seasons but here he got to shin. Strongest and the one with most development in the beginning of this season.)

Of course the scene with him and Eren meeting was great. And the dialogue were Eren talked. (Both of them have there own reasons. And they get to face each other. And Falco just things "wtf is happening here".) But Reiner is much better.

I think Eren has one of the most interesting and ironic internal conflicts- choosing his friends or the world, his humanity/justice or his ideals, but at the same time enslaving himself to fight for freedom, etc. His character is filled to the brim with tragic irony.

Mikasa- understandable. Altho she does grow from her initial wish to just blindly stay by Eren (part of the reason why she and the scouts chose to ignore his depression).
Armin, I can see that but I mean it’s just a sorta logical character development. But what’s a little unique is that just as he is gaining confidence, a lot of that crashes down when he is chosen over erwin. You can see several times in the last arc where he reverts back to that insecurities. It’s not perfectly linear.

Eren is a little diff from most typical shonen mcs provided that the powers he gained are not good, for him and for humanity. Like his breakdown in s3p1. And it’s not random or by luck, you should know what it took for him to get those powers (not to mention what he had to do to unlock all of it). His powers are what helped him become a monster.

No, not because of action, but because pretty every scene he’s in has amazing drama or reveals or themes. For ex: his talk with Reiner, chapter 112, and chapters 119-122
which are often called some of the best chapters in the whole manga, chapter 131, etc. And that was no fighting, just understanding Eren more and more and his ideologies and psyche. That’s... literally the chapters where he got the most focus and they were amazing. Eren pulls the plot forward so “plot wise” he is literally the centerpiece of the story.
Reiner is my top 3 and I love the parallels between the two. I personally don’t think he’s better because Eren’s direction and development had been there since s1. but we can have opinions :)
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Jan 14, 2021 2:10 AM

Aug 2018
There is some really bad protagonists out their.
_______I like rocks__
Jan 14, 2021 2:21 AM
May 2016
Before,oh no Eren is the worst protagonist,he just cries and does nothing,he's boring.After he takes matter into his own hands.Oh no eren is bad,boohoo he kill everyone,so bad how anyone can like him.
Knowing how the manga goes,eren is definetly one of the most enjoyable part of whole storyline.
Jan 14, 2021 6:07 AM

Feb 2020
I mean People actually love eren because he kills innocent family and kid for no reason. Even if most will never outright admit it.
Why attack of titan last season is so highly rated is also because of people loving such mentality.

Obviously according to MAL world or net who do u think are trashy protagonist?
The protagonist who uses "power of friendship" to save innocent people...Very illogical and boring
and who do u think are awesome protagonist?
The protagonist who uses "power of darkness" to torture innocent people...very realistic and logical
even better if protagonist himself is tortured by fictional non living things...thats realism at its peak
U are still new to Online common sense, I guess
AdampkJan 14, 2021 6:33 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 14, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Eren somehow managed to become an even less likeable character! His actions towards the end are not justified, killing off so many innocent people by attacking the city directly! He basically did the same thing Reiner did when his mother was killed! Eren was right, Reiner and him are the same, they are both terrible people! At this point, i dont care what happens to Eren and his group, cheering for them is no different than cheering for Reiner, both terrible people, both selfish and both wrong! Portraying one as the bad guy throughout the entire anime and then allowing your MC to do the same thing is ridiculous! This is what we call a character regression!
Jan 14, 2021 7:00 AM

Apr 2020
Lmao yes he kills innocent people.
That makes him bad?
Ye ok bud
Jan 14, 2021 7:36 AM
Dec 2017
So true bro!
Everyone knows that shounen protagonists should always spare their enemies. Like, who cares if being spared doesn't prevent them from being a problem to the main characters, true good authors know how to deal with this issue by making the villains kill themselves accidentally, so that the main protagonist remains pure of heart and the average 12 year old viewer can still relate to him.

On a serious note tho, Eren is definitely one of the best (if not the best) shounen protagonist of all times, and props to Isayama for choosing such a character as the protagonist of his story.

Also, why people hating on Satou from Welcome to the NHK all of a sudden?
Jan 14, 2021 7:44 AM
Feb 2017
Everyone in that entire country wants to see his demise, the Eldians too just because of history and racism (ik it's cringe but it kinda what it is), both sides have a mission to carry out, and they're willing to make sacrifices, it's poetry at it's finest, the Marleyans sent the 4 to the island to obtain the founding titan not caring about casualties caused, it's time for the nation to have a dose of it's own medicine
Major at Weebology
Jan 14, 2021 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
No. Eren Yaeger was slightly annoying in the 1st 3 seasons but then started becoming slightly cooler in s3 part 2. S4, his development into the cold, mass murderer is phenomenal and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Also, Light Yagami was also a mass murderer who is a well liked character in MAL. I don't think liking mass murderers is that bad as long as they are fictional
Jan 14, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2020
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?
good and bad are relative words. Someone who is considered good by a particular person might be considered bad by some other individual. It depends on from where you are viewing the person and his acts. For the Marleyeans eren is bad since he killed many of their people. But for the guys back at Paradis he might be a hero who's fighting for their sake. Think about that buddy. And as for my personal opinion on eren, that mf is gangsta.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2021 9:16 AM
Nov 2018
DonTheRevo said:
Eren somehow managed to become an even less likeable character! His actions towards the end are not justified, killing off so many innocent people by attacking the city directly! He basically did the same thing Reiner did when his mother was killed! Eren was right, Reiner and him are the same, they are both terrible people! At this point, i dont care what happens to Eren and his group, cheering for them is no different than cheering for Reiner, both terrible people, both selfish and both wrong! Portraying one as the bad guy throughout the entire anime and then allowing your MC to do the same thing is ridiculous! This is what we call a character regression!
bro it’s not about bein liked, you missed the whole point.
Jan 14, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2017
The only thing this thread is gonna do is spoil anime-only's. Eren is one of the best written protagonists of all time, that’s all I’ll say.
SomeRandomGuy01Jan 22, 2021 4:04 AM
Jan 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
DonTheRevo said:

That's why Attack on titan is one of the best shonens out there. It's morally grey. If you want a cliché plot with heroes and villains go watch My Hero Academia (nothing against the show btw)
removed-userJan 14, 2021 9:35 AM
Jan 14, 2021 9:35 AM
Apr 2018
Zener said:
Kiyotaka696 said:
So LIGHT is a bad protagonist to you?

Criminals != innocent civilians

Jan 14, 2021 9:41 AM

Dec 2020
I can already smell the shitstorm in the threads that Eren is going to cause later.
Jan 14, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2018
Eren is amazing, he's one of the best protagonist.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 14, 2021 10:47 AM

Jul 2020
Eren is GOAT. He's the most well-written and morally complex character I've seen.
Jan 14, 2021 11:19 AM
Nov 2020
MoonDragon72 said:
I wouldn't say he's the worst, but he's really damn close.

awwww why do u go on hating on aot on every single thread?

triggering the fanbase? in that case u have my respect cause there is a bunch of snowflakes here lmao
Jan 14, 2021 11:49 AM

Dec 2020
Another trash thread. Good job at spoiling it for other people.

Next time I think you could try and make a thread like this and not spoil anything please.

People with boobs > people with no boobs.

My lemons > ur lemons
Please just send to profile ^^
Jan 14, 2021 11:57 AM
Jan 2017
He literally turned into Hitler, that means these ppl like Hitler
Jan 14, 2021 12:02 PM
Jan 2017
Saber_Evergarden said:
ok so the fact that Eren turned into the villain of the show doesn't mean that he is the worst anime protagonist. Light Yagami did the same thing back then; he was the villain of the show but still a well written character. Eren used to be the hero, now he is the bad guy, u can't deny good writings tho
good writings lmao
Jan 14, 2021 12:04 PM
Jan 2017
Wonginus said:
Eren is GOAT. He's the most well-written and morally complex character I've seen.
Thorfinn laughs in Viking
Julio_99Jan 14, 2021 12:08 PM
Jan 14, 2021 1:20 PM
Nov 2018
Shonentard complains protagonist is not a boring goodie two shoes.
Jan 14, 2021 1:27 PM
Nov 2018
DonTheRevo said:

The entire audience was gleefully applauding the plan to exterminate an entire race. What was he supposed to do? Eren had no choice he is defending his home.
Jan 14, 2021 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
no subaru from rezero is. He spends all of season two p1 crying like a little bitch and getting rekt. He has these epiphanies, gets all confident and then BANG, shit hits the fan and he's a depressed little bitch boy again.

oh snap
Jan 14, 2021 1:32 PM
Jan 2021
ASSIM EU ACHO QUE O EREN TAA EM CONSTRUÇAÕ AINDA, QUERENDO OU NÃO ELE É UM ADOLESCENTE, MAS ELE TA MUITO MELHOR AGORA NA 4 TEMPORADA. EU TAVA PESQUISANDO E ENCONTREI UM VÍDEO SOBRE O EP 6 TA A´PRA QUEM QUISER FICAR EMBASADO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLN9EBA4uSU
Jan 14, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
Just because he did something wrong does not make him a “bad character”. If anything, it makes his character even more interesting. The Eren we knew, who would never do some trying like this, killed many innocent people.
Jan 14, 2021 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
Moral ambiguity = BAD CHARACTER!!!!

Every single great writer from Ancient Greece to today disagrees with you. Wanting your fiction to be spoon-fed sanguine drivel evinces either a shallowness in character or hollowness of mind.
Jan 14, 2021 3:05 PM

Aug 2020
just make up a fanfiction where it doesn't do that after all what is reality?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jan 14, 2021 4:34 PM
Feb 2018
Julio_Cesar99 said:

I admired him, to be honest.
Jan 14, 2021 5:30 PM
Jan 2017
Eren_Hitler said:
Julio_Cesar99 said:

lol your name dude lmao
Jan 14, 2021 5:47 PM
Feb 2018
Julio_Cesar99 said:
Eren_Hitler said:

lol your name dude lmao

I admired Hitler and liked Eren, so here's my username xD.
Jan 14, 2021 6:13 PM
Jan 2017
Eren_Hitler said:
Julio_Cesar99 said:
lol your name dude lmao

I admired Hitler and liked Eren, so here's my username xD.
well at least you like both
Jan 14, 2021 6:32 PM

Apr 2020
No. but he's actually pretty bad.
Jan 14, 2021 7:08 PM
May 2020
the term protagonist does not incline the character to be inherently good. people favouring how well written eren is does not mean they validate his actions. it's fictional, and the way his progression has been set out to be IS not supposed to appeal him in any form.

I find myself to be sensitive upon these subjects but I don't see why people would be upset. I respect triggers and all but snk is known for its well written characters and unspeakable twists with gore and ill associated topics. eren still indulges within the platform of a main protagonist. there's no reason he wouldn't, he's the leading character, thus fitting the criteria. whilst many major anime portray a main protagonist of good heart and hero ideology, eren is definitely not one of them. and it's evident with the general plot. snk wasn't set for a hero tuned character like tanjiro, or naruto, and that makes it even better.
Jan 14, 2021 7:29 PM
Jan 2019
Nobody there was innocent stupid, when Willy declared war on paradise they all cheered for it and that's why eren decided to trample over them. I will always choose my family and friends over people I don't f*cking know
Jan 14, 2021 7:50 PM
Jul 2020
Protagonist ≠ Hero/good guy
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 13, 2020

601 by LotteGiants »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 21, 2021

475 by jebras »»
Jun 9, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

508 by therealnagora »»
Jun 5, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by therealnagora »»
Jun 1, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.