Forum Settings
Forums

If you could only pick 1 anime to watch for the rest of your life?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 26, 2020 12:51 AM

Oct 2012
This is an easy one: Chihayafuru. There are only a handful of shows I could rewatch without getting tired of it.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 26, 2020 1:17 AM

Sep 2020
BatGuin said:
So you don't wont us to watch an anime with over 100 episodes?What kind of retribution is that? Anyway, Great Pretender/Mob 100/Baki. Probably best options. Great pretennder has a pphenomenal story , Mob has top notch animation and baki just was very enjoyable for me

Well if you could go over 100 everyone would just pick one piece, naruto, bleach, etc cuz they're long so gotta switch things up a bit ya know :/ and I respect the mob pyscho

“𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕’𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’š π’Šπ’• π’Šπ’”. π‘ͺπ’‰π’‚π’π’ˆπ’† π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’π’†π’—π’Šπ’•π’‚π’ƒπ’π’†. 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 π’“π’†π’”π’Šπ’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’•, π’šπ’π’–’𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 π’”π’Šπ’Žπ’‘π’π’š π’ˆπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‡π’π’π’˜.” – π‘Ίπ’‰π’–π’π’”π’–π’Š π‘²π’šπ’π’–π’“π’‚π’Œπ’–
Nov 26, 2020 1:52 AM
Sep 2019
I'm not the type to rewatch something, so it would be a living hell for me.
Nov 26, 2020 4:05 AM
Dec 2019
ofc Gintama. I would never get bored.
Nov 26, 2020 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
the promised neverland easily 😏😏
Nov 26, 2020 4:23 AM

Mar 2020
Probably Hunter x Hunter because it's the most versatile anime I have watched...
Nov 26, 2020 4:24 AM

Dec 2019
The Fate series because I will not run out of new anime to watch
Nov 26, 2020 4:29 AM
Aug 2020
If i cant choose One Piece then i will go with Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
Nov 26, 2020 4:48 AM
Oct 2020
I would either prefer not to watch any, Because I can't just keep watching same thing over and over again...

_/0\_...xD
Nov 26, 2020 5:08 AM

Apr 2015
Muumins would be my choice. I have already seen it so many times but it is still so good.
Nov 26, 2020 6:04 AM

Oct 2020
One Piece, since I still haven't seen a single episode and it would last me a life-time given how long it is.
Nov 26, 2020 7:31 AM

Sep 2020
Gabriel Dropout, I have rewatched it numerous times and never got old to me
An anime obsessed person who might become a Yandere, BTW Yuno is my sensei :)

Nov 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Jul 2020
Just one? Jeez...um, well if by anime you mean all seasons, movies, specials, OVAs, etc.---how 'bout Strike Witches? No, no, no...um Girls und Panzer? Black Lagoon? Does anyone else feel that by answering they've somehow hurt the feelings of their other favorite anime? Ugh. Going to eat turkey. Happy Thanksgiving all!
Nov 26, 2020 7:46 AM
Apr 2013
K-On, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun or something along those lines. Most likely Takagi-san though.
Nov 26, 2020 7:47 AM

Aug 2018
Only 1 anime to watch for the rest of my life?

K-On!
Nov 26, 2020 7:53 AM

Aug 2016
I was considering Space Brothers with the 99 episodes like some people suggest, but people forget there is also the prequel movie, so if we pick Space Brothers, all of the franchise would need to be included as long as it's canon or part of the main story line at the very minimum.

I was also considering Monogatari, but if we translate movie duration and convert it to typical TV duration, the total number of episodes will exceed 100 episodes because of the Kizu trilogy and Zoku Owarimonogatari. Duration of minutes will be 2,494 and that's excluding Koyomimonogatari. If OP counts a movie as 1 episode like what MAL does, then this would qualify and I might consider it.

My answers would also change if we can choose a franchise with 100+ episodes but cut off a section of what we want in that range as long as it covers the entire seasons, but don't think that's what OP wants.

I'm also not sure if we can select Fullmetal Alchemist because franchise wise, there's the 2003 version and Brotherhood and I don't know if we can choose one and simply ignore the other's existence. With all things considered, if we can, then I was thinking Brotherhood

If this still doesn't qualify, I'll go with Death Note and just continually rewatch the first 25 episodes rather than the later 11 and 1 recap one. HM: Kaiji (will only mainly watch the first season rather than first, second, and Middle Manager if spinoffs counted)
MechKingKillbotNov 26, 2020 7:58 AM
Nov 26, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 2020
I ll go with my all time fav snk also it is a rewatchable anime everytime u get new infos u understand more the previous episodes u watched.
Nov 26, 2020 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
Quite a hard choice. Let me first think of things I'd want to have from a show I'll have to watch exclusively for a life-time

• Length (Given the rule limitations, I'd want it as close to 100 eps as possible)
  • Episodic (Would be tiring after a while to have to go by order and follow an overarching story. I'd just rather randomly pick an episode sit back and enjoy.)
  • SoL (A more personal preference but I feel SoL's have a lot more rewatchability value. You'd already know all the twists and developments in a narrative-focused show after all.)

I think Natsume's Book of Friends is the one that the 3 criteria applies the best. I've only seen a couple episodes before it was put on-hold but am very much willing to continue.
Nov 26, 2020 8:20 AM

Jun 2020
I'd choose Gintama by a mile if there wasn't an episode limit, but because there is, I'd go with Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. It's by far my favorite superpower/sci-fi anime.
Nov 26, 2020 9:30 AM

May 2020
probs Kaguya-sama or steins; gate.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 26, 2020 10:46 AM
Apr 2010
Yakitake Japan, timeless classic.
Nov 26, 2020 3:02 PM

Sep 2020
MechKingKillbot said:
I was considering Space Brothers with the 99 episodes like some people suggest, but people forget there is also the prequel movie, so if we pick Space Brothers, all of the franchise would need to be included as long as it's canon or part of the main story line at the very minimum.

I was also considering Monogatari, but if we translate movie duration and convert it to typical TV duration, the total number of episodes will exceed 100 episodes because of the Kizu trilogy and Zoku Owarimonogatari. Duration of minutes will be 2,494 and that's excluding Koyomimonogatari. If OP counts a movie as 1 episode like what MAL does, then this would qualify and I might consider it.

My answers would also change if we can choose a franchise with 100+ episodes but cut off a section of what we want in that range as long as it covers the entire seasons, but don't think that's what OP wants.

I'm also not sure if we can select Fullmetal Alchemist because franchise wise, there's the 2003 version and Brotherhood and I don't know if we can choose one and simply ignore the other's existence. With all things considered, if we can, then I was thinking Brotherhood

If this still doesn't qualify, I'll go with Death Note and just continually rewatch the first 25 episodes rather than the later 11 and 1 recap one. HM: Kaiji (will only mainly watch the first season rather than first, second, and Middle Manager if spinoffs counted)

Shoutout to u for actually thinking everything through properly for Monogatari and space brothers lol. And I can respect the FMAB and DN choices

“𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕’𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’š π’Šπ’• π’Šπ’”. π‘ͺπ’‰π’‚π’π’ˆπ’† π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’π’†π’—π’Šπ’•π’‚π’ƒπ’π’†. 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 π’“π’†π’”π’Šπ’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’•, π’šπ’π’–’𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 π’”π’Šπ’Žπ’‘π’π’š π’ˆπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‡π’π’π’˜.” – π‘Ίπ’‰π’–π’π’”π’–π’Š π‘²π’šπ’π’–π’“π’‚π’Œπ’–
Nov 26, 2020 3:13 PM

Feb 2020
HXH 1999. It's long but just under 100 eps, and it has earned the title of my favourite ever anime so I would say that's a justified reason.
pls play jet set radio future for the microsoft xbox. thanks
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What is your opinion about Anitubers

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 10

49 by DesuMaiden »»
21 seconds ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

68 by TheScarletCutter »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

48 by DesuMaiden »»
19 minutes ago

» Should anime girls have matching bra + panties?

Catalano - 11 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
34 minutes ago

» Underrated villains

JoeChip - 8 hours ago

15 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.