Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2020
Katou81 said:
That was the worst episode so far... this anime has been going downhill since the beginning of this season. Yui was the only good thing about it

clearly u dont care so why watch it tho?
Sep 17, 2020 5:06 PM
Jul 2020
ncviik said:
The music and visuals were really good this ep. Really loved the camera angels, the first person perspective reminded me of Monogatari. Loved how they used the first monologue ("Youth is a lie, it is evil") in such a way, showed how much he developed. Really well done feel., no one will praise them here so I should atleast!

My boi finally did it! He finally mustered the courage to do it! I teared up. Best confession by far, not your typical one but a great one indeed.

“Give me the right to mess up your life.”

Best c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ partners.

Ouuuu how come I didn't notice that, the camera angles were realy similiar to it, but I think Monogatari has a lot more movement and change with their animation style. I did like that the animation was very different from other episodes, where the same angle was kept most of the time.
Sep 17, 2020 5:09 PM
Jul 2020
Def one of the best episodes.

Honestly feel pretty bad for Yui, hopefully she gets a match in the future. Hachiman with Yui would've been nice, but its pretty obvious which is the better match.

Damn this series rlly coming to an end, I started this series this quarantine, so I can't imagine how happy ppl are who have picked it up years ago.
Sep 17, 2020 5:09 PM
Oct 2018
they're going to completely forget about iroha aren't they? oh well, I can't say I didn't enjoy this.
--
Sep 17, 2020 5:20 PM

Jun 2016
Awesome best episode of season. Though this season has been awful overall. But this episode redemn iy

Sep 17, 2020 5:32 PM
Dec 2018
ncviik said:
The music and visuals were really good this ep. Really loved the camera angels, the first person perspective reminded me of Monogatari. Loved how they used the first monologue ("Youth is a lie, it is evil") in such a way, showed how much he developed. Really well done feel., no one will praise them here so I should atleast!

My boi finally did it! He finally mustered the courage to do it! I teared up. Best confession by far, not your typical one but a great one indeed.

“Give me the right to mess up your life.”

Best c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ partners.

Thank you! Finally someone else talking about the production, I’m getting tired of all the LN nitpicking. The production and directive/sound design decisions from Feel. this season have been consistently awesome, and really help elevate the writing to something truly fantastic for me
Sep 17, 2020 5:32 PM

Apr 2020
I want femdom iroha to scold me

Sep 17, 2020 5:35 PM
Apr 2019
Yeah b*tch!!!! This episode is great. All the wait is now over. We all waited for this "genuine" moment. I am still smiling as of now since I felt relieved to see a resolution towards the story.

I felt bad for Yui though. She deserves another man to be with her.
That confession between Yukino and 8man. Damn, they really have a weird quirk for saying "I love you" towards each other, huh? But hey that's what I think those characters are meant to be, because they really suck at communicating. We only have one episode left for the conclusion. It's sad to see this story will depart now :(
Sep 17, 2020 5:36 PM
Oct 2019
best confession without saying " i love you " good job hachiman
Sep 17, 2020 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
Probably the best episode of Oregairu so far.

Yui crying with her mother comforting her was painful. Can't imagine how painful it was for her to listen to Hikki saying he wanted to continue 'associating' with Yukinon.

The entire scene on the bridge was beautiful, loved the writing there and blushing/embarrassed Yukinon gives me life. On a higher level, I can't get enough of Hayami Saori.
Hikki finally went all out, absolutely well done. Great stuff.

Loving the title name drop for the last episode and it's pretty fitting.
Sep 17, 2020 5:54 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely best episode of the series. It got so more enjoyable when the series stop trying to tell the story trough subtext (to the point where there is a lack of information to understand certain events) and the MC just decided to be straightforward
Sep 17, 2020 6:05 PM
Aug 2020
this series is so deep that I dont get it but its so fucking good

Sep 17, 2020 6:08 PM
Nov 2016
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
That ending was fucking awesome, can't wait for next weeks episode.

Sep 17, 2020 6:08 PM

Aug 2015
After 5 long years , it finally happens and its's extremely satisfying.
It was an amazing journey and its definitely gonna be missed.
Sep 17, 2020 6:09 PM

Aug 2015
kooldood17 said:
this series is so deep that I dont get it but its so fucking good

reddit discussions help explain and analyze what happens in each episode so I recommend you to go and check out the discussions.
Sep 17, 2020 6:14 PM

Jun 2017

That was...beautiful. I have never seen such a great confession. Easily the best episode of the season for me as well.

I am sad for Yui but this was coming since S1....
Sep 17, 2020 6:16 PM

Aug 2017
one of the best confession ever in romance anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2020 6:17 PM

Sep 2019
Hachiman finally confessed! After such a long time... it finally happened. And now the story is ending soon :(

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Sep 17, 2020 6:20 PM
Mar 2020
I've been following this anime since 2017 and i feel relief

Hachiman and Yukino confess to each other altough not using the three words
Sep 17, 2020 6:29 PM

Jun 2016
My ship Yukino and Hachiman happens as it should. Yui crying again sad for yui fans but It be lie if Hachiman accept her feelings it be ungenuive. Yui x Hachiman was never gonna happen as Hachiman hold no romantic feelings for her.

Hachiman loves Yukino and Yukino return the feelings

Shiratsuki I love her she is awesome my favourite in this series equal with Haruno and Hikigaya and Yukino. Love all this characters

I am Hikigiya x Yukino since day 1.

I hope Hikigaya and Yukino marry someday 😍😍😍😍

I also Notice Yukino is been very Nice this season. Unlike first two seasons. She deserve all hapiness plus Hachiman

Yukino mum and Haruno is closest you can get to antagonist this season lol. Haha they are such pain to deal with. No wonder Yukino have a lot personal issues.

Haha but I also Yukino mum and Haruno they are both very strict but also does care about Yukino in their own way.

I find dialogue between Hachiman and Yukino hard to understand. But I know it was awesome. I might be stupid or not smart to understand it

But in clear Hachiman x Yukino. I been waiting waiting and it finally happen.

Besides confession, Hachiman is cool as ever his conversation with Yukino mum and Haruno about prom was hilarious.
DemonDarknightSep 17, 2020 6:45 PM

Sep 17, 2020 6:32 PM

Mar 2013
How to confess to a girl:

- I love you, can I be with you?

8man:

- Give me your life.

I've predicted 8man and Yukino from the start, and I'm happy to finally see a conclusion.
But damn!!!! that was the weirdest way to make a confession imo.

I'm seeing everyone here like:" wow that was awesome!"
I mean... really? It was 5 years of waiting. And then we hear something like "I wanna mess with your life"???????
Oh God, why.
Sep 17, 2020 6:35 PM
Jul 2020
Well this is it, we have finally reach the end of one of the best Light Novel adaptation.

TEAM YUKINOSHITA!!!
Sep 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Jun 2016
First girl always win This have been unchallenged since ages.

Hachiman x Yukino was obvious since first season.

Sep 17, 2020 6:38 PM
Nov 2017
Yukino <3

Best confession without saying "I love you"
The wait was real, but worth it.
Sep 17, 2020 7:04 PM
Apr 2020
Literally could NOT have asked for anything else. This is how Hikigaya and Yukino confess their feelings and lowkey don’t have a problem. I loved it. I was able to release a few tears of joy as I watched them talk. Beautiful. Amazing and I can not wait for the final episode. I am going to miss this series.
Sep 17, 2020 7:17 PM

Oct 2016
Thank God YES! Feels delivered where it mattered the most, I can say that this episode saved the season, not saying the season was bad it was just missing a lot of stuff but, this episode right here was the shit. That confession was amazing, and in the most Hachiman and Yukino way. I hope the last episode will be all just fun, and more Hachiman and Yukino please.
Sep 17, 2020 7:20 PM

May 2012
Holy #%#. So I forgot this anime series existed for a whole 5 years while I was grinding it out in the crappy real world trying to make ends meet. Then they announced 3rd season for this thing so I started getting back into it and I finally got to this episode and my god words can't describe the feels that you get from watching this masterpiece of an episode. IT WAS WORTH THE 7 YEAR RIDE AND MORE. THIS EPISODE >>>> MY CRAPPY LIFE.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 17, 2020 7:34 PM
Nov 2019
This episode hit different.Left me stunned.Does this mean they are dating and also where do they go from here.
Sep 17, 2020 7:48 PM

Sep 2020
This is easily if not the best, then one of the best confession I've seen in anime. Heck, they didn't even used the word "Love" and still managed to convey their feelings for each other. Easily the best Episode of this Season.

Now that they have the right, they will continue to make mess in each other's life
Sep 17, 2020 7:51 PM

May 2008
Bullshit ending.

It's Toradora all over again.
Sep 17, 2020 7:52 PM

Mar 2018
You could end the season here and I'd be satisfied, what an ending. As what you'd call a certified Yukinon and 8man fan, the ending of this episode was out of this world. So happy they decided to finally open their mouths for once.

But with happy scenes came the sad ones, rip to the homies Hiratsuka Sensei and Yui; they don't deserve to be sad ;(((. All fans, regardless if you like Yukinon or Yui felt pain when Gahamama consoled Yui when she came home.

10/10
Sep 17, 2020 7:59 PM

Apr 2020
Finally! Hachiman confession was awesome, and Yukino accept it!
Sep 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
This whole season has been really confusing to me lol. So much time spent on this prom BS and I really don't get why and now this SUPER WEIRD confession. I loved the first two seasons but this one has felt dragged out and more awkward in script. Can someone recap this season for me so I can go into the final episode with a better appreciation?

Yui is best girl
Sep 17, 2020 8:17 PM

Jul 2015
There won't be many times in romance series were I will be as satisfied with a confession as with this one... especially getting massive bonus points with the fact that Yui is actually my best girl by a long run, but that meant nothing at all, this bridge scene was incredible and really showed the chemistry between both characters, finally being able to express their feelings in the most clear, yet most roundabout way possible, sasuga Oregairu.

I really needed this satisfaction after being punched to the face over and over in the first half, man they sure went all-in with Yui's feelings q_q

I can't believe next episode is the end of this ride, I will miss this series.
Sep 17, 2020 8:20 PM

Feb 2014
Two Highschoolers, who defined the words "I Love You"; without saying it. Damn Hachiman really has a way with words.I'd say this confession was Law of Equivalent Exchange tier. Hiratsuka-sensei powered him up with that Love card. (Someone marry her at the finale please XD)
Feel sorry for Yuigahama, but somethings are dear because they are unreachable.

Next the finale. Cannot believe this started 7 years ago. Still kinda regret I didn't know about it when I was in HS.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 17, 2020 8:22 PM
Sep 2020
Best rejection and confession in anime so far. I like it. Yukino x Hachiman is the best couple 😍.Although the studio are biased towards Yui. This episode can make my heart very happy
Killer_00Sep 17, 2020 8:25 PM
Sep 17, 2020 8:30 PM

Apr 2020
Definitely the highlight was the quirkily good confession scene.

But I don't know, for me this "climax" was a bit underwhelming. The entire prom arc where Yukino tries to be independent and tries to deflect her sister's accusation where they are codependent of each other, is thrown out: Yukino proved to her family that she's capable, but she is still insecure about her role when it comes to her friends, and now lover.

While the Hiratsuka scene is great, she spelled it out so much that there was no room for Hikigaya to have self-realization. In the past, her messages were always cryptic to the point that it only guides Hikigaya to an answer. But now, she plainly states the answer and it was a bullseye too. Compare to S2, after Hiratsuka's advice, Hikigaya couldn't sleep because he was busy thinking what to do before the "genuine" scene. That sense of self-realization and character development is missing.

There isn't a time where all three talked to each other honestly and made a compromise where all parties knew each other's motives. Most of the season comprised of the three talking behind each other's backs and made decisions for them without even them knowing. In that sense, their relationship as a club was thrown away too as if it was nothing. Which is bad since S1 and S2 built upon this relationship. It would have been interesting if they could have incorporated at least some of it before dismissing it as fake or codependent.

Don't get me wrong, I love this series to bits but aside from the confession scene, and the anime humanizing Yui's plight, the whole season has been lackluster, especially when compared to the more human conflicts of S2. The entire ordeal doesn't feel like a satisfying climax for me. It just feels like it's just an ending for the sake of having an ending.
ToraiSSep 17, 2020 8:39 PM
Sep 17, 2020 8:45 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
ToraiS said:
Don't get me wrong, I love this series to bits but aside from the confession scene, and the anime humanizing Yui's plight, the whole season has been lackluster, especially when compared to the more human conflicts of S2. The entire ordeal doesn't feel like a satisfying climax for me. It just feels like it's just an ending for the sake of having an ending.

I agree that the action and antics were definitely toned down for this season compared to the other two, but for me that helped put the emotions front and center. This season really capture the feeling of friendship slowly falling apart. Something puts a divide between you, and then suddenly you're caught watching as you feel the relationship shattering, and you just have no clue what to do. The feeling fills you with stress, which all the characters here reacted to in the usual ways. Up to this episode they maintained that possibility that things might just break, which is what I admire about this season. It was like watching someone slowly stretch a rubber band at the point where every second you fear the next will destroy everything.

All this doesn't mean you're wrong about the season. Your opinions are perfectly valid; I just wanted to express why this season was fantastic from my perspective.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Sep 17, 2020 9:06 PM

Apr 2020
gaussian_ said:
ToraiS said:

I agree that the action and antics were definitely toned down for this season compared to the other two, but for me that helped put the emotions front and center. This season really capture the feeling of friendship slowly falling apart. Something puts a divide between you, and then suddenly you're caught watching as you feel the relationship shattering, and you just have no clue what to do. The feeling fills you with stress, which all the characters here reacted to in the usual ways. Up to this episode they maintained that possibility that things might just break, which is what I admire about this season. It was like watching someone slowly stretch a rubber band at the point where every second you fear the next will destroy everything.

All this doesn't mean you're wrong about the season. Your opinions are perfectly valid; I just wanted to express why this season was fantastic from my perspective.

I get you but I want some weight, some oomph, some impact because this was supposedly a climax. But it's like, as you said, slowly stretching a rubber band to the point that it's nearly going to break and leave some nasty marks. I'm waiting for that snap but all I was presented was someone just stopping a few centimeters, then calmly cutting it with scissors.
Sep 17, 2020 9:07 PM
Apr 2018
"Please allow me to have...your life."

The conversation in the end between HACHIMAN & YUKINO was the best part of this episode, or to say my favorite of this season.
HACHIMAN said something GENUINE. I find him exactly similar to myself.

Thank You :)
Doutei-kunSep 17, 2020 9:12 PM
Sep 17, 2020 9:14 PM
Nov 2018
I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS BUT IM KINDA SAD IDK WHAT TO FEEL REALLY ISJDFNEJWKFEIFJ I CANT BYE OH MY GOD
Sep 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Dec 2018
Honestly a lot of flowing emotions in this episode. Good episode.
ScepifySep 18, 2020 1:50 AM
Sep 17, 2020 9:20 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Seven years but it finnaly happened, i waited so long for this moment, really worthed it.
Sep 17, 2020 9:31 PM
Feb 2020
Trihexa- said:
Hiratsuka-sensei deserves her own series.
My Adult Romantic Comedy is wrong as I expected SNAFU !!
Sep 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
I have a new found respect for Iroha, fucking calling Yukino's mom the "Old Hag" LOL That's foul!

BUT HOLY SHIT!!! THE FUCKING BRIDGE SCENE WAS SHEER BRILLIANCE!

Just everything. Animation, Music, writing just fucking brilliant. God DAMMIT! I almost popped a blood vessel from how fucking loud I was yelling. Holy shit what an amazing scene!

I want to Distort your life. MY FUCKING BOY AND GIRL!!! HOLY SHIT I AM SO HAPPY!

I don't want to skip on the Prom discussion either. When she shot Hikigaya that glance when he told her mother that he wanted to "Get involved with her business" and when she shot up out of her seat when he suggested Yukino help make his prom idea happen. So good.
LET'S GO!!!

AND THE EMBRACE ON THE BRIDGE!
SoraSenpaiSep 18, 2020 4:28 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 17, 2020 9:43 PM
Mar 2020
What an amazing confession scenes, they nailed it. It was probably the most vague yet most clear confession I'd ever see. An amazing episode, waiting for 5 years for this was totally worth it
Sep 17, 2020 9:50 PM
Dec 2008
7 years bros... I can finally die in peace.
Sep 17, 2020 9:53 PM
Sep 2020
MegamiRem said:
cchigu said:

Damn, this episode might be the best Oregairu episode yet. Fuck, I love these three dorks too much. My eyes can't stop sweating.
Yeah I swear it's just sweat and not tears.

Damn just one final episode to go.
[quote=MegamiRem message=60733491]
cchigu said:

Damn, this episode might be the best Oregairu episode yet. Fuck, I love these three dorks too much. My eyes can't stop sweating.

2 episodes to go
Sep 17, 2020 9:54 PM
Sep 2020
MegamiRem said:
cchigu said:

MegamiRem said:
cchigu said:

"2 episodes to go"
Sep 17, 2020 9:54 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Animdev said:
MegamiRem said:

MegamiRem said:

"2 episodes to go"
Nope, only 1 more left.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

7 by ANIk_003 »»
Sep 11, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

216 by Gerbian »»
Sep 1, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

285 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

492 by Shikamotoxxx »»
Jul 4, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Sep 10, 2020

166 by ViSpace »»
Jun 6, 7:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.