Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 19, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2017
The prom was great and Haruno is really annoying in this season.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2020 10:27 AM
Jul 2020
Nurguburu said:
haruno is the best girl though.
Jan 2, 2021 2:23 AM
Jul 2018
Hiratsuka-sensei is the best girl. The ending in this episode shows how much she cares for 8man (and the others i guess) and I like how her words seems to clear 8man of all his bad thoughts whenever 8man seems to get overwhelmed with the situations being thrown at him and guides him to decide on a path to take.
Jan 9, 2021 1:30 AM

Apr 2016
At this rate, I don't know why they even hear Haruno's words.
Mar 1, 2021 1:07 AM

Jul 2010
Haruno is annoying lol Shizuka is right codependency is simplifying things.
May 26, 2021 4:25 AM
Aug 2013
I don't know if anyone feels like this but I really don't like Haruno. I never ever liked her. She always has kinda pessimistic and narrow view of things. She even went ahead and said that the relationship that three of them (Yukino, Yui and Hachiman) share is just codependency and nothing else. I mean she's not with them all the time. Who's she to judge and put names on them. I get pissed because she always has bad things to tell. Always stirs ppl up, especially Yukino. I get that she cares but the way of showing it is pathetic. She behaves like that and wonders is there anything genuine in this world? Ofc you won't find anything genuine with a thinking or behavior like that.

And always forces Hachiman to tag along and 'entertain' her. She behaves like a high mighty goddess who is so bored of the world because it's filled with fakes and morons.

All of us wonder where the genuine thing is? It's like one is saying second is wrong, second is saying third is wrong snd so on. Everyone blames others and society in itself but forgets that they themselves are part of it. Doesn't that make everyone wrong? We all get left and betrayed by someone or the other. People always get disappointed in others. Then what about you? Are you that good yourself?

And I believe we can find something genuine. It could be your friend, family, lover, anyone. We just don't recognize it. But being genuine doesn't mean that the relationship is perfect in itself. Everyone goes through changes in time. Circumstances change. Even we change in some ways. We will make mistakes. Doesn't mean it's not genuine. I personally believe if people become more forgiving and less egoistic then relationships can be maintained better (not talking about toxic or abusive ones). People put their egos forward, they don't forgive, they don't contact and then question what's genuine. Isn't that stupid and selfish of you. You are just being self centered.

Anyway, I diverted somewhere else. I hate how Haruno then says she's not satisfied with the ending like she's the one to judge their lives. Yukino even said that she'll learn and will take responsibility in the far future, not now which actually means that she has a lot to learn and she's going to. Then what didn't satisfy her? She talks like she's someone very special. I know she's helping the family in their business but still. I don't like her attitude.

That's why I was so happy to hear sensei words to Hachiman in the end. She said what I basically felt. A relationship cannot be summed up in one word and especially not be summed by a third person. I personally believe Yukino, Yui and Hachiman shared a beautiful relationship, going through all the ups and downs. Experiencing all sorts of emotions individually and as a group. I love the dynamic shared between the three and I still wish they continue the Service club. I liked Iroha's offer even though it's kinda impossible. She also wants them (especially Hachiman) to stay.

Also loving the scenes between Hachiman and Yui. Their dynamic is also interesting although I wish they would adapt more Yukino scenes from the novel (that's what I heard from LN readers). I'm off to see the final two episodes.
May 26, 2021 4:30 AM
Aug 2013
Fullmetal51 said:
Haruno is annoying lol Shizuka is right codependency is simplifying things.

I've always been annoying and pissed by her whenever she's on screen. She never has anything nice to say. Seems to stir everyone up including her sister. Almost always drags Hachiman, expecting him to entertain her like she's a high princess or something. And the way she summarized the trip relationship really pissed me off. Who is she to judge when she had just been an observer from the outside. And why do others listen to her?

That's why I loved what Shizuka sensei said. A relationship cannot be that small to sum up in one word. Anyway I love this anime.
May 26, 2021 4:33 AM
Aug 2013
Daninokuni said:
At this rate, I don't know why they even hear Haruno's words.

Exactly! She's been annoying af. I never liked her from the start anyway. Who is she to judge when she never spent time with them? Who is she to say it's not genuine or it's fake, codependent. She never has anything nice to say and always expects Hachiman to entertain her. Now she's not even satisfied with their ending (or Yukino decision).
May 26, 2021 4:37 AM
Aug 2013
flamebc said:
Nurguburu said:
haruno is the best girl though.

What is great about her? Always acting like a high intelligent priestess, expecting people to be interesting to entertain her because the queen is so bored. Acting like she's wise or something. She never has anything nice to day, always stirs things up. Hardly ever cares about anything. Maybe that's why some ppl think she's a badass.

But she's totally wrong in saying their relationship is codependency. Shizuka sensei is best. I loved her words in the end and so glad she told that to Hachiman. They shouldn't listen to Haruno at all.
Sep 25, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2016
"Give me some sort of ending." Haruno route ftw.

On a more serious note, Haruno must have better things to do than to care what some high schoolers are doing. Also I agree. Hachimann please stop running away and just make a decision already bro. He obviously knows the girls like him.
Feb 24, 2022 2:22 PM

Nov 2010
I like that dance moment with Yui. It's so sweet.
Feb 26, 2022 5:42 PM

Mar 2019
Every time Haruno appears, I already know there will be something confusing since she always says everything in a roundabout way, but I guess she opened more now with that ending when telling Hachiman how she questions if there even exists something genuine. I knew Yukino's mother accepted it too well and ouch that scene between Hachiman and Yukino :'( , I wonder if that was Hachiman finally letting Yukino free, by releasing her grip finger by finger.

I just hope all 3 can go back to the good and funny days and just like Iroha said, the student council might be the best option.

YESSS, more Shizuka and Hachiman, just what I want!! You could say that Haruno and Shizuka are opposite in terms of viewing the world and everyone around, but they get along just fine.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 31, 2022 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm in this episode I noticed that I like the Hachiman from the first two season definitely a bit more. Though that might be because he had stuff to solve then and time to shine. Now it's mostly about relationship stuff which he kinda sucks at, so he always looks a bit like a fool.
Nov 10, 2022 2:54 PM

Nov 2018
I remembered once again how much I like Hachiman! There are a couple of moments in this episode that highlight those particularities I love most about him:

I would have a few things to say about what happens between him and the girls as well, but I think it is too soon. So I will wait a bit more.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Apr 21, 2023 2:15 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I just want to know why Haruno is so invested in Hachiman's life. Is it because she sees herself in him? Does she see his involvement with her younger sister, and just wants them to be fully transparent with each other, something that she wanted for herself when she was younger? Is she just bored and is there to speak the audience's mind in asking for a more definite ending? 

Yukino was about to be the first one to be truly genuine, but Hachiman, out of fear or wanting to protect what they had or whatever it was, ran from it. He goes to confront Haruno, who tells him to stop being fake asf. Sensei comes along later and gives some words of comfort, removing some of the doubt from Hachiman's mind.

Now in the preview for the next episode, there is a bridge scene. No spoilers, but I think it was done pretty well. However it seems that there has been quite a lot of cut content especially in the form of Yukino's monologues (which, like, have we gotten ANY of those in  this anime yet??), taking away from the build up to the climax. I will say as an anime-only, that it feels like it doesn't matter TOO much. It personally doesn't feel like anything important is missing. Elements that would have elevate it all may have been missing sure, but nothing that takes away from the foundation. I read the classroom of the elite light novels, and THAT is much more of a case where there is so much cut content in the anime that it almost doesn't even feel the same as the light novel. Here, speaking for myself, it feels aight. 

Anyway, as much as I don't understand Haruno and what's going on her mind, I must say: yeah I agree. Hachiman needs to stop running and get his sh*t together.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Dec 21, 2023 12:31 PM

Sep 2017
Thank god there is at least one sensible character in the teacher to dispute all the putrid garbage that miserable bitch is constantly spewing.
Jun 6, 7:35 AM
Apr 2018
Finally something to write about. Yukino being forthcoming with her mother was tense, but apparently it works out (or does it?). And I think this is the first time in the entire series I've seen Haruno so expressive about her emotions. All this talk about satisfying... Hopefully the last 2 episodes will give a satisfying resolution.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » to end the debate

Ghost_Davo - Sep 25

26 by KuroNoLace »»
Sep 28, 11:53 AM

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

8 by Merrycreeef346 »»
Sep 24, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

216 by Gerbian »»
Sep 1, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

284 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.