Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2020 2:27 PM
Jun 2015
Man this show could make a good Halo Meme. Betrayal! Betrayed. Other than that, it's still shit.
Jun 17, 2020 2:37 PM

Jul 2017
But why?!
Even if she didn't like Bam, he still could've been her free ticket up the tower
Jun 17, 2020 2:38 PM

Jan 2019
Horrible cliffhanger. I've known most anime to have episode endings with curiosity peaking expected continuations not high shock value.
Jun 17, 2020 2:44 PM
Jan 2017
Tower of God reaches the endgame with yet another fantastic episode! Yuri enters the battlefield and proves she's a real badass, while Bam demonstrates how far he has come in his training. Unfortunately, the test comes to an end nobody expected. Just when things are finally looking up for Bam, something happens and yanks the happy ending away from him. Just one more episode left and this show will end. I'll be sad to see Tower of God go, so I hope it delivers a satisfying conclusion.
Jun 17, 2020 2:47 PM
Jan 2016
Valval0 said:
But why?!
Even if she didn't like Bam, he still could've been her free ticket up the tower

It was never solely about reaching the top of the tower, she just felt jealous of the attention he garnered and the friends he gained, it was shown ambiguosly a few ep's back. She's just a selfish and petty person plain and simple.

breaker_notJun 17, 2020 2:52 PM
Jun 17, 2020 2:54 PM
Aug 2008
Great episode with humor, action and betrayal. I'm going to be really disappointed if Rachel's motivation is the old trope, "I hurt and betray you because I'm trying to protect you"
Jun 17, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2015
Cyan_28 said:
As a webtoon reader, I thought that episode was amazing! Even though I knew what was coming, I was left at the edge of my seat and that combined with the amazing soundtrack. Oh my god. I loved that.

This, 100% this. I knew it was coming, music in the background i wondered: is it next week? But no.

The way it went, it did give me some slight emotion. Well done!
Jun 17, 2020 3:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kinda predictable twist since manga readers were already saying ''haha fuck Rachel amirite guys'' before the anime even started, it was just a question of when something like that would happen. It would've been a cooler plot twist if I didn't get spoiled the fact that Rachel is a bitch before the anime even started.

Anyway, another week another 'meh' episode thats just entertaining enough to keep going
DatRandomDudeJun 17, 2020 3:22 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 17, 2020 3:22 PM

Mar 2010
The ending was actually funny asf. Simps should be pushed out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 17, 2020 3:22 PM

Aug 2019
DatRandomDude said:
Kinda predictable twist since manga readers were already saying ''haha fuck Rachel amirite guys'' before the anime even started, it was just a question of when something like that would happen

But still I don’t think that’s enough reason for someone to hate Rachel
Jun 17, 2020 3:30 PM

Jun 2015
Awesome episode again. And can I just say, this is exactly why you cant trust women. They just going to break your heart every time.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 17, 2020 3:38 PM
Sep 2014
Jdr1 said:
Soooo, for a non-reader... all that hate for Rachel was because of this little push everyone knows will do nothing to the MC? Ah, give me a break.

do nothing to the MC ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 17, 2020 3:40 PM
Dec 2019
This girl betrayed our boy again!!!!
Jun 17, 2020 3:52 PM
Aug 2018
Hmmm. kinda saw this coming because of all the "Rachael is a bitch" comments.

Why did Yuri save Anaak and Endorsi though? Is it because she found them "cute"? Lol.
Will this be covered in future? Isn't she betraying King Jahad? Because Anaak wasn't supposed to be born if they go by Jahad's wishes.

Bam managed to defeat the Bull?? Even Endorsi couldn't defeat that thing. It was mentioned that even rankers try to avoid the Bull. Bam so OP because he's an irregular? If so then even Rachael should've been OP.

And seeing those test directors manipulating and cheating in their own tests, don't the rules of the tower prevent it? And first of all why are they even handling these tests? That big snake guy (floor 2 admin) should've been the one handling it since it was "his" test? What was even the need to ask for his permission then? These rankers are easily manipulating and messing with everything. Makes me question the tower rules.
Jun 17, 2020 3:57 PM

Feb 2020
Honestly I didn't really know what to think of Rachel up until now.
Now there's not a doubt in my mind that I fucking hate her.
I entirely don't care what her reason for doing this might be. Even if she came apologizing with a noble reasoning. I don't DUCKING care dude.
She needs to fucking stop.
Doesn't she see she's everything to him?
I don't know man
Also ducking cliffhanger
This episode honestly left me thinking

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jun 17, 2020 4:07 PM
Jun 2020
I_am_fujoshi said:
DatRandomDude said:
Kinda predictable twist since manga readers were already saying ''haha fuck Rachel amirite guys'' before the anime even started, it was just a question of when something like that would happen

Hey Bro! Do u want some spoilers? I would love yo give you
Jun 17, 2020 4:10 PM

Oct 2015
Hahaha some anime only defending Rachel action lol like literally wtf , even said is Bam mistake .
Jun 17, 2020 4:13 PM
Apr 2020
Prog_upworks13 said:
Hahaha some anime only defending Rachel action lol like literally wtf , even said is Bam mistake .

Well tbf Bams probably a much more shallow character in the anime, so the anime onlies who just end up hating Bam really don't have much of a reason to hate Rachel.
Jun 17, 2020 4:16 PM
Feb 2019
Yep. This was intense.
A bit predictable, but it was good to see Anaak and Androssi team up to fight Ren, though it wasn't too much of a problem for him to overpower them anyway, good thing that, for the sake of the princesses, her Nee-san sister arrived at the right second; honestly, mostly due to the fact that I already knew that Yuri would get the Green April thanks to a spoiler, I was expecting a different outcome of this, in order to see that violent and chaoctic nature of her Androssi talked about, but she (well, her companion) beating Ren was a good outcome too. Khun's plan, albeit Paracule almost ruining it, proved to be a clever way to get their objective, using one threat to eliminate another was an effective way to clean the obstacles out of their path, Paracule, Rak and Lauroe were hilarious in this part; the mysterious guy who appeared after their part of the test was intriguing, he seems to be related to the Khun family, and he tries to use that against Khun, good that Hatz and Lauroe stopped him from going forward from there, now I wonder who he really is.
In the technical side, this episode was a step forward: the directing was pretty good this episode, voice acting great as usual, the animation was better than some of the last episodes, which is the expected as this is practically the finale, the colour palette, though basically the same of the last episode, was really good, those green-ish tones gave it some eerie feeling, while the blue-ish ones were more pretty and relaxing just for that to happen, and Kevin Penkin killed it this episode, some new tracks altogether with the presented ones to set the atmosphere perfectly for this episode.
And finally, the thing everyone has been spoiling speaking about for like four months, that moment that changes everything: Rachel's betrayal. Yeah, the fact of already knowing what happens cuts away some of the shock factor, but it was a surprising moment nonetheless, it was good to see how, especially in these last episodes, Bam and Rachel's relationship was more explored, built through some layers to see this savior alike relation, just for this happen; it hits hard honestly, it makes sense to me seeing the build up, but I wonder what truly led to this actually I don't, because, guess what, I've also got spoiled about it, though I still wanna see how that will translate to the series; the fade out to the ending theme was excellent, definitely the best cliffhanger, and also the best episode, of the series so far. Poor Bam.
mafd12Jun 17, 2020 4:22 PM
Jun 17, 2020 4:24 PM
Nov 2019
Best girl Yuri saving worst girl Endorsi :c

I got so many spoilers about Rachel that i lost all the hype, Rachel is still one of my favorite characters thanks to the Webtoon readers ruining my experience :/
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jun 17, 2020 4:25 PM

Mar 2017
Haven't read the webtoon so i didn't know this was coming.

Holy shit Rachel is absolute garbage lol.
Jun 17, 2020 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
Bitch!!

But for real, I did not expect that. My heart was so heavy for Bam.

Can't wait for the next ep!
Jun 17, 2020 4:31 PM

Jul 2019
amusing lol

I forgot like half the events that happened in s1 of the webtoons but then I noticed after this episode that it's already done with s1 of the webtoons

which is why im hyped beyond words for s2 where things really pick up

𝘚𝘰, 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨
Jun 17, 2020 4:37 PM

Feb 2020
there's gotta be multiple seasons because this is not enough.

should I read the manwha?

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jun 17, 2020 4:38 PM

Feb 2018
That rice assasin died like a mosquito it was pretty satisfying tbh. And Bam...please don't speak if you don't have an interesting thing to say.
Tower,climbing,protecting,rachel,tower,protecting,climbing,rachel,protecting,tower,rachel...you get the idea.Side characters are definitly more interesting then him. At least they can speak something else whenever they want to talk! And I finally realized that it's also because of Bam's VA. His voice is too soft, calm, positive and weak. Because of that emotions through his voice is not reaching to me, it's too shallow and monotone.
Jun 17, 2020 4:38 PM

Aug 2019
Dann27 said:
I_am_fujoshi said:

Nah thanks, I will read the Manhwa and see it myself
Jun 17, 2020 4:45 PM
Jun 2020
Amazing soundtrack! Slump really matched up with Baam falling!
Yes Rachel this is why your in my top 5 favorite characters
Jun 17, 2020 4:53 PM
Jun 2020
I_am_fujoshi said:
Dann27 said:

Nah thanks, I will read the Manhwa and see it myself
ryry10112 said:
there's gotta be multiple seasons because this is not enough.

should I read the manwha?
hoho nice decision, you will end up to know how fucked rachel is. Enjoy your manhwa then.
Jun 17, 2020 4:53 PM
Sep 2008
They changed like a few subtle things, but I really liked this adaptation. This is only half of why I hate Rachel.
Jun 17, 2020 4:56 PM
Sep 2008
Fushi101 said:
There is definitely more reasons why Rachel is hated other than the push , there has to be. Also a pretty shocking ending everything was going smoothly according to plan and rachel decides its a good idea to push the one trying to help her like come on !!
This is the best episode so far hands down

literally just the beginning of how horrible she is
Jun 17, 2020 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
I was going to talk about the episode but forget that...that ending!!! I doubt that it was Rachel who did that, it was probably the blonde guy who possesses the powers that could control Rachel, because his face at that moment was wayyyyy to fishy.

The ED was the best one, the picture of Bam falling and that song...
Now i do wonder what will happen to Bam, will they allow him to die? Or he will find a way himself? I can't believe that there is only one episode left...
Announce S2 pleaseeeeee!

Finally, after 11 episodes the Jahad Princess arrived at the location of her sword xD
I guess the fight could have been better, because all she was doing was basically showing off, so much that it had to be a different person to kill him, nonetheless a great fight.

But i hope this is the time that Bam will finally grow!

One more!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 17, 2020 5:03 PM

Oct 2015
CodyII said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

Well tbf Bams probably a much more shallow character in the anime, so the anime onlies who just end up hating Bam really don't have much of a reason to hate Rachel.

I didn't said is anime only mistake. I just found it funny.
Jun 17, 2020 5:04 PM
Sep 2008
Heger said:
That rice assasin died like a mosquito it was pretty satisfying tbh. And Bam...please don't speak if you don't have an interesting thing to say.
Tower,climbing,protecting,rachel,tower,protecting,climbing,rachel,protecting,tower,rachel...you get the idea.Side characters are definitly more interesting then him. At least they can speak something else whenever they want to talk! And I finally realized that it's also because of Bam's VA. His voice is too soft, calm, positive and weak. Because of that emotions through his voice is not reaching to me, it's too shallow and monotone.

Jun 17, 2020 5:12 PM
Sep 2008
AnimeNerd99 said:
Felt like we saw several episodes in one here.

they cut out a bit to get both the yuri beatdown and push in the same episode, so in that sense yeah...

we only have 5 more chapters of season 1 of the manhwa
Jun 17, 2020 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
Wow a lot happened this episode: nakama power, jojo reference, Yuri coming in hard with those flexes, the Khuns, Bam unleashing his power, and Rachel whatchu thinking??
Jun 17, 2020 5:40 PM
May 2020
swordmaster2551 said:
Fushi101 said:
There is definitely more reasons why Rachel is hated other than the push , there has to be. Also a pretty shocking ending everything was going smoothly according to plan and rachel decides its a good idea to push the one trying to help her like come on !!
This is the best episode so far hands down

literally just the beginning of how horrible she is

Ohh boy looks like im about to hate her more than suzaku from code geass
Jun 17, 2020 5:47 PM

May 2014
Why would I hate the character who is relatively interesting? Not every character in the story needs to be a perfect friendship machine, nor should they be. Being morally good and being well-written are completely different things.
Jun 17, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2015
Quite predictable scenario. I hated Rachel since episode1, now I finally know why. Hopefully the story will finally pick up
Jun 17, 2020 5:56 PM

Dec 2019
Always a good episode when both best girls Hwa Ryun and Yuri make an appearance.
Here we go again...
Jun 17, 2020 6:12 PM
Jul 2014
I was already spoiled early on. With how many people saying fuck Rachel, or I hope she dies, etc, in the comments of earlier episodes, how could I not be? It's easy for me to piece things together. And this one was very blatant. I didn't feel anything in that scene. I don't get why certain webtoons readers have to spoil these things, thinking it'll make other people feel the same way.
Jun 17, 2020 6:20 PM

Aug 2017
Wtf Rachel, noooo Bam! Im glad that Yuri Jahad was there to save Endorsi and Anak.

Pretty good episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 17, 2020 6:32 PM

Dec 2016
I'm reading up to the latest chapter in TOG. So much has been going on that I even forgot why I hated Rachel in the first place. Now I have to thank the anime for reminding me!
Jun 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Dec 2013
Before I came here I thought this episode was going to be the last of this season so I was pretty mad when the episode ended on a cliffhanger lol

Yuri is so ridiculously strong compared to the main cast it's scary.

Baam defeating the bull really reminded me of the first episode.

I honestly didn't see this betrayal coming. Especially with how she was suddenly able to stand again. I didn't think she was going to be permanently disabled but I didn't think she would suddenly stand like that.

RIP Baam? I don't actually think he's dead but I don't know how he'll survive.
Jun 17, 2020 6:45 PM
Jan 2020
Bam was already betrayed once by Rachel , he forgave her and then did it again! XD
I actually thought she'd be more nicer. But guess not. I wondered what Rachel's intentions were. It's probably a selfish intention or maybe.. the opposite though.
Jun 17, 2020 7:02 PM

Oct 2018
This anime is one of the worst things I've ever watched,
Am I retarded for watching this show because I find Endorsi and Yuri extremely hot?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 17, 2020 7:03 PM
Sep 2014
Jdr1 said:
Soooo, for a non-reader... all that hate for Rachel was because of this little push everyone knows will do nothing to the MC? Ah, give me a break.

Little push? HAHAHAHA. Wait for the last episode. It will be explained and u'll just say "ahh everything makes sense now". Dont be so surprised, okay? ;)
Jun 17, 2020 7:06 PM
Jan 2020
Seriously, wtf is wrong with Rachel. I'm glad that at least the princesses could put their differences aside and be friends.
Jun 17, 2020 7:11 PM
Apr 2020
AivanK said:
I was going to talk about the episode but forget that...that ending!!! I doubt that it was Rachel who did that, it was probably the blonde guy who possesses the powers that could control Rachel, because his face at that moment was wayyyyy to fishy.

The ED was the best one, the picture of Bam falling and that song...
Now i do wonder what will happen to Bam, will they allow him to die? Or he will find a way himself? I can't believe that there is only one episode left...
Announce S2 pleaseeeeee!

Finally, after 11 episodes the Jahad Princess arrived at the location of her sword xD
I guess the fight could have been better, because all she was doing was basically showing off, so much that it had to be a different person to kill him, nonetheless a great fight.

But i hope this is the time that Bam will finally grow!

One more!

No she did it all by herself why? Maybe we will find out in next episode :(
Jun 17, 2020 7:11 PM
Sep 2008
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Why would I hate the character who is relatively interesting? Not every character in the story needs to be a perfect friendship machine, nor should they be. Being morally good and being well-written are completely different things.

you hate khun and rak? oof
Jun 17, 2020 7:12 PM

Apr 2009
...and this is why we hate Rachel backwards, forwards, left, right, up, down, top, bottom, middle! See you later Baam, JVG you're up.

Anyway, Yuri-nee giving a very light smakdown to one of her "Father's" enforcers to defend her imoutos.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

463 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marinate1016 - May 6, 2020

312 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 25, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

593 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 22, 6:01 PM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

19 by gmfddatsh »»
Jun 22, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.