Forum Settings
Forums

MAPPA Produces Final 'Shingeki no Kyojin' Anime Season, Compilation Film Announced

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 29, 2020 9:17 AM

Nov 2018
The art and the animation looks awesome! But i still preferred S1 style done by wit studios tbh. But hey, at least it'll be not like OPM S2 so to those who are upset, just calm the fuck down.
May 29, 2020 9:20 AM

Jan 2009
JR9253 said:
deg said:

if by edited you mean they added a bunch of sakuga scenes that will be reuse later on to the actual TV series then no its actually a PV like that Ironman Madhouse PV one

the PV even has its own director and storyboards posted on the first post here

>PV Director, Storyboard: Shuuhei Yabuta (Vinland Saga)

So realistically we have no idea how it'll look then? Ugh.

probably the character designs and digital coloring/effects (director of photography related) will still be the same or close to being the same as in that PV

i was mainly pointing out that the sakuga parts might not be use at all again just because of the nature of pre-animated or pre-made PV

sorry for the late reply on this, it got lost on my notifications earlier
May 29, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2016
honestly i don't like new character designs . Mikasa, Eren, levy and others looks awful for me
May 29, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2018
Sandymikoto said:
From an outstanding 2d animation in 2013 to a totally garbage CGI shit in 2020.. and that too from one of the studios I respected so much ...Sigh.. I've lost all hope .. its time to end my anime life ..
*Taking refuge in Korean manhwa
why? It looked amazing to me though.
May 29, 2020 9:40 AM
May 2020
All of us don't change the original soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano
May 29, 2020 9:41 AM

May 2019
Guys I am really scared.Its not that the artstyle is bad.It's just that Wit Studio has done such a incredible job on this show and after the last season I couldn't bear to see any other art style.While I like the animation in the key visual,the character arts are scaring me.Wit artsyle has a bit of manliness and boldness in it.Here the characters felt weaker.I am just praying we do not have to see another OP Man S2
May 29, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
PotatoWedge said:
MAPPA isn’t a bad studio but it worries me that this season is gonna dip in quality due to mappa working on so many projects at once. FFS why couldn’t we have just had Wit again

It's a completely different staff for mappa working on that jump series that will air in fall, high school of the God is also completed since February.
May 29, 2020 9:43 AM

Jan 2016
sad to see Wit Studio going, but hopefully MAPPA manages to keep up the godly animation quality of Wit Studio.
May 29, 2020 9:45 AM
Apr 2019
Imma dead! Please, someone talk to me! Is there hope? Can I trust MAPPA with the finale? My hands are shaking while typing this!
May 29, 2020 9:52 AM
Oct 2017
I loved the trailer.

Characters look the same as their manga counterpart
May 29, 2020 10:08 AM

Dec 2016
Ok, It's the end for me. Levi's face completely sucks.
May 29, 2020 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
PotatoWedge said:
MAPPA isn’t a bad studio but it worries me that this season is gonna dip in quality due to mappa working on so many projects at once. FFS why couldn’t we have just had Wit again

It's a completely different staff for mappa working on that jump series that will air in fall, high school of the God is also completed since February.

Bruh who told you GOHS has been completed since February? That was Tower of God. Gohs production hasn't wrapped up but it's very close to wrapping up. Different staffs sure but Mappa doesn't have unlimited manpower. Yasuke, Jujutsu Kaisen and AoT Final season. One of these shows will get the shorter end of the stick. We'll just have to wait and see which one though.
May 29, 2020 10:17 AM

May 2014
deg said:

this is the biggest surprise here since that means the PV will not look like the final TV series remember this Ironman Madhouse PV? ye the actual TV series does not look anything like that

Just to be clear, all, and I mean ALL of SnK’s trailer of older seasons were also pre-animated, it doesn’t mean the quality will be bad.
May 29, 2020 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
braquiador said:
deg said:

this is the biggest surprise here since that means the PV will not look like the final TV series remember this Ironman Madhouse PV? ye the actual TV series does not look anything like that

Just to be clear, all, and I mean ALL of SnK’s trailer of older seasons were also pre-animated, it doesn’t mean the quality will be bad.

ye i heard of that although usually pre-made or pre-animated PV do not look like the actual TV show

and do you know if the previous seasons pre-made PV has its own director and storyboards too like a little anime production on its own?
May 29, 2020 10:21 AM

May 2014
deg said:
braquiador said:

ye i heard of that although usually pre-made or pre-animated PV do not look like the actual TV show

and do you know if the previous seasons pre-made PV has its own director and storyboards too like a little anime production on its own?

They usually do have their own director. But even then, most of what is in those trailers ends up being used.
May 29, 2020 10:21 AM
Mar 2018
Irritates said:
I loved the trailer.

Characters look the same as their manga counterpart

Exactly, I read some comments here that they would not watch cuz the character designs are bad lol is that even a good reason to not see the final season of an anime you love?

Also looks like half the people like it and half the people don't, personally I'm the former.
May 29, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2014
JR9253 said:
It looks...so different. I feel like the character designs missed the mark a little? I dunno it's hard to say, it just looks so different so it might take a day or so for it to sink in a little. It's just not WIT...and I guess that's okay, though I definitely would've preferred it to be, as I'm sure everyone else does.

Though that trailer was amazingly edited together - I just hope that they pull through.

IMO they just resemble the characters design in the manga from the last few chapters. Not inherently better or worse, just different.
May 29, 2020 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
braquiador said:
deg said:

They usually do have their own director. But even then, most of what is in those trailers ends up being used.

i do not know if there is even like at least a 3-4 second sakuga cut there that can be reuse or recycled on the actual TV show though i have to watch the trailer again since i remember most sakuga cuts have like an abrupt end
May 29, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2014
Theo1899 said:
Pakumen- said:
-finally, we get rid of the shitty cg.

I see CG in all the places I would expect it from the previous seasons

I think he isn’t implying there won’t be CGI, but that the CGI from older seasons was really lacking, but the one shown here is pretty decent.

Also, it’s the same director as Dorohedoro, so any CGI-related scenes are in good ahands.
May 29, 2020 10:28 AM

May 2014
PotatoWedge said:
MAPPA isn’t a bad studio but it worries me thst this season is gonna dip in quality due to mappa working on so many projects at once. FFS why couldn’t we have just had Wit again

As far as we know: Dorohedoro already finished and it seems basically most of the staff moved to AOT, GoH was finished back in february, so the staff is also free to work on AOT or any other MAPPA project (most likely JJK), Jujutsu Kaisen has completely different staff, so it shouldn't affect AOT, and finally, it seems like S4 has been delayed to 2021.
May 29, 2020 10:30 AM

May 2014
aisakafuyumi said:
I love MAPPA but I really wonder if their style will suit SnK? Just looking at the preview, it looks great, but it lacks the crispness that WIT Studio has.
Oh well, I guess we'll see.

I actually really like how it looks, probably because the composition director is the same as Mob Psycho II, which probably has my favourite composition of any anime ever.
May 29, 2020 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Z4K said:
keragamming said:

Bruh who told you GOHS has been completed since February? That was Tower of God. Gohs production hasn't wrapped up but it's very close to wrapping up. Different staffs sure but Mappa doesn't have unlimited manpower. Yasuke, Jujutsu Kaisen and AoT Final season. One of these shows will get the shorter end of the stick. We'll just have to wait and see which one though.

Fair enough that is what I have been hearing so it could be false, the point though is that the same team isn't working on both series. I see why persons are skeptic here with a new studio etc but I'm going to be optimistic and the trailer even though is pre animated give me hope that this has a chance being a good adaptation.

But I see some persons be like "oh no studio change Aot season is dead" without giving it a fear chance, like if you are a fan of the series you should hope for the best or atleast be optimistic, calling doomsday on your favorite anime before the first episode has even aired is not the way too do it, you can be worried but persons should also be hopeful.
May 29, 2020 10:32 AM

May 2014
JR9253 said:
deg said:

if by edited you mean they added a bunch of sakuga scenes that will be reuse later on to the actual TV series then no its actually a PV like that Ironman Madhouse PV one

the PV even has its own director and storyboards posted on the first post here

We do have an idea, as every older SnK also had pre-animated PVs and the final product ended up looking pretty similar.
May 29, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2014
TheFirmSword said:
Well by the trailer I assume they somehow will fuck the forest scene

How? The only thing that looked off there was Levi’s face, the other few seconds we saw were pretty well made.
May 29, 2020 10:37 AM

May 2014
Lordbadface said:
The fault is of the anime production committe,not of the any of the studios to change the way to handle anime productions.
The committe is the one with all the desicions to give all the work to different studios.
Like what happened with Madhouse and J.C Staff to take care of One Punch Man season 2.
The anime production did'nt care to give Madhouse a year to prepare with all the team that make the first season and give that to J.C staff.And alot of stuff of the money shot animation that was made in the first season of OPM was outsorced to other studios,no only Madhouse.And besides all that you call 'sakuga' animation,is only the tecnique of the money shot that gives the best animation by only a little while in the anime.
All that information and more i get for a spanish speaking channel call "Animacion Arteasanal" that talk's about animation and all the styles beyond Disney,anime and other stuff.I am only recommend to watch if somedy here know spanish.
Thank you.That's all. I give Mappa the final judgement when the anime premieres next year.

This is the right answer, we shouldn’t pre-judge a show before it airs.
Aug 2018
braquiador said:
PotatoWedge said:
MAPPA isn’t a bad studio but it worries me thst this season is gonna dip in quality due to mappa working on so many projects at once. FFS why couldn’t we have just had Wit again

As far as we know: Dorohedoro already finished and it seems basically most of the staff moved to AOT, GoH was finished back in february, so the staff is also free to work on AOT or any other MAPPA project (most likely JJK), Jujutsu Kaisen has completely different staff, so it shouldn't affect AOT, and finally, it seems like S4 has been delayed to 2021.
Ah i see, I still have my doubts but MAPPA for the most part seems to be pretty consistent with their quality and the character designs seem more true to the manga. If MAPPA can manage to make GoH, S4 and Jujutsu all proper good shows I think/hope they can garner some newfound respect in the industry!

May 2014
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Pakumen- said:

That´s why I said "Shitty". Wit is very bad in the cg department, Mappa is not.

Have you seen Inuyashiki and Zombieland Saga? lol

Inuyashiki and Dorohedoro, two MAPAs shows, have absolutely nice CGI.
May 29, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2014
MrAwesome2018 said:
Ok, now i'm slightly worried.

You shouldn’t be based on what we’ve seen so far.
May 29, 2020 10:42 AM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
Z4K said:

Fair enough that is what I have been hearing so it could be false, the point though is that the same team isn't working on both series. I see why persons are skeptic here with a new studio etc but I'm going to be optimistic and the trailer even though is pre animated give me hope that this has a chance being a good adaptation.

But I see some persons be like "oh no studio change Aot season is dead" without giving it a fear chance, like if you are a fan of the series you should hope for the best or atleast be optimistic, calling doomsday on your favorite anime before the first episode has even aired is not the way too do it, you can be worried but persons should also be hopeful.

AoT is an ambitious project for any studio. It's understandable why people would be concerned or nervous since this time an unexperienced staff is handling the final season.
braquiador said:
JR9253 said:

We do have an idea, as every older SnK also had pre-animated PVs and the final product ended up looking pretty similar.

Tbf those preanimated PVs like the one in season 2 were storyboarded by Imai who was part of the team since s1. Yabuta was CG director in s1 but we don't know if he's involved in the new TV series. The PV they've shown is his vision not the new director's. For all we know, the actual TV anime could look drastically different like what happened in Dororo or just like the PV.
May 29, 2020 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
@Z4K

are you the same guy on the sakuga community or /r/NarutoSakuga discord server?
May 29, 2020 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
deg said:
@Z4K

Yes. Do I know you?
May 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
Z4K said:
deg said:
@Z4K

Yes. Do I know you?

oh ok nice one and nah im just a lurker there sometimes like really sometimes since i rarely use discord
May 29, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2020
I'm really excited for the new season. Hopefully MAPPA bring their A game, because i know for a fact Wit's animation was fire.

Ryu_AceMay 29, 2020 11:03 AM
May 29, 2020 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
braquiador said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Moreover, Inuyashiki's director is the person who storyboarded the PV.
May 29, 2020 11:04 AM

May 2014
Zexus95 said:
braquiador said:

Moreover, Inuyashiki's director is the person who storyboarded the PV.

And Dorohedoro director is S4 director.
May 29, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2009
Ryu_Ace said:
I'm really excited for the new season. Hopefully MAPPA bring their A game, because i know for a fact Wit's animation was fire.

that was done by Arifumi Imai and a lot of sakuga of previous seasons are done by him too

but he is no longer listed as main action animator in this final season heck there is no main action animator info provided by this news too

and before someone says Imai is a freelancer so he can join later "yes he can" - Obama but it will only be few sakuga scenes at most since he is not the main action animator anymore or not listed as such here
May 29, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2014
Z4K said:
keragamming said:

AoT is an ambitious project for any studio. It's understandable why people would be concerned or nervous since this time an unexperienced staff is handling the final season.
braquiador said:

Tbf those preanimated PVs like the one in season 2 were storyboarded by Imai who was part of the team since s1. Yabuta was CG director in s1 but we don't know if he's involved in the new TV series. The PV they've shown is his vision not the new director's. For all we know, the actual TV anime could look drastically different like what happened in Dororo or just like the PV.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he is involved. He already worked with MAPPA on Inuyashiki, and now is working with WIT on the recently finished Vinland (and hopefully a future S2), and, based on the comments from WIT workers, they are working closely to deliver S4, so maybe Yabuta may be the CGI director, which he has been on some other projects.
May 29, 2020 11:10 AM
Feb 2018
I HAVENT BEEN THIS HYPED IN A LONG TIME UUUUUUU
May 29, 2020 11:11 AM
Oct 2017
MAPPA studios have great animators and directors.

The quality of the show will depend on how much the production comitte (Kodancha, Port IG) is willing to invest in Season 4 (budget, time)

I hope Kodancha doesn't rush their biggest gem on it's grand finale, that would be a stupid decision. Give MAPPA enough resources and they will deliver a good adaptation.
May 29, 2020 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
@braquiador

this is already provided news on the first post
CG Director: Takahiro Uezuno (Death Billiards)
May 29, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Haven't felt so hyped for an anime in a VERY long time but watching this PV fully awakened the latent fangirl in me. Shingeki no Kyojin, I love you <3

I still wish WIT were still in charge, though. The trailer looks amazing, but I admit I'm not very optimistic about the studio change. However, I'm grateful that one of my favorite series is going to be fully adapted.

Thank god Hiroyuki Sawano is still in charge of the music. Bomb OST incoming!
May 29, 2020 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
amazing pv like always , i hope MAPPA don't disappoint

it's sad this gonna be the last season T_T

May 29, 2020 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
Man I'm hype.. can't wait to watch this
May 29, 2020 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Question for people familiar with MAPPA's work. Is there a chance this will become a Berserk?
They arent without their wonky parts here and there, but when they are good they are super fucking good and have great animation.
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/69870

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 29, 2020 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
the only mappa shows I've seen were dororo and inuyashiki
if I go by these 2, at least animation-wise, this is a problem
May 29, 2020 12:56 PM
Feb 2015
Ohh maaan... What a cast... Thank God they at least keep Sawano and voice staff, it could be worse if they doesnt (I consider that almost all the money went to pay for their labor). Anyway, I am glad that the series will finally over.
The anime industry is already going through hard times, and the current crisis due to the pandemic will finally finish it.
"Japanese anime is fading away." (с) Hideaki Anno, 2015
VerthandiMay 29, 2020 1:07 PM
May 29, 2020 12:59 PM

Oct 2015
I remember going to crunchyroll expo I believe in 2018 and watching a panel with someone from WIT. He made a joke saying how difficult it was to animate action shows, and wants to give all of them to Mappa instead. I wonder if he knew even then. Just a weird little coincidence
May 29, 2020 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Very excited about this and it makes me actually want to rewatch the whole series again (since I wasn't fond of it when I watched it for the first time).

Hopefully Mappa doesn't pull out a Seven Deadly Sins Season 3 on this.

Also, wtf happened to Mikasa and Armin? I know they've gone through some shit but still...

Also Erens pretty damn hot just sayin...
But Armin's still best boi to me...
May 29, 2020 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
anthony6425 said:
I remember going to crunchyroll expo I believe in 2018 and watching a panel with someone from WIT. He made a joke saying how difficult it was to animate action shows, and wants to give all of them to Mappa instead. I wonder if he knew even then. Just a weird little coincidence

im sure that is intentional for him to say that lol since pre-production of anime is usually done 2 years ahead of the actual year of the anime release anyway
May 29, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2015
braquiador said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I don't agree with that whatsoever, but you do you man.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Bad Girl' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

17 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» 'Botsuraku Yotei no Kizoku dakedo, Hima Datta kara Mahou wo Kiwametemita' Reveals Main Cast, Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

1 by IzayoiSk »»
4 hours ago

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' Reveals Additional Staff, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

11 by zero-r »»
4 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 8

5 by Gar_Logan »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Season 2 Announced for 2025

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

6 by Softhenic03 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.