Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 26, 2020 3:55 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was rather tedious to watch. I couldn't care less about this little overly emotional shit with a fucking safety-pin in his ear. If anything, knowing that his whole character revolves around inferiority complex in regard to his brother makes him even more unlikable. His relationship with Shinako is also pretty disturbing. Isn't she old enough to be his teacher?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 26, 2020 5:20 AM
Sep 2019
Bruh am i the only one who hate shinako so much, also why the f she's become the most favorite heroine on this series... she's just dumped every man who love's her for a dead man, jesus christ
Apr 26, 2020 5:21 AM

Mar 2008
ToraiS said:
Even though I really like this show, I must admit, the first half of the episode was really weak when compared to the three before it, direction-wise. I can see why people would say that this episode sucks; it's jarring because at the start, we're thrust into Ryo's perspective, a person who had very minimal screen time but is now put into the "important character" pedestal. Not only that, Ryo "confessed" to Shinako so early in this episode, where in parallel, Rikuo spent most of episode one sorting his own feelings before being rejected.

I don't understand what people don't understand here.
See.
We had 4 episodes.
We have 4 main characters.
Sooo... 1 episode per character for introduction?

First episode was from Rikuo POV, second episode was from Shinako POV, third episode was from Haru POV, forth episode was from Rou POV.
Looks just like we where at the introductions.
But I may be wrong.
Apr 26, 2020 5:26 AM
Jan 2015
GurenNoOu said:
Bruh am i the only one who hate shinako so much, also why the f she's become the most favorite heroine on this series... she's just dump every man who love's her and still choosing a dead man, jesus christ

I guess people empathize with her. I think she is of the type that not expect a lot out of life and once she lost her happiness, it hard to start finding another one.
Apr 26, 2020 6:08 AM
Apr 2012
SkiEies said:
GurenNoOu said:
Bruh am i the only one who hate shinako so much, also why the f she's become the most favorite heroine on this series... she's just dump every man who love's her and still choosing a dead man, jesus christ

I guess people empathize with her. I think she is of the type that not expect a lot out of life and once she lost her happiness, it hard to start finding another one.

Just read all the comments here, not a lot of people like her. Also I do not like her. I assume at some point she was pretty chill in college with Rikuo since they were "Always together".

But holy smokes everyone reminds her of Rou's brother, that's just ridiculous. I get why she compares Rou to his brother, that's their only connection, they have no similarities at all. Now thinking about it, Shinako will have trouble in any relationship right now because she lacks personality. Everyone has more chemistry than her with anyone.

Also why does he have a safety pin in his ear?

I actually empathize with everyone but Shirako, her story is the least enjoyable for me to watch. Her only troubles is that she refuses to look forward, but it's a bit weird, isn't it? I'd argue everyone in this series is trying to figure out their future, then Shirako rolls in and till this moment has progressed her life very well. I just think it would have made more sense if she wasn't only romantically stuck while the rest of her life moves on.
HeartyaceApr 26, 2020 6:15 AM
Apr 26, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2019
Mrzeno817 said:
Clubby said:
Wow. What an episode. Seeing Shinako reminisce on Yuu's belongings genuinely made me tear up, and i'm starting to ship Shinako x Rou more than Shinako x rikuo tbh...
An amazing episode overall, can't wait for next week to be here!

Makes no sense why you would ship Rou and Shinako literally she’s still thinking of his older brother comparing eachother thinking of him 24/7 would really make no sense even if she moves on it would just be strange just to see her look at the younger brother that way after everything she’s been through with the older brother but not knocking your opinion just saying

What i think should happen (I haven't read the manga so i might be waay off with this) is that Shinako tries to find Yuu in Rou, she tries to fill in the void left by Yuu by being with Rou, that would obviously build some tension since Rou always feels like he's in his older brother's shadow and that could build until the end of the anime with a big blowoff or something.
Apr 26, 2020 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
Less good than episodes 1-3 because we got less Haru and the older male main character. Teacher girl and the younger boy ... just are not that interesting.

And I don't care much about her being in love with the dead older brother. (They shouild show a bit more than him giving her rubber/eraser to explain the love. Like them on some dates when he felt a bit better to go out. Would be weird if she feld that committed and in love because of that scene only which they now repteatedly hinted at.)

What I liked with the younger boy (Rou) was the other guy at the art school. I'm not into Yaoi since most of the time it caters to Fujoshi fan girls. But I'd love if that other boy turned out to be gay or bi and start o love Rou in a normal (non-fujoshi-baity) way. Or at least they could become very good friends with him getting a lot of screentime.

Out of the screentime Rou got I liked his conversations with the other boy most.
Apr 26, 2020 7:57 AM

Apr 2020
PaninaManina said:

I don't understand what people don't understand here.
See.
We had 4 episodes.
We have 4 main characters.
Sooo... 1 episode per character for introduction?

First episode was from Rikuo POV, second episode was from Shinako POV, third episode was from Haru POV, forth episode was from Rou POV.
Looks just like we where at the introductions.
But I may be wrong.

Not quite, if you rewatch episode 1 to 3, it always starts from Rikuo's perspective, he is also present in most scenes despite the switch on perspective. That's why its hard to watch because the show didn't follow its usual pattern i.e not giving Haru and Rikuo, unarguably the stars of this show, enough screen time. But I guess they need to dish this episode at some point. Why not at the beginning?

Antanaru said:
This episode was rather tedious to watch. I couldn't care less about this little overly emotional shit with a fucking safety-pin in his ear. If anything, knowing that his whole character revolves around inferiority complex in regard to his brother makes him even more unlikable. His relationship with Shinako is also pretty disturbing. Isn't she old enough to be his teacher?

I agree with you. For me, it's a no-go zone to go after a girl that had a romantic interest to my deceased brother. It just feels wrong. While I'm not a fan of Ryo, he's just probably there as an extra character to lift any stalemates that might occur if it were a traditional love triangle.

But morals aside, Rou's probably at the last year of high school, 17-18. Haru's probably just a few month's older than him. Shinako is also the same age as Rikuo; 22-23-ish That's like a four year gap to Haru and Rou. So if you feel that way, you should look at Haru and Rikuo's dynamic too if you're bothered with that age gap thing.

GurenNoOu said:
Bruh am i the only one who hate shinako so much, also why the f she's become the most favorite heroine on this series... she's just dumped every man who love's her for a dead man, jesus christ

Heartyace said:

I actually empathize with everyone but Shirako, her story is the least enjoyable for me to watch. Her only troubles is that she refuses to look forward, but it's a bit weird, isn't it? I'd argue everyone in this series is trying to figure out their future, then Shirako rolls in and till this moment has progressed her life very well. I just think it would have made more sense if she wasn't only romantically stuck while the rest of her life moves on.

Shinako is annoying, yes. Shinako's painful to watch. She's dumb, even the eraser calls her out. But she's very real, that's why people love her and probably why people hate her because she's a flawed human being and not an idealistic image of a mature woman. Let's just hope that she learns to grows out of this phase as the show goes on because enough self-pity would drive a lot of people away, just like in real life. That's one more reason to wait for next week.
ToraiSApr 26, 2020 8:02 AM
Apr 26, 2020 8:14 AM

Sep 2018
The time comes to stage the life of Rou, I didn't think they would have dedicated almost an entire episode to it, but I don't mind, seeing the final result. No longer discussing whether the plot is or is not perfectible, I noticed a good exposure on the figure of this character, like the treatment reserved for the protagonists. The narrative with very deep dialogues is very reflective. The atmospheres encountered in this episode are, as we have seen so far, emotionally effective as to be incisive on mood, so much so that I am increasingly falling in love with this anime as with others in this spring 2020 season. Wow, not I believed that Studio Doga Kobo could make such a mature anime, serious and at the same time so well done, an applause for their work. P.S. Almost almost, I see this episode a second time, and can't wait for the next episode to arrive.
Apr 26, 2020 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not a fan of SoL genre but I love this series a lot, really.
Apr 26, 2020 8:26 AM
Sep 2018
Shinako is escaping reality, in my opinion. Like Rou's father said, after 5 years mourning it's time to move on.
5 years is one quarter of her life, by the way. I feel very sad for her
Apr 26, 2020 9:12 AM

Jun 2017
This is my least favorite episode so far. I don't care for Rou's character at all, and actually find him to be pretty bland. The scenes with Shinako were heartbreaking. Definitely missed the interactions between Haru and Rikuo in this episode. This is still my favorite anime of the season thus far, though.
Apr 26, 2020 9:29 AM

Sep 2011
So Rou has been pursuing art because it was the one thing he had going for him while his brother was still alive, huh. Now about Shinako, I can only imagine, but it can't be easy to move on from someone who meant so much. That scene with the eraser and the cherry blossom tree kind of hurt too. It's been a few years though so Rou is probably right by thinking that she moved so she wouldn't have to face that his brother is no longer there, but he did cross a line when he went and said that maybe what she felt wasn't love but sympathy. He can't possibly know what she felt better than herself so it felt good when she answered him without faltering. And it would be one thing if he wanted her to move on only for her sake, but there are also his ulterior motives, I mean, his feelings for her. Well, he is younger than her and dealing with it all too while acknowledging that he is still a "brat" so I can give him some slack. He is trying to grow as a person after all. But I do hope he is also doing it for himself and not only for Shinako to see him as something more than a little brother.
Apr 26, 2020 9:52 AM

May 2015
Young boy. This is no girl for you.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 26, 2020 9:53 AM
May 2016
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
I don't get it, why would Shinako still come in to visit Rou when she isn't in love with him but with his decease bother????

what's wrong with that, they know each other from childhood and she thinks of him as a little brother it's only natural she looks after him.
Apr 26, 2020 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
ToraiS said:
Antanaru said:

I agree with you. For me, it's a no-go zone to go after a girl that had a romantic interest to my deceased brother. It just feels wrong. While I'm not a fan of Ryo, he's just probably there as an extra character to lift any stalemates that might occur if it were a traditional love triangle.

But morals aside, Rou's probably at the last year of high school, 17-18. Haru's probably just a few month's older than him. Shinako is also the same age as Rikuo; 22-23-ish That's like a four year gap to Haru and Rou. So if you feel that way, you should look at Haru and Rikuo's dynamic too if you're bothered with that age gap thing.
Later it came to my mind that safety-pin kid's crush on Shinako might be just a part of his inferiority complex as well. He just extended his juvenile envy of attention on her as well.

I thought Rikuo and Shinako are past their mid twenties. I guess it's a little less creepy then but you're tight that Rikuo - Haru thing has slipped my attention. Maybe because she's not presented as a teenager that much. No interactions with her peers or family, she's usually together with young adults. Rikuo's interactions with her will probably start rising my brow now.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 26, 2020 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
While I do love the interactions between Haru and Rikuo everytime they're both on screen, I'm happy that this episode was of focused on Rou and Shinako.

Honestly, the whole episode had the feeling of guilt and sadness all over it. You can tell how tough it is for Shinako to try and move on from the death of Rou's older brother, Yuu. Her scene with the box of Yuu's belongings really does hit hard. The music that was used for this scene as she broke down crying was powerful, too. =(

Her problems also effects Rou as well, so it does make it uncomfortable of the both of them as this time. I think their chemistry will only improve once Shinako is able to take the steps she needs to fully move on from Yuu's death and learn to open up again to those around her. Only then, will she find the happiness that she needs.

Same with Rou. Being in your brother's shadow can be frustrating, but he least he understands what Shinako needs to do to move on from Yuu's death. I just hope that his progression won't be a misguided one, though. If he tries to make Shinako see him as something more than "just a brother", then he might have another thing coming to him...
Apr 26, 2020 11:16 AM

Mar 2017
I have to say; I find Shinako and Rou's stories more interesting than Haru and Rikuo... there's just more substance to their backstories and they're current position in the anime. That's not to say I dislike Haru and Rikuo though; they're relationship just seems to be slower burning.

I really love Rou; he's got an air of maturity that the other characters don't have and he seems to be the only character isn't feel lost in life. It's sad that he doesn't really feel grief about his brother's death but I kind of understand because it seems like he didn't know him too well.
Apr 26, 2020 11:33 AM
Nov 2019
i don't like shinako. Comparing Rou with his brother is too toxic.
Apr 26, 2020 11:37 AM
Nov 2019
GurenNoOu said:

i have the same opinion
Apr 26, 2020 11:42 AM
Dec 2019
As an art high school student, this episode hit too close to home.
I put this anime on my to watch list only because I wanted to try watching a slice of life and it has become one of, if not my favorite anime of the season.
Apr 26, 2020 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
My impressions of this show have grown worse with this episode. It expects me to connect and feel for the characters, but everything has been presented in such a deadpan and just somehow immature manner that I just can't care for anything in particular. Which sucks because the artwork honestly looks hella good.

Two love triangles in motion. Cool. More fuckery to behold, so I'll keep watching LMAO.

P.S. Is Haru from fucking Assassin's Creed or something? Cause she summons that crow from literally frigging nowhere with ease xDDD
Apr 26, 2020 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
Ahhh... so many feelings about this episode in particular!
First of all, Shinako. After the first and second episode, she was an acceptable, rather likable character to me. But man, it is really painful to watch her now. I get it is difficult for her to get over a dead love, but man, you don't have to constantly tell Rou "you look like your brother", "you sound like your brother"... this poor dude.
I'm happy that they focused on Rou in this episode though. In the beginning I thought he'll only be some additional character, "protecting" Shinako from Rikuo. But the whole story about being in the shadow of his brother, and finding out that art might not be what he was aiming for that whole time... I'm glad it was introduced to us.
Haru was a sweet addition to the story in this episode, all scenes with her are so adorable even if she only shows up for couple of seconds.
Overall, I'm really enjoying this double love triangle/love quadrangle? lol
Apr 26, 2020 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
I have to say this: people, STOP SAYING "I DISLIKE X CHARACTER".
First, they don't existe to please you, they don't need to please you to exist and participate in the story.
And second, more importantly, JUDGE ACTIONS.
It's ok to like or not how a character acts, what decision it makes, but stop with the unconditional hate or love for a bit and be more understanding, because there's more to a story than deciding who to dislike and ship.

Luthandorius said:

What I liked with the younger boy (Rou) was the other guy at the art school. I'm not into Yaoi since most of the time it caters to Fujoshi fan girls. But I'd love if that other boy turned out to be gay or bi and start o love Rou in a normal (non-fujoshi-baity) way. Or at least they could become very good friends with him getting a lot of screentime.

Yes, they are good friends but don't count on seeing him being gay (would be another unrequited relationship). He actually likes to be beaten by women. Yes, exactly what you read.

Funny thing, as much as people want to bash Rou, he is the character that's actually ahead. The younger is the one moving faster.

Apr 26, 2020 2:14 PM
May 2014
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
I don't get it, why would Shinako still come in to visit Rou when she isn't in love with him but with his decease bother????

because shinako still sees him as a little brother to her. She literally has known him for most of his life, so that isn’t a relationship you just cut off.
Apr 26, 2020 2:21 PM
May 2014
I cringe at people who are actually mad at Shinako for not being able to move on or this idea that she is leading others on. She essentially has seen the 2 main male characters here as either a little brother or a friend and now that they are making their real feelings more known to her, she’s been put in a tough situation.

Also that scene when Rou and Shinako are in the kitchen pretty much shows why Shinako sees Rou as a little kid lol
Apr 26, 2020 2:27 PM

May 2015
People are still bothered by tiny age gap relationships?

Apr 26, 2020 2:58 PM
Nov 2019
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

She feels responsible for taking care of Rou and his father, because they are like family to her. If Yuu had lived, they literally would be, and she can't let go of that.
Apr 26, 2020 3:01 PM
Nov 2019
Bibimbapski said:
I'm about to read the manga soon and I'll get more information about the characters as I go but it won't affect my enjoyment from this gem of an Anime. This is one of my favorites this season, I have a favorite per category and this tops them all with its slice-of-life, drama, romance, tragedy, etc. themes.

Personally, I like Rou, I want to know more about him. It hurts being compared to someone, especially an older brother who is no longer there. His brother is dead but he still lives in his shadow. Shinako can't just forget someone and love again instantly, life isn't like that.

Just finished the manga myself the other day. You absolutely won't regret reading ahead. It is a wonderfully addictive read.
Apr 26, 2020 3:04 PM
Nov 2019
Luthandorius said:

Yeah, I'm just gonna crush your dreams right here. Doesn't go down like that. Promise. They are just best friends.
Apr 26, 2020 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
VKDOOM said:
I cringe at people who are actually mad at Shinako for not being able to move on or this idea that she is leading others on. She essentially has seen the 2 main male characters here as either a little brother or a friend and now that they are making their real feelings more known to her, she’s been put in a tough situation.

Also that scene when Rou and Shinako are in the kitchen pretty much shows why Shinako sees Rou as a little kid lol

THIS.

TsukuyomiREKT said:
People are still bothered by tiny age gap relationships?

Some, but they don't matter.

JMAC7744 said:

Just finished the manga myself the other day. You absolutely won't regret reading ahead. It is a wonderfully addictive read.

Talking about the manga, the extra volume was published just this week, right?
I wonder if we'll ever see this one translated, there's already material left untranslated for years.
Apr 26, 2020 5:10 PM

May 2014
Another great episode. Nice to see Rou's perspective and his aspirations and lack thereof. Everyone actually feel like real people going through real stuff instead of just tropeish characters.

Honestly, Shinako needs to take a break from everything and do some soul searching on her own. She is still grieving and it's hurting Rou when she unconsciously compares him to his dead brother. She clearly can't get over Yuu/commit to a romantic relationship right now so both Rou and Rikuo need to back off and stop expecting her to feel anything for them.
Apr 26, 2020 5:31 PM
Nov 2019
PaninaManina said:

Talking about the manga, the extra volume was published just this week, right?
I wonder if we'll ever see this one translated, there's already material left untranslated for years.

Yes! "Yesterday o Utatte afterword" was supposed to be published as a one shot volume on April 17th, as long as it didn't get delayed. I sure hope it gets translated.
I know right? I can't find anywhere online that has past chapter 112 translated. I mean its only ch 113 and some extra stuff, but still. I feel like with the anime being out, SOMEONE will do finish the job.
Apr 26, 2020 5:45 PM
Jul 2015
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Well, she did say she sees him like a kid brother.
And women can visit men that they aren't in love with you know.
Considering she took care of Yuu a lot at his home, she was bound to develop some form of relationship with Rou.
Apr 26, 2020 6:21 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm.

Actually i think the comments and discussion here are better than the anime. You all are thinking and looking and feeling and talking together and to and about the characters. The Studio is very happy from this i can promise you. And so is Kei Toume-san. She is doing very well with her visions. She did by the way go to Art School herself. :)

Enjoy it... it is a story unfolding and you will experience it for the first time only once. Dont rush to judgement of your own reactions and dont let others comments about what you say bother you at all. they are talking to themselves as we all do.

A couple of thoughts to throw in. In Japan, life IS quite simple much simpler than it may look to wsaterners from more complex and materially expansive societies like the US. We dont have a lot of choices and things that happen well they can be a lot bigger And a lot smaller at the same time than for other cultures. Not that we dont feel or love. But it may not happen in the same way outside of here.

We live alone. Love and relations are not often that close even tho the Wished for Realm of Anime and Manga may focus much more on them than really happens to us. This is a key to this story.

Maybe the Author and also the Studio are telling this story to themsselves. They welcome and enjoy sharing. But.

Maybe thru this story which offers a lot of insight into how Japanese culture really works. aided a lot by the aesthetic and art style, Character cast and character design and the music.... so it is a sweet pill.

I would encourage feeling whatever anyone wants about anyone in the story ....there is no reason to hold back. The story for you is not the story for anyone else. Good stories are like that.

Enjoy.

Yoshi
CrisGer_San_AAApr 26, 2020 6:26 PM

Apr 26, 2020 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
Shinako should let go! stubborn girl!
4/5.

Apr 27, 2020 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
This anime is so depressing lol

But it's really good, we have learned a bit about each character now in the past four episodes.
Apr 27, 2020 5:00 AM

May 2018
nice. too relatable lol
Apr 27, 2020 5:47 AM
Apr 2018
Shinako's pain... I fuckin felt it. The execution of this episode was done well.

Sometimes, I just don't get people here (on this forum).
Apr 27, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2019
Ugh I really disliked this episode. I'm not interested in Rou's and Shinako's drama, honestly speaking, Rikuo and Haru are the ones who are making this anime to be good.
Apr 27, 2020 3:48 PM

Nov 2010
Shinako is so incredible annoying it is unreal.
I said it after the first episode, and while I understand better that her character is indeed a brick, it still doesn't excuse that character. I lost people before, and it might take weeks or months to get over it (which doesn't mean you forget after that time, but that you move on while still holding them in your memories), but she is still in that state after 5!!! years?
Sorry, but if you are acting like an elephant in a china shop after 5 years, destroying everything and everyone around you without realizing, because you are to self-absorbed in your own self-pity, you should have been in mental care for years (and realized that yourself).

If you ever find a person like that in your life and that person is not willing to do at least that, run as far as you can and avoid at all cost.
Apr 28, 2020 7:51 AM

Jan 2019
I'm quite convinced that I'm not watching characters, I'm watching people, and this is amazing to see, especially in a slice of life anime. Rikuo, Haru, Shinako, Rou, they are all normal people, who make mistakes and have complex feelings. I really like how this episode manages to be as good as all the others, even without the protagonist's participation.

10/10 so far.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Apr 28, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
I love what they’re doing with the pacing of the story!
Some might find it slow, but I like how they’re giving development for all of the characters.

Hopefully there’s more Haru in the next episode!
Apr 28, 2020 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
So much feels that made me cry, i undersrand shinako it's really hard to forget someone who just died especially if it's someone close to u even if the death is recent or long u cannot be with them anymore only memories
Great ep!
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Apr 28, 2020 12:23 PM
Feb 2018
Rou had some great character development. The way his frustrations with his lack of distinction as an artist, collided with his feeling of being overshadowed by his older brother were on full display creatively highlight both his depth & immaturity as a punk kid.

We got to see more of Shinako from a different perspective, revealing just how big of a ghost rival Rikuo has no idea he is up against.

The limited airtime Rikuo & Haru got this time around was regrettable, but needed in order to explore the two other main characters in what is still the best, easily most underrated show of the season.
Apr 28, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2015
zwolf12 said:
I said it after the first episode, and while I understand better that her character is indeed a brick, it still doesn't excuse that character. I lost people before, and it might take weeks or months to get over it (which doesn't mean you forget after that time, but that you move on while still holding them in your memories), but she is still in that state after 5!!! years?
Sorry, but if you are acting like an elephant in a china shop after 5 years, destroying everything and everyone around you without realizing, because you are to self-absorbed in your own self-pity, you should have been in mental care for years (and realized that yourself).

If you ever find a person like that in your life and that person is not willing to do at least that, run as far as you can and avoid at all cost.

How the fuck is she "destroying everything and everyone around her"? It really seems like you just have a bone to pick with her for some reason, and will exaggerate to justify it.

Apr 28, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
TsukuyomiREKT said:

How the fuck is she "destroying everything and everyone around her"? It really seems like you just have a bone to pick with her for some reason, and will exaggerate to justify it.

"Why don't she like them fuck her already", right?
Apr 28, 2020 8:36 PM
Apr 2010
Is this about older people dating high schoolers??
Apr 28, 2020 11:21 PM

Jul 2016
The plot will make Rou fall in love with Haru, won't it? I honestly hope this won't be the case but we'll see.

Personally, something tells me I would enjoy this series way more if the romance aspect weren't so involved in the plot. I mean, I like how this series approaches life and the way to live and to not live it but honestly, I couldn't care less about Shinako and the obsession she has with a dead guy who, if I recall correctly, was never romantically interested in her. I can understand her "grief" to some extent but I can't help but find her whole situation extremely uninteresting.
And as for Rou... I still don't like the kid but at least thanks to this episode, I find his background and problems/doubts far more interesting than Shinako's.
Apr 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
TsukuyomiREKT said:
zwolf12 said:

So she is a person that basically blinded herself to look only into herself (which is not a bad thing, everybody does that and probably should do that from time to time), but she did that for 5 years. That is self-inflicted harm, but also an exemplary case why psychology and therapy exist.
If it is only self-inflicted there would be no problem, other than for herself, the problem is that in that state of blindness she considers nothing apart from herself when making any decisions and that leads to situations that hurt everyone around her without her even realizing.
Such behavior is destructive as you might imagine. She basically blinded herself, build an emotional baseball bat out of her problems and proceeds to swing it around wildly with no care for anyone other than herself.
I consider that very annoying behavior.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

447 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.