Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 13, 2020 5:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so Shinako still loves someone who's dead 6 years ago, I guess it also happens in real life so it seems realistic, they don't have to go that far though (stop being friends) but I can understand that's their relationship would be very difficult, especially for Rikuo.
Aug 20, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Complicated love relationship we got here. Pretty mature and realistic decision of Rikuo and Shinako to stop being friends, even though I really hope Shinako end up as his girlfriend. Bit bothered by the paperclip earring of Rou.

Oct 14, 2020 8:25 PM

Dec 2016
started to watch this series now, hope it's worth my time xd

so far i'm enjoying it. let's see how the story moves on.
Dec 15, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2018
Well, cutting your hair shorter usually symbolizes change and tiredness of person.. So that it's easier to live with shorter hair, not take as much care about it.. Not necessary, though, of course..
Hm, well.. It's interesting, how it's Shinako's first year as a teacher, and she lost a student, hm.. Yeah.. As Korone would say.. No confidence.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwxUAF_YCQ&ab_channel=Necroneer
But it's still Shinako's dream, what she was planning to do in her life, as I remember - to be teacher.. So who knows, who's in worse situation.. Not like it's race or anything, I guess..
I don't know really too much about if people change much with time or not.. I'd feel it's too broad of a conclusion to make, to be honest.. In some things people change, in some not, I'd guess.. Also, I believe, there is person's will and responsibility to make one or another choice, really.. To drink at party or not.. To try initiate more talk with someone or not..
But anyway.. Why Shinako is talking about this?.. Feels like this is a bit side point, and what bothers her - is that she'd want to decide, what to do about some things from the past.. Go on with the friendship or not, for example.. Or what bothers her?.. Not too sure, what is this "people not change" sentence about..
Overall.. I don't know.. With all respect to Shinako and dead persons.. I don't feel like I'm too invested or interested in Shinako's feelings.. Maybe they're not relatable.. As well as I don't really understand, what Shinako and Rikuo are doing, really.. Like.. Yeah, a lot of things.. But also, what they want in the end?.. I don't understand, really.. I liked first episode more, really, this one is about not that relatable things, to be honest.. This situation is too specific.. Like, relationships problems, related to someone, who died 6 years ago?.. Maybe material for those, who lost someone like this.. But for others?.. Well, won't speak for everyone - just for me it's kinda strange story..
Mar 9, 2021 4:28 AM

Feb 2012
So far it's been good. The story doesn't seem terribly original, but this kind of romance drama is underrepresented in anime because it's cheaper to make them as live action series. So any such series is welcome. Haru isn't that realistic as a character, but otherwise I like how the problems we're seeing are something that real people have, which isn't a given in a romance series. Also several themes are present which usually don't get attention in the medium simply because there aren't many shows about that time period when you've graduated but haven't found your place.

I was a bit hesitant to start this because of all the negative reviews, but I'm hoping it's just because people don't like the themes, the pace, or maybe they have a set idea of the best girl who's supposed to win. So far I don't mind which direction the story takes.
Jun 9, 2022 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
The first episode was decent imo but why did it feel like nothing happened this time? I feel like I'm not learning anything. Stuff is going on with the characters, but it's like, not at the same time or something like that. It's bland
Sep 21, 2022 8:54 AM
Jan 2020
Holy fuck why is this so well directed
Dec 28, 2022 12:25 PM
Feb 2020
This show has been in my watchlist for quite a while. I got attracted to it just because of a click-bait image (a marketing material).

Till I start watching the show I had no clue about what's the story is all about. I wanted to watch it as I felt this one would have a good artwork due to that marketing material.

Until now there is nothing much to complain about this show but still this show isn't giving me a motivation to continue any further (let alone binge) whether its the slightly thick strokes everywhere feels like a try of giving it an old-school anime vibe or the slow precise pacing so far or my gut feeling that this story will go into a lot deeper than what these two episodes have shown.

This show doesn't have the advantages that Garden of Words had to make me continue watching i.e. short size (movie format) & great artwork.

Can anyone give one reason to continue this show? (Serious response only & please don't mention the show ratings as I don't judge the show based on its ratings alone)
Apr 18, 2023 6:47 PM
Mar 2023
muy aburrida la serie. al segundo capitulo dije del tiro esto no llega a nada y ladeje de ver.
May 22, 2023 1:45 AM

Dec 2022
Its really difficult, both Shinako and Haru are good... Shinako has a really great backstory and her character has a good foundation for further development i.e coping with past and moving on not to mention she is my type of girl so... Now we gotta see Haru's backstory as well... But as of now I am kinda rooting for Shinako more, though my gut is telling me that Haru will be the endgame here... Let's see what happens...
Jan 6, 12:30 PM
Jul 2023
I liked this episode because i thought the animation was really good and I watch DUB because I multi-task, the voice acting was really good and in sync. Also the teacher girl's new haircut really suits her!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

447 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.