Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 12, 2020 12:18 AM
Apr 2018
The atmosphere, the character acting, just too good for an anime. Without Oregairu and Re:zero, I thought this season would bore me but hell I was wrong.
Apr 12, 2020 12:46 AM

Jul 2016
I don't think this was as strong as last week's episode, but I'm sticking with it anyway.

The belief that a friendship between two people who are mutually attracted to each other must always evolve into a romantic relationship is something that I just don't believe, so I'm not particularly rooting for Rikuo x Shinako. Get in there Haru, he's all yours.
Apr 12, 2020 12:53 AM

Nov 2013
This is so fkn good!
I was scared it would turn into a love triangle after the first episode, but it's ended up being something like a love square with Rou coming into the picture.

A little bit confused at the end, but I'm guessing Rikuo was hinting that he'd stop being friends with Shinako and wait until she's ready.

I feel bad for Haru, since she's the one dealing with Kataomoi.
I can see it already though, Rikuo starts to fall in love with Haru, right when Shinako finds the courage to be with him.

This is so realistic, I love every bit of this! At times hopeful, at other times heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, but a super relatable and interesting story nonetheless. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 12, 2020 12:54 AM

Mar 2019
Oh god, "wah wah, the guy I "loved" as I kid died early and I can't move on with my feelings, even though it's been 6 years and I'm now a grown up". STFU, bitch. Trash anime, dropped, rated 1/10.
Apr 12, 2020 1:34 AM
Feb 2017
Never thought I would enjoy this series so much. It's very interesting to see the development of characters. Can't wait to see another episode
Apr 12, 2020 1:45 AM
Jun 2017
many can relate to this one, as it take guts for someone to continue being friends amidst the fact you have a feeling for that person thats why i love how they have concluded the said episode, as "lets stop being friends"... and i love what Rikou have said Im going to wait rather than be friends".

And well maybe another thing why rikou have been rejected is that maybe he confess his feelings for shinako in the wrong time as she hasnt able to move on from her 1st love since what happened 6 yrs ago.
Apr 12, 2020 1:49 AM
Dec 2017
So far Doga Kobo is doing good job with this title.
Although it hits right in the feels most of the time, i want to see more. Maybe because i don't have something like that IRL?
Apr 12, 2020 2:02 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Loved the calm music and the backgrounds that got revealed. Also I like Haru more and more. Nice that they shoed the teacher with the coworkers at the after-party. Better than your usual school girl main char stuff.
Apr 12, 2020 2:12 AM
Jun 2017
many can relate to this one, as it take guts for someone to continue being friends amidst the fact you have a feeling for that person thats why i love how they have concluded the said episode, as "lets stop being friends"... and i love what Rikou have said Im going to wait rather than be friends".

And well maybe another thing why rikou have been rejected is that maybe he confess his feelings for shinako in the wrong time as she hasnt able to move on from her 1st love since what happened 6 yrs ago.
Apr 12, 2020 2:24 AM
May 2016
dasprn said:
Just hope some of those hopes are realized. Though I hope Haru would be the one.

bangnaldo said:
Didn't like it as much as the first ep... things are getting complicated.

I'm rooting for Haru xD

As someone who read the manga,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 2:09 PM
Apr 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2012
poor sensei i did not see that coming :(
Apr 12, 2020 2:39 AM

Jan 2016
This show is amazing, rooting for Haru
Apr 12, 2020 2:40 AM
May 2018
animejas said:
Excellent episode.

This is such a great adaptation of the manga so far, from the good pacing to the excellent audiovisual presentation used in this anime. The animation is stellar and the background art looks really good too, topped with a beautiful color palette. Tower of God might have my favorite visuals of the season/year so far with its unique, stylish, refreshing and detailed art but this is a very close 2nd.

Haru and Shinako are both very good for me, and the relationship continues to progress in a realistic manner of sorts, without leaning too heavy into melodrama as of yet. I love the manga and the anime is really doing it justice so far so good job to Doga Kobo.

Could you explain the dialogue when Rikuo went to talk with Shinako? I got confused there. He doesnt want to be friends but he does because he has ulterior motives and she should know?
Apr 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
I am in love with the characters of this show. I feel the most sorry for Shinako. The person she loved died and she's having a difficult time moving on. I've experienced losing both grandparents and my father and it is extremely to difficult to move on from the death of a loved one.

I'm liking Rou, how stupidly cheeky he is to confront Uozumi at his workplace.
臭い-
Apr 12, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2017
It's a safety pin, people! Not a paper clip.
Turns out that is/was a trend recently - https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/11/14/safety-pin-solidarity/

Anyways...
Go, Go, Haru-chan!
Apr 12, 2020 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
ninka22 said:
dasprn said:
Just hope some of those hopes are realized. Though I hope Haru would be the one.

bangnaldo said:
Didn't like it as much as the first ep... things are getting complicated.

I'm rooting for Haru xD

Just don't want loose ends.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 2:09 PM
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 12, 2020 4:53 AM

Jun 2013
This is actually getting good
Apr 12, 2020 5:15 AM
Apr 2019
Solid episode. Visuals are amazing.

Rikuo seems to admit he doesn't want to be just friend with Shinako. But Shinako is still trying to get over her past love. And a new character shows up to complicate things even more. A good drama is cooking here.
Apr 12, 2020 5:41 AM

Jul 2017
Well to be honest I didnt like that shinako, but now I understand her a little bit. And Im grateful that this anime gonna have full adapt anime I also like the animation. (btw I didnt read the manga)
"Where ever you are in this world. I will always going to find you.."

"Who cares if we can't see any sunshine, I want you more than any Blue Sky.."

"I hope you'll remember me, even just a little bit.."

"Even if the world is destroyed, I still want to see your smile again.."

"I'm the one who lived my life just to meet you, just like cherry blossoms waiting for the spring.."

Apr 12, 2020 6:47 AM
Jan 2019
This is gonna hurt, isn't it? :)
Apr 12, 2020 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
Man, I loved the way they transits the Ending (ED) with the song's 2nd chorus. That's such a nice touch!
And their ED format is really versatile. Truly a remarkable Anime ED of the year.

And of course, we can't forget about the amazing cinematography.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Apr 12, 2020 8:54 AM

Mar 2008
Spaceship said:
Anyone else bothered by the use of Comic Sans on the main title card?

It's fitting considering the time.
Apr 12, 2020 8:56 AM
Sep 2013
Greyleaf said:
kuroneko99 said:
...but it's getting too melodramatic, cheesy and annoying.

I feel the exact opposite. In fact, I'm glad we're finally getting a no-nonsense series that actually paints things as they are. In only two episodes I've said to myself, "yep, this is exactly how this would play out in real life" more than every other anime I've ever seen combined. I guess actual life experience plays a part in it, though.

couldnt agree more with this
Apr 12, 2020 9:06 AM
May 2017
I don't like full serious dramas, Haru's keeping the anime relatively light-hearted, for me she's definitely carrying the series.
https://gfycat.com/ambitiousmajesticgermanshorthairedpointer

Apr 12, 2020 9:24 AM
Sep 2017
I know that It depends in the likes of everyone but I think that this would bue one of the top animes broacasted this season.
Apr 12, 2020 9:36 AM
Oct 2018
Don't know exactly why but is anime is hitting me so hard... Probably it will be my best of the year. Art is beautiful, and I find all the character cast incredibly relatable even if my life is completely different. A masterpiece until now, hope it can keep the level during the whole series.
Akkarin! Hai!
Apr 12, 2020 10:07 AM

Mar 2018
Another great episode. I'm happy the quality didn't drop from the first episode.

I'm really rooting for Rikuo and Shinako but it seems it will take some time for Shinako to sort out her feelings.

I just can't see Rikuo and Haru as a couple and besides, I think what Haru really needs is a family. I'd love to see all three stay together somehow though.
Apr 12, 2020 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
Great animation..seems to be one of the better ones this season.
Apr 12, 2020 11:08 AM

Apr 2019
I kinda like how there is no OP for this anime, it matches the atmosphere that this anime gives off.

I thought that they would include Haru's reaction to the album cover in this episode. But I guess it's not that big of a deal to not include it.

Really liking this anime so far, quite eager for next's eek episode.
Apr 12, 2020 11:18 AM

Feb 2017
This was really good. Love the feel of the show. Things just got more complicated. First I thought Shinako and Rou had some thing going but it turns out it was with his brother. Hopefully the upcoming drama is good, wouldn't like this show to disappoint me because as of now it's really really promising.
Apr 12, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
and here I thought they will tackle more about what it actually means to enter soyciety. or that you graduated only to become aimless. or that you wasted college for what amounts to nothing. nope, it gradually reduced into mere personal relationship problems.

dropped. PS I'm actually glad and proud that I dropped college.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Apr 12, 2020 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
It might be a bit early to say this two episodes in, but this show could be the dark horse of the entire Spring season. It's been really impressive so far.

The character building with our main four has been very good. Some users here might stick their noses up to any kind of "melodrama", but this show is using that to its full advantage and doing it really well.

All four characters here, Haru, Rituo, Rou and Shinako, have their reasons of sadness and their struggles of moving on in life, which does make me want to see all four of them find the happiness that they deserve. Getting to that goal will have its challenges, though, so I do look forward to seeing how things progress next time. =)
Apr 12, 2020 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
^ if you ask me, the biggest relationship fork road is at age 13-14 when girls get their first period. the fork road is either education or pregnancy. if you pursue education (in which case everyone here chose), then obviously you're choosing careers. you don't get education only to get pregnant that's ridiculous. my personal takeaway with this two episodes is that if you take education this is what you end up: aimless, don't know what to do, anxiety etc. this is the choice they all made, and they should live with their choices.

anyway, dropped. I get the feeling this anime will just glorify the education choice. and they wonder why their birth rates are so low.

Apr 12, 2020 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Shinako is a pain in the ass of a woman. Having your first love die is sure to be traumatic but it's been 6 fucking years. If i was in Rikuo's shoes i'd nope the fuck out, that girl will drive you nuts.
Apr 12, 2020 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
Holy shit I don't know where this anime is gonna take its direction in but all I can say is that this episode was fucking amazing; not because of how well scripted and visually imposing it was but because of the fact that I could relate so hard to this... because goddamn I did not knew spring 2020 was gonna bring home the adaption that hits home so hard to what I experienced irl

When Uozomi asked Kinoshita if a man and a woman can be "just friends" it was a holy shit moment because it was not within my expectation for an anime to cover this kind of topic of unrequited love in such a realistic manner. And holy shit the fucking ending, I didn't realized it could get better but it DID. In these kind of scenarios you can't just give up, not when you keep thinking that the person that you're attracted to is the best option around, the one, in a sense; it's why they chose to not be friends anymore, but Uozomi knows that it's impossible for him to abandon his feelings, because he felt that he have a chance there, and so did Haru because that's exactly what it is despite Shinako adamantly denying such a possibility. Uozomi deciding to say he have ulterior motives implies that he will wait it out because he hopes that one day Shinako will still accept his feelings, but deciding to stop being friends is meant to reject the idea that a man and a woman can still be friends even if one party is in a different relationship; this is also a result of the tension from his rejection because at the moment it is still far too awkward to be friends and stay friends, at least not until Uozomi forgets about his feeling... which he won't because he's a fucking CHAD... or rather because he can't get over it... but anyways yeah.

Will be looking forward to where this anime goes, dunno when the manga did llol

simp rant hours

Apr 12, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2014
Very good episode. Art and music excellent like usual. Really realistic and relatable story, and I like the development of Shinako as a character and found her to be very relatable.

Honestly, I dislike the idea of Rikuo and Shinako being together. The idea of them forcing themselves into even a simple friendship is unfair for both of them. Shinako is still healing from the past and she'll feel guilty for leading Rikuo on.
Apr 12, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2013
Ah this anime keeps me on edge for some reason. Maybe a sense of foreboding...

Love triangle eh. I'm not fan of them since my party always lose in the end
Apr 12, 2020 3:03 PM

May 2016
ED is awesome <3

I doubt that I'm the only one who got 5 centimeters per second vibes from it?
I'm also feeling relived that Shinako felt like that towards him otherwise would have been
for nothing.

Can someone time leap me to next week already...
Apr 12, 2020 3:12 PM
May 2017
dasprn said:
ninka22 said:

Just don't want loose ends.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Hi, I know especially you did not do anything wrong, but in this cases pls use the "Report" function with "spoiler" as reasoning, the devs are working pretty quick. The damage has been done for you but you can save others. (I have no idea if it is really true, I am not reading the manga.) Thank you.
Apr 12, 2020 3:49 PM

Apr 2015
Shinako is a perfect example of a wahman with emotional baggage and just overall a pain and unfun to be with. I can see this already in some college students so again, relationship fork road is at 13-14. you can only choose between education or pregnancy. you can't have both. or end up with issues, baggage or simply aimless like the guy in ep1.

Apr 12, 2020 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
My heeeart~ emotional baggage is strong in this, I can't wait to find out how it's planning to rip my soul apart.

Team Haru~~
Apr 12, 2020 4:23 PM
Apr 2012
There's always one gem that doesn't get spoken of.

This is far more enjoyable than one would expect. This is like old key anime quality good.
Apr 12, 2020 5:24 PM

Jun 2015
Finally an anime about mature people dealing with romance in a mature way... kinda tired of waitng three seasons and 4 ovas + a movie adaptation for a hand holding scene..
Also that (i'm kinda tired of love) hit different when you're single and depressed
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 12, 2020 9:04 PM
Mar 2019
ok sensei cut her hair, now she looks like a potato XD still cute tho
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 12, 2020 10:11 PM
Mar 2017
Another episode that hit pretty hard, but was very instructive, plus we got to know Shinako better.

Shinako and Rikuo stay where they always should have, as friends, but it's still difficult for Rikuo to accept it.

In this episode another character made his appearance, Rou who is a student who knows Shinako from when she was a schoolgirl, they are practically childhood friends and is also the one who reveals to Rikuo that Shinako loved and cared for his older brother who died, but it is clear that Rou has feelings towards Shinako too, that's why he had such a arrogant attitude towards Rikuo.

For their part Haru and Shinako have a talk where Haru makes it clear that she loves Rikuo and wants to compete with her for Rikuo heart, but Shinako does not accept and she reveals that she loves another man, but that man has already gone to an unreachable place, but even so Haru declares war on her former sensei, since if Shinako is still friends with Rikuo there is still the possibility that her feelings may change and that Haru sees as a threat.

Finally, Shinako and Rikuo decide that they cannot continue being friends, especially because Rikuo knows that Shinako will never love him, but their resolution to stop being friends was not very convincing.
Personally I see Haru's way to win Rikuo's heart very complicated, there is the age difference, in addition to Rikuo does not see Haru as a woman, but as a girl, there are also the remaining feelings of him towards Shinako.
As for Shinako, I can only say that her feelings will eventually change, but it will be difficult for her, leaving behind feelings like the ones she has are difficult to forget, they are an emotional charge that leaves very strong marks.

It was only in this episode that I realized that Kana Hanazawa made Shinako's voice, what a more relaxing and soft voice she has.
The quality of this episode maintained the good quality standard of the previous episode, I really liked how the features of the adult and young characters were different in the dialogues, especially in the park with Shinako and Haru.
Apr 12, 2020 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
Can someone please give that Rou guy some money so he can buy a proper earring?... Anyways, not sure what to think about this bad boy wannabe but considering he has a thing for his teacher, I can only assume he will be around just to complicate things. Hope I'm wrong and they use his character in a more creative way tho.

Overall, I get this series' intentions but I couldn't help but find this episode extremely boring. I mean, it was nice to get more info about Shinako's past and the reason as for why she acts so melancholically but honestly, it will take some time for me to empathize with her.

That said and as with her, I hope next episode can be focused on Haru and more importantly, I really hope Rikuo's character receives more attention anytime soon because so far, I can't understand what's so special about him in order to have two women interested in him.
SouthRzVaApr 12, 2020 11:32 PM
Apr 13, 2020 12:33 AM

Sep 2018
This anime series still manages to give me good vibes with this episode very focused on the figure of Morinome: although not very original in the plot, the fact of having characters that are not exactly perfect under the plane of social life, makes them closer to the spectator who certainly does not expect perfect characters and then also art intended as the style of drawing and the backgrounds, and the soundtrack to make this animated work tasty. As far as I am concerned, this anime series has passed the litmus test, even if there was no need since the first episode had convinced me. P.S The new character is amusing in his way of speaking and in his way of doing.
Apr 13, 2020 6:34 AM
Sep 2018
Totally agree!

Friendship man-woman is very difficult. It becomes impossible after a couple breaks up or one is rejected by the other.
Apr 13, 2020 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
There's after episode extras in the japanese streaming:

episode 1 - https://streamable.com/1kto8z
episode 2 (with subs) - https://files.catbox.moe/2w41se.mp4
Apr 13, 2020 7:22 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Didn't think too much of the 1st ep but I'm kinda getting into it

Shame Shinako cut her hair though.. wasted beauty
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

447 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.