Forum Settings
Forums

Yuck, Funimation trying to sneak into the anime production committee

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 3, 2020 7:57 PM

Aug 2018
this_shit_again said:
Okay, let's see which takes we've gone through..

So we did:
  • They're pushing agendas!
  • Oh no, puritanical westerners. We've got to stop them!
  • Oh my god, stop forcing your diversity on me!
  • This is literally censorship!
  • It's all the left's/SJWs'/feminists' fault!
  • They're going to take away our moe girls!

And right now we're at global conspiracy by the jews..

Heh, figures this thread would bring out the dudebro incel gamergaters crying "oh no the ess jay dubyoos want to destroy anime!" when that's the furthest thing from the truth. We only want to:

a) force racial diversity quotas - only nazi racists would oppose this idea
b) eliminate the misogynistic ideal girl stereotypes - because irl all women are whores
c) ban sexually provocative material - because women should be respected not ogled

Apr 3, 2020 8:03 PM
Dec 2017
But western influence is beneficial to the anime industry. Dont forget too, that this is for the better treat of the animators that need to know about unions.
Apr 3, 2020 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
Lordbadface said:
But western influence is beneficial to the anime industry. Dont forget too, that this is for the better treat of the animators that need to know about unions.

Unions aren't current year though. Also, Japan has unions and had them for a long time.

Apr 3, 2020 8:14 PM

May 2009
Lordbadface said:
GAMERS RISE UP.
no

*continues alternating between playing Atelier Sophie and looking up pretty pictures of Monika Ellmenreich*
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 3, 2020 8:41 PM

Oct 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
TolkienFan365 said:
Honestly as much as I don't like Funimation this whole this is going to end anime view is incredibly stupid. Crunchyroll has been on production committees for three years and really did the stuff they were on change anime?

If you want to be worried about that the stagnating Japanese market, poor treatment and development of animators and the fact despite the growth in profits 30% of studios are in the red is the biggest issue.
Accurately assessing this problem would require a level of attention to detail and also fine-bristled criticism of the anime industry.

It's a lot easier to just blame some supposed outsider.

Well there is a reason to be concerned Funi's brand has changed a lot from when I first got into anime when the advertisement was about producing completely uncensored anime content. Though at the end of the day anime does need the international market to expand anyone can look at industry reports and see that. Most of the growth is coming from the international market.

Plus so many of these people have bashed Funi for not "supporting animators" (this isn't going to do that either) and now they are making direct investments into anime which people mocked them for not doing. Plus CR at most has done around what like 23 titles out of the maybe 270 released over the last three years and they are just one party on the committee. This whole "culture war" bs has gotten so stupid and annoying. If Funi does something stupid then boycott the show or source. One of the best things about bigger Western influence is that it matters what the community does. It's not like Japan has had plenty of censorship scares either.

Apr 3, 2020 8:59 PM
Jul 2019
what is it with you americans? i mean it was funny at first, sure.... but of late.... its just sad.... are you even able to realize what happened over the past two weeks in your country yet?
while you discuss the ethics of lollis and media representation, calling each other gamergaters and sjws...
Apr 3, 2020 9:24 PM

Apr 2019
Lordbadface said:
Are you kidding me? Is that the serious suggestion that union hating America with one of the worst hire-and-fire systems and exploitation of near-slave workers (aka "illegal immigrants") will improve working conditions in Japan? I take one ounce of what you are smoking, please.

Apr 3, 2020 9:57 PM

May 2009
frankGarmin said:
what is it with you americans? i mean it was funny at first, sure.... but of late.... its just sad.... are you even able to realize what happened over the past two weeks in your country yet?
while you discuss the ethics of lollis and media representation, calling each other gamergaters and sjws...
We're stuck at home; that's why we're arguing on the internet.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 4, 2020 1:42 AM

Apr 2017
Thread locked because it's in violation of rule 5 of Anime Discussion board:
5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - 9 hours ago

25 by 031011 »»
43 seconds ago

» Why I won't check out anime based on PC visual novels

littlepaul1002 - 3 hours ago

12 by Lucifrost »»
29 minutes ago

» Is your waifu inspired by other waifus?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

9 by Shizuna »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » is the word "disney" plot or story a valid criticism?

deg - 8 hours ago

28 by luisfunes99 »»
43 minutes ago

» Why doesn't Hollywood take risk anymore unlike the anime industry? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Yesterday

50 by JaniSIr »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.