Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2016 3:54 PM

Dec 2012
It's fascinating how these characters, particularly Kyouko, use acting to communicate. They've only shown glimpses of that drama and yet I was completely sucked into Kyouko's performance as Mio. I actually wanted to find out more about her. As an actor, Skip Beat has certainly been relatable. These last 2 episodes, however, have spoken the most to me in regards to character analysis and how much effort and though goes into building a three dimensional character.
Jul 3, 2016 9:00 AM
Jun 2013
This was an amazing episode. I can sense that there is a lot of character development in the side characters being left out, but it didn't take away from this episode. In fact, overall, I feel this anime has done an excellent job of focusing and showing the strengths and weakness of the protagonist. Kyoko is one of my favorite anime characters now.
Sep 25, 2016 1:33 AM

Jan 2010
I've been enjoying Skip Beat so far, but this episode features the moment that has really gotten me hyped up. It's not just because it's greatly fun and engaging, but because it's taken a position to fire at other works around it.

With regards to Dark Moon, THIS is what an adaptation should be like. THIS is what a remake should be like. It SHOULDN'T just be a rehash. As an exact duplicate, you might as well relive the original, as the most a remake could do is present the original material with updated aesthetics. I refuse to believe in perfect works, not just because of some throwaway remark regarding subjectivity, but because everything has the potential to become something better. By assuming perfection exists, it also implies that there exists a ceiling to all works in a given medium that can't be surpassed. Once a work manages to reach that apex, all that's left is for everything preceding it to piddle around, attempting to recreate the masterpiece while wallowing in a spiral of mediocrity and self-deprecation.

Anything trying to recreate another work should strive to be its own entity. By straying too close to the original, it'll fall under its shadow, left on the wayside as a pointless pretender. At the same time, becoming too different can become a demerit as well, if not a grievous mistake. An adaption or remake that's too different should, by all means, have been its own work, detached from the original property. I've seen works that, through some level of discontent or raging ambition, come into its own style and flare, yet is still shackled to the original by its name. Those are harmful as well, as they disregard the original work and its fans, making me question why they couldn't have just made something brand new.

To strike that perfect balance, it requires addressing issues of the original. Well, perhaps not issues, but moments where improvements could occur. Maybe characters could be fleshed out better. Perhaps better emphasis should be placed on certain scenes. There could be more subtlety in the writing, or perhaps a more hammy approach would be appropriate. You could even have a reorganization of scenes, various cuts and additions to help with flow, or even removal of whole portions of a series to create better focus on the most profound parts. I immediately think of Usagi Drop's anime for too many reasons.

Here, we have Kyoko's reinterpretation of Mio's character that makes sense, gives greater focus and intensity to the character, and still manages to pay respects to the original version. I can't believe I'm seeing this being both played and outright discussed within an anime. Though, while this may be a volatile comment, I don't mind a remake or adaptation that completely trashes the original. If it means creating an even greater work, then by all means, trample on the original. Toss them aside, burn them, and use their ashes to walk forward towards higher ground. However, do so with great caution, as doing so with any slip up will lead to backlash upon backlash.

...Wow, Skip Beat really gets me going. My goodness.
Dec 28, 2016 3:34 PM

Jun 2011
Holy Jesus that was intense! I find myself celebrating when Kyoko finally figured out Mio's character, it's so easy to root for Kyoko, and that's one of the best part about the series.

Now it's Ren's turn to find a breakthrough in his acting career!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 16, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
Kyouko, your acting is too good, way too good that I found it scary xD
I'll miss blonde Kyouko :(
"Signature removed"
Dec 17, 2020 9:19 AM

May 2017
I just love the way that this show portrays the acting scenes and the character's different approaches to acting. So interesting and a really unique topic for an anime to cover. And the new OP is really cool.. can't believe it all ends in 3 more episodes.. I'm going to miss it!
I'll probably check out the manga, around where the anime leaves off, but I really just like the animation sequences❤
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Nov 2016
Wow! This one was really good, a great breaking point!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM

» New season??

G3yfishy - Jun 23, 2022

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2022 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.