Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 26, 2023 5:39 PM
Aug 2022
This is survival for 8 year olds. It's soooo weak. 
I swear to god, a fuckin comedy series having no relation to survival whatsoever Saiki K and pals stranded on the island episode has more logic and thought.

You just saw the black hole appearing in the forest, why don't you have any plans and all 9 of you strolling around telling stories.
Gawd this is so annoying.

The cast shows more characters, I hope we'll see others than these morons, I'm about to drop. 
Aug 26, 2023 6:04 PM
Aug 2022
Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to  keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.
Yes this, I like encountering smart users among dumfuck fans sea.
Nov 30, 2023 1:08 AM

Nov 2023
Oof, they crashed. Oh well!
Dec 29, 2023 10:22 PM

Sep 2011
Felt it. Knew it. There has to be someone who is IN on the whole thing and I have no clue who it is. LOVE IT!
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
Dang this whole plot is so generic, and forced, nothing really exists here but a compilation of Heavily overused tropes. Not really enjoying this terrible start…

Why would they go back out in just their normal clothes after getting chased by the worm hole orb earlier? These kinds of simple logic defying actions make this show stupid. (Of which there have been multiple but this particular one was the worst offender. There is a wrong way to create fantasy - and its by simply ignoring basic logical action. You can do whatever you want in the universe you create but dont be f***ing stupid

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

349 by Xionea »»
May 15, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

237 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

352 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.