Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 7, 2019 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
@MastaJiggyWiggy
i'm the one who should apologize
i shouldn't call it 'garbage' ,i take back what i said

nah i don't blame you for finding it boring ,i'm not saying that kenja no mago is great or anything i just find the romance to be pretty cute
if arifutera didn't have a harem i would definitely enjoy it more
Feb 7, 2019 3:05 AM
Aug 2018
tragedydesu said:
@MastaJiggyWiggy
i'm the one who should apologize
i shouldn't call it 'garbage' ,i take back what i said

nah i don't blame you for finding it boring ,i'm not saying that kenja no mago is great or anything i just find the romance to be pretty cute
if arifutera didn't have a harem i would definitely enjoy it more

Ya Arifureta is almost completely lacking in romance. I may have to reevaluate both while considering that. I think the anime will be fine for a season, but going too far after him reaching Ul or whatever it's called then it would be pretty boring.
Feb 23, 2019 6:10 AM
May 2017
Nope, at the very very beginning the MC is generic, but he quickly turns into a selfish prick who kills anything that opposes him (for understandable reasons)

Towards volume 8 of the light novel he starts accepting (at least one more member of) his harem, but before that he only cares about one of them

Tldr MC isn't a generic nice guy protagonist after a certain part at the beginning, and it's pretty interesting (especially the first Arc)
Feb 24, 2019 4:24 AM
May 2015
If it's like the novel, it'll be really good in the beginning then extremely bad in the end.
Mar 22, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2018
People that keep calling anime generic must be bored of anime. Considering there's always one or a few that Call each anime generic each season
Mar 23, 2019 5:08 AM

Dec 2018
Yes, is another isekai of these who believe themselves superior just for having tortured the protagonist in the first arc so that later he becomes a badass OP anyway just because, they made him suffer or he was bullied obliges us to put ourselves on the side of the protagonist through mercy, but unlike the salty shield hero this is more honest, is a harem from the beginning and do not pretend to pretend they are his daughters and do not have idiots bothering the protagonist who do not even serve as villains since they are useless, Hajime instead faces terrible monsters and gods.
If it's better than tate no yuusha.
Mar 26, 2019 11:31 AM
Jan 2018
Fede_5000 said:
Yes, is another isekai of these who believe themselves superior just for having tortured the protagonist in the first arc so that later he becomes a badass OP anyway just because, they made him suffer or he was bullied obliges us to put ourselves on the side of the protagonist through mercy, but unlike the salty shield hero this is more honest, is a harem from the beginning and do not pretend to pretend they are his daughters and do not have idiots bothering the protagonist who do not even serve as villains since they are useless, Hajime instead faces terrible monsters and gods.

And the only isekai I know off that the mc has sex at early in the beginning 😂
Mar 28, 2019 10:55 PM

Sep 2017
Mattinator95 said:
Fede_5000 said:

wait what?? mind to give the name sir??
Mar 28, 2019 11:00 PM
Jan 2018
zalapeno said:
Mattinator95 said:

It's this series . If I remember correctly. He does it with the vampire girl
Mar 28, 2019 11:36 PM

Apr 2016
Already looks generic so yes yes it will be
Apr 6, 2019 8:47 AM

Nov 2014
I just bought this novel like last week (At least just the first one). I didn't have a reason to. I've never heard of it, and nobody recommended it to me, it just looked interesting. Now I see there's going to be an anime of it, and now I just hope the book is good.
Apr 9, 2019 2:07 PM
Jan 2019
Anyone knows how many chapters of the manga will this cover? I VE read the manga up to date (30 chapters) and i want to know if the anime s first season goes beyond that.
Apr 11, 2019 4:27 AM

Aug 2017
RAWn1 said:
Anyone knows how many chapters of the manga will this cover? I VE read the manga up to date (30 chapters) and i want to know if the anime s first season goes beyond that.

From what it looks like, about 3 volumes, so C1-C31 of the manga (it will cover past what the manga is currently at, since the manga is about 1/3 the way through the 3rd volume right now)
Apr 19, 2019 6:17 PM
Apr 2019
Mattinator95 said:
zalapeno said:

It's the beautiful and seductive vampire princess, Yue-sama! 😀
Apr 24, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2014
GSFT said:
Mattinator95 said:

Yeah, I haven't read the manga, I've been reading the novel, but towards the end of the first book, he has sex with Yue. She practically raped him.
Apr 25, 2019 4:48 AM
Apr 2019
Gohan24 said:
GSFT said:

Yeah, I haven't read the manga, I've been reading the novel, but towards the end of the first book, he has sex with Yue. She practically raped him.

She is just that great, and sometimes they will end up in their own world while ignore everything around them. I mean both of them can be together alone for the rest of their life if it is not for a certain bunny girl who join them later.
Apr 28, 2019 11:01 PM

May 2014
nerojeko said:
Here we go, another Shield Hero incoming...

"Different than other isekai"

Keep repeating that every time a popular isekai LN gets anime adaptation until you believe it
May 2, 2019 10:03 PM
Nov 2016
It starts off really well but becomes kinda generic afterwards I guess
May 10, 2019 5:26 AM
Jan 2018
Shiniela said:
This is going to be a wreck without a doubt.

And from the cover picture they seemed to have absolutely destroyed Yue's looks and Hajime's look is.. kinda... you know..

I really hope they don't try to overdo this sh*t but i'm already disappointed by 1. art, 2. genres listed, 3. they made this into an anime.

Guess i'll watch the first episode and know if i was right or not.

The art is better then it was orginally going to be
May 19, 2019 5:29 PM
Aug 2018
The visuals i am not a fan of, way to "soft" for my liking. Doesnt need to be edgy but this isnt about some sunday school kids last time I checked...
May 19, 2019 8:58 PM
May 2019
SPOILERS!!!

No, this isnt a generic anime series because 1) The MC is NOT DENSE, 2) MC has an actual love interest and bangs her like every night or so, 3) MC is NOT a WIMP who “doesn’t kill people because they have been taught a lesson,” 4) Has a consistent plot that focuses on one goal instead of switching every arc like some other series (Arifureta plot: MC just wants to go home and will kill anyone who gets in his way)
durony5rMay 19, 2019 9:55 PM
May 21, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
I read the first line of the description and have concluded that yes, this will be generic
May 21, 2019 7:44 PM

Jul 2016
Just read the second line. This is going to be generic as fuck
May 23, 2019 9:40 PM
Apr 2019
X_Weeb_X said:
SPOILERS!!!

No, this isnt a generic anime series because 1) The MC is NOT DENSE, 2) MC has an actual love interest and bangs her like every night or so, 3) MC is NOT a WIMP who “doesn’t kill people because they have been taught a lesson,” 4) Has a consistent plot that focuses on one goal instead of switching every arc like some other series (Arifureta plot: MC just wants to go home and will kill anyone who gets in his way)

1) If people said every generic anime should have a dense MC, that's mean they like the dense protagonist not the story. LN is good not only because the MC, but the plot and other characters as well

2) Of course he loves her, because she's similiar to him (being betrayed) and they're trying to survive together inside a very dangerous dungeon. And unlike MCs from other series, he is someone who wants to stay loyal to his lover (even though he will loves other girls as well)

3) He becomes like that because he is bullied, underestimated, and the worse is betrayed. He try to survives a dungeon alone and forced to eat monsters which is VERY PAINFUL. Because of that he doesn't trust other people easily and will kill anyone he considers his enemies (you should realized so far he only kill monsters, people who enslaves demi-humans, demons, god's apostles, and two traitors, while he spare many others)

4) Well, you can't blame the MC if he only wants to go home because back in Earth, he have two FUCKING PARENTS worrying and waiting for him. And while he LOVES his family above anything else, he still help a lot of people in another world, more that the others did including the supposed hero.

Once more, this series focus not only to the development of MC, but other characters' development as well. The only thing I dislikes from the MC is that he don't care about the fate of another world, and he don't care about the legacy and message left by people from the past.
May 25, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2017
Yes. Read the manga for a while. Idk how this got adapted into an anime. Truly amazes me. I'll probably try it, but this is gonna be a 6/10 anime for sure.
There is no signature...
May 25, 2019 8:01 PM

Sep 2017
NaMYAYA said:
Yes. Read the manga for a while. Idk how this got adapted into an anime. Truly amazes me. I'll probably try it, but this is gonna be a 6/10 anime for sure.
It sold well, sadly...

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
May 30, 2019 1:24 AM
Jan 2018
NaMYAYA said:

Because the Light novel has sold alot obviously
Jun 1, 2019 4:45 AM
Sep 2016
Isekai harem literally = generic

Although generic doesn't mean not unenjoyable, i liked it a lot (especially the novel) even if all its problems
Its actually kinda similar to shield hero, if you like that you'll prob like this as well

Anime is Great
Jun 1, 2019 11:50 PM

Dec 2016
Think of shield hero + slime if they had baby. Thats basically the show in a nutshell from someone who has looked into the manga and a bit of the LN. Good start but starts going downhill.
Jun 5, 2019 4:58 PM
Sep 2017
Well its harem...

So i aint watching it.

Jun 11, 2019 2:27 AM

Apr 2018
RioluChaser said:
Think of shield hero + slime if they had baby. Thats basically the show in a nutshell from someone who has looked into the manga and a bit of the LN. Good start but starts going downhill.

The similarities with shield hero are pretty clear, but I kinda don't see where ur coming from with slime. What traits were u thinking of when making that comparison?
Jun 11, 2019 3:14 AM
Sep 2018
Elegade said:
He fucks all the girls tho, so at least the MC isn't a loser.
Nah he goes for only one of them. hint: someone like Shinobu from Monogatari.
Jun 11, 2019 6:12 AM
Apr 2019
franzjpm said:
Elegade said:
He fucks all the girls tho, so at least the MC isn't a loser.

Yes, but he will love all od them (start with the overpowered bunny and followed by the others).
Jun 11, 2019 9:38 PM

Dec 2016
vhagar8 said:
RioluChaser said:

The similarities with shield hero are pretty clear, but I kinda don't see where ur coming from with slime. What traits were u thinking of when making that comparison?

I'm going base on the fact that,
Jun 12, 2019 7:54 AM
Sep 2018
RAWn1 said:

I estimate at least 3-5 volumes of Light novel?
Jun 12, 2019 7:59 AM
Sep 2018
GSFT said:
franzjpm said:

Yes, but he will love all od them (start with the overpowered bunny and followed by the others).

Char devt is fairly good tho, he ain't dense like most harem MC. Yue will always be best girl! This'll definitely fall under ecchi but enjoyable.
Jun 12, 2019 8:21 AM
Apr 2019
franzjpm said:
GSFT said:

Char devt is fairly good tho, he ain't dense like most harem MC. Yue will always be best girl! This'll definitely fall under ecchi but enjoyable.

Right? The seductive vampire princess is the best of all! Though, it pained me when the real reason of her sealing is revealed.
Jun 12, 2019 8:42 AM
Sep 2018
GSFT said:
franzjpm said:

Right? The seductive vampire princess is the best of all! Though, it pained me when the real reason of her sealing is revealed.

I've read up to volume 9 this far but still waiting for V10 and further because I'm not confident enough to read raw Jap LN. I bet by the time that they go back to Japan, harems have been legalized lol!
Jun 12, 2019 9:26 AM
Apr 2019
No, it's no yet. He has to hide the fact he is going to marries eight women and dating only one. But, a few years after return, people approve of his harem.
Jun 14, 2019 5:05 PM
Dec 2017
Hmm...maybe. I haven't read the light novel or manga or whatever the source material is but it does sound a bit generic. I do like the sound of a whole class being transported to another world though. It sounds interesting. Generic or not, this just might be a good anime.
Jun 14, 2019 5:53 PM

Sep 2017
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Hmm...maybe. I haven't read the light novel or manga or whatever the source material is but it does sound a bit generic. I do like the sound of a whole class being transported to another world though. It sounds interesting. Generic or not, this just might be a good anime.
oooooooooooooof no. You have high faith in this... stuff...

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Jun 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Dec 2017
TomatoSempai said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:
oooooooooooooof no. You have high faith in this... stuff...

I mean, why not? I don't want to rule out the possibility that this COULD be a good anime.
Jun 15, 2019 8:33 PM
Dec 2017
papsoshea said:
It becoming a pattern with this type of fantasy LN series. They are really trashy but has some edgy twist that makes a lot of people eat it up like its a godsend. Goblin Slayer. Shield Hero. Now, this.

I will admit that there have been some isekai and/or fantasy anime recently that have dark content...but I don't find them to be trashy OR edgy. Like, how would Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero be considered trashy?
Jun 16, 2019 2:49 PM
Dec 2017
papsoshea said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

I will admit that there have been some isekai and/or fantasy anime recently that have dark content...but I don't find them to be trashy OR edgy. Like, how would Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero be considered trashy?
Dark content isn't the issue. It's using dark themes for the sake of being dark. The way they handle them. When you look past the surface level of these elements, you realize that they are here for superficial reasons only - that is what makes it trashy. SH was never dark, it only used dark concepts (in a poor manner). All along, it was just another generic isekai/LN power fantasy, where the MC is amazing, the center of attention in this world, and has a little kawaii group of waifu baits.

I see what you mean as far as what makes something trashy. I can't agree with you on Shield Hero though. Dark themes can be used in all sorts of ways. They could say something about society, make you sympathize with characters, and etc. It succeeded in making me actually like and cheer on the characters in the anime. Because of this, I just can't see how the dark themes were used poorly... Then again, I suppose that Shield Hero could have failed on some level for certain people which makes the use of dark themes seem...forced, I guess?
Jun 16, 2019 4:59 PM
Dec 2017
papsoshea said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:

I see what you mean as far as what makes something trashy. I can't agree with you on Shield Hero though. Dark themes can be used in all sorts of ways. They could say something about society, make you sympathize with characters, and etc. It succeeded in making me actually like and cheer on the characters in the anime. Because of this, I just can't see how the dark themes were used poorly... Then again, I suppose that Shield Hero could have failed on some level for certain people which makes the use of dark themes seem...forced, I guess?
Out of curiosity - can you tell me what interesting things the show had to say about slavery? What commentary has it had on this subject? What message has the story told through this dark element? Does it demonize the characters who are slave owners? If so, how about the main protagonist? Or does the story only justify him? The problem I have is that the narrative doesn’t provide commentary on that, or hold up a lens to the inherently hypocritical nature of such a world. Rather, it points to “look how dark things are, enjoy hehe” and leaves it at that, while at the same time seeming to take a perverse pleasure in fulfilling fantasies of having a slave-child soldier-demi human with raccoon ears and tail. When you compare series like Berserk with Goblin Slayer, you can clearly see the difference in how Berserk handles its dark elements, let's say rape for example, compared to Goblin Slayer. The latter has it for superficial reasons. Anyway, it's cool, I will agree to disagree.

Huh. Interesting? It had nothing "interesting" to say about slavery but it clearly shows how morally wrong slavery and slave owners are. Naofumi, as much as I don't like how this sounds, "bought" Raphtalia. Despite that, he never treated her wrong. And yeah, the story itself does justify him. Oh gosh... Yeah, I see why you had problems with it. The rape and murder in Goblin Slayer was used as a way to establish the atmosphere. It's like "This is the kind of show you're about to watch." Berserk on the other hand...really does do things differently. I've heard enough to come to that conclusion. But, yeah, you're right. This has been a nice conversation. I'm glad that I've been able to notice a few things because of this.
Jun 16, 2019 5:35 PM
Jun 2019
Yes, it becomes horrible after the first dungeon.
Jun 16, 2019 5:54 PM

Mar 2019
Sakurai_Aoi said:
The rape and murder in Goblin Slayer was used as a way to establish the atmosphere. It's like "This is the kind of show you're about to watch."

However, after the anime never has that atmosphere again, and it becomes a normal and generic fantasy story, that is, nobody in the party of goblin slayer has the risk of dying or being violated which makes the first episode only be a bait and a pretentious thing.
Jun 16, 2019 7:00 PM
Dec 2017
Reddmart said:
Sakurai_Aoi said:
The rape and murder in Goblin Slayer was used as a way to establish the atmosphere. It's like "This is the kind of show you're about to watch."

However, after the anime never has that atmosphere again, and it becomes a normal and generic fantasy story, that is, nobody in the party of goblin slayer has the risk of dying or being violated which makes the first episode only be a bait and a pretentious thing.

Huh? But what about the episodes where the party members were injured? In some cases, they were on the verge on dying, especially the Goblin Slayer himself. Also, it does have that atmosphere again. You know that one episode where you see the survivors that were raped being carried off in the wagon? Heck, the main character himself is a reminder that their world is grim and that the experiences from living in that world can really affect them. I think that the adventure and fantasy elements are just added in there along with the dark atmosphere.
Jun 16, 2019 8:04 PM

Mar 2019
Sakurai_Aoi said:
Huh? But what about the episodes where the party members were injured? In some cases, they were on the verge on dying, especially the Goblin Slayer himself.

Naruto and fairy tail have the same situations where characters are very injured or are about to die and that does not make them dark in any way (even important characters get to die in naruto, which in goblin slayer only happens with a group of disposable extras)
Sakurai_Aoi said:

Also, it does have that atmosphere again. You know that one episode where you see the survivors that were raped being carried off in the wagon?

Yes, but once more it only happens with extras this characters are fillers, it's like when they tell you a war where many random people died, but the main group is fine

Sakurai_Aoi said:
Heck, the main character himself is a reminder that their world is grim and that the experiences from living in that world can really affect them. I think that the adventure and fantasy elements are just added in there along with the dark atmosphere.

The protagonist is practically the only character that behaves like this, only him suffered that trauma, if it is such a "grim" world then it should be full of people like goblin slayer, but the rest are just colorful and arrogant adventurers who despise the goblin slayer, it seems to be an exceptional case although this is the fault of the bad worldbuilding.
Jun 16, 2019 9:31 PM

Oct 2017
Just a headstart from manga reader.

If you like op edgy mc that turns extremely edgy for the sake of plot and becomes really op and badass, and maybe some cool action and interesting fighting sequence, and some really cute vampire loli and other cute girls that join the party. this series is probably for you.

If you are fed up with edgy teeneger got cute girls following his edginess , as well as looking for a meaningful story that make sense, look elsewhere.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

190 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

386 by Scootboi »»
Jun 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

175 by gmoney2000 »»
May 29, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

104 by Teemplario »»
May 6, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

108 by Teemplario »»
May 6, 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.