Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2018 1:06 PM
Nov 2016
I liked this episode more than the last one.

The monster didn't look dangerous at all.

It's kinda annoying when the show tries to be funny, it usually fails at being funny and ruins the tension of the moment.

I kinda wanted those bitchy villagers to die and what the Boss said kind of had a point so if they keep having villains that have a good point then I'll like this series.

The art is much better than your average show.
Oct 17, 2018 6:45 PM
Feb 2014
I had so much hope for this. :/ The adaptation so far is just god awful. Seth is basically a different character, and some pretty big important plot points for the future are removed/change... Sadly going to give up on this and stick to the source material.
Oct 18, 2018 11:35 AM
Sep 2017
Porenta_Fon said:
I had so much hope for this. :/ The adaptation so far is just god awful. Seth is basically a different character, and some pretty big important plot points for the future are removed/change... Sadly going to give up on this and stick to the source material.
I very agree with you, and it seems to be worse in the ep 3 since they'll talk about the first encounter between seth and alma but it's impossible as alma has lost her memories from this time, and all of that stuff which could see not important will have a MAJOR role in the futur of the series
Oct 18, 2018 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
OwlHeart said:
I'll be honest and say this is a bit boring actually. I did see the possibilities for a good anime in the first episode. Not this one. Hope the next will be better. I might be to old for this? Hahaha

yeah it seems like a show more for 13 years lmao...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2018 2:04 PM

Oct 2018
Batora07 said:
Wow... that was awful... they successfully removed ALL the humour from the first chapter, killed Seth as a character and made Jiji who's the smartest of the Bravery Quartet looked like a fucking moron...

Also like I thought they definitely removed the scene where Seth kidnap the girl and her brother to save them from the nemeses... That was so disappointing to (not) see that but also so predictable from what we've seen from the first episode.

They even removed the scene where the Bravery Quartet tried to kill Seth by removing his gloves... that's so bad.

So far the adaptation is so bad I don't even know if I want to see them butcher Seth, Mélie, Doc, Grimm and the others anymore.

The last scene was the worst with Seth able to cast a Repulse spell with his gloves on, they definitely killed him as a character seriously.
Also he once again stated he wanted to become "the best sorcerer" WHAT THE HELL ??? They seriously haven't read the manga at this point there are so much clues with only these 2 episodes to confirm this.

I'll still watch the show to see just how bad it can go from there comparing it to the source material but seriously that was so bad... I'm curious of what people who will read the manga after that will think of the show afterwards...

This is so censored as fuck I thought I watched a 4kids edited episode... (yeah that was that bad). I wonder how they'll handle the future death scenes... but I'm pretty sure that the characters will just get the flu instead of dying... <__<

It's a bit disingenuous to say that they specifically tried to kill Seth by removing his glove :

Here, Boss says that he can sell Seth's glove to replace the golden tooth he knocked loose, and that robbing corpses is "a business of the future". Then in the next page, the Nemesis pops up and Boss remarks that he had completely forgotten about it. So the act of stealing the gloves was more like looting a fallen enemy and not an actual attempt at getting Seth killed via Nemesis.
Oct 22, 2018 2:08 PM

Dec 2009
Lachiesis said:
Batora07 said:
Wow... that was awful... they successfully removed ALL the humour from the first chapter, killed Seth as a character and made Jiji who's the smartest of the Bravery Quartet looked like a fucking moron...

Also like I thought they definitely removed the scene where Seth kidnap the girl and her brother to save them from the nemeses... That was so disappointing to (not) see that but also so predictable from what we've seen from the first episode.

They even removed the scene where the Bravery Quartet tried to kill Seth by removing his gloves... that's so bad.

So far the adaptation is so bad I don't even know if I want to see them butcher Seth, Mélie, Doc, Grimm and the others anymore.

The last scene was the worst with Seth able to cast a Repulse spell with his gloves on, they definitely killed him as a character seriously.
Also he once again stated he wanted to become "the best sorcerer" WHAT THE HELL ??? They seriously haven't read the manga at this point there are so much clues with only these 2 episodes to confirm this.

I'll still watch the show to see just how bad it can go from there comparing it to the source material but seriously that was so bad... I'm curious of what people who will read the manga after that will think of the show afterwards...

This is so censored as fuck I thought I watched a 4kids edited episode... (yeah that was that bad). I wonder how they'll handle the future death scenes... but I'm pretty sure that the characters will just get the flu instead of dying... <__<

It's a bit disingenuous to say that they specifically tried to kill Seth by removing his glove :

Here, Boss says that he can sell Seth's glove to replace the golden tooth he knocked loose, and that robbing corpses is "a business of the future". Then in the next page, the Nemesis pops up and Boss remarks that he had completely forgotten about it. So the act of stealing the gloves was more like looting a fallen enemy and not an actual attempt at getting Seth killed via Nemesis.

Yeah add that to the fact he really tried to kill him after the nemesis died. But since he mentionned corpse (literally as robbing a dead body) I thought he really meant to indirectly kill him by leaving him there.
Oct 22, 2018 2:15 PM

Oct 2018
Batora07 said:
Lachiesis said:

Yeah add that to the fact he really tried to kill him after the nemesis died. But since he mentionned corpse (literally as robbing a dead body) I thought he really meant to indirectly kill him by leaving him there.

I took the "robbing corpses" thing as him really believing Seth was dead. He's a newbie who just got rekt by Jiji so that doesn't seem too out there.
Oct 22, 2018 2:17 PM

Dec 2009
Lachiesis said:
Batora07 said:

I took the "robbing corpses" thing as him really believing Seth was dead. He's a newbie who just got rekt by Jiji so that doesn't seem too out there.

Haha yeah you've got a point ^^ he probably really thought he was already dead.
Oct 25, 2018 8:05 AM

Aug 2017
I don't know who is more stupid: the citizens hating Seth, Seth or Bravery Quartet. Also, wtf with the ending.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 1, 2018 10:00 PM

Dec 2014
Nemesis appeared well this and that...even the sorcerers were bad guys hmmm
Nov 2, 2018 2:51 PM
Sep 2017
ibraheem234 said:
I think Nemesis are not like I think they are here, because, they are normally be strangely calm when you think about it, from the 1st chapter the question offre their rallye danger were as, but here I dont see this intend
Nov 3, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
JugoKun said:
ibraheem234 said:
I think Nemesis are not like I think they are here, because, they are normally be strangely calm when you think about it, from the 1st chapter the question offre their rallye danger were as, but here I dont see this intend

I get your point for now I think they were just building the point desu
Feb 5, 2019 11:24 AM
Jan 2019
Have to say it's good the bravery quartet fooled me into thinking they where the good guys got a weird feelingid episode that it wouldn't bebout of place of it was in same universe as rising of the sheild hero
Jul 29, 2019 1:37 PM
Jan 2009
Bravery Quartet guy was absolutely right. The townspeople are bigoted assholes, and the annoying yelling child should have left them all to die.
Sep 18, 2019 1:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor seth he seems to be victimized every time, he has no luck.
Sep 2, 2020 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
Nice lesson on how cold people can be there old man, well to be fair I'd probably also betray people who would put all blame on me instead of protecting them. I get the idea Seth is good at physical magic (like punches and stuff), but we'll see.

These two episodes already feel kinda dragged out tbh, kinda expected the introduction fight to already been done

Oct 24, 2023 6:18 PM
Feb 2022
Entiendo lo que dice Don Bossman. ¿Por que ayudarlos cuando te ven como un monstruo? Seguramente intento ser un héroe, pero se cruzo con esa realidad.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.