Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2018 2:58 PM
Jul 2015
LMAOO!! Oh japan you never cease to amaze me with how far your willing to go with anime lol. i mean this is good so far but it also borders on the ecchi and ridiculous with some of what they do. I mean the girls go doggy style and the guys ride there asses in that position lol what??. i mean i still enjoyed this episode but that really threw me for a loop lol. Im thinking they should add an ecchi tag to this now.
Jan 20, 2018 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
1idd0kun said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh, I have a feeling that for you, any situation with a dominant man is an offensive sexism.

The problem is the guys have the dominant role pretty much always. It's extremely rare to get the opposite, specially in mecha show. The double standard makes it sexist.

RobertBobert said:
Even when the mecha of the protagonists is controlled by the girl, and the male MC takes a passive role.

The mecha isn't controlled by the girls. The girls act as part of the robot. The guys are the pilots. This was explained this episode.

Take another look at the first episode, please. 02 in both situations was the driver, while MC held a passive role. Moreover, the show clearly shows that Hiro can not take an active role, although he clearly will be able to do it in future as a character development.

In any case, this is our society, whether you like it or not. So I'm curious, how would you like to see this? That the show avoided any allusions and showed us the society of matriarchy and dominant women?

Jan 20, 2018 3:03 PM
Mar 2013
2Matt said:
1idd0kun said:

It's just fanservice. Of course putting the girls on all fours in the cockpit is meant for their target audience (male ataku) to enjoy.

Just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's any less trashy, just saying.
Well you were educated so ill be to. A tip, shows are made for an audiance you might not be part of it so don't force yourself, people complain every day like your entiteld (generaly speaking) to what a creator should do for you no one forces people to watch it and i believe in freedom of thought :) I love how japanese are free to do what they want not like us westeners who complain about everything we see on tv shows or movies, there are animes even for homosexual people not only us etero perverts there is a lot of choice and there is nothing wrong in the show about "sexualising women" i mean its not real its just fantasy which i think its normal for man AND women. Just check out what are the biggest sexual fantasies of women lol Pirates, vampires lol
Jan 20, 2018 3:03 PM

Jan 2015
K so heres my theory. I believe that mechs are directly connected to girls' bodies.

The reason is - in the hologram communication channel girls are viewed with mechs' faces while guys are normal + only when girls are talking, mechs faces express that.

So I believe that girl is a representation of a mechs body while boy is it's mind which controls movement. Thus this is the reason why mechs look just like their female pilots, but their movement is directly coordinated by male pilots.

That could also mean that when the mech takes damage then girl's body will recieve the hit.
Jan 20, 2018 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
SSJR2 said:
LMAOO!! Oh japan you never cease to amaze me with how far your willing to go with anime lol. i mean this is good so far but it also borders on the ecchi and ridiculous with some of what they do. I mean the girls go doggy style and the guys ride there asses in that position lol what??. i mean i still enjoyed this episode but that really threw me for a loop lol. Im thinking they should add an ecchi tag to this now.

Lol, so I say, it's something on the verge of a rough fanservice and satire. But too many people continue to take this too seriously.
Jan 20, 2018 3:05 PM
Jul 2014
So the system worked exactly as I suspected, then. The female pilot serves as a physical jack into which the mind of both pilots is connected. Exactly like evangelion, only both components of the system are free to leave, rather than one of them being a soul permanently trapped in the mech permanently. Here, the "male" becomes the pilot while the mech is the avatar of the female copilot. Hence why we see comments about compatibility. In some way, the pilots must be compatible mentally and emotionally.

And, as I predicted, this system will eventually lead to significant problems later on, since this series is essentially evangelion-lite, with its focus being a different take on teenage romance, interpersonal relations, and adulthood than that taken in evangelion, which gave a much deeper introspection.

Even in this, Hiro and Ichigo's comments about the other are quite noteworthy. Hiro expects to be lead to freedom, thrust into it as though he were flying, his partner a blistering wave of energy that buoys him up and affirms his desires. He affirms himself through his partner.

Meanwhile, Ichigo appears to expect a more equal partner who mirrors her own grounded mentality. This would explain her disgust with Hiro towards the end. While both of them are headstrong, their natures are fundamentally different. Ichigo is the class mother, the watchful guardian and in Hiro she hoped to find someone who would match her and something to care for.

Instead, she found a reflection of Zero-Two, a selfish young boy bent on affirming himself at every cost who retreated into himself and felt that his duties were a cage. What Hiro displays internally, Zero-Two reflects externally, showing herself to be a whirlwind of energy, frivolousness and ego.

Jan 20, 2018 3:09 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So basically this is on giant metaphor for sex. I like it. I like it a lot.

So that's how the mech's work, the guy get a full view of the booty and he uses booty controls. Nice.

Looks like Hiro had a hard time "getting it up" for Ichigo. That's too bad considering Ichigo is pretty cute. It's clear that Zero Two knows exactly what's going on, but wanted to watch her fail. She's savage to say the least.

I'd like to see where they go from here, I really want to see Hiro and Zero Two pilot a Franxx again. Speaking of, I love the Franxx designs. We got Robo-waifus.

Also Nana is best girl.
Jan 20, 2018 3:10 PM
Jul 2009
RobertBobert said:
Take another look at the first episode, please. 02 in both situations was the driver, while MC held a passive role.

You're assuming. We don't really know this for a fact yet.

RobertBobert said:
the show clearly shows that Hiro can not take an active role

No, it only shows he couldn't get it up with Ichigo. Having the active role wasn't the problem. His lack of sexual desire for her was.

RobertBobert said:
In any case, this is our society, whether you like it or not.

It actually isn't. the real world isn't as male-dominated as fiction makes it out to be sometimes (specially anime).

RobertBobert said:
So I'm curious, how would you like to see this? That the show avoided any allusions and showed us the society of matriarchy and dominant women?

Did you even read my previous post? I said the double standard makes it sexist. You know what could really put this show on its head and fix many of its problem in one go? If Hiro was actually the one in the dog position and 002 was riding his butt. That would nicely counter balance the others, more traditional dynamics in the show. But that's not gonna happen. I doubt the staff have the balls for that.
Jan 20, 2018 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Gal3riel said:
2Matt said:

Just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's any less trashy, just saying.
Well you were educated so ill be to. A tip, shows are made for an audiance you might not be part of it so don't force yourself, people complain every day like your entiteld (generaly speaking) to what a creator should do for you no one forces people to watch it and i believe in freedom of thought :) I love how japanese are free to do what they want not like us westeners who complain about everything we see on tv shows or movies, there are animes even for homosexual people not only us etero perverts there is a lot of choice and there is nothing wrong in the show about "sexualising women" i mean its not real its just fantasy which i think its normal for man AND women. Just check out what are the biggest sexual fantasies of women lol Pirates, vampires lol

I understand everything, but some people take it so seriously that they can no longer distinguish works with real toxic messages and works, where the play with fan service is bordered on absurdity and parody. With this logic, you can go so far that Sailor Moon is a anti-male show about feminazi, and Pokemon promotes violence against animals.
Jan 20, 2018 3:12 PM
Jul 2014
RobertBobert said:
SSJR2 said:

Lol, so I say, it's something on the verge of a rough fanservice and satire. But too many people continue to take this too seriously.

An affectionate parody and satire, yes. What Hiro and Zero-Two are has already been revealed. Both are equally selfish, just in different ways, and the emotional, psychological and narrative background that this creates is very interesting.

People are also taking this far, far, far too seriously. This is fiction, ladies and gentlemen. It does not have to reflect your values. Moreover, toxic masculinity of the sort that demands that a man must dominate a woman is not what is on display here. Yes, there's more than a little ego, but the emphasis is on partnership and union, not domination. I

f you are so offended by everything you see in the show that you must rudely demand that it conform to your values so that you can "safely" watch it, then the exit is over that way, marked by the big red "x" on the upper right corner of your web browser. You don't have to watch the show, and the discussion held on this forum is frankly better off without you.
firemagnetJan 20, 2018 3:16 PM
Jan 20, 2018 3:13 PM
Nov 2016
The manner in which these mecha are piloted is not as ridiculous as it would seem at first. I know it;s 100% fanservice, but let's look at it more from the technical side.
Female pilot is acts role as a mecha body, only she has a special suit that connects her with the franxx through nrojro links near the spine and helmet.
Maintaining this connection with the mech and control mech moving and fighting would be to much for the nervous system, so she need a male pilot to relieve her
by directing franxx movements.
It is logical that both pilots must trust each other and be close to making a connection between their brain without stress and keep it during the fight.
The end of the episode showed that it is possible to female pilot, moving mech solo, but as it was mentioned that it is dangerous so I suspect that in the long run it can cause damage to the central nervous system.
The only thing I think is very strange is to connect control devices to the ass, in my opinion it should be connected to the lower part of the spine.

Anyway it's just my opinions
Jan 20, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
1idd0kun said:
RobertBobert said:
Take another look at the first episode, please. 02 in both situations was the driver, while MC held a passive role.

You're assuming. We don't really know this for a fact yet.

RobertBobert said:
the show clearly shows that Hiro can not take an active role

No, it only shows he couldn't get it up with Ichigo. Having the active role wasn't the problem. His lack of sexual desire for her was.

RobertBobert said:
In any case, this is our society, whether you like it or not.

It actually isn't. the real world isn't as male-dominated as fiction makes it out to be sometimes (specially anime).

RobertBobert said:
So I'm curious, how would you like to see this? That the show avoided any allusions and showed us the society of matriarchy and dominant women?

Did you even read my previous post? I said the double standard makes it sexist. You know what could really put this show on its head and fix many of its problem in one go? If Hiro was actually the one in the dog position and 002 was riding his butt. That would nicely counter balance the others, more traditional dynamics in the show. But that's not gonna happen. I doubt the staff have the balls for that.

That is, you did not even watch the first episode, but accuse me of the fact that I "do not understand your comments." Oh, it's a useless dialogue that needs to be stopped until it turns into a generic flame about social justice.
Jan 20, 2018 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
Who the hell is coming up with all of that?
Everything in this show is so damn sexual, not that I'm complaining...the show is fun and all, but still....pretty embarassing watch if you aint alone.
Jan 20, 2018 3:20 PM

Apr 2016
They forgot the comedy - parody tag.

Teenies Riding RO-BUTT with their D... Everybody's already waiting for the DVD uncensored version without the "controls" and I guess when they'll shoot the bad monsters, it will become "juicy", they'll feel really goooooooood! HA!

Butt of course, we are all here for the "DEEPER" ... meaning of the story.

And the poor teenagers who prefer the missionary. Nobody gave a f.... They can't drive RO-BUTT then. That was Naomi probably.
In this post apocalyptic world, it only goes from behind !!! Harsh reality, it is !

Story-telling and story so far average, Male MC's shit, it overall already looks like wasted art and animation but ... (sorry, 02) BUTT with the comedy it manages to make reading the forums entertaining at least.
Jan 20, 2018 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
HereticHunter said:
kammie7 said:

it seems like you don't understand that characters don't have to start out as tropes. characters from Eva, Gundam and other shows don't feel like tropes because they are presented as full characters and not one personality trait. Also the MC failing isn't original especially when it was obvious that he was going to fail just to prove the point that he's only compatible with 002 right now.

What the hell are you talking about? Evangelion is FULL of generic tropes. Gundam doesn't fall in this category because their characters aren't kids to begin with.
I think like domon, io, and kou are like the only adult protagonists in the franchise from the get go so not sure where your going with that. Some characters like uso from V gundam are only 13. Gundam has alot of tropes its just some of the older series started alot of modern tropes, doesnt stop later ones from following alot of them for better or worse
JizzyHitlerJan 20, 2018 3:33 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 20, 2018 3:21 PM
Jul 2009
RobertBobert said:
you did not even watch the first episode

Whatever you say, dude.

RobertBobert said:
accuse me of the fact that I "do not understand your comments."

Not really. Besides it's more like you don't want to understand.
Jan 20, 2018 3:23 PM
Jul 2014

@1idd0kun

I don't think that the problem was merely a sexual one. The way that Hiro describes it certainly suggests that it wasn't just sexual. He didn't see anything in her that he liked personally, energetically, or emotionally. From Hiro's behavior, he was expecting Ichigo to lift him up and keep him up, for her to affirm him and his sense of belonging. Instead, he notes that she "shackled me to to the ground." Remember that the defining trait of both Hiro and Zero Two is that they are ultimately selfish; they see themselves in each other, and where Hiro's response is to retreat into himself, Zero-Two's response is to force herself upon others and drag them along with her until she's satisfied. In her, Hiro saw what he felt was true freedom, which is why he can't fully connect with anything else; he's said it himself: without a purpose, without someone to lift him up and acknowledge him, he "might as well be dead."
Jan 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Styraxx said:
The manner in which these mecha are piloted is not as ridiculous as it would seem at first. I know it;s 100% fanservice, but let's look at it more from the technical side.
Female pilot is acts role as a mecha body, only she has a special suit that connects her with the franxx through nrojro links near the spine and helmet.
Maintaining this connection with the mech and control mech moving and fighting would be to much for the nervous system, so she need a male pilot to relieve her
by directing franxx movements.
It is logical that both pilots must trust each other and be close to making a connection between their brain without stress and keep it during the fight.
The end of the episode showed that it is possible to female pilot, moving mech solo, but as it was mentioned that it is dangerous so I suspect that in the long run it can cause damage to the central nervous system.
The only thing I think is very strange is to connect control devices to the ass, in my opinion it should be connected to the lower part of the spine.

Anyway it's just my opinions

You are wrong, women are weak victims, and the dominance of men in this show is deliberate sexism on the part of dirty men in 1-A and Trigger! * sarcasm mode * This show is far from works with a real toxic message, like the manga where the male school "re-educated" the lesbian MC.

firemagnet said:
RobertBobert said:

An affectionate parody and satire, yes. What Hiro and Zero-Two are has already been revealed. Both are equally selfish, just in different ways, and the emotional, psychological and narrative background that this creates is very interesting.

People are also taking this far, far, far too seriously. This is fiction, ladies and gentlemen. It does not have to reflect your values. Moreover, toxic masculinity of the sort that demands that a man must dominate a woman is not what is on display here. Yes, there's more than a little ego, but the emphasis is on partnership and union, not domination. I

f you are so offended by everything you see in the show that you must rudely demand that it conform to your values so that you can "safely" watch it, then the exit is over that way, marked by the big red "x" on the upper right corner of your web browser. You don't have to watch the show, and the discussion held on this forum is frankly better off without you.

Well, it reminds me of Mark Twain's accusations of racism. He portrayed the most stupid racism as demonstrating the fallacies of own time, but years later, some people thought he was seriously demonstrated his "real" views.
Jan 20, 2018 3:24 PM

Mar 2014
i dont like the setting of the controller unless its a pair of two girls.
Jan 20, 2018 3:27 PM

Jun 2013
Aeonenleben said:
ex_necross said:

thanks for letting us know, bye

Dude, if you have nothing to add just stay silent. He is entitled to voice his opinion.
Your random pointless reply is just sad.

Pot, meet kettle.
Jan 20, 2018 3:29 PM

Apr 2012
ButtSlapper said:
i dont like the setting of the controller unless its a pair of two girls.

Well, it seems that the concept of patriarchal "marriage" rejects this, but I too would not refuse. Especially then 02 showed that the girl can also be a leader.
Jan 20, 2018 3:34 PM

Feb 2014
This show really has the best OP this season. That visual and eerie tune to it is really something.
And Zero Two And Zero Sixteen should really hit it off soon. They're the coolest pairing!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 20, 2018 3:35 PM
Jul 2009
RobertBobert said:
Well, it reminds me of Mark Twain's accusations of racism. He portrayed the most stupid racism as demonstrating the fallacies of own time, but years later, some people thought he was seriously demonstrated his "real" views.

Are you seriously comparing A-1's trashy writing to Mark Twain? No wonder you think the show is not reveling in its trashiness.
Jan 20, 2018 3:35 PM
Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
Gal3riel said:

I understand everything, but some people take it so seriously that they can no longer distinguish works with real toxic messages and works, where the play with fan service is bordered on absurdity and parody. With this logic, you can go so far that Sailor Moon is a anti-male show about feminazi, and Pokemon promotes violence against animals.
I agree with your point.
Jan 20, 2018 3:36 PM
Jul 2016
Todd_ said:

So that's how the mech's work, the guy get a full view of the booty and he uses booty controls. Nice.

Looks like Hiro had a hard time "getting it up" for Ichigo. That's too bad considering Ichigo is pretty cute. It's clear that Zero Two knows exactly what's going on, but wanted to watch her fail. She's savage to say the least.

Well 02 have already many partners so she is experienced girl. First she shows herself completely nude, next kisses guy. Always works.
On the other hand Ichigo is super virgin, can't even kiss guy properly. No surprise it didn't work out.
Jan 20, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2015
-Stray said:
And now we got the typical "bratty character whose full of himself" only to get disgraced when MC gets his shit together... oh boy... the cliches are so.... bad...
not that Im saying being cliche is over all bad but it depends on how its handled, and this show aint handling it very well.

That did not happen though. I remembered watching them both lose the mock fight. Half of your argument has not had time to occur in the show yet. Don't judge this episode on what your cynicism says this episode will lead to. Not yet at least.
Jan 20, 2018 3:38 PM
Sep 2017
My Thoughts:
The OP is great imo! Got me hyped like no one's business, but.. Definitely not near as good as the first episode in my opinion.
That one guy who hit Hiro with the basketball is SUPER annoying and practically just a downgraded version of Ranta from Grimgar.
02 not getting to pilot with Hiro sucked. While I like Ichigo, especially with her interaction with the cat early in the episode, she does not mix with Hiro whatsoever and is sorta a nuisance with how she treats 02.
The way they pilot the bots is also really wierd and unnecessarily fanservice-y?
Yeah...
Definitely killed all the great vibes I got from the first episode with it's amazing symbolism of two opposites joining to make something great. It can apply to the bird species that hit the window and can't fly on it's own. It can apply to 02 and Hiro. It can even apply to the studios joining, A-1 and Trigger.
Episode 2 didn't have much to offer, and I'm gonna lower my rating to an 8. Hopefully Episode 3 can save this show, because I wish that it'll beat out Grimgar in my eyes in regards to favorite anime.
Jan 20, 2018 3:39 PM
Jan 2016
I really don't know how people r loving this, this feels like badly executed neon genesis Evangelion, the problem is its super high tech but goes not feel grounded whatsoever. Ghost in the shell, Blade Runner, the original neon genesis a grounded world so you feel its more real. This show seems painfully average, where witch academia just too much generic personality the biggest problem was the protagonist, but stylish and fancy this has only 1 likable character 02, because she has a personality where everyone else is just archetypes of their character design. like the cartoon villain in this episode is obnoxious to say the least, i thought trigger has learned from their mistakes in witch academia and learn from it this shows else wise. The weirdly sexual shots does not suit, in Evangelion, the girls in their suits r sexy sure, but do not blandly show it to you. I will give this 6 episodes as its a 24 episode anime and presume they would be no 2nd season. Tell me if I'm wrong
Jan 20, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2009
firemagnet said:
I don't think that the problem was merely a sexual one. The way that Hiro describes it certainly suggests that it wasn't just sexual. He didn't see anything in her that he liked personally, energetically, or emotionally. From Hiro's behavior, he was expecting Ichigo to lift him up and keep him up, for her to affirm him and his sense of belonging. Instead, he notes that she "shackled me to to the ground." Remember that the defining trait of both Hiro and Zero Two is that they are ultimately selfish; they see themselves in each other, and where Hiro's response is to retreat into himself, Zero-Two's response is to force herself upon others and drag them along with her until she's satisfied. In her, Hiro saw what he felt was true freedom, which is why he can't fully connect with anything else; he's said it himself: without a purpose, without someone to lift him up and acknowledge him, he "might as well be dead."

Hiro didn't know 002 as a person. He just felt she could take him "out of the cage" through her kiss. I interpret this as the liberating and explosive sensation of feeling sexual desire for the first time. Ichigo couldn't provide that sexual feeling with her kiss because Hiro felt guilty when they kissed (as he himself reveals). Why he felt guilty is up in the air. Maybe he felt that he was betraying his friend (that glasses dude). In any case, he couldn't feel any sexual desire and as a result he felt he was falling into the cage all over again.
1idd0kunJan 20, 2018 3:43 PM
Jan 20, 2018 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
SaundersB said:
Todd_ said:

Well 02 have already many partners so she is experienced girl. First she shows herself completely nude, next kisses guy. Always works.
On the other hand Ichigo is super virgin, can't even kiss guy properly. No surprise it didn't work out.

Well, if you consider Hiro as expy of Shinji as TVTrops offers, then his interest in tomboy girls and strange hints of feminine behavior take a new turn. I'll laugh a lot if the show has its own Kaoru, and 02 will start to control mecha along with Ichigo.

Jan 20, 2018 3:48 PM
Jan 2017

Tone-deaf. Hamfisted dialogue, oddly serious, combination of anime clichés, scenes we have seen millions of times like with the mysterious council, practice fight, etc. Fanservice that's completely irrelevant to the plot(A-1's M.O. at this point) And Hiro comes back with his monologues. It gives little to no indication that it will subvert these tropes it shoves down the viewers throat.

Design is hard work, the doggystyle cockpits are not going anywhere.
Jan 20, 2018 3:50 PM

Mar 2011
I actually enjoyed the first episode a lot despite it being generic in almost every aspect. Unfortunately I did not enjoy the second episode at all.
Jan 20, 2018 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
GreenEmu said:
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Gorou is a very good man and a very cool Bro to the MC, so I think he doesn't deserve such a disloyal and cheating girl like Ichigo as a partner.

If I am him, I no longer want to be partnered with a girl that has no hesitations kissing another guy. Go and fucking partner with Hiro if you like him so much !!! Of course, that is if Hiro even considers you as his Darling in the first place, as Hiro seems more attracted to Zero Two than Ichigo.

I hate Ichigo for betraying and cheating on Gorou, so I hope both Gorou and Zero Two would both cooperate and do a double beat-down on Ichigo. Fuck Ichigo ! She is now the girl I hate the most in Anime. Traitorous cheater ! I hope she dies in this show !

Calm down bro. Ichigo didn't "cheat" on anyone. Just because she's paired up with Goro doesn't mean they are in an actual romantic relationship despite all the blatant symbolism. Also why would 02 get involved? She's shown she doesn't care about the rest of them or their drama, she only cares about Hiro since he's her darling.

That aside, I wanted to like this show but the whole romance drama angle that they've started is already making my eyes roll. Hopefully they get it out of the way soon and don't drag it on for the entirety of the show. Otherwise I'll just drop this.

I'm just letting you an piece of advice to not really try to expect any response from him since he's going to be ignorant and repeat the same thing x.x
Jan 20, 2018 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
Frodock42 said:
-Stray said:
And now we got the typical "bratty character whose full of himself" only to get disgraced when MC gets his shit together... oh boy... the cliches are so.... bad...
not that Im saying being cliche is over all bad but it depends on how its handled, and this show aint handling it very well.

That did not happen though. I remembered watching them both lose the mock fight. Half of your argument has not had time to occur in the show yet. Don't judge this episode on what your cynicism says this episode will lead to. Not yet at least.

Well yeah, thanks for pointing out the obvious Einstein.
Jan 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Nov 2015
Quick bet: once we officially see Hiro and 02 actually piloting, Hiro's gonna be the one bending over.
Jan 20, 2018 4:08 PM
Sep 2015
Was really about to drop the show with the way they have these girls piloting the machines. Looks like they getting hit doggy style... Another show where we need to sexualize 14-year-old girls smh.
Jan 20, 2018 4:15 PM
Jul 2009
delta5 said:
Quick bet: once we officially see Hiro and 02 actually piloting, Hiro's gonna be the one bending over.

I take the bet. What do I get if I win?
Jan 20, 2018 4:16 PM
Jul 2009
T27 said:
Was really about to drop the show with the way they have these girls piloting the machines. Looks like they getting hit doggy style... Another show where we need to sexualize 14-year-old girls smh.

They know what their target audience wants.
Jan 20, 2018 4:18 PM

Nov 2015
1idd0kun said:
delta5 said:

Well, if I'm wrong then you get a big kiss from Zorome. =)

Jan 20, 2018 4:20 PM
Jul 2017
without dramatic booty shots, it is not trigger
Jan 20, 2018 4:20 PM
Jul 2009
delta5 said:
1idd0kun said:

Well, if I'm wrong then you get a big kiss from Zorome. =)

That's not doki doki at all. lol
Jan 20, 2018 4:22 PM
Jul 2009
i_am_not_a_robot said:
without dramatic booty shots, it is not trigger

This show is more A-1 than Trigger though. Not that they're afraid of butt shots.
Jan 20, 2018 4:24 PM
Sep 2015
1idd0kun said:
T27 said:

They know what their target audience wants.
So that makes it okay to sexualize children..?
Jan 20, 2018 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
It´s fun how everybody is so butt hurt by the piloting and your views on sexism. (flowers and sex) And you can not even be happy or say anything that the best character for this "sexist show" and for a long time against other show. Is a strong FEMALE lead and the main guy is a wimp. You have a cool strong girl that takes what she wants, kicks ass and dominate a guy more or less with a fun personality.

Even when there are strong women you find something else to cry about. :P

People need to laugh more at FICTION in life. Or you can die crying and become sad people over a fiction cartoon.
Jan 20, 2018 4:28 PM
Nov 2016
Sexualize young girls I think that is popular in the anime.
Jan 20, 2018 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
T27 said:
So that makes it okay to sexualize children..?

Depends on what you consider children. I don't consider the cast from Darling in the Franxx as children, so yeah, i'm very much ok with them being sexualized.

Sweanime said:
It´s fun how everybody is so butt hurt by the piloting and your views on sexism. (flowers and sex) And you can not even be happy or say anything that the best character for this "sexist show" and for a long time against other show. Is a strong FEMALE lead and the main guy is a wimp. You have a cool strong girl that takes what she wants, kicks ass and dominate a guy more or less with a fun personality.

Even when there are strong women you find something else to cry about. :P

People need to laugh more at FICTION in life. Or you can die crying and become sad people over a fiction cartoon.

I like you.
Jan 20, 2018 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Episode was boring. Fanservice is okay. We are used to it. But I didn't like the other guy that wanted to be their enemy in the training. (Annoying char.)

Also it feels as if they want to make this a show with focus on training and the life of the chars outside of the fights. I have a bit that feeling ... and if they do it like this I'll be bored. (Don't like the chars that much and Trigger only had boring plot/chars in Kiznaiver ... and Kill La Kill was good but mainly because of the action and music.)

I hope episode 3 will be better and fights against those monsters. Please no boring talk about the training and that "papa" guy. (They look a bit like Ku Klux Klan those top/leader guys there lol.)

Episode 1 was interesting because new setting/chars. Episode 2 worse. (Annoying other char. Only the MC + main girl + the blue haired girl are good.)
Jan 20, 2018 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
Not very impressed, while everyone likes 02, I am not really impressed with her either. Hiro is so bland and annoying I feel like slapping this guy half of the time, he is just like the MC from Kiznaiver whom I ended up hating. Overly sexualized "controls"
Jan 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2017
So I've noticed there's a character with tiny man rage... Yay tiny person!

However there is something I'm not agreeing with;
This is weird, This is definitely weird right!

Ima just let ever'body absorb that image (the sentence with this image was on point tho 😅😂😂)

That ain't even the worst part. I get that sometimes in mecha animes they follow the theory that the strain is just too great on an individual so there's a need for partners, or male-female duos... What took the biscuit was the fact the controls came from her ass, like why there
And those sounds by mini man's partner didn't help either
Jan 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
I get hella Eva vibes from this one.

I think I just saw Asuka. Or well, the girl Zorome piloted with extremely resembles Asuka.

Also, the way the leaders discussed with each other in a circular position reminded me of how NERV from Evangelion operated.

As for this episode, I hate the fact that the MC is still a wimp. I would of been super glad if he whooped Zorome's ass when he got hit with the ball.

Ichigo jealous as fuck! I prefer Zero Two anyway and she's best girl of this anime.

I also really feel the way girls lay when piloting a mecha.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.