Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2018 11:02 AM

Oct 2014
I see. So it's basically connecting two human backbones into one nervous system.
I see where the kissing and "doggy s*x inside a robot" come from.

ps. I couldn't care less about the squad leader girl, though. She's no better than that s*x-crazed b****.
Jan 20, 2018 11:03 AM
Mar 2017
Im extremely confused by the statement "You were awful"

But other than that it was an actually alright episode 4/5
Jan 20, 2018 11:04 AM

Jan 2016
Can they stop with the childhood friend jealous of the new weird girl archetype geezz

First Chidori from Kiz and now Ichigo albiet I like Ichigo a lot more because she's smart.

Episode was a letdown. All the side characters are tropey, not enough zero two, too much of that annoying shit (You know who) and i feel like i know how the whole show will go now.
Jan 20, 2018 11:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kujou_Kurisu said:
That is the most interesting way to pilot a mecha i've ever seen. Especially the conrtol module. The girl just lift up their ass and let the pilot savor the view. If i were the pilot, i'll be dead the second when i faced the klaxosaur, because you know why.

If ichigo did have feelings for Hiro, then i feel bad for her because obviously Zero Two is the best girl in the series. (Okay that doesn't make sense)

Let's see how things turn out in the next episode. I hate the wait

LMAO

Really distracting view, but seems like 002 did it differently, it was not doggy style but more like cat position!! I m sure that full fronto and the kiss for foreplay are the secret ingredients in connecting really good!

Jokes aside, I kinda wanna punch that little brat, what an annoying fucker.
That Ichigo girl really want to cheat on the blond dude for real, she probably has a crush on MC, but seems like 002 doesnt mind since she is too confident on her own skills, that no one will take her darling from her, she does have some really interesting qualities to herself, I mostly find her personality very very amusing.

So far, I m loving everything, the OP felt kinda neat, and the show is going in the direction I wanted it go for with the MC and mister best girl. What got me into Pandora Hearts was actually that while wanting for this one, people compared PH (Oz and Alice) with to the first pics we got for this series:

We often dont get such an unique and twisted relationship between both MCs so I m hoping this keeps going throught that shit and explodes and turns in a bunch of insane mindfucks and gore~~
Jan 20, 2018 11:06 AM
Jan 2011
G-Pele23 said:
I completely agree with Ichigo statement: „Hiro, you were awful”.

Wow. Way to kill a man's ED. That's a killer line right there.

But yeah Hiro - you were awful.
Jan 20, 2018 11:11 AM

Mar 2017
nobody told me this was going to be a teenage love story -.-
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 20, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2015
It seems that MC's best friend's partner, Ichigo, does not consider her partner as her boyfriend but likes the MC instead.

However, MC-Zero Two will become an Official Couple, and Ichigo will have to accept that fact and consider improving relations with her bespectacled male partner to the point of them being lovers.

This show must not devolve into Love Triangles or god forbid....Harems, so I hope the only girl that likes MC will remain only Zero Two for the rest of the show.

Rest of the other girls can flirt with their respective male partners, just like in Kenja no Mago, where MC's best friend has one loyal girl who's his fiance that loves him just as much as MC's girl loves MC.

Let's hope that other girls will love their partners and flirt as much with their male partners just as how Zero Two will love and flirt much with the MC. That way, none of the other girls will disturb MC-Zero Two's lovey dovey darling-honey relationship. "Honey, I'm home". "Kyaahh!!!" XD XD It's very sweet here LOL.
CoolitzHubertXVIJan 20, 2018 11:15 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jan 20, 2018 11:12 AM
Mar 2015
Poor Ichigo Her kiss does nothing for Hiro but make him feel guilty It almost appears as if the pair stamen and pistil are having sex doggie style. There was a cohemplain about the girl making noises and the brat was proud of the fact that he finished first
landofthekwtJan 20, 2018 12:01 PM
Jan 20, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2010
Jessiegg said:
Yriel said:

I think thats the point why she can pilot with hiro though, hiro seems more like someone who's passive and thats why he cant get to pilot the mecha with the other girls which are all more in some kind of "supporting" role.

Since 002 takes charge and is confident in her ability to fuck shit up, she works perfectly with hiro who seems like he's a "supporter" at least thats the impression I got from this EP.

That's fair enough. I just hate her attitude, like she knows better than anyone else on earth how anything works. She could take charge with Hiro without being like that.

Odds are actually pretty damn good at this point that ZeroTwo actually DOES know a hell of a lot more than any of the parasite kids we've been introduced to so far. She wasn't trapped in a nursery all of her life after all, is a personal acquaintance of the dirty old fart who invented the Franxx, AND has had multiple partners already.

Evank1999 said:
I mean wow... they didn't even try to be subtle. This show is just one giant sex metaphor and I love it.

/thumbsup :D I guess I'm not the only one who is fine with the longstanding relationship of Giant Robots + Sexually Themed Piloting.

I brought up Godannar in the Ep1 thread, but I can't believe that no one else has brought up Aquarion yet. >.>

deadman80Jan 20, 2018 11:49 AM
Jan 20, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2017
If the pacing of this show ends up being anything like Kill La Kill (ik this isn't a 100% trigger show) then I can see next episode being the one where Hiro gets with 02 again and officially becomes her partner in a similar fashion as to how Ryuko finally "gets" how to use Senketsu. While I enjoyed getting the characterization of the other cast, I kinda want them to get to the point with 02 and Hiro.

On another note, I can definitely see this show being a metaphor for role reversal relationships (female is dominant/initiator and male is more submissive/receiver). Hiro can't seem to take the lead when piloting the franxx, but when 02 comes around and initiates with him, it worked out.

I really wonder if the inside of 02's franxx is different from what we've seen so far. Maybe she's in the pilot seat while Hiro is in the doggy position? There's something going on in her franxx that's different from all the others.

Either way I really want to like this show but it seems like it isn't really capitalizing on the interesting parts of it and is clinging a bit to the ln tropes. Maybe they'll break more away as time goes on and relationships develop.
_ghostCandleJan 20, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 20, 2018 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
I'm surprised by what I found in this thread. I watched what seems to be setting up for some great metaphors concerning the sexual pressure in romance felt by young people.
But everyone else seems to have focused on the character troupes and only seen the metaphors as "lol dogystyle fanservice".
In my experience with shows like kill la kill and TTGL this could go places
Jan 20, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2016
I'm pretty sure this anime is going to get in trouble for being sexist LOL
the sex metaphors seemed kind of out of place in this series that seems like its trying to be taken more seriously
I probably won't stick around for this one
Jan 20, 2018 11:20 AM
Jun 2014
Oh boy, chapter 2 and Ichigo is being NTR'd... "I felt nothing".
Hating the annoying brat Zorome, hope he dies soon.

Good show so far.
Jan 20, 2018 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
SamBlack said:
I'm pretty sure this anime is going to get in trouble for being sexist LOL
the sex metaphors seemed kind of out of place in this series that seems like its trying to be taken more seriously
I probably won't stick around for this one

Seeing like sexuality is one of the main points of this plot and you can see tons of hints of critizicing traditional sexual roles in society I wouldnt be suprised if a lot of people are too stupid to see this and start shouting "LUL SEXISM" yeah.
Jan 20, 2018 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
DuskSymphony said:

Maybe she's in the pilot seat while Hiro is in the doggy position? There's something going on in her franxx that's different from all the others.

Let's hope they make it happen. This could be funny. Kill la Kill style.

I really don't want kids drama between Hiro, the previous partner that survived and Ichigo. Let's move back to the survival of the human race.

AdrianRubinskyJan 20, 2018 11:27 AM
Jan 20, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2013
The way of piloting the FranXX is... interesting, to say the least. But, then again, considering the dude who made them...
Jan 20, 2018 11:28 AM
Dec 2017
So I really like the world they are building. Looks cool and Sci-Fi just how I like it.

But wtf is wrong with those mechas ... I feel like they do not really fit the aesthetic of the rest of the world, and don't even get me started on how they are being piloted ... I mean ... umhh ...

Not to mention that the console for the controls of one of those test-franxx that hiro piloted was also shaped like an ass ... that's when I lost it.

I really wish it would be less ... sexualised. That would greatly improve the show for me. I have no problem with the kissing, but doggy style ... kinda feels awkward and very cringey to watch if I am honest.
Jan 20, 2018 11:30 AM

Dec 2015
So piloting the Franxx's is just a whole giant metaphor for having sex huh... classic Trigger/Gainax.

Hiro still continues to be an unlikeable, unsympathetic blank slate of character. Hopefully we get more insight on his backstory or else I am going lose complete investment in him as the main protagonist.

Anyways, this episode manages to be a little more enjoyable for me than the last. I'm starting to like our colorful cast of "parasites" and how they bounce off each other in their interactions. It reminded me of cast of Kiznaiver, and the lively character dynamics was the main reason why I continued on with that show. Hopefully, this series can do the same.

I still don't know how I feel about Zero Two, but at least she is a breath of fresh air from the generic, bitchy, tsundere with no chill character that accompanies our main characters. I, however, REALLY do not like Ichigo at the moment. She just seems like a very unpleasant character. The mechas' designs are also very colorful and creative. Maybe their designs are a bit TOO ostentatious for my taste, and don't really blend in well with drab and boring setting... oh well.

The more I watch this, the more I get the feeling that this might just end up being a cheap, plastic, modernized version of NGE. Everything from the the parallels of Klaxosaurs to and Angels, the "synchronization system", the "ominous, masked counsel" and sinister papa who oversees everything, to the orange holographs that permeate the show to display random bars and statistics all remind me too much of NGE.

I'll keep watching, mainly for the nice visuals than the story for now. Maybe that will change later down the line. Let us see.

Oh yeah, also the visuals for the OP and ED are sweet and stylish. I also especially like the song that goes with ED. I assume the voice actors sang it?
HibikaseJan 20, 2018 8:55 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 20, 2018 11:31 AM
Nov 2017
Everybody is about to sit here and talk about how it’s “ tropey “ when they don’t understand every character in every series starts off as some type of trope and is fleshed out into their own person . Usually when they do a mock battle for the first time the MC actually wins and this time he wasn’t even able to fight and failed miserably so the series isn’t generic .
Jan 20, 2018 11:34 AM
Jul 2015
I hated the fact that Ichigo's first kiss is not with her male partner, but with the MC.

Any anime where 2 girls likes the MC seems like an uncomfortable and disgusting setting, since my current level of toleration is only for 1 girl to like the MC, let alone kissing the MC.

For example, in the Manga Kenja no Mago, only 1 girl likes the MC there, and only she alone will be the only girl that will kiss that MC in the mouth for the rest of the show.

Gorou just got NTR'ed here in terms of First Kiss. If I'm him, I want to dump Ichigo and request a new female partner. I don't need a female partner whom I'm supposed to entrust my life in battle with kissing another guy. I mean, if he likes the guy so much, then just leave me and go partner with that guy instead ! I don't need a female partner that likes another guy. Gorou, he deserves his own girl loyal to him, just like Elly is loyal to MC's best friend in Kenja no Mago.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jan 20, 2018 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Potentially good ep ruined by the forced harassment by the short guy and mc not doing anything about it.
Jan 20, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
ichii_1 said:
Potentially good ep ruined by the forced harassment by the short guy and mc not doing anything about it.

They literally were about to beat the shit out of each other and got seperated by the others. I think Hiro wanted to do something about that shittalking brat.
Jan 20, 2018 11:40 AM

Aug 2017
Yup, this is gonna be one of those anime's where I'll feel bad for a character instead of enjoying it. Just what happened with SAO and Guilty Crown for me.
Jan 20, 2018 11:43 AM
Jul 2015
Gorou is a very good man and a very cool Bro to the MC, so I think he doesn't deserve such a disloyal and cheating girl like Ichigo as a partner.

If I am him, I no longer want to be partnered with a girl that has no hesitations kissing another guy. Go and fucking partner with Hiro if you like him so much !!! Of course, that is if Hiro even considers you as his Darling in the first place, as Hiro seems more attracted to Zero Two than Ichigo.

I hate Ichigo for betraying and cheating on Gorou, so I hope both Gorou and Zero Two would both cooperate and do a double beat-down on Ichigo. Fuck Ichigo ! She is now the girl I hate the most in Anime. Traitorous cheater ! I hope she dies in this show !

Jan 20, 2018 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
ex_necross said:
MetaThPr4h said:
Looks like Kill la Kill is still the only Trigger anime I like, I can't stand the characters, with the main duo being the worst of them, the random fanservice is so unnecesary, the mecha designs are ugly as fuck... I really don't have anything positive to say of this first two episodes, and this time I won't stick to two cours of this as I did with LWA for some dumb reason.

thanks for letting us know, bye

Dude, if you have nothing to add just stay silent. He is entitled to voice his opinion.
Your random pointless reply is just sad.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jan 20, 2018 11:52 AM
Jul 2012
That was an interesting way to pilot a mech. But with 24 episodes this could potentially be a really fun series.
Jan 20, 2018 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
@BluePikmin11 nice catch! Though I maybe have to add that both Zero Two and Lala are inspired by legendary character from the Urusei Yatsura, Lum. It's not a secret that To Love Ru, by Yabuki Kentaro who also draws the Darling in the Franxx manga, is inspired by Urusei Yatsura. And Atsushi Nishigori himself said Zero Two is inspired by Lum, hence why she calls Hiro "darling" and why she has horn.

@isekai I think XX comes from the sex chromosome where two same sec chromosomes (XX) determine the female gender.

Anyway, before this discussion turns into another silly debate whether Trigger is the mastermind behind this anime's concept, let me clarify something.

This is what I gathered from reading the interviews, watching behind the scene episode, and credits.

My comment for this episode:
It's really fun episode. Some character inteactions become clear to us. I get some basic ideas of caharacter's personality.

Ichigo is the leader, she's cool headed though when it comes to Hiro she sometimes act differently. i think she's not conscious that she likes Hiro, for now at least.

Goro (Ichigo's partner) is a mood maker in the group. He supports Hiro and . He also has caring personality and quite mature. While he's a good partner for Ichigo (he also cares about Ichigo), Goro doesn't mind that Ichigo partnered with Hiro for the test.

Zorome and Miku also have unique personalities. Chatty, and hates to lose, though Zorome is more childish than Miku.

Hiro himself, is not a wimp, he takes the opportunity, ready to fight and showed his own will to pilot Franxx. Though for some reason, he can get it up with other girls except Zero Two.

In the official description, Hiro is described as prodigy, but he never had partner that can brings his full potential.

Not sure where the story is going, it seems we will see serious action against Kyoryu in next episode. And maybe that's when Hiro and Zero Two will prove that they're the perfect together.

Kinda feels bad for Ichigo though, she's desperate to protect her own squad and ego from outsider (Zero Two), but in the end she can't get fully synchronized with Hiro.

Oh also, saw silly discussion about NTR'd and such.
They are raised in orphanage, moreover in post-apocalyptic world. The kids hardly know any emotion called love. They are raised as a pair to fight the Kyoryu. And as long as they able to fight (fully synchronized with their partner), they're okay with it.

Sure they have emotion, but its like they have yet discover the emotion called love. They have affection for their partner, but not really conscious about it. Protecting each other is an obvious task, especially their own partner, since it means their chance at surviving.

Goro, the most mature character in the squad, not only thinking his own partner, but the squad as a whole. Hence why he's glad that Hiro able to pilot Franxx again, and he wants to help Hiro to prove that Hiro's still useful. Maybe because he knows that Hiro's a prodigy, and if he can join the fight, their survival chance will raise.

So yeah, Ichigo isn't cheating. She doesn't even know what a kiss is. Also, as a squad leader, it's her job to protect the member. That's why she against the idea an outsider like Zero Two partnered with Hiro (she could've kill Hiro in the process as rumor said). Maybe why you guys see it as cheating because Ichigo is subsconciously have a personal affection to Hiro, and she's desperate to prove her point that she can brings Hiro's potential to pilot Franxx too.

Remember that Ichigo number is 15 and Hiro is 16? Maybe they have been together since "created" hence why Ichigo shows her emotion the most when it comes to Hiro.

kyuudereJan 20, 2018 12:10 PM
Jan 20, 2018 11:54 AM
Aug 2017
MonkeyDJasper said:
Everybody is about to sit here and talk about how it’s “ tropey “ when they don’t understand every character in every series starts off as some type of trope and is fleshed out into their own person . Usually when they do a mock battle for the first time the MC actually wins and this time he wasn’t even able to fight and failed miserably so the series isn’t generic .

it seems like you don't understand that characters don't have to start out as tropes. characters from Eva, Gundam and other shows don't feel like tropes because they are presented as full characters and not one personality trait. Also the MC failing isn't original especially when it was obvious that he was going to fail just to prove the point that he's only compatible with 002 right now.
Jan 20, 2018 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Gorou is a very good man and a very cool Bro to the MC, so I think he doesn't deserve such a disloyal and cheating girl like Ichigo as a partner.

If I am him, I no longer want to be partnered with a girl that has no hesitations kissing another guy. Go and fucking partner with Hiro if you like him so much !!! Of course, that is if Hiro even considers you as his Darling in the first place, as Hiro seems more attracted to Zero Two than Ichigo.

I hate Ichigo for betraying and cheating on Gorou, so I hope both Gorou and Zero Two would both cooperate and do a double beat-down on Ichigo. Fuck Ichigo ! She is now the girl I hate the most in Anime. Traitorous cheater ! I hope she dies in this show !

Calm down bro. Ichigo didn't "cheat" on anyone. Just because she's paired up with Goro doesn't mean they are in an actual romantic relationship despite all the blatant symbolism. Also why would 02 get involved? She's shown she doesn't care about the rest of them or their drama, she only cares about Hiro since he's her darling.

That aside, I wanted to like this show but the whole romance drama angle that they've started is already making my eyes roll. Hopefully they get it out of the way soon and don't drag it on for the entirety of the show. Otherwise I'll just drop this.
Jan 20, 2018 12:01 PM
May 2015
Swagernator said:
Come on show, you got the fucking potential to be something like 9th episode of TTGL don't disappoint me! The MC for now really look like another generic wimpy, useless, retarded, dense, without balls and spine for good nothing loser - i hope it get better.

The same goes for the site characters because they are ridiculously cliche:

- childhood friend ? check
- oujo-sama character ? check
- idol girl ? check
- student council president girl ? check

But Holy Tits those mecha designs are absolutely sick! Also i like how is that the males are the main pilots here but the whole concept of those mecha machines is designed to look just like female pilots, also that "butt controls" are hilarious.

Can't wait for someone to call this show to be sexist. Also the ED is great.
gurren lagann was garbage until the 9th episode

franxx has had a much better start
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 12:02 PM
May 2015
MetaThPr4h said:
Looks like Kill la Kill is still the only Trigger anime I like, I can't stand the characters, with the main duo being the worst of them, the random fanservice is so unnecesary, the mecha designs are ugly as fuck... I really don't have anything positive to say of this first two episodes, and this time I won't stick to two cours of this as I did with LWA for some dumb reason.
kill la kill has the worst characters of any trigger show lmao good riddance
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
interesting show. the girls pose is silly. 02 is ♥
karmashizzleJan 20, 2018 12:08 PM

Feb 2016
kammie7 said:
MonkeyDJasper said:

it seems like you don't understand that characters don't have to start out as tropes. characters from Eva, Gundam and other shows don't feel like tropes because they are presented as full characters and not one personality trait. Also the MC failing isn't original especially when it was obvious that he was going to fail just to prove the point that he's only compatible with 002 right now.

What the hell are you talking about? Evangelion is FULL of generic tropes.
CrimsonWandererJan 20, 2018 6:18 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall

Jun 2014
Well that was certainly a....unique way to pilot a mecha. Typical Trigger, giving no fucks.

Also, fuck that annoying little brat that keeps harassing the MC. He probably won't die.....but I hope he dies.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2018 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
Fappa said:
BluePikmin11 said:
Watching this is like seeing Trigger trapped in A-1's birdcage. The Trigger talent is still there with some of the energetic characters and the great animation. But, it feels like A-1 is moderating too much of Trigger's decisions, that the result ends up making Darling less fun than what it is suppose to be.

Jesus christ, I wish this meme or even worse actual misconception would die already. On paper it's a A-1 show FEATURING Trigger, if you dig deeper it's Ex Gainax staff all over the place. Trigger does not hold creative control outside of mech designs and action storyboards. Heck, even the so good animation you're praising has been solely done by A-1 staff which again is mostly Ex Gainax staff. Seriously, if we start some sort of studio elitism, at least let's do it properly.

Thank god there's actually people here who know this. I can't believe how people are saying misconception things like that in the internet. It's fucking embarrassing seeing this.
Jan 20, 2018 12:06 PM

Feb 2016
Well that was an interesting way to pilot a Mecha, Its to be expected considering the "Fusion" in Gurren Lagann.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 20, 2018 12:07 PM

Jan 2018
Gee, I wonder which one of the two girls who like the MC will be the one he ends up with...
Jan 20, 2018 12:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Evangelion influence is pretty in the way it's handling it's themes and substance. But here, the inadequacies and problems of teenage love and sexuality are going to give rise to all sorts of humorous exchanges i bet.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2018 12:10 PM
Jul 2015
I hate this borderline NTR element in this show, so I hope Gorou finds out that Ichigo kissed Hiro, and let their relationship become awkward, and let Ichigo apologize to her partner.

If that doesn't happen, Gorou should request changing a new partner, or refusing to partner with Ichigo anymore. I'll do that if I am him, because it's a battle in which I entrust my life and soul with, so that person must be someone I can trust and love with all my heart. Unfortunately, one can't do that when your female partner is only obsessed with another male who's not you.

I am now a bit stressed out at that scene, so I am gonna go back and read Kenja no Mago manga, and see only 1 girl who's MC's fiance kissing him in that Manga, as in that manga, no other girl will like MC except for his GF. The treatment of MC's best friend character in that Manga is also so solid that his best friend's fiance is actually jealous of the MC of that manga because MC is too close with her fiance and that causes her having less quality time for spending time with her fiance.

The treatment of this Anime's MC's Best Friend, Gorou, would have been better if Ichigo had attempted her first kiss with Gorou instead, and the creators should have never made Ichigo think of Hiro as anything other than a longtime male friend, and make Ichigo think of Gorou as her lover instead.
Jan 20, 2018 12:13 PM
Jul 2017
Ichigo is just irritating tbh, other than that i like the episode: fanservice and the mech's structures are a 10/10 ahah
Jan 20, 2018 12:14 PM
Aug 2017
HereticHunter said:
kammie7 said:

What the hell are you talking about? Evangelion is FULL of generic tropes. Gundam doesn't fall in this category because their characters aren't kids to begin with.

Most of Gundams characters are around 16 and why wouldn't they count if they weren't kids. Shinji, Misato, Kensuke and most of the nerve staff arent presented as tropes. while pretty much everyone in darling in the franxx is a trope or hasn't shown much of a personality at all.
Jan 20, 2018 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
2Matt said:
this anime needs to learn how to r e s p e c t w o m e n.

probably going to drop this next episode

omg please don't start that
DedPandaJan 20, 2018 12:27 PM
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 20, 2018 12:19 PM
Nov 2017
Wasn't a bad episode as it held my interest. Now I am looking forward to seeing that runt get his shit kicked in. Hopefully Zero Two helps OP's balls drop a bit more. Get that confidence up.

Ichigo I could care less for, I just want some Zero Two. The most enjoyment came out of her eating.

Now to wait another week... :(
Jan 20, 2018 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
The Evangelion references are so next level in this show. The underground city, the elevator scene, the weird council room. Omg...but Hey, Zero Two don't care fo shit and I love it.

Also...man looks like this anime digs the doggy if ya know what I mean.
DedPandaJan 20, 2018 12:27 PM
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 20, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2009
Anyway, is the mecha and chara designer in this series has connection or previously work on Rockman X and Rockman Zero series ??? Strangely, i have sense similiar vibe between Franxx and Rockman X/Zero characters and mechs...
Jan 20, 2018 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
It's like some people forget the setting in this anime is an post-apocalyptic world where children raised in pair to fight monster and barely know anything like love, or kiss.

Hell, if they know what is kiss, they wouldn't understand the implication and the relation with love, cheating, etc. They're more concerned with their own survival rather than some silly stuff like "hey, you put your lips on my partner's lips and even though I don't know what it means I feel enraged."

Nope. Goro will just chill.

If the kids know that kiss alone can level up your power they'll gladly do it without any emotion attached lol.
Jan 20, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2015
Romance, Ecchi tag confirmed..... (maybe)
Jan 20, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 2012
Give me more 002 and this will be a 10/10
Jan 20, 2018 12:34 PM

Aug 2015
YouDontLikeEroge said:
Im extremely confused by the statement "You were awful"

But other than that it was an actually alright episode 4/5

Apparently the translation would be more of "awful" or "that was terrible", with no obvious direction, so it could be towards herself or Hiro.
Jan 20, 2018 12:35 PM
Jul 2015
I am very mad at Ichigo kissing a male who's not even her partner, Gorou, as Gorou entered the Franxx along with her, and he entrusted his own life in battle to the hands of Ichigo, and despite that, Ichigo likes Hiro and not him, and made a First Kiss with Hiro.

I mean, if she likes Hiro that much, then go and partner with him instead of betraying Gorou ! Gorou rides the Franxx, which requires a strong bond between a male and female pilot, so how can that be called a "strong bond", when one of them only likes someone else who's not even her partner ?

For me, a First Kiss is very important, as I myself, in real life, am aged more than 20 years old, and I've never kissed any female before nor do I have a girlfriend for even one time in my entire life, so I feel very sad for Gorou that the girl/female partner he entrusted his life with in piloting the Franxx, made a First Kiss with another guy.

If I'm Gorou, I'd say this once I found out that his partner likes Hiro instead, " If you like Hiro that much, then I'm afraid I can no longer be your Franxx partner. Please leave. You like Hiro so much, so just leave me alone, as I can't entrust my life in dangerous battles to someone who likes another guy who's not even your current Franxx partner. Get lost. Now. "
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Yesterday, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.