Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 29, 2017 11:45 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that was actually really hype!
Oct 30, 2017 2:47 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I could never understand why those people were so impressed with SSJ3 after they witnessed SSJ Blue so many times and Ultra Instinct.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 30, 2017 3:33 AM

Nov 2014
TheImmortalOne50 said:

Understandable. In multiplier, how much more stamina does SSB consume than SSJ3?

It actually consumes a lot less stamina/ki than SSJ3 does. SSJ3 has been known since DBZ to drain energy at extremely fast rates, whereas SSJB has very little of a stamina drain due to it running mostly on godly ki. The only one that takes less of a toll on the body is SSJG, which drains no stamina at all (and is, at the same time, stronger than SSJ3 - so the only reason to use it nowadays is to show off).

In the manga, SSJB is said to drain a considerable amount of stamina (although way less than 3), while in the anime nothing has been said about SSJB being harder to sustain than even good old SSJ.
Nothing to see here.
Oct 30, 2017 3:38 AM

Mar 2014
God I despise Caulfla. Vegeta needs to get off his ass and make these two cunts his bitch.
Oct 30, 2017 4:20 AM

May 2015
[quote=Turtles_Hunter message=52854829]
hwesley95 said:
]I wouldn't say they're impressed. It's more like they're glad to see it. SSJ3 is a very popular form with the fandom. And it wasn't shown since the Goku vs. Beerus on Kaio's planet.

Well, we saw SSJ3 Goku vs Trunks later.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 30, 2017 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
Maitoz said:

Only explanation is that Goku isnt going all out even when transforming, he seems to be traning them and the other thing is that Goku is not interested in eliminating them off the tourney.

Not really a fan of how the only way to make sense of the show is to assume the stronger character was holding back. Honestly, the whole problem could of been avoided by simply having him transformed from the get go. Not sure why they feel the need to "promote" the black hair from.
Oct 30, 2017 2:48 PM

Oct 2016
MyKamiList said:
Maitoz said:

Only explanation is that Goku isnt going all out even when transforming, he seems to be traning them and the other thing is that Goku is not interested in eliminating them off the tourney.

Not really a fan of how the only way to make sense of the show is to assume the stronger character was holding back. Honestly, the whole problem could of been avoided by simply having him transformed from the get go. Not sure why they feel the need to "promote" the black hair from.

My actual point was the fact that Goku is not interested in taking them out of the tournament, hes just there having fun without hitting them hard to avoid them getting KOed. But who knows maybe Goku actually has a chance on beating unexperienced SSJ2 with Base Form.
Oct 30, 2017 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
Maitoz said:
MyKamiList said:

My actual point was the fact that Goku is not interested in taking them out of the tournament, hes just there having fun without hitting them hard to avoid them getting KOed. But who knows maybe Goku actually has a chance on beating unexperienced SSJ2 with Base Form.

I was saying how they could've done the fight in a more consistent way. Regardless of what Goku's intention was, the fact that his transformation had no effect to the fight at all is weird to say the least.
Oct 31, 2017 12:02 AM

Aug 2013
So uh, Kale and Caulifla will be fusing next episode. Which is shit tier gary-stu hilarious because neither of them are wearing a set of potara earrings, and yet in the preview when you see them fused they are in fact wearing them on the fused body. Can't wait to see how they pull that explanation out of their ass if they do at all. Also wouldn't be surprised if the fused pair could easily go SS3 either.

I see we got a nice cock tease of Goku going 3, a jizz-tastic six seconds there.

I enjoyed the fighting, but this episode also kind of bolstered why I really cant stand the way they've just handed out super saiyan to everybody now. At least Cabba earned his.

When you think about this, Caulifla was able to do SS just before the tournament started, in the span of the "23" mins that have passed so far, the majority of which she has been running and hiding with Kale, she has already managed to come close to mastering SS2. And now she's about ready to break SS3. Do you not realize what a fucking triumphant accolade it was for Goku to reach that point in the story? That was the pinnacle of strength at that point in the story. It scared Buu. That level of power made Frieza, Cell, everyone look like a fucking bitch. It took years of fighting and multiple deaths, and this girl is gonna get it handed to her.

I've seen plenty of people argue that the U6 saiyans are naturally stronger. This fight half calls bullshit on that. An injured Goku who couldn't even transform yet was holding back a SS2 Caulifla who was giving it her all. Even if the U6 saiyans have more latent potential, their base power levels severely fall short of U7. Though magically she was able to completely match Goku when he went SS2. Even if she was adapting to the fight, if he held his own in base form, his SS2 should completely overwhelm her without even trying. She even noted the differences in their SS2 strengths.

You could argue he was holding back, but how much was he holding back really when he was already still recovering? And what good would holding back on them do? Going easy on them and playing games shouldn't make them stronger. They just made the two of them stronger for the sake of making Goku show SS3 briefly.

Also now that the two of them will be fusing, we better goddamn see another Vegito fusion happening against Jiren. Idk if Goku will be able to incorporate Ultra Instinct while fused, but I'd still like to see it happen.
Oct 31, 2017 3:19 PM
Oct 2017
It was nice seeing so much SSJ2 action and for the outdated forms to be treated like they were important but I can't help but feel all of this would have had more weight if the girls hadn't just unlocked these forms so easily under a day ago. After a bunch of episodes of being portrayed like a guard dropping sandbagging buffoon it was a nice change of pace for Goku to be treated like a skilled martial artist. Caulifla's dialogue started to feel pretty repetitive about halfway through the episode.

Watch Dragon Ball Super Episode 113:- https://www.dragonballtown.net/dragon-ball-super-episode-113-subbed/
Oct 31, 2017 7:37 PM

Feb 2016
Who remembers when Gohan regularly got the spotlight? Now he barely gets any screen time.

And patiently waiting for Frieza to knock Caulifa and Kale off, along with their bullshit. Caulifa went from no super saiyan to nearly super saiyan 3 in a matter of fucking days. Absolutely bullshit
CareBearOct 31, 2017 7:48 PM
Nov 4, 2017 1:27 PM

Apr 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
The episode had some nice action and it was cool and stuff but

FireFistYamaan said:
I'll say this as many times as it takes but Super has made Goku a joke. It's like DBZ and DB were unneeded to attain such power. Not cool. It's a joke how they can even go super saiyan, but now they want 3?

I guess all of this started at the end of DBZ (Buu saga with Trunks and Goten) but it still pisses me off.

I'm gonna second this, It's a shame how they're destroying the meaning behind attaining these forms by making it seem so simple. It's pretty much just plot convenience.

It's also ironic that they make SSJ seem so simple and yet they tried to hype Goku in base form this episode. xD

I liked seeing After image technique again though.

The "meaning" of SSJ?

What meaning?

Most of the characters in Z attained these forms off screen.

Vegeta: Attained SSJ 1 and 2 off screen in the manga.

Gohan: Attained SSJ off screen in the manga.

Goten and Trunks: Attained ALL THREE of their SSJ forms off screen.

Future Trunks: Attained SSJ off screen in the manga. In fact, he even had it before Future Gohan died, so he didn't have any emotional crap to transform.

Nov 4, 2017 7:33 PM

Dec 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Lelouch0202 said:
The episode had some nice action and it was cool and stuff but

I'm gonna second this, It's a shame how they're destroying the meaning behind attaining these forms by making it seem so simple. It's pretty much just plot convenience.

It's also ironic that they make SSJ seem so simple and yet they tried to hype Goku in base form this episode. xD

I liked seeing After image technique again though.

The "meaning" of SSJ?

What meaning?

Most of the characters in Z attained these forms off screen.

Vegeta: Attained SSJ 1 and 2 off screen in the manga.

Gohan: Attained SSJ off screen in the manga.

Goten and Trunks: Attained ALL THREE of their SSJ forms off screen.

Future Trunks: Attained SSJ off screen in the manga. In fact, he even had it before Future Gohan died, so he didn't have any emotional crap to transform.

I'm trying to imply the lack 'emotional crap' is making the transformations shown here seem bland with no impact. All the transformations you listed above at least had some weight behind them with perhaps the exception of Kid Trunks and Goten and even their transformations were played to a comical effect.
Nov 5, 2017 6:25 AM

Dec 2015
Fun episode overall, especially during the art style clash: it was quite entertaining to see an universe 6 bean limbs saiyajin fighting a regular one, each with its own line style too.

SSJ3 is such an easy state to slip into that Goku reaches it mindlessly in a mortal body now? He's incredibly incredible since he becama a divinity!

3/5
Dec 4, 2017 7:06 PM

May 2015
Caulifla have great potential... can’t wait to see her evolving more...
Dec 25, 2017 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
Okay, she become a SSJ2, and it was nice, but I think that SSJ3 it's too much. Neither Vegeta or Gohan achieved this transformation (atleast was not shown), so will be a bit exagerrated if she become one just some days after become SSJ1.
Apr 5, 2018 4:03 PM

Jan 2015
I wanted to see Goku fighting in his Super Saiyan 3 form. I have been missed this form. :(
May 12, 2018 11:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? Is this a battle Royale o just a training? After watch Goku training with the two women Saiyans is more clear that it is a GREAT JOKE!!!!
May 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Feb 2014
See *this* would have been a great ep for Cauliflower to achieve ssj2

Jun 22, 2020 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Caulifla right booty.
Caulifla wants Goku to show her SSJ3.
Goku using Zanzo-ken.
Goku goes SSJ2.
Caulifla oppai.
Caulifla punched Goku in the face.
Goku invites Kale for a 3some.
Goku goes SSJ3. Dat sakuga.
Kale powers up.
22 minutes left.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2021 3:38 AM

Jun 2019
That was a great fight. Gotta admit Caulifla is a fast learner.
Oct 31, 2021 4:04 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode, we get to see Goku's first three forms and a nice easy fight against Claulifla and Kale!

When Roshi said we do not know who is going to win , i loled hard!!! Like...Really?

Its obvious that Goku is saving his stamina and practices fighting with Claulifla and Kale

He is a fighting genius after all :> (Fangirl 100%)

It's funny Goku turned ssj3 for a bit (out of excitement)and stopped because he wants to keep his energy for later. He knows what he 's doing! Both Kale and Claulifla got excited and powered up!

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo :3
Jul 22, 2022 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
LapisLazulis said:
Also, is it me or has Whis talked about Ultra Instinct Goku???

Goku literally went UI like 3-5 episodes ago (Can't remember exactly) and everyone in the episode was shocked....

Anyway, Berserk LSSJ is stupid. Be normal kale

Fun episode, seeing SSJ3 Goku which we haven't seen in quite a while (up to now, it has only happened once or twice in DBS) was really amazing seeing that it's my favourite transformation

I want to see more of SSJ3 as the tournament enters its final stage. About 23 mins remains of the tournament

Tbh I would like to see one of the saiyan girls eliminated. preferably kale, she's annoying lol
Nov 1, 2022 9:27 AM

May 2022
that was a hot episode. Love Caulifla and how badass she is.
Dec 21, 2022 7:52 AM

Nov 2020
About time they had a proper fight and this time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

79 by TheColonel76 »»
May 31, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

62 by ChiisuNoYo »»
May 29, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

97 by RedFox_3 »»
May 29, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
May 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.