Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is overrated and bad.
Vampire Knight is so trash it actually had a worse love story than Twilight.
Dance in the Vampire Bund is boring trash with absofuckinglutely nothing interesting happening in the anime at all.
Most complaints i see about Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei are just pure bullshit. Rarely did anybody ever write a decent and true complaint about the anime and especially about its characters.
Todadora's ending is pure trash.
Moe anime and CGDCT are boring shit and i honestly don't understand how people can watch them.
Nagi no Asakura was a trainwreck.
OPM is overrated as fuck.
Clannad is the incarnaction of retardism.
Oh yeah Bokura ga Ita. Fucking dreadful trash with one of the most fucking retarded main couples i've seen. Oh and lets not forget its pitiful drama. Also did i not mention that it was overrated as fuck? Well yes , yes it is, 7,50 is higher than the grade it deserves.

AstZeroAug 20, 2017 4:25 PM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 18, 2017 12:35 PM

May 2016
AstZero said:
Lmao.
This is what i get for trying to argue with an elitist..
First of all elitism is defined by attitude and not by the shows you watch. I sincerely hope you know this much before you go on proclaiming something about my favourites.
Also since we're talking about my favourites, they have absolutely no relevence to the topic at hand nor can they be used as a base for a valid point.
Taste is subjective since it was proven that acquired taste is a lie with a pretty simple test, so by this logic any eye can be a critical one and it all depends if a person chooses to be critical or not, of course this also depends on having a selected type of knowlegde.
I rate stuff on my personal enjoyment. That enjoyment can come from a show that was just pure fun to watch and gave me an adrenaline rush (hence why my favourite genre is action) or it can be intellectual enjoyment, things happening in the anime that make me turn my brain on.
Having symbolism in the show doesn't automatically make a show deep or better and a lot of it is pretty easy to figure out and understand with little thought if you really think about it and it can make a show be really unengaging and if you can't figure it out, well then you can always google it or do your research and figure it out on your own.

Taking NGE as an example it really isn't that hard to figure out , still this doesn't change the fact that there are things that aren't very well done in NGE and having symbolism and depth can't carry the show through. For me personally it was an enjoyable watch i rated it 8/10 and EOE i rated 9/10.

But i won't continue discussing this since this is the wrong topic for it.

When I refer to "elitist shows", I mean that elitists tend to gravitate toward certain shows like the ones I mentioned. Recognizing the fact that not all art is created equal does not make me an elitist. Saying "every show I don't like is mediocre or shit" like someone such as ThatAnimeSnob does would make me an elitist.

Having symbolism doesn't automatically make a show good, you're correct. Having thought-provoking, meaningful content makes a show good, which can take the form of symbolism.

Also, care to cite the scientific study you're referring to which proves that "acquired taste is a lie", or are you just making shit up?
Aug 18, 2017 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Dendritik said:

Also, care to cite the scientific study you're referring to which proves that "acquired taste is a lie", or are you just making shit up?

Actually that was stupid of me. Not making shit up i heard this somewhere when i was researching can't remember where doesn't matter. The more i look into it the more i think people here misunderstand acquired taste. Myself included at the start.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 18, 2017 2:01 PM

May 2016
AstZero said:
Dendritik said:

Actually that was stupid of me. Not making shit up i heard this somewhere when i was researching can't remember where doesn't matter. The more i look into it the more i think people here misunderstand acquired taste. Myself included at the start.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound so confrontational, sorry haha.
Aug 18, 2017 4:12 PM

May 2016
AstZero said:
Dance in the Vampire Bund is boring trash with absofuckinglutely nothing interesting happening in the anime at all.
Most complaints i see about Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei are just pure bullshit. Rarely did anybody ever write a decent and true complaint about the anime and especially about its characters.
Moe anime and CGDCT are boring shit and i honestly don't understand how people can watch them.

>hates Gurren Lagann, One Punch Man, and Clannad
>likes Another, Erased, and Sword Art Online

wew lad

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Aug 18, 2017 5:31 PM

Jan 2014
Zelkiiro said:
AstZero said:

>hates Gurren Lagann, One Punch Man, and Clannad
>likes Another, Erased, and Sword Art Online

wew lad

Looking at your signature i think i'll just say k.
Aug 18, 2017 8:57 PM

Jan 2016
Might be a bit difficult for me but I'll try (no offense to anyone of course)

I prefer Dub over Sub.

The Manga isn't always better than the Anime.

I think if you can support the creators by buying the DVD's and or other products you should if you liked the show (I don't really know if this counts or not.)

I really hate and get annoyed with the Sub vs Dub wars (I don't know if that's still a big thing or unpopular though).

I don't really like Naruto and One Piece is so-so (I've only ever got to when Sanji joins so I can't say I really enjoy it or not)

I haven't found a single anime (yet) that has made me cry or come close to.

Theirs no shit taste (imo)

Not all Harem anime's have a dense protagonist and just have fanservice.
animefan0071Aug 18, 2017 9:41 PM

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Aug 18, 2017 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
I can name a ton:

-One Punch Man is eh
-Flip Flappers is shit
-Chaos; Child is great
Aug 19, 2017 1:08 AM

Dec 2014
Shingeki no Kyoujin is trash even the animation
Neon Genesis evangelion literally caused Brain cancer to those who claim to understand it
Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso isn't a romance anime (and if it is SPOILER nothing happens) + it wasn't nearly dramatic to be categorised a drama
Dubs can be really amazing, and it happens more often than not (ok moe is hard for the west but who in there right mind wants an anime with significant number of moe in native language , that is just junkfood for the brain
Aldnoah.Zero > Code Greass
Charlotte >>Angel beats! (and yes it literally did what it ment to do: correct AB's mistakes)
You can rate anime about 99,9999999999999% objectively.
Tsundere isn't instant - pint to anime.
Anime should meóóbe rated in a 1 to 10 scale in MaL PERIOD.
Utsu musume Sayuri is NOT an anime it's something really weird
Anime is NOT dying (just issues with overproduction)
Body-pillows are only acceptable for comfort, but making it an avatar of a 2D character to be with you in bed is more than one cause why your parents hate you, heck they didn't even want you.
Otaku is word for obsessed, and not for anime fan for the love of Haruhi don't use id that way.
Pirating is bad.
Watching anime in anything other that 1x speed is bad (except a really non interesting show for a completionist, who just wants to get over it)
Any anime youtuber's opinion is not always right
Your waifu is sh*t.
Hype is bad, not for the show , but for the 40 other shows airing along with it.
Light novel adaptations can be really good.
VisNovel adaptations can be amazing too.
Getting a 6/10 in mal is mathematically speaking a good rateand not a 1/5 in a 5 star system.
Aug 19, 2017 8:35 PM

Dec 2011
- Rem is overrated

- In Erased, Airi goes better with Satoru than Kayo

- Endless Eight arc is pretty cool and much better than some popular seasonal anime.

- Little busters season 1 is underrated, the arc of Haruka and Kanata is one of the best secondary arc coming from Key, and easily surpasses Angel Beats

- The opening of Tokyo Ghoul isn't that good, that of 91 Days is better, in the same genre

- "Shinzou wo Sasageyo!" is better than "Guren no Yumiya" and is the best opening of the year with "Sora ni Utaeba"
StalkeerAug 19, 2017 8:39 PM
Aug 20, 2017 12:04 AM

Jan 2015
animefan0071 said:
Might be a bit difficult for me but I'll try (no offense to anyone of course)

I prefer Dub over Sub.

The Manga isn't always better than the Anime.

I think if you can support the creators by buying the DVD's and or other products you should if you liked the show (I don't really know if this counts or not.)

I really hate and get annoyed with the Sub vs Dub wars (I don't know if that's still a big thing or unpopular though).

Hey, I'm not the only one, sweet! I started a dub fan, I'll likely die a dub fan, and the arguments about it are annoying as hell. Also yes, support the industry.

As for my own opinions:

-Spirited Away is one of my least favourite Studio Ghibli films

-I didn't shed a single tear during Grave of the Fireflies

-Your Lie in April is overrated
Aug 20, 2017 12:12 AM
Mar 2015
Dendritik said:

-Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen is grossly overrated (I still liked it, but have no idea why so many people love it so much)

You need to watch/read the main series to fully appreciate how good it is. The main series is not so good but it adds depth to the characters and when you watch this OVA you will realize why the MC acts the way he does and the significance of his past.

If you have already watched or read the main series then I guess it is just a matter of taste however if you have not watched/read the main series it is understandable that you think it is not that great because the whole buildup, character development, plot related themes etc is missing.
Aug 20, 2017 12:34 AM

May 2016
lequack said:

You need to watch/read the main series to fully appreciate how good it is. The main series is not so good but it adds depth to the characters and when you watch this OVA you will realize why the MC acts the way he does and the significance of his past.

If you have already watched or read the main series then I guess it is just a matter of taste however if you have not watched/read the main series it is understandable that you think it is not that great because the whole buildup, character development, plot related themes etc is missing.

It seems like there's a lot of people who haven't watched the original series and still love the OVA, but I'll take your word for it. Personally, it was just too short and (sort of) uneventful for me to really establish a connection with the characters and setting. I'm sure watching the original series would help with that.

I also felt the pacing was pretty inconsistent at the beginning. The art and general direction, however, were definitely impressive.
Aug 20, 2017 12:37 AM

Jan 2010
As much as I find Genos to be very cool I found myself stuck at episode 7 of OPM. Haven't find motivation to continue it. It's kind of a bit boring to me. And the comedy gets old FAST.
Aug 20, 2017 12:53 AM
Mar 2015
Dendritik said:
lequack said:

It seems like there's a lot of people who haven't watched the original series and still love the OVA, but I'll take your word for it. Personally, it was just too short and (sort of) uneventful for me to really establish a connection with the characters and setting. I'm sure watching the original series would help with that.

I also felt the pacing was pretty inconsistent at the beginning. The art and general direction, however, were definitely impressive.

The ova is meant to be watched only after the main series so you fully understand everything and without that, it will just be a show about an angsty samurai killing stuff and then getting screwed over.

There is a lot of buildup that ultimately leads to the events of the ova and I know for a fact that I would not have liked it if I jumped into it directly. You will not understand the characters or their motivations nor will you understand the gravity of the events that take place without watching the main series.

If you watch the main series though the angsty samurai you see in the OVA becomes a very complex and interesting character. The seemingly bland setting where he just kills stuff becomes a lot more interesting because now you know why the MC was hyped up so much in the main series. The ova becomes so much more appealing because of how different it is from the main series which is very refreshing.
There are several factors like this that help add to the experience.

All this being said, the main series is just the typical shounen bullshit that you see all the time. The best thing about it is that it makes the ova so much better. On its own the main series is boring.
Aug 20, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2016
lequack said:
If you watch the main series though the angsty samurai you see in the OVA becomes a very complex and interesting character. The seemingly bland setting where he just kills stuff becomes a lot more interesting because now you know why the MC was hyped up so much in the main series. The ova becomes so much more appealing because of how different it is from the main series which is very refreshing.
There are several factors like this that help add to the experience.
I can understand that context might provide a lot of value in this situation, but I'm also of the opinion that a prequel should be able to stand on its own in most ways (unless it's one of those LN adaptation situations like Monogatari where chronology is essentially thrown out the window) and Tsuioku-hen struggled for me personally in that respect. As a counter-example, take LoGH's prequel movie; it was released after the original series had started, but context wasn't necessary to fully enjoy it, even if it wasn't as exciting or dramatic as Tsuioku-hen.

I guess what confuses me is that so many people who *haven't* seen any of the original series also love Tsuioku-hen, which makes me feel like I'm missing something. I guess it really is an unpopular opinion, haha.

There were still quite a few elements of Tsuioku-hen that I liked, though, which is why I gave it a positive score.
Aug 20, 2017 1:43 AM

May 2016
Ai-no-Miko said:
I didn't shed a single tear during Grave of the Fireflies
Same. I don't really understand why GotF is considered such a massive tearjerker - the whole movie was pretty uneventful.
Aug 20, 2017 9:32 AM

Sep 2016
I've said this before, but School Days is one of the most underrated anime to ever exist.

However, watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu 2009 gave me the urge to comment on this thread. I understand why many people hate Endless Eight because it's not meant to be entertaining in a conventional way. I look at it from a different perspective.

Spotting all the slight differences in each episode makes it enjoyable in its own way, and they are quite noticable as well. Camera angles, positioning of the characters and music change in each episode, along with smaller details. The music itself is very good and emphasises how hopeless the situation is. Although some lines are reused, effort went into this. These episodes shouldn't be skipped if you have enough patience. After a while, the dialogue, music and scenery becomes ingrained in your memory. Which is the whole point of this arc considering it's a time loop, and you will get a taste of how it must have felt for Yuki, who remembers all 15,532 loops. Few anime will give you this experience. I see artistic value in that.
Apoc_RevolutionAug 20, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 20, 2017 11:18 AM

Mar 2016
TheArtofAnime said:
> Evangelion 3.0 wasn't bad
> Phantom Blood isn't boring, but the first half of Stardust Crusaders is
> Ram was best girl
> As a straight guy, I loved Yuri on Ice and didn't feel it was gay-bait in any way
> SAO is average at worst
> Masamune-kun's first episode put me to sleep
> Shinkai's best movie was 5 Centimeters Per Second
> Eromanga-sensei's first episode put me to sleep
> Zero is the only worth part of the Fate Series, all the spinoffs are milking the name
> Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke weren't that good and don't give me the drive to watch more Miyazaki films.
> Owari no Seraph > Attack on Titan > Kabaneri
> These probably aren't very unpopular because everyone has an opinion
> Some of these may even be popular because of silent opinions

"Ram was best girl"

No way. Best girl was obviously Betelguese.

" Zero is the only worth part of the Fate Series, all the spinoffs are milking the name"

Technically, zero is a spinoff in itself, and not the original.

" These probably aren't very unpopular because everyone has an opinion"

If relatively few people hold an opinion, then it's unpopular.
Aug 20, 2017 11:19 AM

Feb 2017
Naru said:
Am I the only person who loved Gintama for its comedy, but completely hated the serious parts?

No bro, I know what you feel...

Gintama should stick to be a comedy series...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Aug 20, 2017 11:34 AM

Mar 2009
AstZero said:

Can't quote this enough.

Tsundere is the worst character trope
"Best girl" never wins in anime involving a tsundere (because those are automatically not "best girl")
A mean score of 5 doesn't make you an elitist
The third opening of BokuAca is bad
Spoilers are not bad, if anything they make me want to watch an anime more
Dubs are great (for lazily watching anime in bed)
One of aspects that make a visually stunning anime have gradually declined since the 80s: character design, as opposed to special effects and backgrounds which have drastically improved
Aug 20, 2017 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Too lazy to type. Just check my list.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Aug 20, 2017 12:15 PM
Apr 2017
Sailor Moon is super boring and I know that the time I spent watching those 200 (more than 66 hours) episodes is wasted and can't be brought back.

School Rumble is not even that funny and the good characters don't get the happines they deserve.

SAO is not as bad as much as people say it is and it is very entertaining.

Seto no Hanayome is underrated, like, really fucking underrated.

Durarara does not have too many ra-s.

Love Live!Sunshine is shit. I mean, like what were the creators thinking? "Hey let's try to make something yuri that isn't actually yuri. It will take the form of the current anime Jesus (in Japan) which is Love Live! School Idol Project"

Yuri!!!On Ice is too gay for this planet. It may have won Crunchyrolls animation of the year award but I swear, their faces while ice skating look like potatoes.

A Silent Voice is better than Your Name.

I just want to see the world burn, honestly...
No offence to anybody who was a different opinion though and pls don't try to roast me for my shitty grammar skills

Asta la Pasta, motherfuckers
Aug 20, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2017
It's just my opinion. Don't take it too seriously...
-I liked more Demi-chan wa Kataraitai than Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou. Better story, better comedy and better characters.

-Sasuke Uchiha is the WORST character from Naruto (The second one is Sakura Haruno and the third one is Naruto Uzumaki himself) His motivations were somehow understandable when he was trying to got his revenge on his brother Itachi, but after his death, he hadn't any good or valid reasons to keep being stubborn and his determination to destroy Konohagakure... Worst Character personality, he was like: "I do anything that I want, but I'm not a hero, nor a villain, not even a rival to Naruto... So, he doesn't have a purpose or any role to fulfill to the main story?!

-Naruto began as a ninja-themed anime series. It ended as some strange fantasy/action series that has nothing to do with ninjas...

-Steins;Gate was an interesting series, but it has some terrible plotholes and terrible choices that some characters made in order to save Mayuri... Other thing that I was bothered about this series is that some characters serve as "plot tools" (means that only serves to a purpose for the main characters and they're left undeveloped...)

-I loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (My School President s a Maid!) Some chapters from the manga deserved to be animated!!!

-Mirai Nikki is one of the worst anime series I've known. One single character made me hate the series and never give it a chance (Yuno Gasai).

-Kill la Kill is so uncomfortable to see. Just took me one episode to never watch it again.

-One Piece is not the best thing or would be remembered as one of the best anime series ever. Worst drawn characters, unfunny jokes, uninteresting characters. The only thing that it's not One Piece fault is that I hate anything about pirates (I don't even like Pirates of the Caribbean movie) but it should end as soon as possible...

-New Game! could be better without fanservice or ecchi scenes. They should focus on the story and character development.

-Dragon Ball GT shouldn't be canon. It had the worst villains and plot from all the Dragon Ball series.

-I don't find Android number 18 sexy or hot. She is annoying as f@%&!

-WataMote! deserves another season. As soon as possible...

-Watashi ga Motete Dousunda could be very funny, but the main character (Kae Serinuma) was so weird and creepy...

-Shirobako deserves another season. I'm just want to have the same level (or higher) of quality from the previous season.

-Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was so terribly uncomfortable to watch. Too much fanservice (I hate fanservice) and it surpassed my tolerance limit. Also the female MC was so frustrating...

-Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero) could be better without any fanservice or ecchi element, if they focused more in the plot development than showing panties/boobs/lewd things, it could have been better. Also Louise de La Valliere had an exaggerated tsundere personality...

-Attack on Titan might be as good as much people say, but I'm not even interested to watch it.

-Death Note might be good as people say, but the fanbase made me hate it.

-I really wanted that Occultic;Nine was as good as I believed. Terribly disappointing.

-Gintama was really funny and entertaining. Tae Shimura (Shinpachi's older sister) killed my interest to keep watching it. Terrible character.

-The Student Council members from Sket Dance were a terrible attempt to emulate the Shinsengumi from Gintama.

-Sket Dance was a good series and fun to watch from the first half. The second half was drown in terrible, unbelievable plots, unnecessary fanservice scenes and stupid characters that ruined the whole series.

-Golden Time could have been a better anime series if they ignored the "Ghost Banri thing" I even liked Koko Kaga's psychotical and needy personality, Great characters but they were left unattended and without a good ending for their stories...

-Digimon is BETTER than Pokemon (despite I like both) but with Digimon Tri Adventure and Digimon Appli Monsters are screwing the Digimon Universe. In Pokemon's case, they should erase the Ash Ketchum character from the series and start with a better couple of well-developed MC and antagonists. Both series have a lot of potential...

-Talking about Pokémon and their game-based manga series. WHO THE HELL WAS THE F#$%&@! SLACK THAT LEFT THE GAME MC'S NAMES "RED" OR "BLUE"!?!

-Moe-based anime series without a good plot should end (i.e. The Idolmaster, K-On!, Love Live, etc). For good.

-Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. (also 2nd G.I.G.) were better than the Ghost in the Shell 1995 film.

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is EXTREMELY overrated. What gave its actual fame are the memes about the exaggerated poses that characters do.

-Saint Seiya could be a better series. The first arc (Sanctuary Arc) had a lot of story and character development than any of the rest of the story arcs. IT WAS THE SAME STORY IN ALL THE REST OF THE SEASONS!!!

-Durarara!!! should had a better character design.

-I'm not remotely interested to watch Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood despite people say that they're the best anime series. I'm not convinced at all...

-Fanservice should be limited to only ecchi or hentai-themed anime. So pointless and unnecessary to the story plot.

-Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's was better than the first series. And could be better... but Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series should end now.

-Who brought the waifu/husbando thing? Saying that "X character is my "waifu" or that character is my "husbando" is totally creepy...

-Just my opinion, but it should exist an Star Wars-based anime series (like the Star Wars: The Old Republic in-game animations). But should not be related to prequels or the sequels or the movie characters. It would have a lot of potential...

-Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu was so boring, dull and frustrating.

-I think that Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu and Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! are not even funny, interesting and they are ridiculous... Can someone please explain or correct me why this two series are so popular?

-Highschool of the Dead is an absolute mistake.

-Nisekoi was a terrible anime series. Chitoge Kirisaki is one of the most annoying characters in anime history.

-Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou started as a somehow, funny comedy series, to a terrible and regretable series...

-I didn't find anything funny about Nichijou.

-Fairy Tail was a bad excuse for a fantasy, action-themed anime series. The fanservice and the fandom made me never watch it.

-D-Frag! was a total deception. I hated the Chitose Karasuyama character.

-Minami-ke doesn't worth watching it.

-Love Lab! could have been a good comedy series. Just take out some unnecessary drama, the tsundere personality of Yuiko Enomoto, remove the character Sayori Mizushima, and don't make the characters so dumb...

-I don't understand the hate around Lucky Star, as a short comedy series was somehow fun and entertaining. The best character from all the entire series was the Anime Tenchou and he deserves his own anime series...

-Gamers! is a fun comedy-romantic story, but it doesn't has nothing to do with anything related to videogames.

-Kaleido Star deserved another anime season.

-I didn't like the Rozen Maiden remake...

-Character stereotypes like yandere, tsundere, kuudere, dandere, etc, should disappear for good. These kind of stereotypes doesn't allow to exist any complex or more believable characters.

-Kotoura-san wasn't funny at all. It was more like an unnecessary tragic, drama like series.

-There is no such thing as a "masterpiece" or a "perfect" anime series or manga. There are fun or interesting stories, bad stories or bad excuses.

-The Otaku culture shouldn't have existed. The fandoms are the worst thing that could happen to any form of entertainment.
AnimaExZeroAug 20, 2017 2:12 PM
We are EVERYWHERE...
Aug 20, 2017 7:28 PM

Aug 2017
Kawaii-Killua said:

SAO was enjoyable and not as bad as people say it is (at least the first half) and still one of the best shows to watch as a first show

Honestly, if they had ended it on the first half I would have been fine with the series, because things had consequences.
Leave my magical children alone

Anime List Manga List Profile
Aug 20, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2016
Cuddlise said:
Honestly, if they had ended it on the first half I would have been fine with the series, because things had consequences.

I got two words: Mother. Fucking. Yui.

Aug 21, 2017 12:09 AM

Jul 2017
"Erased" had the opportunity of being probably one of the greatest anime i have ever watched, definitely top 5. Buuuuuuuuuuuut no matter what anyone says, the last couple episodes killed it. In fact it murdered it. Now it is one of my most hated anime series. A real shame too, it had so much potential.

Other than that i think "Hai to Gensou no Grimgar" was actually really damn good.

Although i liked "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai", its really overrated.

Mayuri is best girl in "Stein's Gate".

AAAnd last but not least, i don't really get why people like "durarara!" so much. I watched 11 episodes and its super stale.

Do you want to blow it all up?
Aug 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Apr 2012
Attack on Titan is alright at best. The only reason it is popular, and rightfully so in all honesty, is that ludicrously beautiful animation. The whole David and Goliath thing was what made the show interesting to me, so when the Davids turn into Goliaths and vice versa, I began to see too many similarities to typical mech anime. Boring, seen it before.
Though, I hear that basement reveal is actually super awesome, so who knows.
Aug 21, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2016
Hunter x Hunter is boring so I dropped it
Aug 21, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2017
Fanservice isn't enough to carry a show by itself, but it's a bonus on a show with other merits and pretty much never a negative.

13 episodes is still too long for most shows and even the show's that got 26ish episode runs that I love I would probably love just as much if they were shorter.

Death Parade was terrible and baby's first morality play.

EDIT: Forgot my two currently-running anime ones.

Made in Abyss is extremely laudable for putting worldbuilding and character exploration at the forefront but it's world and characters are really boring.

My Hero Academia's second season is more poorly paced and uninteresting than any given stretch of Dragon Ball Z, particularly the tournament arc which might be the worst nine or however many episodes I've watched of otherwise fine anime. The fight scenes in that show are mostly really mediocre too, even in season 1.
nintoforgiAug 21, 2017 6:54 AM
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Aug 21, 2017 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
-Mayoiga was a very funny anime. So was Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.
-I like Index 1000 times better than Railgun.
-Nisemonogatari was pretty good.
-SAO is not the worst anime ever made.
-Deen FSN was actually entertaining. So was their UBW movie, as rushed as it was.
-I like FSN more than Zero, and I think their characters are more memorable tan the ones of Zero, who, apart of Rider and Waver (since Saber, Kiritsugu, Kirei and Gil are characters introduced in Stay Night), were okay overall. I still like Zero, though.
-With the exception of Sayaka and Kyubey, I couldn't bring myself to care for any character from Madoka Magica, leaving all those dramatic scenes pointless.
-Pucci is one of the best villains of JoJo.
-Steins;Gate was good, but far from being a masterpiece. The same applies to Baccano, who has some cool characters and is a fun series, but far from being perfect.
-I have seen bricks funnier than Gabriel DropOut.

And that's all I can think for the moment.
IllyricusAug 21, 2017 10:39 AM
Aug 21, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
nintoforgi said:
13 episodes is still too long for most shows and even the show's that got 26ish episode runs that I love I would probably love just as much if they were shorter.

I forgot about the other controversial opinion that's a natural extension of this:

Short anime are easily consistently stronger than normal length anime, and a lot of the best anime of the past handful of years are short anime. My two favorite anime of the past five years, actually, are Teekyuu and Space Patrol Luluco, for that matter.

On a related note, too, there's this Lucky Star spinoff about a girl and her older sister struggling against poverty in a lighthearted tone that got made as like ten 2 minute long episodes and, having never seen Lucky Star, it's still one of the best anime I've ever seen and pretty much as brutally abreast of the struggles of trying to enjoy life while poor as anything that takes itself completely seriously, in any medium.
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Aug 21, 2017 6:52 PM

Aug 2014
- Attack on Titan season 2 was boring and the pacing was terrible.
- ERASED was not bad but very overrated
Aug 21, 2017 7:08 PM

Feb 2014
Anohana is overrated.
Lelouch is the most overrated anime character.
Kotonoha no Niwa > Kimi no Na wa
Not sure if this is unpopular opinion but Rin Tohsaka is best tsundere :v
Crusch > Emilia >>>>>>>> Rem
Monogatari series is terrible. Pretentious dialogues and the characters are unlikable cunts creatures. Koyomi is the epitome of garbage.
Makishima Shougo is overrated.
Kill la kill >>>>> Gurren Lagann

Aug 22, 2017 3:30 AM

Sep 2009
um. definitely full metal panic. ive been trying lately to just finish watching because its on my "dropped list" which pisses me off. but ugh its hard, man.
i just find it so boring.

same with air. i dropped it like 3 times trying to watch it.

at least these shows used to be popular, idk about them being popular anymore.

another one is gintama.. i just can't seem to complete it lol. like i watched 1 or 2 and i was done. it sucks cos theres so many i want to watch and complete but most of them are so boring imo. i just don't get it.

OH. ANOTHER ONE. effing School rumble! i tried watching that like 5 times or so. its so horrible, i just can't. sigh.

this is my opinion btw, no hate towards anyone who liked these series.
"My feelings are like the approaching summer clouds - growing bigger and accumulating, sometimes bringing rain."
Aug 22, 2017 3:51 AM

Jan 2014
bullshit ratings:
no game no life
sao
s2 of snk
kimi no na wa
monogatari series
shigatsu wa kimi no uso
mushishi
overlord
chunnibyou
free
angel beats
tokyo ghoul
elfen lied
highschool of the dead
another
mahou shoujo madoka magica

wildhood said:
That Samurai Champloo is better than Cowboy Bebop.
because it is XD
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Aug 22, 2017 6:21 AM

May 2016
guulaash said:
bullshit ratings:
no game no life
sao
monogatari series
overlord
chunnibyou
free
tokyo ghoul
elfen lied
highschool of the dead
another

Yep.
guulaash said:
kimi no na wa
angel beats
mahou shoujo madoka magica

Nope.

words words words words words

Aug 22, 2017 6:31 AM

Aug 2017
Anime sucks.

Except for LoGH, of course, but I haven't a need to mention that—LoGH is not even worthy of being grouped with anime. Those things converge to form a steaming pile of dung. On the contrary, LoGH is on a whole different level. It is literal brain ambrosia, for in the future dystopian society, only the rich old men will be capable of directly connecting their brains to whatchamacallit to experience the only form of entertainment left that is LoGH.
LoGH_Elitist_boyDec 1, 2020 5:47 AM
Sep 10, 2017 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
SAO Is actually a decent anime u know???
Sep 10, 2017 1:18 PM

Jan 2017
AnimaExZero said:
It's just my opinion. Don't take it too seriously...
-I liked more Demi-chan wa Kataraitai than Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou. Better story, better comedy and better characters.

-Sasuke Uchiha is the WORST character from Naruto (The second one is Sakura Haruno and the third one is Naruto Uzumaki himself) His motivations were somehow understandable when he was trying to got his revenge on his brother Itachi, but after his death, he hadn't any good or valid reasons to keep being stubborn and his determination to destroy Konohagakure... Worst Character personality, he was like: "I do anything that I want, but I'm not a hero, nor a villain, not even a rival to Naruto... So, he doesn't have a purpose or any role to fulfill to the main story?!

-Naruto began as a ninja-themed anime series. It ended as some strange fantasy/action series that has nothing to do with ninjas...

-Steins;Gate was an interesting series, but it has some terrible plotholes and terrible choices that some characters made in order to save Mayuri... Other thing that I was bothered about this series is that some characters serve as "plot tools" (means that only serves to a purpose for the main characters and they're left undeveloped...)

-I loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (My School President s a Maid!) Some chapters from the manga deserved to be animated!!!

-Mirai Nikki is one of the worst anime series I've known. One single character made me hate the series and never give it a chance (Yuno Gasai).

-Kill la Kill is so uncomfortable to see. Just took me one episode to never watch it again.

-One Piece is not the best thing or would be remembered as one of the best anime series ever. Worst drawn characters, unfunny jokes, uninteresting characters. The only thing that it's not One Piece fault is that I hate anything about pirates (I don't even like Pirates of the Caribbean movie) but it should end as soon as possible...

-New Game! could be better without fanservice or ecchi scenes. They should focus on the story and character development.

-Dragon Ball GT shouldn't be canon. It had the worst villains and plot from all the Dragon Ball series.

-I don't find Android number 18 sexy or hot. She is annoying as f@%&!

-WataMote! deserves another season. As soon as possible...

-Watashi ga Motete Dousunda could be very funny, but the main character (Kae Serinuma) was so weird and creepy...

-Shirobako deserves another season. I'm just want to have the same level (or higher) of quality from the previous season.

-Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was so terribly uncomfortable to watch. Too much fanservice (I hate fanservice) and it surpassed my tolerance limit. Also the female MC was so frustrating...

-Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero) could be better without any fanservice or ecchi element, if they focused more in the plot development than showing panties/boobs/lewd things, it could have been better. Also Louise de La Valliere had an exaggerated tsundere personality...

-Attack on Titan might be as good as much people say, but I'm not even interested to watch it.

-Death Note might be good as people say, but the fanbase made me hate it.

-I really wanted that Occultic;Nine was as good as I believed. Terribly disappointing.

-Gintama was really funny and entertaining. Tae Shimura (Shinpachi's older sister) killed my interest to keep watching it. Terrible character.

-The Student Council members from Sket Dance were a terrible attempt to emulate the Shinsengumi from Gintama.

-Sket Dance was a good series and fun to watch from the first half. The second half was drown in terrible, unbelievable plots, unnecessary fanservice scenes and stupid characters that ruined the whole series.

-Golden Time could have been a better anime series if they ignored the "Ghost Banri thing" I even liked Koko Kaga's psychotical and needy personality, Great characters but they were left unattended and without a good ending for their stories...

-Digimon is BETTER than Pokemon (despite I like both) but with Digimon Tri Adventure and Digimon Appli Monsters are screwing the Digimon Universe. In Pokemon's case, they should erase the Ash Ketchum character from the series and start with a better couple of well-developed MC and antagonists. Both series have a lot of potential...

-Talking about Pokémon and their game-based manga series. WHO THE HELL WAS THE F#$%&@! SLACK THAT LEFT THE GAME MC'S NAMES "RED" OR "BLUE"!?!

-Moe-based anime series without a good plot should end (i.e. The Idolmaster, K-On!, Love Live, etc). For good.

-Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. (also 2nd G.I.G.) were better than the Ghost in the Shell 1995 film.

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is EXTREMELY overrated. What gave its actual fame are the memes about the exaggerated poses that characters do.

-Saint Seiya could be a better series. The first arc (Sanctuary Arc) had a lot of story and character development than any of the rest of the story arcs. IT WAS THE SAME STORY IN ALL THE REST OF THE SEASONS!!!

-Durarara!!! should had a better character design.

-I'm not remotely interested to watch Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood despite people say that they're the best anime series. I'm not convinced at all...

-Fanservice should be limited to only ecchi or hentai-themed anime. So pointless and unnecessary to the story plot.

-Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's was better than the first series. And could be better... but Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series should end now.

-Who brought the waifu/husbando thing? Saying that "X character is my "waifu" or that character is my "husbando" is totally creepy...

-Just my opinion, but it should exist an Star Wars-based anime series (like the Star Wars: The Old Republic in-game animations). But should not be related to prequels or the sequels or the movie characters. It would have a lot of potential...

-Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu was so boring, dull and frustrating.

-I think that Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu and Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! are not even funny, interesting and they are ridiculous... Can someone please explain or correct me why this two series are so popular?

-Highschool of the Dead is an absolute mistake.

-Nisekoi was a terrible anime series. Chitoge Kirisaki is one of the most annoying characters in anime history.

-Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou started as a somehow, funny comedy series, to a terrible and regretable series...

-I didn't find anything funny about Nichijou.

-Fairy Tail was a bad excuse for a fantasy, action-themed anime series. The fanservice and the fandom made me never watch it.

-D-Frag! was a total deception. I hated the Chitose Karasuyama character.

-Minami-ke doesn't worth watching it.

-Love Lab! could have been a good comedy series. Just take out some unnecessary drama, the tsundere personality of Yuiko Enomoto, remove the character Sayori Mizushima, and don't make the characters so dumb...

-I don't understand the hate around Lucky Star, as a short comedy series was somehow fun and entertaining. The best character from all the entire series was the Anime Tenchou and he deserves his own anime series...

-Gamers! is a fun comedy-romantic story, but it doesn't has nothing to do with anything related to videogames.

-Kaleido Star deserved another anime season.

-I didn't like the Rozen Maiden remake...

-Character stereotypes like yandere, tsundere, kuudere, dandere, etc, should disappear for good. These kind of stereotypes doesn't allow to exist any complex or more believable characters.

-Kotoura-san wasn't funny at all. It was more like an unnecessary tragic, drama like series.

-There is no such thing as a "masterpiece" or a "perfect" anime series or manga. There are fun or interesting stories, bad stories or bad excuses.

-The Otaku culture shouldn't have existed. The fandoms are the worst thing that could happen to any form of entertainment.

Hollyshit that's a long wall of text but I'm just gonna say that Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is worth watching because it's a fantastic action /adventure series with a well written plot, likeable characters, good world building, well animated action sequences, no filler, no shitty plot holes, no annoying fans service and no stupid characters or plot devices.

Death note is worth watching because it's a very unique experience, there's nothing like it. Just ignore the obnoxious fanboys and have fun

Code geass is worth watching because it's FUN. It's riddled with problems but it's really fun, entertaining and binge worthy.

AoT is worth watching because it's fun, well produced and engaging. Try it, it's much better than most action shows.

Cyber_IcarusSep 10, 2017 1:28 PM
Sep 10, 2017 1:21 PM

Sep 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Cuddlise said:

I got two words: Mother. Fucking. Yui.

but when you split it up like that it becomes three words

Sep 10, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
Episodic anime are generally better than those with story arcs.
Sep 10, 2017 1:26 PM

Jan 2017
Maurice_5 said:
I was glad when

SAO is pretty decent. Kirito is not the worst thing about it, and the fact that people say he doesn't have a character baffles me. (Hint: it's mostly well-hidden PTSD.)

Fate/Zero Berserker might have a shot at beating Fate/Stay Night Berserker in a fight.

Kill la Kill is a mecha show in disguise and no-one will convince me otherwise.

Owarimonogatari is the best entry in the Monogatari series so far. On that subject, I'm indifferent towards Senjougahara.

Simon would not have improved if it wasn't for kamina and his motivational words and actions.

Who cares if kill la kill is a mecha show or not? It doesn't really matter.
Sep 10, 2017 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
Episodic anime are generally better than those with story arcs.

For me, this goes for Gintama. I'll get stuck in a boring 5ep arc and forget about it for months.
I prefer the silly, no plot, standalone eps.
Sep 10, 2017 1:58 PM

Aug 2017
Tsundere is a character development, not just a mere abusive two-faced character that becoming a cliche.

Just watch this :
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 10, 2017 2:02 PM

Mar 2016
I think most people in this thread have bad taste in anime.
Sep 11, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't think Sakamoto Desu-ga was funny at all. Dropped it because of that. I also didn't think One Punch Man was funny either.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Sep 11, 2017 11:28 AM
Feb 2009
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Hollyshit that's a long wall of text but I'm just gonna say that Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is worth watching because it's a fantastic action /adventure series with a well written plot, likeable characters, good world building, well animated action sequences, no filler, no shitty plot holes, no annoying fans service and no stupid characters or plot devices.

Death note is worth watching because it's a very unique experience, there's nothing like it. Just ignore the obnoxious fanboys and have fun

Code geass is worth watching because it's FUN. It's riddled with problems but it's really fun, entertaining and binge worthy.

AoT is worth watching because it's fun, well produced and engaging. Try it, it's much better than most action shows.

we can all agree Code Geass has a lot of problems but it irks me how you skipped over AoT that is a big problem itself. It might be better than most action shows but not by much. If by well produced you mean animation then yes.
Sep 11, 2017 11:34 AM
Feb 2009
Zaber_san said:
SAO Is actually a decent anime u know???

yes, it's fine. that's why i rated it 6.

it's not like SAO is really bad but it has a lot of dumbass fans. And a lot of people get pissed off at the wasted potential.
Sep 11, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2017
Bozzzz said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

we can all agree Code Geass has a lot of problems but it irks me how you skipped over AoT that is a big problem itself. It might be better than most action shows but not by much. If by well produced you mean animation then yes.

it has it's fair share of problems too. i just didn't want to mention them.
by well produced i mean it has great animation, good art style, awesome soundtrack and good voice acting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - 2 hours ago

17 by Quadruple_Oi »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime? ( 1 2 )

TheSunLife - Sep 23

64 by Dienen »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your Top 10 Favorite Waifus?

DesuMaiden - 4 hours ago

16 by TipraTechnophile »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » is the word "disney" plot or story a valid criticism?

deg - 2 hours ago

13 by DigiCat »»
5 minutes ago

» Which character do you identify with the most?

tahikiry - 45 minutes ago

11 by deg »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.