Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 15, 2017 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
This future show triggers me on an existential level.
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2017 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
i dont want to be the master of these idols
Mar 15, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2014
Want Million Live... But I'm a fan of the series, hope this won't be bad lol
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Mar 15, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
dunno man, i kinda have faith since it's the imas franchise... they might just succeed where other shows have tried and failed (oh, have they failed).

my guess is they're trying to make extra bank of this franchise by riding the ""hot bishie"" wave that's been created by free!, and furthered by the recent success of yuri on ice and whatever other show i'm forgetting as i type this.

i'll no doubt at least give the first episode a try.

even if it's amazing it'll never measure up to my gfs kirari, takane, makoto and kaede though LOL
Mar 15, 2017 10:39 PM

Nov 2012
"boohoo why doesn't each and every anime series appeal EXCLUSIVELY to my tastes"
Mar 15, 2017 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
silverwalls said:
"boohoo why doesn't each and every anime series appeal EXCLUSIVELY to my tastes"
Isn't that what everyone thinks?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 15, 2017 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
silverwalls said:

i mean if you wanna go with that then sure (:
Mar 16, 2017 4:48 AM

Oct 2012
Woah I'm waiting for this!
Definitely going to watch this! I love their songs, especially Smile Engage xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 16, 2017 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
*hyped* There are so little anime with male idol groups.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Mar 16, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2012
I'm a fan of the Im@s anime's but i will give this one a try. Not a big fan of the whole male idol group thing. It will be a hit or miss with me
Mar 16, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2016
yay,, finally gachim@ster got an anime adaptation. definitely added to ptw list :D
Mar 16, 2017 2:52 PM
Jan 2015
As long as it has decent characters/story/music, I'll watch it
Mar 16, 2017 2:59 PM
Feb 2017
da fuq it doesn't even have 1 view
Mar 16, 2017 3:12 PM

Nov 2008
Hakaminah said:

There's a recent gender imbalance in idol anime, there's actually more idol anime with male idols than with females, the mobile side is much much worse, there's at least 5-10 being released every year since 2015. I think you ignored the anime that didn't sell or are forgotten already, then again if your anime or game isn't Utapri or Idolish7, it's probably going to be forgotten. With female idol anime there's more of a fighting chance even Tokyo 7th Sisters is slowly catching up and I labeled it as meh at first, but it actually has some decent characters.

Mar 16, 2017 3:31 PM

Sep 2015
I'm SUPER hyped for this, I hope it's gonna be at least a little better than some of the recent male idol anime
Mar 16, 2017 3:56 PM

May 2008
"You want more IdolM@ster? Here you go!" -A-1 pictures

I didn't ask for this. -Yup.
Mar 16, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
As long as the songs are good and the characters are unique, I suppose it's okay...?

I don't know, I have nothing against male idol shows, but this seems to kinda just ride the bandwagon with borderline-BL shows. And almost every show in that genre relies heavily on stereotypes.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Mar 16, 2017 6:02 PM
Aug 2008
Cue the sound of disgruntled users who hate male idols. Why don't you go spread your terrible opinion somewhere else?
We get this on almost *every* freaking anime that has a full male cast, y'all have no life.
Mar 16, 2017 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Yup said:

i second this, gib cinderella girls S3 instead
Mar 17, 2017 2:32 AM
Aug 2011
ugh!! I'm fan of IdolM@ster and the reason why I'm watching it is because of the girls, now I dont know what to do with this, because this is sideM.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2017 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who's at least looking forward to this, just because we never really got an Idolm@aster with males? Then again I do get where people are coming from if there are better Idolm@aster stuff than this, despite me not knowing too much about it.

If anyone can inform me as to why some people were pretty much there with this one, let me know.
Mar 17, 2017 5:32 AM

Feb 2015
Hoppy said:
Hakaminah said:

I don't like reverse harems and and flawed art style/animation is one of the biggest turn offs. I like idolmaster's style so I'll watch this anime until the end even if it's bad.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Mar 17, 2017 5:50 AM

Jun 2009
YESSSS!! It's about time we get a Side M anime!! I've been waiting too long. ;___; My heart is happy. <3333333 So so happy.

Haters gonna hate. XD More idol boys for meeeeeeeeeeee. <3333

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Mar 17, 2017 5:52 AM

Jun 2009
pinkkarla said:
Cue the sound of disgruntled users who hate male idols. Why don't you go spread your terrible opinion somewhere else?
We get this on almost *every* freaking anime that has a full male cast, y'all have no life.

RIGHT??? xDD It's like when dudes hate on Yuri on Ice. Like geez if you don't like it don't watch and go do something else. XD

Mar 17, 2017 7:42 AM

Nov 2012
now what. a female producer
Mar 17, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2011
Why? bcs bamco want more money, why not.
imas CG season 3 wont happen, I'd like to see more Kanade but, no, after this, make milimas anime happen or bamco just being scamco

XDread said:
now what. a female producer

ehm maybe spoiler? or not?
Mar 17, 2017 4:57 PM
Aug 2011
This entire thread triggers me. But I guess that's expected for a franchise with so many casual fans, as in, those who have no idea what im@s is about, outside the anime.
Mar 18, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2011
I'll be watching this for mah boy Ryo.
Mar 18, 2017 12:40 PM
May 2016
Strikefreedom117 said:
Yup said:

the Cinderella girls anime was awful and a disgrace to the original The Idolm@ster. If you're going to be a hater of the new show be sure to at least ask for a better one instead of that train wreck.
Mar 18, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
kalabalu said:
Strikefreedom117 said:

the Cinderella girls anime was awful and a disgrace to the original The Idolm@ster. If you're going to be a hater of the new show be sure to at least ask for a better one instead of that train wreck.

you calling the anime with anya awful?? HERESY, YOU SHALL DIE FOR THE EMPEROR !!
Mar 18, 2017 9:17 PM

Dec 2014
Indeed why.... But to be honest, I'm quite excited about this.
Mar 18, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
pinkkarla said:

Sounds like you lack perspective. My life is about fapping to cute idols (female). So yeah you're right, I don't have a life. Because Japan took that away from me. plz have more empathy next time.
Gaspar445Mar 18, 2017 9:52 PM
Mar 20, 2017 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
Don't watch it. Problem solved.

You realize that there ARE male Idol groups out there, right? So why is this any different from an all-girl cast?
Mar 21, 2017 6:26 AM

Jun 2009
The_Mad_Wizard said:
I'll be watching this for mah boy Ryo.

Yessss more Ryo is always good. *u*

I'm also super excited for more ex-Jupiter. <3 Bring meh Shouta and no one gets hurt. :'D

And to answer lara, they're butthurt because they can't stand bishies. They only want their precious waifus. :V

Mar 21, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
[/quote]

And to answer lara, they're butthurt because they can't stand bishies. They only want their precious waifus. :V[/quote]

^ this person undertands, IDOLM@ASTER ARE WAIFUS ONLY (:
Mar 23, 2017 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
Hoppy said:
Hakaminah said:

There's a recent gender imbalance in idol anime, there's actually more idol anime with male idols than with females, the mobile side is much much worse, there's at least 5-10 being released every year since 2015. I think you ignored the anime that didn't sell or are forgotten already, then again if your anime or game isn't Utapri or Idolish7, it's probably going to be forgotten. With female idol anime there's more of a fighting chance even Tokyo 7th Sisters is slowly catching up and I labeled it as meh at first, but it actually has some decent characters.

There's a reason for gender imbalance in idol anime, the female idol side is dominated by LL and Im@s and no other series can get close to them in terms of sales and popularity whereas for male idols there are like 3 or 4 successful franchises and 2 of them are relatively new and don't even have an anime yet so they aren't really forgotten

the only other female idol franchise beside LL and Im@s that might have a chance at getting popular is t7s and look at their cd sales
http://anisonsinger.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/tokyo-7th.html

now look at cd sales of a non utapri-i7 male idol franchise
http://anisonsinger.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/blog-post_29.html
zipppoooMar 23, 2017 2:33 PM
Mar 23, 2017 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
zaso said:
Hoppy said:

There's a reason for gender imbalance in idol anime, the female idol side is dominated by LL and Im@s and no other series can get close to them in terms of sales and popularity whereas for male idols there are like 3 or 4 successful franchises and 2 of them are relatively new and don't even have an anime yet so they aren't really forgotten

the only other female idol franchise beside LL and Im@s that might have a chance at getting popular is t7s and look at their cd sales

It's just as bad as most male idol anime that aren't Utapri or Idolish7 and Idolish7 sells close to Idolmaster levels which is no surprise at all. Also 3-4 is still not a good rate especially since there's way more male idol series out there.

Mar 23, 2017 4:42 PM

Nov 2016
Hoppy said:
zaso said:

It's just as bad as most male idol anime that aren't Utapri or Idolish7 and Idolish7 sells close to Idolmaster levels which is no surprise at all. Also 3-4 is still not a good rate especially since there's way more male idol series out there.

it's more than just 3-4, enstars, b-project, kingpri and maybe sidem all have good sales so it's not just utapri and idolish7
on the female side it's just ll and im@s
Mar 23, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2011
If Jupiter doesn't show we riot
Mar 25, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Beit...did they mean Bait? The blonde one looks like a 13 year old girl lol. All jokes aside interesting to see IdolM@aster try their hand at guys. I may try it..or not. I'd definitely be ore excited for Cinderella Girls. We'll see..
Mar 28, 2017 10:03 PM

Aug 2016
Strikefreedom117 said:
^ this person undertands, IDOLM@ASTER ARE WAIFUS ONLY (:

err...Jupiter??
The final boss fight in Kirby: Planet Robobot is the most epic thing since toasted bread.

DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE- D3.
Mar 28, 2017 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
What I want to know is, why can't we have an idol anime with a cast containing both males and females? That would be really interesting.

Say, an all girl's idol group taking place at an all girl's school, but one day the girls decide to meet up with some of their guy friends and the main girl ends up falling in love with one of the guys and then, I dunno, one of her other friends likes the same guy and then drama and shit. Romance combined with the stress of being an idol could be cool.
I know, romance can be with the same sex, but all of these idol shows never go canonical with its yuri/yaoi and plus the interactions of guys with women are much more interesting than girls with girls or guys with guys, imo. The way opposite sexes clash fascinates me, and seeing a cute moe idol girl falling for a charming, masculine man would be really heartwarming to see.
Mar 29, 2017 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
HikariJake said:
What I want to know is, why can't we have an idol anime with a cast containing both males and females?

IM@S already did that with Broducer and P-kun being 4x the men we can ever hope to be
Mar 30, 2017 3:18 AM

Sep 2011
I wonder if any VA from the anime Show By Rock (ShinganCrimsonZ or Arcareafact) will be voicing Side-M idols :/

I hope they don't change Ryo's VA too.
Mar 30, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2016
Your horribly low resolution profile picture and cringy signature trigger me on an existential level.
Apr 1, 2017 12:50 AM

Sep 2008
Considering the entire fandom consists of mostly male otaku, I'd say it's a stupid idea to slap on the Idolmaster name onto this thing. Now when searching for Idolmaster hentai people will have to add more filters to cut the yaoi out. The world is basically over at this point.
Apr 2, 2017 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
b-but muh waifu ;____;

fuck off this fanbase, all im@s idols are worthy of love
Apr 2, 2017 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
5layer said:
Considering the entire fandom consists of mostly male otaku, I'd say it's a stupid idea to slap on the Idolmaster name onto this thing. Now when searching for Idolmaster hentai people will have to add more filters to cut the yaoi out. The world is basically over at this point.

^ pretty much this
Apr 2, 2017 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Strikefreedom117 said:
5layer said:

^ pretty much this

nah, sidem exists since 2014, nothing will change
Apr 4, 2017 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
kalabalu said:
Strikefreedom117 said:

Holy fuck I couldn't have said that better myself. Original im@s will always be superior. Give me Miki and Iori back you bastards.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you need to watch the ova (unaired episode)?

FruityLime - Dec 14, 2023

1 by Tronplayer »»
Mar 10, 10:12 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

22 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 19, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

8 by dejikonyo »»
Jul 2, 2022 12:03 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

15 by dejikonyo »»
Jul 1, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER SideM Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 6, 2022 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.