Forum Settings
Forums

At what point does someone's opinions become not credible or invaluable to you?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 8, 2017 6:36 AM

May 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
Well, I don't really read reviews often, but probably when they have COMPLETELY different taste than I do? Like they loved series I found meeh or really hate some of my favourites.

Also, when their mean score is something like ~6.00, or even lower, and many of their scores are 1-3, given even to series I consider okay-ish. Or when they are over analyzing every aspect of some simple comedy series, I can't treat that too seriously.

Won't these actually be the most interesting reviews?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 8, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
Since they were born. The person best at telling me what I like and what I don't has been and always will be myself.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Feb 8, 2017 5:03 PM
Feb 2014
If the entire anime community is filled with moral relativist nihlists, then that means every opinion can be right or wrong. Including opinions that claim that Keeping Up with the Kardashians is the prime standard for reality television or that a picture of a person's buttcrack can be considered art.

Now me? My opinions are objective to myself, and if people think I'm wrong, they're going down a deep rabbit hole and dabbling into extreme moral relativism/nihilism.
AqutanFeb 8, 2017 5:08 PM
Feb 8, 2017 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
I'll take their opinion into consideration if they are capable of explaining their points with reasons to back up their arguments, new points of view can be eye opening, but in my mind there are certain things that are objective to me no matter how they explain it.
Feb 9, 2017 12:10 AM

May 2009
PheolingAnimu said:
How do you judge when someones opinion is worthy of taking?

I look at their reviews/commentary on things that I'm familiar with, and assess how close their opinions are to mine.

If they're not very close, then they're not particularly useful to me as a source of recommendations.

I may consult their writings if I am in the mood for an alternative viewpoint on something I already know, though.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 9, 2017 12:14 AM

Dec 2015
When it's blind hate or blind fanboysm.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 9, 2017 12:59 AM

May 2015
DeplorableNico said:
If the entire anime community is filled with moral relativist nihlists, then that means every opinion can be right or wrong. Including opinions that claim that Keeping Up with the Kardashians is the prime standard for reality television or that a picture of a person's buttcrack can be considered art.

Now me? My opinions are objective to myself, and if people think I'm wrong, they're going down a deep rabbit hole and dabbling into extreme moral relativism/nihilism.

Opinions about art - aesthetics - don't necessarily have to do with morality.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 9, 2017 1:33 AM

Jun 2014
Nobody's opinion is credible to me because I never cared about that sort of thing.
Feb 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2015
if you claim to be objective or unbiased as possible with your opinion
Feb 9, 2017 6:36 AM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
DeplorableNico said:

Opinions about art - aesthetics - don't necessarily have to do with morality.

Sarcasm, please learn what it is...
Feb 9, 2017 6:37 AM

Jul 2016
If they give ecchi shows a low, troll score.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows?

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

44 by SimplyBrazen »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - Sep 20

50 by Taynix »»
2 minutes ago

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season?

Zakatsuki_ - 28 minutes ago

7 by rohan121 »»
4 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

57 by mo_lave »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » If all pirated sites were to shut down, would you be willing to pay for anime? ( 1 2 3 )

All_Knowing - Sep 7

149 by DreamingBeats »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.