Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2015
This is like a video game lol , it is not hard , not very hard , More like legendary or impossible or even insane lol , it is like being LvL 1 in an mmorpg game and you are trying to defeat a LvL 150 World boss lol
Aug 14, 2016 2:42 PM

Sep 2015
Revolt1021 said:
This is like a video game lol , it is not hard , not very hard , More like legendary or impossible or even insane lol , it is like being LvL 1 in an mmorpg game and you are trying to defeat a LvL 150 World boss lol

Like Dungeoneering from Runescape
Aug 14, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
Wtf there is more than one whale =͟͟͞͞=͟͟͞͞( °⌓°) or it's an illusion... I really hope the latter because daamn they're getting slaughtered already. I really thought they would be able to tear that thing up, especially after so many attacks.
Aug 14, 2016 2:44 PM
Dec 2015
Mich666 said:
I dunno... whole Wilhelm's backstory fell flat to me, and the moment I first saw his flashback I knew he's gonna die. Although I have to say his wife was good looking. So he had learnt there are other things in his life than just fighting and that there is always someone better than him, I get it. But his death was really pointless (not to mention his skills were almost unreal).

Also, the last time Subaru tried to spell out loud Return by Death Emilia died. So either he learnt nothing from that moment or he is actually pretty stupid to forget that if he was willing to risk Rem's life.
It really seemed this was omitted intentionally (only to bring it later) because author didn't wanted to deal with that at this moment.

The actual fight and action was good (though wtf were those laser cannons) but those other whales left me ambivalent, I don't think it was necessary to add more the situation was dire as it was.

Weakly written episode.

The only thing you learned about his wife was her Hair Color.

Revolt1021 said:

The level one can resurrect with 0 penalty but sucks at leveling. It's still a very terrible video game though. The Boss sits still for like 7 minutes before attacking.
Aug 14, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2015
And also I think that Satella loves Subaru more than anything lol , My theory is Satella is a yandere who loves Subaru
Aug 14, 2016 2:45 PM
Jul 2016
mael9740 said:
Heitokun said:

As a LN and WN reader, i'm impressed, you might be onto something...just saying.

Not a LN or WN reader ... im kinda a logical guy ...so the Author said that Emilia is not the WITCH...but I think the witch wants to create subaru or persuade him to go on a way...to take someting and I do no revive her ....like Madara did (Naruto ) with obito
@Heitokun Close ? :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 2:46 PM
Dec 2015
Revolt1021 said:
And also I think that Satella loves Subaru more than anything lol , My theory is Satella is a yandere who loves Subaru

Satella just has a hard on for NEETs.
Aug 14, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
mael9740 said:
Heitokun said:

As a LN and WN reader, i'm impressed, you might be onto something...just saying.

Well, this will be a spoiler so...
HeitokunAug 14, 2016 3:12 PM
Aug 14, 2016 2:48 PM

Aug 2015
Idiotproofninja said:
Mich666 said:
I dunno... whole Wilhelm's backstory fell flat to me, and the moment I first saw his flashback I knew he's gonna die. Although I have to say his wife was good looking. So he had learnt there are other things in his life than just fighting and that there is always someone better than him, I get it. But his death was really pointless (not to mention his skills were almost unreal).

Also, the last time Subaru tried to spell out loud Return by Death Emilia died. So either he learnt nothing from that moment or he is actually pretty stupid to forget that if he was willing to risk Rem's life.
It really seemed this was omitted intentionally (only to bring it later) because author didn't wanted to deal with that at this moment.

The actual fight and action was good (though wtf were those laser cannons) but those other whales left me ambivalent, I don't think it was necessary to add more the situation was dire as it was.

Weakly written episode.

Revolt1021 said:

The level one can resurrect with 0 penalty but sucks at leveling. It's still a very terrible video game though. The Boss sits still for like 7 minutes before attacking.
That sucks , Imagine playing a videogame where you can't win against anyone since you are weak and can't fight the only thing you can do is get killed and comeback alive from an old checkpoint where you have to repeat everything lol
Aug 14, 2016 2:51 PM
Dec 2015
Revolt1021 said:
Idiotproofninja said:

That sucks , Imagine playing a videogame where you can't win against anyone since you are weak and can't fight the only thing you can do is get killed and comeback alive from an old checkpoint where you have to repeat everything lol

I actually like would like a Videogame that emphasizes Sun Tzu sneaky tactics, diplomacy and generally outsmarting your opponent instead of straight up trying to kick their ass.

Subaru though wouldn't be my first choice as an MC for such a game.
Aug 14, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2016
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Episode 20

Well, THAT'S RIGGED BRUH.

Nice, short flashbacks, good for building Wilhelm's character. We also had a glimpse of the witch (most likely the one who whispered something to Subaru) when Subaru was gonna shout that he can "Return by Death," and that cliffhanger is also kind of expected.

I loved the episode. Great animation in the fight scenes. They keep on showing how OP crusch is every now and then (Magic sword FTW) + they showed how strong Rem's spells are (strong enough to push a giant floating whale). Also, Felix's combat effectiveness is 0%-- Healer role sucks in this setting, people get 1 shot...

I liked how they used plot armor ("physics doesn't apply to us, we have flying dogs, high jumping wolves, super fast ground dragons,--and an old man slicing a thick carapace of a gigantic whale while being 1000ft above ground and not losing balance nor momentum"), but

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Aug 14, 2016 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
Heitokun said:
QWERTYFish25 said:
How's this for reasons why Satella does what she does? Emilia is a vessel or important to the witches plans. She takes Subaru and puts him into this world and gives him a power that will enable him to backtrack infinitely to protect Emilia for all harm. He doesn't have to be strong he just needs to be at the right place at the right time. Nudge people in the right direction or complicate situations just enough to keep Satella's desires possible while opposition who may be trying to destroy Emilia or Satella's goals from occurring. She needs Emilia be she needs her in a specific state and time and Subaru is a type of trouble shooter that piece by piece unravels Emilia's protection just enough to put her in the witch's hands without being noticed or Emilia being turned away.

Like how a certain first one gets bated by a member of an infant race.

This felt obvious for quite a while. I just got around to putting out the thought. It's been done before in some sense.

Aug 14, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
Killer96bee said:
mael9740 said:

Not a LN or WN reader ... im kinda a logical guy ...so the Author said that Emilia is not the WITCH...but I think the witch wants to create subaru or persuade him to go on a way...to take someting and I do no revive her ....like Madara did (Naruto ) with obito

Hahah I could say you're close
that's all i'm spoiling lol.

May 2015
That ending man... I never expected that. Now victory seems really far away....

But shit, this fight was so incredibly intense. I really hope Wilhem didn't die... This man fought so well, and those flashbacks ;__;.... I can't believe the wolf guy got taken down as well. I can't fucking wait for next episode.

Aug 2015
Idiotproofninja said:
Revolt1021 said:

I actually like would like a Videogame that emphasizes Sun Tzu sneaky tactics, diplomacy and generally outsmarting your opponent instead of straight up trying to kick their ass.

Subaru is not clever enough , Lelouch or Sora from No game No Life are probably the only people who I think who can finish such a game , if one of them were instead of Subaru I bet the series won't have so many deaths
Aug 14, 2016 2:56 PM

May 2015
Heitokun said:
mael9740 said:

You forgot the /spoiler. Complaining about people disliking the anime but casually discussing spoiler material in the episode discussion, smh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 2:57 PM
Nov 2013
Idiotproofninja said:
crystalblade13 said:
I swear to god people confuse art and animation so damn much it pisses me off. The animation was awesome, and the art surely wasn't bad either. The dynamics and fluidity were both very impressive.

Also, it was great seeing what everyone could do and it was a very fun watch. Wilheim is epic and I hope he lives, plus the ending....damn.

5/5 easy.

Are you hoping for another Reset?

Nope, I'm hoping they make it through this loop this time around. I'd hate to lose ren and subarus interactions from episode 18, as well as his rep as a decent army forming manipulator.
Dec 2015
Revolt1021 said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Subaru is not clever enough , Lelouch or Sora from No game No Life are probably the only people who I think who can finish such a game , if one of them were instead of Subaru I bet the series won't have so many deaths

Being weaker than your opponent means you have to think of OTHER ways of engaging them in a fight.

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, defend against them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Subaru constantly thinks of engaging his opponent. Which is the most Un-Sun Tzu thing to do.

That's why he need Reinhard and Roswaal to bail him.

Oct 2012
Idiotproofninja said:

Precisely. She had looks but this episode didn't make me care about him or her at all. Anime also did really bad job describing her character and the conflict they had between each other was shown in the most incomprehensible way. Not to mention it's never too good to emphasize death of weakly described side-character, whole situation just lacked an impact.

Jan 2014
I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I am sure Satella has told Subaru "yamero" when she apeared behind him.
Aug 14, 2016 2:59 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow. Many guys here are practically begging to be spoilered.
Dec 2015
Mich666 said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Precisely. She had looks but this episode didn't make me care about him or her at all. Anime also did really bad job describing her character and the conflict they had between each other was shown in the most incomprehensible way. Not to mention it's never too good to emphasize death of weakly described side-character, whole situation just lacked an impact.

Somehow I felt the same way.

Smudy said:

To be honest it's not like there is some amazing Knights of the Old Republic story waiting to be spoiled or something. We can all guess most of the spoilers given the clues.

Jan 2013
Now that was a great episode. Not too much dialogue and had a nice backstory to the Van Asteas.
Aug 14, 2016 3:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Idiotproofninja said:
Mich666 said:

Smudy said:

To be honest it's not like there is some amazing Knights of the Old Republic story waiting to be spoiled or something. We can all guess most of the spoilers given the clues.

Actually, some people here are really smartass about one certain thing and don't even realise how wrong they are.
Aug 14, 2016 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:
Heitokun said:

This felt obvious for quite a while. I just got around to putting out the thought. It's been done before in some sense.

I think one other character who fits that description is Palpatine, an insidious entity working on the shadows, a puppetmaster who uses both sides of a conflict for his own purpose, I think it has become an overused archetype at this point, but is something that doesn't bother me as long as the motivations of said character are at least meaningful and consequential.
Dec 2015
Smudy said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Actually, some people here are really smartass about one certain thing and don't even realise how wrong they are.

It doesn't matter if you are wrong about a single theory throw enough theories and you are bound to be right. The Big TWIST in MGS V got spoiled MONTHS ago because a wild fan theory was actually right.
Mar 2016
Reverberate__ said:
That ending man... I never expected that. Now victory seems really far away....

But shit, this fight was so incredibly intense. I really hope Wilhem didn't die... This man fought so well, and those flashbacks ;__;.... I can't believe the wolf guy got taken down as well. I can't fucking wait for next episode.

fight was so not incredibly intense but turn-based.

Army or the butler attack the whale, whale doesn't do anything just sit/ fly there.
Then Whale attacks army, army get damaged.
Happy watching
Aug 14, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2016
Heitokun said:
Killer96bee said:

Hahah I could say you're close
that's all i'm spoiling lol.

The Problem is that the Story is wayyyyy to big :P...if is that the Plot for me is kinda weird, what is the point ? I am already imagine , 3 seasons to revive the witch and then she destroys the world or before that Subaru kills her again..and emilia and him are happy or he gets back to the real world and then he suicides :P
Aug 14, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2016
It seemed like Crushe/a lieutenant knew about the existence erasure

so is it common knowledge that the whale can erase your existence or did the author forget that he made it impossible to know whether you're missing someone from your memories like Ram/Emilia for Rem? if it is common knowledge how come ram/emilia didn't consider the whale? if it isn't common knowledge and crushe just happens to know for some reason, why doesn't she make it public knowledge with the explanation of "its magic"

otherwise ok episode
Aug 14, 2016 3:05 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Idiotproofninja said:
Smudy said:

It doesn't matter if you are wrong about a single theory throw enough theories and you are bound to be right. The Big TWIST in MGS V got spoiled MONTHS ago because a wild fan theory was actually right.

Aug 14, 2016 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
zal said:
Heitokun said:

You forgot the /spoiler. Complaining about people disliking the anime but casually discussing spoiler material in the episode discussion, smh.

Wait, what? lol...I'm not complaining about anything :/
Aug 14, 2016 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
Methuslah said:
I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I am sure Satella has told Subaru "yamero" when she apeared behind him.

inb4 Satella is actually a good one, trying to protect Emilia and Subaru is just depleting her powers with his deaths.
Aug 14, 2016 3:07 PM
Dec 2015
Smudy said:
Idiotproofninja said:

They are right though if I felt 0 emotion now. That's how I feel now. If they do some later to make it feel significant and it relates to the death and flashback then it's THE LATER scenes that actually had the impact.
Aug 14, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2014
Tevens said:
I didn't feel anything from those flashback tho :c
but i like how they made it. but i think it could be way better at how they handle the characterization. just ma opinion tho...

Overall, this episode is....a....crazy one.....especially dat ending.
there is a hint too about witch cult, or maybe satella ? when subaru said the taboo words, suddenly, for just a second someone appeared behind him...i wonder who was that. either satella (jealous witch) or the human form of those white whale of gluttony.

tbh, i kinda saw that the old man will die. i kinda saw it a bit from the previous episode so that death didn't suprise me that much but when the wolf guy died in this episode, right after the old man died....that suprised me. like, two in a row. two guy that they need for that fight, died. AND MOREOVER.......WE GOT THREE WHALE APPEARED AT THE END OF THE EPISODE. If reinhard appear, i can still see the chance of winning from this battle, but....if he will not appear, i don't think they could win that battle unless they escape from it. or maybe crusch will kill it herself ? but somehow i doubt that.

and one more thing, is reinhard actually Thearesia's child ? then it means reinhard is wihelm child too. lol, i just realize that. really wish reinhard to appear in the next episode.

but again, seriously, the heck with the three whale. taking one of them already freaking difficult, now they got three of them to handle. madness.

looking foward to the nex episode!!! xD

The back story take place 40 years ago before the current events , reinhard is his grandson
Aug 14, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
Idiotproofninja said:

Well, we also learned that Wilhelm was a sexist jerk, at least back then ^_^;

For the time being I opt to believe that the (fairly banal) Wilhelm backstory isn't completed yet. After all, they ended up married, but when Theresia walked off in the flashback, they sure didn't look husband and wife to me.

Besides, it would utterly shock me if Wilhelm was dead. At the very least he'll kill the whale from within, wanna bet? This so-called "masterpiece" episode demands this radical surprise.

Jan 2014
Methuslah said:

Can someone confirm? To appear and tell him that it's not really something to ignore :^)

Nov 2013
Methuslah said:

No, that's not what she said to him
Aug 14, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
i did not feel like we got the full story on Wilhelm so hold your horses
Aug 14, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2015
Heitokun said:
zal said:

I remember you did the last episode discussion, your signature is memorable. However discussing spoiler material here is worse than complains about the show.
The first post says: DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Not: DISCUSS IT UNDER SPOILER
Aug 14, 2016 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
zal said:
Heitokun said:

I remember you did the last episode discussion, your signature is memorable. However discussing spoiler material here is worse than complains about the show.

Yes, I already apologized for that mate, I didn't realize i had not closed the spoiler, there's no need to create a storm out of that, fixed, now chill.
Aug 14, 2016 3:19 PM

May 2015
Heitokun said:
zal said:

Yes, I already apologized for that mate, I didn't realize i had not closed he spoiler, there's no need to create a storm out of that, fixed, now chill.
I am pretty chilled, I personally don't care for the spoilers. The caps part is from the first post of every episode discussion thread.
I am not talking about the post you forgot to close the spoiler but about having discussions of manga content even under spoiler which shouldn't happen, there are other threads for that.
zalAug 14, 2016 3:24 PM
Aug 14, 2016 3:20 PM

Mar 2011
Mich666 said:

Sometimes i wonder if people actually pay attention to the episodes..lol. The majority of the "complains" i read is just people who get everything wrong or distort it in ways to suit their rant against this show. The only reason why Emilia died that time was because Subaru was willing to confess and suicide right there by using the curse, so Satella killed Emilia instead. In this episode that was not his purpose at all! One would expect something similar to what happened in arc 2 with the dogs to happen! Rem's or the soldier's lives were never at risk if the established universe rules are applied. Subaru's curse is heavily dependent on his current feelings/motivation. It's a two-edged sword!
Aug 14, 2016 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
Mentar said:
For the time being I opt to believe that the (fairly banal) Wilhelm backstory isn't completed yet. After all, they ended up married, but when Theresia walked off in the flashback, they sure didn't look husband and wife to me.

Besides, it would utterly shock me if Wilhelm was dead. At the very least he'll kill the whale from within, wanna bet? This so-called "masterpiece" episode demands this radical surprise.

Well, I don't think we'll get more of this, the main point to be emphasized here is that Reinhard is their son. And it was kinda implied that Wilhelm finally understood her in the moment of his death and was reunited with her - the flower.

What I find very weird here is that Wilhelm still even remembers her... when the whale should erase his memories of her. It seems like possible plothole.
Aug 14, 2016 3:24 PM
May 2015
Ughh, this episode felt like 5 minutes. The fight was amazing and Wilhelm was a pure badass for like the whole episode. This episode was a nice character development for Wilhelm.

That ending though.....3.Fucking.Whales?!. One was already hard for them but three? Oh god, I have a bad feeling about the next episode's outcome.

Also, that soundtrack at the beginning and while they're fighting the whale is AWESOME! It reminds me of the battle OST that plays while I'm fighting a monster in Monster Hunter. Goosebumps all around my arms.....

5/5 Waiting for the next episode is way too long XD

Apr 2013
I have this small theory about one of these days somebody would have seen Subaru's browser history while he's being away and Japan fall into chaotic situation knowing that somebody is missing and the facts that he actually worships cucumber...
"GINTAMA IS UTTER SHIT!"
*Scores SAO2 9/10 and Nisekoi 9/10*

Nov 2013
zal said:
Heitokun said:

Yes, I already apologized for that mate, I didn't realize i had not closed he spoiler, there's no need to create a storm out of that, fixed, now chill.
I am pretty chilled, I personally don't care for the spoilers. The caps part is from the first post of every episode discussion thread.
I am not talking about the post you forgot to close the spoiler but about having discussions of manga content even under spoiler which shouldn't happen, there's another thread for that.

Then it is, with all due respect to the mods of this awesome site, a retarded rule, because if I can't spoil anything beyond this anime, then there's nothing to spoil at all, but okay, I'll apologize for that if a have to.
Aug 14, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2014
Heitokun said:
Methuslah said:

Aug 14, 2016 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
So are there three whales now? Isn't that just some sort of illusion by that fog? I thought that it was gluttony or so called it Puck but to think there are more of them.. it seems kinda unreal to me. Also will Subaru use his dark power now that their enemies are kinda overpowered?
Aug 14, 2016 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
Methuslah said:
Heitokun said:

Aug 14, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2015
This episode was like 2 minutes long.
I can't wait until next week :(

10/10 Ep

[アウサマ95]
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

866 by mozgow »»
Today, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

360 by MrList »»
Jun 26, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

819 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 23, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

699 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:45 AM

» Why wasn't Emilia surprised that Subaru knows Puck's name

EstebanOD - Jan 12, 2022

12 by Vitali_Osandor »»
Jun 22, 3:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.