Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 25, 2016 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Just_Chicken said:
Xarvyn said:

It's not even a critique. Fai just complains about something he has already criticized. Most of the stuff that he says is just nitpicks. Every animation studio has their flaws. Ufotable is a team of imperfect human beings. Even the studios that he loves aren't perfect.

This isn't an animated movie with huge budget. A low quality shot here and there are expected, especially in fast action sequences (which normal people don't watch frame-by-frame). This holds true for every anime regardless of the studio.

Pulling out a bad frame among thousands of good ones doesn't make any sense.
It would be like Bitching at Witcher 3's graphics while it has a few Pop ups here and there, even though most of it is amazing looking
Sup...
Jul 25, 2016 3:15 PM
Apr 2016
Have not played the game but that ufotable magic is shaping up nicely, OST was pretty sick to say the least.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#Talklessdomore
Jul 25, 2016 3:20 PM

May 2011
Kingof1k said:
Cirris said:

Yeah it's kind of obvious from the start the MC would be the Sheppard/Hero. They like advertise him in the OP from the get go.

But at least he isn't just another "ordinary high school boy" trope.

He's the classic, but less used, Orphan MC with special powers. Mowgli raised by ghosts.

------------------------------------------

The story is still a bit bland and the dialogue is mundane. But still the art and action sequences make this story seem much better and enjoyable than you'd normally rate.

Have you play the game? I haven't

Nope, i haven't. But i do enjoy adventure style Anime like this. InuYasha was one of my favorite anime. This definitely has the "once upon a time" fantasy vibe to it.
Jul 25, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2014
Fai said:
Xarvyn said:

It's not even a critique. Fai just complains about something he has already criticized. Most of the stuff that he says is just nitpicks. Every animation studio has their flaws. Ufotable is a team of imperfect human beings. Even the studios that he loves aren't perfect.

Just because something keeps being a flaw over course of multiple shows or adaptations, does not suddenly make it "not a critique". If you honestly believe I am saying exact same things each time, then you really are not reading the actual posts.

Also "others do it too!" is not an excuse. Especially not in a show which is judged mainly only on the animation and action.When a narrative is breath-takingly complex and directing damn good you can excuse bad animation here and there, even if it still bugs a trained eye. However Zestria's strong point IS the fights and eyecandy. It is not adapting some complex narrative and it's directing is very typical and uninspired. So yes, judging the show based on it's strengths is not wrong. In case of Zestiria that's action scenes and eyecandy. Its the main reason to watch the show and its the main possible way to separate it from dozens of thousands of other fantasy stories. AND scenery shots and flashy fights ARE Ufo's strong points. You don't judge an action blockbuster or michael bay style movies on their philosophical themes and narrative(well unless its really good), you judge them on the stunts and explosions and all the stuff like that. This is no different. Zestiria is a typical generic fantasy about heroic chaste guy and his party blowing evil monsters up with his magic super sayian form and his magic sword. So it makes sense to critique problems with that.

And yes, even studios I love are not exempt. Bones is near perfect studio, a studio that brought us the top1 anime of the year with Conrevo, but they still produced some stinkers(EX: BokuHero)..

> top1 anime
> Conrevo
.... are you okay ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2016 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
-Lukz said:
Fai said:

Just because something keeps being a flaw over course of multiple shows or adaptations, does not suddenly make it "not a critique". If you honestly believe I am saying exact same things each time, then you really are not reading the actual posts.

Also "others do it too!" is not an excuse. Especially not in a show which is judged mainly only on the animation and action.When a narrative is breath-takingly complex and directing damn good you can excuse bad animation here and there, even if it still bugs a trained eye. However Zestria's strong point IS the fights and eyecandy. It is not adapting some complex narrative and it's directing is very typical and uninspired. So yes, judging the show based on it's strengths is not wrong. In case of Zestiria that's action scenes and eyecandy. Its the main reason to watch the show and its the main possible way to separate it from dozens of thousands of other fantasy stories. AND scenery shots and flashy fights ARE Ufo's strong points. You don't judge an action blockbuster or michael bay style movies on their philosophical themes and narrative(well unless its really good), you judge them on the stunts and explosions and all the stuff like that. This is no different. Zestiria is a typical generic fantasy about heroic chaste guy and his party blowing evil monsters up with his magic super sayian form and his magic sword. So it makes sense to critique problems with that.

And yes, even studios I love are not exempt. Bones is near perfect studio, a studio that brought us the top1 anime of the year with Conrevo, but they still produced some stinkers(EX: BokuHero)..

> top1 anime
> Conrevo
.... are you okay ?
Bro he thinks Boku no Hero is nothing but Naruto Cliches, even though It shat on the cliches so many fucking times(hopefully we get the whole series animated so we could see all that)
Sup...
Jul 25, 2016 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
Fai said:
yes, even studios I love are not exempt. Bones is near perfect studio, a studio that brought us the top1 anime of the year with Conrevo, but they still produced some stinkers(EX: BokuHero)..

Conrevo the top anime of year?

Sorry couldn't stop laughing at that

And studio Bones is a very safe studio in what it chooses to adapt into anime and you talk about Ufotable milking a series what about Bones and full metal alchemist after the 2003 series that was absolutely garbage after they got away from the source material they remake the series again to try and fix their mistake and released movie after shitty movie to try and milk the franchise for all its worth.
Jul 25, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
Fayt89 said:

And studio Bones is a very safe studio in what it chooses to adapt into anime and you talk about Ufotable milking a series

> Safe
> A show that most of japanese will hate due to it not being blind at Japan's problems, racism and historic mistakes. And most of westerners won't get because they don't know history. And on top of it it has a non-linear narrative that requires the viewers to pay attention.
> A show thats about japanese authors which most of public won't get since it requires a decent knowledge of literature both japanese and western
> Mob Psycho. A show that' has one of the most unique and artistically "unsafe" visual styles, with some stylistic choices that would make even geniuses like Yuasa blush.

Only really safe show was BokuHero because it was by the book shonen.

What did Ufotable give us? Game adaptations, popular franchise adaptations, card game adaptations. Most of which are either pre-financed as adverts or guaranteed to sell no matter what. Fate/Zero was last "gamble" they did because they admitted to not having expected it to take off. Everything afterward, including Zestiria is INCREDIBLY safe and samey

Bones and full metal alchemist after the 2003 series that was absolutely garbage after they got away from the source material they remake the series again to try and fix their mistake and released movie after shitty movie to try and milk the franchise for all its worth.

As I said, not even bones are exempt for making blunders. FMA2003 was one of them. But in last few years they have gone up and up and up and up. Since Kekkai Sensen(which was one of best of 2015), Bones has consistently produced some of the most enjoyable and unique works.

-Lukz said:

> top1 anime
> Conrevo
.... are you okay ?

A show with a complex narrative that pokes important questions of Japanese history, nationalism and vices, as well as juxtaposing the real world events with their popculture world counterparts. An actual exploration of themes and problems considered taboo in Japanese media. All the while having heartfelt stories of interesting characters in their struggle to define their good and evil, with show exploring themes of moral absolutism versus moral relativism, as well as anarchy versus authoritarianism. Overall its a culmination of what Shou Aikawa has been trying to do for years and this time he succeeds. Seems fine to label that as Top1 show of the year so far.
Sure Rakugo was damn close in beating it for top 1, but nothing else really comes close to those shows this year anyway.

Nothing else really even tries to. Well Mob Psycho is slowly inching closer but still quite far away

Certainly not Zestiria lol. And even compared to the rest of shows this year, Zestiria still is quite generic, with the visuals and action being its main focus and redeeming quality. It makes perfect sense to analyze and critique the show's visuals and fights, because that is why the show is being watched in the first place.
AhenshihaelJul 25, 2016 4:27 PM
Jul 25, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
This anime is terrible. Characters aren't animated properly (i.e. talking heads), story is still a mind-boggling mess, music is generic and pretty much everything else except for the sheer amount of money spent on this (which I can only speculate on) is clearly subpar. More than anything, it doesn't feel like a finished product. I can't believe that same studio did Fate series because there is so much qualitative difference it feels like watching Ninja Slayer after Kill la Kill. Sorry, I just hate it so much I needed to speak out.
dsw2biJul 25, 2016 4:33 PM
Jul 25, 2016 5:22 PM

Jul 2016
heitoo said:
This anime is terrible. Characters aren't animated properly (i.e. talking heads), story is still a mind-boggling mess, music is generic and pretty much everything else except for the sheer amount of money spent on this (which I can only speculate on) is clearly subpar. More than anything, it doesn't feel like a finished product. I can't believe that same studio did Fate series because there is so much qualitative difference it feels like watching Ninja Slayer after Kill la Kill. Sorry, I just hate it so much I needed to speak out.

As far as the talking head is concerned, I do understand where you are coming from. Episode 0 was rather underwhelming when it came to that. That random NPC (who was with the little girl --- the scene about raisin) barely had any movement at all.

However, I disagree that it makes this Anime terrible. I think it's amazing. You're entitled to your opinion so it's fine :P

Jul 25, 2016 7:16 PM
Mar 2016
Cirris said:
Kingof1k said:
Have you play the game? I haven't

Nope, i haven't. But i do enjoy adventure style Anime like this. InuYasha was one of my favorite anime. This definitely has the "once upon a time" fantasy vibe to it.
Well Tales of games are always like that
Jul 25, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2011
FrozenSheep said:
heitoo said:

As far as the talking head is concerned, I do understand where you are coming from. Episode 0 was rather underwhelming when it came to that. That random NPC (who was with the little girl --- the scene about raisin) barely had any movement at all.

However, I disagree that it makes this Anime terrible. I think it's amazing. You're entitled to your opinion so it's fine :P

Yeah, episode 0 was a complete mess. Playing the game doesn't even help you understand it in the least. The animation was good in some parts, but then when you see the whole sequence between the creepy hellion guy and the annoying goth loli, it just becomes a big clusterfuck of weird CGI placement and confusing character movements.

Sorey's journey has a shepherd has only begun, so I hope Ufotable can get better animation direction for the rest of these episodes. I don't want to just see pretty CGI, I want to see what's going on.

Also time to count how many times the word "malevolence" is said.
Jul 25, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was something...amazing!
Ufotable never stops amazing me.
When he pulled that sword i had goosebumps xD
Amazing! Amazing!
After watching some comments from the first page, i realized that those merchants are the assassins...why would they even kill her?
Btw Sorey looks so badass now! Now he and Alisha can shut some mouths xD
Next episode will be great too (as always).
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 25, 2016 8:43 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Fayt89 said:

And studio Bones is a very safe studio in what it chooses to adapt into anime and you talk about Ufotable milking a series

> Safe
> A show that most of japanese will hate due to it not being blind at Japan's problems, racism and historic mistakes. And most of westerners won't get because they don't know history. And on top of it it has a non-linear narrative that requires the viewers to pay attention.
> A show thats about japanese authors which most of public won't get since it requires a decent knowledge of literature both japanese and western
> Mob Psycho. A show that' has one of the most unique and artistically "unsafe" visual styles, with some stylistic choices that would make even geniuses like Yuasa blush.

What did Ufotable give us? Game adaptations, popular franchise adaptations, card game adaptations. Most of which are either pre-financed as adverts or guaranteed to sell no matter what. Fate/Zero was last "gamble" they did because they admitted to not having expected it to take off. Everything afterward, including Zestiria is INCREDIBLY safe and samey

Bones and full metal alchemist after the 2003 series that was absolutely garbage after they got away from the source material they remake the series again to try and fix their mistake and released movie after shitty movie to try and milk the franchise for all its worth.

As I said, not even bones are exempt for making blunders. FMA2003 was one of them. But in last few years they have gone up and up and up and up. Since Kekkai Sensen(which was one of best of 2015), Bones has consistently produced some of the most enjoyable and unique works.

-Lukz said:

> top1 anime
> Conrevo
.... are you okay ?

A show with a complex narrative that pokes important questions of Japanese history, nationalism and vices, as well as juxtaposing the real world events with their popculture world counterparts. An actual exploration of themes and problems considered taboo in Japanese media. All the while having heartfelt stories of interesting characters in their struggle to define their good and evil, with show exploring themes of moral absolutism versus moral relativism, as well as anarchy versus authoritarianism. Overall its a culmination of what Shou Aikawa has been trying to do for years and this time he succeeds. Seems fine to label that as Top1 show of the year so far.
Sure Rakugo was damn close in beating it for top 1, but nothing else really comes close to those shows this year anyway.

Nothing else really even tries to. Well Mob Psycho is slowly inching closer but still quite far away

Certainly not Zestiria lol. And even compared to the rest of shows this year, Zestiria still is quite generic, with the visuals and action being its main focus and redeeming quality. It makes perfect sense to analyze and critique the show's visuals and fights, because that is why the show is being watched in the first place.

So, here's the thing about Conrevo. It's a good show but it's not a great show. Tackling all those themes and the mistakes of Japan's past doesn't on its own make it good. The story itself is kind of a mess.
Jul 25, 2016 9:54 PM

Jul 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Fai said:

> Safe

So, here's the thing about Conrevo. It's a good show but it's not a great show. Tackling all those themes and the mistakes of Japan's past doesn't on its own make it good. The story itself is kind of a mess.
Kinda like Kekkai Sensen, even though everything else was pretty great for that show
Sup...
Jul 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Sep 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Kinda like Kekkai Sensen, even though everything else was pretty great for that show

Yeah, I really liked Kekkai Sensen. I had a very engaging style but i was very much "All style, little substance".
Jul 25, 2016 10:10 PM

Jul 2015
Xarvyn said:
FrozenSheep said:

Yeah, episode 0 was a complete mess. Playing the game doesn't even help you understand it in the least. The animation was good in some parts, but then when you see the whole sequence between the creepy hellion guy and the annoying goth loli, it just becomes a big clusterfuck of weird CGI placement and confusing character movements.

Sorey's journey has a shepherd has only begun, so I hope Ufotable can get better animation direction for the rest of these episodes. I don't want to just see pretty CGI, I want to see what's going on.

IDk what your talking about, but if you play the game the prologue is not hard to understand, kinda like Fate/Zero first episode if u play the Visual novel for Stay Night
Sup...
Jul 25, 2016 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, I am quite content with this show. All the changes are better. Maybe best videogame anime adaptation? Maybe.
Jul 26, 2016 6:11 AM

Aug 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
Xarvyn said:

IDk what your talking about, but if you play the game the prologue is not hard to understand, kinda like Fate/Zero first episode if u play the Visual novel for Stay Night

Okay so, I'm not trying to say playing the game doesn't help you understand the prologue's story (Poor choice of words on my part), but it doesn't help to understand the whole reason for putting out the prologue episode or why it even matters in the first place. There's no character development at all. It's pointless. It's literally just to show off Ufotable's animation skills.
XarvynJul 26, 2016 6:53 AM
Jul 26, 2016 7:10 AM

Jul 2016
Xarvyn said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Okay so, I'm not trying to say playing the game doesn't help you understand the prologue's story (Poor choice of words on my part), but it doesn't help to understand the whole reason for putting out the prologue episode or why it even matters in the first place. There's no character development at all. It's pointless. It's literally just to show off Ufotable's animation skills.

It's my opinion:

The point of episode 0 was to show Calamities. It shows what happened to Alisha. In the game, when Alisha talks about Calamities, you haven't seen much (we only saw some dark clouds) so her worlds didn't have much weight. In the Anime, however, it had more weight. We saw her friends die to it. We saw the professor getting consumed by a dragon. We saw a kid being pulling into a tornado and a dragon coming out of it (they probably didn't want to show the dragon eating her... I think?). An entire village got wiped out.

I think that quite a few people weren't emotionally invested into those characters, but it served as a way to develop her character. She has seen some crazy things and want to find a solution.

Jul 26, 2016 8:23 AM

Mar 2016
FrozenSheep said:
Xarvyn said:

It's my opinion:

The point of episode 0 was to show Calamities. It shows what happened to Alisha. In the game, when Alisha talks about Calamities, you haven't seen much (we only saw some dark clouds) so her worlds didn't have much weight. In the Anime, however, it had more weight. We saw her friends die to it. We saw the professor getting consumed by a dragon. We saw a kid being pulling into a tornado and a dragon coming out of it (they probably didn't want to show the dragon eating her... I think?). An entire village got wiped out.

I think that quite a few people weren't emotionally invested into those characters, but it served as a way to develop her character. She has seen some crazy things and want to find a solution.

I agree with this , episode 0 was to expand on Alisha's character and her experiences with the calamities . When alisha told sorey later on about the calamities and atrocities she faced , you can genuinely feel those words coming out of her because you have seen all of that she went through before
Jul 26, 2016 9:04 AM

Aug 2011
DragonSlayer_19 said:
FrozenSheep said:

It's my opinion:

I agree with this , episode 0 was to expand on Alisha's character and her experiences with the calamities . When alisha told sorey later on about the calamities and atrocities she faced , you can genuinely feel those words coming out of her because you have seen all of that she went through before

You guys make a good point. One thing about episode 0 was worth it, and that was Alisha's development I guess. It makes up for when
Alisha is one of the best characters, so I hope they flesh out her story more. Hopefully we don't have to pay money for Alisha in this anime.
XarvynJul 26, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 26, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2012
For someone who didn't play the game, it makes the anime amazing.
"The opposite of boredom is not pleasure... but excitement. People will gladly seek out any kind of excitement, even pain." -Makishima Shougo
Jul 26, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
The animation seemed really nice in this episode! However, at some points, it seemed a little video game-esque (the dragon flying around scenes). I'm glad they're keeping Alisha; the fight scene was pleasant to watch! It's nice to see her fight as well.

Sorey seems a bit overpowered, in my opinion. I wonder what conflicts he'll have besides the "tough decision making" and "contempt of the people" stuff? He does look really cool in his gear.

We pretty much already know who the assassinators are but I won't disclose in case anyone hasn't caught on yet. The opening scene tells me the assassination won't happen since Alisha's still alive and

All in all, a good episode! Although the beginning was a little slow (got bored for a bit) the fight scene animations were nice to watch. Let's see what happens next!
Jul 26, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Never played the game.

Excellent episode of Sorey becoming the shepherd.
I do sometimes feel like the animation of - say the dragon flying around and the background as the tornado came in episode 0 - is very video game-esque.
Jul 26, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2014
AAAAA AAAAA.
I just can't express how happy this adaptation is making me. It looks BEAUTIFUL and the story is being told btter. Though, it will take time to adapt to the new Lailah voice.
10/10
Jul 26, 2016 6:10 PM

May 2013
Uforable seems to be adapting this quite well, really liking it so far. I wish I fought a beast like that in the game instead of a werewolf :D. I knew it was coming....I knew Lailah was going to appear this episode, but I couldn't help it and felt really heart broken when I heard her voice. The prevous voice actor for her(in the game) passed away, and it just hurts me when I heard her voice, Sorey-San...Sorey-San...well her new voice actor is really good too :D. I just can't help it and feel sad about it, will really miss her voice acting.

xBrokenJul 26, 2016 6:13 PM
Jul 26, 2016 6:44 PM

Jan 2015
Just_Chicken said:

This isn't an animated movie with huge budget. A low quality shot here and there are expected, especially in fast action sequences (which normal people don't watch frame-by-frame). This holds true for every anime regardless of the studio.

That's the thing though, that frame is grossly misrepresented, its not even a "low quality frame" per se. I'd wana see what is the best quality keyframe anyone can find of a character in the distance, compared to how character looks up close.

Just like this one, in virtually all shows a keyframe of a character at that distance will have little detail. In addition to that the character is in motion rather than static, and there is a little blur and bloom going around.

Here are just quick examples of characters becoming less detailed the farther they are. This is perfectly normal, and in this case they are static.

FrozenkexJul 26, 2016 7:09 PM
Jul 26, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2014
Frozenkex said:
Just_Chicken said:

That's the thing though, that frame is grossly misrepresented, its not even a "low quality frame" per se. I'd wana see what is the best quality keyframe anyone can find of a character in the distance, compared to how character looks up close.

Just like this one, in virtually all shows a keyframe of a character at that distance will have little detail. In addition to that the character is in motion rather than static, and there is a little blur and bloom going around.

Here are just quick examples of characters becoming less detailed the farther they are. This is perfectly normal, and in this case they are static.

That 2nd pic must be from the 80s. :P
Jul 26, 2016 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was amazing! Cant wait to see more
Jul 26, 2016 9:35 PM
Oct 2010
Anyone else think this is Ufo's cleanest show yet? The man fights don't have a bunch of effects covering them and even the effects heavy fights don't have those effects obscuring vision like in FSN or FZ.
Jul 26, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2015
GD1551 said:
Anyone else think this is Ufo's cleanest show yet? The man fights don't have a bunch of effects covering them and even the effects heavy fights don't have those effects obscuring vision like in FSN or FZ.

well its a different world and different characters fighting. In fsn and f/z (more so in FSN) you had servants dozens of times faster and stronger, and the effects were a representation of that.

Zestiria is different and they also have more creative license there I'd say.
Jul 26, 2016 11:43 PM
Oct 2010
Frozenkex said:
GD1551 said:

well its a different world and different characters fighting. In fsn and f/z (more so in FSN) you had servants dozens of times faster and stronger, and the effects were a representation of that.

Zestiria is different and they also have more creative license there I'd say.

Problem was that they effects actually obscured the fights. That doesn't seem to be an issue here at all, the effects are placed in the background of the characters so you can see pretty much everything. I really like that about the show.
Jul 27, 2016 12:21 AM

Apr 2016
can't wait to see the turtlez people in the anime :D
Jul 27, 2016 2:18 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent episode! surely this is high budget!
Not so sure about the plot.
5/5. - because of the impressive very fine artwork.

Jul 27, 2016 2:56 AM

Jun 2013
dude went bankai on that dragon lol theis was really good
Jul 27, 2016 4:19 AM

Aug 2011
zero_omar said:

The Turtlez probably won't even show up, unless they start giving Sorey new maps in the anime as well. The reason they might not be adapted is because it doesn't really do anything for the story. The only reason you saw the Turtlez in the first place was because one of them was chasing a traitor around the world while giving you maps in the process. All the traitor did was sell things to you.
Jul 27, 2016 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
Xarvyn said:
zero_omar said:

The Turtlez probably won't even show up, unless they start giving Sorey new maps in the anime as well. The reason they might not be adapted is because it doesn't really do anything for the story. The only reason you saw the Turtlez in the first place was because one of them was chasing a traitor around the world while giving you maps in the process. All the traitor did was sell things to you.

I likez the wayz theyz talkz XD
Jul 27, 2016 4:52 AM

Aug 2015
Once again the wooden script dampens the experience. Some dialogue exchanges were borderline cringe-worthy. Was really hoping the adaptation would thin down some of those cheesy JRPG lines...
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
Jul 27, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
Even though the animation and ost is so good I can't force myself to like it because like NaChiKyoTsuki97 said even I can't stand those cringeworthy dialogue exchange.
Jul 27, 2016 9:34 AM

Aug 2011
zero_omar said:
Xarvyn said:

I likez the wayz theyz talkz XD

I also likez the wayz theyz talkz. Every timez therez waz onez, I wouldz do itz a lotz out loudz.
Jul 27, 2016 2:33 PM

Aug 2012
Ufotable rules.Awesome visuals! 5/5

Jul 27, 2016 3:01 PM

May 2014
I really liked it i got absorbed into it almost as soon as the episode started
Jul 27, 2016 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
D-Joe said:
It's pretty nice that UFO keep improving Alisha's role.

indeed I approve of it also- We will have to see how the series goes though especially around 5-6 and beyond to get more a feel for what it will become..or not become
Jul 27, 2016 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
The assassin girl couldn't have been more obvious after this episode. But I like her.

Scratch the animation, art and BGM. I am watching this for the girls alone.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 27, 2016 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
shanimebib said:
The assassin girl couldn't have been more obvious after this episode. But I like her.

The identity of the assassin was never meant to be a secret, unlike the game. Episode 00 has shown that girl remove her mask.

The identity of the Shepherd was never meant to be a secret either.

If you are watching it for girls, best girl loli probably won't disappoint you.

Jul 27, 2016 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
FrozenSheep said:
shanimebib said:

The identity of the assassin was never meant to be a secret, unlike the game. Episode 00 has shown that girl remove her mask.

The identity of the Shepherd was never meant to be a secret either.

If you are watching it for girls, best girl loli probably won't disappoint you.

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously as I saw her removing the mask in episode 00, lol. And anyone could realize Sorey is meant to be the shepherd from his character design alone.

But I will wait until the umbrella girl makes her appearance to pick my favourite. Right now, it's the merchant girl with keen eye for daggers for me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 27, 2016 8:20 PM

Sep 2013
That was incredible all around. His transformation is legitimately bad ass. Usually when an anime character goes through a transformation, they typically look the same.

Sorey's hair and eyes changes colors. His hair is a lot longer and his outfit is completely different from before. The color combination of white, gold and red makes him stand out in a non-annoying way...looking at you Golden Frieza...

But yeah, really solid transformation, great animation and several stories starting at once. Really enjoyed this episode, can't wait for next week.

5/5

Jul 28, 2016 7:40 AM

Jan 2014
Well, I have to say that it was very predictable that Sorey will be the one to draw this sword. but anyways, I'm starting to get very interested in this anime, still it's hard to follow since I haven't played the game, nonetheless, I find it great.

I love these episode previews!
Jul 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
I miss Miyu's voice for Lailah... But Noriko's voice is nice too.

Pretty great so far. Armatization was hella sudden, but I see how it'd make more sense to do it here. In the game I think all we did was fight off some slimes or w/e and got armatization in the waterways, lmfao. Not sure if they used the armatization mystic arte, but if they did, I'm very sad they didn't do the chant. D: Hopefully it wasn't and if they ever do execute a MA in a future episode, the chant will be with it. Gotta love the MA chants...

Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 28, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
I miss Miyu's voice for Lailah... But Noriko's voice is nice too.

Not sure if they used the armatization mystic arte, but if they did, I'm very sad they didn't do the chant. D: Hopefully it wasn't and if they ever do execute a MA in a future episode, the chant will be with it. Gotta love the MA chants...

im sure it's not(hopefuly) because there is a normal attack combo that look like the MA move , but yeah... i could be wrong.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

194 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

221 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 17, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.